4.8

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

2013 - 2014, Successful
I have PCOS so Dr.Malo used a protocol that involved long days of medication. I took follistim, meapour as well as citratide during my cycle. He very closely monitored my levels so I would not get OHSS. He was very careful with every dose and every medicine I took. Even though I always saw a nurse he would call me every day after my appointment to check in. He told us that the flair protocols is sometimes used for patients who have PCOS, but that often times ends in OHSS (which I got from a previous clinic). He said that he would rather do "slow and steady wins the race" instead of fast and furious.
I honestly can't say enough good things about this staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] . They became our family. The nurses there went above and beyond. They would make emergency appointments for me when I was bleeding, they would move things around to help accommodate our lifestyles. The most important thing is they were overjoyed with us when we got pregnant. They genuinely cared- you can't ask for more.
How was your experience with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
We had a very high risk pregnancy and retrieval. Lots of moving parts including PGS testing. He was perfect. Explained everything to a T and was able to also comfort us. He explained every option and its outcomes. He was extremely realistic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
He is honest, but knows his stuff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
The nurses at the Saint Paul clinic treated us like family. They laughed, cried and prayed with us, then genuinely cared about us.
Describe the protocols John Malo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Center for Reproductive Medicine)
I honestly can't say enough good things about this staff. They became our family. The nurses there went above and beyond. They would make emergency appointments for me when I was bleeding, they would move things around to help accommodate our lifestyles. The most important thing is they were overjoyed with us when we got pregnant. They genuinely cared- you can't ask for more.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They are great at scheduling. They are fabulous at making connections with their patients. One area they could work on is avaliblity.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Malo at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Fresh cycle: $14,000 PGS testing: $2,500 FET: $4,300
Describe John Malo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Dr. Malo suggested that we do 1 embryo due to my age as well as the PGS testing we had done. I asked the risks for 2 embryos and he agreed that I would have a better chance of pregnancy with 2 embryos, but still have a fabulous chance of pregnancy with 1, especially with doing an FET.

2012 - 2013, Successful
his [Dr. John Malo's] demeanor and explanations of the procedures we were doing was helpful and always felt like he was taking his time with me and my husband...many failed IUI cycles that led to trying IVF. I had a great response and ended up with 5 emboyos on day 5. We used icsi after identifying a male factor late in the game right before IVT procedure one. We transferred the best quality egg (did not do testing) singleton and got pregnant. we froze the other 4 embryos. 3 1/2 years later I returned to the same clinic to transfer another singleton after one failed cycle where my lining didn't thicken enough we transfered another singleton which resulted in a positive pregnancy and now I have two children. We made the decision to donate the remaining 3 embryos as our family is complete.
The St. Paul Center for Reproductive Medicine nursing staff is top notch. They know your name, your story, and spend the time needed to answer any and all questions. I was welcomed back 4 years later for my second IVF with open arms and the entire nursing staff still knowing me and being their for me...There will be a only a handful of meetings with the doctor, it is the nursing staff at the St. Paul office that will be seeing you day in and day out and they are the ones that you need to connect with. I loved their entire staff.
John has since retired, so i really think this a mut point, but his demeanor and explanations of the procedures we were doing was helpful and always felt like he was taking his time with me and my husband.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
AMAZING! They made the process so much less painful. Always had compassion and respect for our journey and I couldn't have gotten through both times with out them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Overall the clinic itself is great with scheduling and being accommodating to your schedules. I do wish they were a bit better with the financial side of things as it gets very confusing and thought they could have done a better job of talking through the details of payments.
Lots and lots of money. :-) some paid by insurance, but a large majority was out of pocket
Dr. Malo advised against multiple embryo transfer after taking measurements of my uterus. He didn't think I could carry multiples to term. Both my children were 5 1/2 lbs and came early, so he was spot on with his assessment.
2015, Successful
I felt [Dr. John Malo] was straightforward and took time to answer our questions. Although we didn’t meet with him much in person, he communicated well via email and occasionally via phone. He seemed very knowledgeable, and we trusted his recommendations overall...We liked his approach [on Eset]. He was open to transferring 2 but educated us on reasons why it may also be better to transfer 1...Come prepared with questions.
Overall, this clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was great. The St. Paul and Minneapolis locations had a different feel with St. Paul being much smaller. We preferred the smaller location as it felt more personable. The clinic was kept up nicely and seemed well organized...the nursing staff took time to fully answer my questions and genuinely cared. The nursing staff was especially warm and considerate...It felt like they truly cared about us.
I felt Dr. Malo was straightforward and took time to answer our questions. Although we didn’t meet with him much in person, he communicated well via email and occasionally via phone. He seemed very knowledgeable, and we trusted his recommendations overall.
Come prepared with questions.
I felt that Dr. Malo and the nursing staff took time to fully answer my questions and genuinely cared. The nursing staff was especially warm and considerate.
The two nurses we saw the most were extremely kind and compassionate. It felt like they truly cared about us.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Overall, this clinic was great. The St. Paul and Minneapolis locations had a different feel with St. Paul being much smaller. We preferred the smaller location as it felt more personable. The clinic was kept up nicely and seemed well organized.
I think the IUIs were all around $2500 including meds, and IVF was around $15,000 including meds.
We liked his approach. He was open to transferring 2 but educated us on reasons why it may also be better to transfer 1.