Royal College
National Inst of Health

John Norian works at

8112 Miliken Ave.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

I wish that Dr. Norian could have spent some more time explaining things to us. And maybe that will come later during a follow up consultation if this is a failed cycle. ... I think there are somethings we just won’t ever understand about our fertility with DOR and a family history of male infertility on my husband’s side of the family. ... Dr. Norian was super busy, and I didn’t feel like he could spend time with us to answer questions. He was very rushed trying to get through patients.
There were two occasions I sat in the waiting room [HRC] for over an hour because they were behind. It’s tough to put up with this because I was working and had to make up my time at work. So waiting was stressful. I wish they would have notified me to come in a little later and that would have made all the difference. ... The laboratory nurse was pretty good about getting my blood drawn right away.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
I came in already having been treated elsewhere so my diagnosis was done outside of this clinic. I don’t feel that I learned anything new being under his care. He seemed to be a very skilled doctor from the times we met with him. The medical treatment was not unlike our other experiences.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Make sure to have your questions written so that when you get time to talk to the doctor you will not forget what you wanted to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We did Gonal F 225mg and Menopur 225mg-300mg for 9 days. Novarel on day 10 and Cetrotide for 5 days. Doxycline a day before the retrieval for 5 days. We started a few meds a day after egg retrieval that included progesterone in oil, endometrin, estradiol, Medrol dose pack. I would have liked a rationale for using this protocol from the doctor but mostly the nurse would just tell me what we were doing with not too much explanation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Deanne)
Deanne spent most of the time of our visit with us explaining medication and appointments. She also seemed to be rushed. I made about two phone calls to her and the call went to voice mail each time. It was best to communicate with her via email. The laboratory nurse was pretty good about getting my blood drawn right away.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I believe that this clinic does a fantastic job at what they do. I feel that our setbacks are because of our diagnosis or lack therefore. I think there are somethings we just won’t ever understand about our fertility with DOR and a family history of male infertility on my husband’s side of the family. There are just some people that have a higher success rate than we do. I wish that Dr. Norian could have spent some more time explaining things to us. And maybe that will come later during a follow up consultation if this is a failed cycle. Another weakness is that the clinic is so busy. There were two occasions I sat in the waiting room for over an hour because they were behind. It’s tough to put up with this because I was working and had to make up my time at work. So waiting was stressful. I wish they would have notified me to come in a little later and that would have made all the difference.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
Procedure was like $12k. Medication was about $6k.
Rancho Cucamonga

Dr. Norian from my experience would usually say like over all I’m pleased with the result when he checked my blood works, follicles. I also had a couple of blood work results that were a bit abnormal and he would point it out to me and prescribed me a medication and coach me on lifestyle changes that I needed to do. ... Sometimes or some tests he failed to give me feedback so that’s when I have to initiate and ask him things like what do you think of my husband’s sperm analysis result, how are my follicles responding to the treatment. I am still half way through my IVF process but I am pleased in general with how Dr. Noraian is managing my treatment.
Strengths: -clinic [HRC] is clean -most of the staff are courteous and friendly -wait time when I went for ultrasound/bloodwork was not bad at all Weakness -took me about a month to get a schedule for initial consultation -their main receptionist is not so courteous in person and during phone calls ... Their monitoring is in the mornings. Weekend monitoring is in another branch about about 30 miles away
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian from my experience would usually say like over all I’m pleased with the result when he checked my blood works, follicles. I also had a couple of blood work results that were a bit abnormal and he would point it out to me and prescribed me a medication and coach me on lifestyle changes that I needed to do. He would give feedbacks like that. Sometimes or some tests he failed to give me feedback so that’s when I have to initiate and ask him things like what do you think of my husband’s sperm analysis result, how are my follicles responding to the treatment. I am still half way through my IVF process but I am pleased in general with how Dr. Noraian is managing my treatment.
Do your research in advance if you can because Dr. Norian or even most doctors I think, don’t really give a detailed explanation of everything in the process and if they do you will most probably be overwhelmed while in the clinic. Also make make a list of the questions you might have for Dr. Norian and his team.
I can tell that Dr. Norian is always really busy but he always managed to ask how I am doing. Although always briefly, but he makes it a point to explain his plan of care for me and informs me if my results are good or not.
Birth control pills for about 2 weeks, then injections for about 10 days. Follistim, menopur. Ganirelix was added in the last few days. Trigger shot was lupron. Mood swings, fatigue and mild OHSS towards egg retrieval day and after were the side effects that I experienced.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes. Michelle)
My nurse coordinator always answered my calls and emails promptly. The only thing is she can be sarcastic when I clarify certain things about the treatment that I don’t understand.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths: -clinic is clean -most of the staff are courteous and friendly -wait time when I went for ultrasound/bloodwork was not bad at all Weakness -took me about a month to get a schedule for initial consultation -their main receptionist is not so courteous in person and during phone calls
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
$17,000+ including PGS ,ICSI but not including meds and mock IVF

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
My experience with Dr Norian was pleasant. His office [HRC] is very busy. He is nice though. ... Dr Norian sometimes appears too rushed in his busy schedule. However when he is with you he does seem genuine and caring. ... I believe him to have a high level of skill and education. You do have to go to a different office for procedures. ... They have a very cookie cutter approach to how they like to do their cycles. ...
They [HRC] have a very cookie cutter approach to how they like to do their cycles. ... All of the people are friendly from the front desk to financial etc. You have to be your own advocate so don’t be afraid to speak up and ask questions. ... I had a lab value that was low that was failed to be reported. ... My last round I did not feel the LVN was on top of her game in the way I would have wanted.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
My experience with Dr Norian was pleasant. His office is very busy. He is nice though. I believe him to have a high level of skill and education. You do have to go to a different office for procedures. However that office is beautiful and it’s nice not to have to drive far for everything. Your routine appointments will all be done at the Rancho office.
Make sure you think about any questions you have ahead of time and make sure to get them answered. Don’t let the flow of the office overwhelm you.
I don’t exactly recall. They have a very cookie cutter approach to how they like to do their cycles. If you like what they offer great. If you don’t. Go somewhere else.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: She no longer works there)
My last round I did not feel the LVN was on top of her game in the way I would have wanted. This time I have a new coordinator and am hoping for a better experience.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic itself is a nice new clean environment. All of the people are friendly from the front desk to financial etc. You have to be your own advocate so don’t be afraid to speak up and ask questions.
Around 6-7k for an embryo transfer
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr Norian will choose what’s best for you. He is agreeable to listen to your thoughts on it too however.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I had a lab value that was low that was failed to be reported.

2015, Unknown Success
Dr. Norian explained everything thoroughly. We didn't end up getting treatment at his office so it was too early to tell how everything would of turned out. He explained what he thought would work for us. ... Dr. Norian is really busy, he has alot of patients. It's hard to get appointment [HRC - Rancho Cucamonga] soon sometimes. But overall he explained the treatment thoroughly. ...
It was hard to get ahold of them [nurses] sometimes but overall the service was good. They would answer the questions you had. ... It's hard to get appointment soon sometimes. ... I don't know how he [Dr. Norian] is when you decide to get treatment at his clinic [HRC - Rancho Cucamonga] because I didn't get a chance to start treatment there. ... We we're treated well the times we were there.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions and be sure to understand everything you will be going through.
It was too early to tell. We we're treated well the times we were there.
I don't exactly remember what it was. Injections and meds.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
It was hard to get ahold of them sometimes but overall the service was good. They would answer the questions you had.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Dr. Norian is really busy, he has alot of patients. It's hard to get appointment soon sometimes. But overall he explained the treatment thoroughly. I don't know how he is when you decide to get treatment at his clinic because I didn't get a chance to start treatment there.
I remember paying for consultation and some test.