Main Line Fertility

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolPhiladelphia Col
West Chester
915 Old Fern Hill Road
West Chester, PA 19380
610-840-1500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Orris to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Main Line Fertility to a friend?
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
My experience with Dr. Orris has been better than expected. I was so scared and nervous I'd need a D&C because the lining of my uterus was so thick. He decided to do a Hysteroscopy and go in and remove all the extra tissue and was so nice about it. He talked to me and my husband the entire time making me feel so comfortable and was so excited about how every thing looked afterwards. Made me feel like we finally had a fighting chance. I haven't experienced any negative or bad appointments with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Trust him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
A human Dr. Orris is always professional and friendly. He makes this hard process easier. My husband and I both enjoy our appointments.
Describe the protocols John Orris used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
My 1st cycle we started clomid 50mg 2x a day days 2-6. I than had my first intrauterine ultrasound and discovered my lining was abnormally thick. He than decided to wait till next cycle during my bleed to take a look. He than decided to do the Hysteroscopy and was please with the results after removing extra tissue. This last cycle we did 50mg clomid 2x a day for 3-7 and letrozal I had 2 follicles and an iui. I did get my period and decided to take a break this month because I need to pay some of my fertility bills down.
They are so friendly at mainline. I never dread my appointments. And they are the best at drawing blood. I usually bruise very bad.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Their strengths are that they always are on time and prepared. Always friendly and take the time to answer me. I don't really think they have weaknesses. Only thing I'd change is a closer office to my home.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Orris at Main Line Fertility .
My insurance covers the procedures but most office visits we pay 40% they average appointment is 825
Describe John Orris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
I'd be fine with multiple embryo if it came to this.
Paoli
Dr. Orris has always been there for my treatment. He sees a lot of patients, but has never given up on me despite our lack of success at this point. I’ve had an ectopic pregnancy that resulted from my first IVF cycle and he was caring and didn’t look at that as a set back. His quick action saved my tube and hopefully my fertility.... We began our IVF treatments with Dr. Orris... this time the doses were smaller to do a mini IVF protocol and obtain fewer eggs.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris is caring but also serious. He doesn’t sugarcoat his diagnoses. He’s optimistic and believes that we can get pregnant using our own eggs and sperm. However, he has also given us options Incase that does not work. Dr. Orris is matter of fact and not as warm or chatty as I have been used to in the past, but he is professional and sometimes humerus, which makes me smile. I trust his judgement.
Make sure to ask the questions you have on your mind. He will always give his thoughts and plans for the cycle, but may not offer up all of the information you desire. Ask the questions and he’ll give you the answers.
We began our IVF treatments with Dr. Orris in May 2017. With that we used Follistim and Menopur for egg stimulation. I responded well to the medications and we retrieved 7 eggs, of which 5 fertilized with ICSI (used due to male factor infertility). Dr. Orris choose to do a day 3 transfer of 2 embryos which appeared to be developing at a faster rate than the other 3 embryos. Those 3 did not develop past day 5. From our transfer we had an ectopic pregnancy. Methotrexate was given to dissolve the pregnancy and save my right tube. After 3 months of recovery, we started our second IVF cycle, again using Follistim and Menopur. However, this time the doses were smaller to do a mini IVF protocol and obtain fewer eggs. I still responded well, acquiring 5 eggs at retrieval. 4 were fertilized with ICSI. This time we did a day 5 transfer as they were all developing at the same rate. 1 embryo was transferred, resulting in a chemical pregnancy. The other 4 embryos did not make it. From here we have done 3 additional IUI’s (our insurance covers them), while we save for another IVF treatment. For IUI, we used clomid, letrozole and progesterone. All negative tests resulted from these IUI’s.
Every nurse at Main Line Fertility is wonderful. They are caring, knowledgeable, and always keep me informed of my medical care. They are optimistic, excited when things go well and are sad with me when things go wrong. I couldn’t ask for a better nursing team.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is wonderfully staffed, they work with my crazy work schedule, always get my scripts ordered and also work with us financially. The only weakness that I have found is that I haven’t ever been told the grading of my embryos.
IUI’s - covered by insurance IVF - $9,500 Anesthesia - $500 Medications - Totalled about $3000 for one cycle
I trust what Dr. Orris has decided on both our multiple transfer and our single transfer.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Orris thinks outside the box. He doesn't want to load you up with medicine if he can avoid it by using what your body produces. He is creative with his approaches and even when we had failed cycles (which we did 5 times so far), he manages to give us a sense of optimism by clearly explaining his plan... 5 out of my 6 cycles he did Mini-stim protocol because my body was responding so well and I had excellent lining. I actually got pregnant on mini-stim cycle. On the 2nd cycle, after a failed cycle on mini-stim, he tried HRT but then switched me back to the mini-stim. I had a total of 4 hysteroscopies so he can make sure the embryos didn't take because there is an issue developing. He also did a scratch (3rd cycle) but that didn't help and it was a failed cycle. Only the 4th cycle took and I was pregnant for 16 weeks until I went into pre-term labor and lost my baby-girl.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris thinks outside the box. He doesn't want to load you up with medicine if he can avoid it by using what your body produces. He is creative with his approaches and even when we had failed cycles (which we did 5 times so far), he manages to give us a sense of optimism by clearly explaining his plan. He doesn't take unnecessary chances which is why he immediately recommended that we go with egg donor vs. mine. I believe that by suggesting that approach he saved us tens of thousands of dollars. I believe & trust in him 100%. He got me pregnant once and I know he can do it again.
Trust him and trust his experience and don't be afraid to ask questions. He always listens and patiently answers.
Dr. Orris truly cares. He cares about us, our story. He was excited with us when we graduate and devastated when we came back after a miscarriage at 16 weeks. He helped us with samples of medicine & even discounts on treatments. He has the biggest heart!
I honestly believe that MLF has the best nurses & support team around. The 3rd party coordinator team - an amazing team of women who will pretty much go out of their way to help you get what you need and simplify the process as much as they can. The monitoring team who is a group of the most compassionate, caring, generous women who take the time to get to know you, feel the pain with you and be excited with you. These women are the true heros...they are so organized and coordinate the schedule of meds and even help with free samples to help with the cost of treatment. I don't have enough words to describe them but they truly treat you like family and I love each & every one of them for that. I went through such a hell of a time and they have been so wonderful to me. Every time I was through the doors I get warm hugs and know that I am being taken care of.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The only weakness of the clinic is wait time which can be longer than usual at times. However, when you are the patient they are treating it is nice to know that neither Dr. Orris, the techs or nurses are rushing you through the consult or appointment and that you are getting their full attention.
The costs were all advised in advance and there were no surprises, which I like a lot. We paid $2100 per egg. Ended up getting 10 eggs and they charged us for 9. Transfer was $3500. Our last two cycles were embryo donation from their embryo donation bank. The cost is $6050 for embryo + transfer. The don't nickel & dime you...
We discussed only transferring a single embryo at the time because due to my age I am already a high-risk and Orris didn't want to make it even worse. Now, after I miscarried at 16 weeks, we know that it has to be a single embryo as clearly more than one is too much for my body to handle. He made a good call and we agreed with him completely.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Orris is very matter of fact, and there were a few times when I felt rushed. However, he always took the time to answer my questions and walk me through my options. When he could tell that I was stressed or worried, he would absolutely take the extra time with me...Dr. Orris is incredibly smart and sometimes explains things in very technical terms that may be over your head. Simply ask him to back up and explain - which he'll gladly do...Results of first IVF was negative and we are starting a second round in July - changing meds and protocol now that Dr. Orris knows that I have egg quality issues.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris is incredibly smart and I've always trusted the decisions he was making about my treatment plan. He is very nice, but also very matter of fact, so it was important that I ask questions and ask for things to be further explained if need be. He's made it clear that he is invested in the process with us and that he will do all he can to get us pregnant.
I would say this with any doctor, but educate yourself on infertility and be your own advocate. If you have questions, make sure you ask them. If you don't understand something, make sure it's explained to you. Dr. Orris is incredibly smart and sometimes explains things in very technical terms that may be over your head. Simply ask him to back up and explain - which he'll gladly do.
We started with Clomid + timed intercourse, then moved to Clomid + Letrozole + timed intercourse, then Clomid + Letrozole + IUIs. Although I produced good follicles and eggs, none of these methods worked. Unexplained infertility. For IVF, my protocol was Gonal F stims, then Cetrotide and Estrace. I retrieved 21 eggs, but only 4 fertilized. We transfered one embryo and none of the others made it to freeze. Results of first IVF was negative and we are starting a second round in July - changing meds and protocol now that Dr. Orris knows that I have egg quality issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
The nursing staff at MLF is absolutely incredible. They answered every one of my questions and always have a warm, positive and compassionate way about them. Every single phone call and in-person visit has been so pleasant and reassuring because of the AMAZING nurses at MLF.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF is a great clinic - top rated doctors, knowledgeable and friendly nurses and staff, clean space, associated with Bryn Mawr Hospital, etc. Typically I am seen within 20 minutes of my scheduled appointment time - I've only had to wait longer a few times, which I think is impressive. They work to make sure you can get in and out of the appointments (since often you're there a few times a week!).
We paid everything out of pocket, as our insurance does not cover infertility, so prices were $500 for IUI, $9,800 for IVF and $500 for anesthesia. I participated in a clinical study (another plus for going through MLF) which covered all of my meds.
Dr. Orris expressed to us that he likes to be as responsible as possible when it comes to his practice - and with my young age of 31, he recommended a single embryo transfer vs. multiple. Multiples are typically a more difficult, more high-risk pregnancy and as we don't have the clock working against us, he felt that we should only transfer one embryo (although he gave us the option to transfer more if we wanted to). We opted to only transfer one.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Orris was very knowledgeable. Although we did not have a successful pregnancy, he did all he could do. He did not push us to do think we could not afford. And was honest about our chances of getting pregnant at my age. When I had my 3 miscarriages, he prepared me for what would happen. But was not very sympathetic to our emotions.... I felt like it was a open/close door with him. He look at my file each time while we walked into his office. Gave us the plan and sent us on to the next patient.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask all the questions you have, don’t feel rushed. Trust him!
6 cycles of clomid. I would go in the first day of my cycle for an ultrasound and bloodwork. I would come back on day 12 (sometimes day 13 or 14) he would tell be when to have sex. For the IUi, same as the clomid, except I would go in for ultrasounds and bloodwork more often. Sometimes 3 days in a row. My husband was “on call” those days.
Nurses were with me every step away, through the good and bad. Hugs when I needed them. Hope was I was hopeless. Happy/Sad Tears with me. They are the best nurses.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Getting an early appointment is tough. Nurse’s are great and really get to know you. Receptionist try their best to get you the appointment time you want. Don’t expect to spend a lot of time with the doctors. Plan for a 2 hour visit, although sometimes they are quick
Over $5,000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Orris has made this journey so far, one of comfort and understanding. He always makes sure he has time for his patients. You can tell he loves what he does and that for him he isn’t satisfied until he makes your dreams a reality.... He always makes sure that you understand what he means. He will break it down so that you feel secure in his care 110% of the time.... I’ve only ever done treatments with clomid, femera, and one other medicine to help promote egg production.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Listen to what he had to say, It can be difficult to do all the tests and exams. He tries to make you as comfortable as possible, listen to him. He knows what he’s talking about.
I’ve only ever done treatments with clomid, femera, and one other medicine to help promote egg production. Our insurance coverage is very limited. We conceived on a cycle where we were having a natural cycle, unfortunately that ended in an early miscarriage. We are currently hoping that we will land a spot in one of the IVF clinical trials that are being offered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Margie)
Every nurse at Mainline fertility shows an overflowing amount of love. Margie lie always so pleasant and understanding. Every time I was in her care she made me feel so much better.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They are overflowing with strengths. They show compassion and love to every one of their patients. In my experience you never feel like a number, you are treated with understanding and they try the best to their ability to help in any way they can.
Paoli
Going into see Dr.Orris we knew that we had male factor. Not only was he professional, he made sure we understood everything! He also referred us to the best fertility urologist in the area and communicated with him to give us the best treatment possible... We attempted 3 of them with my husbands sperm and all were unsuccessful. I responded fine to the clomid and gonal. The male factor was just super sever and eventually we needed to cancel our last scheduled iui because my husband had zero sperm. We moved onto iui with donor, I did 100mg of clomid and had two beautiful follicles, the iui in my opinion was timed perfectly
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask questions if your unsure of anything! He is a very intelligent man and knows his stuff but will adjust to make you comfortable so make sure you ask about anything you don’t understand
Dr.Orris was always warm and inviting at every appointment. He didn’t just see me as another patient he had.
We did 4 Iui’s with dr. Orris. We attempted 3 of them with my husbands sperm and all were unsuccessful. I responded fine to the clomid and gonal. The male factor was just super sever and eventually we needed to cancel our last scheduled iui because my husband had zero sperm. We moved onto iui with donor, I did 100mg of clomid and had two beautiful follicles, the iui in my opinion was timed perfectly and I am now in my tww.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Allison )
Seeing Allison was like seeing a friend every time I went in. She was so easy to talk to and even at times cry to! I can honestly say if I am to get pregnant I will miss seeing her
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Everyone at every office is kind and patient! And let me tell you, they are a busy office! They get to know you very well and share a special bond with you! I can not say enough good things about all of them!
I think, this far we are about 3,000ish in.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I wish he [Dr. Orris] would have met with me more and spent a little more time with us. I mainly just saw the nurses who were great. He didn't talk much I had to initiate most conversations and ask all the questions. I had faith in his work from all the other great reviews and success stories he recieved.... We did a mock transfer and ERA because i asked for it. Dr Orris agreed it sounded like a good idea. I was on 1.5ml of progesterone in oil, 400mg progesterone vaginal suppositories, 2mg estradiol 4 times a day, 50mcg synthroid for my thyroid as well.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
I wish he would have met with me more and spent a little more time with us. I mainly just saw the nurses who were great. He didn't talk much I had to initiate most conversations and ask all the questions. I had faith in his work from all the other great reviews and success stories he recieved.
Ask lots of questions and don't rely that he will tell you on his own.
Took time to try to explain treatments
They were very thorough in explaining blood work results, medications, and procedures.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I love that there a several locations. However, not all locations seem to have the same quality of care. Bryn Mawr had the best nurses, but was also the busiest and the parking was less then ideal as you can expect to pay around $5 a visit just to park. There is no public parking you are forced to use the parking garage. When you go a couple times a week it really adds up.
Around 7 thousand for frozen transfer including medications.
After the other failed transfer and the poor quality of my embryos he agreed we should put 2 in.
2010 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Orris] knew a lot of the latest studies and had a lot of knowledge. He called me himself after two chemical pregnancies. He always had an option for continuing. He is he warmest but he knows his stuff and more has the attitude of Getting it done.... He is very matter of fact and wasn’t into being buddy-buddy but he was extremely knowledgeable.... One egg retrieval, 5 FETs, two chemical pregnancies, one daughter. After the first chemical he had me try a protocol for NK cells with infusions.
2010 - 2018
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He knew a lot of the latest studies and had a lot of knowledge. He called me himself after two chemical pregnancies. He always had an option for continuing. He is he warmest but he knows his stuff and more has the attitude of Getting it done.
Ask questions, advocate for yourself. They only give you answers to the questions you ask. Come in with a list of what you want to know.
They were always very friendly. Sometimes I felt like it was chaotic with a lot to keep straight.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Having multiple doctors means the scheduling is easier but that you may not always be with your doctor. Sometimes there is a long wait if you don’t get in first thing in the morning. They are really good at responding to emails and phone calls.
I think retrieval was around $25k and each FET was around $6-8k
Endometriosis, None
He [Dr. John Orris] was there to answer any questions. When my mother in law died and we missed an IUI he personally called us. He cares about his patients and knows that this is an emotional journey. He takes his time to walk you though concerns and gives you his best senerio...My husband and I both tested well. No issues. Lining was always good. And I always stimulated well. Always had good sperm quality. We were shocked IUI didn’t work. We have now moved on to IVF and we have done retrieval and waiting to see how many we can implant
Endometriosis, None
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He was there to answer any questions. When my mother in law died and we missed an IUI he personally called us. He cares about his patients and knows that this is an emotional journey. He takes his time to walk you though concerns and gives you his best senerio
Make sure to ask questions
Open honest and cared about us. Explained things and didn’t push us to do anything we were not ready for.
There could not be a better staff. So many have gotten me on this journey so they are very sympathetic to what you are going through
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Very good at calling back. Good communicator. But make sure to stay on top of your bill. They switched systems in the middle of us getting treated and it was a little Crazy to understand. They are good at scheduling when you need to be there and work around you work schedule
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He got me pregnant on my first round of IVF so I can't argue with the results! I saw all three doctors in the practice at one time or another. I felt that Dr. Orris was more optimistic about the possibility of getting me pregnant through IUI (which was unsuccessful). It was after seeing Dr. Glassner that I was encouraged to move right on to IVF if I wanted to be aggressive about getting pregnant. Dr. Orris sometimes says some funny things, like "You've got a monster follicle that's about ready to blow" and prescribed my husband and I to "knock the boots" on certain dates! But he clearly knows what he is doing.
Stick with it, it works and he knows what he is doing!
The doctor focused mainly on the medical side of things and my treatment plan. The nurses were there to provide more of the human touch and encouragement. The doctor did hug me when I got pregnant though!
I just feel that they are all really good at their jobs - lots of knowledge and experience combined with compassion and reassurance. All of my questions were answers and my calls were returned promptly.
West Chester
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
I spent more time with the nurses than with Dr. Orris. However, my interactions with him were always positive and I had complete confidence in him the first time I met him. Don't dismiss the PGD [preimplantation genetic diagnosis] testing. This was the key to the success of my IVF. It was an investment but it ended up saving us money as we only did one transfer with a perfect embryo.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Don't dismiss the PGD testing. This was the key to the success of my IVF. It was an investment but it ended up saving us money as we only did one transfer with a perfect embryo.
The nurses at Main Line Fertility are amazing. They are true professionals and extremely compassionate. You know they are rooting for you.
They were patient and compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable.
2011 - 2013
[Dr. John Orris was] ppen, honest, knowledgeable, personable with patients. Cares about you and your goals. I am forever thankful for him and his help to get pregnant...Most of the staff [at Main Line Fertility] was amazing. There was one or two who I didn't care for. But as humans we can't like everyone...Expensive above what insurance covered. But John worked with me
2011 - 2013
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Open, honest, knowledgeable, personable with patients. Cares about you and your goals. I am forever thankful for him and his help to get pregnant
Always be open and honest about your intentions and goals
Personable, honest, straight forward. Cares about your end Goal, empathetic, positive overall great guy
Standard peocedures as explained
Most of the staff was amazing. There was one or two who I didn't care for. But as humans we can't like everyone
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Work with you for payment terms, easy to talk to on the phone, fairly quick appointments usually. Give back if donations are given
Expensive above what insurance covered. But John worked with me