Medical SchoolU. of Georgia
ResidencyEmory
FellowshipEmory
2601 Lake Dr
Raleigh, NC 27607
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Park to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolina Conceptions to a friend?
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. John Park] just seems to get it and understand all the emotions involved with such a hard diagnosis. He truly will do anything to help you get to the ultimate goal of having a baby...He is quick to listen and hear out your concern...He called us from his personal phone the day we got the call saying our embryo didn’t make it and we weren’t pregnant. He stood by us and gave us options when we were ready to try again. He was very patient and explained each option thoroughly. He didn’t take any of it lightly.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
We love Dr. Park. He is quick to listen and hear out your concern. He treats you like a human and not just a vagina. I can literally not say enough good things about him. He has seen us through thick and thin. Through smiles and excicwment to heartbreak and tears. He called us from his personal phone the day we got the call saying our embryo didn’t make it and we weren’t pregnant. He stood by us and gave us options when we were ready to try again. He was very patient and explained each option thoroughly. He didn’t take any of it lightly. He just seems to get it and understand all the emotions involved with such a hard diagnosis. He truly will do anything to help you get to the ultimate goal of having a baby. We are in the final couple of weeks before transferring our egg donor embryo, so I will definitely update that experience as well!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open. Tell him your concerns... don’t hold back. Relax. You’re in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Working in health care I am extremely picky when it comes to how I treat patients and in turn how I am treated as a patient. Bedside manner is extremely important. Dr. Park won my husband over the second we walked in the door(he’s not a huge fan of guy doctors when it comes to female issues)... but from the second we walked in... a good firm hand shake and seeing pictures of football and other interests they had in common, everything just seemed to click. Dr. Park heard our every concern, gently explained all our options... always has and still it very supportive. I have recommended numerous friends to him. Working night shift, I always seem to have questions late night and will email him. He responds right away even at 11pm. Dr. Park did my surgery to remove my tubes. Of course, we were very hesistant but after he explained why this would be the better option, it was a no brainer. And after the surgery and hearing the report, I was so thankful we went through with it. I had no idea how sick my tubes truly were. When our first round of IVF failed, he was so incredibly sympathetic and supportive. A year later when we knew egg donor was our only option, he was very supportive of our decision with this and was excited when I showed him who I wanted off the list! He has stood by us thick and thin and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is the absolute best. He listens. He truly cares. And although he knows his stuff and is extremely thorough.... the listening and caring part come first because if I don’t feel heard, I cannot trust you to take care of me.
Describe the protocols John Park used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
We realized my tubes were blocked pretty much instantly. My appendix burst when I was a kid and I had gangrene. It completely destroyed by tubes and ovaries(we didn’t know my ovaries had taken a hit until after retrieval). We stimulated my ovaries with menopur and gonal-f. I had checks every couple of days. We retrieved and when I was noticed thede
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Everyone has been excellent both last time and this current time! All have been very supportive and amazing... and patient... sooooo patient
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We went to a place prior to this and got lots of medical field insight on other places... I would recommend CC a million times over... they have become family. They excel in every area. I am so thankful we chose to go with them and for the people that highly recommended them to us!
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Park at Carolina Conceptions.
The first round of IVF with no insurance help was probably close to 15K... this time around with egg donor and insurance I would say it will be closer to 14K with meds
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr Park was very patient with me as I asked all of my questions. He made me feel more comfortable with the whole process from the moment we shook hands. He was very punctual in his responses and even called me one night to check on me after a particularly taxing day.... The first step for us was to be on birth control for at least two weeks. We went in for the shot class and we were able to start our cycle of the three days later. It started with Menopur and Gonal shots.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I can’t say enough great things about Dr Park. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate, and has been wonderful to work with. He has made this tough situation a lot more pleasant. He went out of his way to make my husband and I more comfortable with everything going on and make sure that we knew all the steps that we were fixing to take.
Don’t hesitate to ask all your questions.
Dr Park was very patient with me as I asked all of my questions. He made me feel more comfortable with the whole process from the moment we shook hands. He was very punctual in his responses and even called me one night to check on me after a particularly taxing day. He has made this whole experience less stressful and I am thankful to have him as my doctor.
The first step for us was to be on birth control for at least two weeks. We went in for the shot class and we were able to start our cycle of the three days later. It started with Menopur and Gonal shots. I went in for maintenance appointments that included lab work and ultrasounds. We had to adjust my Gonal dosage because my follicles were not progressing the way that they wanted them to. After increasing my dosage my follicles looked great. Unfortunately, my progesterone level was too high at that point so my cycle was canceled after the egg retrieval. I am currently in the frozen embryo transfer cycle and will hopefully have the transfer in the next couple of days.
They were all extremely nice and were very helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. I am very thankful to be going through this process with Dr Park and the staff at Carolina Conceptions. They were very knowledgeable, compassionate, helpful, and patient when I asked my many questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Carolina Conceptions.
I don’t live in the Raleigh area and have to commute for the “big appointments “. I did my monitoring visits at my local OBGYN. Carolina Conceptions did an awesome job working with my local OBGYN.
The IVF cost was broken down into monitoring visits, baseline ultrasound, monitoring fees (especially if you’re using your local OBGYN instead), medications, etc.
Describe John Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
Dr Park strongly suggests only transferring 1 embryo. His reasoning is due to the major risks associated with multiples. He also stated that if a woman has health issues, above the age of 35, and/or failed IVF cycles they will transfer more than 1 embryo.
Raleigh
When I went to Dr Park I was at ease. He not only set a plan in place for us but also took the time to explain every test and every single result from the last 2 yrs. He was so kind and caring he didn’t rush he actually cares and I could tell.... I was very nervous mostly because of my age when I went for my appt. Dr. Park got that and put me at ease.... We put a plan in place depending on results we received with my blood work. He was very factual but caring at the same time.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I was very nervous mostly because of my age when I went for my appt. Dr. Park got that and put me at ease. He didn’t sugar coat anything explained every single test to me as well as those we have had the last 2 yrs including my results. We put a plan in place depending on results we received with my blood work. He was very factual but caring at the same time. Even though I am a nurse I am not an expert in this area and he explained it so I truly got it! All the confusion I have had in the last 2 yrs was gone after my appointment with him.
Ask him anything you will never be a number with Dr. Park. He does not present with the I am a Dr complex he will tell you the truth absolutely.
I previously had been going to another infertility office and they made me feel like a number there. When I went to Dr Park I was at ease. He not only set a plan in place for us but also took the time to explain every test and every single result from the last 2 yrs. He was so kind and caring he didn’t rush he actually cares and I could tell.
We began with reviewing my past tests and my spouses also. He fully explained all the results to me so I got it fully. Then we put a plan in place. Thankfully my AMH has some how gone up so now we will be doing an HSG to make sure I have patent tubes. If this is all ok then we will do injections with IUI. He told me about clomid and that we will not be using that and why. If tubes are blocked bilaterally only option will be IVF. I am fully aware of all angles and realize that if this is the case a baby will most likely not happen as we can not afford it. I did not leave with a false sense of hope just 100% knowledge which honestly was refreshing for myself and my husband.
From the front desk to the nurse the kindness and compassion was from when I walked in the door. They knew I was scared and nervous and they completely eased that.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have been to another clinic which was cold and very business like. Carolina Conceptions is nothing like that. From the minute you walk in they greet you with a smile offer you a drink and snack if you would like and ease your worries. The kindness was so nice. This is a scary time and to be treated with compassion and even hugs was so helpful to me.
My insurance paid for the first visit and lab work I just had a copay. They gave me a very detailed break down of possible up coming costs and would attempt to have insurance pay for anything they could. They allow payments also for some things and are reasonable also.
None as we have not discussed this
Raleigh
Dr. Park always reviews my chart prior to seeing him so during our conversations he is completely current with what is happening and does not need to reference his notes while talking to me.... I have been very impressed with the encounters I have had with Dr. Park. He was the second reproductive endocrinologist we met with. Immediately he surprised me with how blunt he was with statistics and information.... The blunt delivery of information was new to me, but I realized that I really need information put like that in order to make the best treatment decisions.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I have been very impressed with the encounters I have had with Dr. Park. He was the second reproductive endocrinologist we met with. Immediately he surprised me with how blunt he was with statistics and information. I was stunned when I found out the statistics of success for previous cycles and treatments we had done with another doctor. The blunt delivery of information was new to me, but I realized that I really need information put like that in order to make the best treatment decisions. My husband and I are about to start IVF and we would've never been able to make this decision with ease without knowing the straight forward facts and statistics that Dr. Park provided.
I would recommend going to each appointment with a list of specific questions and a pen and paper. He gives such detailed answers and it is easy to think you will remember all this information later, but it is nearly impossible. I took notes with all of my conversations with him and it helped a lot. I always felt very informed and capable of making a good treatment decision after speaking with him.
Dr. Park always reviews my chart prior to seeing him so during our conversations he is completely current with what is happening and does not need to reference his notes while talking to me. Anytime I have emailed him with questions he calls me back instead of emails and offers detailed answers. He has never made me feel like there was a stupid question to ask.
I am about to start IVF treatment with Dr. Park, so I can't yet speak on that protocol. However, I did complete an IUI treatment with him. I was on Letrozole for 5 days, days 3-7, and had a total of 2 ultrasounds. One was a baseline ultrasound and the other was on day 12. I was then told to inject with Ovidrel on day 14 and went in for the IUI on day 16. Unfortunately this was an unsuccessful procedure, but I was prepared for this news because Dr. Park had told us the chance of success was only 10%.
I have not had much experience as of yet with the nursing staff. I think I will have a lot of time to get to know them during the IVF process. For the IUI procedure, I think it was a medical assistant that assisted the doctor.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think this is a very welcoming clinic. The office manager is great at what she does and is so upbeat you can't help but feel good things will happen. Going through this process is very uncomfortable, but I do think the staff understands that and does what they can to put you at ease.
I think the cost of the IUI was around $800 including all fees. This was including remote monitoring fee, the procedure itself, and medication. We have been quoted around $10,000 for IVF plus the separate cost of medications. This is included a $2000 discount for being a registered nurse.
I know for our situation, unexplained infertility, Dr. Park is firm on transferring one embryo. He may be open to transferring multiple embryos if we pushed for it, but we have not done so as we do not want the additional risks.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park is compassionate and caring. He is everything we ever wanted in a fertility doctor to help us along this journey. His bed side manner is outstanding and he made adjustments to our plan of care as needed, with full descriptions and knowledge provided before moving forward. On a Tuesday this past January, our cycle consisted of very low dose Gonal F injections to create 2-3 eggs with a higher chance of IUI working. My body responded “too well” to the meds and during my scan, it was revealed that I had 10 resting follicles. Dr. Park was extremely empathetic and suggested cancelling the cycle, due to the high risk of multiples, however, also suggested converting to IVF. He mentioned that when a patient goes through injections for an egg retrieval, their goal is to have 10-15 eggs. My body had done just that with an extremely small dose of medicine. He explained how much we would also be saving, not having to spend the $4,000 to $8,000 on injections to create this number of eggs. For the short moment we were devastated to have a canceled cycle, we were enthralled at the opportunity of IVF. Within 18 hours of deciding which route to go, and collecting every penny we could scratch, we converted to IVF! Dr. Park was even surprised that we were so quick and spontaneous to go through with such a huge decision, though we had already contemplated this route for the future. My egg retrieval was scheduled for that Friday, and a 5 day fresh transfer was scheduled the following Wednesday. Dr. Grace Couchman conducted the egg retrieval and transfer and she was so wonderful and sweet! Just 9 days later, we had our first beta test revealing the number 240! And just 3 days later, another beta at 793! We could not believe it! We had our first ultrasound on February 27 where we saw the heartbeat of our miracle baby, who was measuring 2 days ahead! We were 6 weeks, 6 days at the time. Today, March 9, we have our second OB appointment with Dr. Park at 8 weeks, 2 days. He mentioned the possibility to be “discharged” from their care and to stop all mediciations including progesterone injections if everything looks good! I cannot imagine going down this road with any other practice or physician. We have 4 frozen miracles that await for our future. Until then, our miracle baby inside continues to grow and be strong! We can’t ever repay Dr. Park and his team for what they have given us; everything we could ever want in this crazy, beautiful life...a child from above and a family!!
Look no further. This is your practice and physician. You will be highly pleased and satisfied with the A+ care you will receive!
This practice exceeded our expectations. Our time has always been valued, we have never felt rushed or left with questions following an appointment. These physicians truly care about their patients and their desire to start a family.
September 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. October 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. November 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. December 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and IUI (54 million swimmers). Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. January 2018- letrozole days 3-7, golal f 150 days 7, 8, 9, scan showed no activity continued for days 10, 11, 12, scan showed too many eggs, took cetritide to stall ovulation and another dose of gonal f 150 (this being day 13). Day 14 nothing. Day 15 egg retrieval. Day 20: 5 day embryo transfer. POSITIVE PREGNANCY TESTS 6 days after transfer, beta tests on day 9: 240 and day 12: 793!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terri Hunter)
All the nursing staff exceeded my expectations, especially Mrs. Hunter. She is phenomenal. I can’t say enough good things about her. She will drop whatever she is doing to make a phone call to you when you have questions that seem immediate to you.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic works with you no matter your schedule. They are understanding, compassionate and patient. They become like family to you and can recall your face and name at every visit. They become very involved in your care (your excitement, your disappointment, your concerns overall) and make you feel like you’re not alone. They tell you how much they’ve been thinking of you, lift you up at times you feel discouraged and make you feel there’s no better place to be. These men and women truly love their professions and give 110% to their patients at all costs. They never make you feel uncertain, confused, left without answers or questioning your care. They truly work around your schedule to best meet your needs and are extremely flexibile.
This clinic provides ultrasound monitoring appointments between 7:30AM and 11:30AM. However, they have an exception for teachers and a few other professions where it may be more difficult to take off the morning from work. Their consultations are in the afternoon until 4:00PM, but every ultrasound I have had has been in the afternoon. They have worked around my schedule for EVERY appointment I have ever had and I am forever thankful and blessed!
IUI was $480 Ultrasounds out of pocket were $250 The actual IVF cost from the clinic was $10,215
Carolina Conceptions wants to reduce the risk of multiples, especially in my case where I had a high possibility of 1 embryo taking. I believe if you’re over the age of 30, they will transfer up to 2 embryos, as your chances of success decrease with age.
Raleigh
Dr. Park takes his time to answer questions and has a good bed side manner. He is kind and patient, but it is easier to connect with him over the phone than over email. He is upfront about his expectations and while he has a nice way of delivering bad news.... After my 2 week wait, I had a negative pregnancy test and a lot of questions. He didn't respond to my email for over a week. I was in a really vulnerable place and felt let down and neglected when he didn't return my message in a timely manner.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure that you are responding to emails. After my 2 week wait, I had a negative pregnancy test and a lot of questions. He didn't respond to my email for over a week. I was in a really vulnerable place and felt let down and neglected when he didn't return my message in a timely manner.
Dr. Park takes his time when he meets with his patients 1-on-1 and during a procedure, but the monitoring visits were very rushed and I often felt like I was being pushed out the door.
We used Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. Given my age and DOR, Dr. Park was flexible with the course of action; if I had more than 4 follicles grow, we would proceed with IVF, less than 4, we would do an IUI. I only had 1 follicle grow, so we went ahead with an IUI.
I did not find the nurses to be very helpful or compassionate at my monitoring visits. I often felt rushed and instead of talking to me in the patient rooms, they would hurriedly spew all sorts of medical information at me in the hallway on my pay to check out thereby leaving me no time to write anything down and violating all sorts of HIPPA laws about patient privacy. They were very cavalier about the whole process.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is bright and clean, with a large waiting area and easy parking - most days. Monitoring appointments will make your head spin with how fast you are pushed though the system, but I waited almost 2 hours the day of my IUI. Dr. Park sets up realistic plans for patients, but sometimes he is hard to reach for follow-up questions. Some of the front desk staff are rude and impersonal, while others will bend over backwards to help you out.
$250-300 self-pay for monitoring visit for IUI.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
I felt like he [Dr. Park] adjusted his language according to my understanding and research. He was blunt but delicate enough. He didn’t seem to remember details that I would have expected another primary doctor to remember, so in that sense more of a “number”. He was very encouraging that we would have success, and we did. However, we had success without going the route he thought we would need to go.
2014 - 2017
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
As mentioned, he was thorough and used language that I understood. He was encouraging, but not in a way that I felt was sugarcoating. He was prompt with responding to calls and emails outside of our appointments, and agreed to do my IUI with very little notice when I had a last minute change in plans. Literally emailed the night before. We had success on the first try, which probably skews my experience, but I would recommend him for sure.
I’m not sure how thorough he would be if you didn’t come in with questions and had done some research, so, do that. Come prepared.
I felt like he adjusted his language according to my understanding and research. He was blunt but delicate enough. He didn’t seem to remember details that I would have expected another primary doctor to remember, so in that sense more of a “number”. He was very encouraging that we would have success, and we did. However, we had success without going the route he thought we would need to go. Mostly I just felt comfortable there, and that was important.
With my first few visits, it was due to unexplained miscarriages. We did several tests and work ups, but found nothing, and I ended up getting pregnant with a successful love birth before we tried what he suggested (ivf with pgd). The second time we went, we were going due to low sperm counts post chemotherapy for my husband. We had banked sperm pre-chemo. He was relatively sure we would need to do IVF, but last minute we decided to do an IUI with a trigger shot only, and that was successful and led to a live birth.
I primarily only worked with the front office staff and the lab, but they were all so friendly, prompt, empathetic, and compassionate. This was the main reason I loved this clinic. I felt so comfortable for every visit.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I never had trouble getting in for appointments. One appointment, the most important one (IUI day), I had to wait a long time and I was livid! I felt like we missed the opportunity. However, it worked, so... All other times I never waited. Their billing department was easy to reach and prompt with getting information on cost. I think this clinic has a high price tag but in my opinion worth it.
Insurance covered nearly all costs.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very detailed in all that I would experience and expect. He was understanding to the emotions that come with this process. He provided a lot of clinical research and information to help us understand what to expect. I was always very comfortable with him and the other Doctors since they all communicate well with each other. He was excellent to work with. I have referred everyone I know to him since I am comfortable they will have a positive experience.
I would say he is very honest and realistic. While he presents his honest outcome, he stays positive in his delivery of the process. He is very soft spoken and genuine.
He was very understanding and gave us options to feel like there was always hope. That matters to help you push forward through this very emotional process.
2015 Protocol - IVF Antagon/Menopur This cycle produced 5 eggs at my retrieval and two embryos that were transferred at day 5 of a fresh transfer. One of the embryos did transfer and I did receive a positive pregnancy test. I went forward and had a pregnancy free of any complications and at 32 weeks we discovered no heartbeat with our baby girl. This was extremely heart breaking and we still do not know the reason behind our loss. In 2017, we pulled together enough strength to try again. We met with Dr. Park and began a new cycle. This cycle was Luteal Testosterone & GH Flare BIV IVF. This cycle produced 5 eggs at the retrieval and 4 went on to be frozen. We transferred 2-day 5 embryos and they did not take. After a few weeks, we went forward to transfer 2 frozen embryos and one of the embryos took! We moved forward and had a few complications in the pregnancy. I was considered a high risk pregnancy and I was monitored very closely with Duke. August 2017, we welcomed a healthy baby girl to this world.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry Hunter )
I worked with Terry Hunter with both cycles. She was AMAZING! I could not have asked for a better nurse. During my 2016 cycle, I had a few nurses and medical assistants that I was not as comfortable with. When I came in for ultrasounds they were not familiar with my situation and did not always communicate well.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Overall, I would describe Carolina Conceptions as great! They are very personable and provide you with the most current research. I would just explain to any new patient to go into this process with a level head and realize the reality that you might or might not receive a positive outcome. You have to bring your most positive self into the situation and Carolina Conceptions will do the rest. I truly believe they want to see success as much as you!
We are an active duty military family, so therefore we have Tricare insurance. Unfortunately, Tricare does not cover any financial reasonability for IVF cycles or monitoring. We did have to pay everything our of pocket.
I have all positive comments with their approach. They always encouraged me to transfer 2 embryos at a time. They always provided the research and behind all their suggestions which always made me feel comfortable. This approach made me understand the reality of every procedure we had.
Raleigh
I saw Dr. Park to have an HSG done. I was very anxious about the appointment and scared about what the test would show. Also, the procedure itself is awkward. Dr. Park put me at ease though, talked me through the procedure step-by-step before beginning and then talked me through it while he was doing the procedure. I could see the images immediately, and he did a fantastic job of explaining what I was seeing.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park is very good at what he does. He has an excellent bedside manner and will absolutely put you at ease no matter how uncomfortable or anxious you are. He explains what is happening every step of the way and will take the time to answer any and all questions you have.
Ask any and all questions that you have. Even if the question does not directly relate to the reason for your visit, he will take the time to give you advice and information about whatever it is that you are curious about.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions is amazing. My husband and I have been trying to have a child for over a year and have had one miscarriage. My obstetrician referred me to them and the doctors there were about the diagnose me and start me on the appropriate treatment immediately. They are also extremely flexible with appointments. I once slept through my alarm and missed an appointment for an ultrasound. Carolina Conceptions had no problem with it and was able to see me as a walk-in immediately.
My insurance covered my visits. However, I do know that the clinic offers substantial discounts for those who do not have insurance.
Raleigh
He [Dr. John Park] gave us time to try the "cheaper" methods such as timed-intercourse and IUI before he recommended moving to IVF. Even after I was ready to give up on IVF, he encouraged us to move forward one more cycle - I am so thankful he encouraged that as it resulted in getting pregnant! He knew what to look for with all of my levels and he guided us to make the right decision each time (my husband and I did PGS testing the first time but Dr. Park recommended we skip it and do a fresh cycle transfer the 2nd time b/c my body was "ready") and again, he was right
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was always very open and honest with my husband and I. He gave us time to try the "cheaper" methods such as timed-intercourse and IUI before he recommended moving to IVF. Even after I was ready to give up on IVF, he encouraged us to move forward one more cycle - I am so thankful he encouraged that as it resulted in getting pregnant! He knew what to look for with all of my levels and he guided us to make the right decision each time (my husband and I did PGS testing the first time but Dr. Park recommended we skip it and do a fresh cycle transfer the 2nd time b/c my body was "ready") and again, he was right! There was never an email sent to him that did not get a reply back or a return phone call from him directly within the same day - and when he responded, it was with details, not just a hurry up and answer your question type mentality.
Be ready for a lot of information! It's Dr. Park's job to give you all the options and to give you both positives and negatives with each option - it's a lot to think about but never once did I feel pressured to decide quickly. Also, after being given so much information, my husband and I would leave with our brains going so many different directions...then we would think of the thousand questions we meant to ask - so write down your questions and when something pops up during the visits, ask right then!
During the fertility journey, you spend a lot of time with the doctor(s) and/or nurses/staff at the Clinic. Every single time I was in the office, everyone knew my name without looking at a chart and every time I called with any questions, I never had to go back thru my history to get the person caught up on my situation - they knew exactly what I was going thru at that moment and they made me feel like getting pregnant was all that mattered to them. The level of professionalism never wavered, but it was more of a personal connection with each person there than I have ever experienced in the medical field.
After my first IVF cycle, I was discouraged and completely ready to settle for using donor eggs. I was a low follicle producer (the most I have had in any treatment was 4) but after we met with Dr. Park (who was genuinely upset for us when I got my negative test), he encouraged us to try again - he said he "knew we would get pregnant with my eggs, but it may take a few extra tries" - he was right and I am so glad we listened!
During the fertility treatments, there are so many appt's and for a lot of them, the doctor is not needed so you get to know the nurses very well. They were all educated on each step of the process and each one made you feel like you were the only thing that mattered while they were with you.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
From the moment you walk into the waiting room, the staff at the desk does a great job of welcoming you and making you feel at home. The environment can be somewhat unnerving when you first start going there b/c of the "unknown" but they always make you feel at home. After seeing the doctor for several years, the staff acts just as vested as the doctors at seeing success - they are just as happy for you when you get a good report and just as upset as you when you get bad/sad news.
As with any clinic, the cost of doing fertility treatments is not cheap! The clinic always did a great job of meeting with you to fully explain what payments were due when and to give you a breakdown of what it covered. My insurance did not cover any fertility treatments but Dr. Park worked w/ me to keep the expenses as low as possible since it was all out-of-pocket funding.
My husband and I are a little concerned about twins...not that it's a true issue, but we were only going for one right now. Dr. Park listened to our concerns and worked w/ those to ensure we did what was best during the two IVF transfers - also, he guided us thru the process of fresh vs frozen and one vs two embryos (gave us all the information and then gave us recommendation of what he thought we should do but we never felt forced to go that route)
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. John Park] Strengths- Very compassionate, and willing to work with you. He works around your schedule and takes everything into consideration--your job, your stress level, your schedule, and financial options. He doesn't give you unrealistic expectations, rather is straight forward with what you are up against...he always schedules appointments to "discuss" before he prescribes anything and wants you to always be aware of the plan. He throughly discussed IVF protocol and we discussed many options and all came to an agreement. I felt he really took the time to look at my records and my situation and gave his most honest advice.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Strengths- Very compassionate, and willing to work with you. He works around your schedule and takes everything into consideration--your job, your stress level, your schedule, and financial options. He doesn't give you unrealistic expectations, rather is straight forward with what you are up against. Still, even when things were bad and I didn't get the results I wanted, he encouraged me not to give up. I was also told by my acupuncturist he is one of the best surgeons around, so that is a plus! Weaknesses- It is hard to reach him by phone (but, he is a doctor so he is of course busy!) and sometimes takes a day or two to respond to email.
Be straight forward with him and don't be afraid to ask questions. He is a great doctor and will take care of you.
Dr. Park is very kind and compassionate. He doesn't treat you like a number--he always schedules appointments to "discuss" before he prescribes anything and wants you to always be aware of the plan. He throughly discussed IVF protocol and we discussed many options and all came to an agreement. I felt he really took the time to look at my records and my situation and gave his most honest advice.
We tried 2 Super-Ovulation cycles with injections and timed intercourse. We did this because my insurance covered it. When it failed, we decided to move on to IVF because teachers get a summer discount and we had been trying for so long and spent a lot of money. We all sat down and discussed and decided this would be the best option. When this did not work, he respected our wishes to take a break and save for the next round. He met with me and explained what went wrong and encouraged us not to give up. He also did a laproscopy surgery to make sure one of my tubes were not blocked--he thought this would be helpful since we were going to try to conceive naturally for a while. Here is where we found endometriosis which we were not aware was there before. We just saw him again last week to start a new discussion of the next steps. He wanted to do more testing to see where my levels are and start a new plan.
The nursing staff is really great---one of them sometimes seems annoyed when making phone calls. The rest are super friendly and always available by phone.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk staff is INCREDIBLE. They are so nice and make you feel at home, like they genuinely care about you. They call me by my first name and are so helpful when it comes to appointments and records. I can't say enough nice things about them. The nurses are also wonderful and the lab team. Highly recommend!
Super Ovulation Cycles= around $400 (this was covered by insurance) IVF Cycle= $13,000 (Summer Teacher Discount)
Dr. Park would not let me implant more than two embryos. He is on top of things and only cares about having a successfully, healthy pregnancy and baby.
Raleigh
Dr. Park was calming and optimistic while gathering details about our situation. He called us directly after we had not been in for an office visit for several weeks, taking a genuine interest in our situation from the beginning. When results came back undesirable he was frank, but empathetic, in laying out the next options available and a path forward.... . Dr. Park was very helpful in navigating test results and data pertaining to your situation and options.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was knowledgeable and optimistic in his approach, often questioning and seemingly perplexed by many of the choices made by our previous clinic. We left our initial consultation with a feeling of hope that we had begun to lose from our time with our previous care provider. Dr. Park provided us with a plan of action and, after our initial results were less than desired, calmly moved us forward with our available options offering counseling and support along the way.
Come prepared with your list of questions and remain open to your possibilities. Dr. Park was very helpful in navigating test results and data pertaining to your situation and options.
Dr. Park recommended injectable hormones to stimulate egg production. Since we were recently pregnant through natural means the theory was to increase egg production in hopes of gathering a few eggs of higher quality. The injectables had little to no effect and, unfortunately, forced us to move on to alternative plans of treatment which we are engaged in currently.
The nurses were capable and completed their tasks as expected.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is well kept, with a smooth check in and check out process.
$70 - $80 Insurance co-pays for office visits. $1065 Injectable cycle medications. $31 nurse monitoring visits.
Dr. Park was very clear that his preference and standard procedure was single embryo transfer due to his views on the success rate with healthy embryos and the likelihood of twins with multiple embryos and the possible complications that accompany that scenario.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
My experience with Dr. Park could not have been any better as far as doctor-patient relationship. Dr. Park was very easy to talk and such a great listener. When my husband and I decided to try IVF, Dr. Park's schedule was booked for two months out. I called his office to see about them working me in and the secretary was adamant that Dr. Park just could not squeeze me in for two more months. Due to my AMH level dropping rapidly, I emailed Dr. Park and told him what my husband and I were wanting to do and he remembered my situation. He immediately called me upon receiving me email and had the front desk staff work me in that week and were able to begin the IVF process right away! Unfortunately, that particular cycle was unsuccessful, so Dr. Park discussed at length as to what was the medical reason for not achieving success and then explained other options, as well as stated he was willing for us to try IVF again as long as there was no financial burden. He believes there is still a mature egg left in me, we just have to find it. I told him I still had plenty of medicines left over except for 600 IUs of Follistim and Ovidrel. I also told him I had 8 vials of Ganarelix which we were not needing for IVF and he offered to swap the meds out for me with what he had in the clinic, so I didn't have to spend an additional $2000 out of pocket! I mean how many doctors would do that! He also got me scheduled again right away, so no time was wasted. Dr. Park has really gone above and beyond in helping my husband and I try to conceive one more time. I love Dr. Park and I have recommended him three times since I began this process. He is the true example of a caring physician who not only takes the time to listen to my needs and expectations, but he explain every step of the process before hand and as you are going through each step or phase. He will change his schedule on a moment's notice to accommodate your schedule and he helps save you money by exchanging meds with his patients when there is a financial burden and insurance does not help! I cannot say enough about the kindness and compassion of Dr. Park and how he truly makes me feel like a patient he cares for and wants me to have success and happiness. He never makes me feel rushed (our appointed times have ran over several times and he never rushes me out of his office to see his next patient) and he so patiently and politely listens to me with a strong ear. He does not treat his patients as numbers, he cares about them as people! Dr. Park is not only a very compassionate doctor, he is a true friend who offers every avenue known in the fertility world to his patients and "holds your hand" along the way. Unfortunately, in today's society, you don't find doctors with Dr. Park's demeanor and bedside manner as much. He is a rare find and a true gem! Thank you so much Dr. Park for being my doctor!
I would recommend a patient be open and honest with Dr. Park from the financial burden to your expectations and really listen to what he has to say. He is so knowledgeable about every aspect of fertility and he will give you all the time you need to ask questions, make comments, and really explore all of your options. He is absolutely phenomenal and I think it would be hard to find anyone better!
Dr. Park was very personable with me and explained every step and factor in great detail. He was kind and considerate when discussing all of the procedures and processes with me and thoroughly answered all of my questions. I could not have been happier or more grateful with his bedside manner. He was also very honest with me and we both believe I still have a good egg remaining, it is just a matter of how many cycles does it take to find the good egg. Dr. Park's protocol recommendation was the most successful yet as far as egg production and retrieval. I highly recommend the expertise Dr. Park offers to any patient experiencing any fertility issues because he is not only highly knowledgeable, but has an exceptional demeanor when it comes to patient relations. He is so kind and considerate and explains the costs and procedures very thoroughly. Dr. Park comes highly recommended. He is simply awesome!
Dr. Park used an aggressive strategy on me due to my age and my AMH level dropping from 1.1 to 0.5 in a year. He ended up going with the Flare protocol to hopefully retrieve 5 to 8 eggs and it worked! He put me on birth control for 14 days once I got my period and then I began a testosterone patch for 5 days. I then started Lupron (morning and night) and HGH (night time only) for 12 days. The next day I started Menopur and Follistim both in the morning and night. I did this the first IVF cycle for 10 days and then Ovidrel on the night of the 10th day and then had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. The second cycle of IVF was exactly like the aforementioned regimen except we decided to go 12 day and then do the retrieval in hopes of giving my eggs more time to mature. Dr. Park wanted to be as aggressive as possible again because of my age and AMH levels. The first cycle produced 12 follicles and 12 eggs. Of the 12, 6 eggs were mature and all 6 fertilized. None of the embryos made it to day 5. The next cycle produced 12 follicles with only 10 eggs to retrieve and of those 10, 7 were mature and 6 fertilized. Again, none of the 6 embryos made it to day 5. Dr. Park stated if I choose to do IVF again, he will use the same aggressive protocol since I had such a good response as far as the number of eggs that were retrieved. He was very excited and shocked that we were able to retrieve that many eggs in each cycle due to age and AMH level. He did say that he has not seen such a good response in women a few years younger than me using the same protocol, so we were both happy with the results. My eggs were just bad eggs. That's why if I could try once more (with your generous monetary gift) to see if I can finally find that good egg, I would be so appreciative. I know the good Lord is going to answer our prayers and bless us one more time with a healthy and happy little one.
The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is phenomenal. They walk and talk you through each phase and are always welcoming phone calls or emails. They always ask about your day, always smile, and always make you feel like they are rooting for success with our fertility endeavors. They also go the extra mile to answer any questions I may have and they are not afraid to step away if need be and get the doctor. They have all called me back expeditiously and always leave me feeling like they are cheering me and my eggs on. I could not be happier with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The strengths of Carolina Conceptions is the front desk staff always greet you with a smile, good morning or hello. They got to know me so well that I actually received hugs from them. They always answered the phones, but sometimes you were put on hold. They had been getting pretty full with appointments and were getting backed up about 2 months, but they have rectified that with hiring a fourth doctor. One weakness I have to admit was with the finance department. They do not present you with all of the options available (discounted rates for law enforcement, split financing with another couple if using egg donor, etc.). You do have to find out by asking yourself or by another patient to know what they completely offer. However, they do allow third party financing which is a plus. Overall, Carolina Conceptions would get an A - for a clinic rating.
I have BCBS and they do not cover any medications or procedures with Assisted Reproductive Technology. I was able to bank some of my medications when they were covered when we were doing timed intercourse, so that offset a lot of the cost. Carolina Conceptions offers a discount for law enforcement/firefighter personnel which is a big help, so I received a reduced rate from $10K to $7500K for the entire IVF procedure. The only additional out of pocket expense was the ultrasounds which where $300 each and you did 3 to 4 each cycle. They also offered financial assistance via CapEx, a fertility finance company who offers low interest loans for IVF.
Dr. Park had informed me that we could put up to 4 embryos in me if they made it to day 5, but if we had embryos that really stood out compared to others, then he would stick with only two, but he said up to four was definitely an option. He also explained to my why (again all due to my age and egg quality) we would take such an approach. He always mentioned the success rate and probability of each process and why the rates were at the number they were. He is such a cool doctor with a subtle attitude that is so easy to talk too and he listens and explains everything so thoroughly.
Raleigh
...At this meeting I was very touched when he took a minute to connect with me, pointing out that I must be very frustrated that we hadn't yet had success, even though our numbers were fantastic! He was always very respectful of our financial constraints when we were devising our fertility plans. I would definitely recommend Dr. Park to anyone who is considering seeing a fertility specialist...Dr. Park always took the time to consider our questions and concerns. He was thorough in his explanations and in laying out our options. He thought of our situation from our point of view and was very supportive when we faced negative pregnancy tests.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
John Park is an excellent doctor! He is very knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions. When we had finished 3 cycles of medication with planned intercourse without luck, he emailed me in order to set up a time to meet again to discuss our next steps. At this meeting I was very touched when he took a minute to connect with me, pointing out that I must be very frustrated that we hadn't yet had success, even though our numbers were fantastic! He was always very respectful of our financial constraints when we were devising our fertility plans. I would definitely recommend Dr. Park to anyone who is considering seeing a fertility specialist.
Don't feel uncomfortable asking any questions. Dr. Park will be respectful and upfront with any questions or concerns you have!
To start we tried 3 cycles of medication with timed intercourse. The medications included Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, and progesterone suppositories. My body reacted very well to the medicine, producing 3-5 eggs each time. After 3 rounds of no success, we met with Dr. Park and decided to go the IUI route. He kept my medicine the same, as my body was appropriately reacting, and we just added the IUI in place of intercourse. The first round was unsuccessful but the second round worked!
The nursing staff was respectful and kind. I was especially fond of two of the nurses, however I never wrote down their names.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions is very thorough, professional, and kind to their patients. As a weakness I would point out that I noticed that lately my wait time is greater than it was when I first started my appointments in summer of 2016.
For the first 3 timed intercourse cycles insurance helped cover the costs. Therefore, the visits and medications were highly discounted. The 2 IUI cycles and medication was not covered by insurance, so we paid out of pocket for everything including office visits. Unfortunately, I do not have the exact costs available.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. John Park seemed knowledgeable and promising at first, however, we only had interactions with him for our initial consult, and when things weren't going as planned. Dr. Park focuses more on IUI/IVF treatments to achieve pregnancy rather than actually trying to figure out why infertility is happening. At one point, we were also attempting to pursue an IVF study, and we were told by all of the office staff that we qualified, but Dr. John Park told us we did not, which was extremely upsetting. He did seem genuinely sorry and frustrated with his staff when this happened to us, but ultimately there was nothing he would do.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't expect to necessarily find out why you may be having infertility issues, they will keep giving you medications and recommending options without looking into what the real issue may be. Also, do not expect to see Dr. Park on a regular basis. Once your plan is in place, you will only see him if there is a problem or if you go through a certain amount of cycles without success. This may be different for IVF, but any treatments attempted before IVF are not handled by Dr. Park.
The only time we saw Dr. Park was for initial consults or if something was wrong. They have a number of nurses or gestational specialists that handle your care after the initial meetings with Dr. Park. I never felt that they truly even knew my history, and that I continuously had to remind them of what we were doing.
I was initially put on oral medication (letrozole) and injections. The very first cycle of IUI had to be cancelled because I was over medicated, causing my ovaries to overproduce. We tried IUI for a number of other cycles until my insurance options were exhausted. After the first over medicated cycle, Dr. Park lowered my dosage of letrozole. Each time I had an IUI performed, I was very unsure of the gestational nurses ability to determine timing. This was due to them not being sure of themselves during internal ultrasound exams, and also having one that had an extremely hard time performing my IUI. I even had one nurse tell me she was new and that I probably knew more than her!!!!
They see way too many patients to properly keep track of an individual's care. Many of the nurses did not seem sure of themselves when doing internal ultrasounds to determine timing for IUI. I also had a nurse that had a hard time doing my IUI because she couldn't find my cervix. Towards the end of my treatments at Carolina Conceptions, there was even a new nurse that told me I probably knew more than her! One of the final straws, was when a nurse told us we qualified for an IVF study where we would pay significantly less for these procedures. We were invited to come in and speak with Dr. Park regarding the study. We took time off of work for the appointment, only to find out that we in fact did not meet Dr. Park's requirements. He was extremely frustrated that his nurses told us we did, and said they did not even have the authority to tell us that.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They may have high IVF success rates, but we were not ready to pursue that method until trying everything else possible. If you are looking to determine why you may be having infertility issues, this is probably not the place for you. Expect to have to really be on top of your care, because they have so many patients they can't seem to keep everyone straight. They need to slow down, and rethink their processes and procedures.
There were co-pay costs and significant costs for medications for IUI.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very honest and forthcoming with the information about our treatments. He did not let us get carried away or get our hopes up for no reason. He was straight to the point, but caring at the same time.
That if they want answers, he is the best doctor to see. They will get their results and they will know what treatments/options are best for them.
Dr. Park was always so kind to return my emails and/or phone calls, instead of letting a nurse or assistant do it. He was very informative of all of the options and results.
We did 3 types of cycles with Dr. Park. Ovarian stimulation with intercourse, ovarian stimulation with IUI, and IVF. Each time, we did shots (ganirelix, progesterone) and had multiple ultrasounds. Each time, my uterus lining was great and I had a decent amount of follicles. We had high hopes. However, when we did IVF, only 5 eggs were retrieved and only 4 fertilized. They never made it to day 5 implantation. We were devastated. We are hoping to get this grant to use for an embryo adoption.
I have never been to a doctors office that had nurses nicer than the ones at Carolina Conceptions. They were so polite and always willing to listen and answer questions and didn't mind if you cried every time you went in. They should give training on how to treat people because you always felt comforted, no matter what.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic is a well-oiled machine. The staff has it going on from the time you walk in the door. The receptionists are nice and polite and informative. Most of the time, you go places and the receptionists have no idea about treatments or medicines, but here, they do. The lab staff was polite, the financial officers were informative, helpful, and polite. Just a great clinic.
IVF including medicines, ultrasounds, and education classes cost close to $12k.
We only had 4 eggs to fertilize, so they informed us that they would only transfer 2. However, our embryos did not make it to transfer day.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was personable and got to know us during a sit down session. He offered a course of treatment. I was a patient of Dr. Park, but each time I went, I saw a different doctor, that I did not know or did not have a connection with. If I am going to be treated by 3 doctors and have 3 doctor's opinions, I would like to meet all 3 of them during my one-on-one "get to know you" session so that everyone is on the same page. I felt like I would get one plan of treatment from Dr. Park and then another plan of treatment from one of the other doctor's. It wasn't a consistent treatment plan.
Ask to see him every time OR ask to have the other doctors involved in your treatment plan. Always ask for all of the options so that you are prepared to know when to continue treatment or when to stop and refocus your efforts.
Dr. Park took the time to sit down with my husband and I to go over all of the questions we had, suggest a plan for treatment, and understand any concerns I had. I felt like a human during this process.
I had an HSG (dye in the uterus and tubes) to make sure that my uterus was ok and tubes were open. I had multiple ovarian ultrasounds during different stages of my cycle to see how the eggs matured over time. I had a saline ultrasound so that they could view my uterus when expanded to be sure I did not have any uterine fibroids or polyps. I had already been under another doctor's care and on Clomid, so Dr. Park piggy-backed off of that treatment and suggested other fertility medications. During each cycle, I had multiple visits to check on various things during the month. Each time I had an ovarian ultrasound, it was found that I did not have any mature eggs. Dr. Park recommended using an Ovidrell shot if there were any mature ones to get an egg to release. Unfortunately, I never had a mature one. I had several blood tests - DNA testing, Thyroid Testing, Hormone Level Testing, etc. After several tests, I was formally diagnosed with PCOS. After several rounds of fertility medication, I was still not ovulating. My uterus lining was too thin (thanks to years of rounds of fertility medications that were ineffective) to do IVF.
The nursing staff seemed friendly; however, they made errors on several occasions during my visits. During my initial visit, my husband and I were asked to do a blood draw. The blood was to go to a DNA group to get our DNA pairing to see if any issues came up as well as general testing, hormone levels, etc. Our blood was only sent to the DNA group and never sent to the lab for additional testing. Dr. Park asked us to come back again to do the blood draw so that they could send to the lab for additional testing. The wrong tests were performed....the lab blamed it on the nurse....the nurse blamed it on the lab. So then we had to go in for blood draw 3 (paying for each blood draw, mind you...and each lab fee). This time, the right tests were completed. One particular nurse I had on more than one occasion was not very communicative nor was she very friendly. I always felt like I was a burden to her. She would not direct me to go to the check-out desk after a procedure. She would just say "You can get dressed now." So I'd get dressed and sit in the room, thinking a doctor would come back in to talk to me. But then she'd come back in and say I was done and could leave now.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: The clinic has great hours! I was able to schedule many procedures before work, on a Saturday, or on a Sunday. They really worked well around your schedule and your cycle. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and makes you feel at ease. The clinic can do many of the procedures at their facility, so you don't need to go to a separate office/hospital. The clinic is knowledgeable about the most up to date treatments and medications. Weaknesses: The doctors do not seem to communicate with one another about a particular treatment plan. One doctor will prescribe a treatment plan, but then the next appointment you see another doctor and they indicate you should be doing something differently. I was always confused about what to do based upon multiple doctor's suggestions. The doctors do not follow up. They expect you to be the one to follow up and initiate the next phone call or appointment. I feel like the doctors could do a better job, even if just by email, of sending a quick follow up of what to expect next and what would occur at your next appointment and when that next appointment is. My husband and I stopped going for treatments, tests, rounds of fertility meds. Instead of throwing money at something that may not happen, we decided to throw our money towards adopting. I never received a follow up call or email from the doctor to ask if I wanted to schedule another appointment. It's been 4 months...crickets. I feel that a doctor should follow up or be more concerned about how his patient is doing, even if we decide not to come back.
Approximately $3,000 from our pocket. The rest was covered by insurance.
Raleigh
Dr. Park was nice and very informative. He had good bedside manner. We just only saw him twice during our entire fertility treatment process. It made developing a physician/patient relationship very difficult. It is hard to provide candid feedback with such limited interaction...I always saw a different doctor or a nurse with every visit. It was hard to develop rapport when you are always being shuffled from one physician to the next. As intimate, private and personal as this process is consistency would be ideal...
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't expect the procedures to be done by a physician. We had a certified medical assistant perform our very first IUI! Not even a certified nurse in the field of infertility.
Prior to starting our first round of IUI, my wife and I had lab work done in order to determine the best candidate to have the procedure and treatments. I then completed an HSG to determine any uterine, fallopian or ovarian issues. This was negative. I went in on day 1-3 of my cycle and had a baseline ultrasound. I was given a prescription for Letrozole 10mg daily x 5 days with 3 refills (Carolina Conceptions does 3 rounds of IUI prior to IVF treatment). On day 12, I went back in for another ultrasound to see how many follicles were mature and if ovulation was imminent. After mature follicles were observed, I was given another prescription for Ovidrel 250 mcg (also with 3 refills) to be given 36 hours prior to procedure. Within 48-72 hours after the day 12 ultrasound we went back in for the IUI. Waited 14 days until a pregnancy test could be done. If pregnancy test was negative we started the same process all over again. If positive, we called the clinic and set up an appointment for confirmation blood work.
Very friendly, good bedside manner, explained procedures and expectations well.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: friendly staff, we got pregnant on IUI attempt 2, front desk staff was top notch, facility was nice Weakness: Elevator was very unreliable, we never saw the same provider, IUI treatment was done by a medical assistant rather than a doctor, the medical assistant was unprofessional with a lot of unnecessary comments and made our first attempt very uncomfortable.
It was a 70.00 co-pay for our initial consultation 70.00 co-pay for HSG Baseline Ultrasound on day one of cycle 250.00 (BCBS insurance does not cover) (x 2 attempts) Prescription for Letrozole 12.00 co-pay monthly (with 2 refills used) Prescription for Ovidrel 173.00 (BCBS insurance does not cover) (with 2 refills used) Second ultrasound 250.00 x 2 attempts IUI 468.00 x 2 attempts Confirmation blood tests x 2 separate draws (FREE) First OB ultrasound 70.00 co-pay Second OB ultrasound 70.00 co-pay
Raleigh
I was please with my experience with Dr. Park. While I wanted answers for why we were unable to conceive on our own, I did feel more confident having the embryos tested to rule out potential problems.... Each of the 3 cycles we completed we increased the amount of menopure used. The last and successful cycle we added coenzyme q10 during egg development and did an endometrial scratch before transfer. Dr. Park wanted to add HGH but it had recently been made unavailable for infertility treatment. We did genetic testing on all embryos and only transferred those that were top quality. Those that were questionable or inconclusive results were discarded.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I was please with my experience with Dr. Park. While I wanted answers for why we were unable to conceive on our own, I did feel more confident having the embryos tested to rule out potential problems. Ultimately we got the result we wanted, a healthy boy. In a perfect world we would have a little girl as well, but none of the female embryos were successful.
Ask as many questions you can think of. It helps to realize there are so many components to having a healthy baby. Dr. Park was willing to answer all of questions even if they seemed repetitive.
Dr. Park was very personable and easy to discuss my concerns. He understood our frustrations and tried to encourage us remain positive.
There were three nurses that I dealt with during my appointments. Michelle and Terri were excellent. The other one who I think was Tammy was not always pleasant or helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I always felt like I was welcomed. Stephen at the front desk made me feel like I was his friend. Everyone was rooting for us and tried to encourage us. I'm sure they see hundreds of patients every week, but sometimes i felt like the only one.
I knew this was not an inexpensive procedure. The cost was what I anticipated.
We really didn't have enough quality embryos for this to be a big discussion. We wanted a boy and a girl. We transferred one of each embryo. Dr. Park was in agreement to this approach due to my age.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Park treated us like a human. Each time we had an appointment with him, he knew our history and name without looking in our files...When starting IVF, Dr. Park was very encouraging and felt that he would be able to help us bring home our dream of having a child. When our IVF cycle was canceled we were saddened. We later found out that there was a recall on one of the medications we used. Dr. Park met with us and encouraged us to do another IVF cycle. Due to the increase in cost of a 2nd cycle we could not afford to attempt IVF. Dr. Park shared that he would keep our information on file, if we were able to come back one day.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I would tell a prospective patient to be strong, be open, and do not be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Park will answer your questions and will keep you hopeful throughout your entire journey.
During our IVF cycle the dosage changed and was increased because follicles were not growing as rapidly. My IVF cycle was canceled because the follicles were different sizes and there was only one that had grown to the right size. Later, one of the medications that I was using had a recall because it didn't meet potency regulations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
The nurses were very friendly and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The overall clinic is very welcoming. As soon as you step off the elevator you are greeted by the front desk coordinator. The nurses take you back quickly and help to ease your worries and anxieties. The doctors are very confident in their abilities to help your dream of becoming parents come true. They will work to help you create a specific medical plan that will tailored to meet your need. When you leave, the front desk coordinators always leave you with a smile or encouraging word.
Our plan was not covered by insurance so we paid at least 15K in out of pocket costs.
N/A... We did not get to this step.
2009 - 2014
He [Dr. Park] was easy to talk to, and he was great at listening to me in a way that let him make recommendations or adjust treatment. He wasn't overly optimistic or overly negative - just very frank about my situation and why he recommended what he did. When our IVF cycle failed, he was very empathetic. When we achieved both of our pregnanices, he was ecstatic for us...Dr. Park always spoke to me about my experience and the treatment plan he recommended for me, not others with my condition. I always felt like he was invested in my journey...
2009 - 2014
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was exactly the doctor that I was looking for. He was easy to talk to, and he was great at listening to me in a way that let him make recommendations or adjust treatment. He wasn't overly optimistic or overly negative - just very frank about my situation and why he recommended what he did. When our IVF cycle failed, he was very empathetic. When we achieved both of our pregnanices, he was ecstatic for us.
Be ready for an honest and frank discussion of your treatment options and give heavy weight to Dr. Park's recommendations.
He diagnosed me on my first visit with PCOS. Our first cycle was clomid (not sure of the dose), and I did not ovulate. The second cycle was femara, and I did ovulate but the timing was not optimal. Since we had insurance coverage, he recommended we move straight to IVF. I did a very low dose of menopur and follistim that had to be reduced part way through because I was responding too well. I was already starting to hyperstimulate before planned retrieval, so we had to move retrieval up and change my trigger medication. I triggered with a low dose of Pregnyl. On retrieval day, we got 11 eggs. They made 8 embryos, none of which divided well. At day 3, we had 1 that looked promising, so we went ahead with transfer. That transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test. The following month, we were going to restart with Femara. I took a cycle of progesterone to start my period, and evidently, it caused me to ovulate because we conceived our daughter accidentally. Four years later, we decided to try again. We did a cycle of Femara and IUI. Everything looked great at the day 12 ultrasound, but we wound up abandoning the cycle for personal reasons. The following year, we were ready to try again. We did another cycle of Femara and IUI. I made 4 eggs that cycle (very unusual for Femara), but we decided to go ahead with the IUI. We conceived our son.
Most of the nurses were wonderful to work with and made a big effort to know every patient's name and situation.
We have excellent insurance coverage, so our out of pocket costs were minimal. My Femara was free as a generic, our total IVF cost was under $2000, and our IUI cycle was only $100. Not sure what retail costs are.
2013 - 2014
He [Dr. Park] remembered my name, he took the time to speak with me directly and looking me in the face, not just looking at the medical notes or his computer. He was warm, accommodating, and reassuring and explained everything he did and why... My only issue was that I had to press really hard to get the surgery, which is ultimately what worked....It was mostly trying to get the timing right with the IUIs. But as we couldn't determine the reason for the infertility it was hard to figure out how to cure it.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He was very knowledgeable and professional. He explained results and next steps in an understandable manner. If I wanted to try something different or in conjunction with my treatment he was open to alternative methods. He was a skilled surgeon and did my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy very cleanly and then explained my results. My only issue was that I had to press really hard to get the surgery, which is ultimately what worked.
Do your own research. Doctors aren't inflatable. But John is definitely the best one there.
He remembered my name, he took the time to speak with me directly and looking me in the face, not just looking at the medical notes or his computer. He was warm, accommodating, and reassuring and explained everything he did and why.
They were excellent. Highly knowledgeable and friendly.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Infertility is not easy to diagnose and has a lot of contributing factors. Doctors can only treat what they see so don't go in expecting a cure if you aren't making sure all possible areas are looked at for causes. Doctors will treat with drugs and procedures but those aren't always fixing the problem. Make sure to advocate for yourself. Don't be bullied into a decision. Ask questions! At the end I felt like I knew almost as much or in some areas more than they did because I did my own research. The other two doctors weren't as great as Dr Park. They were either focused on other things or pushy toward IVF.
At the time that we did treatments it was covered by my insurance so I don't really remember. But each office visit was more than $100. The surgery I had we ended up paying probably over $1000, and I only had to pay 10% of the bill.
Raleigh
He [Dr. Park] was a nice and friendly man. He makes the whole idea of infertility less scary. It was like talking to a regular person and not just a doctor. Our first meeting with him we left feeling so hopeful. By the time he did the tests we sort of feel like he gave up a little though. Like it wasn't going to be an easy answer...so do what you want. Options are IUI or IVF. I don't feel like he gave us must direction on which to go with.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He was a nice and friendly man. He makes the whole idea of infertility less scary. It was like talking to a regular person and not just a doctor. Our first meeting with him we left feeling so hopeful. By the time he did the tests we sort of feel like he gave up a little though. Like it wasn't going to be an easy answer...so do what you want. Options are IUI or IVF. I don't feel like he gave us must direction on which to go with.
Get the pricing of the fees for procedures first and then have a discussion with him.
He took his time with us and gave us hope. I felt like he really cared and was interested in what was going on.
After we decided to do a couple rounds of IUIS (prior to knowing price) he suggested the full round/array of drugs and how we would do the "try at home method".
We did not work with any of the nursing staff...yet. From whom we talked to, they were friendly though.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We have only had two appointments with them so far so I do not have much to say. I think that they are organized and easy to get in touch with. I like that a doctor travels 2 hours to come to our area seeing as we do not have infertility doctors around, that I know of. It would be great if we could do some of the procedures from this location rather than driving 2 hours to the office.
It will cost close to $20,000 with medications for IVF. The "try at home" timed method will be a little over $10,000 per round.
Raleigh
I communicated with him [Dr. John Park] through email and he was quick to respond. Most of the time I did not see him in the clinic. The times I did see him he was very helpful and went above and beyond...Dr. Park is always very friendly and very helpful. He listens to my concerns and offers good advice and options.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very informative and to the point. He offered advice and answered questions. I communicated with him through email and he was quick to respond. Most of the time I did not see him in the clinic. The times I did see him he was very helpful and went above and beyond.
Make sure to bring a list of questions. It is hard to remember everything. Write things down as they are being told to you.
We used injectables with timed intercourse one time everything looked great but did not end in pregnancy. We did IUI two times (with injections) one time with 2 follicles and one time with possibly 4. Sperm count was great but still no pregnancy. We didn't see the need to continue IUI due to cost. We wanted to stop and save for IVF.
All of the nurses I saw were very informative and compassionate. They knew what they were doing completely. They were always friendly and helpful in person as well as on the phone.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think that the clinic is wonderful. I would not change anything about it.
Due to my insurance not covering anything other than timed intercourse with injectables the cost was very high each time for IUI.
Raleigh
Dr. Park is very specific, knowledgeable, and genuine. He is always reachable for questions via email, and I feel like he is able to be trusted with my treatment plan. We waited longer for a new patient appointment specifically to meet with him, and we weren't disappointed!... My eggs had low counts but my husband had plenty of sperm, so we began with a combination of timed intercourse with follistim/gonalF. After 4 rounds we were unable to conceive. We had the option of IUI and IVF as the next steps, and my husband and I are about to do our first IVF round. We did not feel IUI was worth the investment since has a minimally higher success rate than timed intercourse.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or get more information when meeting with Dr. Park.
Dr. Park never seems rushed. He seems genuinely concerned about our situation and optimistic we will ultimately have a baby.
The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is incredible. They are kind, helpful, and always have answers to my questions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The staff is wonderful at Carolina Conceptions. The front desk people are sweet and funny - a lovely detail in an unlovely situation. The nurses and financial folks are equally nice and knowledgeable.
3 rounds of medications for timed intercourse depleted $10,000 in insurance coverage. Every visit was $25-50 in copays, so $75-150 per round. IVF will be roughly $17,000 without insurance.
I believe the max transfer is 2 embryos. Dr. Park is conscientious that those could still result in 4 babies.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Park is a kind-hearted, compassionate doctor. He is an excellent active listener. He listens to all concerns and questions, and then answers your questions. He does not talk over you. He offers little bits of personal experience to comfort you and encourage you along the way.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Trust trust trust...This process is hard enough!! If you can trust in his expertise, it gives a small amount of relief.
Dr. Park talked with both my husband and myself directly. He looked us both in the eyes, explaining the entire process in detail, assuring us and encouraging us throughout!
Dr. Park reviewed previous medical history( surgeries, results, scans, ultrasounds, blood work , hormone levels, sperm analysis). We met and discussed options and suggestions. He felt confident we could benefit from assisted ovulation with IUI, trying to produce as many eggs as possible and bypass the damaged areas. We did our first round in March(2017) with a negative pregnancy result. We have just started our second round this month(April 2017). Keeping our fingers crossed!!!
Attentive, compassionate, organized and very educated. Very well spoken and great bedside manner!!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Well organized, great response time for return phone calls.
Close to 1000-1500 out of pocket
We did not discuss embryo transfer
Raleigh
I can’t say enough good things about my experience working with Dr. Park... the 4th doctor and clinic I sought infertility treatment with after moving to Raleigh from NYC. By the time I met Dr. Park, I had 2 years of failed treatment, including 2 failed IVF cycles, a failed FET cycle, and numerous failed IUI and medicated cycles. Despite our dismal track record and our advanced maternal age, and Dr. Park remained optimistic about our path forward and ultimately successfully helped us conceive our beautiful son. Dr. Park has a very friendly and warm demeanor and great bedside manner. He’s extremely intelligent and I appreciated his analytical nature. Through the entire process, he was extremely responsive to all questions and emails/messages in a prompt manner.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I can’t say enough good things about my experience working with Dr. Park and Carolina Conceptions. Dr. Park was the 4th doctor and clinic I sought infertility treatment with after moving to Raleigh from NYC. By the time I met Dr. Park, I had 2 years of failed treatment, including 2 failed IVF cycles, a failed FET cycle, and numerous failed IUI and medicated cycles. Despite our dismal track record and our advanced maternal age, and Dr. Park remained optimistic about our path forward and ultimately successfully helped us conceive our beautiful son. Dr. Park has a very friendly and warm demeanor and great bedside manner. He’s extremely intelligent and I appreciated his analytical nature. Through the entire process, he was extremely responsive to all questions and emails/messages in a prompt manner. There was only a single appointment that I had to wait to be seen which was a result of him getting pulled into an emergency surgery. I honestly believe Dr. Park is a miracle worker and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Appointments were always prompt and on time. Staff is very friendly and compassionate, I had a positive experience with everyone in interacted with. Follow ups via phone or email were also always prompt and timely.
Costs were covered by insurance.
Raleigh
thought dr.park was kind and truly loves his job. He took time to answer all of our questions and I had a lot.... He listened to our concerns and I like that he gave us statistics. I like having a lot of information and I did not want someone to tell me just what I wanted to hear... I had some early complications and their office set me up last minute appointments and was very reassuring.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I thought dr.park was kind and truly loves his job. He took time to answer all of our questions and I had a lot. I'm happy to say I now have a beautiful baby boy. I had some early complications and their office set me up last minute appointments and was very reassuring.
Do your research before visiting and have frank and open conversations with your SO beforehand. IVF is scary and intimidating but they Will walk you through it all.
I can't remember the medications anymore but we used injectable mess. I was able to do all the monitoring visits remotely which was very helpful.
The first time I went to their office I felt the nurses were not very knowledgeable and kind of aloof. My last experience at CC has been so much better. When I went for my transfer the nurse really went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and they have been quick to call back with any questions or concerns I have. I hate playing phone tag with the nursing staff which often happens with their phone system.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I don't care for the nurse callback system but I love every single doctor I have met there.
5000 for a fresh Ivf cycle plus medicine and then 2500 for a frozen cycle
Raleigh
John park was very humble. John answered any question I had with being patient to explaining things over and over if I asked. Most of the encouraging words he gave me after two failed iui. His words " I'm sorry that happened don't give up keep trying we will find the best solution "... First I did my consult finding the best alternative in Greenville nc. Second visit was in Raleigh where I found out we are going to do iui with gonal f then ovidrel with like 30 percent chance to work. My body responded fine to the treatment. And we did that twice but both times were negative pregnancy test. Now me and my husband are working hard on getting the money saved to do ivf because doctor park said that would have a higher percentage to conceive so we are not giving up thanks to the encouraging words of doctor john park.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't give up, ask questions because doctor park will always be there and helpful.
I felt like a human because they way he explained the chances and procedure and feeling concerned when I had the negative pregnancy test also encouraged me to keep trying
Always smiling and concerned as well giving me encouraging words
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are good with everything no flaws or dislikes at all
In all we payed almost 4000 for medication visit and iui procedure both times
Raleigh
Dr. Park was an amazing Doctor. I would recommend him to anyone trying to conceive. He is compassionate, respectful, and knowledgeable. I never felt alone or confused during my treatment. When I first met him, I was close to giving up, but he was very honest with me and set up a treatment plan that I believed would be successful. He took the time to get to know me and my situation, making me feel important. Now, at 4 months pregnant I am forever grateful
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Be honest with Dr. Park about your concerns and trust him even when you're scared.
Dr. Park treated me with the upmost respect and took the extra time to explain everything to me. He answered all my questions honestly and "held my hand" through every step.
The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is amazing. They were compassionate and walked me through every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I can not say enough about Carolina Conceptions. From the reception desk to the doctor, I am so pleased with my time there. They really care about their patients and their well being. Every patient is on a first name basis and you feel important, not just like another patient.
Monitoring visits at Carolina Conceptions were fast and efficient. I was in and out within 15 minutes which was important to me since I had to travel an hour to get to work. My visits were scheduled early which was allowed me to limit the time away from work.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
For all of my cycles [with Dr. John Park] I was on Menopur and Gonal as well as estradiol and progesterone. The first transfer I used Crinone progresterone inserts and the second cycle I started with progesterone injections and then changed to Crinone. The dosage of the Gonal varied based on the progression of the egg size...He really took the time to listen to our needs and was very sympathetic when things didn't go as planned
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Park was very sympathetic and really listened to our questions and concerns and took time with us. I wish overall we knew about the good and bad parts of the IVF process prior to starting as some aspects were a surprise for us, but I would definitely go back to Dr. Park if we decide to have more children in the future. He has helped give us two beautiful children.
Ask lots of questions and really understand the good and bad that can happen. Be prepared for a roller coaster ride of emotions.
For all of my cycles I was on Menopur and Gonal as well as estradiol and progesterone. The first transfer I used Crinone progresterone inserts and the second cycle I started with progesterone injections and then changed to Crinone. The dosage of the Gonal varied based on the progression of the egg size.
We met with a lot of different nurses through our 5 cycles and they were all very helpful and respectful
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The communication with the embryologists could be improved. Sometimes it was hard to understand some of what they had to say. The front desk was awesome - super helpful and sympathetic.
My insurance didnt cover very much so we shelled out about $60k over the course of our IVF process.
The clinic will do what you want, but they encourage single transfers for PGS tested embryos which is what we did
2012 - 2016
Dr Park is very thorough during consults and clearly defines risks and benefits of options. During appointments he is not quite as thorough and I feel that might be due to time constraints. He is compassionate, but should work on his delivery of bad news.... Despite it being 4 years between treatments it seemed that Dr park remembered me.
There is hope.
We used lupron protocol during our fresh IVF attempt. Dr Park also provided the protocol for our second FET attempt. I do not remember many details from the fresh cycle as it was 5 years ago. The FET we used estradiol, estrace, IM progesterone.
The nurses who provide the education are very knowledgeable. They however seem overstretched and on occasion understaffed.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic has become very busy. There were several occasions when I waited 15-30 minutes beyond my appointment time to be seen. Steven is the most friendly front desk coordinator.
We have been lucky in the past to have insurance coverage. Our fresh cycle was covered at 90% and the majority of our drugs were no cost as my husband was employed by Merck and they produced many of my medications. my husband has switched jobs and now our coverage is more limited. Our 2 FET attempts cost almost $5000 out of pocket between copays,labs, medications.
This practice has the preference for single embryo transfer when possible, but did opt for 2 embryo transfer to increase our odds during our second FET attempt.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Park was clear about the possible outcomes but encouraged us to make our own decisions and supported what we wanted to try. He offered suggestions and alternatives. He was very understanding what we were going through and provided us with as much information/facts we wanted/needed to make informed choices...We wanted to try to fertilize one of my eggs. We tried hormones/injections to increase the number of eggs released twice. We had poor results. We attempted the IUI even though Dr. Park was not hopeful it would be successful. It was not, but we were well informed and the result was not surprising, although disappointing.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
We often did not need to see Dr. Park - we were there for a baseline ultrasound and just needed to see the technician; however either Dr. Park or an other physician was always there to step in if we had questions/concerns.
I highly recommend him.
I don't have much of a memory of them, but they were kind, offered non-business hours for procedures, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The financial advisor was uninformed, didn't seem to know what was and was not covered, and became hostile with me once when i was confused about a bill. I admit I was also upset but with the hormones I was injecting and the emotional impact of what we were going through, she should have been compassionate, understanding, and calming.
I don't really recall.
We did not elect to transfer multiple eggs upon our own research, my past history of FGR, and our doctor's recommendation.
Raleigh
Dr. Park was very kind and compassionate, yet was real about the process. He took our questions and concerns into consideration and didn't belittle in anyway what we were feeling. He was very approachable and made me feel comfortable and valued as a patient...Dr. Park took the time to explicitly explain the process of IUI as well as the statistics for our likelihood of achieving a pregnancy. He spent time with us, answered our questions, and did not seem to be rushing to the next appointment. I really appreciated how real he was and compassionate!
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Definitely make your concerns known!
We complete IUI for 2 cycles Letrozole 2.5mg, 2 pills for 5 days on days 3-7 of my period. Ovidrel injection - trigger shot after ultrasound to determine if there was an egg.
The nursing staff was so friendly, supportive, and encouraging! They were a huge part of why I have such a positive view of Carolina Conceptions!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The office staff was organized, friendly, encouraging, and accommodating. The waiting room was aesthetically pleasing. I always felt welcomed! All of this truly set the tone for the clinic as a whole!
The cost was laid out by the financial coordinator. We met with her once we decided our course of action. The costs were laid out to help us understand and to know when we would pay each portion.
2012 - 2015
Dr Park created a treatment plan tailored to my needs based on my diagnosis and the results of prior treatments. He talked to us and valued our input. He is reachable by email and always answers right away...Dr Park took outcomes of each cycle personally. It is obvious that he and the team at CC stay active in current research and trends and bring cutting edge treatment to patients. He is very reachable, compassionate, and invested...
2012 - 2015
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is happy to have patients be very involved in their care and that is to your benefit.
Added Menopur to my stims to help with egg quality. Added assisted hatching to the frozen embryos we brought to the clinic Added "embryo glue" Used a 3 month cycle of Lupron to treat endometriosis and help with egg quality. Unlike I've seen in other clinics he made certain to start a fresh stim cycle before I had a period.
These people become family. The level of patience and compassion they showed us is unparalleled.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I honestly can't think of a weakness. The front desk staff is so friendly. Not something you see all that often in a fertility clinic. The business office staff is tremendous. They mase things happen with our insurance and they did it efficiently. The nursing staff is second to none. The CNAs are so kind. Even the embryologists make an effort to get to know you.
We are very lucky in that we had insurance coverage. Our out of pocket costs did not exceed 5000 over the course of our treatment
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr park made this heartbreaking situation doable. He made me feel like I could do this and was a rock star bc I did. He was patient and kind, and we got our sweet healthy little boy bc of him.... We did 2 failed iui s, so due to male fertility factor we moved on with ivf. My husband was deployed so we froze the sperm. I then started the hormone shots, I was borderline ovarian hyperstimulation ao we adjusted the drugs according. We then did the retrieval, and 5 days later did the implantation. We were fortunate enough to have our baby boy. But none of the other embryos made it.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr park made this heartbreaking situation doable. He made me feel like I could do this and was a rock star bc I did. He was patient and kind, and we got our sweet healthy little boy bc of him. I couldn't be any happier with the services we received.
Be open. Ask questions and have faith. He is good. And he will do everything in his power to help you. So take a deep breath and know you are in good hands.
Dr parks was the nicest, most human dr I've ever seen. He was patient and kind. He took the time to call and email me. He put us at ease. I couldn't have asked for a better dr.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Any remember)
They were always an email away! And I emailed at least 200 times! Always patient with me and my wacky questions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strength is all they have. Stephen at the front desk was amazing. They were open all the time and so flexibale.
We were generously given a military discount. So we were very blessed that dr parks did that for us.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Park is an amazing doctor. His bedside manner is so calm and caring, it's just amazing. Having infertility issues is very hard emotionally and Dr. Park's manner helped to ease a little of the stress, but he was also frank with where I was. It's hard to find that type of compassion in a doctor and Dr. Park is one of them. I am so lucky that Carolina Conceptions was close to home...
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I gave examples in my last statement. One thing I did not write is that he is also a very good listener.
Listen to what he has to say. He is very compassionate and wants to do the best thing for you, but at the same time is very realistic on what they can do.
I only did IVF once because I was on the highest dose of everything and it only resulted in 3 eggs. They tried to create embryos, but none took. Dr. Park was very frank with me in the results and that he did not think it was worth trying IVF again as my reserve was very low and didn't have good eggs. He spent a lot of time talking with me about donor eggs. So we went that route and now have 2 beautiful children.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic is very friendly. It put a lot of my anxiety at ease because the staff was so great. From the receptionists, to the phlebotomists and nursing staff, everyone was great and very empathetic.
I don't remember the cost, but fortunately I have infertility insurance, so a lot of it was covered.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Park [at Carolina Conceptions] always makes me feel cared for and comfortable. He gives me so much hope that we will be able to one day conceive a child. He doesn't let me give up...Dr Park from the beginning has been very clear on what is going on with my infertility. He takes the time to thoroughly explain what is going on and what the best course of treatments are for me. He has never passed me off to another doctor. He performs my ultrasounds during our visits and he reassures me that we will get pregnant. We are currently still under his care.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open and honest with him about your history and how you are feeling about the process.
Dr. Park always makes me feel cared for and comfortable. He gives me so much hope that we will be able to one day conceive a child. He doesn't let me give up.
I have done pills such as Femara which helped me produce follicles, but not many mature ones. After two cycles we have now begun Follistim 150 injectables with Ganirelix and Ovidrel as the trigger shot. We are currently in the middle of a cycle. We have not had success as of yet.
The nursing staff is very friendly and they do a great job answering any questions we have.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is wonderful! They have state of the art equipment and everything can be done in house.
My insurance has covered my visits so far and medications. So far we cannot afford IVF or IUI. My insurance doesn't cover that.
Anovulation, Unexplained
He [Dr. Park] has excellent bedside manner...He also responds quickly to questions and is easy to talk to...He is compassionate and always made time for any questions. He also worked me in during his lunch when I had a cycle canceled and came up with a new plan, which meant the world to me. He also responds to email quickly...We did one round of clomid- no ovulation. Then one round of injectibles that was supposed to be with times intercourse, but I made too many eggs and the cycle was canceled. Then we did IVF with an egg retrieval and frozen transfer seven weeks later because my uterus was not ready right after the retrieval!
Anovulation, Unexplained
You will love him! :)
He has excellent bedside manner and even worked me in one time to come up with a plan when a cycle was cancelled. He also responds quickly to questions and is easy to talk to.
We did one round of clomid- no ovulation. Then one round of injectibles that was supposed to be with times intercourse, but I made too many eggs and the cycle was canceled. Then we did IVF with an egg retrieval and frozen transfer seven weeks later because my uterus was not ready right after the retrieval! That was successful and we are currently pregnant with triplets, praying for a good outcome.
Excellent. They are all friendly and helpful and quick to answer questions! :)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Honestly, they are excellent through the whole process and it truly feel like all of their employees really care for you. I would highly recommend them!! :)
Approximately $20,000 total, including ultrasounds, blood work, and meds
He counseled us fully on each and chose to transfer two embryos.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Park] tries to be considerate and kind...It's nice to be able to reach him via email as I want expecting this. However their bedside manner is not great. It's awkward sometimes and they don't know how to be comforting when I've had my miscarriages...Before this last frozen transfer we did 3 months of Lupron to help with an uterus llining issue I have...One time they were supposed to do a thorough blood work but the lab only drew for estrogen level. There was miscommunication between then and the doctor.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Be more compassionate and work on bedside manners. When going thru traumatic event such a miscarriage you want a doctor who can have more sympathy versus treating you like just another patient.
He tries to be considerate and kind
We have done two refrigerators so far. Before this last frozen transfer we did 3 months of Lupron to help with an uterus llining issue I have. I hope that helps and I'm finally pregnant.
Most of them are good they know you by name and friendly
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk staff is very nice. They are so busy though sometimes it's hard to get in. Their telephone answering system is very strange. It always goes to a message so hard to know if the office is open or close
We've spent in the neighborhood of 15k so far for the 2 cycles we've done. Our insurance coverage for infertility is almost over and I don't know how we will continue with such expensive treatments if we are not successful this time around.
Their messages on the TVs in their office always say single but he has always suggested two transfers.
2009 - 2017
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr Park was wonderful. He has a great bedside manner and my husband and I felt well informed about all our fertility options. He gave us all the facts and statistics and then let us make our own informed decisions without pressure. He was always responsive to any questions we had.... Fresh cycle with ICSI-negative pregnancy test 2 frozen cycles-negative pregnancy tests Donor egg cycle with ICSI and surrogate-successful twin pregnancy. I had undergone a total hysterectomy the year prior.
2009 - 2017
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He is very receptive to questions, so ask them. You should never walk out feeling like you don't understand something.
Dr Park was always very easy to talk to and very concerned with what was best for our specific situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Tammy Enders)
All the nurses were absolutely wonderful. Tammy was on top of everything and kept us on track always.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Everyone in the clinic is so friendly and I felt like they truly were invested in our care and want to see everyone's cycle be successful. The clinic runs smoothly and on time. They provide all services in the clinic so you do not have to travel to separate labs or surgical suites.
He allowed us to make our own decision after he gave us the statistics
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park seems very educated about the process and explained our different options. We related to him because of his up front explanations of the different processes. We met with him once and he explained everything but we needed time to think about it. We took some time off and came back to speak with him again once we were more certain. He responded to my emails promptly with any of my questions. He even responded on the weekend. We choose dr. Park over going to unc fertility.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Park did a great job explaining everything.
I am just starting the process. I am about to start birth control and take a salene baseline. I haven't really started IVF yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
We met with the nurse Coordinator to start the IVF process so she explained injections. It was a lot to cover but she did a good job.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very friendly on the phone. All of the front desk people are friendly. Sometimes when you call it's hard to hear...the phone cuts out. It's happened a couple of times.
We are doing a single cycle to start with ivf. We paid a little over $6,000 to Carolina Conceptions but we still have to pay for medicine. I'm not sure how much that will be. Will have to pay for additional doctor visits as we go.
He said we could do either way we wanted and that it is up to us.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I wanted that one on one experience that made me feel like the doctor was on my side. He [Dr. John Park] never performed one procedure on me just the initial meeting and after 3 failed IUI.... I stated on 150ui Follistim. Second month the same only to find out they changed it to 225ui and no one told me. So 3rd round they told me to stay at 150 and then when I met with the doc after 3 failed attempts he said do full 300 next round.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I felt as if I was a number. I wanted that one on one experience that made me feel like the doctor was on my side. He never performed one procedure on me just the initial meeting and after 3 failed IUI. Chose to continue treatment with another doctor
If you want a doc that will see you everytehe is not the doctor for you
I only saw the doctor the first visit and then the lady where he told me I was not a good candidate for IVF. In my opinion why did I go thru 3 cycles of IUI if I was not even a good candidate for IVF. Immediately suggested donor eggs
I stated on 150ui Follistim. Second month the same only to find out they changed it to 225ui and no one told me. So 3rd round they told me to stay at 150 and then when I met with the doc after 3 failed attempts he said do full 300 next round. That's when I went for second opinion
Nurses were great. Some better than others. They are the ones who should receive credit for IUIs they performed every single one
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
You can never get anyone on the phone must wait for a call back. Your a number so no one knows your specific case
Expensive meds and many copays IUI covered 3 times under insurance now no coverage left
Raleigh
My husband and I met with Dr.Parks for our first consultantion and we where both pleased. He shared all our option and we choose IUI and that did not work for us. Then we choose IVF which has been a long journey . I have been well pleased, he explained everything in detail. He has followed through with all task. He has not done any of my procedures, but I have had great care at Carolina Conceptions!
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Have patience ,a opened mind and stay on track.
I like Dr.Parks, he has been helpful !
We started off with ferma, injection for the IUI for several days, followed by a trigger injection. Unsuccessful ! Then we took BC , done lots of scan to check lining and more injection, egg retrieval , had to freeze embryo, levels to high for fresh transfer.
The nurse staff was excellent! All class where very informational and through! Always got calls and emails! Our favorite nurse was Terry !
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have been very pleased with all the staff from dr, nurse, front desk, and embryologist!
The cost was quoted at around 10 thousand, plus medication at around 8 thousand. There were additional ultra sounds that where at $300 per visit. Then additional$800 for extra eggs! Have not total everything yet!
He would only transfer 2 embryo's even tho I want him to transfer3!
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
My first treatment [with Dr. Park] was pretty standard and included lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel, followed by progesterone as well as estradiol pills. My second IVF stimulation was the same but added human growth hormone. Since my AMH was low I only produced 10 eggs the first time but then I had 22 with adding the HGH.... He is a very smart person who never makes me feel rushed. He thinks through all his decisions making sure he follows the best course of action regarding treatment. He could be a little better at answering emails, though.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He takes time to talk to me and answer my questions.
My first treatment was pretty standard and included lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel, followed by progesterone as well as estradiol pills. My second IVF stimulation was the same but added human growth hormone. Since my AMH was low I only produced 10 eggs the first time but then I had 22 with adding the HGH.
All of the nurses are kind and most are happy and upbeat. They are all very smart and helpful. They definitely get the job done without hesitation.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It's by far the best option in the area. I live 1.5 hrs away and they satellite with my local dr for monitoring visits which is awesome. The front desk employees are kind, sensitive and helpful. Appointments are always prompt in my opinion.
I think the basic cost for the IVF cycle was around $9,000 which doesn't include medications or monitoring. The FET cycles are around $3,000 which also doesn't include anything else.
Dr. Park doesn't push too much either way, but is very research based in his recommendations.
Raleigh
Dr Park is very thorough and sets realistic expectations. He does not sugar coat things and I prefer that. He communicates well and is compassionate when I have negative pregnancy tests. He changed my course of action when my body didn't respond well to the hormones and my cycle days due to size of follicles.... Dr. Park is very thorough and sets realistic expectations. He does not sugar coat things and I prefer this with my Dr. He always returns emails and answers all my questions.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Because of his bluntness he may not be for everyone. He may only act that way with me though because I told him that is what I expect.
Letrozole 7.5 mgs CD 3-5 follow up us on CD 11. Ovedril injection that night and iui 36 hrs later. I have produced good sized follicles but sadly no positive pregnancy tests.
They are very friendly and good at their jobs
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Clinic is very clean and the front desk and other staff are all very friendly. I have no complaints about Carolina Conceptions
Insurance is covering my procedures so I only have a copay
Raleigh
My ovarian reserve is about half what it should be for my age. He [Dr. John Park] recommended oral and injectable medication. Due to cost I started with 2 cycles of oral medication, and have done 1 cycle with injectable medications. I had too many cysts this cycle to do medications...He gave me different options for treatment and did testing prior to starting treatments. He was nice and had a good bedside manner. Procedures for testing went quickly and smoothly. I had to start with lower options than recommended due to financial restraints. Still waiting to conceive.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He is a good doctor to go to.
The care is very good and they work with you for what you can do. Still waiting to get pregnant.
My ovarian reserve is about half what it should be for my age. He recommended oral and injectable medication. Due to cost I started with 2 cycles of oral medication, and have done 1 cycle with injectable medications. I had too many cysts this cycle to do medications.
The nursing staff is very kind and knowledgeable and helped me with all my questions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are kind, friendly, and work with you on the level that you can afford.
My copay is $55 for office visits. Fertility treatments are not covered by my insurance and are out of pocket. Prices range from about $900 or so for IUI to $6500 with RN discount for 2 months of the year for IVF
Raleigh
Dr. Park is always available to answer my questions, either through email or on the phone. I live 2 hours away from the clinic, making it difficult to go to the office every time I have a question. Dr. Park has called me directly several times to share information and/or answer my questions. During appointments, he has always taken the time to talk with me about my myriad of questions.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He is very patient and compassionate, but also straight forward. He answers emails and phone calls promptly. He delivers difficult news in a caring way and takes time explain my options and expected outcomes.
Dr. Park will not necessarily do your procedures, such as IUI or IVF. The nurses typically do IUI and you may have a different doctor do your retrieval and transfer for IVF.
I had controlled stimulation for IUI and IVF. Different medication protocols were used for each. Protocols were adjusted in hopes of maximizing my chances.
Wonderful nursing staff! Took time to explain medication administration and always returned phone calls to answer my many questions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Front desk staff is efficient and caring. Wonderful people!
IUI covered by insurance. IVF around 10,000. Medication around 5,000.
Raleigh
He [Dr. Park] was direct and answered all of my questions. I have to say that I saw the nurses most often, and most really helped me understand...he was not only super friendly, he was clear and talked to me about my best option for my situation: IVF... he mapped out my plan early on, so I knew what to expect. I would try the least invasive method early on, then move on to more invasive (injections) and then IVF..
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He was direct and answered all of my questions. I have to say that I saw the nurses most often, and most really helped me understand. I saw Dr. Meyer two weeks ago, and he was not only super friendly, he was clear and talked to me about my best option for my situation: IVF.
He is direct, and you will get all of your questions answered. He is thorough.
My situation is different than most. I realize that, from the beginning, this was going to be difficult. But, he mapped out my plan early on, so I knew what to expect. I would try the least invasive method early on, then move on to more invasive (injections) and then IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michelle (amazing!))
Some are empathetic, some are not. All understand and are knowledgable.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It was far from my home (2 hours, 15 minutes) and I've made over 20 trips. I wish that they would not charge for ultrasounds done in another office.
It is expensive. My insurance does not cover these medications. I'm a teacher, and have used all of my days/leave, so I'm now paying out-of-pocket for a sub. Medications were about $800-1K each cycle.
We have not yet discussed this.
Raleigh
While Dr. Park was treating me, I was participating in a medication trial, so the medication dosages and protocols were dictated by the trial. I used a specific medication to stimulate ovulation, medication to prevent premature ovulation, Ovidrel to trigger, and progesterone suppositories. My response to the ovulation stimulation was good (and within the numbers required by the trial)...He's very straightforward and will take the time to answer any questions you have.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park seems very knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to fertility treatments. He's friendly, sympathetic, and understanding. (I'm uncomfortable around male doctors and he was very understanding about that.) He explains things thoroughly and is up-front about possible risks.
He had thoroughly reviewed by chart and was sympathetic and understanding during our consultations. He's also friendly during procedures.
The nursing staff is compassionate, friendly, and professional. They do a good job during scans and procedures.
The trial meant that the IVF round was provided at a greatly reduced rate, so my situation was unique.
Dr. Park strongly recommends transferring a single embryo at a time.
Raleigh
He [Dr. John Park] was very caring and sympathetic toward my husband and I. He answered all of our questions and went through the procedures very thoroughly.... I loved Dr. Park and his bedside manner. He was thorough and compassionate. He always made sure I understood the process and was very optimistic. I was referred to him by a friend who was successful with IVF and since then I have referred a friend to him as well.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask as many questions as you want and trust Dr. Park!
He was very caring and sympathetic toward my husband and I. He answered all of our questions and went through the procedures very thoroughly.
We started immediately with hormone shots then did the egg retrieval and then did the transfer five days later.
The nursing staff was amazing and took excellent care of me. They even went out of their way to quickly process my blood work to determine if I was pregnant or not since it was after hours. They knew how anxious and nervous I was and wanted to take good care of me.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic felt like home and the staff was amazing to work with. They did not have any weaknesses.
IVF is expensive, but we were able to qualify for a loan and lower priced fertility drugs through a third party company.
My husband and I decided to transfer two of our seven embryos and were successful with twins.
Raleigh
Dr. PArk was very upfront about maternal age and egg quality. Provided me with all options and was very encouraging. The only thing that could be improved on is follow up contact after 1st cycle. I didn't hear from office in no form after 1st cycle. No one knew if the cycle was a success or not.... I don't remember the protocol but remember due to age Dr. Park started mid range injection dose, and perhaps research standard protocol.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask questions and ask about follow up procedures. In addition options for financial assistance.
Reception staff always made it a point to call you by name when signing in, and Dr. Park treated me as an individual.
The nurses that I interacted werected dry and unapproachable. Received conflicting information from two nurses. Left me feeling like could have resulted in negative test.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Lab staff was great, education for injectables were great anday followed up, reception very friendly even when extremely busy.
Medications, iui fees, US fees, and general office fees.
Raleigh
He [Dr. John Park] conveyed genuine concern for our fertility struggles. After the treatment, he personally followed up with us to congratulate us on the pregnancy...Dr. Park was very straight forward with us. Once he established our fertility problem, he was able to explain the situation, and what would happen on a level we could understand. He was always willing to answer questions for us.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Come with lots of questions, he will answer them all!
He conveyed genuine concern for our fertility struggles. After the treatment, he personally followed up with us to congratulate us on the pregnancy
We had previously done several rounds of IUI. Based on my AMA results, he suggested an aggressive approached IVF cycle. I was not producing enough eggs and I was also not producing quality eggs. He told me that based on my AMA levels, we should expect 8-10 eggs to be retrieved, and he was right on the dot!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michele Medlin)
Michele Medlin was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions and concerns. Doing IVF is overwhelming with all the injections and medications. She was able to comfort my worries.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are very understanding to the flexible scheduling needs of not only IVF patients, but out of town patients like myself. Everyone in the clinic was always extremely friendly.
The IVF cycle itself was about $9000. This did not include medication
Raleigh
Dr. Park is the best doctor I've ever had. He was very honest with me and my wife when it came down to my fertility issues. He performed my surgery in April 2015 to open my tubes and was successful. I wish sometimes he was more than one person because the other Drs there are not as friendly and knowledgeable as he is.... I can't remember all the details but I took a pill for 5 days, had Ovidrel the night before, and then was inseminated the next day.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
To listen to everything he says and don't be afraid to ask questions. He never seems rushed or in a hurry to move onto the next patient and he values one-on-one time with all his patients.
Dr. Park was very honest and caring about my needs and my wife's needs.
They are all extremely nice and very caring people.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very clean and front office staff are very friendly. The only weakness I can think of is Dr. Park is super busy and can't always be in 4 places at once so there are other Drs there who fill in for him time to time.
We spent alot but alot was covered as well. The surgery was the most expensive. I won't go into numbers but I will say it was all well worth it.
Raleigh
Dr park was great. He was there through all of the steps even followed up when he couldn’t be there he was awesome and honest the whole time his team always finds a way to support you even during harder times. ... He is going to be open and honest and sympathetic but sometimes information maybe harder for you to deal with. Just know he will continue to help and support you. He has children as well
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr park was great. He was there through all of the steps even followed up when he couldn’t be there he was awesome and honest the whole time his team always finds a way to support you even during harder times. I took a home pregnancy test that showed I wasn’t pregnant. He told me to get in right away to see what had happened. I got there and it must have been a false positive. I was pregnant with twin boys. He was just as excited as I was
Just make sure you ask all the questions you have. He is going to be open and honest and sympathetic but sometimes information maybe harder for you to deal with. Just know he will continue to help and support you. He has children as well
Dr park allowed us to call and email as much as possible he was sympathetic and realistic to our situation. He was always nice during the times we saw him
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The office Manager was very helpful and so was all of the doctors. Of course with infertility you can be nervous and having to wait for a appointment that’s not of schedule is frustrating but I wait at all My doctors appointment
I believe total was around 25000
He was ok with me doing either. Did explain how twins would be hard for him but he understood why I decided to go themroute I did even though I was young and he felt I would get pregnant. I was nervous and said let’s do two
Raleigh
Dr. Park is a very professional Doctor. He shares facts and statistics regularly. He listens to concerns and truly cares about you. Whenever we had a question he was very quick to answer. He emailed back in a timely manner...We visited dr. Park after ttc for one year with no success. We had used clomid for 6 months before seeing a specialist. After hearing our history Dr. Park recommended injections as the next step. Due to insurance we started with timed intercourse. It failed. We had to take breaks due to cysts but ended up trying 2 iui's which failed. We then stopped at treatment.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure to ask lots of questions. Write down answers so you don't forget.
Dr. Park was very helpful and informative. He shared very valuable information with us.
Very helpful and knowledgeable. We saw nurses the majority of the time.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Staff was very knowledgeable and really care about our needs!
Insurance did not cover anything that was not natural.
Raleigh
He [Dr. John Park] is very caring and compassionate. He makes me feel like I am his only patient. He gave me a chance at another option with my own eggs, but back up plans after too. He also responded to my email by calling me and talking me through my questions.We are currently doing a Flare Lupron cycle with intended timed intercourse, but hopes of transitioning into IVF if I can grow 4+ follicles. He said let's see what my body can do and go all out! I am doing injections in the morning and night with high doses....
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He is very caring and compassionate. He makes me feel like I am his only patient. He gave me a chance at another option with my own eggs, but back up plans after too. He also responded to my email by calling me and talking me through my questions.
he is awesome!!
At my first consultation with him, we sat and talked for over an hour. He was genuinely concerned for me and wanted to give me options and answers.
They are friendly and caring. They respond to emails and calls efficiently. One in particular went above and beyond to help me personally in regards to the possibility of a donor egg process.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very friendly and caring!! I would definitely recommend Dr Park over Dr Meyer if you prefer the delicate and compassionate type.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Park has been honest with open communication and receptive to hearing our thoughts and allowing/describing the best outcome for our situation. Even if the results haven't been where we wanted thus far, we feel 100% comfortable with him in control!... Dr. Park has been clear, concise, and delivered all expectations up front while still being optimistic yet honest.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Listen and ask questions. Dr. Park won't pry information but he has answers in the confusing processes that are out there.
Being a guy, I don't visit the doctors often but I feel like if I could have them as a primary care nurses I'd visit more. They're compassionate to the male for being quiet and often babies around needles.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are caring, compassionate, and the communication is great!
The overall finances team were on point when it came to help and explanation.
Raleigh
I didn't feel rushed with him [Dr. Park]. He took time to speak to my husband and I, to listen to our concerns and answer our questions...Excellent communicator. Compassionate. Took the time to explain so we fully understood our options. Even when we didn't get good news, he was encouraging and honest about our options...He outlined 3 options for us and explained the pros and cons for each. Based on what he shared with us, we were able to choose an option with which we felt comfortable proceeding.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Excellent communicator. Compassionate. Took the time to explain so we fully understood our options. Even when we didn't get good news, he was encouraging and honest about our options. I would highly recommend him to others.
Expect to be in good hands.
I didn't feel rushed with him. He took time to speak to my husband and I, to listen to our concerns and answer our questions.
Everyone was very kind and engaging.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Everything is well organized and all employees are very friendly.
When Dr. Park outlined our options, he provided ballpark costs which we then confirmed with the finance department.
Raleigh
Dr. Park is caring and compassionate. He is very thorough and explains everything from top to bottom. He goes through everything that will be done and tells you what to expect. I truly believe that Dr. Park cares...My husband and I had IVF with ICSI done. I was on many different fertility medications and injections for egg production. Upon retrieval I had 9 eggs retrieved and out of the 9 I had three embryos. The two best embryos were transferred and the third is currently being stored at Carolina Conceptions.
Do not smoke
Dr. Park is caring and compassionate
Nursing staff was nice but could be a little more organized.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
From the moment I walked through the door I have felt welcome. The staff at the front desk are amazing.
Monitoring visits were a breeze. I never had to wait when I went in for monitoring and was never there more than 10 minutes.
Raleigh
he [Dr. Park] empathized with our situation to the best of his ability and really wanted to make us successful...He is very thorough regarding explanations of care, reasons for pregnancy loss, infertility. He was compassionate and caring. We had preferred to see him each visit, but understand that sometimes that is not possible...We selected IVF with PGS screening due to unknown recurrent pregnancy loss. We did one frozen embryo transfer cycle after PGS screening, and are currently pregnant now 24 weeks.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He is very helpful with infertility and will tell you the true options you have.
he empathized with our situation to the best of his ability and really wanted to make us successful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: C. Tenders)
Always got back to use when needed, communication was great.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Front desk staff are awesome. They are always concerned and hoping the best for their patients.
Costs included IVF ~$6000, PGS screening (outsourced) ~$3500, medications (outsourced pharmacy) ~$5000. rough estimates. And ultrasounds cost ~$300 per visit
No comments, does not apply for us.
Raleigh
He [Dr. Park] was very friendly and showed compassion. He explained everything and made sure I understood what was done and the results... I felt welcomed and not like just another number he had to see that day. I didnt feel rush in my appointments. He took his time to explain results and the next steps. He had a warm feeling when he stepped into the room which was a great thing.... Hes great at going into details so you can fully understand. He wants you to leave the clinic fully aware
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask questions if you arent sure about anything. Hes great at going into details so you can fully understand. He wants you to leave the clinic fully aware
He was very friendly and showed compassion. He explained everything and made sure I understood what was done and the results
They were very friendly
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Whole staff is amazing! From the front desk to the nurses to the drs and finance dept! Front desk always greeted you with a warm smile and remembers your name! They made sure to work with your schedule when needing to schedule a next appt.
Place is high but with good insurance Its well taken care of
Raleigh
Park is the best doctor. Very understanding and takes his time with you. Always straight forward. I was in the middle of doing IVF when i got laid off from my job and had to stop the process. I did 3 rounds of IUI with Dr. Park... Dr.Park took his time with my husband and I. If we ever had questions he would be very straight forward.... If I remember I was on injections and was told to use 150 mg. I was on letrodzol for 3 days, and had to take the trigger shot once ready.
Be truthful
Nursing staff was great. They always called you on time. When in the office they were always so kind. This is the best staff hands down.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths of office is great friendly atmosphere. The weakness is the finiancial coordinators. They need to more compassionate and work with people more.
7k
Raleigh
Dr. Park was very easy to talk to and explained the processes well. He made my husband feel very comfortable (in an uncomfortable situation). I wish I would have actually seen him more throughout the process. These are very emotional situations and not easy to just talk to everyone you see. I would defiantly see Dr. Park again if I could afford too.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask numerous questions. He gives great detail. I learned a lot from him.
Very easy & pleasant to talk to.
I have low AHM levels so his strategy was for me to do daily injections to produce more eggs each month and let me know when it was time to have intercourse. I did 2 rounds of this. I also did 1 round of IUI. Again daily injections where to help me produce more eggs so I had a better chance to conceive.
From the front desk folks to all of the nurses everyone was very sweet and compassionate.
Overall very nice.
2 rounds of Timed Intercourse and 1 round of IUI Approx. $13,000.00
No embryos transferred I could not afford this.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Park] is an open book of great resources and information...With all we had going on, he was through, knowledgeable, compassionate, and wanted the same outcome we did. He listened to our complaints and frustrations and responded in a way that not only made us feel we were heard, but also alleviated our worries...reviewed our records to help us determine the best avenue for us to conceive.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask any and all questions you have. He is an open book of great resources and information. It's better to ask now instead of worrying about it later.
They listened to us, our concerns, and reviewed our records to help us determine the best avenue for us to conceive.
We didn't get to interact with them as much, but they were super friendly and understanding.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Unfortunately it is a two and a half hour drive but they work closely with a Wilmington clinic to do our monitoring.
It was $15,000 for services including $400 to freeze eggs, and medication would be between 3 to t thousand dollars.
He suggested no more than 3 but would consider less or no more than 4 depending on egg quality and development.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Park made me feel like he cared personally about my treatment. He asked me what I wanted to do and how I felt about things instead of just telling me what my next step was. I appreciated his care during my two IUIs and a mc....Dr. Park took time during my mc to make me feel normal and spent some extra time with me that really made me feel okay about things....Wait the necessary amount of time to see him instead of some of the others at the clinic.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I loved Dr Park but didn't really care for how they moved me around between doctors so much. I never really knew who i was going to see for a lot of the visits and that was frustrating. Overall I think they do a great job trying to do the best for all of their patients and would suggest that people try this clinic.
2012 - 2014
Dr Park has excellent bedside manners and was very clear and detailed in his explanations to me. He was always concerned that I was happy and clear on my next steps. He answered all of my questions and made me feel at ease not matter what the circumstances were... Dr Park was always concerned about my well being and ensuring we achieved our goal of starting a family.
2012 - 2014
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
You will be happy that you selected him as you Doctor. Please ask all of your questions he is excellent with addressing questions and ensuring you are informed about your options.
They were very pleasant every time I came for a visit. They explained what would be happening at each visit and ask if I had any questions about what was talking place.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very patient focused and great customer service and bedside manners
Raleigh
He [Dr. John Park] was very kind and made me feel at ease instead of a number. Fertility is a delicate subject and he had a perfect balance between bluntness and compassion. It can be awkward going to these appointments, but Dr Park always did a great job making me feel less awkward! He has a great bedside manner and answered all my questions while also explaining things so I could understand them.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He was very kind and made me feel at ease instead of a number. Fertility is a delicate subject and he had a perfect balance between bluntness and compassion. It can be awkward going to these appointments, but Dr Park always did a great job making me feel less awkward! He has a great bedside manner and answered all my questions while also explaining things so I could understand them.
Be ready with questions because he's great with answers!
Normally I seek out women doctors because I'm not entirely comfortable talking about these things with men... but Dr Park made me feel comfortable and was very kind during my visit. He explained what was happening during my HSG and answered all my questions.
I don't remember it was so long ago.
Kind and informative. They answered my questions and were polite.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: great front staff, nurses, and doctors that answer questions! Weaknesses: wait time can be a little long
I remember the HSG was $500
2010 - 2014
Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. John Park] was attentive and helped us understand process. He also led us through the process professionally and was kind toward us. I personally would have preferred to only see female doctors but because of on-call schedule that was not possible. But that is just a personal preference..., I felt they didn't explain if an exam was uneccessary. I felt I had to 'push' to not do it if I felt I didn't need it.
2010 - 2014
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He was attentive and helped us understand process. He also led us through the process professionally and was kind toward us. I personally would have preferred to only see female doctors but because of on-call schedule that was not possible. But that is just a personal preference.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
I really don't remember specifics as it was a bit of a blur.
They helped so much in the process. I liked them all so much.
I can't remember. But we spent a total of maybe $25,000 total for IVF transfer and 2 frozen transfers. One thing that really bothered me was the price of storage. It was too high and went up a lot and a patient has no choice but to pay because you can't lose them and transferring to another place is cost prohibitive. Also, I felt they didn't explain if an exam was uneccessary. I felt I had to 'push' to not do it if I felt I didn't need it.
2012 - 2013
Dr. Park is a well educated, easy to talk to doctor. He didn't make me nervous, and was very compassionate with our miscarriage...Dr. Park easily connects with his patients. He's genuine, educated and easy to talk to... Dr. Park is a trusted and respected individual.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park is a well educated, easy to talk to doctor. He didn't make me nervous, and was very compassionate with our miscarriage. (Everyone is the entire practice was very compassionate) Dr. Park is a trusted and respected individual.
Ask questions and take notes.
The nurses are very personable and also are very knowledgeable. They greet each patient with a smile, sometimes a hug and make you feel like a person and not just a number.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I like that they see patients early in the morning starting at 7:30. I would like to see an even earlier start time of 7:15 because of my work schedule, but that's a big ask for 1 patient!
Total of 2 IUIs for about $6500 total
1 IUI, IVF
PCOS, Unexplained
I did not always see Dr. Park during appointments...He took time to thoroughly explain procedure and answer all out questions. When I had more questions after the appointment he would email or call within 24 hours. He was sensitive to my anxieties, especially when I miscarried...You can trust him!
1 IUI, IVF
You can trust him!
I did not always see Dr. Park during appointments.
They are extremely friendly and make patients feel comfortable. They are knowledgeable and answer questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Friendly, accommodating, and clean! ......................................................................................................................................................
Approximately $18,000 for complete IVF cycle with PGS, ICSI, and glue. $4,000 for FET.
I appreciate that the practice is trying to provide patients with a healthy, live baby and not just increasing their data.
Raleigh
Dr. Park was very nice. He explained everything in detail and never made you feel like you were an inconvenience when asking multiple questions. He took the time to show diagrams to help explain things as well. He listened to all fears and concerns. I would definitely go back and see Dr. Park again!!... Carolina Conceptions works as a team, so even though Dr. Park is your primary physician, you won't only be cared for by him. The other physicians will also take part in your care. So don't be frustrated if one of the other physicians are the ones doing one of your procedures.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Ask lots of questions and he [Dr. John Park] will answer them truthful...Dr. Park walked me thru the differences in the procedures. Was truthful in instances that needed to be and at the same time compassionate. Only thing I would had liked, is that he profrom all my procedures. But the other doctors were just as good as well...Helped us out when we had questions and helped us thru tough times
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask lots of questions and he will answer them truthful.
They were there all the steps of the way. Helped us out when we had questions and helped us thru tough times
They would call back, when I would leave a message. Walk me Thur how to give myself the medications I needed to inject.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk is very compassionate and helpful and they know you by name and welcome you with friendly smiles. Make every effort to get an appointment that will work with you.
Raleigh
Dr. Park was very professional and shared medical information in layman's terms. He took the time to explain procedures in depth and to answer every question we had. He showed compassion when we had a miscarriage and shared our hope and joy when we got pregnant during a following procedure...Ask if you have any questions. He will take the time to answer them...
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask if you have any questions. He will take the time to answer them.
The nursing staff was joyful, compassionate, and sweet.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is very organized and timely. We have worked with all of the doctors on staff and each has provided excellent care. The nursing staff is always optimistic and careful. All staff members were always hopeful for us and personable.