Available by cell phone
ResidencyEmory
FellowshipEmory
2601 Lake Dr
Raleigh, NC 27607
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Park to a friend?

6.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolina Conceptions to a friend?
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
He [Dr. John Park] called me personally after my monitoring clinic didn’t get the results of my negative pregnancy test until the day after I was supposed to get the news. He met with us the day after to talk about how he recommended getting an ERA before I lost more of my remaining embryos. He took time and gracefully answered all my questions...He in detail described results of egg retrieval with my husband...He will make you feel calm and all your questions will be answered.
They are a great clinic [Carolina Conceptions]. Well oiled machine. They took the time to make sure I knew what was going on. They communicated well and made sure all my questions were answered. The office staff was personable and always met my needs...It was suggested now that I do ERA to get my lining timing right for next transfer...They [nurses] responded to emails quickly. I really would have liked one point person- ended up talking to them all.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He took time to talk with my husband and I during our meeting. He in detail described results of egg retrieval with my husband. He called me personally with my negative results after my first transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Go see him. He will make you feel calm and all your questions will be answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He called me personally after my monitoring clinic didn’t get the results of my negative pregnancy test until the day after I was supposed to get the news. He met with us the day after to talk about how he recommended getting an ERA before I lost more of my remaining embryos. He took time and gracefully answered all my questions.
Describe the protocols John Park used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
We did gonal f injections plus Lupron for my trigger shot then egg retrieval. We did PGS testing in another lab. We then had to do progesterone shots plus estrogen pills 5x a day and monitoring before the first retrieval. It didn’t work. It was suggested now that I do ERA to get my lining timing right for next transfer. We are taking time off ( a couple months ) before the ERA to let my bod get back to normal.
They responded to emails quickly. I really would have liked one point person- ended up talking to them all.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are a great clinic. Well oiled machine. They took the time to make sure I knew what was going on. They communicated well and made sure all my questions were answered. The office staff was personable and always met my needs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Carolina Conceptions.
We had to work at a remote monitoring office because I live 2 hours away in Wilmington NC. Glen Meade has a lot of problems communicating with CC. Like on the day I was supposed to find out if I was pregnant I had to wait a whole other day because they didn’t order the bloodwork STAT.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Park at Carolina Conceptions.
15,000 all services plus 2500 medicines
Describe John Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
Only one embryo allowed in my tummy at a time is the rule at Carolina conceptions.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions.

Dr. Park immediately spoke to myself and my husband like old family friends he was trying to help start a family. He spared no details on his explanations and addressed most of our concerns before we even said them out loud ... He thoroughly explained where we were at, all of our options, and all potential outcomes. He cares enough to respond to my weekend and late night emails without complaint
I came to Carolina Conceptions after going to a fertility clinic with over an hour wait each visit, impersonal staff, and a doctor that could barely even be bothered to give me eye contact. This clinic honestly has no weaknesses. The decor is beautiful, staff is friendly, and the appointments are efficient. I've never had to wait more than an hour to hear back from a phone call or email.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was amazing from the second we sat down in his office. He thoroughly explained where we were at, all of our options, and all potential outcomes. He cares enough to respond to my weekend and late night emails without complaint
Be open and honest. He's here to help
Treatment is ongoing, but for my first round of IUI, we opted out of hormones since my egg production is healthy. I did an HCG trigger shit injection to induce ovulation, then did 1IUI cycle. It did not result in a pregnancy, but did find a small polyp on my uterus. Dr. Park advised that I get that removed, then will participate in an IVF study in November
The most friendly nursing staff on the planet. They knew me by my second appointment, and always have at least one good chat every visit
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
My insurance doesn't cover fertility so everything except my labs were out of pocket. Dr. Park knew this and has always done his best to accommodate

2015 - 2019
I felt like a human. Obviously I’m sure he [Dr. Park] refreshed his memory before each visit but I always felt like I was one of his patients out of a few... he was so patient with all of my questions. Even during non business hours which was life saving. Like I remember a Saturday I sent him the longest email in tizzy. He called me!... He gave me the option of how aggressive I wanted to start my treatment as! Which was awesome.
They [Carolina Conceptions] once tested the wrong thing... Just a blood test and luckily we didn’t miss anything. I think the clinic is standard. The receptionist I love left a couple months ago. She was so sweet and efficient.... And they didn’t put in a script once - I had to call them twice to put it in! But that’s not really a big deal to me....every ultrasound, shot, pill was usually pretty costly. But I think that’s across clinics. Trying to get better insurance coverage for infertility
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I am on the younger side. I went to CC because my previous doctor didn’t really take me seriously. But who are you to say when I get to start a family. Based on my timeline (6 months without catching ovulation) it was time to take the next step and she said to just wait it out. So when I went to Dr Park I was completely accepted. I saw him two different times. (Phases you could call them). Phase one was the longest. We tried multiple months. He was great and helpful along the way. As mentioned in my last question - he was so patient with all of my questions. Even during non business hours which was life saving. Like I remember a Saturday I sent him the longest email in tizzy. He called me! Infertility is a way different practice then typical medical issues. Things happen all out of sorts and it was so nice feeling accepted. I never felt like I was annoying him even though I’m sure I was lol. Weaknesses? I can’t think of any. Maybe one - I had to suggest adding in one extra normal med to help with my lining. My friend had it (she also went to cc) we have similar issues so I was curious as to why I didn’t have that too. Still not sure! But he added it in anyway. But it just kinda made me second think what else could I be doing!? But overall I trust him. But still did my own research and consulted other patients.
Take a deep breath. Not only will he help you start a family (in hopes) but he will forever be a part of yours.
I felt like a human. Obviously I’m sure he refreshed his memory before each visit but I always felt like I was one of his patients out of a few...verse the amount he actually treats! Not to mention his patience with all my questions. Infertility is a rollercoaster. You are constantly asking questions and needing reassurance. He provided that.
I will have very little specifics. I’m sorry I’m advance! I couldn’t pronounce half of the stuff I was doing. I knew what they were all for though! Increase Follicle size. Forced ovulation. Increase follicles. Strengthen lining. He gave me the option of how aggressive I wanted to start my treatment as! Which was awesome. I chose the less aggressive because I was early on and the others were way more expensive.
They were fine. Not over the top. It certainly not negative.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They once tested the wrong thing 🤦🏼‍♀️ Just a blood test and luckily we didn’t miss anything. I think the clinic is standard. The receptionist I love left a couple months ago. She was so sweet and efficient.
Infertility is. So. Ex. Pen. Sive. (So expensive) we had insurance. But still every ultrasound, shot, pill was usually pretty costly. But I think that’s across clinics. Trying to get better insurance coverage for infertility !!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Dr Park is great at explaining things in a way that we, the patient, will understand. He also never makes us feel rushed and allows us allotted time to ask whatever questions we may have. When I’ve contacted him rather by email or phone, he has always gotten back to me and was very responsive.... I have a luteal phase defect and all of my bloodwork came back normal, my husbands SA was fine, I did the HSG so the next step was to do a medicated monitored cycle with timed intercourse.
My only complaint about the clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is that it’s hard to get an appointment but I understand that is because they are just that busy. There has been a few times where we had to wait extra days before seeing the doctor because of scheduling. But like I said, I get. The clinic staff is always friendly and helpful. They’ve seen me through two miscarriages now and are always very compassionate
European, Middle Eastern
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Park is great at explaining things in a way that we, the patient, will understand. He also never makes us feel rushed and allows us allotted time to ask whatever questions we may have. When I’ve contacted him rather by email or phone, he has always gotten back to me and was very responsive. I don’t know his weaknesses at this point because he’s been great so far.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. I literally go in with my notebook and ask every queStion that I possibly have!
Dr Park is very caring and personable but also gives it to you straight. We feel like we can genuinely trust him as he guides us through infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss.
I have a luteal phase defect and all of my bloodwork came back normal, my husbands SA was fine, I did the HSG so the next step was to do a medicated monitored cycle with timed intercourse. We did Letrozole, ovidrel and I used progesterone suppositories. We got pregnant on the first cycle but unfortunately miscarried.
So far my experience with the nursing staff has been great! They are always quick to return a call, send in a prescription, rely a message to dr Park. After each of my losses they really showed compassion when speaking to me on the phone, too.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
My only complaint about the clinic is that it’s hard to get an appointment but I understand that is because they are just that busy. There has been a few times where we had to wait extra days before seeing the doctor because of scheduling. But like I said, I get. The clinic staff is always friendly and helpful. They’ve seen me through two miscarriages now and are always very compassionate
Unfortunately we don’t have great insurance so we have had to spend a bit out of pocket but Dr Park and the financial advisor, are both great at helping us determine costs before each procedure or scan.

2017 - 2019
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] has a huge clientele, one that far outweighs their staff numbers in my opinion. I was not assigned a nurse, which was one of my biggest complaints going through the process when questions or issues would come up outside of hours. The clinic also does not offer any sort of in house financing options, nor do they accept common payment forms like Care Credit.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very professional and explained things well during my consult. When we started treatment, we were happy to hear that Dr. Park did not think we would need to consider IVF, as he felt we would likely conceive from IUI, but that it possibly make take a few attempts. He was also was considerate of my lack of infertility coverage through insurance, and factored that in to medication options, appointment coding (though nothing about IUI was covered), and attempted to balance a good treatment approach while being cost effective at the same time. My disappointment came when Dr. Park didn't see me, or follow up with me during or after either of my IUI's. The 2 week wait is such a roller coaster of emotions, and it would have helped ease my mind to hear from him (or someone) to see how I was feeling, or at least a check in to see if I had a positive pregnancy test at the end. I think that Dr. Park is very knowledgable, and one of the best in his field, but I didn't feel like things and approaches were always thought through as well as they could have been. The clinic is a VERY busy practice and it's impossible to please everyone, but I think unless you're an IVF patient, you don't get the same level of care.
Advocate for yourself! If you feel like something should be added to your protocol, tell him. If something said or certain instructions don't sound right to you, question it! They're human and make mistakes too, so always do you research, know whats what, and don't be afraid to ask! It's easy to feel like you're being bothersome by asking lots of questions, but when you're paying them a lot of money, you should always feel like you're being heard and taken well care of.
I felt like because I was only doing IUI and not paying thousands and thousands of dollars for IVF, my needs and concerns were not as carefully considered once treatment started. Both IUI's, the nurse did the insemination and I didn't see the Dr at any of my appointments beyond my consultation. I felt like I left my first IUI without a clear understanding of what I could and couldn't take (I get headaches, so having a confident, clear understanding of what was safe, was not provided to me initially). Basically I felt like a lot of information was withheld until I asked about it, including, but not limited to more cost effective way to obtain the medications I needed.
Dr. Park thought we would be successful with a basic round of IUI. My protocol was baseline ultrasound, followed by low stimulation (letrozol only), 2nd monitoring ultrasound and finally the trigger shot before insemination day. While I was going through treatment, I had spoke to several friends also going through treatment, as well as my own researched, and I was curious why progesterone wasn't part of my protocol, especially with my history of spotting after ovulation, deeming me to have a "luteal phase deficiency". Dr. Park agreed that it couldn't hurt, so we added progesterone suppositories to my second cycle, which seemed to help, but still did not result in a pregnancy. After 2 failed cycles, I contacted Dr. Park to see if he had any insight on why we weren't successful yet. He confirmed that I responded exactly as I should have to the meds, and my husbands sample was just fine on insemination day, and that basically we just needed to keep trying, as IUI can often take multiple attempts. After that, we stopped treatment to gather our thoughts, reassess finances and just emotionally get over our 2 failed attempts.
The nursing staff was always pleasant at each visit. In fact, after my initial consultation, the nurses were the only ones I saw at each visit. I was not assigned a nurse, so when I would contact the nurse line for questions, they were all pleasant and helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic has a huge clientele, one that far outweighs their staff numbers in my opinion. I was not assigned a nurse, which was one of my biggest complaints going through the process when questions or issues would come up outside of hours. The clinic also does not offer any sort of in house financing options, nor do they accept common payment forms like Care Credit. Infertility treatment is a huge financial burden for so many, and having some options would help so many, including myself. Otherwise, everyone is prompt, friendly, compassionate and knowledgable.
For a very basic approach, our cost was around $1500 each attempt. Future attempts will be more aggressive and much more expensive. Monitoring ultrasouds: $250/each. I only needed 2 Semen Analysis: $148 Meds: around $300 (letrozole and ovidrell) Insemination day: $480
I haven't done IVF yet, though we were asked by our Dr if we were interested in an IVF clinical trial. We're currently working on securing funds to proceed with the IVF clinical trial, or continue with further IUI attempts.
+ Read more- Read less

When meeting with Dr.Parks he always explains every detail down to the core. He uses diagrams and pictures to show specifically what he is talking about throughout the doctor visit. Furthermore, he exceeds expectations of what a person struggling with infertility would expect of there doctor.... The first time meeting with Dr. Parks I noticed that he was a wonderful listener. I explained the problems we were having and he used his critical thinking to narrow down the problem that could be leading to our infertility. Immediately after listening to our problems he began diagnostics to narrow the problem down specifically. Next, he gave us our options and was willing to work with us all across the board.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is very flexible. The staff is nice and have always treated me with the upmost respect throughout my stuggles. This clinic is dependable, flexible, friendly, and have hard working employees. Also, very punctual which is important when going through this journey... She [the nurse] is wonderful. Anytime, I send her a message she will respond back within minutes. It could be in the middle of the night and she always provide me with an answer.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
To provide all of the information needed to have a successful journey because he is willing to listen and find the best option for his patients.
Well my protocol is the lupron protocol. Being that my amh is higher it appears to work better to try bcp and lupron to prevent the chances of ohss which is very important to prevent a uncessful cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
She is wonderful. Anytime, I send her a message she will respond back within minutes. It could be in the middle of the night and she always provide me with an answer.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is very flexible. The staff is nice and have always treated me with the upmost respect throughout my stuggles. This clinic is dependable, flexible, friendly, and have hard working employees. Also, very punctual which is important when going through this journey.
The costs for IVF are high. However,this clinic provides patients with a financial advisor.
My clinic prefer to use a single embryo transfer for those who are under 35 to prevent complications from multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park made sure to thoroughly explain our treatment plan each appointment as things progressed and evolved, and at the very beginning gave us a detailed explanation about what different treatment options would look like if throughout testing they were deemed as necessary. It was always easy to get an appointment with him, which made the fertility process go so much faster. After only 3 months we were able to get pregnant!...
They [Carolina Conceptions] also made sure you could talk to a financial counselor at any point that would lay out what everything would cost...The clinic was clean, and all of the support staff was very helpful and kind! Everyone went above and beyond to make sure you had a good experience. It was very easy to make appointments, whether that was with the lab for bloodwork or with a doctor...I underwent basic testing (HSG, various bloodwork) and they discovered that I was not ovulating regularly. I was put on a protocol of letrozole followed by a shot of Ovidrel and timed intercourse. We were able to get pregnant that very first cycle!
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I could not have imagined a better experience. Dr. Park made sure to thoroughly explain our treatment plan each appointment as things progressed and evolved, and at the very beginning gave us a detailed explanation about what different treatment options would look like if throughout testing they were deemed as necessary. It was always easy to get an appointment with him, which made the fertility process go so much faster. After only 3 months we were able to get pregnant!
Trust him, and don't be afraid to ask questions. He is a great doctor and is very helpful at answering any questions you may have.
Dr. Park was extremely kind and supportive throughout our care with him. He was empathetic to how difficult it is to struggle with infertility and always took the time to answer our questions so that we never felt rushed during an appointment. He had a phenomenal bedside manner!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was clean, and all of the support staff was very helpful and kind! Everyone went above and beyond to make sure you had a good experience. It was very easy to make appointments, whether that was with the lab for bloodwork or with a doctor. They also had a financial coordinator who was always available to let you know how much each test would cost, so you weren't blindsided.
Most all procedures or appointments were far more reasonable than I anticipated. They also made sure you could talk to a financial counselor at any point that would lay out what everything would cost.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Not much change between cycles to better suit my specific needs [with Dr John Park]. We were always shown statistics on why the procedures should have worked rather than trying to figure out what it was specifically about me that was going wrong...was very kind, but unfortunately he just didn’t have any answers as to why our procedures kept failing. He was patient with us at every appointment and was very understanding of our frustrations that worsened after every failed attempt
Costs [at Carolina Conceptions]...affordable, compared to what we were expecting. IVF was about $15,000 for our protocol...Appointment start times often ran late. The clinic was extremely busy at all times and it did feel a bit like a conveyer belt. Availability with Dr. Park we’re often 4-6 weeks out. Would have been helpful if some appointment times were held for necessary last minute appointments...The head nurse, Terry was absolutely amazing. I always felt well taken care of whenever we were seen.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very kind, but unfortunately he just didn’t have any answers as to why our procedures kept failing. He was patient with us at every appointment and was very understanding of our frustrations that worsened after every failed attempt
Do your own research and bring your own suggestions (acupuncture, diet, supplements, etc.)
Not much change between cycles to better suit my specific needs. We were always shown statistics on why the procedures should have worked rather than trying to figure out what it was specifically about me that was going wrong.
We completed three rounds of clinic with IUI. We were given the option of times intercourses, but wanted to try to be as proactive as possible. I triggered these rounds with ovidrel only. These resulted in 3 negative pregnancy tests. We then moved on to Invocell IVF with limited stimulation. This resulted in only 2 eggs retrieved and neither inseminating. Then we did two rounds of traditional IVF with very limited changes in dosage on the second round. The first resulted in 26 eggs retrieved, 4 embryos sent for PGS testing on day 6, and 0 coming back normal. The second resulted in 29 eggs retrieved, with 0 progressing normally on day 3.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Costs were e trembly affordable, compared to what we were expecting. IVF was about $15,000 for our protocol.
We never reached a stage where this decision had to be made, so I’m unsure.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Park was very understanding and personable during our visit with him. He told us multiple options we had in moving forward and never put any pressure on us, which made us very comfortable under his care.... My husband and I did a round of the IUI treatment. Dr Park explained what to expect throughout the process and even got us started that day after our consultation which was great. We started with the initial ultrasound and then went home and took our oral medications as prescribed.
I do think the front desk and nursing staff [Carolina Conceptions] could be a little more friendly and personable. I understand they see lots of people everyday but they didn’t seem very “warm and welcoming” as the doctor did.... Most of the nurses seemed friendly but weren’t very personable. They made me feel much more like a number rather than a patient.... We paid a consultation fee, the fee for each ultrasound done, and then the fee for the procedure itself.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Park was very understanding and personable during our visit with him. He told us multiple options we had in moving forward and never put any pressure on us, which made us very comfortable under his care. We are planning to see him again within the next month for further treatment and we are looking forward to it! He’s very informative and knowledgeable about the treatments he suggests and is very thorough in explaining each one.
Just to keep up the great work!
Dr. Park was wonderful and very informative to my husband and I. He seemed to really care about pointing us in the right direction and getting us the treatment we need to be able to conceive. Highly recommend him to anyone!
My husband and I did a round of the IUI treatment. Dr Park explained what to expect throughout the process and even got us started that day after our consultation which was great. We started with the initial ultrasound and then went home and took our oral medications as prescribed. He told me what day to do my injection to trigger ovulation and then scheduled what day to come in for the insemenation. Unfortunately we didn’t conceive during that round of IUI but plan to go back soon to talk to Dr Park again about further treatment options.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Dr Parks was wonderful and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a fertility specialist physician. I do think the front desk and nursing staff could be a little more friendly and personable. I understand they see lots of people everyday but they didn’t seem very “warm and welcoming” as the doctor did.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. John Park] just seems to get it and understand all the emotions involved with such a hard diagnosis. He truly will do anything to help you get to the ultimate goal of having a baby...He is quick to listen and hear out your concern...He called us from his personal phone the day we got the call saying our embryo didn’t make it and we weren’t pregnant. He stood by us and gave us options when we were ready to try again. He was very patient and explained each option thoroughly. He didn’t take any of it lightly.
I would recommend [Carolina Conceptions] a million times over...they have become family. They excel in every area...Everyone has been excellent both last time and this current time! All have been very supportive and amazing... and patient... sooooo patient...The first round of IVF with no insurance help was probably close to 15K... this time around with egg donor and insurance I would say it will be closer to 14K with meds
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
We love Dr. Park. He is quick to listen and hear out your concern. He treats you like a human and not just a vagina. I can literally not say enough good things about him. He has seen us through thick and thin. Through smiles and excicwment to heartbreak and tears. He called us from his personal phone the day we got the call saying our embryo didn’t make it and we weren’t pregnant. He stood by us and gave us options when we were ready to try again. He was very patient and explained each option thoroughly. He didn’t take any of it lightly. He just seems to get it and understand all the emotions involved with such a hard diagnosis. He truly will do anything to help you get to the ultimate goal of having a baby. We are in the final couple of weeks before transferring our egg donor embryo, so I will definitely update that experience as well!
Be open. Tell him your concerns... don’t hold back. Relax. You’re in good hands.
Working in health care I am extremely picky when it comes to how I treat patients and in turn how I am treated as a patient. Bedside manner is extremely important. Dr. Park won my husband over the second we walked in the door(he’s not a huge fan of guy doctors when it comes to female issues)... but from the second we walked in... a good firm hand shake and seeing pictures of football and other interests they had in common, everything just seemed to click. Dr. Park heard our every concern, gently explained all our options... always has and still it very supportive. I have recommended numerous friends to him. Working night shift, I always seem to have questions late night and will email him. He responds right away even at 11pm. Dr. Park did my surgery to remove my tubes. Of course, we were very hesistant but after he explained why this would be the better option, it was a no brainer. And after the surgery and hearing the report, I was so thankful we went through with it. I had no idea how sick my tubes truly were. When our first round of IVF failed, he was so incredibly sympathetic and supportive. A year later when we knew egg donor was our only option, he was very supportive of our decision with this and was excited when I showed him who I wanted off the list! He has stood by us thick and thin and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is the absolute best. He listens. He truly cares. And although he knows his stuff and is extremely thorough.... the listening and caring part come first because if I don’t feel heard, I cannot trust you to take care of me.
We realized my tubes were blocked pretty much instantly. My appendix burst when I was a kid and I had gangrene. It completely destroyed by tubes and ovaries(we didn’t know my ovaries had taken a hit until after retrieval). We stimulated my ovaries with menopur and gonal-f. I had checks every couple of days. We retrieved and when I was noticed thede
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We went to a place prior to this and got lots of medical field insight on other places... I would recommend CC a million times over... they have become family. They excel in every area. I am so thankful we chose to go with them and for the people that highly recommended them to us!

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr Park was very patient with me as I asked all of my questions. He made me feel more comfortable with the whole process from the moment we shook hands. He was very punctual in his responses and even called me one night to check on me after a particularly taxing day.... The first step for us was to be on birth control for at least two weeks. We went in for the shot class and we were able to start our cycle of the three days later. It started with Menopur and Gonal shots.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. I am very thankful to be going through this process with Dr Park and the staff at Carolina Conceptions. They were very knowledgeable, compassionate, helpful, and patient when I asked my many questions.... I did my monitoring visits at my local OBGYN. Carolina Conceptions did an awesome job working with my local OBGYN.... The IVF cost was broken down into monitoring visits, baseline ultrasound, monitoring fees
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I can’t say enough great things about Dr Park. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate, and has been wonderful to work with. He has made this tough situation a lot more pleasant. He went out of his way to make my husband and I more comfortable with everything going on and make sure that we knew all the steps that we were fixing to take.
Don’t hesitate to ask all your questions.
Dr Park was very patient with me as I asked all of my questions. He made me feel more comfortable with the whole process from the moment we shook hands. He was very punctual in his responses and even called me one night to check on me after a particularly taxing day. He has made this whole experience less stressful and I am thankful to have him as my doctor.
The first step for us was to be on birth control for at least two weeks. We went in for the shot class and we were able to start our cycle of the three days later. It started with Menopur and Gonal shots. I went in for maintenance appointments that included lab work and ultrasounds. We had to adjust my Gonal dosage because my follicles were not progressing the way that they wanted them to. After increasing my dosage my follicles looked great. Unfortunately, my progesterone level was too high at that point so my cycle was canceled after the egg retrieval. I am currently in the frozen embryo transfer cycle and will hopefully have the transfer in the next couple of days.
They were all extremely nice and were very helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I don’t live in the Raleigh area and have to commute for the “big appointments “. I did my monitoring visits at my local OBGYN. Carolina Conceptions did an awesome job working with my local OBGYN.
The IVF cost was broken down into monitoring visits, baseline ultrasound, monitoring fees (especially if you’re using your local OBGYN instead), medications, etc.
Dr Park strongly suggests only transferring 1 embryo. His reasoning is due to the major risks associated with multiples. He also stated that if a woman has health issues, above the age of 35, and/or failed IVF cycles they will transfer more than 1 embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

When I went to Dr Park I was at ease. He not only set a plan in place for us but also took the time to explain every test and every single result from the last 2 yrs. He was so kind and caring he didn’t rush he actually cares and I could tell.... I was very nervous mostly because of my age when I went for my appt. Dr. Park got that and put me at ease.... We put a plan in place depending on results we received with my blood work. He was very factual but caring at the same time.
From the minute you walk in they [Carolina Conceptions] greet you with a smile offer you a drink and snack if you would like and ease your worries. The kindness was so nice. This is a scary time and to be treated with compassion and even hugs was so helpful to me.... They gave me a very detailed break down of possible up coming costs and would attempt to have insurance pay for anything they could. They allow payments also for some things and are reasonable also.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I was very nervous mostly because of my age when I went for my appt. Dr. Park got that and put me at ease. He didn’t sugar coat anything explained every single test to me as well as those we have had the last 2 yrs including my results. We put a plan in place depending on results we received with my blood work. He was very factual but caring at the same time. Even though I am a nurse I am not an expert in this area and he explained it so I truly got it! All the confusion I have had in the last 2 yrs was gone after my appointment with him.
Ask him anything you will never be a number with Dr. Park. He does not present with the I am a Dr complex he will tell you the truth absolutely.
I previously had been going to another infertility office and they made me feel like a number there. When I went to Dr Park I was at ease. He not only set a plan in place for us but also took the time to explain every test and every single result from the last 2 yrs. He was so kind and caring he didn’t rush he actually cares and I could tell.
We began with reviewing my past tests and my spouses also. He fully explained all the results to me so I got it fully. Then we put a plan in place. Thankfully my AMH has some how gone up so now we will be doing an HSG to make sure I have patent tubes. If this is all ok then we will do injections with IUI. He told me about clomid and that we will not be using that and why. If tubes are blocked bilaterally only option will be IVF. I am fully aware of all angles and realize that if this is the case a baby will most likely not happen as we can not afford it. I did not leave with a false sense of hope just 100% knowledge which honestly was refreshing for myself and my husband.
From the front desk to the nurse the kindness and compassion was from when I walked in the door. They knew I was scared and nervous and they completely eased that.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have been to another clinic which was cold and very business like. Carolina Conceptions is nothing like that. From the minute you walk in they greet you with a smile offer you a drink and snack if you would like and ease your worries. The kindness was so nice. This is a scary time and to be treated with compassion and even hugs was so helpful to me.
My insurance paid for the first visit and lab work I just had a copay. They gave me a very detailed break down of possible up coming costs and would attempt to have insurance pay for anything they could. They allow payments also for some things and are reasonable also.
None as we have not discussed this
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park always reviews my chart prior to seeing him so during our conversations he is completely current with what is happening and does not need to reference his notes while talking to me.... I have been very impressed with the encounters I have had with Dr. Park. He was the second reproductive endocrinologist we met with. Immediately he surprised me with how blunt he was with statistics and information.... The blunt delivery of information was new to me, but I realized that I really need information put like that in order to make the best treatment decisions.
I think this is a very welcoming clinic. The office manager [Carolina Conceptions] is great at what she does and is so upbeat you can't help but feel good things will happen. Going through this process is very uncomfortable, but I do think the staff understands that and does what they can to put you at ease.... I think the cost of the IUI was around $800 including all fees. This was including remote monitoring fee, the procedure itself, and medication. We have been quoted around $10,000 for IVF plus the separate cost of medications. This is included a $2000 discount for being a registered nurse.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I have been very impressed with the encounters I have had with Dr. Park. He was the second reproductive endocrinologist we met with. Immediately he surprised me with how blunt he was with statistics and information. I was stunned when I found out the statistics of success for previous cycles and treatments we had done with another doctor. The blunt delivery of information was new to me, but I realized that I really need information put like that in order to make the best treatment decisions. My husband and I are about to start IVF and we would've never been able to make this decision with ease without knowing the straight forward facts and statistics that Dr. Park provided.
I would recommend going to each appointment with a list of specific questions and a pen and paper. He gives such detailed answers and it is easy to think you will remember all this information later, but it is nearly impossible. I took notes with all of my conversations with him and it helped a lot. I always felt very informed and capable of making a good treatment decision after speaking with him.
Dr. Park always reviews my chart prior to seeing him so during our conversations he is completely current with what is happening and does not need to reference his notes while talking to me. Anytime I have emailed him with questions he calls me back instead of emails and offers detailed answers. He has never made me feel like there was a stupid question to ask.
I am about to start IVF treatment with Dr. Park, so I can't yet speak on that protocol. However, I did complete an IUI treatment with him. I was on Letrozole for 5 days, days 3-7, and had a total of 2 ultrasounds. One was a baseline ultrasound and the other was on day 12. I was then told to inject with Ovidrel on day 14 and went in for the IUI on day 16. Unfortunately this was an unsuccessful procedure, but I was prepared for this news because Dr. Park had told us the chance of success was only 10%.
I have not had much experience as of yet with the nursing staff. I think I will have a lot of time to get to know them during the IVF process. For the IUI procedure, I think it was a medical assistant that assisted the doctor.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think this is a very welcoming clinic. The office manager is great at what she does and is so upbeat you can't help but feel good things will happen. Going through this process is very uncomfortable, but I do think the staff understands that and does what they can to put you at ease.
I know for our situation, unexplained infertility, Dr. Park is firm on transferring one embryo. He may be open to transferring multiple embryos if we pushed for it, but we have not done so as we do not want the additional risks.
+ Read more- Read less

This clinic [Carolina Conceptions] works with you no matter your schedule. They are understanding, compassionate and patient. They become like family to you and can recall your face and name at every visit. They become very involved in your care (your excitement, your disappointment, your concerns overall) and make you feel like you’re not alone.... IUI was $480 Ultrasounds out of pocket were $250 The actual IVF cost from the clinic was $10,215
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park is compassionate and caring. He is everything we ever wanted in a fertility doctor to help us along this journey. His bed side manner is outstanding and he made adjustments to our plan of care as needed, with full descriptions and knowledge provided before moving forward. On a Tuesday this past January, our cycle consisted of very low dose Gonal F injections to create 2-3 eggs with a higher chance of IUI working. My body responded “too well” to the meds and during my scan, it was revealed that I had 10 resting follicles. Dr. Park was extremely empathetic and suggested cancelling the cycle, due to the high risk of multiples, however, also suggested converting to IVF. He mentioned that when a patient goes through injections for an egg retrieval, their goal is to have 10-15 eggs. My body had done just that with an extremely small dose of medicine. He explained how much we would also be saving, not having to spend the $4,000 to $8,000 on injections to create this number of eggs. For the short moment we were devastated to have a canceled cycle, we were enthralled at the opportunity of IVF. Within 18 hours of deciding which route to go, and collecting every penny we could scratch, we converted to IVF! Dr. Park was even surprised that we were so quick and spontaneous to go through with such a huge decision, though we had already contemplated this route for the future. My egg retrieval was scheduled for that Friday, and a 5 day fresh transfer was scheduled the following Wednesday. Dr. Grace Couchman conducted the egg retrieval and transfer and she was so wonderful and sweet! Just 9 days later, we had our first beta test revealing the number 240! And just 3 days later, another beta at 793! We could not believe it! We had our first ultrasound on February 27 where we saw the heartbeat of our miracle baby, who was measuring 2 days ahead! We were 6 weeks, 6 days at the time. Today, March 9, we have our second OB appointment with Dr. Park at 8 weeks, 2 days. He mentioned the possibility to be “discharged” from their care and to stop all mediciations including progesterone injections if everything looks good! I cannot imagine going down this road with any other practice or physician. We have 4 frozen miracles that await for our future. Until then, our miracle baby inside continues to grow and be strong! We can’t ever repay Dr. Park and his team for what they have given us; everything we could ever want in this crazy, beautiful life...a child from above and a family!!
Look no further. This is your practice and physician. You will be highly pleased and satisfied with the A+ care you will receive!
This practice exceeded our expectations. Our time has always been valued, we have never felt rushed or left with questions following an appointment. These physicians truly care about their patients and their desire to start a family.
September 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. October 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. November 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and timed intercourse. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. December 2017- letrozole days 3-7, ovidrel and IUI (54 million swimmers). Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. January 2018- letrozole days 3-7, golal f 150 days 7, 8, 9, scan showed no activity continued for days 10, 11, 12, scan showed too many eggs, took cetritide to stall ovulation and another dose of gonal f 150 (this being day 13). Day 14 nothing. Day 15 egg retrieval. Day 20: 5 day embryo transfer. POSITIVE PREGNANCY TESTS 6 days after transfer, beta tests on day 9: 240 and day 12: 793!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terri Hunter)
All the nursing staff exceeded my expectations, especially Mrs. Hunter. She is phenomenal. I can’t say enough good things about her. She will drop whatever she is doing to make a phone call to you when you have questions that seem immediate to you.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic works with you no matter your schedule. They are understanding, compassionate and patient. They become like family to you and can recall your face and name at every visit. They become very involved in your care (your excitement, your disappointment, your concerns overall) and make you feel like you’re not alone. They tell you how much they’ve been thinking of you, lift you up at times you feel discouraged and make you feel there’s no better place to be. These men and women truly love their professions and give 110% to their patients at all costs. They never make you feel uncertain, confused, left without answers or questioning your care. They truly work around your schedule to best meet your needs and are extremely flexibile.
This clinic provides ultrasound monitoring appointments between 7:30AM and 11:30AM. However, they have an exception for teachers and a few other professions where it may be more difficult to take off the morning from work. Their consultations are in the afternoon until 4:00PM, but every ultrasound I have had has been in the afternoon. They have worked around my schedule for EVERY appointment I have ever had and I am forever thankful and blessed!
Carolina Conceptions wants to reduce the risk of multiples, especially in my case where I had a high possibility of 1 embryo taking. I believe if you’re over the age of 30, they will transfer up to 2 embryos, as your chances of success decrease with age.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Park takes his time to answer questions and has a good bed side manner. He is kind and patient, but it is easier to connect with him over the phone than over email. He is upfront about his expectations and while he has a nice way of delivering bad news.... After my 2 week wait, I had a negative pregnancy test and a lot of questions. He didn't respond to my email for over a week. I was in a really vulnerable place and felt let down and neglected when he didn't return my message in a timely manner.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is bright and clean, with a large waiting area and easy parking - most days. Monitoring appointments will make your head spin with how fast you are pushed though the system, but I waited almost 2 hours the day of my IUI.... I did not find the nurses to be very helpful or compassionate at my monitoring visits. I often felt rushed and instead of talking to me in the patient rooms, they would hurriedly spew all sorts of medical information at me in the hallway on my pay to check out thereby leaving me no time to write anything down and violating all sorts of HIPPA laws about patient privacy.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure that you are responding to emails. After my 2 week wait, I had a negative pregnancy test and a lot of questions. He didn't respond to my email for over a week. I was in a really vulnerable place and felt let down and neglected when he didn't return my message in a timely manner.
Dr. Park takes his time when he meets with his patients 1-on-1 and during a procedure, but the monitoring visits were very rushed and I often felt like I was being pushed out the door.
We used Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. Given my age and DOR, Dr. Park was flexible with the course of action; if I had more than 4 follicles grow, we would proceed with IVF, less than 4, we would do an IUI. I only had 1 follicle grow, so we went ahead with an IUI.
I did not find the nurses to be very helpful or compassionate at my monitoring visits. I often felt rushed and instead of talking to me in the patient rooms, they would hurriedly spew all sorts of medical information at me in the hallway on my pay to check out thereby leaving me no time to write anything down and violating all sorts of HIPPA laws about patient privacy. They were very cavalier about the whole process.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is bright and clean, with a large waiting area and easy parking - most days. Monitoring appointments will make your head spin with how fast you are pushed though the system, but I waited almost 2 hours the day of my IUI. Dr. Park sets up realistic plans for patients, but sometimes he is hard to reach for follow-up questions. Some of the front desk staff are rude and impersonal, while others will bend over backwards to help you out.
$250-300 self-pay for monitoring visit for IUI.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park was very patient in answering all of our questions. He took all our concerns seriously and fully addressed them. I felt like the outcome of my care was being taken very seriously, but ultimately, they would respect any decision I decided to make.... I did three cycles with Letrozole because of PCOS. I ovulated on the first two cycles, but didn't get pregnant. On the third cycle of Letrozole, I didn't ovulate. There was no good explanation for why it stopped working
All of the staff [Carolina Conceptions] were very friendly. The financial staff were also helpful. They provided opportunities for learning more about infertility and treatments, like lectures with the doctors and specialists, which I appreciated. The only weakness I found was that I would often see a different doctor from my primary doctor on visits, although I could also schedule a visit to see my primary doctor if I wanted to.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
When I first started fertility treatments with Dr. Park, I was told the treatment would be fairly straightforward, and I would have a high chance of getting pregnant quickly. It became more complicated when the pills weren't working and I had to start injections. Dr. Park was good about explaining the situation, and answering all of our questions, and staying in the present moment without going down the rabbit hole of all possible scenarios. In a situation where there aren't any good answers, and it's hard to know why certain things aren't working, I felt very confident in Dr. Park's assessment of the situation, and his recommendation on the plan going forward.
This probably applies to any doctor, but ask lots of questions, and have your questions planned out ahead of time. My experience with Dr. Park was that he would tell us all necessary information, but he also had a wealth of knowledge that only came out after we asked him more questions. I guess it depends how many details you want on your care.
I did three cycles with Letrozole because of PCOS. I ovulated on the first two cycles, but didn't get pregnant. On the third cycle of Letrozole, I didn't ovulate. There was no good explanation for why it stopped working, but since it stopped working I started using the injectable medications. I did three cycles with the injectable medications and on the third cycle I got pregnant.
The nursing staff seemed very knowledgeable, and were compassionate during the difficult ultrasounds where I was coming back after a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I had a really good experience with this clinic. All of the staff were very friendly. The financial staff were also helpful. They provided opportunities for learning more about infertility and treatments, like lectures with the doctors and specialists, which I appreciated. The only weakness I found was that I would often see a different doctor from my primary doctor on visits, although I could also schedule a visit to see my primary doctor if I wanted to.
Most of the treatment, up to a certain amount was covered under my health insurance. I only had to pay my co-pay for visits and the medication.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He's [Dr. John Park] very attentive and I felt like I had known him for years. It's the way he greeted me and just listened. He wanted to make sure he looked over all my records to ensure that the IUI would be the right choice. He referred my husband to a fertility clinic that prescribed him clomid. I truly believe that he was sent from God to preform the gifts that he was giving.
[The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is] Full of energy and they called you by named. They always had a friendly smile and always made sure your questions were answered... No weaknesses I saw. They were always on schedule. I never waited more than 10mins before getting called to the back. The feel of the office was relaxing and it didn't make you feel as if you were at a doctor's office. The receptionist were also great. I enjoyed walking into the office even on days I didn't feel like it, because they made you smile and it was hard not too.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I enjoyed coming knowing that he was going to get down to the problem. He's very attentive and I felt like I had known him for years. It's the way he greeted me and just listened. He wanted to make sure he looked over all my records to ensure that the IUI would be the right choice. He referred my husband to a fertility clinic that prescribed him clomid. I truly believe that he was sent from God to preform the gifts that he was giving. I've seen with my own eyes the high success rate. I had a client of mines that started the same time I did and she is now with child. I ordered all the shots, medicines,suppositories, which was not cheap. The day we was supposed to have procedure done my husband was in a really bad car accident and shortly after we had to find more health insurance. We decided to wait 2 years to try it naturally but nothing. We are eventually gonna try again next year and I will be driving 1hr just schedule back with dr. Park.
Be patient, give him time. If it's God's will then it will happen. He will give you a true answer and won't feed you false hope
He made sure I understood everything. He was kind and very professional. I felted like I was his only client when it was time for all my appointments.
Don't remember
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I had blue cross blue shield. I do know the procedure can cost $20,000 medications was 1300 with 500$ off so about 750$ according to the insurance company I had, my husband treatment was about $200 Plus medications 50$ every month for 3months.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park was easy to connect with throughout the process and numerous consultations. He provided information in a number of formats to allow for full understanding of the material presented...was friendly and knowledgeable during the consultation. He was efficient and matter of fact during the insemination process. On insemination days, there was minimal conversation and a business like demeanor. Because I was there alone, I occasionally felt myself desiring more reassurance although his level of confidence naturally reassured me in the process.
There is a childcare area in the waiting room [at Carolina Conceptions] which can be somewhat anxiety provoking when others are trying to conceive and are unable. It is nearly impossible most times I've called to get through to the appointment line which is very frustrating. The doctors are strong and knowledgeable. You will likely never see the same doctors/nurses for basic IUI, monitoring, etc...I never saw the same nurses during my treatment. It was a bit of a cattle call situation in terms of nursing. My ultrasound techs were always very good and described results in detail.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was friendly and knowledgeable during the consultation. He was efficient and matter of fact during the insemination process. On insemination days, there was minimal conversation and a business like demeanor. Because I was there alone, I occasionally felt myself desiring more reassurance although his level of confidence naturally reassured me in the process.
Remain proactive if you are not getting the desired outcome from your procedure. I had to initiate meeting with him again after 2 failed IUI's to reevaluate the treatment plan.
Dr. Park and I chose to use donor sperm during natural unmedicated cycles as there was no indication at that time of a fertility problem based on baseline testing. He did suggest adding medication when I initiated another consultation when IUI's were unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
There is a childcare area in the waiting room which can be somewhat anxiety provoking when others are trying to conceive and are unable. It is nearly impossible most times I've called to get through to the appointment line which is very frustrating. The doctors are strong and knowledgeable. You will likely never see the same doctors/nurses for basic IUI, monitoring, etc.
Private Pay - Approximately 480 for unmedicated IUI; 250 per ultrasound
I did not use this approach.

2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
I felt like he [Dr. Park] adjusted his language according to my understanding and research. He was blunt but delicate enough. He didn’t seem to remember details that I would have expected another primary doctor to remember, so in that sense more of a “number”. He was very encouraging that we would have success, and we did. However, we had success without going the route he thought we would need to go.
I primarily only worked with the front office staff [Carolina Conceptions] and the lab, but they were all so friendly, prompt, empathetic, and compassionate.... I never had trouble getting in for appointments. One appointment, the most important one (IUI day), I had to wait a long time and I was livid! I felt like we missed the opportunity. However, it worked, so... All other times I never waited. Their billing department was easy to reach and prompt with getting information on cost.
2014 - 2017
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
As mentioned, he was thorough and used language that I understood. He was encouraging, but not in a way that I felt was sugarcoating. He was prompt with responding to calls and emails outside of our appointments, and agreed to do my IUI with very little notice when I had a last minute change in plans. Literally emailed the night before. We had success on the first try, which probably skews my experience, but I would recommend him for sure.
I’m not sure how thorough he would be if you didn’t come in with questions and had done some research, so, do that. Come prepared.
I felt like he adjusted his language according to my understanding and research. He was blunt but delicate enough. He didn’t seem to remember details that I would have expected another primary doctor to remember, so in that sense more of a “number”. He was very encouraging that we would have success, and we did. However, we had success without going the route he thought we would need to go. Mostly I just felt comfortable there, and that was important.
With my first few visits, it was due to unexplained miscarriages. We did several tests and work ups, but found nothing, and I ended up getting pregnant with a successful love birth before we tried what he suggested (ivf with pgd). The second time we went, we were going due to low sperm counts post chemotherapy for my husband. We had banked sperm pre-chemo. He was relatively sure we would need to do IVF, but last minute we decided to do an IUI with a trigger shot only, and that was successful and led to a live birth.
I primarily only worked with the front office staff and the lab, but they were all so friendly, prompt, empathetic, and compassionate. This was the main reason I loved this clinic. I felt so comfortable for every visit.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I never had trouble getting in for appointments. One appointment, the most important one (IUI day), I had to wait a long time and I was livid! I felt like we missed the opportunity. However, it worked, so... All other times I never waited. Their billing department was easy to reach and prompt with getting information on cost. I think this clinic has a high price tag but in my opinion worth it.
Insurance covered nearly all costs.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Overall, I would describe Carolina Conceptions as great! They are very personable and provide you with the most current research. I would just explain to any new patient to go into this process with a level head and realize the reality that you might or might not receive a positive outcome. ... The only issue I had at the clinic was with insurance information. We are an active duty military family, so therefore we have Tricare insurance. Carolina Conceptions did not have up to date insurance information that reflected what Tricare provided.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very detailed in all that I would experience and expect. He was understanding to the emotions that come with this process. He provided a lot of clinical research and information to help us understand what to expect. I was always very comfortable with him and the other Doctors since they all communicate well with each other. He was excellent to work with. I have referred everyone I know to him since I am comfortable they will have a positive experience.
I would say he is very honest and realistic. While he presents his honest outcome, he stays positive in his delivery of the process. He is very soft spoken and genuine.
He was very understanding and gave us options to feel like there was always hope. That matters to help you push forward through this very emotional process.
2015 Protocol - IVF Antagon/Menopur This cycle produced 5 eggs at my retrieval and two embryos that were transferred at day 5 of a fresh transfer. One of the embryos did transfer and I did receive a positive pregnancy test. I went forward and had a pregnancy free of any complications and at 32 weeks we discovered no heartbeat with our baby girl. This was extremely heart breaking and we still do not know the reason behind our loss. In 2017, we pulled together enough strength to try again. We met with Dr. Park and began a new cycle. This cycle was Luteal Testosterone & GH Flare BIV IVF. This cycle produced 5 eggs at the retrieval and 4 went on to be frozen. We transferred 2-day 5 embryos and they did not take. After a few weeks, we went forward to transfer 2 frozen embryos and one of the embryos took! We moved forward and had a few complications in the pregnancy. I was considered a high risk pregnancy and I was monitored very closely with Duke. August 2017, we welcomed a healthy baby girl to this world.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry Hunter )
I worked with Terry Hunter with both cycles. She was AMAZING! I could not have asked for a better nurse. During my 2016 cycle, I had a few nurses and medical assistants that I was not as comfortable with. When I came in for ultrasounds they were not familiar with my situation and did not always communicate well.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Overall, I would describe Carolina Conceptions as great! They are very personable and provide you with the most current research. I would just explain to any new patient to go into this process with a level head and realize the reality that you might or might not receive a positive outcome. You have to bring your most positive self into the situation and Carolina Conceptions will do the rest. I truly believe they want to see success as much as you!
We are an active duty military family, so therefore we have Tricare insurance. Unfortunately, Tricare does not cover any financial reasonability for IVF cycles or monitoring. We did have to pay everything our of pocket.
I have all positive comments with their approach. They always encouraged me to transfer 2 embryos at a time. They always provided the research and behind all their suggestions which always made me feel comfortable. This approach made me understand the reality of every procedure we had.
+ Read more- Read less

I saw Dr. Park to have an HSG done. I was very anxious about the appointment and scared about what the test would show. Also, the procedure itself is awkward. Dr. Park put me at ease though, talked me through the procedure step-by-step before beginning and then talked me through it while he was doing the procedure. I could see the images immediately, and he did a fantastic job of explaining what I was seeing.
Carolina Conceptions is amazing. My husband and I have been trying to have a child for over a year and have had one miscarriage. My obstetrician referred me to them and the doctors there were about the diagnose me and start me on the appropriate treatment immediately. They are also extremely flexible with appointments. I once slept through my alarm and missed an appointment for an ultrasound. Carolina Conceptions had no problem with it and was able to see me as a walk-in immediately.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park is very good at what he does. He has an excellent bedside manner and will absolutely put you at ease no matter how uncomfortable or anxious you are. He explains what is happening every step of the way and will take the time to answer any and all questions you have.
Ask any and all questions that you have. Even if the question does not directly relate to the reason for your visit, he will take the time to give you advice and information about whatever it is that you are curious about.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
My insurance covered my visits. However, I do know that the clinic offers substantial discounts for those who do not have insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. John Park] gave us time to try the "cheaper" methods such as timed-intercourse and IUI before he recommended moving to IVF. Even after I was ready to give up on IVF, he encouraged us to move forward one more cycle - I am so thankful he encouraged that as it resulted in getting pregnant! He knew what to look for with all of my levels and he guided us to make the right decision each time (my husband and I did PGS testing the first time but Dr. Park recommended we skip it and do a fresh cycle transfer the 2nd time b/c my body was "ready") and again, he was right
As with any clinic, the cost of doing fertility treatments is not cheap! The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] always did a great job of meeting with you to fully explain what payments were due when and to give you a breakdown of what it covered. My insurance did not cover any fertility treatments but Dr. Park worked w/ me to keep the expenses as low as possible since it was all out-of-pocket funding...During the fertility treatments, there are so many appt's and for a lot of them, the doctor is not needed so you get to know the nurses very well. They were all educated on each step of the process and each one made you feel like you were the only thing that mattered while they were with you.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was always very open and honest with my husband and I. He gave us time to try the "cheaper" methods such as timed-intercourse and IUI before he recommended moving to IVF. Even after I was ready to give up on IVF, he encouraged us to move forward one more cycle - I am so thankful he encouraged that as it resulted in getting pregnant! He knew what to look for with all of my levels and he guided us to make the right decision each time (my husband and I did PGS testing the first time but Dr. Park recommended we skip it and do a fresh cycle transfer the 2nd time b/c my body was "ready") and again, he was right! There was never an email sent to him that did not get a reply back or a return phone call from him directly within the same day - and when he responded, it was with details, not just a hurry up and answer your question type mentality.
Be ready for a lot of information! It's Dr. Park's job to give you all the options and to give you both positives and negatives with each option - it's a lot to think about but never once did I feel pressured to decide quickly. Also, after being given so much information, my husband and I would leave with our brains going so many different directions...then we would think of the thousand questions we meant to ask - so write down your questions and when something pops up during the visits, ask right then!
During the fertility journey, you spend a lot of time with the doctor(s) and/or nurses/staff at the Clinic. Every single time I was in the office, everyone knew my name without looking at a chart and every time I called with any questions, I never had to go back thru my history to get the person caught up on my situation - they knew exactly what I was going thru at that moment and they made me feel like getting pregnant was all that mattered to them. The level of professionalism never wavered, but it was more of a personal connection with each person there than I have ever experienced in the medical field.
After my first IVF cycle, I was discouraged and completely ready to settle for using donor eggs. I was a low follicle producer (the most I have had in any treatment was 4) but after we met with Dr. Park (who was genuinely upset for us when I got my negative test), he encouraged us to try again - he said he "knew we would get pregnant with my eggs, but it may take a few extra tries" - he was right and I am so glad we listened!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
From the moment you walk into the waiting room, the staff at the desk does a great job of welcoming you and making you feel at home. The environment can be somewhat unnerving when you first start going there b/c of the "unknown" but they always make you feel at home. After seeing the doctor for several years, the staff acts just as vested as the doctors at seeing success - they are just as happy for you when you get a good report and just as upset as you when you get bad/sad news.
As with any clinic, the cost of doing fertility treatments is not cheap! The clinic always did a great job of meeting with you to fully explain what payments were due when and to give you a breakdown of what it covered. My insurance did not cover any fertility treatments but Dr. Park worked w/ me to keep the expenses as low as possible since it was all out-of-pocket funding.
My husband and I are a little concerned about twins...not that it's a true issue, but we were only going for one right now. Dr. Park listened to our concerns and worked w/ those to ensure we did what was best during the two IVF transfers - also, he guided us thru the process of fresh vs frozen and one vs two embryos (gave us all the information and then gave us recommendation of what he thought we should do but we never felt forced to go that route)

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. John Park] Strengths- Very compassionate, and willing to work with you. He works around your schedule and takes everything into consideration--your job, your stress level, your schedule, and financial options. He doesn't give you unrealistic expectations, rather is straight forward with what you are up against...he always schedules appointments to "discuss" before he prescribes anything and wants you to always be aware of the plan. He throughly discussed IVF protocol and we discussed many options and all came to an agreement. I felt he really took the time to look at my records and my situation and gave his most honest advice.
The front desk staff [at Carolina Conceptions] is INCREDIBLE. They are so nice and make you feel at home, like they genuinely care about you. They call me by my first name and are so helpful when it comes to appointments and records...teachers get a summer discount...The nurses are also wonderful and the lab team...Super Ovulation Cycles= around $400 (this was covered by insurance) IVF Cycle= $13,000 (Summer Teacher Discount)
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Strengths- Very compassionate, and willing to work with you. He works around your schedule and takes everything into consideration--your job, your stress level, your schedule, and financial options. He doesn't give you unrealistic expectations, rather is straight forward with what you are up against. Still, even when things were bad and I didn't get the results I wanted, he encouraged me not to give up. I was also told by my acupuncturist he is one of the best surgeons around, so that is a plus! Weaknesses- It is hard to reach him by phone (but, he is a doctor so he is of course busy!) and sometimes takes a day or two to respond to email.
Be straight forward with him and don't be afraid to ask questions. He is a great doctor and will take care of you.
Dr. Park is very kind and compassionate. He doesn't treat you like a number--he always schedules appointments to "discuss" before he prescribes anything and wants you to always be aware of the plan. He throughly discussed IVF protocol and we discussed many options and all came to an agreement. I felt he really took the time to look at my records and my situation and gave his most honest advice.
We tried 2 Super-Ovulation cycles with injections and timed intercourse. We did this because my insurance covered it. When it failed, we decided to move on to IVF because teachers get a summer discount and we had been trying for so long and spent a lot of money. We all sat down and discussed and decided this would be the best option. When this did not work, he respected our wishes to take a break and save for the next round. He met with me and explained what went wrong and encouraged us not to give up. He also did a laproscopy surgery to make sure one of my tubes were not blocked--he thought this would be helpful since we were going to try to conceive naturally for a while. Here is where we found endometriosis which we were not aware was there before. We just saw him again last week to start a new discussion of the next steps. He wanted to do more testing to see where my levels are and start a new plan.
The nursing staff is really great---one of them sometimes seems annoyed when making phone calls. The rest are super friendly and always available by phone.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk staff is INCREDIBLE. They are so nice and make you feel at home, like they genuinely care about you. They call me by my first name and are so helpful when it comes to appointments and records. I can't say enough nice things about them. The nurses are also wonderful and the lab team. Highly recommend!
Dr. Park would not let me implant more than two embryos. He is on top of things and only cares about having a successfully, healthy pregnancy and baby.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park was calming and optimistic while gathering details about our situation. He called us directly after we had not been in for an office visit for several weeks, taking a genuine interest in our situation from the beginning. When results came back undesirable he was frank, but empathetic, in laying out the next options available and a path forward.... . Dr. Park was very helpful in navigating test results and data pertaining to your situation and options.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is well kept, with a smooth check in and check out process.... We felt an updated AMH test before our injectable cycle may have saved us that medication expense since the medication had no effect. We did have some conflicting cost and insurance coverage limits early in our financial consultation. In the end, we came out better than we were originally informed but there was some confusion.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was knowledgeable and optimistic in his approach, often questioning and seemingly perplexed by many of the choices made by our previous clinic. We left our initial consultation with a feeling of hope that we had begun to lose from our time with our previous care provider. Dr. Park provided us with a plan of action and, after our initial results were less than desired, calmly moved us forward with our available options offering counseling and support along the way.
Come prepared with your list of questions and remain open to your possibilities. Dr. Park was very helpful in navigating test results and data pertaining to your situation and options.
Dr. Park recommended injectable hormones to stimulate egg production. Since we were recently pregnant through natural means the theory was to increase egg production in hopes of gathering a few eggs of higher quality. The injectables had little to no effect and, unfortunately, forced us to move on to alternative plans of treatment which we are engaged in currently.
The nurses were capable and completed their tasks as expected.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is well kept, with a smooth check in and check out process.
$70 - $80 Insurance co-pays for office visits. $1065 Injectable cycle medications. $31 nurse monitoring visits.
Dr. Park was very clear that his preference and standard procedure was single embryo transfer due to his views on the success rate with healthy embryos and the likelihood of twins with multiple embryos and the possible complications that accompany that scenario.

How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
My experience with Dr. Park could not have been any better as far as doctor-patient relationship. Dr. Park was very easy to talk and such a great listener. When my husband and I decided to try IVF, Dr. Park's schedule was booked for two months out. I called his office to see about them working me in and the secretary was adamant that Dr. Park just could not squeeze me in for two more months. Due to my AMH level dropping rapidly, I emailed Dr. Park and told him what my husband and I were wanting to do and he remembered my situation. He immediately called me upon receiving me email and had the front desk staff work me in that week and were able to begin the IVF process right away! Unfortunately, that particular cycle was unsuccessful, so Dr. Park discussed at length as to what was the medical reason for not achieving success and then explained other options, as well as stated he was willing for us to try IVF again as long as there was no financial burden. He believes there is still a mature egg left in me, we just have to find it. I told him I still had plenty of medicines left over except for 600 IUs of Follistim and Ovidrel. I also told him I had 8 vials of Ganarelix which we were not needing for IVF and he offered to swap the meds out for me with what he had in the clinic, so I didn't have to spend an additional $2000 out of pocket! I mean how many doctors would do that! He also got me scheduled again right away, so no time was wasted. Dr. Park has really gone above and beyond in helping my husband and I try to conceive one more time. I love Dr. Park and I have recommended him three times since I began this process. He is the true example of a caring physician who not only takes the time to listen to my needs and expectations, but he explain every step of the process before hand and as you are going through each step or phase. He will change his schedule on a moment's notice to accommodate your schedule and he helps save you money by exchanging meds with his patients when there is a financial burden and insurance does not help! I cannot say enough about the kindness and compassion of Dr. Park and how he truly makes me feel like a patient he cares for and wants me to have success and happiness. He never makes me feel rushed (our appointed times have ran over several times and he never rushes me out of his office to see his next patient) and he so patiently and politely listens to me with a strong ear. He does not treat his patients as numbers, he cares about them as people! Dr. Park is not only a very compassionate doctor, he is a true friend who offers every avenue known in the fertility world to his patients and "holds your hand" along the way. Unfortunately, in today's society, you don't find doctors with Dr. Park's demeanor and bedside manner as much. He is a rare find and a true gem! Thank you so much Dr. Park for being my doctor!
I would recommend a patient be open and honest with Dr. Park from the financial burden to your expectations and really listen to what he has to say. He is so knowledgeable about every aspect of fertility and he will give you all the time you need to ask questions, make comments, and really explore all of your options. He is absolutely phenomenal and I think it would be hard to find anyone better!
Dr. Park was very personable with me and explained every step and factor in great detail. He was kind and considerate when discussing all of the procedures and processes with me and thoroughly answered all of my questions. I could not have been happier or more grateful with his bedside manner. He was also very honest with me and we both believe I still have a good egg remaining, it is just a matter of how many cycles does it take to find the good egg. Dr. Park's protocol recommendation was the most successful yet as far as egg production and retrieval. I highly recommend the expertise Dr. Park offers to any patient experiencing any fertility issues because he is not only highly knowledgeable, but has an exceptional demeanor when it comes to patient relations. He is so kind and considerate and explains the costs and procedures very thoroughly. Dr. Park comes highly recommended. He is simply awesome!
Dr. Park used an aggressive strategy on me due to my age and my AMH level dropping from 1.1 to 0.5 in a year. He ended up going with the Flare protocol to hopefully retrieve 5 to 8 eggs and it worked! He put me on birth control for 14 days once I got my period and then I began a testosterone patch for 5 days. I then started Lupron (morning and night) and HGH (night time only) for 12 days. The next day I started Menopur and Follistim both in the morning and night. I did this the first IVF cycle for 10 days and then Ovidrel on the night of the 10th day and then had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. The second cycle of IVF was exactly like the aforementioned regimen except we decided to go 12 day and then do the retrieval in hopes of giving my eggs more time to mature. Dr. Park wanted to be as aggressive as possible again because of my age and AMH levels. The first cycle produced 12 follicles and 12 eggs. Of the 12, 6 eggs were mature and all 6 fertilized. None of the embryos made it to day 5. The next cycle produced 12 follicles with only 10 eggs to retrieve and of those 10, 7 were mature and 6 fertilized. Again, none of the 6 embryos made it to day 5. Dr. Park stated if I choose to do IVF again, he will use the same aggressive protocol since I had such a good response as far as the number of eggs that were retrieved. He was very excited and shocked that we were able to retrieve that many eggs in each cycle due to age and AMH level. He did say that he has not seen such a good response in women a few years younger than me using the same protocol, so we were both happy with the results. My eggs were just bad eggs. That's why if I could try once more (with your generous monetary gift) to see if I can finally find that good egg, I would be so appreciative. I know the good Lord is going to answer our prayers and bless us one more time with a healthy and happy little one.
The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is phenomenal. They walk and talk you through each phase and are always welcoming phone calls or emails. They always ask about your day, always smile, and always make you feel like they are rooting for success with our fertility endeavors. They also go the extra mile to answer any questions I may have and they are not afraid to step away if need be and get the doctor. They have all called me back expeditiously and always leave me feeling like they are cheering me and my eggs on. I could not be happier with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The strengths of Carolina Conceptions is the front desk staff always greet you with a smile, good morning or hello. They got to know me so well that I actually received hugs from them. They always answered the phones, but sometimes you were put on hold. They had been getting pretty full with appointments and were getting backed up about 2 months, but they have rectified that with hiring a fourth doctor. One weakness I have to admit was with the finance department. They do not present you with all of the options available (discounted rates for law enforcement, split financing with another couple if using egg donor, etc.). You do have to find out by asking yourself or by another patient to know what they completely offer. However, they do allow third party financing which is a plus. Overall, Carolina Conceptions would get an A - for a clinic rating.
I have BCBS and they do not cover any medications or procedures with Assisted Reproductive Technology. I was able to bank some of my medications when they were covered when we were doing timed intercourse, so that offset a lot of the cost. Carolina Conceptions offers a discount for law enforcement/firefighter personnel which is a big help, so I received a reduced rate from $10K to $7500K for the entire IVF procedure. The only additional out of pocket expense was the ultrasounds which where $300 each and you did 3 to 4 each cycle. They also offered financial assistance via CapEx, a fertility finance company who offers low interest loans for IVF.
Dr. Park had informed me that we could put up to 4 embryos in me if they made it to day 5, but if we had embryos that really stood out compared to others, then he would stick with only two, but he said up to four was definitely an option. He also explained to my why (again all due to my age and egg quality) we would take such an approach. He always mentioned the success rate and probability of each process and why the rates were at the number they were. He is such a cool doctor with a subtle attitude that is so easy to talk too and he listens and explains everything so thoroughly.
+ Read more- Read less

...At this meeting I was very touched when he took a minute to connect with me, pointing out that I must be very frustrated that we hadn't yet had success, even though our numbers were fantastic! He was always very respectful of our financial constraints when we were devising our fertility plans. I would definitely recommend Dr. Park to anyone who is considering seeing a fertility specialist...Dr. Park always took the time to consider our questions and concerns. He was thorough in his explanations and in laying out our options. He thought of our situation from our point of view and was very supportive when we faced negative pregnancy tests.
Carolina Conceptions is very thorough, professional, and kind to their patients. As a weakness I would point out that I noticed that lately my wait time is greater than it was when I first started my appointments in summer of 2016...The nursing staff was respectful and kind. I was especially fond of two of the nurses, however I never wrote down their names...Dr. Park always took the time to consider our questions and concerns. He was thorough in his explanations and in laying out our options. He thought of our situation from our point of view and was very supportive when we faced negative pregnancy tests.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
John Park is an excellent doctor! He is very knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions. When we had finished 3 cycles of medication with planned intercourse without luck, he emailed me in order to set up a time to meet again to discuss our next steps. At this meeting I was very touched when he took a minute to connect with me, pointing out that I must be very frustrated that we hadn't yet had success, even though our numbers were fantastic! He was always very respectful of our financial constraints when we were devising our fertility plans. I would definitely recommend Dr. Park to anyone who is considering seeing a fertility specialist.
Don't feel uncomfortable asking any questions. Dr. Park will be respectful and upfront with any questions or concerns you have!
To start we tried 3 cycles of medication with timed intercourse. The medications included Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, and progesterone suppositories. My body reacted very well to the medicine, producing 3-5 eggs each time. After 3 rounds of no success, we met with Dr. Park and decided to go the IUI route. He kept my medicine the same, as my body was appropriately reacting, and we just added the IUI in place of intercourse. The first round was unsuccessful but the second round worked!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
For the first 3 timed intercourse cycles insurance helped cover the costs. Therefore, the visits and medications were highly discounted. The 2 IUI cycles and medication was not covered by insurance, so we paid out of pocket for everything including office visits. Unfortunately, I do not have the exact costs available.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park is very easy to talk to and when we disagreed on treatment options, he was open to discussion and willing to try accommodating my preferences. My only real complaint is that when I was fairly certain we had missed my ovulation window, he still proceeded with the insemination which seems like a waste of money and an emotional cost that I would rather not have paid.... Due to their being no fertility issues except meeting donor sperm, doctor Park was agreeable to only utilize a trigger shot for all of my treatment.
The nursing staff [Carolina Conceptions] lack compassion especially when I was returning for an initial scan following a failed IUI. They never appeared to review the chart before they brought you back into the room or know any details of your treatment progress.... When I was calling to clarify timing and informed them that my ovulation cycle was different than they expected, the nursing staff did not return the call at 1 Point in time for me to actually adjust and be able to do the IUI that month.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park is very easy to talk to and when we disagreed on treatment options, he was open to discussion and willing to try accommodating my preferences. My only real complaint is that when I was fairly certain we had missed my ovulation window, he still proceeded with the insemination which seems like a waste of money and an emotional cost that I would rather not have paid. I think he does not want to disappoint people and miss a month of trying but if the timing does not line up in my opinion it would be much better to have a doctor be honest and tell you to wait instead of wasting an attempt.
Make sure you speak up for yourself and anything that you feel like is not working or is working with the treatment. When I push myself to be vocal, he was very receptive and understanding.
Dr. Park was very knowledgeable willing to answer all of my questions and was even willing to discuss options with me via phone and email to best fit my schedule. Due to their being no fertility issues except meeting donor sperm, doctor Park was agreeable to only utilize a trigger shot for all of my treatment. The nursing staff did not read my chart many times before I came in I frequently made very insensitive remarks based on their assumptions.
Initially I agreed to do the standard protocol of taking letrozole prior to the procedure. This created cysts in my ovaries and I was on my cycle for more than 40 days straight. I had originally explained to the doctor that I am very sensitive to medications but relented when he said this was his protocol. Once I was able to begin the process again, dr. Park allowed me to only do ovidrel prior to the IUI and do no other medication. Based on each hurting my own ovulation 4 months prior to beginning to work with Doctor Park, I was also able to change the schedule of ultrasounds do to my cycle being longer Denny standard 28 days.
The nursing staff lack compassion especially when I was returning for an initial scan following a failed IUI. They never appeared to review the chart before they brought you back into the room or know any details of your treatment progress. More than once a nurse told me I should not be worried about the timing of my IUI and should simply have sex to increase my chances. I am a lesbian so I'm not sure how that would help. When I became pregnant and was waiting on the results of my blood test to confirm, the nursing staff forgot to call me and only when I got a hold of them days later was I able to get my actual results. For a fertility clinic do not understand the importance a pregnancy test is a little ridiculous.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was able to get me in quickly in accommodate most of my scheduling needs. They were not clear about they're walking policy for scans which would have been very helpful since they do not always call back quickly. The administrative staff was always very pleasant and tried to be helpful
In total for the 6 iui attempts, the cost was about 18,000.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park treated us with compassion and understanding. ... Our first conversation was just that. it was relaxed and he offered all the possibilities we might have. Every time I saw him after that, he always made me feel welcome and like a person versus a patient. ... We did a multiple transfer of 2 eggs ... He really cares about patients even when he is not scheduled to see them. ...
I loved the front desk staff [Carolina Conceptions]. they were always so helpful and full of smiles. ... We did a multiple transfer of 2 eggs. ... It was ultimately my decision. ... I only spoke with her [nurse] a hand full of times and met her once. But, she was very informative and would answer any questions I had. ... Our first meeting, he [doctor] actually came to the waiting room to get us versus having a nurse escort us back to his office.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park as described before was a amazing doctor. His bedside manner was so welcoming, compassionate and understanding. I know he works with other patients like me everyday, but it didn't show. It was as if I was the only one. When he called to tell me I was pregnant, it was like talking to a good friend. He would see me in the hallway if I was not seeing him that day and stop and talk to me. He really cares about patients even when he is not scheduled to see them.
Trust in him. He will tell you what you need to know and will happily answer any questions you have along the way, n matter how silly they sound.
Dr. Park treated us with compassion and understanding. Our first meeting, he actually came to the waiting room to get us versus having a nurse escort us back to his office. Our first conversation was just that. it was relaxed and he offered all the possibilities we might have. Every time I saw him after that, he always made me feel welcome and like a person versus a patient.
I do nor remember the dosage for the egg retrieval preparation. However, my original ultra sound of my ovaries did not show what he thought and once I came back for my first check up he realized that the meds he originally prescribed needed to be increased to produce more eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
I only spoke with her a hand full of times and met her once. But, she was very informative and would answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I loved the front desk staff. they were always so helpful and full of smiles. I have heard from another friend who has gone back recently that they are now gone, which saddens me because they were so great.
Our upfrnt costs was $10,000 which had to eb aodi before tretamnt beagn. Then, I had to pay $300 each time I came in for an ultrasound. Lastly, there were the meds, which luckily were covered under my insurance (the only thing). That cost ran about $600.
We did a multiple transfer of 2 eggs. He explained to me the risk of multiples but also that there was a higher rate of pregnancy with multiples. It was ultimately my decision.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. John Park seemed knowledgeable and promising at first, however, we only had interactions with him for our initial consult, and when things weren't going as planned. Dr. Park focuses more on IUI/IVF treatments to achieve pregnancy rather than actually trying to figure out why infertility is happening. At one point, we were also attempting to pursue an IVF study, and we were told by all of the office staff that we qualified, but Dr. John Park told us we did not, which was extremely upsetting. He did seem genuinely sorry and frustrated with his staff when this happened to us, but ultimately there was nothing he would do.
We were told we qualified for a study, and had a meeting set up with the Doctor, only to find out that was not the case. We also were told IUI was covered, only to find out this had changed. I was able to fight this with my insurance, but many other patients at Carolina Conceptions were not so lucky. They were not advocating for their patients.... The only time we saw Dr. Park was for initial consults or if something was wrong. They have a number of nurses or gestational specialists that handle your care after the initial meetings with Dr. Park.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't expect to necessarily find out why you may be having infertility issues, they will keep giving you medications and recommending options without looking into what the real issue may be. Also, do not expect to see Dr. Park on a regular basis. Once your plan is in place, you will only see him if there is a problem or if you go through a certain amount of cycles without success. This may be different for IVF, but any treatments attempted before IVF are not handled by Dr. Park.
The only time we saw Dr. Park was for initial consults or if something was wrong. They have a number of nurses or gestational specialists that handle your care after the initial meetings with Dr. Park. I never felt that they truly even knew my history, and that I continuously had to remind them of what we were doing.
I was initially put on oral medication (letrozole) and injections. The very first cycle of IUI had to be cancelled because I was over medicated, causing my ovaries to overproduce. We tried IUI for a number of other cycles until my insurance options were exhausted. After the first over medicated cycle, Dr. Park lowered my dosage of letrozole. Each time I had an IUI performed, I was very unsure of the gestational nurses ability to determine timing. This was due to them not being sure of themselves during internal ultrasound exams, and also having one that had an extremely hard time performing my IUI. I even had one nurse tell me she was new and that I probably knew more than her!!!!
They see way too many patients to properly keep track of an individual's care. Many of the nurses did not seem sure of themselves when doing internal ultrasounds to determine timing for IUI. I also had a nurse that had a hard time doing my IUI because she couldn't find my cervix. Towards the end of my treatments at Carolina Conceptions, there was even a new nurse that told me I probably knew more than her! One of the final straws, was when a nurse told us we qualified for an IVF study where we would pay significantly less for these procedures. We were invited to come in and speak with Dr. Park regarding the study. We took time off of work for the appointment, only to find out that we in fact did not meet Dr. Park's requirements. He was extremely frustrated that his nurses told us we did, and said they did not even have the authority to tell us that.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They may have high IVF success rates, but we were not ready to pursue that method until trying everything else possible. If you are looking to determine why you may be having infertility issues, this is probably not the place for you. Expect to have to really be on top of your care, because they have so many patients they can't seem to keep everyone straight. They need to slow down, and rethink their processes and procedures.
There were co-pay costs and significant costs for medications for IUI.
+ Read more- Read less

I have never been to a doctors office that had nurses nicer than the ones at Carolina Conceptions. They were so polite and always willing to listen and answer questions and didn't mind if you cried every time you went in. They should give training on how to treat people because you always felt comforted, no matter what... This clinic is a well-oiled machine. The staff has it going on from the time you walk in the door. The receptionists are nice and polite and informative. Most of the time, you go places and the receptionists have no idea about treatments or medicines, but here, they do. The lab staff was polite, the financial officers were informative, helpful, and polite. Just a great clinic.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very honest and forthcoming with the information about our treatments. He did not let us get carried away or get our hopes up for no reason. He was straight to the point, but caring at the same time.
That if they want answers, he is the best doctor to see. They will get their results and they will know what treatments/options are best for them.
Dr. Park was always so kind to return my emails and/or phone calls, instead of letting a nurse or assistant do it. He was very informative of all of the options and results.
We did 3 types of cycles with Dr. Park. Ovarian stimulation with intercourse, ovarian stimulation with IUI, and IVF. Each time, we did shots (ganirelix, progesterone) and had multiple ultrasounds. Each time, my uterus lining was great and I had a decent amount of follicles. We had high hopes. However, when we did IVF, only 5 eggs were retrieved and only 4 fertilized. They never made it to day 5 implantation. We were devastated. We are hoping to get this grant to use for an embryo adoption.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
IVF including medicines, ultrasounds, and education classes cost close to $12k.
We only had 4 eggs to fertilize, so they informed us that they would only transfer 2. However, our embryos did not make it to transfer day.
+ Read more- Read less

[Carolina Conception's] strengths: The clinic has great hours! I was able to schedule many procedures before work, on a Saturday, or on a Sunday. They really worked well around your schedule and your cycle...Weaknesses: The doctors do not seem to communicate with one another about a particular treatment plan. One doctor will prescribe a treatment plan, but then the next appointment you see another doctor and they indicate you should be doing something differently. I was always confused about what to do based upon multiple doctor's suggestions. The doctors do not follow up. They expect you to be the one to follow up and initiate the next phone call or appointment. I feel like the doctors could do a better job, even if just by email, of sending a quick follow up of what to expect next and what would occur at your next appointment and when that next appointment is. My husband and I stopped going for treatments, tests, rounds of fertility meds. Instead of throwing money at something that may not happen, we decided to throw our money towards adopting. I never received a follow up call or email from the doctor to ask if I wanted to schedule another appointment. It's been 4 months...crickets. I feel that a doctor should follow up or be more concerned about how his patient is doing, even if we decide not to come back.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was personable and got to know us during a sit down session. He offered a course of treatment. I was a patient of Dr. Park, but each time I went, I saw a different doctor, that I did not know or did not have a connection with. If I am going to be treated by 3 doctors and have 3 doctor's opinions, I would like to meet all 3 of them during my one-on-one "get to know you" session so that everyone is on the same page. I felt like I would get one plan of treatment from Dr. Park and then another plan of treatment from one of the other doctor's. It wasn't a consistent treatment plan.
Ask to see him every time OR ask to have the other doctors involved in your treatment plan. Always ask for all of the options so that you are prepared to know when to continue treatment or when to stop and refocus your efforts.
Dr. Park took the time to sit down with my husband and I to go over all of the questions we had, suggest a plan for treatment, and understand any concerns I had. I felt like a human during this process.
I had an HSG (dye in the uterus and tubes) to make sure that my uterus was ok and tubes were open. I had multiple ovarian ultrasounds during different stages of my cycle to see how the eggs matured over time. I had a saline ultrasound so that they could view my uterus when expanded to be sure I did not have any uterine fibroids or polyps. I had already been under another doctor's care and on Clomid, so Dr. Park piggy-backed off of that treatment and suggested other fertility medications. During each cycle, I had multiple visits to check on various things during the month. Each time I had an ovarian ultrasound, it was found that I did not have any mature eggs. Dr. Park recommended using an Ovidrell shot if there were any mature ones to get an egg to release. Unfortunately, I never had a mature one. I had several blood tests - DNA testing, Thyroid Testing, Hormone Level Testing, etc. After several tests, I was formally diagnosed with PCOS. After several rounds of fertility medication, I was still not ovulating. My uterus lining was too thin (thanks to years of rounds of fertility medications that were ineffective) to do IVF.
The nursing staff seemed friendly; however, they made errors on several occasions during my visits. During my initial visit, my husband and I were asked to do a blood draw. The blood was to go to a DNA group to get our DNA pairing to see if any issues came up as well as general testing, hormone levels, etc. Our blood was only sent to the DNA group and never sent to the lab for additional testing. Dr. Park asked us to come back again to do the blood draw so that they could send to the lab for additional testing. The wrong tests were performed....the lab blamed it on the nurse....the nurse blamed it on the lab. So then we had to go in for blood draw 3 (paying for each blood draw, mind you...and each lab fee). This time, the right tests were completed. One particular nurse I had on more than one occasion was not very communicative nor was she very friendly. I always felt like I was a burden to her. She would not direct me to go to the check-out desk after a procedure. She would just say "You can get dressed now." So I'd get dressed and sit in the room, thinking a doctor would come back in to talk to me. But then she'd come back in and say I was done and could leave now.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: The clinic has great hours! I was able to schedule many procedures before work, on a Saturday, or on a Sunday. They really worked well around your schedule and your cycle. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and makes you feel at ease. The clinic can do many of the procedures at their facility, so you don't need to go to a separate office/hospital. The clinic is knowledgeable about the most up to date treatments and medications. Weaknesses: The doctors do not seem to communicate with one another about a particular treatment plan. One doctor will prescribe a treatment plan, but then the next appointment you see another doctor and they indicate you should be doing something differently. I was always confused about what to do based upon multiple doctor's suggestions. The doctors do not follow up. They expect you to be the one to follow up and initiate the next phone call or appointment. I feel like the doctors could do a better job, even if just by email, of sending a quick follow up of what to expect next and what would occur at your next appointment and when that next appointment is. My husband and I stopped going for treatments, tests, rounds of fertility meds. Instead of throwing money at something that may not happen, we decided to throw our money towards adopting. I never received a follow up call or email from the doctor to ask if I wanted to schedule another appointment. It's been 4 months...crickets. I feel that a doctor should follow up or be more concerned about how his patient is doing, even if we decide not to come back.
Approximately $3,000 from our pocket. The rest was covered by insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park was nice and very informative. He had good bedside manner. We just only saw him twice during our entire fertility treatment process. It made developing a physician/patient relationship very difficult. It is hard to provide candid feedback with such limited interaction...I always saw a different doctor or a nurse with every visit. It was hard to develop rapport when you are always being shuffled from one physician to the next. As intimate, private and personal as this process is consistency would be ideal...
[Carolina Conceptions] Strengths: friendly staff, we got pregnant on IUI attempt 2, front desk staff was top notch, facility was nice Weakness: Elevator was very unreliable, we never saw the same provider, IUI treatment was done by a medical assistant rather than a doctor, the medical assistant was unprofessional with a lot of unnecessary comments and made our first attempt very uncomfortable.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't expect the procedures to be done by a physician. We had a certified medical assistant perform our very first IUI! Not even a certified nurse in the field of infertility.
Prior to starting our first round of IUI, my wife and I had lab work done in order to determine the best candidate to have the procedure and treatments. I then completed an HSG to determine any uterine, fallopian or ovarian issues. This was negative. I went in on day 1-3 of my cycle and had a baseline ultrasound. I was given a prescription for Letrozole 10mg daily x 5 days with 3 refills (Carolina Conceptions does 3 rounds of IUI prior to IVF treatment). On day 12, I went back in for another ultrasound to see how many follicles were mature and if ovulation was imminent. After mature follicles were observed, I was given another prescription for Ovidrel 250 mcg (also with 3 refills) to be given 36 hours prior to procedure. Within 48-72 hours after the day 12 ultrasound we went back in for the IUI. Waited 14 days until a pregnancy test could be done. If pregnancy test was negative we started the same process all over again. If positive, we called the clinic and set up an appointment for confirmation blood work.
Very friendly, good bedside manner, explained procedures and expectations well.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It was a 70.00 co-pay for our initial consultation 70.00 co-pay for HSG Baseline Ultrasound on day one of cycle 250.00 (BCBS insurance does not cover) (x 2 attempts) Prescription for Letrozole 12.00 co-pay monthly (with 2 refills used) Prescription for Ovidrel 173.00 (BCBS insurance does not cover) (with 2 refills used) Second ultrasound 250.00 x 2 attempts IUI 468.00 x 2 attempts Confirmation blood tests x 2 separate draws (FREE) First OB ultrasound 70.00 co-pay Second OB ultrasound 70.00 co-pay
+ Read more- Read less
I was please with my experience with Dr. Park. While I wanted answers for why we were unable to conceive on our own, I did feel more confident having the embryos tested to rule out potential problems.... Each of the 3 cycles we completed we increased the amount of menopure used. The last and successful cycle we added coenzyme q10 during egg development and did an endometrial scratch before transfer. Dr. Park wanted to add HGH but it had recently been made unavailable for infertility treatment. We did genetic testing on all embryos and only transferred those that were top quality. Those that were questionable or inconclusive results were discarded.
I always felt like I was welcomed [at Carolina Conceptions]. Stephen at the front desk made me feel like I was his friend. Everyone was rooting for us and tried to encourage us. I'm sure they see hundreds of patients every week, but sometimes i felt like the only one.... There were three nurses that I dealt with during my appointments. Michelle and Terri were excellent. The other one who I think was Tammy was not always pleasant or helpful.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I was please with my experience with Dr. Park. While I wanted answers for why we were unable to conceive on our own, I did feel more confident having the embryos tested to rule out potential problems. Ultimately we got the result we wanted, a healthy boy. In a perfect world we would have a little girl as well, but none of the female embryos were successful.
Ask as many questions you can think of. It helps to realize there are so many components to having a healthy baby. Dr. Park was willing to answer all of questions even if they seemed repetitive.
Dr. Park was very personable and easy to discuss my concerns. He understood our frustrations and tried to encourage us remain positive.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I always felt like I was welcomed. Stephen at the front desk made me feel like I was his friend. Everyone was rooting for us and tried to encourage us. I'm sure they see hundreds of patients every week, but sometimes i felt like the only one.
I knew this was not an inexpensive procedure. The cost was what I anticipated.
We really didn't have enough quality embryos for this to be a big discussion. We wanted a boy and a girl. We transferred one of each embryo. Dr. Park was in agreement to this approach due to my age.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Park treated us like a human. Each time we had an appointment with him, he knew our history and name without looking in our files...When starting IVF, Dr. Park was very encouraging and felt that he would be able to help us bring home our dream of having a child. When our IVF cycle was canceled we were saddened. We later found out that there was a recall on one of the medications we used. Dr. Park met with us and encouraged us to do another IVF cycle. Due to the increase in cost of a 2nd cycle we could not afford to attempt IVF. Dr. Park shared that he would keep our information on file, if we were able to come back one day.
The nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] were very friendly and welcoming...The overall clinic is very welcoming. As soon as you step off the elevator you are greeted by the front desk coordinator. The nurses take you back quickly and help to ease your worries and anxieties. The doctors are very confident in their abilities to help your dream of becoming parents come true. They will work to help you create a specific medical plan that will tailored to meet your need. When you leave, the front desk coordinators always leave you with a smile or encouraging word.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I would tell a prospective patient to be strong, be open, and do not be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Park will answer your questions and will keep you hopeful throughout your entire journey.
During our IVF cycle the dosage changed and was increased because follicles were not growing as rapidly. My IVF cycle was canceled because the follicles were different sizes and there was only one that had grown to the right size. Later, one of the medications that I was using had a recall because it didn't meet potency regulations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
The nurses were very friendly and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Our plan was not covered by insurance so we paid at least 15K in out of pocket costs.
N/A... We did not get to this step.

2009 - 2014
He [Dr. Park] was easy to talk to, and he was great at listening to me in a way that let him make recommendations or adjust treatment. He wasn't overly optimistic or overly negative - just very frank about my situation and why he recommended what he did. When our IVF cycle failed, he was very empathetic. When we achieved both of our pregnanices, he was ecstatic for us...Dr. Park always spoke to me about my experience and the treatment plan he recommended for me, not others with my condition. I always felt like he was invested in my journey...
Most of the nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] were wonderful to work with and made a big effort to know every patient's name and situation...We have excellent insurance coverage, so our out of pocket costs were minimal. My Femara was free as a generic, our total IVF cost was under $2000, and our IUI cycle was only $100. Not sure what retail costs are...
2009 - 2014
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was exactly the doctor that I was looking for. He was easy to talk to, and he was great at listening to me in a way that let him make recommendations or adjust treatment. He wasn't overly optimistic or overly negative - just very frank about my situation and why he recommended what he did. When our IVF cycle failed, he was very empathetic. When we achieved both of our pregnanices, he was ecstatic for us.
Be ready for an honest and frank discussion of your treatment options and give heavy weight to Dr. Park's recommendations.
He diagnosed me on my first visit with PCOS. Our first cycle was clomid (not sure of the dose), and I did not ovulate. The second cycle was femara, and I did ovulate but the timing was not optimal. Since we had insurance coverage, he recommended we move straight to IVF. I did a very low dose of menopur and follistim that had to be reduced part way through because I was responding too well. I was already starting to hyperstimulate before planned retrieval, so we had to move retrieval up and change my trigger medication. I triggered with a low dose of Pregnyl. On retrieval day, we got 11 eggs. They made 8 embryos, none of which divided well. At day 3, we had 1 that looked promising, so we went ahead with transfer. That transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test. The following month, we were going to restart with Femara. I took a cycle of progesterone to start my period, and evidently, it caused me to ovulate because we conceived our daughter accidentally. Four years later, we decided to try again. We did a cycle of Femara and IUI. Everything looked great at the day 12 ultrasound, but we wound up abandoning the cycle for personal reasons. The following year, we were ready to try again. We did another cycle of Femara and IUI. I made 4 eggs that cycle (very unusual for Femara), but we decided to go ahead with the IUI. We conceived our son.
Most of the nurses were wonderful to work with and made a big effort to know every patient's name and situation.

2013 - 2014
He [Dr. Park] remembered my name, he took the time to speak with me directly and looking me in the face, not just looking at the medical notes or his computer. He was warm, accommodating, and reassuring and explained everything he did and why... My only issue was that I had to press really hard to get the surgery, which is ultimately what worked....It was mostly trying to get the timing right with the IUIs. But as we couldn't determine the reason for the infertility it was hard to figure out how to cure it.
The other two doctors weren't as great as Dr Park. They were either focused on other things or pushy toward IVF...[Nursing Staff] They were excellent. Highly knowledgeable and friendly...He [Dr. Park] was a skilled surgeon and did my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy very cleanly and then explained my results. My only issue was that I had to press really hard to get the surgery, which is ultimately what worked...It was mostly trying to get the timing right with the IUIs. But as we couldn't determine the reason for the infertility it was hard to figure out how to cure it.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He was very knowledgeable and professional. He explained results and next steps in an understandable manner. If I wanted to try something different or in conjunction with my treatment he was open to alternative methods. He was a skilled surgeon and did my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy very cleanly and then explained my results. My only issue was that I had to press really hard to get the surgery, which is ultimately what worked.
Do your own research. Doctors aren't inflatable. But John is definitely the best one there.
He remembered my name, he took the time to speak with me directly and looking me in the face, not just looking at the medical notes or his computer. He was warm, accommodating, and reassuring and explained everything he did and why.
They were excellent. Highly knowledgeable and friendly.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Infertility is not easy to diagnose and has a lot of contributing factors. Doctors can only treat what they see so don't go in expecting a cure if you aren't making sure all possible areas are looked at for causes. Doctors will treat with drugs and procedures but those aren't always fixing the problem. Make sure to advocate for yourself. Don't be bullied into a decision. Ask questions! At the end I felt like I knew almost as much or in some areas more than they did because I did my own research. The other two doctors weren't as great as Dr Park. They were either focused on other things or pushy toward IVF.
At the time that we did treatments it was covered by my insurance so I don't really remember. But each office visit was more than $100. The surgery I had we ended up paying probably over $1000, and I only had to pay 10% of the bill.
+ Read more- Read less

John Park was very caring, compassionate and sensitive when he delivered the news that our baby didn’t have a heart beat and that we would miscarry. ... I was actually apart of a clinical trial for a new drug. We had to follow the protocol that the study set up. ... He also took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. ... He was very kind and seemed to be just as happy as we were to have the chance at having a baby. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. It felt like he genuinely cared about us.
Strengths [of Carolina Conceptions]: good communication, lovely reception staff, very organized Weaknesses: a little better flow and organization in the area that blood is drawn. Some days it was flawless other days it seem unorganized ... I was actually apart of a clinical trial for a new drug. We had to follow the protocol that the study set up. ... She [nurse] is quick to respond to my emails and showed us so much compassion and care through the whole process.
European, Black or African-American
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask lots of questions, it helped me feel more comfortable and he will answer them!
John Park was very caring, compassionate and sensitive when he delivered the news that our baby didn’t have a heart beat and that we would miscarry. He also took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns.
I was actually apart of a clinical trial for a new drug. We had to follow the protocol that the study set up. I was actually not allowed to know what was going on at first until they told me I was ready for the retrieval. We had the retrieval and our of 19 eggs only 2 embryos made it to day 5. We had a fresh transfer that ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks 6 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Lloyd)
Shannon is just amazing. She is quick to respond to my emails and showed us so much compassion and care through the whole process. She would always answer my questions and thoroughly explain things I wasn’t sure about. She made me feel truly cared about and special.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths: good communication, lovely reception staff, very organized Weaknesses: a little better flow and organization in the area that blood is drawn. Some days it was flawless other days it seem unorganized
$3,900 for the clinical trial IVF cycle $500 saline ultrasound
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park reviewed ultrasounds, bloodwork, tests, etc from 3 previous doctors quickly to get us in for our consultation. He knew we were anxious and frustrated with a misdiagnosis from previous facility. He made time to work us in for surgery to get us moving on to the next step. ... After taking fertility meds for over 2 years, he decided that alone was not working. To prevent more "side effects" from meds, he asked us to stop and relax to clear our minds and relax for the next step. This has been so helpful!
Scheduling [with Carolina Conceptions] is easy and reminders are sent well in advance. Clean office with very nice staff. They worked with me and my husband to be sure were well taken care of. Financial dept was honest and open about all fees and payment plans... After coming on the wrong day for appt. Nurse Taylor worked us in due to our head nurse being off that day.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park reviewed ultrasounds, bloodwork, tests, etc from 3 previous doctors quickly to get us in for our consultation. He knew we were anxious and frustrated with a misdiagnosis from previous facility. He made time to work us in for surgery to get us moving on to the next step. A1 doctor!
Trust him! He wants the best outcome for you, your spouse, and your growing family!
Dr. Park was very open to reviewing all the material from 3 doctors. He assessed our situation carefully and put us on a one way street to becoming parents. He, along with his nurses, have moved quickly and completed test, surgery, and consultations within a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Lloyd Taylor Allison)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Scheduling is easy and reminders are sent well in advance. Clean office with very nice staff. They worked with me and my husband to be sure were well taken care of. Financial dept was honest and open about all fees and payment plans
Cost were as to be expected. Due to insurance co-pay was the same as other facilities. Cost of treatment was similar to those in the area.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Park] was a nice and friendly man. He makes the whole idea of infertility less scary. It was like talking to a regular person and not just a doctor. Our first meeting with him we left feeling so hopeful. By the time he did the tests we sort of feel like he gave up a little though. Like it wasn't going to be an easy answer...so do what you want. Options are IUI or IVF. I don't feel like he gave us must direction on which to go with.
I think that they [Carolina Conceptions] are organized and easy to get in touch with. I like that a doctor travels 2 hours to come to our area seeing as we do not have infertility doctors around, that I know of. It would be great if we could do some of the procedures from this location rather than driving 2 hours to the office.... The "try at home" timed method will be a little over $10,000 per round.... We did not work with any of the nursing staff...yet.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He was a nice and friendly man. He makes the whole idea of infertility less scary. It was like talking to a regular person and not just a doctor. Our first meeting with him we left feeling so hopeful. By the time he did the tests we sort of feel like he gave up a little though. Like it wasn't going to be an easy answer...so do what you want. Options are IUI or IVF. I don't feel like he gave us must direction on which to go with.
Get the pricing of the fees for procedures first and then have a discussion with him.
He took his time with us and gave us hope. I felt like he really cared and was interested in what was going on.
After we decided to do a couple rounds of IUIS (prior to knowing price) he suggested the full round/array of drugs and how we would do the "try at home method".
We did not work with any of the nursing staff...yet. From whom we talked to, they were friendly though.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We have only had two appointments with them so far so I do not have much to say. I think that they are organized and easy to get in touch with. I like that a doctor travels 2 hours to come to our area seeing as we do not have infertility doctors around, that I know of. It would be great if we could do some of the procedures from this location rather than driving 2 hours to the office.
It will cost close to $20,000 with medications for IVF. The "try at home" timed method will be a little over $10,000 per round.
+ Read more- Read less

I communicated with him [Dr. John Park] through email and he was quick to respond. Most of the time I did not see him in the clinic. The times I did see him he was very helpful and went above and beyond...Dr. Park is always very friendly and very helpful. He listens to my concerns and offers good advice and options.
All of the nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] I saw were very informative and compassionate. They knew what they were doing completely. They were always friendly and helpful in person as well as on the phone...I think that the clinic is wonderful. I would not change anything about it...We used injectables with timed intercourse one time everything looked great but did not end in pregnancy. We did IUI two times (with injections) one time with 2 follicles and one time with possibly 4. Sperm count was great but still no pregnancy
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park was very informative and to the point. He offered advice and answered questions. I communicated with him through email and he was quick to respond. Most of the time I did not see him in the clinic. The times I did see him he was very helpful and went above and beyond.
Make sure to bring a list of questions. It is hard to remember everything. Write things down as they are being told to you.
We used injectables with timed intercourse one time everything looked great but did not end in pregnancy. We did IUI two times (with injections) one time with 2 follicles and one time with possibly 4. Sperm count was great but still no pregnancy. We didn't see the need to continue IUI due to cost. We wanted to stop and save for IVF.
All of the nurses I saw were very informative and compassionate. They knew what they were doing completely. They were always friendly and helpful in person as well as on the phone.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I think that the clinic is wonderful. I would not change anything about it.
Due to my insurance not covering anything other than timed intercourse with injectables the cost was very high each time for IUI.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park is very specific, knowledgeable, and genuine. He is always reachable for questions via email, and I feel like he is able to be trusted with my treatment plan. We waited longer for a new patient appointment specifically to meet with him, and we weren't disappointed!... My eggs had low counts but my husband had plenty of sperm, so we began with a combination of timed intercourse with follistim/gonalF. After 4 rounds we were unable to conceive. We had the option of IUI and IVF as the next steps, and my husband and I are about to do our first IVF round. We did not feel IUI was worth the investment since has a minimally higher success rate than timed intercourse.
The staff is wonderful at Carolina Conceptions. The front desk people are sweet and funny - a lovely detail in an unlovely situation. The nurses and financial folks are equally nice and knowledgeable.... The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is incredible. They are kind, helpful, and always have answers to my questions.... or one of our first blood tests, the lab did not include one panel the doctor ordered. We have had no issues since and Dr. Park was both befuddled and apologetic that it happened.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or get more information when meeting with Dr. Park.
Dr. Park never seems rushed. He seems genuinely concerned about our situation and optimistic we will ultimately have a baby.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
3 rounds of medications for timed intercourse depleted $10,000 in insurance coverage. Every visit was $25-50 in copays, so $75-150 per round. IVF will be roughly $17,000 without insurance.
I believe the max transfer is 2 embryos. Dr. Park is conscientious that those could still result in 4 babies.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Park is a kind-hearted, compassionate doctor. He is an excellent active listener. He listens to all concerns and questions, and then answers your questions. He does not talk over you. He offers little bits of personal experience to comfort you and encourage you along the way.
[Carolina Conceptions is] Well organized, great response time for return phone calls.... [The nursing staff is] Attentive, compassionate, organized and very educated. Very well spoken and great bedside manner!! ... We met and discussed options and suggestions. He felt confident we could benefit from assisted ovulation with IUI, trying to produce as many eggs as possible and bypass the damaged areas. We did our first round in March(2017) with a negative pregnancy result.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Trust trust trust...This process is hard enough!! If you can trust in his expertise, it gives a small amount of relief.
Dr. Park talked with both my husband and myself directly. He looked us both in the eyes, explaining the entire process in detail, assuring us and encouraging us throughout!
Dr. Park reviewed previous medical history( surgeries, results, scans, ultrasounds, blood work , hormone levels, sperm analysis). We met and discussed options and suggestions. He felt confident we could benefit from assisted ovulation with IUI, trying to produce as many eggs as possible and bypass the damaged areas. We did our first round in March(2017) with a negative pregnancy result. We have just started our second round this month(April 2017). Keeping our fingers crossed!!!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Well organized, great response time for return phone calls.
Close to 1000-1500 out of pocket
We did not discuss embryo transfer
+ Read more- Read less

I can’t say enough good things about my experience working with Dr. Park... the 4th doctor and clinic I sought infertility treatment with after moving to Raleigh from NYC. By the time I met Dr. Park, I had 2 years of failed treatment, including 2 failed IVF cycles, a failed FET cycle, and numerous failed IUI and medicated cycles. Despite our dismal track record and our advanced maternal age, and Dr. Park remained optimistic about our path forward and ultimately successfully helped us conceive our beautiful son. Dr. Park has a very friendly and warm demeanor and great bedside manner. He’s extremely intelligent and I appreciated his analytical nature. Through the entire process, he was extremely responsive to all questions and emails/messages in a prompt manner.
Appointments [at Carolina Conceptions] were always prompt and on time. Staff is very friendly and compassionate, I had a positive experience with everyone in interacted with. Follow ups via phone or email were also always prompt and timely...By the time I met Dr. Park, I had 2 years of failed treatment, including 2 failed IVF cycles, a failed FET cycle, and numerous failed IUI and medicated cycles. Despite our dismal track record and our advanced maternal age, and Dr. Park remained optimistic about our path forward and ultimately successfully helped us conceive our beautiful son.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I can’t say enough good things about my experience working with Dr. Park and Carolina Conceptions. Dr. Park was the 4th doctor and clinic I sought infertility treatment with after moving to Raleigh from NYC. By the time I met Dr. Park, I had 2 years of failed treatment, including 2 failed IVF cycles, a failed FET cycle, and numerous failed IUI and medicated cycles. Despite our dismal track record and our advanced maternal age, and Dr. Park remained optimistic about our path forward and ultimately successfully helped us conceive our beautiful son. Dr. Park has a very friendly and warm demeanor and great bedside manner. He’s extremely intelligent and I appreciated his analytical nature. Through the entire process, he was extremely responsive to all questions and emails/messages in a prompt manner. There was only a single appointment that I had to wait to be seen which was a result of him getting pulled into an emergency surgery. I honestly believe Dr. Park is a miracle worker and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Appointments were always prompt and on time. Staff is very friendly and compassionate, I had a positive experience with everyone in interacted with. Follow ups via phone or email were also always prompt and timely.
Costs were covered by insurance.
+ Read more- Read less
thought dr.park was kind and truly loves his job. He took time to answer all of our questions and I had a lot.... He listened to our concerns and I like that he gave us statistics. I like having a lot of information and I did not want someone to tell me just what I wanted to hear... I had some early complications and their office set me up last minute appointments and was very reassuring.
The first time I went to their office [Carolina Conceptions] I felt the nurses were not very knowledgeable and kind of aloof. My last experience at CC has been so much better. When I went for my transfer the nurse really went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and they have been quick to call back with any questions or concerns I have. I hate playing phone tag with the nursing staff which often happens with their phone system.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I thought dr.park was kind and truly loves his job. He took time to answer all of our questions and I had a lot. I'm happy to say I now have a beautiful baby boy. I had some early complications and their office set me up last minute appointments and was very reassuring.
Do your research before visiting and have frank and open conversations with your SO beforehand. IVF is scary and intimidating but they Will walk you through it all.
I can't remember the medications anymore but we used injectable mess. I was able to do all the monitoring visits remotely which was very helpful.
The first time I went to their office I felt the nurses were not very knowledgeable and kind of aloof. My last experience at CC has been so much better. When I went for my transfer the nurse really went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and they have been quick to call back with any questions or concerns I have. I hate playing phone tag with the nursing staff which often happens with their phone system.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I don't care for the nurse callback system but I love every single doctor I have met there.
5000 for a fresh Ivf cycle plus medicine and then 2500 for a frozen cycle
+ Read more- Read less

John park was very humble. John answered any question I had with being patient to explaining things over and over if I asked. Most of the encouraging words he gave me after two failed iui. His words " I'm sorry that happened don't give up keep trying we will find the best solution "... First I did my consult finding the best alternative in Greenville nc. Second visit was in Raleigh where I found out we are going to do iui with gonal f then ovidrel with like 30 percent chance to work. My body responded fine to the treatment. And we did that twice but both times were negative pregnancy test. Now me and my husband are working hard on getting the money saved to do ivf because doctor park said that would have a higher percentage to conceive so we are not giving up thanks to the encouraging words of doctor john park.
[The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions are] Always smiling and concerned as well giving me encouraging words... In all we payed almost 4000 for medication visit and iui procedure both times... First I did my consult finding the best alternative in Greenville nc. Second visit was in Raleigh where I found out we are going to do iui with gonal f then ovidrel with like 30 percent chance to work. My body responded fine to the treatment. And we did that twice but both times were negative pregnancy test. Now me and my husband are working hard on getting the money saved to do ivf because doctor park said that would have a higher percentage to conceive so we are not giving up thanks to the encouraging words of doctor john park.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't give up, ask questions because doctor park will always be there and helpful.
I felt like a human because they way he explained the chances and procedure and feeling concerned when I had the negative pregnancy test also encouraged me to keep trying
Always smiling and concerned as well giving me encouraging words
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are good with everything no flaws or dislikes at all
In all we payed almost 4000 for medication visit and iui procedure both times
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park was an amazing Doctor. I would recommend him to anyone trying to conceive. He is compassionate, respectful, and knowledgeable. I never felt alone or confused during my treatment. When I first met him, I was close to giving up, but he was very honest with me and set up a treatment plan that I believed would be successful. He took the time to get to know me and my situation, making me feel important. Now, at 4 months pregnant I am forever grateful
I can not say enough about Carolina Conceptions. From the reception desk to the doctor, I am so pleased with my time there. They really care about their patients and their well being. Every patient is on a first name basis and you feel important, not just like another patient...The nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions is amazing. They were compassionate and walked me through every step of the way.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Be honest with Dr. Park about your concerns and trust him even when you're scared.
Dr. Park treated me with the upmost respect and took the extra time to explain everything to me. He answered all my questions honestly and "held my hand" through every step.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Monitoring visits at Carolina Conceptions were fast and efficient. I was in and out within 15 minutes which was important to me since I had to travel an hour to get to work. My visits were scheduled early which was allowed me to limit the time away from work.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
For all of my cycles [with Dr. John Park] I was on Menopur and Gonal as well as estradiol and progesterone. The first transfer I used Crinone progresterone inserts and the second cycle I started with progesterone injections and then changed to Crinone. The dosage of the Gonal varied based on the progression of the egg size...He really took the time to listen to our needs and was very sympathetic when things didn't go as planned
We met with a lot of different nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] through our 5 cycles and they were all very helpful and respectful...The communication with the embryologists could be improved. Sometimes it was hard to understand some of what they had to say. The front desk was awesome - super helpful and sympathetic...For all of my cycles I was on Menopur and Gonal as well as estradiol and progesterone. The first transfer I used Crinone progresterone inserts and the second cycle I started with progesterone injections and then changed to Crinone. The dosage of the Gonal varied based on the progression of the egg size.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Park was very sympathetic and really listened to our questions and concerns and took time with us. I wish overall we knew about the good and bad parts of the IVF process prior to starting as some aspects were a surprise for us, but I would definitely go back to Dr. Park if we decide to have more children in the future. He has helped give us two beautiful children.
Ask lots of questions and really understand the good and bad that can happen. Be prepared for a roller coaster ride of emotions.
We met with a lot of different nurses through our 5 cycles and they were all very helpful and respectful
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
My insurance didnt cover very much so we shelled out about $60k over the course of our IVF process.
The clinic will do what you want, but they encourage single transfers for PGS tested embryos which is what we did

2012 - 2016
Dr Park is very thorough during consults and clearly defines risks and benefits of options. During appointments he is not quite as thorough and I feel that might be due to time constraints. He is compassionate, but should work on his delivery of bad news.... Despite it being 4 years between treatments it seemed that Dr park remembered me.
This clinic [Carolina Conceptions] has become very busy. There were several occasions when I waited 15-30 minutes beyond my appointment time to be seen. Steven is the most friendly front desk coordinator.... Front desk told me incorrect date for FET but clarified with nurse after I questioned her. I was routinely over charged for appointments and then received refunds.
2012 - 2016
There is hope.
We used lupron protocol during our fresh IVF attempt. Dr Park also provided the protocol for our second FET attempt. I do not remember many details from the fresh cycle as it was 5 years ago. The FET we used estradiol, estrace, IM progesterone.
The nurses who provide the education are very knowledgeable. They however seem overstretched and on occasion understaffed.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic has become very busy. There were several occasions when I waited 15-30 minutes beyond my appointment time to be seen. Steven is the most friendly front desk coordinator.
We have been lucky in the past to have insurance coverage. Our fresh cycle was covered at 90% and the majority of our drugs were no cost as my husband was employed by Merck and they produced many of my medications. my husband has switched jobs and now our coverage is more limited. Our 2 FET attempts cost almost $5000 out of pocket between copays,labs, medications.
This practice has the preference for single embryo transfer when possible, but did opt for 2 embryo transfer to increase our odds during our second FET attempt.

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Park was clear about the possible outcomes but encouraged us to make our own decisions and supported what we wanted to try. He offered suggestions and alternatives. He was very understanding what we were going through and provided us with as much information/facts we wanted/needed to make informed choices...We wanted to try to fertilize one of my eggs. We tried hormones/injections to increase the number of eggs released twice. We had poor results. We attempted the IUI even though Dr. Park was not hopeful it would be successful. It was not, but we were well informed and the result was not surprising, although disappointing.
The financial advisor [at Carolina Conceptions] was uninformed, didn't seem to know what was and was not covered, and became hostile with me once when i was confused about a bill. I admit I was also upset but with the hormones I was injecting and the emotional impact of what we were going through, she should have been compassionate, understanding, and calming...they were kind, offered non-business hours for procedures, and helpful.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
We often did not need to see Dr. Park - we were there for a baseline ultrasound and just needed to see the technician; however either Dr. Park or an other physician was always there to step in if we had questions/concerns.
I highly recommend him.
I don't have much of a memory of them, but they were kind, offered non-business hours for procedures, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The financial advisor was uninformed, didn't seem to know what was and was not covered, and became hostile with me once when i was confused about a bill. I admit I was also upset but with the hormones I was injecting and the emotional impact of what we were going through, she should have been compassionate, understanding, and calming.
I don't really recall.
We did not elect to transfer multiple eggs upon our own research, my past history of FGR, and our doctor's recommendation.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Park was very kind and compassionate, yet was real about the process. He took our questions and concerns into consideration and didn't belittle in anyway what we were feeling. He was very approachable and made me feel comfortable and valued as a patient...Dr. Park took the time to explicitly explain the process of IUI as well as the statistics for our likelihood of achieving a pregnancy. He spent time with us, answered our questions, and did not seem to be rushing to the next appointment. I really appreciated how real he was and compassionate!
The cost was laid out by the financial coordinator [at Carolina Conceptions]. We met with her once we decided our course of action...The office staff was organized, friendly, encouraging, and accommodating. The waiting room was aesthetically pleasing. I always felt welcomed! All of this truly set the tone for the clinic as a whole!..The nursing staff was so friendly, supportive, and encouraging! They were a huge part of why I have such a positive view of Carolina Conceptions!
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Definitely make your concerns known!
We complete IUI for 2 cycles Letrozole 2.5mg, 2 pills for 5 days on days 3-7 of my period. Ovidrel injection - trigger shot after ultrasound to determine if there was an egg.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The cost was laid out by the financial coordinator. We met with her once we decided our course of action. The costs were laid out to help us understand and to know when we would pay each portion.

2012 - 2015
Dr Park created a treatment plan tailored to my needs based on my diagnosis and the results of prior treatments. He talked to us and valued our input. He is reachable by email and always answers right away...Dr Park took outcomes of each cycle personally. It is obvious that he and the team at CC stay active in current research and trends and bring cutting edge treatment to patients. He is very reachable, compassionate, and invested...
I honestly can't think of a weakness. The front desk staff is so friendly. Not something you see all that often in a fertility clinic. The business office staff is tremendous. They mase things happen with our insurance and they did it efficiently. The nursing staff is second to none. The CNAs are so kind. Even the embryologists make an effort to get to know you...These people become family. The level of patience and compassion they showed us is unparalleled...
2012 - 2015
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is happy to have patients be very involved in their care and that is to your benefit.
Added Menopur to my stims to help with egg quality. Added assisted hatching to the frozen embryos we brought to the clinic Added "embryo glue" Used a 3 month cycle of Lupron to treat endometriosis and help with egg quality. Unlike I've seen in other clinics he made certain to start a fresh stim cycle before I had a period.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We are very lucky in that we had insurance coverage. Our out of pocket costs did not exceed 5000 over the course of our treatment

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr park made this heartbreaking situation doable. He made me feel like I could do this and was a rock star bc I did. He was patient and kind, and we got our sweet healthy little boy bc of him.... We did 2 failed iui s, so due to male fertility factor we moved on with ivf. My husband was deployed so we froze the sperm. I then started the hormone shots, I was borderline ovarian hyperstimulation ao we adjusted the drugs according. We then did the retrieval, and 5 days later did the implantation. We were fortunate enough to have our baby boy. But none of the other embryos made it.
We were generously given a military discount [at Carolina Conceptions] So we were very blessed that dr parks did that for us.... Strength is all they have. Stephen at the front desk was amazing. They were open all the time and so flexibale.... They [the nursing staff] were always an email away! And I emailed at least 200 times! Always patient with me and my wacky questions.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr park made this heartbreaking situation doable. He made me feel like I could do this and was a rock star bc I did. He was patient and kind, and we got our sweet healthy little boy bc of him. I couldn't be any happier with the services we received.
Be open. Ask questions and have faith. He is good. And he will do everything in his power to help you. So take a deep breath and know you are in good hands.
Dr parks was the nicest, most human dr I've ever seen. He was patient and kind. He took the time to call and email me. He put us at ease. I couldn't have asked for a better dr.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Any remember)
They were always an email away! And I emailed at least 200 times! Always patient with me and my wacky questions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
We were generously given a military discount. So we were very blessed that dr parks did that for us.

2012 - 2013
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Park is an amazing doctor. His bedside manner is so calm and caring, it's just amazing. Having infertility issues is very hard emotionally and Dr. Park's manner helped to ease a little of the stress, but he was also frank with where I was. It's hard to find that type of compassion in a doctor and Dr. Park is one of them. I am so lucky that Carolina Conceptions was close to home...
This clinic [at Carolina Conceptions] is very friendly. It put a lot of my anxiety at ease because the staff was so great. From the receptionists, to the phlebotomists and nursing staff, everyone was great and very empathetic...I don't remember the cost, but fortunately I have infertility insurance, so a lot of it was covered...
2012 - 2013
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I gave examples in my last statement. One thing I did not write is that he is also a very good listener.
Listen to what he has to say. He is very compassionate and wants to do the best thing for you, but at the same time is very realistic on what they can do.
I only did IVF once because I was on the highest dose of everything and it only resulted in 3 eggs. They tried to create embryos, but none took. Dr. Park was very frank with me in the results and that he did not think it was worth trying IVF again as my reserve was very low and didn't have good eggs. He spent a lot of time talking with me about donor eggs. So we went that route and now have 2 beautiful children.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic is very friendly. It put a lot of my anxiety at ease because the staff was so great. From the receptionists, to the phlebotomists and nursing staff, everyone was great and very empathetic.

IUI, 1 IVF
I was lucky that my cycle went so smoothly so we really didn’t need to make adjustments at all. I knew he [Dr. Park] had a handle on my situation and I was confident in his protocol suggested. I never had to wait during appointments and could also see him at a time which was convenient for me. ... 2 days later was my egg retrieval and 5 days later we transferred a grade 4BB embryo.
They [Carolina Conceptions] are very organized. I never waited long at all for my appointments. Typically more more than 5 minutes. I was always in and out quickly and could always get an appointment when I needed. All the staff were very friendly. ... Since I did a clinical trial my costs were greatly reduced ... I loved her [Nurse]. She always answered my emails extremly and reassured me when I was feeling nervous or unsure.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He was great. I was lucky that my cycle went so smoothly so we really didn’t need to make adjustments at all. I knew he had a handle on my situation and I was confident in his protocol suggested. I never had to wait during appointments and could also see him at a time which was convenient for me.
Trust him !
Dr Park was fantastic. He always had time to answer my questions and I really just trusted him fully.
I was enrolled in a clinical trial so we were limited in protocol. I did not take birth control before the cycle. I took the injections for the trial for only 8 days when we scheduled the transfer. That night I used Ganirelix 10,000. 2 days later was my egg retrieval and 5 days later we transferred a grade 4BB embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Shannon )
I loved her. She always answered my emails extremly and reassured me when I was feeling nervous or unsure.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are very organized. I never waited long at all for my appointments. Typically more more than 5 minutes. I was always in and out quickly and could always get an appointment when I needed. All the staff were very friendly.
Since I did a clinical trial my costs were greatly reduced
For the clinical trial I was only permitted to transfer a single embryo

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Park [at Carolina Conceptions] always makes me feel cared for and comfortable. He gives me so much hope that we will be able to one day conceive a child. He doesn't let me give up...Dr Park from the beginning has been very clear on what is going on with my infertility. He takes the time to thoroughly explain what is going on and what the best course of treatments are for me. He has never passed me off to another doctor. He performs my ultrasounds during our visits and he reassures me that we will get pregnant. We are currently still under his care.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open and honest with him about your history and how you are feeling about the process.
Dr. Park always makes me feel cared for and comfortable. He gives me so much hope that we will be able to one day conceive a child. He doesn't let me give up.
I have done pills such as Femara which helped me produce follicles, but not many mature ones. After two cycles we have now begun Follistim 150 injectables with Ganirelix and Ovidrel as the trigger shot. We are currently in the middle of a cycle. We have not had success as of yet.
The nursing staff is very friendly and they do a great job answering any questions we have.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is wonderful! They have state of the art equipment and everything can be done in house.
My insurance has covered my visits so far and medications. So far we cannot afford IVF or IUI. My insurance doesn't cover that.

Anovulation, Unexplained
He [Dr. Park] has excellent bedside manner...He also responds quickly to questions and is easy to talk to...He is compassionate and always made time for any questions. He also worked me in during his lunch when I had a cycle canceled and came up with a new plan, which meant the world to me. He also responds to email quickly...We did one round of clomid- no ovulation. Then one round of injectibles that was supposed to be with times intercourse, but I made too many eggs and the cycle was canceled. Then we did IVF with an egg retrieval and frozen transfer seven weeks later because my uterus was not ready right after the retrieval!
Honestly, they [Carolina Conceptions] are excellent through the whole process and it truly feel like all of their employees really care for you. I would highly recommend them!! :) ... Approximately $20,000 total, including ultrasounds, blood work, and meds... [Nursing staff] Excellent. They are all friendly and helpful and quick to answer questions! :)... [Dr. Park] He is compassionate and always made time for any questions...He has excellent bedside manner
Anovulation, Unexplained
You will love him! :)
He has excellent bedside manner and even worked me in one time to come up with a plan when a cycle was cancelled. He also responds quickly to questions and is easy to talk to.
We did one round of clomid- no ovulation. Then one round of injectibles that was supposed to be with times intercourse, but I made too many eggs and the cycle was canceled. Then we did IVF with an egg retrieval and frozen transfer seven weeks later because my uterus was not ready right after the retrieval! That was successful and we are currently pregnant with triplets, praying for a good outcome.
Excellent. They are all friendly and helpful and quick to answer questions! :)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Honestly, they are excellent through the whole process and it truly feel like all of their employees really care for you. I would highly recommend them!! :)
Approximately $20,000 total, including ultrasounds, blood work, and meds
He counseled us fully on each and chose to transfer two embryos.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Park] tries to be considerate and kind...It's nice to be able to reach him via email as I want expecting this. However their bedside manner is not great. It's awkward sometimes and they don't know how to be comforting when I've had my miscarriages...Before this last frozen transfer we did 3 months of Lupron to help with an uterus llining issue I have...One time they were supposed to do a thorough blood work but the lab only drew for estrogen level. There was miscommunication between then and the doctor.
The front desk staff [at Carolina Conceptions] is very nice. They are so busy though sometimes it's hard to get in. Their telephone answering system is very strange. It always goes to a message so hard to know if the office is open or close...Most of them [nurses] are good they know you by name and friendly...One time they were supposed to do a thorough blood work but the lab only drew for estrogen level. There was miscommunication between then and the doctor. I had to go back again to get the correct labs done.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Be more compassionate and work on bedside manners. When going thru traumatic event such a miscarriage you want a doctor who can have more sympathy versus treating you like just another patient.
He tries to be considerate and kind
We have done two refrigerators so far. Before this last frozen transfer we did 3 months of Lupron to help with an uterus llining issue I have. I hope that helps and I'm finally pregnant.
Most of them are good they know you by name and friendly
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk staff is very nice. They are so busy though sometimes it's hard to get in. Their telephone answering system is very strange. It always goes to a message so hard to know if the office is open or close
We've spent in the neighborhood of 15k so far for the 2 cycles we've done. Our insurance coverage for infertility is almost over and I don't know how we will continue with such expensive treatments if we are not successful this time around.
Their messages on the TVs in their office always say single but he has always suggested two transfers.

2009 - 2017
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr Park was wonderful. He has a great bedside manner and my husband and I felt well informed about all our fertility options. He gave us all the facts and statistics and then let us make our own informed decisions without pressure. He was always responsive to any questions we had.... Fresh cycle with ICSI-negative pregnancy test 2 frozen cycles-negative pregnancy tests Donor egg cycle with ICSI and surrogate-successful twin pregnancy. I had undergone a total hysterectomy the year prior.
Everyone in the clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is so friendly and I felt like they truly were invested in our care and want to see everyone's cycle be successful. The clinic runs smoothly and on time. They provide all services in the clinic so you do not have to travel to separate labs or surgical suites.... All the nurses were absolutely wonderful. Tammy was on top of everything and kept us on track always.
2009 - 2017
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He is very receptive to questions, so ask them. You should never walk out feeling like you don't understand something.
Dr Park was always very easy to talk to and very concerned with what was best for our specific situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Tammy Enders)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Everyone in the clinic is so friendly and I felt like they truly were invested in our care and want to see everyone's cycle be successful. The clinic runs smoothly and on time. They provide all services in the clinic so you do not have to travel to separate labs or surgical suites.
He allowed us to make our own decision after he gave us the statistics
+ Read more- Read less

Very friendly on the phone. All of the front desk people [at Carolina Conceptions] are friendly. Sometimes when you call it's hard to hear...the phone cuts out. It's happened a couple of times.... We met with the nurse Coordinator to start the IVF process so she explained injections. It was a lot to cover but she did a good job.... We are doing a single cycle to start with ivf. We paid a little over $6,000 to Carolina Conceptions but we still have to pay for medicine. I'm not sure how much that will be. Will have to pay for additional doctor visits as we go.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Park seems very educated about the process and explained our different options. We related to him because of his up front explanations of the different processes. We met with him once and he explained everything but we needed time to think about it. We took some time off and came back to speak with him again once we were more certain. He responded to my emails promptly with any of my questions. He even responded on the weekend. We choose dr. Park over going to unc fertility.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Park did a great job explaining everything.
I am just starting the process. I am about to start birth control and take a salene baseline. I haven't really started IVF yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very friendly on the phone. All of the front desk people are friendly. Sometimes when you call it's hard to hear...the phone cuts out. It's happened a couple of times.
He said we could do either way we wanted and that it is up to us.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I wanted that one on one experience that made me feel like the doctor was on my side. He [Dr. John Park] never performed one procedure on me just the initial meeting and after 3 failed IUI.... I stated on 150ui Follistim. Second month the same only to find out they changed it to 225ui and no one told me. So 3rd round they told me to stay at 150 and then when I met with the doc after 3 failed attempts he said do full 300 next round.
You can never get anyone on the phone must wait for a call back [at Carolina Conceptions]. Your a number so no one knows your specific case... Nurses were great. Some better than others. They are the ones who should receive credit for IUIs they performed every single one... I never knew of my protocol change and I needed meds asap and took days to get them called in
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
I felt as if I was a number. I wanted that one on one experience that made me feel like the doctor was on my side. He never performed one procedure on me just the initial meeting and after 3 failed IUI. Chose to continue treatment with another doctor
If you want a doc that will see you everytehe is not the doctor for you
I only saw the doctor the first visit and then the lady where he told me I was not a good candidate for IVF. In my opinion why did I go thru 3 cycles of IUI if I was not even a good candidate for IVF. Immediately suggested donor eggs
I stated on 150ui Follistim. Second month the same only to find out they changed it to 225ui and no one told me. So 3rd round they told me to stay at 150 and then when I met with the doc after 3 failed attempts he said do full 300 next round. That's when I went for second opinion
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
You can never get anyone on the phone must wait for a call back. Your a number so no one knows your specific case
Expensive meds and many copays IUI covered 3 times under insurance now no coverage left
+ Read more- Read less

My husband and I met with Dr.Parks for our first consultantion and we where both pleased. He shared all our option and we choose IUI and that did not work for us. Then we choose IVF which has been a long journey . I have been well pleased, he explained everything in detail. He has followed through with all task. He has not done any of my procedures, but I have had great care at Carolina Conceptions!
I have been very pleased with all the staff [at Carolina Conceptions] from dr, nurse, front desk, and embryologist!...The cost was quoted at around 10 thousand, plus medication at around 8 thousand. There were additional ultra sounds that where at $300 per visit. Then additional$800 for extra eggs!..The nurse staff was excellent! All class where very informational and through! Always got calls and emails! Our favorite nurse was Terry !
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
Have patience ,a opened mind and stay on track.
I like Dr.Parks, he has been helpful !
We started off with ferma, injection for the IUI for several days, followed by a trigger injection. Unsuccessful ! Then we took BC , done lots of scan to check lining and more injection, egg retrieval , had to freeze embryo, levels to high for fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have been very pleased with all the staff from dr, nurse, front desk, and embryologist!
The cost was quoted at around 10 thousand, plus medication at around 8 thousand. There were additional ultra sounds that where at $300 per visit. Then additional$800 for extra eggs! Have not total everything yet!
He would only transfer 2 embryo's even tho I want him to transfer3!
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
My first treatment [with Dr. Park] was pretty standard and included lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel, followed by progesterone as well as estradiol pills. My second IVF stimulation was the same but added human growth hormone. Since my AMH was low I only produced 10 eggs the first time but then I had 22 with adding the HGH.... He is a very smart person who never makes me feel rushed. He thinks through all his decisions making sure he follows the best course of action regarding treatment. He could be a little better at answering emails, though.
It [Carolina Conceptions] is by far the best option in the area. I live 1.5 hrs away and they satellite with my local dr for monitoring visits which is awesome. The front desk employees are kind, sensitive and helpful. Appointments are always prompt in my opinion.... I think the basic cost for the IVF cycle was around $9,000 which doesn't include medications or monitoring. The FET cycles are around $3,000 which also doesn't include anything else.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
He takes time to talk to me and answer my questions.
My first treatment was pretty standard and included lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel, followed by progesterone as well as estradiol pills. My second IVF stimulation was the same but added human growth hormone. Since my AMH was low I only produced 10 eggs the first time but then I had 22 with adding the HGH.
All of the nurses are kind and most are happy and upbeat. They are all very smart and helpful. They definitely get the job done without hesitation.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
It's by far the best option in the area. I live 1.5 hrs away and they satellite with my local dr for monitoring visits which is awesome. The front desk employees are kind, sensitive and helpful. Appointments are always prompt in my opinion.
Dr. Park doesn't push too much either way, but is very research based in his recommendations.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Park is very thorough and sets realistic expectations. He does not sugar coat things and I prefer that. He communicates well and is compassionate when I have negative pregnancy tests. He changed my course of action when my body didn't respond well to the hormones and my cycle days due to size of follicles.... Dr. Park is very thorough and sets realistic expectations. He does not sugar coat things and I prefer this with my Dr. He always returns emails and answers all my questions.
Clinic is very clean and the front desk and other staff are all very friendly. I have no complaints about Carolina Conceptions... Letrozole 7.5 mgs CD 3-5 follow up us on CD 11. Ovedril injection that night and iui 36 hrs later. I have produced good sized follicles but sadly no positive pregnancy tests.... Because of his bluntness he may not be for everyone. He may only act that way with me though because I told him that is what I expect.
How was your experience with John Park at Carolina Conceptions?
They are very friendly and good at their jobs
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Insurance is covering my procedures so I only have a copay