6.4

104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
978-882-6767

1 patient review filtered by:

I first met Dr. Petrozza when I schedule an appointment with him to perform endometriosis surgery...He did an excellent job with my surgery and I owe my reproductive health to him. I’m currently in the process of doing my first IVF cycle with him...Even though I don’t see him at every appointment (for example, ultrasounds, etc.) I know I’m in great hands and at the end of the day Dr. Petrozza is the one reviewing my charts during my visits with him.
The clinic [at Massachusetts General Hospital] is really busy but well organized. Since starting my stims, I’ve been in and out in less than 30 minutes for both bloodwork and ultrasound...The nurses in the clinic have always been prompt. When I send an email I usually get a response within an hour. The financial department helped me with my insurance and always kept me in the loop.
How was your experience with John Petrozza at Massachusetts General Hospital?
When I was first diagnosed with stage IV endometriosis the GYN said she would have to remove my ovaries and since the endometriomas were so large, laparoscopy wasn’t an option for me. I ran away from her and the scheduled surgery. After a lot of research I decided Dr. Petrozza was the best doctor for me. He did an excellent job with my surgery and I owe my reproductive health to him. I’m currently in the process of doing my first IVF cycle with him. The most important thing is that I trust Dr. Petrozza with my health. Before the cycle started he ordered a number of tests and bloodwork so he can come up with the best treatment plan. What I love the most about him is that he explains everything in detail, tells me all the possible options with their advantages and disadvantages and then tells me his recommendation. With covid all my appointments with him have been virtual. He is always on time and when we meet, he has reviewed my labs and test results. I’m not sure if my IVF will work or not due to my advanced age and endometriosis. What I do know is that I’m in the best care possible and if I do end up pregnant, it will be because of Dr. Petrozza and his outstanding level of care. Even though I don’t see him at every appointment (for example, ultrasounds, etc.) I know I’m in great hands and at the end of the day Dr. Petrozza is the one reviewing my charts during my visits with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Petrozza at Massachusetts General Hospital?
For me personally, I prefer facts and a doctor who is brutally honest and doesn’t give false hope. In all my interactions he has had great bedside manner. What I do recommend if making appointments in advance since he is extremely busy. For example, the day I finished my last test he had ordered, I called to make my follow up appointment knowing the results would be in by the time I see him. So be proactive when it comes to making appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Petrozza at Massachusetts General Hospital?
I first met Dr. Petrozza when I schedule an appointment with him to perform endometriosis surgery. He took the time to explain all the different techniques he uses and which one he felt was the best option for me and why. Since the surgery, he’s always taken the time to explain things and provide me with the best treatment possible. He is smart, caring and compassionate. I never felt like another number. He always remembers me and my medical history.
Describe the protocols John Petrozza used in your cycles at Massachusetts General Hospital and their degree of success.
I’m currently doing the estrogen priming patch protocol. In the middle of stims at the moment. He recommended this protocol due to my age and history of endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Massachusetts General Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Carol )
I cannot being to say how wonderful all the nurses and coordinators are. Carol always follows up immediately after my appointments. She is extremely helpful and organized. The nurses in the clinic have always been prompt. When I send an email I usually get a response within an hour. The financial department helped me with my insurance and always kept me in the loop. I had a lot of issues with my insurance and all the staff were extremely supportive during the process.
Describe your experience with Massachusetts General Hospital.
The clinic is really busy but well organized. Since starting my stims, I’ve been in and out in less than 30 minutes for both bloodwork and ultrasound. I think the most I waited was 10 minutes. Most of the phlebotomists are great (this for me is a big plus since I don’t like needles). My best advice is to be on top of scheduling follow up appointments with your doctor and don’t wait for them to call you with an appointment. Like I said, they do get really busy. The test, u/s and bloodwork appointment are easy to get so you need not worry about that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Petrozza at Massachusetts General Hospital.
I have insurance coverage