5.1

900 N. Kingsbury
Chicago, IL 60610
2555 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026

Dr. Rapisarda is a great physician...we were relieved and impressed by Dr. Rapisarda's communication style. He does not use a "one size fits all" approach. During our first interview he was warm and inquisitive. He wanted to arrive at a clear diagnosis and cause of our secondary infertility...He is very inquisitive and has an investigative approach to diagnosing and treating infertility
The [Fertility Centers of Illinois] clinic is accessible and comfortable. Appointments are easy to schedule through the patient portal. Occasionally you'll be put on hold on the phone to schedule an appointment. We had to transfer a frozen embryo here from another clinic. The embryologist was very cooperative and communicated well with us. One thing which we did not anticipate was seeing other doctors at the clinic for one of the ERA's and for our FET.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rapisarda's demeanor is professional, calm, and warm. He is very inquisitive and has an investigative approach to diagnosing and treating infertility. When he discovered that I had an isthmocele ( a c-section scar defect) he referred me to a surgeon. He let us know our treatment options, including an Endometrial Receptivity Test which assesses the best time to implant an embryo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Come with a list of questions and he will be happy to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rapisarda is a great physician. After a poor experience with another IVF doctor, we were relieved and impressed by Dr. Rapisarda's communication style. He does not use a "one size fits all" approach. During our first interview he was warm and inquisitive. He wanted to arrive at a clear diagnosis and cause of our secondary infertility. He suspected that I had a ismothecele from my previous c-section, and he was correct.
Describe the protocols John Rapisarda used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
He performed a saline ultrasound to diagnosis an isthmocele. He then referred me to a surgeon to determine if an isthmocele repair was necessary or not. He performed an ERA at his office to assess the best day for an embryo transfer. For my FET and ERA, I was put on a protocol of estrogen pills 3x a day and a daily progesterone shot. After it was discovered that there was fluid in my uterus from the estrogen, he changed the protocol so that one of the estrogen pills was taken internally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
The nursing staff at FCI is compassionate, organized, and communicative. My nurse went out of town for a week which led to some difficultly with getting blood test results for a day, but other than that everything went very smoothly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic is accessible and comfortable. Appointments are easy to schedule through the patient portal. Occasionally you'll be put on hold on the phone to schedule an appointment. We had to transfer a frozen embryo here from another clinic. The embryologist was very cooperative and communicated well with us. One thing which we did not anticipate was seeing other doctors at the clinic for one of the ERA's and for our FET. I was very nervous about this but I ended up really liking both the doctors we saw, Dr. Marut and Dr. Sipe. I was impressed about how much Dr. Marut knew about my case. Dr. Sipe had a great bedside manner and performed the FET effortlessly. The one criticism I have for the clinic was that there was some miscommunication about the grade of my embryo, which had been fertilized at my previous clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
We're still waiting for our final bill. Our insurance paid for the first ERA.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
There was some miscommunication about the grade of my embryo, which was fertilized and frozen at another clinic. My previous clinic used a previous grading system. This miscommunication caused a lot of anxiety since they gave me the impression that my embryo was poor quality. After speaking to my nurse, this miscommunication was cleared up. Another miscommunication happened when my nurse was out of town. I had blood drawn several times at a hospital outside of Chicago. The hospital faxed the results but the results were lost twice. I also did not receive my results or a phone call until the next day.
Chicago/River North

When going to see Dr. R [John Rapisarda] we were nervous, anxious, and hoping for the best. He exceeded my expectations. He spent as much time with us as we needed him to, in our first initial consultation appointment. He went over everything about my condition with me, he let me know how each procedure works, and truly made us feel he was willing to do what it takes to get us our baby.
The clinic [Fertility Centers of IL-Glenview] was very welcoming, the front desk staff were very professional and friendly, and the clinic was very clean and put together. We also met with a financial advisor, which is great that they have that, because lets be real.. who can afford to pay for IVF out of pocket. ... If we are qualified to do the Invocell IVF - $8,500-10,000 If we are doing the normal IVF - anywhere from 14,000-16,000
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
My husband and I were very pleased when leaving and felt a big weight was lifted off of our shoulders. We were coming from a clinic where all 3 rounds of treatment didn't work and we were just very down about it all. Dr. R made us feel like there was hope again and he would do everything he could to help us.
Make sure to ask any questions you need to.. no question is a dumb one and he doesn't make you feel like you're being a burden or taking up too much of his time.
When going to see Dr. R we were nervous, anxious, and hoping for the best. He exceeded my expectations. He spent as much time with us as we needed him to, in our first initial consultation appointment. He went over everything about my condition with me, he let me know how each procedure works, and truly made us feel he was willing to do what it takes to get us our baby.
We are just starting with Dr. R - we are starting the IVF treatments the week of 03/12/18. at my previous clinic I did 3 rounds of IUI's
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Dianna)
the nurse that was assigned to us is awesome. I love that we have our own nurse for any questions or concerns. If I have any questions I email her, and she always responds in a very timely matter.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic was very welcoming, the front desk staff were very professional and friendly, and the clinic was very clean and put together. We also met with a financial advisor, which is great that they have that, because lets be real.. who can afford to pay for IVF out of pocket. We truly have nothing but good things to say about this clinic so far! I hope it all works out for us here.
Describe John Rapisarda's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
not at this time.
Glenview
...I was on edge and nervous about ever getting pregnant and needed someone to bring me back to a calm place and explain things in terms I could understand. He [Dr. John Rapisarda] is extremely patient and never rushed through any explanations. The only thing I would have wanted more of is to have communicated with him directly during times that were a challenge. I understand it is very difficult since he has so many patients. though...
The doctor and nurses [at FCI] were excellent. The blood draw was even pleasant and I hate needles. The ultrasound technician was a little quiet, but very competent. The front desk was good, but some team members there could use a little more of an empathetic approach when interacting with patients...Stephanie and Laura were amazing. They were empathetic, compassionate, intelligent, and timely. Stephanie knew exactly how to relate to me. Her and I formed a very special bond and I really cherish her treatment during this time in my life.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rapisarda is a very competent, intelligent, even keel doctor. His bedside manner is exactly what I was looking for. Very calm and warm, but also very subtle and neutral in his demeanor and approach. I really appreciated this since I was the opposite in my demeanor. I was on edge and nervous about ever getting pregnant and needed someone to bring me back to a calm place and explain things in terms I could understand. He is extremely patient and never rushed through any explanations. The only thing I would have wanted more of is to have communicated with him directly during times that were a challenge. I understand it is very difficult since he has so many patients. though.
Trust the process and Dr. Rapisarda. He knows what he is doing. It may not work the first time or the second time, but he will find the right "recipe" to make your dream of having a child come true. Be patient and don't stop living during this time. Try to enjoy your life even during this emotional time. Most importantly, reach out to women and couples who have been there. They are your biggest supporters!
Dr. Rapisarda never made me feel rushed. He explained my diagnosis and treatment options as many times as I needed to fully understand. During my first visits, I was an emotional wreck. It was extremely difficult to grasp I could not get pregnant on my own (or that my chances were very low). I came in with a very negative mindset and slowly I began to trust Dr. Rapisarda and the process. I began to understand the science behind the treatment. He was very neutral, never giving me false hope and never telling me it was going to happen. I really appreciated the level of hope he was giving me because it felt realistic.
I was not a candidate for chlomid. I started with IVF and it was cancelled due to poor response and converted to an IUI cycle that did not work. A few months later, Dr. Rapisarda put me on a different protocol for IVF that did work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Garanzini)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The doctor and nurses were excellent. The blood draw was even pleasant and I hate needles. The ultrasound technician was a little quiet, but very competent. The front desk was good, but some team members there could use a little more of an empathetic approach when interacting with patients.
My insurance covered my treatment. I only had to pay co-pays.
I had a day 3 transfer. It was advised by a different doctor who was on call that we transfer 2 embryos. Given that is was a day 3 transfer and the embryos were less developed. It was a difficult decision to make on the on the spot. I wish I had done a little more research and had information about this possible decision beforehand.
2013 - 2015, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr Rapisarda] was direct but kind, and after years of feeling discouraged my husband and I finally felt a sense of hope. We were delighted to get pregnant on our first IVF cycle, resulting in a beautiful daughter. Two years later our son was born from a FET...I was very fortunate to have my IVF covered by insurance at 80%. The medication was often the costliest part of my care.
It's [FCI in Chicagp] enormous, which is both a strength and weakness. But i always felt comforted being surrounded by so many other women going through the same thing I was. At last, after so many unsuccessful ultrasounds and IUI's at my obgyn, surrounded by happily pregnant women, I no longer felt isolated or like a failure. It's a very efficient clinic and I appreciated that I could often go in for blood work and ultrasounds early enough to not interfere with my work. And it was staffed by very kind people, from the front desk to the lab techs.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He was direct but kind, and after years of feeling discouraged my husband and I finally felt a sense of hope. We were delighted to get pregnant on our first IVF cycle, resulting in a beautiful daughter. Two years later our son was born from a FET.
Don't be afraid to ask follow-up questions. He's extremely knowledgeable and won't hesitate to give you more in-depth answers if you need them.
He was kind and very compassionate. I really could feel that he cared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Sometimes a little difficult to reach when called in with questions, but responsive within the day to questions about lab work, etc.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It's enormous, which is both a strength and weakness. But i always felt comforted being surrounded by so many other women going through the same thing I was. At last, after so many unsuccessful ultrasounds and IUI's at my obgyn, surrounded by happily pregnant women, I no longer felt isolated or like a failure. It's a very efficient clinic and I appreciated that I could often go in for blood work and ultrasounds early enough to not interfere with my work. And it was staffed by very kind people, from the front desk to the lab techs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I was told an incorrect day for an appointment, but when I arrived they accommodated me anyway. I also needed to be prepared with my records and know which tests I had already completed with my obgyn, etc. as the nurses weren't the greatest about checking my records before telling me i needed to get specific tests/work-ups done.
Chicago/River North
Dr. Rapisarda spoke honestly and completely. He explained everything slowly and repeated when necessary -as I was taking notes. I felt like he knew was knowledgable and that I was in good hands. After my first negative pregnancy he explained our next course of action.... One day I went to the clinic for the mandatory psych eval and saw Dr. Rapisarda and he spoke to me by name. I'm not a very vocal, questioning patient so that meant a lot.
The first cycle I worked with Nikki [a nurse at FCI]. She was very compassionate and available. She answered all of my questions, looked me in the eye and kept great track of my records. During this second FET, I'm working with Ali and she has been just as compassionate and responsive. I want to buy them gifts!... 'm amazed at how well FCI runs. If I ever needed an office manager, I would try to poach theirs.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Do not be thrown off by the size of the clinic. I saw it as a source of comfort versus a number or being in a baby factory.
I don't remember the protocols. I'm not sure that I ever asked for those details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Nikki and Ali)
The first cycle I worked with Nikki. She was very compassionate and available. She answered all of my questions, looked me in the eye and kept great track of my records. During this second FET, I'm working with Ali and she has been just as compassionate and responsive. I want to buy them gifts!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I'm amazed at how well FCI runs. If I ever needed an office manager, I would try to poach theirs. The admins at the front desk can be cold but they have little to do with care. Plus, they are the first line of offense so I'm sure they get a lot of pressure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I typically went in at the top of the morning before work. I never had a hard time getting in early. The appointments ran well.
I only paid co-pays.
Dr. Rapisarda was clear on how many embryos to transfer and why. He ultimately allowed me to make my own decision.
Chicago/River North

[Protocol with Dr. John Rapisarda was] Clomid for 5 days— trigger shot and then iui. Progesterone 400mg daily until week 8 of pregnancy...He was very warm and inviting...I would definitely recommend Dr. Rapisarda- he made us feel comfortable. I feel that he really listened to us. He set realistic goals and was prompt to get back with questions. He didn’t sugar coat anything- it gave us realistic expectations.
I absolutely loved the nurses [at Fertility Centers of Illinois]. They fielded all my crazy questions and took my worries away...Billing can be a little vague. Call your insurance yourself and ask lots of questions. My insurance covered up to 15,000 for fertility but I had to meet my deductible first. They will work with you on payment plans though which is amazing...[Protocol with Dr. John Rapisarda waws] Clomid for 5 days— trigger shot and then iui.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
It’s scary but just go! It’ll be worth it!
He was very warm and inviting
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Laura and Mikaela)
I absolutely loved the nurses. They fielded all my crazy questions and took my worries away.
I’m not sure of exact cost but through insurance under 3000 for iui
Glenview

Dr. Rapisarda answered all my questions, laid out pros cons and left decisions up to me and I felt like I had options and choices which is huge because during this process you have very few options and choices. He is respectful and caring when things don't always work out the way they should.
[FCI is a] well organized, well oiled machine which is what you need when you have many many doctors appointments. Get you in, treat you and get you out....Christy was available on email all the time and would respond back super fast. She was a huge help and would put your mind at ease.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Give him a try. He will listen and try to help you.
I was able to easily make an appointment and see the doctor when needed.
My stem cycle was 13 days. Started out on Follistem, then added Medipure was on low dose and monitored to ensure I did not get overstimulated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Christy)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Well organized, well oiled machine which is what you need when you have many many doctors appointments. Get you in, treat you and get you out.
After my deductible was met I paid nothing more.

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
He is very patient and takes the time to answer all questions. He understands the emotional aspect of fertility. He is accessible and makes himself available when there are questions... Dr. Rapisarda called us on his day off when our first transfer with him was unsuccessful.
Very organized and efficient, but busy with a lot of patients. She [my nurse] was great! Very compassionate when we got bad news and just as excited for us when we got good news. She was easy to reach and always got back to us. She communicated through email too, which was nice for quick questions.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Don't be afraid to ask any question.
All my questions were answered. We had many face to face meetings both before and after cycles. Dr. Rapisarda called us on his day off when our first transfer with him was unsuccessful.
Two retrievals, two transfers, pgd, pgs, hysteroscopy for diagnostic purposes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Christy Costa)
She was great! Very compassionate when we got bad news and just as excited for us when we got good news. She was easy to reach and always got back to us. She communicated through email too, which was nice for quick questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Very organized and efficient, but busy with a lot of patients.
Most costs were covered under my insurance.
Chicago/River North

17 eggs first cycle; 32 second cycle [with Dr. John Rapisarda]. Did endometrial biopsy after 3rd failed transfer. Discovered I needed an extra half dose of progesterone. Got pregnant on next transfer...Very caring but also focused on treatment. Straightforward with what we needed to do to have a baby but also understanding that we had to make tough decisions. Always felt understood and included me in the decision-making process.
They [the Fertility Centers of Illinois] are very efficient. They do have a lot of patients and it can be very busy but I didn’t mind that. They have seen a lot of people and I felt confident that they could help us. Everyone was always friendly and compassionate... 17 eggs first cycle; 32 second cycle. Did endometrial biopsy after 3rd failed transfer. Discovered I needed an extra half dose of progesterone. Got pregnant on next transfer.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Antagonist protocol for both stim cycles. 17 eggs first cycle; 32 second cycle. Did endometrial biopsy after 3rd failed transfer. Discovered I needed an extra half dose of progesterone. Got pregnant on next transfer.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They are very efficient. They do have a lot of patients and it can be very busy but I didn’t mind that. They have seen a lot of people and I felt confident that they could help us. Everyone was always friendly and compassionate.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Rapisarda explained everything to the fullest extent (i am a healthcare professional, so for me it is easier to understand most of this "stuff"). He was empathetic when delivering bad news.
The nurses [at FCI Glenview] were always available via phone or email, and would spend any amount of time I needed talking through any questions or problems.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rapisarda explained everything to the fullest extent (i am a healthcare professional, so for me it is easier to understand most of this "stuff"). He was empathetic when delviering bad news.
Make sure you write down all of your questions ahead of time to make sure you ask all of your questions.
The nurses at the office got to know me as a person and were there whenever i needed them. Dr. Rapisarda was always so caring and empathetic whenever i met with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Laura and Jessica)
The nurses were alwasy available via phone or email, and would spend any amount of time I needed talking through any questions or problems.
Glenview

Laura [nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois] is AMAZING. She is truly a gem, and I am so glad we found her. I emailed her well over 100 times (sometimes for silly things) and she always responded promptly and never made us feel like we were bothering her...Dr. Rapisarda And his team made me feel so comfortable and allowed me to feel like I was apart of the treatment plan and not just another number...Dr. Rapisarda did an amazing job at explaining everything the first time we met him. He made us feel completely comfortable with my diagnosis and with our treatment. Every question we had he answered with integrity and never made us feel like a question wasn’t important. If it was important to us, it was important to him...if you’re looking for a dr that is good with PCOS or truly just cares about what you want, then Dr. Rapisarda is the one for you!...he had to keep increasing my progesterone pills because it was very low for each cycle... made me feel so comfortable and allowed me to feel like I was apart of the treatment plan Doctor Nps
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rapisarda And his team made me feel so comfortable and allowed me to feel like I was apart of the treatment plan and not just another number. His nurse Laura Borgeson was SO amazing, and answered all of my crazy questions and assured me every step of the way.
I’m so sorry, I don’t remember what he prescribed me. I do know that he had to keep increasing my progesterone pills because it was very low for each cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Laura Borgeson )
Laura is AMAZING. She is truly a gem, and I am so glad we found her. I emailed her well over 100 times (sometimes for silly things) and she always responded promptly and never made us feel like we were bothering her.
John Rapisarda

I’ve had 4 miscarriages, I ectopic and an unsuccessful transfer. Dr. Rap [John Rapisarda] has been so sensitive to what we’ve gone through while balancing an aggressive treatment plan in hopes of maintinf a pregnancy!... We went through every blood test, sonogram, ultrasound possible. Elected to do PGS testing as well as an ERA (mock trial)... He is so attentive to his patients! Personally calls with results when needed!
[Fertility Centers of IL- Chicago has] Friendly staff, flexible hours! Never had an issue getting in or when I had an emergency, I was seen right away and had a phone call from my doctor within minutes. Open 7 days a week in Chicago. Downside is you have to pay for parking... There’s been a lot of turnover with nurses which does make it difficult as a patient to feel a priority... A couple of times results weren’t provided to me and I had to call to follow up - everything was fine both times!
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I’ve had 4 miscarriages, I ectopic and an unsuccessful transfer. Dr. Rap has been so sensitive to what we’ve gone through while balancing an aggressive treatment plan in hopes of maintinf a pregnancy!
Trust your Dr, but speak up when you have concerns or questions
He is so attentive to his patients! Personally calls with results when needed!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
ERA (mock trial) was not covered by insurance.
Chicago/River North

We felt we were under great care with Dr. Rapisarda. From beginning to end it seemed he felt very invested in making our dreams of becoming parents come true. He was very clear and supportive throughout the entire process. ... Dr Rapisarda was very caring throughout the entire process. He was upset when things didn't work and came up with a next plan of action so we felt we were always taken care of
It [Fertility Centers of Illinois] felt someone like a factory, just because it was so busy. But all of the staff was so nice and helpful. Also, I felt the location is kind of odd. Communication was great, I really enjoyed using the online portal. ... Unlike at other clinics I felt as though the nurses really new me and my journey. ... My insurance coverage is pretty good, so I just had to pay my out of pocket max and the rest was covered.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr Rapisarda was very caring throughout the entire process. He was upset when things didn't work and came up with a next plan of action so we felt we were always taken care of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Nikki )
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It felt someone like a factory, just because it was so busy. But all of the staff was so nice and helpful. Also, I felt the location is kind of odd. Communication was great, I really enjoyed using the online portal.

2007 - 2012, Successful
He [Dr. John Rapisarda] was great, I would seek care from him again. I always felt like he has time for us and was honest about pregnancy chances as well. Nothing bad to say. I felt cared for and that he used words we could understand without talking down to us.... He will work with you all the way and is compassionate.
They [Fertility Centers of IL-Lindenhurst] were great! They were compassionate and kind, as well as discreet. I do t remember anyone specifically since it was so long ago now. Sorry I can't remember more details. Can you please accept fewer characters since I don't have anything else to say?
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He was great, I would seek care from him again. I always felt like he has time for us and was honest about pregnancy chances as well. Nothing bad to say. I felt cared for and that he used words we could understand without talking down to us.
He will work with you all the way and is compassionate.
Very caring, took time to answer all our questions.
No idea. This was 10 years ago.
I don't remember anything bad, they were kind.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They were great! They were compassionate and kind, as well as discreet. I do t remember anyone specifically since it was so long ago now. Sorry I can't remember more details. Can you please accept fewer characters since I don't have anything else to say?
Sorry it was 10 years ago. However, I remember my insurance took care of most of it.
No, he was flexible.
Lindenhurst (closed)

2016 - 2019, Successful
Our doctor [Dr. Rapisarda] recommended transferring one due to age and no known fertility issues...The time we were with Dr Rapisarda it was very personable and treated as if we were the most important patient. He was thorough and answered all my wife’s questions...He was kind, caring, and very thorough. He had no insight into why our iuis were not working other then we were using frozen sperm. When we hit the number of iuis needed for insurance to pay for ivf he fully supported us on that journey.
Strengths are that they [Fertility Centers of Illinois] are efficient. Weakness is mornings are a mass assembly line of a ton of women going through bloodwork and ultrasounds. Not most personable at times especially during busy mornings. The billing office was super helpful. They worked with us when our authorization for treatment was randomly lost. They helped us figure it out with insurance. They gave a 20% discount if we paid our balance in full. Another downside was not knowing the anesthesiologist was out of network so it was not covered at all. Never thought to ask as it was an in network provider and clinic.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He may run a bit late but when you are with him you are the most important person in the world.
The clinic itself is an assembly line of bloodwork and ultrasounds. The time we were with Dr Rapisarda it was very personable and treated as if we were the most important patient. He was thorough and answered all my wife’s questions.
We started with 3 unmedicated iuis and ovidrel trigger. Two of those we did back to back inseminations. All negatives so we added clomid and ovidrel trigger for two cycles. Also switched sperm donor. Still negative. Iui six was done with gonal f and ovidrel. Again negative. Moved to ivf. Pretty typical protocol of gonal f, menopur, and centricide. Retrieved 17 eggs. 10 mature and fertilized. Transferred one AA embryo on Day 5. Froze two on day 5. Froze anonyher on Day 6. Pregnant with a singleton. Gave birth 9 months later. Now did our consult for a FET for baby 2. Started birth control today. Will use lupron, estradiol, and PIO.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Christy and Megan first cycle. Now Jenna)
All the nurses were kind. They delivered the really crappy news of not being pregnant very kindly. They managed my wife’s anxiety about things very patiently.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths are that they are efficient. Weakness is mornings are a mass assembly line of a ton of women going through bloodwork and ultrasounds. Not most personable at times especially during busy mornings. The billing office was super helpful. They worked with us when our authorization for treatment was randomly lost. They helped us figure it out with insurance. They gave a 20% discount if we paid our balance in full. Another downside was not knowing the anesthesiologist was out of network so it was not covered at all. Never thought to ask as it was an in network provider and clinic.
We spent $8000 on ivf procedures total out of pocket after insurance.
Our doctor recommended transferring one due to age and no known fertility issues. We transferred one. Will transfer 1 for our FET due to quality of embryo.