6.6

Oak Lawn
4400 W 95th St
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
630.366.5100

Dr R [Rinehart] can't see patients at every visit. He has multiple clinics and numerous patients. However, he spends as much time as possible with me during the visits I had with him. Spoke candidly, and never left me with questions ... Dr eggos only transfer 1 for first FET. Agreed to two for second ... Dr. R always has a kind word and looks me in the eye.
My care team [Reproductive Medicine Inst] is always there for me. From the receptionist knowing my name on sight, to the nurses who treat me like friends. ... As a new patient I was unhappy about the wait to get my first appointment, and then the decision to try three more natural cycles after adding some meds for my thyroid and bromocriptine for my prolactin levels. But then things picked up and I'm very happy with our progression with the clinic. They are great at uploading documents, keeping me informed, and reaching out with information.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr R can't see patients at every visit. He has multiple clinics and numerous patients. However, he spends as much time as possible with me during the visits I had with him. Spoke candidly, and never left me with questions
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Just because you don't see him every time doesn't mean he isn't reviewing your chat and keeping track of you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
My care team is always there for me. From the receptionist knowing my name on sight, to the nurses who treat me like friends. Dr. R always has a kind word and looks me in the eye.
Describe the protocols John Rinehart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
My IUI protocal was letrozole only. Increased dosage for 2nd and 3rd round. 3rd round cancelled due to low follicle result. ER cycle was bcp start, 75 menopur and 150 gonal F with a lupron +hcg trigger. FET protocal is bcp start, estrace and lupron then PIO
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa is amazing. But so are all the other nurses I've worked with. I cannot say enough nice things. From the texts and phone calls to the general compassion they show me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Ivf cycle was priced at about 10k My meds were covered so I'm not sure how $$$ they were Iui was about $300 before insurance, 40 after Sperm count and freeze both about 200
Describe John Rinehart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Dr eggos only transfer 1 for first FET. Agreed to two for second
Winfield

Dr Rinehart was direct and to the point. He took the time to talk to me and my fiance after each unsuccessful transfer and listen to my concerns...He did do all of my procedures and didn't pass it off to an associate...very knowledgeable, and kind. he took the time to explain things to me, although I had to ask a lot of clarifying questions. However, I do not feel that he really thinks outside of the box, as each new step we took after a failed transfer (PGS testing ERA) were always my idea. I feel that he believes so much in his protocol that he does little to stray from it and believes it is just a numbers game
[Nurses at Reproductive Medicine Institute are] Very compassionate and organized. Well run office in my opinion. Got you in and out of appointments fast...$800 ERA - Their Genetic PGS testing was more pricey than other clinics (Total for 2 retrievals and testing 8 embryos and freezing/storage fees etc was $8055 out of pocket and my insurance covered the actual procedures) ...Weaknesses - wish they had earlier hours. Not always warm and fuzzy
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr Rinehart is very knowledgeable, and kind. he took the time to explain things to me, although I had to ask a lot of clarifying questions. However, I do not feel that he really thinks outside of the box, as each new step we took after a failed transfer (PGS testing ERA) were always my idea. I feel that he believes so much in his protocol that he does little to stray from it and believes it is just a numbers game - AKA try more and it should eventually work. He did do all of my procedures and didn't pass it off to an associate, which I liked.
Ask lots of questions and be ready for "batching" meaning you will be on Birth control for awhile in order to get in "sync" with out women in the practice so egg retrievals/transfers can be timed up.
Dr Rinehart was direct and to the point. He took the time to talk to me and my fiance after each unsuccessful transfer and listen to my concerns. He does come off a bit pretentious (with his Harvard and John's Hopkins degrees and very data driven language).
My protocol included BC for awhile, then starting stims (Pregnyl, Follistin, Menopur and an HCG trigger) and then prep for transfer was typically Estrace and PIO.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel easton)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Weaknesses - wish they had earlier hours. Not always warm and fuzzy. Had some "don't ask don't tell" types of behaviors where I felt in the dark unless I asked questions. Strengths - organized, quick, and answered your questions that you asked.
Was willing to transfer 2 embryos, even though they were PGS tested, due to my age (41 at that tome)
Chicago
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Rinehart followed a baseline protocol for my egg retrieval, I believe it was a standard medication protocol...In the end, Dr. Rinehart did do the retrieval (since I've only done one retrieval) that resulted in my daughter. So I do trust that he did what was necessary and knew what he was doing. After I miscarried after my first transfer, I thought his conclusion that my eggs were poor quality was a bit rash, but perhaps that is what the evidence suggested.
Keep record of any appointments you make, because there were multiple times when I made an appointment and showed up and they [Repro Med Inst -] said I didn't have one. In fact, my main issue with this clinic was the scheduling. This is just something that cannot happen with fertility clinics since in my case the delay caused me to have to wait another month to get an appointment and start treatment.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
In the end, Dr. Rinehart did do the retrieval (since I've only done one retrieval) that resulted in my daughter. So I do trust that he did what was necessary and knew what he was doing. After I miscarried after my first transfer, I thought his conclusion that my eggs were poor quality was a bit rash, but perhaps that is what the evidence suggested. I had issues with his clinic mostly, not Dr. Rinehart.
Like with any clinic, be your own advocate and ask questions. Don't feel like you are an inconvenience, this is your appointment and consultation and you deserve to get all you can out of it. Ask questions and force doctors and nurses to be thorough in their explanations. Ignore any signs of them rushing you or of annoyance.
Dr. Rinehart's clinic was smaller, so I did feel cared for by him, however his demeanor is a bit more reserved and straight-forward, which I've met women that appreciated, but for me it felt a bit harsh. I was seeking a doctor who demonstrated a bit more empathy, and whether Dr. Rinehart felt this or not (I believe he did) he didn't show this very well.
Dr. Rinehart followed a baseline protocol for my egg retrieval, I believe it was a standard medication protocol and it seemed to work fine with me. I don't remember what I was was on specifically but I know nothing was altered.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Keep record of any appointments you make, because there were multiple times when I made an appointment and showed up and they said I didn't have one. In fact, my main issue with this clinic was the scheduling. This is just something that cannot happen with fertility clinics since in my case the delay caused me to have to wait another month to get an appointment and start treatment.
I transferred two embryos with Dr. Rinehart. They advised us to do one, but we wanted to increase our chances. For this transfer our embryos were not pgs tested.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
My issue was in the dropped appointments and scheduling errors.
Winfield
He [Dr. Rinehart] was down to eart ... straight forward and explained in great details all the options Very good communicator, when one option didnt work he was willing to try another option ...Dr Rinehart was very straight forward and honest... explained all the options and procedures. Was very positive with my case and apologized for all the previous experiences with other doctors who told me I was hopeless and not worth getting pregnant.
The front desk girl and Lindsay were amazing ... very friendly caring and flexible . Always willing to help and go out of there way for me. The problem was with Shelly ... it’s a shame one bad apple ruins the entire clinic... she doesn’t seem to care of have feelings for the patients ... Shelly says she’s going to do one thing and does another she doesn’t follow thru until the third or fourth phone call... very stressful to work with her
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He is VERY honest and straight forward
He was down to eart ... straight forward and explained in great details all the options Very good communicator, when one option didnt work he was willing to try another option
Alternating medicine cycles when the first one didn’t work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
Shelly is very rude condescending
Evanston

2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
He didn't give me a lot of the information that other friends that were going through IVF got. I actually liked that... I appreciated that they the kept the stuff that was out of my control, out of my head.
They almost cancelled a cycle of mine because they failed to get some basic bloodwork from me. I ended up having to fly back overnight from a work trip to get the sample done to squeeze the cycle in.
He didn't give me a lot of the information that other friends that were going through IVF got. I actually liked that. Many of my friends were obsessed with numbers they got back from every blood test, hormonal levels when waiting for a pregnancy test, etc. I appreciated that they the kept the stuff that was out of my control, out of my head.
The team there was incredible. The nursing staff was caring and very responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Rachel was incredible. Responsive, caring, loving. Everything you would want in a nurse. She was a light in a dark process.
Chicago