6.6

4400 W 95th St
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
630.366.5100

2019, Consult
[Dr. Rinehart] was very detailed about the risks and percentages of each option...I have endometriosis and have done a lot of research. Some of the explanations Dr. Rhinehart provided went over my husband’s head, but I was well informed and was able to keep up because I did my homework...wanted to be more aggressive than if I didn’t have it. It was nice to finally have a solution and a plan of attack.
Everyone in the office [at Reproductive Medicine Institute- Chicago] showed courtesy and was extremely helpful and understanding...The nurses were exceptional. I have never had to wait for an appointment. I had my period the perfect time for an ultrasound and they performed it that day. They explained everything in detail, spoke about insurance, provided a timeline and wrote every date out, answered every question we had and one provided her story of infertility and how she was successful with IVF. They’re all amazing.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rhinehart listened to both me and my husband. He was able to get my husband and I to compromise on a plan that made us both comfortable. He provided three options, explained them in detail, made a suggestion and was very open to what we wanted. Dr. Rhinehart was very detailed about the risks and percentages of each option. I’ve heard nothing but positive reviews and I highly recommend this doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I have endometriosis and have done a lot of research. Some of the explanations Dr. Rhinehart provided went over my husband’s head, but I was well informed and was able to keep up because I did my homework. The team is very good at explaining all of the processes and procedures, but it’s still a lot to take in.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Everyone in the office showed courtesy and was extremely helpful and understanding.
Describe the protocols John Rinehart used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
I am currently doing my first IUI cycle with Clomid and HCG shots before and after the procedure. My gyno did an extensive work up and diagnosis of endometriosis, but did not want to attribute that to my infertility. She did not want to prescribe clomid and said she could not definitively say that my infertility was due to my endometriosis. I had MRIs done, multiple ultrasounds, the dye testing to see if my tubes were open and a lot more prior to going to Dr. Rhinehart. He examined the findings and immediately said it was due to the endometriosis and wanted to be more aggressive than if I didn’t have it. It was nice to finally have a solution and a plan of attack.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
It is very clean and professional. There is parking behind the building and is easily accessible. The hours are not ideal due to abnormal work week, however I’ve been able to go on my lunches since it’s so close to where I work.

2014 - 2018, Successful
We trust his [Dr. Rinehart] experience and appreciate his honesty and the way he offers hope to us is a calming force for us when going through such a trying time...He sat down with us and let us show our emotion and reacted to it as he understood our concerns, fears, lack of hope and confusion. He responded with encouragement but also honest percentages and was very upfront about outcomes. He took the time to let us ask questions and made sure we understood what he was telling us.
Nice office [Repro Med Inst], calm setting. People are friendly and helpful. The only suggestions would be the front lady can sometimes be a bit rushy with you and make you feel “cut off” and Like your question isn’t important... I also wasn’t provided the Ivf checklist so I’ve had to go back and forth for a few more blood draws and tests that I could have easily done when I was already there previously...
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I can’t thank him enough for our beautiful son we have and now as we work to expand our family there was no where else we wanted to go. We trust his experience and appreciate his honesty and the way he offers hope to us is a calming force for us when going through such a trying time.
Be ready to hear things honestly as he does not sugar coat anything and trust his knowledge but ask anything as he will explain in detail what you want to hear more about or need to know.
So I am starting IVF right now again and in the beginning stage of using birth control - he is doing primarily the same protocol as I did in 2015 with a successful oocyte stim cycle which then resulted in a positive FET. I know my drug lists include Lupron, Menopur, follistim, hcg trigger shot. I grew 15 eggs last time and 8 were mature. 7 fertilized. 2 were transferred fresh and neither took. Of the remaining 5 two were able to be frozen and of those two transferred on June 9, 2015 one took! During the early stages of pregnancy I was doing progesterone oil shots and orally taking estrace.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
This time around I have new nurses- last time I felt very secure with my nurses and they seemed to be very organized and on top of the appointments, necessary things to do and making sure I was on track. I am very organized and this time I have new nurses that are new to the practice and they’re figuring things out. They are very caring and helpful but I am staying on top of everything to make sure there are no issues while they get into their groove🙂
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Nice office, calm setting. People are friendly and helpful. The only suggestions would be the front lady can sometimes be a bit rushy with you and make you feel “cut off” and Like your question isn’t important. I can’t stress enough how much compassion and care needs to be in this area of work- people are at their lowest and hardest times navigating a very hopeless time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Out of pocket we spent around 14k. I have to take out additional insurance at $300/ month last time in 2015 and $400/month this time as our insurance does not cover Ivf. The clinic was helpful in providing around 4,000$ worth of medicines in 2015 and hoping to help a little this time if possible as we have no insurance for the meds.
Describe John Rinehart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I trust my Drs guidance, this time around I will probably do what he suggests as we did last time (transferring two both times).
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
It wasn’t a huge issue but my birth control wasn’t at the pharmacy when I went to get it- the part I had an issue with was the lady’s attitude when I called to say hey this isn’t here I am at the pharmacy waiting to get it can you re call it in? Instead of just doing it she was argumentative with me about it being called in. I also wasn’t provided the Ivf checklist so I’ve had to go back and forth for a few more blood draws and tests that I could have easily done when I was already there previously. At least it did not affect my cycle and at worst just added a few more back and forth trips.

2014 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. John Rinehart] started drugs in a lower dose to see how I’d respond and adjusted from there- I never had a problem with OHSS or anything like that. I guess you could say my stim cycle was a pretty good one considering he got right around the number of oocytes he hoped for and no problems arose. I will begin my second stim cycle at the end of this month as we used all of our frozen embryos and my protocol will be very similar to last time.
The back nurses [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] who will draw your blood and meet with you are great- caring, helpful and compassionate...Quiet and clean, soothing and inviting...The nursing staff was so friendly and felt like cheerleaders. They were glad when things were going well and shared in our sadness when we didn’t get a positive test or just had a hard day or week... i went to pick up my birth control at the pharmacy and it wasn’t called in days prior
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I went with my husband for our first consult after a year and a half of trying to get pregnant- we had already received the not so great news that our lack of a positive pregnancy test likely was due to MFI. We went to our appointment nervous, heartbroken, confused but hopeful. He laid it all out for us and talked openly about what this meant for trying to become a family- there was no sugar coating anything or allowing us to put our heads in the sky - there were tears but there was also a fire that got lit under us that we can do this- he knows his stuff and he will do all he can to guide us towards a positive pregnancy test. He was always cheerful at appointments where i saw him and made sure to explain what he was going to do, what he saw on the screen and what that would mean for the next step.
Be ready for him to tell you his very honest medical opinions and don’t let it get you down- you will know what you’re up against and gather the strength to fight forward. Also ask questions- nothing is dumb or silly he will explain to you anything you want to know or have concerns about.
Dr Rinehart makes you feel important and worthy of his time- he explains procedures and diagnoses with honesty and although blunt with percentages and likelihood of attaining what we hoped for - he is always open to discuss questions or concerns we had and wished us luck.
He started drugs in a lower dose to see how I’d respond and adjusted from there- I never had a problem with OHSS or anything like that. I guess you could say my stim cycle was a pretty good one considering he got right around the number of oocytes he hoped for and no problems arose. I will begin my second stim cycle at the end of this month as we used all of our frozen embryos and my protocol will be very similar to last time.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Quiet and clean, soothing and inviting. There will be front faces who are mostly “doing their job” and therefore may have never walked a day in our shoes fighting infertility, I like to keep my conversations with them to a minimum as you can definitely tell the vibe when people are compassionate towards your Situation. The back nurses who will draw your blood and meet with you are great- caring, helpful and compassionate.
I know in total we ended up spending almost 15k out of pocket. Medicines were just under 5k for the stim and between 1-2k for the frozen cycle. We had 80% coverage for procedures and a $50 copay every visit. This time around we will only have 60% coverage and our additional insurance to cover IVF is $400/month.
I was allowed to choose one or two embryos for both transfers - one was a fresh which resulted in a BFN and the second was frozen which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. This time around it sounds like he’d advise to transfer one 5 day embryo whereas last time for the fresh cycle it was two 3 day ones. He definitely knows the risks multiples can bring and doesn’t want to put myself or a baby in an unfavorable position.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Recently i went to pick up my birth control at the pharmacy and it wasn’t called in days prior- luckily I didn’t need it for a few days and after letting the office know they were able to call it in.
Winfield

Dr. Rinehart was respectful about our hesitations in pursuing IUI/IVF and allowed us to make some modifications to the process. He seems to be a scientist at heart. He presented the facts and probabilities of our case as he saw them, and was very matter of fact. ... At our IVF consult Dr. Rinehart said he recommended transferring only one embryo ... he would allow two embryos to be transferred if that is what we really wanted
At times there were some miscommunications between Oak Lawn and the main Oak Brook clinic [Reproductive Medicine Institute] in regards to billing, so my recommendation is to just error on the side of over communicating with both. ... They [nurses] were all very friendly and compassionate, and took time to answer all our questions and hypothetical scenarios. ... My advice to future patients would be to clarify your desire with the doctor and transfer team before the day of transfer, so that you do not have to make (or reconsider) your decision moments before the procedure).
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rinehart was respectful about our hesitations in pursuing IUI/IVF and allowed us to make some modifications to the process. He seems to be a scientist at heart. He presented the facts and probabilities of our case as he saw them, and was very matter of fact. My husband has a science background and related well to him. After a successful IVF cycle, Dr. Rinehart was very warm and excited for us at our 6-week ultrasound, and you could tell those type of moments are the reason he does what he does.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. I was a little intimated by him at first, but quickly realized he has been doing this a long time and has heard every question under the sun.
We visited the Oak Lawn location for consults and monitoring, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes. The staff and nurses were very friendly and compassionate and always took time to answer our questions.
For a long time my husband and I did not want to use assisted reproductive technology due to religious reasons. For three years we tried to conceive, trying multiple charting methods, holistic remedies and a few rounds each of clomid and letrozole. We sought care from two different OB/GYNs during that time, both labeled us with “unexplained infertility” and each referred us to a different fertility clinic. We finally sought care from Dr. John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute. He and his staff were respectful about our hesitations and allowed us to make some modifications to the process. We did two rounds of IUIs, neither of which succeeded, and the following year returned to try IVF. For all treatment cycles we were allowed to collect my husbands sample using a collection condom at a nearby hotel (we lived over an hour away from clinic). For IVF, we were also allowed to designate a limit of how many eggs to fertilize, to reduce the likelihood of unused embryos, with a plan to freeze remaining eggs. We were so fortunate to conceive on our first fresh embryo transfer! We now have a three-week-old son.
We had a few different nurses care of us over the two years we received treatment. They were all very friendly and compassionate, and took time to answer all our questions and hypothetical scenarios. One of the nurses shared that her children are a result of IVF and she is extra passionate about helping couples conceive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
We visited the Oak Lawn location for consults and monitoring, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes. At times there were some miscommunications between Oak Lawn and the main Oak Brook clinic in regards to billing, so my recommendation is to just error on the side of over communicating with both.
Here is the breakdown of what we spent on our IVF cycle: IVF case rate: $11,550 Medications: $5,129 (included discounts and refills of two medications) Cyropreservation of extra embryos: $1,200 1 year of offsite embryo storage: $250
At our IVF consult Dr. Rinehart said he recommended transferring only one embryo, and cited the increased risk factors involved with multiple pregnancies if two embryos were to be transferred. However, he also said he would allow two embryos to be transferred if that is what we really wanted. We agreed with him that we felt it was best to only transfer one embryo on our first attempt. However, he must not have noted this in the chart, because when we showed up on transfer day, the embryologist said “we are doing two embryos, right?” Since Dr. Rinehart had approved us for 1-2 embryos, the transfer team just assumed we wanted to do two. They gave us 5 minutes alone to discuss, and we decided to stick to our plan of transferring only one. My advice to future patients would be to clarify your desire with the doctor and transfer team before the day of transfer, so that you do not have to make (or reconsider) your decision moments before the procedure).
Chicago
Dr. Rinehart understood my concerns and took steps that made me comfortable and confident. I was very nervous and concerned and he put me at ease and LISTENED to me...I was young when I first saw him and my husband has male infertility. It was a very vulnerable time. Dr Rinehart didn’t make us feel like a “case”, or broken, and that’s what we felt about ourselves. To say he made me feel like I was a human being and “cared” about is an understatement. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Rinehart and his entire staff for my twins. Without them, I wouldn’t have my babies.
Strengths [at Reproductive Medicine Institute]- people skills, listening to patients, time efficient, and well... SUCCESSFUL! Weaknesses- I can’t name 1. I was almost thinking about trying to have another baby just to go through the process again. It literally was that seamless!...If I had a question, they [nurses] were there... if I had a concern, they were there... I could call, email and they world respond so promptly. I thoroughly appreciate that. They walked me through how to administer the trigger shot multiple times... I was incredibly nervous! They were just my angels. My on earth angels!
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rinehart is an amazing doctor. I was young when I first saw him and my husband has male infertility. It was a very vulnerable time. Dr Rinehart didn’t make us feel like a “case”, or broken, and that’s what we felt about ourselves. To say he made me feel like I was a human being and “cared” about is an understatement. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Rinehart and his entire staff for my twins. Without them, I wouldn’t have my babies.
Be honest. Communicate your concerns and listen to his proposed plan. He ALWAYS keeps his patients needs priority!
We first didn’t have any protocol just blood work and tests for ovulation... I only took a trigger shot the first 2 rounds... the 3rd cycle we added Chlomid and of course the trigger shot. And I got pregnant. I used donor sperm and that process of shipping to the doctor was also VERY seamless. The nursing staff walked me through the ENTIRE process!
If I had a question, they were there... if I had a concern, they were there... I could call, email and they world respond so promptly. I thoroughly appreciate that. They walked me through how to administer the trigger shot multiple times... I was incredibly nervous! They were just my angels. My on earth angels!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Strengths- people skills, listening to patients, time efficient, and well... SUCCESSFUL! Weaknesses- I can’t name 1. I was almost thinking about trying to have another baby just to go through the process again. It literally was that seamless!
I only paid co-pay.
Well I did IUI. So I didn’t have any retrieval.
Chicago
Dr [Rinehart] spoke candidly about our options, always gave me step by steps regarding what would happen/what to expect before doing anything, knew my name, and took the time to answer our questions to our satisfaction...He was able to joke with us and overall I had a good first fertility doc/treatment experience.
I was actively bleeding and 6.5 weeks pregnant and told to call my OBGYN they [Reproductive Medicine Institute] couldn't do anything about it. Even though my apt wasn't until another 3 weeks...it hadn't even been 72 hours since I had seen the doctor, they refused to see me and instead could only refer me out. I almost miscarried, and during that scary time instead of letting me talk to the nurse, the front desk staff clearly had me move on.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Our situation was a bit different as we had to do IVF due to not wanting to pass on a genetic issue to our kids, so IVF with PGD was always our only option, with no prior attempts at pregnancy. We had done a lot of research before meeting with him, I knew his training/read some of his publications, and had an idea of what he would be like before we met. When we met he was exactly what I was thinking, and he remained professional the entire time. I am a psychologist, I'm not sure if he did this purposefully to demonstrate he had read our intake information or if it was a chance fluke, but during our initial meeting he had a journal article about the toll on patient's mental health and improving it throughout IVF on his desk that was current and he was clearly reading. That stuck with me. He always explained procedures and options clearly, compassionately, but he did not bullsh*t around. He was able to joke with us and overall I had a good first fertility doc/treatment experience.
Have a list of questions available and don't be afraid to ask them- he will answer all of your questions, and he's willing to have phone consults as you go as needed.
Dr spoke candidly about our options, always gave me step by steps regarding what would happen/what to expect before doing anything, knew my name, and took the time to answer our questions to our satisfaction.
After speaking with genetic counselors, our only options were either IVF with PGD or adoption. Pretty straight forward. We met in December '16, did all of the testing to make sure no other problems were present for either of us, Was on & off birth control for a while, Started Lupron 10ml injections Dec 31 '16, then added Menopur and Gonal-F, did the Egg Retrieval by the end of January (we had 15 eggs, 12 were useable, 10 continued to mature, then 7 were able to be biopsied, and then only 2 were useable without having the genetic disorder), had my body on "shut down/recovery mode", was back on & off birth control, then back on Lupron, then on Estradiol, then added Progesterone in Sesame Oil, then Frozen Embryo Transfer April 10th, found out through bloodwork 10 days later we were pregnant, I was discharged from the clinic after we did a transvaginal ultrasound the week after and told to contact my OBGYN and continue my meds, I continued 2x/day PIO shots until ending May 17th, then on Progesterone suppositories for 2 weeks, and then done with medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Overall I felt very much understood and cared for. There were a few things I didn't like including being given timelines that were not always accurate , but in general I had confidence in my nurse.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
My husband was not allowed in the room when we did our Frozen Embryo Transfer. After the transfer I was left to "relax" (as if anyone can) for 5 minutes in the quiet, and it would have been incredibly comforting to have him in the room at that point if he couldn't be there earlier. It is their office policy to not allow any unnecessary people in the room to preserve the "embryo friendly environment" (my husband was absolutely necessary in that moment), and I HATED that he wasn't allowed to be with me at this important moment in our lives. Also- after we did our blood work and came in the next week for an ultrasound I was discharged from the practice and told I needed to schedule with my OBGYN for follow up appointments so we called and scheduled an appointment with my OBGYN for another 3 weeks from then. This was on a Thursday early evening. Less than 72 hours later I started hemorrhaging and when we called to see if we could get in to see the fertility doctor, we were told he could not see us because we were discharged. I was actively bleeding and 6.5 weeks pregnant and told to call my OBGYN they couldn't do anything about it. Even though my apt wasn't until another 3 weeks. Even though I literally work down the street from the fertility clinic and it hadn't even been 72 hours since I had seen the doctor, they refused to see me and instead could only refer me out. I almost miscarried, and during that scary time instead of letting me talk to the nurse, the front desk staff clearly had me move on. Although our overall experience was a good one and we luckily got pregnant on our first cycle- it left a pretty bad feeling ending that way.
In total we paid out of pocket rates- our insurance covered nothing. We spent about $15-18k
I was given the choice between transferring 1 or 2 embryos. I was told the chance of getting pregnant with only transferring one (both were graded the highest grade quality) we had only a 30-40% chance of getting pregnant. If we transferred 2 we had a 60-70% chance, and if we did 2 there was only a 20% chance of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
During our IVF cycle, the pharmacy did not have a prescription that lasted long enough for my protocol, so I had to ask the nurse to have them call in another script as I was running out. Also- I needed 1 inch needles for my PIO since I'm a relatively tiny person and the 1.5 inch were too long, and I had to call the pharmacy to make sure they were going to send the 1 inch needles... needless to say had I not called they would have sent the 1.5in ones. There were a handful of times I did not get calls when they said they would call- I received them eventually, and then at other times I only received the information after me reaching out to find out the results. Oh also, the clinic has a policy about having the place that does your genetic testing not provide you any information. So we could not get any of our results from the lab- it HAD to come from the doctor.
2013, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Rinehart took his time with me and explained everything in full detail. He gave me all the info i needed to make my decision and how my outcome will go...Dr. Rinehart is a very upfront man. I uphold the most respect for him to tell me the truth and what to expect. He told me even tho I am freezing my eggs what my chances to have a child would be. he knew I was a single mom who wanted another child in the future and did not milk me for every penny he could get. For that I would recommend him to anyone. He is very short with his conversations but knows what he is doing and i trusted him.
Kate [nurse at Reproductive Med Inst - Winfield] was great she knew what she was doing. She talked to me not only as a patient but made me feel kinda like a friend but on a professional level. the other girls were great as well maggie and monika they also treated me good...the front desk did not send my chart at one apt but since they are electronic medical records they were still able to run smooth and it was not a problem. they had all my info in the system. but when doc came in the room there is no computer to see my chart so they had a piece of paper. all was fine
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
If you want the truth no matter how much it hurts he is your guy. He will not give you false hope.
I was 33 yrs old and he used bravelle 225 and menopur 75 with lupron 5 units i went for about 10 days of stim then retrieval i retrieved 27 eggs and 26 were frozen. then i stayed on lupron and letrozole for 7 days after.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Kate was great she knew what she was doing. She talked to me not only as a patient but made me feel kinda like a friend but on a professional level. the other girls were great as well maggie and monika they also treated me good.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
the winfield and oak brook offices were great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
i was treated as a true pt i was explained everything by the nurses before my u/s and after my u/s and labs Dr. Rinehart did my u/s but the nurses talked to me after.
since my insurance did not cover egg freezing it was a great self pay cost

2009 - 2015, Successful
[our nurse] talked to me like a friend. She could answer any question I asked. She always got back to me within an appropriate time. She anticipated my questions and concerns.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rinehart was warm and friendly. He was great with explaining things to my husband and with reassuring me and my fears. He is extremely knowledgeable and patient.
You don't have to be afraid or intimidated or shy about asking whatever you need to ask Dr. Rinehart. He has heard it all and he will handle your questions respectfully without making you feel uncomfortable about asking.
Dr. Rinehart and his staff were always personable and helpful. Every question was answered, every concern addressed. I got to know everyone personally as well as professionally. They recognized that while I was there for treatments, that I was a person with other facets to my life and could hold conversations about other things and not just infertility. They were great when I had to drag a child or two along. I never felt like I was being rushed out the door. I really felt like part of their family.
When I had a reaction to the progesterone shots he switched to suppositories. Worked just the same without the side effects. Not sure what protocols he used, I didn't want to know every little detail, I wanted to trust the doctor to do their job and not obsess in my own brain about it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
She talked to me like a friend. She could answer any question I asked. She always got back to me within an appropriate time. She anticipated my questions and concerns. She could put my questions into words for me when I needed her too.
They varied over the years ranging from approx. $1200 per cycle to $100 per cycle.

2013 - 2014, Successful
We really enjoyed working with Dr. Rinehart and appreciated his candid demeanor. It probably isn't what everyone is looking for but he explained what was going on and how to fix it. Over and over. We started with clomid- negative test results. He recommended against IUI for us and we went straight to IVF. During our first cycle, we got all the way to fertilized embryos and they disentigrated. It was heartbreaking. We met with Dr. Rinehart and changed my protocol for the next round. We ended up with three embryos after five days. We implanted two and frozen one. We now have two year old boy girl twins!
We always had positive experiences with the nursing staff [at Reproductive Medicine Institute]. One was pregnant during our time there which was hard for me. I know it was irrational but it just wasn't something I wanted to see while we were going through such a hard time getting pregnant!... During our first cycle, we got all the way to fertilized embryos and they disentigrated. It was heartbreaking. We met with Dr. Rinehart and changed my protocol for the next round. We ended up with three embryos after five days. We implanted two and frozen one. We now have two year old boy girl twins!
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
We always had positive experiences with the nursing staff. One was pregnant during our time there which was hard for me. I know it was irrational but it just wasn't something I wanted to see while we were going through such a hard time getting pregnant!
We were very fortunate that my insurance covered our IVF at 100%. I don't remember the cost breakdown when we did clomid cycles but it cost us about $1,000 every month before I switched insurances.
Winfield

He [Dr. Rinehart] is extremely knowledgeable and a realist. He gives it to you straight and provides detailed information on your course of treatment. He’s easy to talk to and understands that this process is overwhelming...Staff [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] was friendly and helpful. All knew my name....After a procedure, I was waiting on a call for information and never received one. I ended up having to contact them a day later.
Staff and nurses [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] were friendly and knew my name. Felt comfortable asking questions and never felt rushed...Be flexible with patients and they were very on time with scheduling. I think a weakness is having your plan on paper. It would be nice if something was electronic. More training when it came to shots or offer to do the first shot. Very helpful with insurance and meds....After a procedure, I was waiting on a call for information and never received one. I ended up having to contact them a day later.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He is extremely knowledgeable and a realist. He gives it to you straight and provides detailed information on your course of treatment. He’s easy to talk to and understands that this process is overwhelming.
Be open and honest with your concerns. Ask questions.
Staff and nurses were friendly and knew my name. Felt comfortable asking questions and never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Staff was friendly and helpful. All knew my name.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Only copayments of $50 when I saw a doctor. Everything else was covered by insurance.
2013, Successful
I switched doctors in same clinic under recommendation of my ob/gyn. I was very pleased with the experience. he was very honest, upfront and clear about our potential outcomes and risks.
[Our nurse] was more like a army drill sergeant and not like a nurse. She was knowledgeable about the medical side of things but had zero bedside personality.
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
pick him over other doctors . he runs the clinic and has the most experience
I thought Dr Rinehart was very open, communicative and extremely knowledgeable. I found him compassionate and and encouraging yet realistic about our chances given my advanced age
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
she made mistakes about adivisng things to be prepared for. We listened carefully , took notes, read all provided materials but still missed things that she either forgot to tell us or communicated poorly. She was dismissive and blamed us for things we never knew.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
just that our nurse made some paperwork mistakes and was gruff and sometimes dressed down her co workers in front of us. She was more like a army drill sargeant and not like a nurse. She was knowledgeable about the medical side of things but had zero bedside personality
Chicago

[Dr. John Rinehart] was always available to answer any of my questions which was a lot...always knows how to make me smile. I wouldn’t trust my treatment with anyone else...He doesn’t sugar coat things and believes in science... It has been incredible to work with one doctor and have all of my questions, fears, and concerns answered and brought to light
Every time I walked in the office [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] I was greeted with friendly hello’s which put me at ease...worked one on one with a couple nurses, who have been highly educated, and engaged...This clinic is all hands on and nearly every procedure is done at one specific location...Mari is the sweetest! Can’t thank her enough for always answering my calls and emails
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I always felt more like a family member then a patient. Every time I walked in the office I was greeted with friendly hello’s which put me at ease. This is an extremely stressful time for my husband and I, but Rinehart always knows how to make me smile. I wouldn’t trust my treatment with anyone else.
He doesn’t sugar coat things and believes in science. Have to be open to all answers.
He was always available to answer any of my questions which was a lot
Being younger in age and good health he did iui’s. After the third it took but unfortunately didn’t last. We then proceeded to try again. We are now about to start IVF but due to covid-19 we are on hold
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mari )
Mari is the sweetest! Can’t thank her enough for always answering my calls and emails. She is so patient and understanding.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I have been with the clinic on for a little over a year. I’ve worked one on one with a couple nurses, who have been highly educated, and engaged on my husband and myself’s questions about each procedure. This clinic is all hands on and nearly every procedure is done at one specific location. It has been incredible to work with one doctor and have all of my questions, fears, and concerns answered and brought to light. You may have to travel to a different location in depending on the day for a specific location. All and all my advice to a new patient will be, be open and ready to hear everything that will be brought to light about your current situation.
My insurance doesn’t cover treatment, it did cover some ultrasounds.
Evanston

He [Dr. John Rinehart] was very considerate of my time, feelings and health...Not a bad thing to say. Very kind, considerate, accommodating, intelligent, optimistic, real. Wish there were more like him. I did have one mishap at the end of a cycle with my drugs and he was able to quick get a new plan for me and assure me he's going to do what he can to still get the job done and he did...He's just honest and real. No advice.. as mentioned wish more were like him.
The Bloomingdale office [of Reproductive Medicine Institute] was preferred over Oakbrook. It was clean, close, efficient. They had everything you needed in one office. No upstairs downstairs, down the hall. Just wish they did the actual IUI or IVF procedures there. Understandably knowing they can't. Just a wish...Melissa [nurse], was the best...She treated you like a real patient, not just a number or someone to get in and out. She was so helpful every step and I've never had such care from the office before. (Specifically the Bloomingdale location)
How was your experience with John Rinehart at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
He's just honest and real. No advice.. as mentioned wish more were like him.
He was very considerate of my time, feelings and health.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa, was the best. Similar to the Dr I wish there were more like her. She treated you like a real patient, not just a number or someone to get in and out. She was so helpful every step and I've never had such care from the office before. (Specifically the Bloomingdale location)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The Bloomingdale office was preferred over Oakbrook. It was clean, close, efficient. They had everything you needed in one office. No upstairs downstairs, down the hall. Just wish they did the actual IUI or IVF procedures there. Understandably knowing they can't. Just a wish.
Oakbrook