Available by cell phone
North Charleston
9225 University Boulevard
North Charleston, SC 29406
843) 972-9444
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Schnorr to a friend?

5.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Coastal Fertility Specialists to a friend?
Dr. Schnorr is so kind and compassionate. I saw him for a second opinion, and my husband and I were so impressed that we started a cycle with him less than a week later. He read my record and clearly explained why he believed my first cycle at another clinic failed. He explained what he would do differently and took all of my feelings into account when he made my protocol.... I would recommend doing your initial consultation at the main office, even if your monitoring will be at a satellite office.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Don't hesitate to see Dr. Schnorr! I would recommend doing your initial consultation at the main office, even if your monitoring will be at a satellite office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr was very compassionate and confident that he could help me. He does what is best for his patients instead of batching then like other doctors. He answered all of my questions candidly. He was going to be on vacation the day of my egg retrieval, and he called me personally a few days ahead of time to let me know that he wouldn't be there. He talked about my how my cycle was going and told me about the doctor who would be doing the retrieval. Dr. Schnorr always called me personally with my PGD results.
Describe the protocols John Schnorr used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I had previously done a microdose lupron flare protocol with another doctor. I ended up with OHSS and all PGD abnormal embryos. Dr. Schnorr changed my protocol and had me use an LH trigger. I didn't get sick, and all of my embryos tested normal. He also liked to wait an extra day for the eggs to have more time to mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missledine)
My nurse was quick to make my schedule, call in refills on medication, and send me orders to have blood drawn at my local hospital instead of LabCorp.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic was clean and comfortable, and all of the staff was very friendly. It didn't feel sterile like a doctors office. It was nice to be able to meet with your nurse to go over your medical plan and then go to the next office to go over your financial plan. Thw financial coordinator worked with the billing department to answer all my questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The costs were similar to the other clinics in the area. Monitoring $2327. Case management/retrievel $4630. Embryology $4590. Transfer $3101.
Describe John Schnorr's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
My doctor recommended not doing PGD testing and transferring two embryos. I really wanted the PGD, and when rgey tested normal, he put only one in.
Mount Pleasant

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Schnorr] is very detailed and thorough. He doesn’t over promise but remains very positive. He was there every step of the way and really made sure I knew the whole process. He would follow up with me personally and I never felt rushed with him. He also tries to be financially respectful.... on my retrieval protocol I was started on a very low dose and had to quickly change as I was not responding.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is very detailed and thorough. He doesn’t over promise but remains very positive. He was there every step of the way and really made sure I knew the whole process. He would follow up with me personally and I never felt rushed with him. He also tries to be financially respectful.
Do research and bring questions. I think regardless of who you see it is very important to ask questions and don’t be afraid to ask about failed cycles and finances. We typically don’t like to discuss but it is a big investment and he understands that.
He definitely has a very pragmatic approach and is encouraging.
I did 6 unmedicated iuis to reduce risk of multiples. Then I moved to ivf. I did retrieval one year ago transfer the next year. When I was on my retrieval protocol I was started on a very low dose and had to quickly change as I was not responding. I used low dose hcg in the morning and then added gonal f a few days in in the evening and then ganirelix to prevent early ovulation. I did this for about 17 days before getting my ovidrel shot to get my eggs retrieved. Because I’m petite I think he was worried about ohhs but I needed larger doses as I was not responding.
I had my regular nurse but she was on leave when I went through the process and felt very tossed around wit the nurses. There was a ton of miscommunication that I finally had to ask to speak only to dr schnoor about my protocols. There is a nurse who would do my u/s and she was amazing. Very encouraging and thoughtful. I felt like a team with her. When my other nurse returned she was there for retrieval but she made me feel like a burden.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Ask questions and do research on your own about coverage and finances. I don’t think the staff is educated on financial options and coverage because I got most of my financial tips from the doctor. Most of the staff is kind and welcoming. One of my interim nurses wore flip flops in the office which really annoyed me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
It was fairly organized. A few hiccups but overall easy.
I have probably spent 30k overall. With storage, iuis, appointments, procedures etc
Because I’m single it was recommended that I do 1 transfer.
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Schnorr is an excellent, knowledgeable doctor. He explains everything in great detail, and will ask for questions multiple times. He does talk a bit fast though, I always feel rushed at our appointments. When I had some tests done (a dye test of my ovaries and fallopian tubes), he was very kind and made me as comfortable as possible. He is a very upbeat, a straight-shooter, and down to earth.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Don't let him rush you; ask all the questions you need to make sure you understand.
Dr. Schnorr explains everything in great detail. Each time we have an appointment to see him, we have to wait longer than we should...and he talks really fast like he's trying to fit it all in, but also end the appointment quickly so he can get back on schedule.
I was prescribed Gonal F injections, as well as an oral mediation to help promote ovulation (I can't remember the name). My right ovary needs more shots to respond than my left, so dosages are different, depending on which side I'm ovulating from. I would take a trigger shot when it was time to ovulate, and then we'd perform the IUI, with progesterone vaginal inserts to promote implantation. My first IUI resulted in my son in 2016. I naturally conceived in 2017, but it was ectopic and miscarried naturally. I went back to Dr. Schnorr, and we have started IUI treatments (the same course as before) with no success. We are about to begin our 3rd cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Hall )
My Care Coordinator and the nursing staff are all extremely kind and sweet, and very, very compassionate. Most of them experienced some kind of infertility themselves, and have empathy and understanding of what I'm going through.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is modern, clean, and comfortable. The staff is attentive, courteous, and do their best to move your appointment along, answer any questions, and make you feel welcomed. The only thing I don't like is the terrible waiting room music - 70s light rock.
Testing: bloodwork, thyroid, hormone levels, fallopian tube dye test, sperm count and motility, vaginal ultrasound - approximately $3500 and I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. My IUIs (meds and insemination) cost between $1000 and $1500, depending on which ovary is active that cycle.

Anovulation, Other
At times doctor Schnorr seemed rushed when talking with me and did not elaborate or go into as much detail ... He was always very gentle in his communication with us ... At times between cycles I had questions the nurse wasn't sure about and Dr. Schnorr called me himself and I liked that he was willing to give that personal attention to my concerns. ... sometimes I felt that my doctor wasn't especially invested in my case
Anovulation, Other
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr seemed to explain information as he would to someone with absolutely no knowledge of fertility or biology. This makes sense for many patients but I felt frustrated by it at times because I came in with a good amount of knowledge and understanding of fertility and wanted more information. He was always very gentle in his communication with us and listened to my desire for bypassing less effective approaches like reducing exercise and stress and waiting a year or two. At times between cycles I had questions the nurse wasn't sure about and Dr. Schnorr called me himself and I liked that he was willing to give that personal attention to my concerns.
Ask questions and ask about ALL of your options, he can be aggressive in the treatment approach and may not provide information that he doesn't think you will understand.
At times doctor Schnorr seemed rushed when talking with me and did not elaborate or go into as much detail as I would have liked about my underlying cause of infertility and all of my options. My nurse Jessica was always very responsive to all of my questions and compassionate in the way she helped me throughout the process. Dr. Schnorr was always supportive and gentle in his communication with us.
The first two IUI cycles was femara with gonal f injections with IUI and the third was injectables only (gonal f) with IUI. I am currently doing injections for my fourth IUI before moving to IVF. My understanding is that this is his approach due to my anovulation stemming from hypothalamic issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica wilkerson )
The nursing staff were all compassionate, responsive, organized, and supportive. I felt like they were all on my team and really cared about my outcome of treatment.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They are very busy and sometimes I felt that my doctor wasn't especially invested in my case but other than that I have nothing bad to say about the clinic, the financial advisor was straightforward and helpful and everyone on the admin staff and nursing staff was amazing.
I have state health insurance with a lifetime maximum of 15,000 the first two IUI cycles we paid about $1,000 out of pocket and the third and fourth closer to $1,500. At this time we have used over $7,000 of our lifetime maximum.
I wish now that he would have started with femara or clomid only with timed intercourse to reserve our insurance lifetime maximum.
Mount Pleasant

He [Dr. Schnorr] then let us choose to do an unmedicated IUI before moving on to meds because I was so nervous about fertility meds...Dr Schnorr was always kind and patient, never rushed us. He always explained why we were doing a certain course of treatment, what his recommendations were, and our chances of success...Know that he won't sugar coat things. He'll be kind but he won't give you false hope if he doesn't think you have good chances...He was direct and honest but also warm in how he discussed our treatment.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr Schnorr was always kind and patient, never rushed us. He always explained why we were doing a certain course of treatment, what his recommendations were, and our chances of success. He was direct and honest but also warm in how he discussed our treatment.
Know that he won't sugar coat things. He'll be kind but he won't give you false hope if he doesn't think you have good chances. And that's a good thing.
Dr Schnor explained the whole process himself, taking time to cover our options and the chances they gave us in his opinion. He then let us choose to do an unmedicated IUI before moving on to meds because I was so nervous about fertility meds, which was in retrospect very supportive of him because I know his success rates for unmedicated IUIs can't be great. When we returned to try to conceive a second child, he was visibly thrilled to meet our son that he helped us conceive and he tailored our plan to maximize insurance coverage while also using the plan that worked the first time (going straight to injectables).
We started with unmedicated IUI because I was afraid of fertility drugs as an unexplined infertility patient. He had recommended Femara IUI because he said in his experience people our age with unexplained infertility have a 5% chance per cycle on their own, 5% more with meds, and 5% more with IUI, so he wanted to combine it all for best chance of success. After one failed IUI, we moved on to Femara + Follistim TI cycle to maximize insurance coverage (at the clinic's recommendation). Then we did a Femara + Follistim IUI, and finally we did a Follistim IUI that resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy. When we returned to conceive again, we did one Follistim TI cycle at the doses that worked the first time, and that resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missildine)
Jan was empathetic and warm, prompt to respond and helpful in sorting out numerous issues with the lab where I had blood work done. She treated me and my myriad questions with respect and intelligent consideration. I did not like one of the nurses I met with when Jan was out of the office, however, and despite asking not to be assigned to her again, I continued to see her whenever Jan was absent. I cannot remember her name, but she had a way of making my every worry three times bigger (when I mentioned I was nervous about potentially conceiving twins, she started telling me that I had a 30% chance of twins, a 5% chance of triplets and "we've only had one set of quads" - whoa wasn't even thinking about triplets and quads, thanks lady) and making me feel like a cycle had failed before we even started ("Wow, the doctor said you have a 15% chance? That's way higher than we usually see with IUIs! So after this cycle, we will move on to IVF.") She was not my favorite person.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They scheduled me very promptly for a consultation, within a month of calling. My first go round, I went to the office in Charleston, which was brutal because it was a 2 hour drive there, but the office runs like a well oiled machine and my appointments were always quick and easy. While the drive was rough, the office support system was just what I needed when I was most emotionally vulnerable. They handled my insurance with expert adeptness, minimizing our costs and even going above and beyond to help me with a billing issue that arose when I chose to do bloodwork closer to home for one of my betas. The doctors do rotate procedure days, so Dr Slowey did two of my IUIs, but they're both excellent doctors. For my second attempt to conceive, i did my monitoring at a satellite office in Bluffton, which was not nearly as smooth of an experience. I had to get my blood work done at LabCorps, which often had a 1+ hour wait and usually lost my blood work order so I had to print copies. It was worth it to not drive 2 hours each way but only slightly when I was waiting 1-2 hours for blood work anyway. The experience was much better in the main office than the satellite office.
I seem to remember IUI cycles cost us $900 - $250 for a monitored cycle administrative fee and $650 fee for the IUI (I may not have those numbers perfect, and it was 2014). They did a great job working with our insurance and finding loopholes to get medication and monitoring covered.
Bluffton

2013 - 2014
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr was very professional but also warm and compassionate. In our first office visit I felt like I didn’t have to explain all of my feelings to him with having fertility issues because no matter what, he was going to do his best to help my husband and I achieve our goal of having a child. We were offered genetic testing but declined and were not pressured on the matter. I did have one set back with my injections. I believe I must have missed one or did it at the wrong time which led to my levels not being where they should've been. That was taken care of right away with ordering more meds and keeping me on track for the transfer. Every time I saw Dr. Schnorr he was always so positive which helped me stay positive.
Looking back, I was so nervous for our first appointment. I would definitely say now, there was no reason to be nervous. Dr. Schnorr’s confidence in being able to help my husband and I calmed all my fears about the process.
I always felt safe and important when I was being treated by dr. Schnorr. He answered my questions in a way I could understand. I never felt rushed when I was in his care.
He recommended that I try to lose some weight to have the best try at conceiving. I took a year to do that and I’m so glad I did. I don’t remember the exact drug protocol but there were only 2 things I had to inject at certain times and on certain days. We did several ultrasounds to check my egg sacs for retreival. We were set to do IVF so we had to do the egg retreival, ICSI and transfer of the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
Andrea was awesome through our whole expirience at coastal fertility. She was in constant contact with me. All of the staff was wonderful, including ultrasounds and blood draws.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I really don’t think there were any weaknesses. I always left feeling confident about our next steps. They were doing some renovations when we were being treated there so I can only imagine it’s gotten even better.
I went before work which worked out great. I never had to wait more than 15 minutes.
I really don’t remember the specifics of pricing. It was all laid out though before starting treatment. I knew exactly how much would need to be paid and when. This was a relief as fertility treatments are expensive.
Dr. Schnorr told us that basically our chances of getting pregnant while transferring one and getting pregnant by transferring 2 was about the same. I’m his opinion though, he thought we should transfer 2. We did end up transferring 2. He wouldn’t transfer more than 2 though.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
John Schnorr is amazing. His compassion and care exceeds all others. His relationship with his staff was great. I couldn't imagine having this procedure done with anyone else. There would not be one weakness not even the slightest hiccup occurred. Such a great man, and a awesome Doctor
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
John Schnorr is amazing. His compassion and care exceeds all others. His relationship with his staff was great. I couldnt imagine having this procedure done with anyone else. There would not be one weekness not even the slightest hiccup occurred. Such a great man, and a awesome Doctor
Get after it. Dont wait, and it is afforable if you want it to be.
When we came into the office we felt like we were the only one in that office. The Doctor would call us personally to see how things were going. Every time we met with the doctor or his nurse they asked questions about our life and remembered from visit to visit. I really feel like i made a friend with this doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique (Mo))
Mo was awesome. She was funny and caring. She was very very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She related well to me. Mo was willing to take all the time she needed with me. She sat in the room with me for the entire time i was in recovery from my retrieval. This blew me away. So awesome!!!!!
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The only weekness i could mention is the financial staff dropped the ball on my insurance quote, however im not sure that was their fault. They worked well with us with getting bills paid, making appointments and working with us on the weekends.
Out insurance would not cover anything and it ended up costing about $17,000 with medications and monitoring, retrieval and implantation

How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr is a wonderful doctor. As stated in our previous statement, he has kept us sane during our treatments and also been very realistic with us. We appreciate his candid nature and would highly recommend him to our friends and family.
Ask as many questions as possible. Dr. Schnorr will answer any and all your questions.
Currently still a patient of Dr. Schnorr. He has been very up front about what our options were regarding trying to conceive. He has been very thorough, and our nurse has been very, very compassionate and helpful during our treatments. It’s hard to hear that we can’t conceive naturally, but due to my endometriosis it makes it super difficult. Dr. Schnorr has helped us understand why it’s difficult and yet what we can try to better our chances. We are currently trying our first IVF cycle this month. We are excited to try this and we are hopeful. We appreciate how thorough and wonderful he has been.
Andrea has been my saving grace when I need to ask her any and all questions during the day. She’s easy to communicate with, and always finds time to get back with me. I appreciate her so very much.

2014 - 2018
[Dr. Schnorr] Very likable. Candid, friendly, nice, available for questions, compassionate, knowledge and flexible. Sometimes focused to much on the negative of my condition and statistical outcomes. Pushed hard to use donor eggs but used my own.... [Protocols] Lupron 10cc one week before cycle and after through stim and retrieval. Testosterone cream during same period but stopped at stim. Follistim 450IU 10-12 days. Omnitrope last 4 days of stim.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Be persistent and ask questions
Wanted to be treated as an individual and yet statistics were constantly used
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missildine )
Best RN I could of asked for to treat me through this Lprocess. Compassionate, understanding and flexible. Has always made herself available to me. Has been my personal cheerleader during the good and hard times.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Cost are high. Not all staff are trained equally on the billing process. Flexible schedule and a nurse always on call. Three doctors in clinic and cover one another. Everything done in office. Friendly staff. Multiple locations
Went in for monitoring when convenient with several locations to choose
$15k to $20k for a entire cycle and meds

3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Personable, knowledgeable, comforting, committed to patient care. He [Dr. John Schnorr] genuinely seems to care about your goals and desires but is also realistic about the reality of your challenges and presents all of your options in an easy to understand way.... Always called me after hours to check on me. Knows me by name and sight. Remembers points about me and my partner and inquired about the same.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Personable, knowledgeable, comforting, committed to patient care. He genuinely seems to care about your goals and desires but is also realistic about the reality of your challenges and presents all of your options in an easy to understand way.
Ask all the questions. He will answer every one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Yes but it changed during the 2 year course of treatment )
Everyone is wonderful and caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The entire team is wonderful, from front desk to finance to the embryologists. Doctors, nurses, and lab techs really seem to care about their patients and they take the time to get to know you. I feel like a good friend every time I walk in the door.
Efficient, well-oiled machine. The longest I ever waited was 10 minutes.
Mount Pleasant

He [Dr. John Schnorr] used pictures and drawings and wrote out percentages to give us a better idea of what treatment path to take.... Go in ready to listen- he's not very concerned with health, activity, diet, etc. He has a formula and it works.... He is absolutely wonderful and caring and knows what he's doing!.... They have a very efficient process down but it does remove to personal element. I felt like I was just being fit into an algorithm and was scared to ask questions, call, etc- anything that veered from protocol
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is absolutely wonderful and caring and knows what he's doing!
He used pictures and drawings and wrote out percentages to give us a better idea of what treatment path to take
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
She never seemed to be in the office or available, took forever to call back, was unorganized, unprofessional, and did not give me any confidence in what we were doing. I almost quit the whole process because of her. After speaking to several other patients, I found we all had the same bad experiences.
Warm, comfortable, and private