Available by cell phone
North Charleston
9225 University Boulevard
North Charleston, SC 29406
843) 972-9444
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend John Schnorr to a friend?

5.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Coastal Fertility Specialists to a friend?
Endometriosis, Other
It was suggested to transfer a single embyro and we did not discuss in any depth a multiple embryo transfer option. Early on Dr. Schnorr provided education on the risks of a multiple pregnancy...At times I felt like his approaches were aggressive and looking back I understand his approach but I lacked the education on infertility, treatment protocols and endometriosis to understand all of his decision making...I was extremely emotional during the consultation to begin treatment and he suggested I see a therapist implying that I was overly emotional.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr explained things thoroughly in terms of my diagnosis and treatment. I was extremely emotional during the consultation to begin treatment and he suggested I see a therapist implying that I was overly emotional. Although I value therapy, I did not want to pursue it and it made me feel as if it was not OK for me to share the emotional impact infertility has had on me with him. At times I felt he became defensive with me when I questioned why I was doing ultrasounds and definitely when we went against his recommendation for our IVF protocol. At times my experiences with him were positive but I preferred interacting with the nursing staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Do your own research so that you can be informed and clarify your own expectations. Fertility IQ has been a great resource to fill in the blanks for education the clinic leaves out or to make our own decisions on treatment protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I have never really felt like my personality meshed well with Dr. Schnorr. It could be in part because I have some discomfort working with a male physician. I think that the rest of the staff at Coastal is excellent. At times I felt like his approaches were aggressive and looking back I understand his approach but I lacked the education on infertility, treatment protocols and endometriosis to understand all of his decision making. I often had my guard up due to perceptions that fertility clinics operate as a business and may make recommendations for patients based on revenue. On a few occasions I was called out of the waiting room due to other patients being present with the same first name and being mixed up. At one point a staff member (who I had seen 3 days prior) tried do an intake on me after I had been a patient for about a year.
Describe the protocols John Schnorr used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
We did three IUI cycles using letrazole, gonal F injections, ovidrel and prometrium. I was happy with the IUI protocols because adjustments were made each protocol that felt individualized, and we were more aggressive with gonal F each round to increase my chance of success. Although our IUI's were not successful it helped me become more comfortable with the clinic and build trust as I got to know staff and they tailored my protocol. I had friends seeing other doctor's tell me that they were disappointed their doctor had not been open to using a similar medication protocol or that they were using clomid with significantly worse side effects which gave me confidence in my treatment. We started IVF with a sonohysterogram and Lupron in the luteal phase.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Hall)
I have had positive experiences with all nursing staff and especially Andrea. She has been warm, compassionate and prompt in answering questions and returning phone calls. She shared that she was a fertility patient in the past which is comforting to know. I enjoyed having Sharon as an ultrasound tech because she was gentle and thorough and would explain in detail what the ultrasound readings were.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Coastal has better success rates than other clinics/RE's in the Charleston area. I would definitely recommend fertility treatment there vs. with another doctor or clinic. At times they weren't great at communicating next steps, the reason for procedures or providing thorough patient education.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I had some insurance benefits. We paid about $2200 out of pocket for 3 IUI's which was comparable to what we were quoted. We paid a $6200 cycle fee for IVF and chose not to use insurance benefits for medication and were gives a quote of $3900 out of pocket for medication. Their anesthesiologist is not contracted and you have to pay for anesthesia up front (usually $400) but they will provide you a form for insurance reimbursement. I was told by the pharmacy that the clinic receives a special rate of gonal f pens which is lower than retail.
Describe John Schnorr's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
It was suggested to transfer a single embyro and we did not discuss in any depth a multiple embryo transfer option. Early on Dr. Schnorr provided education on the risks of a multiple pregnancy. Based on research we had done with Fertility IQ we agreed with the decision to transfer a single embryo.
Mount Pleasant

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists.

2008 - 2019
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
This time around, I felt like he listened and was sensitive to the needs and desires for my wife and I. He spent a good amount of time breaking things down to us and answering our questions. ... Later scheduled HSG in which I discovered I had left tube blocked. ... Dr. Schnorr was very knowledgeable about my condition and he was very specific using data to help us understand what is needed to get the outcomes we desired.
2008 - 2019
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr was very knowledgeable about my condition and he was very specific using data to help us understand what is needed to get the outcomes we desired. He was able to recall me as his patient from a previous marriage over ten years ago. He congratulated me on significant weight loss while being open and honest with me.
Go in with an open mind and prepare questions in advance.
I had labs drawn in first meeting and vaginal ultrasound to check my uterus and fallopian tubes. Later scheduled HSG in which I discovered I had left tube blocked. I was devastated but he assured expulsion still move forward with iui work the one healthy tube. I have pcos which presents a challenge already so he prescribed a medication regime to stimulate eggs. Once my cycle came on I started seeing the nurse every other day for labs and vaginal ultrasound. All was going well until we discovered my healthy egg was growing on my left side which is blocked. On the gonal f I felt hormonal and emotional, some days I was exhausted and had little appetite. I have limited coverage with my insurance so I'm worried I will not be able to finish this process if I don't produce an healthy egg on my right side in the next few cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Beth mengult)
Beth called me after every appointment or procedure to check in and offered words of encouragement. I never waited long and she always accommodated my work schedule.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I love the north Charleston office since it is close to my home and on the way to work for early morning hours. The Mt pleasant clinic is very nice but no easily accessible with the amount of traffic in the area.
The cost is reasonable now. My out of pocket cost are still being calculated by billing. I overpaid for HSG procedure but billing is working on refund to my account.
North Charleston

Anovulation, Unexplained
For my most recent IUI Dr. Schnorr used the lowest possible doses of medications to give room to increase for future treatments if necessary. ... Dr. Schnorr seems very knowledgeable and has much better bedside manor than my previous infertility doctor. I do talk to and see my nurse, the phlebotomists, and ultrasound technicians [Coastal Fertility Specialists] far more than I see Dr. Schnorr himself.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr seems very knowledgeable and has much better bedside manor than my previous infertility doctor. I do talk to and see my nurse, the phlebotomists, and ultrasound technicians far more than I see Dr. Schnorr himself. I feel more that my nurse is in charge of my care and treatment plan than Dr. Schnorr is as we only saw him during our initial consultation. The IUI that I recently had (my first & only thus far) was performed by another doctor in the practice.
Be prepared to get a lot of information on your first visit and to not see the doctor very much - this hasn’t been something that has bothered me as I feel my nurse has been very knowledgeable and helpful throughout my treatment. But, I do acknowledge that this may not be a style that others like in a fertility specialist.
I feel like a human at Coastal Fertility in large part because of my nurse, Whitney. She is fast to respond to emails or call me to answer every question I have. Whitney never tells me she needs to look up my file, but rather knows exactly who I am when we get on the phone and has quick responses.
For my most recent IUI Dr. Schnorr used the lowest possible doses of medications to give room to increase for future treatments if necessary. I take Metformin 500mg 3x/day. At the start of my treatment I took letrozole 2.5mg for CD 3-7, then started 37.5iu injections of Gonal F nightly while being monitored with ultrasounds and bloodwork every couple of days for CD 7-15. I started with a few follicles and ended up with 1 egg at appropriate size for ovulation and IUI. On CD 16 I did the Ovidrel trigger shot for an IUI on CD 18, then began prometrium suppositories on CD 20. We just found out that this cycle did not result in a pregnancy but we are ready to try another cycle with Coastal Fertility for our second IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Whitney Hoertz)
Whitney is amazing at responding quickly and compassionately to all of my questions. The rest of the nursing staff is also incredibly friendly and makes me smile every time I’m in there for monitoring.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is definitely busy and big, but it does not feel overwhelmingly big to where it feels like a “fertility factory” or like you get lost in the mass of other people there for treatment. By being assigned to my own nurse it makes the treatment feel very personalized and made me feel comfortable having the same person to touch base with for any questions/concerns.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs associated with our IUI cycle and diagnosis.
Mount Pleasant

He [Dr. Schnorr] was very thorough in explaining all of the hormonal imbalances and the need for IUI to be the best option for me. He was always the one to guide me if the treatment plan shifted, which it did almost every time, until he eventually figured out my correct protocol. If there was one thing to change my only wish would be that he had been slightly more personable rather than strictly professional, honestly I didn’t care though because he is an amazing physician. I felt well taken care of by his medical expertise and I was happy that he seemed to think we wouldn’t need IVF.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He was very thorough in explaining all of the hormonal imbalances and the need for IUI to be the best option for me. He was always the one to guide me if the treatment plan shifted, which it did almost every time, until he eventually figured out my correct protocol. If there was one thing to change my only wish would be that he had been slightly more personable rather than strictly professional, honestly I didn’t care though because he is an amazing physician. I felt well taken care of by his medical expertise and I was happy that he seemed to think we wouldn’t need IVF.
Come prepared with questions written, he talks fast!
Initially we tried letrozole 2.5mg x days cd 2-5, then with a trigger shot after monitoring-We did an IUi with a 17mm follicle. IUI #1 failed. Then we tried Gonal f 75 stim cd 3-14 and then with monitoring and gradual increases and my body didn’t respond at all, then we took the next month off. Then...he added Gonal f again at 125 daily 3-9 with micro hcg at 30 daily and I triggered a large follicle with 10,000 hcg and had iui that was successful!
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Strengths-small, close knit, able to get everything done under the same roof and everything is very routine at the mount p office-you can tell they run like a well oiled machine. I felt very comfortable with the US techs as they were very experienced with their scanning. Also they’re open on weekends which is apparently not every RE office Cons-not much to say other than occasionally the visits took slightly longer than expected but I assumed that was due to the occasional bad news being delivered to other patients
I had insurance coverage for one IUI cycle and we paid 1000 out of pocket, then we took out a 10k loan for meds and only used 3k of it

Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological
[Dr. Schnorr was] Very personable but he also didn’t waste your time with small talk...Knowledgeable, and kind. He predicted our numbers based on my age and diagnosis PERFECTLY. That made me feel like he had been doing this for a long time. Had to rely a lot on his staff because of my location...He will listen to you and take all the time you need to answer questions so have your questions ready!... He suggested a single embryo transfer based on my age 32. He suggest ICSI based on my husbands sperm sample. He suggested frozen transfer transplant based on his success rate.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Knowledgeable, and kind. He predicted our numbers based on my age and diagnosis PERFECTLY. That made me feel like he had been doing this for a long time. Had to rely a lot on his staff because of my location but the time sI did talk o him he was honest and to the point.
Very personable but he also didn’t waste your time with small talk
We were going to try IUI 2 - 3 times but after one failed cycle he was honest and said he didn't think based on husbands numbers we should do a second round. We did anyways for peace of mind and I don't have any regret. Then we did IVF. He suggested a single embryo transfer based on my age 32. He suggest ICSI based on my husbands sperm sample. He suggested frozen transfer transplant based on his success rate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cherub)
Best communicator I have ever met. She is firm and to the point but extremely efficient. I loved being able to email a nurse and get a response within 10 minutes. I have never had that with a doctors office before!
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Multiple locations which is nice living in Columbia where there are not many clinics. Had to drive 1.5 hours to get to the transfer and retrieval. Other then that could do everything in Columbia. Clinic is clean and nice decor. Its obvious that when you are paying out of pocket you are getting better treatment. You would see whichever doctor was in Columbia that day so you aren't always seeing Schnorr but 2/3 doctors were great and you always had the same nurse. Very helpful in scheduling around your work schedule.
2k for IUI treatment and medication 14k IVF 3k IVF medication Free consults $200 credit
He said that based on my age 32 I had a 60% chance of implantation. He thought it would be better and less risky to transfer one by one then multiples because of my high implantation chance. We knew it would be more expensive if first transfer doesn't work but we were willing to take the chance to avoid twins.
Lexington

Dr. Schnorr is a very knowledgeable, compassionate, and trustworthy doctor. We have experienced nothing but positivity in each of our appointments. He makes sure we understand what we will be doing during each appointment and takes the time to answer any questions. He honestly makes you feel comfortable and knowledgeable during this journey....He is very informative yet has a very warm bedside manner. All of the tests my husband and I underwent he made sure himself that we were comfortable and understood what the test was for.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Go to Dr. Schnorr! He is an amazing doctor. You will love him as a doctor if you appreciate being treated as a human and learning all aspects of your infertility journey while having a say in your treatment.
Dr. Schnorr ran a lot of tests and made to cover all bases. Once these tests were complete he not only went over all of the results and what they meant, he also gave us a packet of the information for when we went home. That included what we went over, videos, and numbers and emails we could contact him and our charge nurse. He is very informative yet has a very warm bedside manner. All of the tests my husband and I underwent he made sure himself that we were comfortable and understood what the test was for. Our second opinion consultation lasted three hours. I appreciated that he went through the results and wanted to redo some. He also wanted to complete more results than our prior Dr. Once they were completed he went over our best options and consulted with us to make sure this was what we were wanting. Our previous doctor just wanted to “jump right into IVF”. I appreciate that Dr. Schnorr treats his patients as humans and cares about the outcome of their journey.
Our charge nurse Whitney Hoertz is amazing. Anytime I have a question or concern she is more than willing to answer. If I call or email she always responds the same day if she’s busy with other patients. I appreciate that she knows my husband and I and that we have the same nurse every time and get to build a relationship with her.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
This is a very popular clinic with an amazing reputation with its doctors, nurses, and other staff. Getting an appointment for a consultation takes a little time, however this is similar to any other clinic. The staff are always friendly, informative, kind, and want nothing but to assist you in your journey.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Schnorr took time to learn about our personal situation and our beliefs. He asked me what I felt was important to me and my husband. He also explained everything in detail and answered as many questions as I had. ... He researches new protocols and tailors to each individual patient. When I asked him if a different protocol that I had found on the internet would work for me, he took time to explain why he didn't choose that for my particular situation and I ended up having more eggs than we both thought I would get!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is exceptional. He researches new protocols and tailors to each individual patient. When I asked him if a different protocol that I had found on the internet would work for me, he took time to explain why he didn't choose that for my particular situation and I ended up having more eggs than we both thought I would get!
Take a notepad with you with all of your questions. He will answer each and every one, patiently. He is thorough and will spend as much time with you as you need.
My protocol was testosterone cream for 20ish days that was applied to the inner arm once a day, 10 units of Lupron began 2 weeks before my period. Testosterone was stopped right after my period and 10 units of HCG began and Lupron was dropped to 5 units. I also began Gonal-F at 350 units and stimmed for 11 days. The last two days I was dropped down to 300 units of Gonal-F and then a HCG trigger on day 12. He used testosterone as prime to assist in producing more eggs. He expected 7-8 and I had 11 with 10 that were mature and then 5 made it to blast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea is amazing. She is patient and kind and treats you almost like her own daughter. She is there any time I need her, even it is just to talk. Everyone is friendly and gets very excited for you as you move through the process.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very good. The only thing I felt was that when I was just doing timed intercourse or IUI, the level of interest from the staff seemed less. Once I moved to IVF, they became increasingly more friendly and involved. This isn't true for the entire staff but it was noticeable in some. I originally had Dr. Cook, and she is young and seemed a little less experienced and knowledgeable than Dr. Schnorr. I felt in better hands with Dr. Schnorr and him knowing what exactly I needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
It was a pretty smooth process. Sometimes there would be a 10 minute wait or so but the ultrasound tech is very quick and efficient.
IVF costs are around $12k without medications and IUI was around $700
He originally suggested two embryo transfer since he thought I would have a limited amount of healthy embryo's and it would give me a better chance that 1 would take. When it was all said and done I have 5 healthy embryos so he suggests only doing 1 to avoid risk of multiples.
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Schnorr is so kind and compassionate. I saw him for a second opinion, and my husband and I were so impressed that we started a cycle with him less than a week later. He read my record and clearly explained why he believed my first cycle at another clinic failed. He explained what he would do differently and took all of my feelings into account when he made my protocol.... I would recommend doing your initial consultation at the main office, even if your monitoring will be at a satellite office.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Don't hesitate to see Dr. Schnorr! I would recommend doing your initial consultation at the main office, even if your monitoring will be at a satellite office.
Dr. Schnorr was very compassionate and confident that he could help me. He does what is best for his patients instead of batching then like other doctors. He answered all of my questions candidly. He was going to be on vacation the day of my egg retrieval, and he called me personally a few days ahead of time to let me know that he wouldn't be there. He talked about my how my cycle was going and told me about the doctor who would be doing the retrieval. Dr. Schnorr always called me personally with my PGD results.
I had previously done a microdose lupron flare protocol with another doctor. I ended up with OHSS and all PGD abnormal embryos. Dr. Schnorr changed my protocol and had me use an LH trigger. I didn't get sick, and all of my embryos tested normal. He also liked to wait an extra day for the eggs to have more time to mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missledine)
My nurse was quick to make my schedule, call in refills on medication, and send me orders to have blood drawn at my local hospital instead of LabCorp.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic was clean and comfortable, and all of the staff was very friendly. It didn't feel sterile like a doctors office. It was nice to be able to meet with your nurse to go over your medical plan and then go to the next office to go over your financial plan. Thw financial coordinator worked with the billing department to answer all my questions.
The costs were similar to the other clinics in the area. Monitoring $2327. Case management/retrievel $4630. Embryology $4590. Transfer $3101.
My doctor recommended not doing PGD testing and transferring two embryos. I really wanted the PGD, and when rgey tested normal, he put only one in.

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Schnorr] is very detailed and thorough. He doesn’t over promise but remains very positive. He was there every step of the way and really made sure I knew the whole process. He would follow up with me personally and I never felt rushed with him. He also tries to be financially respectful.... on my retrieval protocol I was started on a very low dose and had to quickly change as I was not responding.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is very detailed and thorough. He doesn’t over promise but remains very positive. He was there every step of the way and really made sure I knew the whole process. He would follow up with me personally and I never felt rushed with him. He also tries to be financially respectful.
Do research and bring questions. I think regardless of who you see it is very important to ask questions and don’t be afraid to ask about failed cycles and finances. We typically don’t like to discuss but it is a big investment and he understands that.
He definitely has a very pragmatic approach and is encouraging.
I did 6 unmedicated iuis to reduce risk of multiples. Then I moved to ivf. I did retrieval one year ago transfer the next year. When I was on my retrieval protocol I was started on a very low dose and had to quickly change as I was not responding. I used low dose hcg in the morning and then added gonal f a few days in in the evening and then ganirelix to prevent early ovulation. I did this for about 17 days before getting my ovidrel shot to get my eggs retrieved. Because I’m petite I think he was worried about ohhs but I needed larger doses as I was not responding.
I had my regular nurse but she was on leave when I went through the process and felt very tossed around wit the nurses. There was a ton of miscommunication that I finally had to ask to speak only to dr schnoor about my protocols. There is a nurse who would do my u/s and she was amazing. Very encouraging and thoughtful. I felt like a team with her. When my other nurse returned she was there for retrieval but she made me feel like a burden.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Ask questions and do research on your own about coverage and finances. I don’t think the staff is educated on financial options and coverage because I got most of my financial tips from the doctor. Most of the staff is kind and welcoming. One of my interim nurses wore flip flops in the office which really annoyed me.
It was fairly organized. A few hiccups but overall easy.
I have probably spent 30k overall. With storage, iuis, appointments, procedures etc
Because I’m single it was recommended that I do 1 transfer.
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Schnorr is an excellent, knowledgeable doctor. He explains everything in great detail, and will ask for questions multiple times. He does talk a bit fast though, I always feel rushed at our appointments. When I had some tests done (a dye test of my ovaries and fallopian tubes), he was very kind and made me as comfortable as possible. He is a very upbeat, a straight-shooter, and down to earth.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Don't let him rush you; ask all the questions you need to make sure you understand.
Dr. Schnorr explains everything in great detail. Each time we have an appointment to see him, we have to wait longer than we should...and he talks really fast like he's trying to fit it all in, but also end the appointment quickly so he can get back on schedule.
I was prescribed Gonal F injections, as well as an oral mediation to help promote ovulation (I can't remember the name). My right ovary needs more shots to respond than my left, so dosages are different, depending on which side I'm ovulating from. I would take a trigger shot when it was time to ovulate, and then we'd perform the IUI, with progesterone vaginal inserts to promote implantation. My first IUI resulted in my son in 2016. I naturally conceived in 2017, but it was ectopic and miscarried naturally. I went back to Dr. Schnorr, and we have started IUI treatments (the same course as before) with no success. We are about to begin our 3rd cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Hall )
My Care Coordinator and the nursing staff are all extremely kind and sweet, and very, very compassionate. Most of them experienced some kind of infertility themselves, and have empathy and understanding of what I'm going through.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is modern, clean, and comfortable. The staff is attentive, courteous, and do their best to move your appointment along, answer any questions, and make you feel welcomed. The only thing I don't like is the terrible waiting room music - 70s light rock.
Testing: bloodwork, thyroid, hormone levels, fallopian tube dye test, sperm count and motility, vaginal ultrasound - approximately $3500 and I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. My IUIs (meds and insemination) cost between $1000 and $1500, depending on which ovary is active that cycle.
Mount Pleasant

After meeting with Dr. Schnorr, we knew that we were ready to jump right into the procedures. We started with the birth control and then advanced into the injections. He mentioned that because of my age (35) we would be somewhat aggressive with the meds. ... We really appreciated Dr. Schnorr’s ability to create a well balanced patient/doctor relationship. He was able to show compassion, but also be direct and honest with all the information. We always felt very comfortable knowing exactly what the next step was.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
It can be an intimidating appointment to make, but was once you go and meet with Dr. Schnorr, you will feel at ease and will be ready to start your journey!
He really took the time to explicitly review all the information. We never felt rushed.
After meeting with Dr. Schnorr, we knew that we were ready to jump right into the procedures. We started with the birth control and then advanced into the injections. He mentioned that because of my age (35) we would be somewhat aggressive with the meds. He also recommended genetic testing, which we agreed would be a good choice. After the round of injections, my retrieval was completed with Dr. Slowey, who did a fantastic job. We retrieved 16 eggs, which is the most I had ever retrieved before with my previous IVF cycles at another practice. Out of 16, 12 made it to the final stage. We sent the 12 off for genetic testing and 6 came back as “normal”. We were very happy with the results. Dr. Schnorr transfered one embryo and it took the first time! I’m currently 27 weeks pregnant and we couldn’t be happier with the quick and relatively easy process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica and Beth)
Jessica and Beth were the nurses that I worked with. Jessica was my primary nurse and Beth did my blood work and ultrasounds at the satellite location. (Which is amazing my the way!) They were both incredibly compassionate and helpful. They returned phone calls within hours and reported blood work within hours.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
We had an amazing experience! The clinic provided quick, efficient care during appointments. The financial department was organized and had everything laid out for us. There were no surprises in terms of bills. This was something we had a difficult time with at a previous clicnic that we had been to, so we were so relieved to see how organized it was with Dr. Schnorr and his staff.
We did have some questions about transferring one embryo versus two embryos. Originally we had wanted to put in two embryos, however after talking with Dr. Schnorr, we felt that one would be a better option. He explained explicitly the process with genetic testing and how it offered a much better chance of having a successful transfer and pregnancy. We’re glad that we went that route because having multiples would most likely have been a much harder pregnancy, considering I had preeclampsia with my first child.

Anovulation, Other
At times doctor Schnorr seemed rushed when talking with me and did not elaborate or go into as much detail ... He was always very gentle in his communication with us ... At times between cycles I had questions the nurse wasn't sure about and Dr. Schnorr called me himself and I liked that he was willing to give that personal attention to my concerns. ... sometimes I felt that my doctor wasn't especially invested in my case
Anovulation, Other
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr seemed to explain information as he would to someone with absolutely no knowledge of fertility or biology. This makes sense for many patients but I felt frustrated by it at times because I came in with a good amount of knowledge and understanding of fertility and wanted more information. He was always very gentle in his communication with us and listened to my desire for bypassing less effective approaches like reducing exercise and stress and waiting a year or two. At times between cycles I had questions the nurse wasn't sure about and Dr. Schnorr called me himself and I liked that he was willing to give that personal attention to my concerns.
Ask questions and ask about ALL of your options, he can be aggressive in the treatment approach and may not provide information that he doesn't think you will understand.
At times doctor Schnorr seemed rushed when talking with me and did not elaborate or go into as much detail as I would have liked about my underlying cause of infertility and all of my options. My nurse Jessica was always very responsive to all of my questions and compassionate in the way she helped me throughout the process. Dr. Schnorr was always supportive and gentle in his communication with us.
The first two IUI cycles was femara with gonal f injections with IUI and the third was injectables only (gonal f) with IUI. I am currently doing injections for my fourth IUI before moving to IVF. My understanding is that this is his approach due to my anovulation stemming from hypothalamic issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica wilkerson )
The nursing staff were all compassionate, responsive, organized, and supportive. I felt like they were all on my team and really cared about my outcome of treatment.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They are very busy and sometimes I felt that my doctor wasn't especially invested in my case but other than that I have nothing bad to say about the clinic, the financial advisor was straightforward and helpful and everyone on the admin staff and nursing staff was amazing.
I have state health insurance with a lifetime maximum of 15,000 the first two IUI cycles we paid about $1,000 out of pocket and the third and fourth closer to $1,500. At this time we have used over $7,000 of our lifetime maximum.
I wish now that he would have started with femara or clomid only with timed intercourse to reserve our insurance lifetime maximum.
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Schnorr now feels like a friend. He was honest and determined from the beginning. He always showed great bedside manner and made us feel comfortable. He was willing to make suggestions and recommendations when promoted and provided excellent care and treatment. ... He gave me a new protocol for round 2 ... I felt like I was treated with car specialized for me.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Ask questions! Ask advice. Ask his opinion. He will be honest.
I felt like I was treated with car specialized for me. I received several personal phone calls at home from Dr. Schnorr himself.
Our first round of IVF failed. We only had one embryo. He said 95% of patients respond well to that particular “recipe” of medication, and I happen to be in the 5% that doesn’t. He gave me a new protocol for round 2, and we got 7 embryos, all of better quality than the one from the first cycle. We transferred the best one and got pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Heather Clayton)
Heather and Ashley and everyone at Coastal were amazing. I cried when my treatment ended because this team took such good care of me. In fact, I still keep in touch with Heather and Ashley. They answered all my calls, emails, and questions, even when I asked an excessive amount. They were always willing to help me.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Coastal is clean and warm. Their bedside manner is excellent. They are organized and have a thurough plan for your treatment. They are sympathetic with your struggles and celebratory with your wins. They treated me like they would a family member. I felt like I was in the best care in the US.
We had insurance, and it covered our IUIs. i believe they were $1500 each (not sure if that included meds). IVF was about 18k I think.
I really wanted to transfer 2 embryos, and he told me the risks involved for me personally and my health history. He said it was my choice, but after seeing his rationale, we chose to do 1 embryo.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Schnorr always gave me attention and warmth that I needed during our appointments. ... He is very caring and attentive. He remembers details about his patients, which is quite rare for a doctor. He can also relate to his patients, as he and his wife had to precious undergo fertility treatment themselves, which I think gives a level of understanding that most doctors do not have. I was recommended to Dr. Schnorr by a friend and I passed on referrals to other friends as well.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Not to rush the process. He may not be aggressive, but he gives you the treatment plan with the most success.
Dr. Schnorr always gave me attention and warmth that I needed during our appointments. I wasn’t just a patient filling a time slot in his day. He showed compassion with every failed cycle, and excitement when we finally graduated from his clinic. And when we brought our toddler in to visit, he remembered us. He is truly special.
I wish I could remember... but I do remember he was most focused on being successful— as in a patient bringing home one healthy baby. I remember feeling a little discouraged that he only wanted to transfer one embryo because u had gone through so much so I felt like I should have the options of having twins! However he told me many times that that isn’t the safest way to become a parent. Looking back, I’m very appreciative that he has that less aggressive (but more successful) approach!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique Bucher )
I can’t say enough good things about Monique (Mo). Although she no longer works there, she was such a vital and positive part of my fertility journey. I remember initially thinking she wasn’t warm and fuzzy enough for me (islets be real, I need warm and fuzzy), but after each negative pregnancy test, it was so evident that she genuinely felt sorry for my husband and me. We grew close and I shed many tears in her office. She never made me feel rushed to get to her next patient and always listened to me (with tissues in hand). She was wonderful.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
One of the greatest things this clinic offered was a support group for women that met once a month. I only went a handful of times but I wish I had gone more. It was a wonderful safe space to cry, share stories, and even laugh about the painful journey we were all on. It was lead by a nurse named Cheryl who was so incredibly caring. I adored her. When I came back to visit when my daughter was a toddler, she recognized me and gave me a big hug. And I wasn’t even her patient! It’s that support and attention that makes that office truly special.
Everything a this clinic was smooth, including monitoring appointments. They’re flexible with your work schedules (to an extent, obviously), and were always able to do bloodwork and ultrasounds in a VERY quick and efficient manner.
Each IUI was around $750. I believe IVF costs were around $11,500. We spent about $15,000 for our total costs. Our health insurance covered medication costs.
Dr. Schnorr was very set on doing a single embryo transfer. However, come transfer day, I was devastated to find out that out of the 4 embryos thawed, two didn’t make it and two only made it to a grade of “good.” He informed me that our best chance of pregnancy would be to transfer both, and I ended up having a healthy singleton. But I am so glad he initially took the conservative approach to only wanting to do a single transfer.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Schnorr was very patient and through in explaining all the options. He answered all of our questions. I never felt rushed and he made us feel like we mattered to him as patients. When the IUI and IVF treatments were unsuccessful, he called me personally to ask how I was doing and discuss our options. I appreciated the time he took to reach out to me. ... Yeh next month I had another 5 day FET and it resulted in pregnancy and a healthy baby
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I would suggest to listen to his advice and trust in his judgement
He took the time to sit and talk with us. He gave us all the options and explained everything in detail
We began with IUI. I am not sure of the medication I was on at the time. I was taking injections to stimulate ovulation and egg growth. We began with this because I felt more comfortable with this procedure for personal reasons. After these attempts were unsuccessful we moved to IVF. Dr Schnorr explained that the Endometriosis was likely causing the IUI to fail and that IVF would bypass this problem. We then moved to IVF. I took injections to stimulate egg growth. I had an egg retrieval and 5 embryos were created as a result. The eggs were frozen. I had a 5 day frozen embryo transfer that was no successful. Yeh next month I had another 5 day FET and it resulted in pregnancy and a healthy baby
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cherub Hutto)
The nursing staff was amazing! They updated me every step of the way. They were so compassionate and caring. They checked on me and encourage me. I couldn’t ask for any better people
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Strenghts: they are very knowledgeable about treatments and options. They are through in all procedures and explainations of procedures. Weakness: This clinic and staff are amazing. We had no complaints
Out of pocket we paid around $20,000
Dr Schnorr prefers to do single embryo transfer because of the risk factors with multiples
Lexington

He [Dr. Schnorr] then let us choose to do an unmedicated IUI before moving on to meds because I was so nervous about fertility meds...Dr Schnorr was always kind and patient, never rushed us. He always explained why we were doing a certain course of treatment, what his recommendations were, and our chances of success...Know that he won't sugar coat things. He'll be kind but he won't give you false hope if he doesn't think you have good chances...He was direct and honest but also warm in how he discussed our treatment.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr Schnorr was always kind and patient, never rushed us. He always explained why we were doing a certain course of treatment, what his recommendations were, and our chances of success. He was direct and honest but also warm in how he discussed our treatment.
Know that he won't sugar coat things. He'll be kind but he won't give you false hope if he doesn't think you have good chances. And that's a good thing.
Dr Schnor explained the whole process himself, taking time to cover our options and the chances they gave us in his opinion. He then let us choose to do an unmedicated IUI before moving on to meds because I was so nervous about fertility meds, which was in retrospect very supportive of him because I know his success rates for unmedicated IUIs can't be great. When we returned to try to conceive a second child, he was visibly thrilled to meet our son that he helped us conceive and he tailored our plan to maximize insurance coverage while also using the plan that worked the first time (going straight to injectables).
We started with unmedicated IUI because I was afraid of fertility drugs as an unexplined infertility patient. He had recommended Femara IUI because he said in his experience people our age with unexplained infertility have a 5% chance per cycle on their own, 5% more with meds, and 5% more with IUI, so he wanted to combine it all for best chance of success. After one failed IUI, we moved on to Femara + Follistim TI cycle to maximize insurance coverage (at the clinic's recommendation). Then we did a Femara + Follistim IUI, and finally we did a Follistim IUI that resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy. When we returned to conceive again, we did one Follistim TI cycle at the doses that worked the first time, and that resulted in a healthy singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missildine)
Jan was empathetic and warm, prompt to respond and helpful in sorting out numerous issues with the lab where I had blood work done. She treated me and my myriad questions with respect and intelligent consideration. I did not like one of the nurses I met with when Jan was out of the office, however, and despite asking not to be assigned to her again, I continued to see her whenever Jan was absent. I cannot remember her name, but she had a way of making my every worry three times bigger (when I mentioned I was nervous about potentially conceiving twins, she started telling me that I had a 30% chance of twins, a 5% chance of triplets and "we've only had one set of quads" - whoa wasn't even thinking about triplets and quads, thanks lady) and making me feel like a cycle had failed before we even started ("Wow, the doctor said you have a 15% chance? That's way higher than we usually see with IUIs! So after this cycle, we will move on to IVF.") She was not my favorite person.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They scheduled me very promptly for a consultation, within a month of calling. My first go round, I went to the office in Charleston, which was brutal because it was a 2 hour drive there, but the office runs like a well oiled machine and my appointments were always quick and easy. While the drive was rough, the office support system was just what I needed when I was most emotionally vulnerable. They handled my insurance with expert adeptness, minimizing our costs and even going above and beyond to help me with a billing issue that arose when I chose to do bloodwork closer to home for one of my betas. The doctors do rotate procedure days, so Dr Slowey did two of my IUIs, but they're both excellent doctors. For my second attempt to conceive, i did my monitoring at a satellite office in Bluffton, which was not nearly as smooth of an experience. I had to get my blood work done at LabCorps, which often had a 1+ hour wait and usually lost my blood work order so I had to print copies. It was worth it to not drive 2 hours each way but only slightly when I was waiting 1-2 hours for blood work anyway. The experience was much better in the main office than the satellite office.
I seem to remember IUI cycles cost us $900 - $250 for a monitored cycle administrative fee and $650 fee for the IUI (I may not have those numbers perfect, and it was 2014). They did a great job working with our insurance and finding loopholes to get medication and monitoring covered.
Bluffton

2012 - 2014
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I remember the first time I met him [Dr. Schnorr] he had such a warming peresonality. We went into his office and he asked us what all we had been through and from there we came up with a treatment plan. ... When it came time for our egg retrieval he was so informative and explained how everything was going to happen. ... The first step he wanted us to take was to do an IUI and we went through two of those cycles with no success. So after that he suggested we try IVF
2012 - 2014
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
It's been 5 years since I last seen Dr. Schnorr, but I will tell you everything that I remember. I started going to Dr. Schnorr when I was 23, we had been trying to conceive for a couple years and were having no luck. I heard about Dr. Schnorr and decided to go in for a consultation. I remember the first time I met him he had such a warming peresonality. We went into his office and he asked us what all we had been through and from there we came up with a treatment plan. The first step he wanted us to take was to do an IUI and we went through two of those cycles with no success. So after that he suggested we try IVF he sat us back down in his office and went through every step of the IVF process in depth. He allowed us to ask as many questions as possible and from there we started our first IVF cycle. For me the first IVF was one big emotional roller coaster but that had a lot to do with the hormones. When it came time for our egg retrieval he was so informative and explained how everything was going to happen. After the egg retrieval I believe we transferred on day 3 but I could be wrong. We transferred one embryo and then came the long two week wait. I remember getting the call and was devastated to hear that the cycle did not work but they did tell us that one of the embryos we had left ended up growing an extra day and was a better grade embryo than the one they had implanted so we went ahead and froze that one. It took me about two years to work up the courage to go through a second cycle. I remember going back into his office and we sat down for another consultation, we went over everything we did in the first cycle and came up with another plan for the second cycle. This one was a little different because after the egg retrieval they froze the embryos and then we had a frozen cycle. We thought maybe if we gave my body time after the egg retrieval to settle back down that maybe it would work. So we came back a month later and had two embryos put in that time and had another one that we kept frozen. Unfortunately the second cycle did not work as well. So we now have two embryos one thats been frozen 5 years and another 7 years and our hope is to one day have those two implanted in the hopes that it will work.
Take notes and ask questions
Dr. Schnor was an amazing doctor and he always explained everything in detail to where we understood every step during the process.
It’s been 5 years unfortunately I don’t have any of that information and I can’t remember the names of the drugs we used.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
She was super nice, very informative and always had everything in folders with everything we would need. She also kept in touch by email with always letting me know my medication schedule and if there were any changes.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Again it’s been 5 years so I’m sure things have changed since I was last there but there strengths are how welcoming they make you feel from the moment you walk in the door. Many woman wish they didn’t have to sit in that office but they are always so pleasant and are willing to help whenever you need them.

2013 - 2014
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr was very professional but also warm and compassionate. In our first office visit I felt like I didn’t have to explain all of my feelings to him with having fertility issues because no matter what, he was going to do his best to help my husband and I achieve our goal of having a child. We were offered genetic testing but declined and were not pressured on the matter. I did have one set back with my injections. I believe I must have missed one or did it at the wrong time which led to my levels not being where they should've been. That was taken care of right away with ordering more meds and keeping me on track for the transfer. Every time I saw Dr. Schnorr he was always so positive which helped me stay positive.
Looking back, I was so nervous for our first appointment. I would definitely say now, there was no reason to be nervous. Dr. Schnorr’s confidence in being able to help my husband and I calmed all my fears about the process.
I always felt safe and important when I was being treated by dr. Schnorr. He answered my questions in a way I could understand. I never felt rushed when I was in his care.
He recommended that I try to lose some weight to have the best try at conceiving. I took a year to do that and I’m so glad I did. I don’t remember the exact drug protocol but there were only 2 things I had to inject at certain times and on certain days. We did several ultrasounds to check my egg sacs for retreival. We were set to do IVF so we had to do the egg retreival, ICSI and transfer of the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
Andrea was awesome through our whole expirience at coastal fertility. She was in constant contact with me. All of the staff was wonderful, including ultrasounds and blood draws.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I really don’t think there were any weaknesses. I always left feeling confident about our next steps. They were doing some renovations when we were being treated there so I can only imagine it’s gotten even better.
I went before work which worked out great. I never had to wait more than 15 minutes.
I really don’t remember the specifics of pricing. It was all laid out though before starting treatment. I knew exactly how much would need to be paid and when. This was a relief as fertility treatments are expensive.
Dr. Schnorr told us that basically our chances of getting pregnant while transferring one and getting pregnant by transferring 2 was about the same. I’m his opinion though, he thought we should transfer 2. We did end up transferring 2. He wouldn’t transfer more than 2 though.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
John Schnorr is amazing. His compassion and care exceeds all others. His relationship with his staff was great. I couldn't imagine having this procedure done with anyone else. There would not be one weakness not even the slightest hiccup occurred. Such a great man, and a awesome Doctor
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
John Schnorr is amazing. His compassion and care exceeds all others. His relationship with his staff was great. I couldnt imagine having this procedure done with anyone else. There would not be one weekness not even the slightest hiccup occurred. Such a great man, and a awesome Doctor
Get after it. Dont wait, and it is afforable if you want it to be.
When we came into the office we felt like we were the only one in that office. The Doctor would call us personally to see how things were going. Every time we met with the doctor or his nurse they asked questions about our life and remembered from visit to visit. I really feel like i made a friend with this doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique (Mo))
Mo was awesome. She was funny and caring. She was very very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She related well to me. Mo was willing to take all the time she needed with me. She sat in the room with me for the entire time i was in recovery from my retrieval. This blew me away. So awesome!!!!!
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The only weekness i could mention is the financial staff dropped the ball on my insurance quote, however im not sure that was their fault. They worked well with us with getting bills paid, making appointments and working with us on the weekends.
Out insurance would not cover anything and it ended up costing about $17,000 with medications and monitoring, retrieval and implantation

2013 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
He [Dr. Schnorr] seems to know his stuff and is invested in the overall idea, but I don't know if he is invested in me and my process. He is nice and attempts to explain things, but I don't feel he takes the time/ effort to know me. I trust his expertise, but I don't think he recognizes me, (Despite the fact ive been going there for years). I do think he's good at what he does,
2013 - 2019
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He seems to know his stuff and is invested in the overall idea, but I don't know if he is invested in me and my process. He is nice and attempts to explain things, but I don't feel he takes the time/ effort to know me. I trust his expertise, but I don't think he recognizes me, (Despite the fact ive been going there for years). I do think he's good at what he does,
Be involved in your process.
He explains thing well during appointments, whether in person or on the phone, but when I'm in his clinic for ultrasound/ blood work I don't think he knows who I am.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Wilkerson)
Jessica is amazing! Always aware of what's goibg on with me and my schedule and quick/ efficient with communication.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I really wish they (as a whole) would review my chart before my ultrasound/ calling with medication prescriptions. I.e. I don't have a right tube and they're never aware of that when giving me "good news" about my right ovary egg size :(
Ultrasound $170each, estrogen lab $90, LH $88, Lab Needle $10, Gonal and trigger shot about $500.. IUI maybe $1200..

How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr is a wonderful doctor. As stated in our previous statement, he has kept us sane during our treatments and also been very realistic with us. We appreciate his candid nature and would highly recommend him to our friends and family.
Ask as many questions as possible. Dr. Schnorr will answer any and all your questions.
Currently still a patient of Dr. Schnorr. He has been very up front about what our options were regarding trying to conceive. He has been very thorough, and our nurse has been very, very compassionate and helpful during our treatments. It’s hard to hear that we can’t conceive naturally, but due to my endometriosis it makes it super difficult. Dr. Schnorr has helped us understand why it’s difficult and yet what we can try to better our chances. We are currently trying our first IVF cycle this month. We are excited to try this and we are hopeful. We appreciate how thorough and wonderful he has been.
Andrea has been my saving grace when I need to ask her any and all questions during the day. She’s easy to communicate with, and always finds time to get back with me. I appreciate her so very much.

2014 - 2018
[Dr. Schnorr] Very likable. Candid, friendly, nice, available for questions, compassionate, knowledge and flexible. Sometimes focused to much on the negative of my condition and statistical outcomes. Pushed hard to use donor eggs but used my own.... [Protocols] Lupron 10cc one week before cycle and after through stim and retrieval. Testosterone cream during same period but stopped at stim. Follistim 450IU 10-12 days. Omnitrope last 4 days of stim.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Be persistent and ask questions
Wanted to be treated as an individual and yet statistics were constantly used
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan Missildine )
Best RN I could of asked for to treat me through this Lprocess. Compassionate, understanding and flexible. Has always made herself available to me. Has been my personal cheerleader during the good and hard times.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Cost are high. Not all staff are trained equally on the billing process. Flexible schedule and a nurse always on call. Three doctors in clinic and cover one another. Everything done in office. Friendly staff. Multiple locations
Went in for monitoring when convenient with several locations to choose
$15k to $20k for a entire cycle and meds

2013
Dr. Schnorr always seems very caring and compassionate. He always takes the time to make sure you’re comfortable with the treatment you are experiencing. He always speaks and has a smile on his face! ... Summer of 2013 - I don’t remember specifics but had egg retrieval with good quantity and had to freeze bc of mild OHSS. ... We decided to try FET using our remaining embryos.
2013
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Address every concern and he will listen and elaborate.
Awesome bedside manner!
Summer of 2013 - I don’t remember specifics but had egg retrieval with good quantity and had to freeze bc of mild OHSS. I had about 10 fertilize without ICSI so that was a plus! We did our first FET the following month and now we have a beautiful 4 1/2 year old little girl named Ella! :) Summer of 2018 - We decided to try FET using our remaining embryos. (we would like our sweet daughter to have a sibling). We basically did a natural cycle with the estrogen vaginal tablets. Got positive pregnancy test but lines were light. (ended up having chemical pregnancy) :( Tried again same protocol - did not get pregnant! :(
Andrea was amazing as well as all the nursing staff at Coastal Fertilty.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Coastal Fertilty Clinic is Awesome in every way! The people are amazing. I always leave there and comment how nice everyone is! The nurses are so friendly and efficient! I have loved everyone I came in contact with at this place!
Quick and thorough!
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Personable, knowledgeable, comforting, committed to patient care. He [Dr. John Schnorr] genuinely seems to care about your goals and desires but is also realistic about the reality of your challenges and presents all of your options in an easy to understand way.... Always called me after hours to check on me. Knows me by name and sight. Remembers points about me and my partner and inquired about the same.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Personable, knowledgeable, comforting, committed to patient care. He genuinely seems to care about your goals and desires but is also realistic about the reality of your challenges and presents all of your options in an easy to understand way.
Ask all the questions. He will answer every one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Yes but it changed during the 2 year course of treatment )
Everyone is wonderful and caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The entire team is wonderful, from front desk to finance to the embryologists. Doctors, nurses, and lab techs really seem to care about their patients and they take the time to get to know you. I feel like a good friend every time I walk in the door.
Efficient, well-oiled machine. The longest I ever waited was 10 minutes.
Mount Pleasant

He [Dr. John Schnorr] used pictures and drawings and wrote out percentages to give us a better idea of what treatment path to take.... Go in ready to listen- he's not very concerned with health, activity, diet, etc. He has a formula and it works.... He is absolutely wonderful and caring and knows what he's doing!.... They have a very efficient process down but it does remove to personal element. I felt like I was just being fit into an algorithm and was scared to ask questions, call, etc- anything that veered from protocol
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is absolutely wonderful and caring and knows what he's doing!
He used pictures and drawings and wrote out percentages to give us a better idea of what treatment path to take
She never seemed to be in the office or available, took forever to call back, was unorganized, unprofessional, and did not give me any confidence in what we were doing. I almost quit the whole process because of her. After speaking to several other patients, I found we all had the same bad experiences.
Warm, comfortable, and private
John Schnorr

Dr. Schnorr has a great bedside manner. He explained things clearly and with enough detail for us to understand. He was professional and caring. We only met with him once for our initial consultation but it was a good meeting and he made me feel like we were in the right place...Letrozole(2.5) for 4 days then Gonal F (37.5) followed by the trigger shot on our 1st round. The 2nd round was similar but we did the Gonal F longer I believe.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Go into your appointment with an open mind and try to stay positive.
The staff in the Mt. Pleasant office are very friendly. They called when I needed to speak to them even if it was after normal business hours.
Andrea was very sweet and demonstrated that she cared. She called even after hours and answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
The Myrtle Beach office has a nurse that is a bit dry and not overly friendly. She does her job well but appeared to get frustrated when I asked questions regarding my treatment plans. The staff in the Mt. Pleasant office have always been very friendly. We felt very comfortable there.
Each IUI process cost roughly 1500-2000 including medications and visits.
we did not do this yet.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Schnorr took time to explain everything, his recommendations, and really listen to our concerns ... We did a Lipton trigger for me as I have a history of hyperstimulation. ... He truly cares about his patient's successes and goes above and beyond to find a way for everyone to be able to conceive. We are so greatful for everything Dr Schnorr has done for us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr Schnorr is amazing! He truly cares about his patient's successes and goes above and beyond to find a way for everyone to be able to conceive. We are so greatful for everything Dr Schnorr has done for us.
Trust his course of action
Dr Schnorr took time to explain everything, his recommendations, and really listen to our concerns as well as go above and beyond to assist us with a procedure insurance didnt cover thar he didn't charge us for.
We did a Lipton trigger for me as I have a history of hyperstimulation.
Heather is amazing! She has been a patient so she knows what it's like to be in her patient's shoes. She is invested in her patients successes and a shoulder to lean on during failure. Could not ask for a better team to assist us in our fertility journey. We love them like family.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Success rates are some of the highest nationally with single embryo transfers. They are very responsive to questions and very easy to schedule appointments. The only issue some people may have are the shorter hours. They close earlier than most clinics, but since they are a satellite location it's to be expected.
3k FET 14k IVF 3k meds
Single embryo is 100% the way to go.