4.7

9225 University Boulevard
North Charleston, SC 29406
843) 972-9444

Treated 2017
Dr. Schnorr always gave me attention and warmth that I needed during our appointments. ... He is very caring and attentive. He remembers details about his patients, which is quite rare for a doctor. He can also relate to his patients, as he and his wife had to precious undergo fertility treatment themselves, which I think gives a level of understanding that most doctors do not have. I was recommended to Dr. Schnorr by a friend and I passed on referrals to other friends as well.
Everything a this clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] was smooth, including monitoring appointments. They’re flexible with your work schedules (to an extent, obviously), and were always able to do bloodwork and ultrasounds in a VERY quick and efficient manner. ... One of the greatest things this clinic offered was a support group for women that met once a month. I only went a handful of times but I wish I had gone more.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Not to rush the process. He may not be aggressive, but he gives you the treatment plan with the most success.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr always gave me attention and warmth that I needed during our appointments. I wasn’t just a patient filling a time slot in his day. He showed compassion with every failed cycle, and excitement when we finally graduated from his clinic. And when we brought our toddler in to visit, he remembered us. He is truly special.
Describe the protocols John Schnorr used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I wish I could remember... but I do remember he was most focused on being successful— as in a patient bringing home one healthy baby. I remember feeling a little discouraged that he only wanted to transfer one embryo because u had gone through so much so I felt like I should have the options of having twins! However he told me many times that that isn’t the safest way to become a parent. Looking back, I’m very appreciative that he has that less aggressive (but more successful) approach!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique Bucher )
I can’t say enough good things about Monique (Mo). Although she no longer works there, she was such a vital and positive part of my fertility journey. I remember initially thinking she wasn’t warm and fuzzy enough for me (islets be real, I need warm and fuzzy), but after each negative pregnancy test, it was so evident that she genuinely felt sorry for my husband and me. We grew close and I shed many tears in her office. She never made me feel rushed to get to her next patient and always listened to me (with tissues in hand). She was wonderful.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
One of the greatest things this clinic offered was a support group for women that met once a month. I only went a handful of times but I wish I had gone more. It was a wonderful safe space to cry, share stories, and even laugh about the painful journey we were all on. It was lead by a nurse named Cheryl who was so incredibly caring. I adored her. When I came back to visit when my daughter was a toddler, she recognized me and gave me a big hug. And I wasn’t even her patient! It’s that support and attention that makes that office truly special.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Everything a this clinic was smooth, including monitoring appointments. They’re flexible with your work schedules (to an extent, obviously), and were always able to do bloodwork and ultrasounds in a VERY quick and efficient manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Each IUI was around $750. I believe IVF costs were around $11,500. We spent about $15,000 for our total costs. Our health insurance covered medication costs.
Describe John Schnorr's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Schnorr was very set on doing a single embryo transfer. However, come transfer day, I was devastated to find out that out of the 4 embryos thawed, two didn’t make it and two only made it to a grade of “good.” He informed me that our best chance of pregnancy would be to transfer both, and I ended up having a healthy singleton. But I am so glad he initially took the conservative approach to only wanting to do a single transfer.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Schnorr was very patient and through in explaining all the options. He answered all of our questions. I never felt rushed and he made us feel like we mattered to him as patients. When the IUI and IVF treatments were unsuccessful, he called me personally to ask how I was doing and discuss our options. I appreciated the time he took to reach out to me. ... Yeh next month I had another 5 day FET and it resulted in pregnancy and a healthy baby
Strenghts: they [Coastal Fertility Specialists] are very knowledgeable about treatments and options. They are through in all procedures and explainations of procedures. ... The nursing staff was amazing! They updated me every step of the way. They were so compassionate and caring. They checked on me and encourage me. I couldn’t ask for any better people ...
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I would suggest to listen to his advice and trust in his judgement
He took the time to sit and talk with us. He gave us all the options and explained everything in detail
We began with IUI. I am not sure of the medication I was on at the time. I was taking injections to stimulate ovulation and egg growth. We began with this because I felt more comfortable with this procedure for personal reasons. After these attempts were unsuccessful we moved to IVF. Dr Schnorr explained that the Endometriosis was likely causing the IUI to fail and that IVF would bypass this problem. We then moved to IVF. I took injections to stimulate egg growth. I had an egg retrieval and 5 embryos were created as a result. The eggs were frozen. I had a 5 day frozen embryo transfer that was no successful. Yeh next month I had another 5 day FET and it resulted in pregnancy and a healthy baby
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cherub Hutto)
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Strenghts: they are very knowledgeable about treatments and options. They are through in all procedures and explainations of procedures. Weakness: This clinic and staff are amazing. We had no complaints
Out of pocket we paid around $20,000
Dr Schnorr prefers to do single embryo transfer because of the risk factors with multiples
Treated 2012 - 2014
I remember the first time I met him [Dr. Schnorr] he had such a warming peresonality. We went into his office and he asked us what all we had been through and from there we came up with a treatment plan. ... When it came time for our egg retrieval he was so informative and explained how everything was going to happen. ... The first step he wanted us to take was to do an IUI and we went through two of those cycles with no success. So after that he suggested we try IVF
Again it’s been 5 years so I’m sure things have changed since I was last there [Coastal Fertility Spec] but there strengths are how welcoming they make you feel from the moment you walk in the door. Many woman wish they didn’t have to sit in that office but they are always so pleasant and are willing to help whenever you need them. ... She [nurse] was super nice, very informative and always had everything in folders with everything we would need. She also kept in touch by email with always letting me know my medication schedule and if there were any changes.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
It's been 5 years since I last seen Dr. Schnorr, but I will tell you everything that I remember. I started going to Dr. Schnorr when I was 23, we had been trying to conceive for a couple years and were having no luck. I heard about Dr. Schnorr and decided to go in for a consultation. I remember the first time I met him he had such a warming peresonality. We went into his office and he asked us what all we had been through and from there we came up with a treatment plan. The first step he wanted us to take was to do an IUI and we went through two of those cycles with no success. So after that he suggested we try IVF he sat us back down in his office and went through every step of the IVF process in depth. He allowed us to ask as many questions as possible and from there we started our first IVF cycle. For me the first IVF was one big emotional roller coaster but that had a lot to do with the hormones. When it came time for our egg retrieval he was so informative and explained how everything was going to happen. After the egg retrieval I believe we transferred on day 3 but I could be wrong. We transferred one embryo and then came the long two week wait. I remember getting the call and was devastated to hear that the cycle did not work but they did tell us that one of the embryos we had left ended up growing an extra day and was a better grade embryo than the one they had implanted so we went ahead and froze that one. It took me about two years to work up the courage to go through a second cycle. I remember going back into his office and we sat down for another consultation, we went over everything we did in the first cycle and came up with another plan for the second cycle. This one was a little different because after the egg retrieval they froze the embryos and then we had a frozen cycle. We thought maybe if we gave my body time after the egg retrieval to settle back down that maybe it would work. So we came back a month later and had two embryos put in that time and had another one that we kept frozen. Unfortunately the second cycle did not work as well. So we now have two embryos one thats been frozen 5 years and another 7 years and our hope is to one day have those two implanted in the hopes that it will work.
Take notes and ask questions
Dr. Schnor was an amazing doctor and he always explained everything in detail to where we understood every step during the process.
It’s been 5 years unfortunately I don’t have any of that information and I can’t remember the names of the drugs we used.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
She was super nice, very informative and always had everything in folders with everything we would need. She also kept in touch by email with always letting me know my medication schedule and if there were any changes.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Again it’s been 5 years so I’m sure things have changed since I was last there but there strengths are how welcoming they make you feel from the moment you walk in the door. Many woman wish they didn’t have to sit in that office but they are always so pleasant and are willing to help whenever you need them.

Treated 2013 - 2019
He [Dr. Schnorr] seems to know his stuff and is invested in the overall idea, but I don't know if he is invested in me and my process. He is nice and attempts to explain things, but I don't feel he takes the time/ effort to know me. I trust his expertise, but I don't think he recognizes me, (Despite the fact ive been going there for years). I do think he's good at what he does,
I had a "missed ovulation" due to clinic error/ awareness [Coastal Fertility Specialists] that I didn't know was even a possibility and it cost us precious time, thousands of dollars and was an emotional stress. ... I really wish they (as a whole) would review my chart before my ultrasound/ calling with medication prescriptions. I.e. I don't have a right tube and they're never aware of that when giving me "good news" about my right ovary egg size :( ...
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He seems to know his stuff and is invested in the overall idea, but I don't know if he is invested in me and my process. He is nice and attempts to explain things, but I don't feel he takes the time/ effort to know me. I trust his expertise, but I don't think he recognizes me, (Despite the fact ive been going there for years). I do think he's good at what he does,
Be involved in your process.
He explains thing well during appointments, whether in person or on the phone, but when I'm in his clinic for ultrasound/ blood work I don't think he knows who I am.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Wilkerson)
Jessica is amazing! Always aware of what's goibg on with me and my schedule and quick/ efficient with communication.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Ultrasound $170each, estrogen lab $90, LH $88, Lab Needle $10, Gonal and trigger shot about $500.. IUI maybe $1200..
What specific things went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I had a "missed ovulation" due to clinic error/ awareness that I didn't know was even a possibility and it cost us precious time, thousands of dollars and was an emotional stress.
Treated 2013
Dr. Schnorr always seems very caring and compassionate. He always takes the time to make sure you’re comfortable with the treatment you are experiencing. He always speaks and has a smile on his face! ... Summer of 2013 - I don’t remember specifics but had egg retrieval with good quantity and had to freeze bc of mild OHSS. ... We decided to try FET using our remaining embryos.
I always leave there and comment how nice everyone is! The nurses are so friendly and efficient! I have loved everyone I came in contact with at this place! ... Andrea was amazing as well as all the nursing staff at Coastal Fertilty. ... Coastal Fertilty Clinic is Awesome in every way! The people are amazing ... [monitoring appointments] Quick and thorough!
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Address every concern and he will listen and elaborate.
Awesome bedside manner!
Summer of 2013 - I don’t remember specifics but had egg retrieval with good quantity and had to freeze bc of mild OHSS. I had about 10 fertilize without ICSI so that was a plus! We did our first FET the following month and now we have a beautiful 4 1/2 year old little girl named Ella! :) Summer of 2018 - We decided to try FET using our remaining embryos. (we would like our sweet daughter to have a sibling). We basically did a natural cycle with the estrogen vaginal tablets. Got positive pregnancy test but lines were light. (ended up having chemical pregnancy) :( Tried again same protocol - did not get pregnant! :(
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea was amazing as well as all the nursing staff at Coastal Fertilty.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Coastal Fertilty Clinic is Awesome in every way! The people are amazing. I always leave there and comment how nice everyone is! The nurses are so friendly and efficient! I have loved everyone I came in contact with at this place!
Quick and thorough!
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Schnorr took time to explain everything, his recommendations, and really listen to our concerns ... We did a Lipton trigger for me as I have a history of hyperstimulation. ... He truly cares about his patient's successes and goes above and beyond to find a way for everyone to be able to conceive. We are so greatful for everything Dr Schnorr has done for us.
They [Coastal Fertility Specialists] are very responsive to questions and very easy to schedule appointments. The only issue some people may have are the shorter hours. They close earlier than most clinics, but since they are a satellite location it's to be expected. ... She [Nurse Heather] is invested in her patients successes and a shoulder to lean on during failure. Could not ask for a better team to assist us in our fertility journey. We love them like family.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr Schnorr is amazing! He truly cares about his patient's successes and goes above and beyond to find a way for everyone to be able to conceive. We are so greatful for everything Dr Schnorr has done for us.
Trust his course of action
Dr Schnorr took time to explain everything, his recommendations, and really listen to our concerns as well as go above and beyond to assist us with a procedure insurance didnt cover thar he didn't charge us for.
We did a Lipton trigger for me as I have a history of hyperstimulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Heather Clayton)
Heather is amazing! She has been a patient so she knows what it's like to be in her patient's shoes. She is invested in her patients successes and a shoulder to lean on during failure. Could not ask for a better team to assist us in our fertility journey. We love them like family.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Success rates are some of the highest nationally with single embryo transfers. They are very responsive to questions and very easy to schedule appointments. The only issue some people may have are the shorter hours. They close earlier than most clinics, but since they are a satellite location it's to be expected.
3k FET 14k IVF 3k meds
Single embryo is 100% the way to go.