6.8

Baton Rouge, LA 70817
206 E. Farrel Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I felt like I was the one requesting tests done. I felt like he [Dr. John Storment] didn't give our case much attention because we aren't ready for IVF. I feel like no set plan was made either. Last visit he just said keep trying and we will see...But he was confident we would get pregnant. We have not yet...I felt like more could be done. Not just try on your own and see what happens...Do research and request tests.
Plan on asking a lot of questions and do your reseasrch before hand [at Fertility Answers]. Also plan on being felt like your just a number to the doctor. I wanted to feel like he really cared about our case. I did not want to be told to just try on your own or IVF...The nurses had wonderful bed side manner. They were always compassionate towards us...I felt like I was the one requesting tests done. I felt like he [Dr. John Sorment] didn't give our case much attention because we aren't ready for IVF. I feel like no set plan was made either. Last visit he just said keep trying and we will see...But he was confident we would get pregnant. We have not yet.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I felt like I was the one requesting tests done. I felt like he didn't give our case much attention because we aren't ready for IVF. I feel like no set plan was made either. Last visit he just said keep trying and we will see...But he was confident we would get pregnant. We have not yet.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Do research and request tests.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I felt like more could be done. Not just try on your own and see what happens.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Plan on asking a lot of questions and do your reseasrch before hand. Also plan on being felt like your just a number to the doctor. I wanted to feel like he really cared about our case. I did not want to be told to just try on your own or IVF.
Lafayette

I felt like just another person being artificially inseminated. He [Dr. Storment] didn't know me before the morning of each IUI'S. Zero talking, just like a simple ATM deposit. ... Don't expect him to care about you as a person or patient. ... And believe me, theres a lot of stuff I didn't even know to ask. I felt completely in the dark with both procedures. ...
They [FertilityAnswers] all assumed that I knew when to take everything/how to take everything. They forgot the sperm cup both IUI'S. The first time, thank god I had a sealed old cup that was given to me years ago. The second time, I had to drive back on a Friday afternoon and pick it up from their mailbox. I would've been completely screwed both times. They honestly don't care about people.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I felt like just another person being artificially inseminated. He didn't know me before the morning of each IUI'S. Zero talking, just like a simple ATM deposit. I feel like I was treated less than because an IUI brings in a lot less $$ than an IVF would. Made me wonder if there was any sperm even in the tube.
Don't expect him to care about you as a person or patient. You are just another number and you need him more than he needs you. You won't be asked anything because he doesn't care. If you want to know something; you will have to ask. Not friendly, not caring, its just another day for him.
I had never personally met the doctor with my clothes on. Only to inject sperm for the 2 iui's. I felt like a part of an assembly line. He didn't know anything about me or my history, just that I was another female patient and he was holding my partner's sperm about to do another procedure today.
Describe the protocols John Storment used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
The first cycle was a pill/injection cycle. Was given very little information because they just assumed people already knew how to use fertility drugs? I had to call and ask or use Google. I ovulated before my IUI was scheduled. Second cycle was completely injectables. Everything was double of the medication used last time. I was excited with the doubling down of meds except when I ovulated again on a Saturday afternoon and my IUI was scheduled for Monday morning. Another negative pregnancy test, another $3,000.00 wasted. Nothing was ever reviewed to me with a Dr. All treatments were told to me by nurses/staff in the office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They all assumed that I knew when to take everything/how to take everything. They forgot the sperm cup both IUI'S. The first time, thank god I had a sealed old cup that was given to me years ago. The second time, I had to drive back on a Friday afternoon and pick it up from their mailbox. I would've been completely screwed both times. They honestly don't care about people.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They don't try to figure out why youre not getting pregnant. They just push IVF and tell you that youre wasting your money on IUI's or anything else. They don't care about you, they don't offer any answers unless you ask. And believe me, theres a lot of stuff I didn't even know to ask. I felt completely in the dark with both procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Storment at Fertility Answers.
The first IUI was pretty straight forward. Right at $2,000 for IUI & medications. The second IUI was supposed to be $2,000 again; BUT after I paid (on day 1 as required) I was told that the meds would be double because of all the "injectables" plus it was now a different pharmacy that they were using. Also, after my failed IUI- I received in another bill for $500.00! Yes! They said it was because of some error in communication and that I should have been told about this before and the day of me paying for everything and that it was their mistake twice, but that surprise bill was mine.
Describe John Storment's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
Not sure/doesn't apply to me
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
There were the IUI's that they knew I would be bringing in fresh semen in a cup for the IUI's that were scheduled an hour or two later. They would tell me that I needed to have the sample to their office in like 45 minutes. I live 30-40 minutes away depending on traffic. When I would get to the office and sign in holding my cup, they would have me sit down for another 15-20 minutes each time like I was waiting for a regular doctor visit. They were told each time I walked in that I was dropping off my sample for my IUI. They don't care if all the sperm are dead before they do an IUI. This clinic is the worst in all areas. Front of house staff that makes you sit with dying sperm, nurses/staff that don't communicate dosage, doctors that don't meet/discuss anything till the moment of IUI; just an overall lack of give a damn by everyone in the building.
Lafayette

Dr Storment was very down to earth, and seemed ready to get a plan going to help us. ... He addressed us by name ... Because they could not diagnose my husband nor I with anything after being completely tested, we fell into the unexplained category. They had no reason to believe my body wouldn’t respond well to medicines so they didn’t have me on a high high dosage of everything thru IVF so I ended up with only 2 embryos able to be used. ...
Very nice and friendly atmosphere [FertilityAnswers], very opening and welcoming. ... The doctor and nurses all were always open to answer all of my many questions, and never gave the impression that I was a bother. I felt like they were truly rooting for me to get pregnant. ... I got to know the nurses and ultrasound techs from going so much and always enjoyed every single one.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr Storment was very down to earth, and seemed ready to get a plan going to help us. There was never any hesitation on my husband and I’s part with moving forward with him. He lined everything out for us and instructed us on each step thoroughly.
Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions, he will know the answers.
Dr Storment always treated my husband and I as valued patients. He addressed us by name when we walked in, would joke with my husband about football, and was very personable every visit.
Because they could not diagnose my husband nor I with anything after being completely tested, we fell into the unexplained category. They had no reason to believe my body wouldn’t respond well to medicines so they didn’t have me on a high high dosage of everything thru IVF so I ended up with only 2 embryos able to be used. I would like to possibly have higher dosages next round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne (IVF coordinator))
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Very nice and friendly atmosphere, very opening and welcoming. I really had nothing negative to say about my experience as a patient there. The doctor and nurses all were always open to answer all of my many questions, and never gave the impression that I was a bother. I felt like they were truly rooting for me to get pregnant.
If I remember correctly our whole IFV process including 2 transfers was around $18,000-20,000
We transferred one at a time, being we only had 2 to work with. He didn’t seem to have a problem if I would have chose to do both at once.

2015, Unsuccessful
Md [Dr. Storment] was friendly. As a whole, I felt like my wishes were not considered as I had wanted. I only met with this particular Md once I think, but i did have communication through the nurses with him later on. He definitely listened and answered questions during that one particular visit... i was given the option of IUI or nothing. I wanted to start basic treatment with fertility pills only; they would not do this. If you want aggressive treatment, this is the place to go.
HSG [at Fertility Answers] was $500. IUI would have been approximately $1200...Maybe I was overreacting, but I thought the nursing staff was a bit unfriendly (on one or two particular occasions over the phone). Otherwise, they seemed fairly cordial. My husband was not allowed to go into my HSG procedure with me. It seemed like this caused a little bit of friction because I was scared and wanted him, too.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Md was friendly. As a whole, I felt like my wishes were not considered as I had wanted. I only met with this particular Md once I think, but i did have communication through the nurses with him later on. He definitely listened and answered questions during that one particular visit. He requested an HSG, which I did with another dr in their practice.
Ask detailed questions early on and what their plan for you is. I was not impressed with my overall treatment regimen, even though I was only seen a couple times. Maybe it would have gotten better if I would have followed exactly what their plan was, but I believe I have the right to my own treatment in certain aspects. I wish I would have been presented with more options, instead of the "take it or leave it" approach.
In some ways, I felt like a human and respected. But in other ways, I felt like my wishes were not considered. I was not ready to do IUI at that time, but that is all that I was presented with for options. I had to go back to my primary care GYN to receive the basic fertility treatment that I wanted at that time (fertility pills/monitored cycles).
First visit was an initial conult. Second visit, I had an HSG done, which showed patent tubes. Then, i had labs for PCOS, which came back negative. Afterward, i was given the option of IUI or nothing. I wanted to start basic treatment with fertility pills only; they would not do this. If you want aggressive treatment, this is the place to go.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Nice building..we did have to drive about 2 hrs to get to the Lafayette location for any tests/procedures!
Insurance did not cover anything. Initial consult was close to $200, I think. HSG was $500. IUI would have been approximately $1200.

2013, Unsuccessful
When we were trying on our 3rd IUI I had 14 mature eggs because we did a lot of medications, he [Dr. Storment] said if I didn’t agree to selective reduction if I got pregnant with 4 or more than he wouldn’t do the insemination, I told him I have no idea what I’d do in that situation but that I don’t believe God would put me in that situation, he told my husband I was being emotional. I’d like to think I wouldn’t selectively abort my babies but I have no idea what I’d do if their lives or my life were in danger, I told him I couldn’t lie and I couldn’t say yes or no. He refused treatment
[The nurses at Fertility Answers] were wonderful and sweet...The IUI’s alone were $2500 before medication, we spent probably $7,000...They are very nice and I enjoyed meeting the other doctor I would just steer clear of Storment if you are sensitive. They get results but aren’t concerned about figuring out WHY you aren’t conceiving...When we were trying on our 3rd IUI I had 14 mature eggs because we did a lot of medications, he [Dr. Storment] said if I didn’t agree to selective reduction if I got pregnant with 4 or more than he wouldn’t do the insemination, I told him I have no idea what I’d do in that situation but that I don’t believe God would put me in that situation, he told my husband I was being emotional.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
He’s very into results, I’m not convinced he cares of his patients but I could be wrong. I felt like a number and less than due to the limited amount of money we had. He told my husband I was emotional when he didn’t agree with my view.
Don’t put your heart into it
When we were trying on our 3rd IUI I had 14 mature eggs because we did a lot of medications, he said if I didn’t agree to selective reduction if I got pregnant with 4 or more than he wouldn’t do the insemination, I told him I have no idea what I’d do in that situation but that I don’t believe God would put me in that situation, he told my husband I was being emotional. I’d like to think I wouldn’t selectively abort my babies but I have no idea what I’d do if their lives or my life were in danger, I told him I couldn’t lie and I couldn’t say yes or no. He refused treatment
We started with Femera because Clomid makes me crazy, that only resulted in 2 eggs, I ovulate at least one on my own each month anyway. So we went to femera and shots in the stomach (I cannot recall the name of the medication), again only 2 eggs, we only had money for one more so he upped it to double doses of femera and double doses of the shots and I got 14 mature eggs with several smaller ones, 21 in all I believe
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were wonderful and sweet
The IUI’s alone were $2500 before medication, we spent probably $7,000
He didn’t recommend it
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
They just showed we only did one IUI and one failed one but that’s not accurate, my records and bills show 2 and 1 canceled.
Lafayette

Dr. Storment is very nice and understanding. I told him I was ovulating based on over the counter ovulation predictors; however, I did not have a period. He told me that was impossible. He told me no period equals no ovulation. It wasn't until bloodwork done that he realized I am indeed ovulating. Then he performed an IUI when I wasn't even getting my period. That IUI failed.
The nursing staff [at FertilityAnswers] overall was compassionate and helpful. The nurse who took my blood could never get it the first time which was painful and annoying. She would draw a dot on my arm with a pen, which is a technique I have never seen. Others have no trouble taking my blood.... The clinic is a nice facility in a good location In Baton Rouge. The weakness is Dr. Storment. He was unable to help me and I felt I spent unnecessary money on an IUI when the reason behind the lack of my period was never looked into.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Do your research and your own homework. If something doesn't sound right, get a second opinion.
I felt I was treated as a human with Dr. Storment. He was compassionate and listened and tried to help with treatment options as best as he could. He said that he even conversed with other doctors around the US regarding treatment options for me.
Dr. Storment, after talking with other professionals, decided to perform an IUI when bloodwork showed I was indeed ovulating. He assumed I wasn't since I didn't have a period. My lack of a period was due to Ashermans Syndrome from having two D&C's. This should have been a red flag to Dr. Storment. I feel I wasted a few thousand on this IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nursing staff overall was compassionate and helpful. The nurse who took my blood could never get it the first time which was painful and annoying. She would draw a dot on my arm with a pen, which is a technique I have never seen. Others have no trouble taking my blood.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
IUI cost me around $2,000 plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
As stated earlier, Dr. Storment performed an IUI on me when there was an issue that needed taking care of first. I was not having my period due to scar tissue after two D&C's. When I changed fertility doctors, the next doctor advised he would have never done an IUI as my story definitely told a sign of Ashermans Syndrome.