6.5

500 Rue de la Vie
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
206 E. Farrel Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508

Initially when I first met with Dr. Storment for my consult I left the appointment feeling very hopeful and I felt as though he truly cared about myself and my husband. Throughout my IVF cycle I had little to no communication with Dr. Storment. The only time I saw him was the day of my actual egg retrieval...My doctor puts everyone on birth control prior to an IVF cycle to get everyone lined up in the same time frame for the clinic convince. If you have DOR I would highly recommend discussing this with your doctor and asking if they could create a plan specific to your needs and not the clinic’s needs.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Answers] was very friendly and organized. They are also very busy so at times I felt like I had a hard time getting in touch with someone that could assist me...Strengths: They will work with your schedule when it comes to appointment times. Friendly staff. The doctors seem up to date with the newest research and technology. Weaknesses: Lack of communication...
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Initially when I first met with Dr. Storment for my consult I left the appointment feeling very hopeful and I felt as though he truly cared about myself and my husband. Throughout my IVF cycle I had little to no communication with Dr. Storment. The only time I saw him was the day of my actual egg retrieval. I felt as though I wasn’t fully informed of how my cycle was going until after the egg retrieval when I realized that the cycle was unsuccessful. I wished that I had been more prepared going into my egg retrieval so that my expectations weren’t so high and I could have prepared better for an unfortunate outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Be more aggressive. Don’t feel as if you can only communicate with the nurses and front desk staff. If you have questions or concerns, tell them, and make sure that your messages and concerns are addressed by Dr. Storment each step of the way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I didn’t feel as if my story or situation was special or different than any other patient. There wasn’t much communication with Dr.Storment himself, which made me feel as if I were just another patient going through the clinic. Most of the communication I had with the clinic was through my nurse. I also don’t feel like they knew my name or my health history unless they looked in the chart. I was hoping it would be a more personalized experience.
Describe the protocols John Storment used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
I was put on the Nuvaring two weeks prior to starting my IVF cycle. The reason I was out in the Nuvaring instead of an oral birth control, was because I have diminished ovarian reserve. The Nuvaring has been shown to not overly suppress the ovaries which is why Dr. Storment chose this drug for me. I was put on Follistim, Menopur, and Gonadotropin. Throughout STIMs I was told I was responding a little slow, so he had increased my medication at one point. Prior to egg retrieval I was under the impression that I had about 12 follicles. My retrieval results in 8 eggs retrieved, 5 were mature, 4 fertilized with ICSI, and 1 made it to blast. I was encouraged to do genetic testing, so I did, and unfortunately my one embryo was abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Samone )
The nursing staff was very friendly and organized. They are also very busy so at times I felt like I had a hard time getting in touch with someone that could assist me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Answers.
The clinic puts serval patients at the same appointment time for monitoring appointments. I rarely had to wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Storment at Fertility Answers.
Medications were around $5,000 for my IVF retrieval. I believe the IVF cycle was about $16,000
Describe John Storment's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
There were two different occasions that I had to have my blood redrawn because of damage to the specimen. I am unable to determine if this error was done by the clinic or the lab.

2011 - 2019, Successful
I do love him [Dr. Storment], he is kind and sweet and is always positive. but i do feel pushed off at times. Sometimes he doesn't tell me straight up how he feels but lets the nurses deliver the dirty work. Overall he did give me my daughter and I will forever be thankful for that. ... CD3 baseline ultrasound, CD3 25mg of Femeral, CD5-9 follistim (various quantities) CD10 follicle check ultrasound. I usually always need a few more days. come back in 12-13 check again. Usually follicles matured as he liked. 1-2 more days of stims then the trigger. IUI 36 hours after Trigger. Husband brings sample from home 2 hours prior.
At times i feel good, but then others it feels like i am put into the assembly line box. ... They [FertilityAnswers] have it all, in house lab, ultrasound and are expanding to a full IVF Lab. When I am in the mist of a cycle the apts. are always when i need them. They also allow me to get in and out and still make it to work. Love the clinic. ... they are all kind, but you can def tell they have a LOT of patients on their plate. They introduce themselves each time... even though i have been there a long time. They are always kind though.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I do love him, he is kind and sweet and is always positive. but i do feel pushed off at times. Sometimes he doesn't tell me straight up how he feels but lets the nurses deliver the dirty work. Overall he did give me my daughter and I will forever be thankful for that.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They have it all, in house lab, ultrasound and are expanding to a full IVF Lab. When I am in the mist of a cycle the apts. are always when i need them. They also allow me to get in and out and still make it to work. Love the clinic.
Each Injectable IUI Cycle includes monitoring and the procedure it is $1750. I pay the meds directly to the pharmacy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
We had decided to move to IVF... well lift happened and we were unable to start when we wanted to. We wanted to try one final IUI. I called to inquire if Dr Storment would allow that. No one called me back... I had to call a couple times to finally talk to someone. When they called me back she did apologize and thought the other nurse had called me back. but was quick once she realized the mistake.
Lafayette

He [Dr. Storment] as a doctor and a communicator is second to none. He is very knowledgeable. He is easy to talk to. Nonjudgemental. Professional. Considerate. Great bedside manner. He is extremely caring and comes across truly hopeful for your success in growing your family not just his statistics...You only see Stormant at the initial visit, egg retrieval, and transfer. I saw him one other tome when I had questions about PGS.
There were two nurses Frieda and Suzanne that were knowledgeable. There was also one nurse a Amy who clearly did not know the process well & could never answer my questions...The clinic [FertilityAnswers] operates most clinics. No surprises. ...Be prepared to be on meds longer than anticipated due to their schedule.... transfers in Baton Rouge some months...$1500 initial labs $364 mock transfer
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
He as a doctor and a communicator is second to none. He is very knowledgeable. He is easy to talk to. Nonjudgemental. Professional. Considerate. Great bedside manner. He is extremely caring and comes across truly hopeful for your success in growing your family not just his statistics.
Your cycle is completely based on their schedule
I was put on a small dose of meds due to my history of ovarian torsion and overstimulation. I wasn’t happy with my results if only 4 eggs and one embryo when we started with 11 follicles but Dr Stormant seems confident that we will have success. We opted for a freeze all cycle due to my history of overstimulation. I am awaiting my FET and will be on meds for 41 days while awaiting the Lafayette transfer day.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
There were two nurses Frieda and Suzanne that were knowledgeable. There was also one nurse a Amy who clearly did not know the process well & could never answer my questions l. I have a Masters in Nursing so I know appropriate responses vs just trying to get by.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Nothing really needs to be said. The clinic operates most clinics. No surprises. There is no reals pros on cons that need to be mentioned. You go in, get labs drawn first, ultrasound second, then see the nurse. You only see Stormant at the initial visit, egg retrieval, and transfer. I saw him one other tome when I had questions about PGS.
$1500 initial labs $364 mock transfer $4000 meds $2600 labs $400 lawyer consents $3250 MD $1500 egg retrieval $400 anesthesia That’s all we have paid so far
Cannot comment on this as we only made one embryo
Lafayette

Dr. Storment does seem compassionate, but moreover, he seems really busy. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with patients but he does seem to truly love what he does. He is easy to talk to, but he seems rushed most of the time. He is gentle and explains what is going to happen beforehand... During most visits, I did not see the doctor unless I specifically asked. Each time I went to the clinic, I saw new or different staff members working. The IUI was not done by the doctor I had been working with
The clinic [Fertility Answers-Baton Rouge] looks nice and clean and modern. The front desk staff are friendly, although the day of my trigger shot, they did not let the nurses know I was waiting so I sat 1 hour past my "appointment" time. This made me question how organized they are and how well they communicate. The music in the lobby was calming. The bad thing about the clinic is how expensive it is (all out of pocket), and how busy they are. It feels like the treatment approach is cookie-cutter and not tailored to an individual patient. There was no effort into finding out the reason for my infertility, just treating it.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
It doesn't matter how much of a relationship you form with him because he may or may not even be at your procedure appointment. Make sure to come prepared with a lot of questions and don't be afraid to take the time to ask them all.
During most visits, I did not see the doctor unless I specifically asked. Each time I went to the clinic, I saw new or different staff members working. The IUI was not done by the doctor I had been working with.
Treatment started with bloodwork, then Letrazole pills, then more bloodwork. Once the bloodwork #s looked like ovulation was near, I was given a trigger shot and scheduled for an IUI procedure the next day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I saw different staff members on each visit. The lady doing the ultrasounds was the same each time, and she was friendly but had a difficult time seeing my ovaries, which made it uncomfortable. The lab tech was gentle and compassionate about how nervous I get during bloodwork. The care coordinator was just very busy. She wrote out the protocol for my treatment on a calendar, but it was still difficult for me to decipher what should be done and when.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic looks nice and clean and modern. The front desk staff are friendly, although the day of my trigger shot, they did not let the nurses know I was waiting so I sat 1 hour past my "appointment" time. This made me question how organized they are and how well they communicate. The music in the lobby was calming. The bad thing about the clinic is how expensive it is (all out of pocket), and how busy they are. It feels like the treatment approach is cookie-cutter and not tailored to an individual patient. There was no effort into finding out the reason for my infertility, just treating it.
$1500 plus medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
I was told to show up at a specific time for my trigger shot and I was never called into the back from the lobby. I had to remind the front desk receptionist that I was waiting and then the nurse informed me that she had no idea. Also, the package that I paid for was supposed to include lab work, but I still received a bill from the lab. The office was quick to address that issue in only 1 call.
Baton Rouge
Everything we were to expect was laid out before us before we ever decided to move forward with any treatment [with Dr. Storment]...He's a very understanding and caring doctor. He'll take all of your concerns and answer every one... we had to change our plan from a fresh transfer to a frozen one because my progesterone rose to a level that he believed would hinder implantation. Once I had a decent number of large enough follicles(can't remember the size they had to be) we triggered and his colleague , Dr Conway, did my retrieval.
They [staff at Fertility Answers] are very good about returning calls in a timely manner and never got impatient with me, regardless of how many times I called or questions I asked. The only thing bad I would say is sometimes they would get too "technical" with terms and I had to ask them to explain. I think they're just so familiar with everything that they sometimes forget that this is all new to the patient...My primary nurse could be very abrupt at times. She wasn't always the greatest at explaining the process of everything to me either. However the ultrasound tech(Julia) and the nurse( Jasmine) who drew my blood every time I went in were both phenomenal on the care they provided.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
From our very first consultation we could hear the care he has for his patients. He reviewed our case in detail and went over all our possible treatment options with us. He realistically gave us our percentages of success vs failure. We decided on the best plan of action do us, based on the results of all our testing, was IVF with ICSI. Everything we were to expect was laid out before us before we ever decided to move forward with any treatment.
Be honest with him about your concerns and feelings. He's a very understanding and caring doctor. He'll take all of your concerns and answer every one.
Every time we saw him he asked personal questions about her life and was genuinely interested in our lives outside of our infertility journey.
I don't know if there is a specific name for the protocol he used for our treatment other than ICSI for the actual fertilization process. I was on stims for almost two weeks before I triggered for my egg retrieval. He did have to double my dosage of Menopur 1/2 way through my stims because I was not responding as well as he thought I would. As a result we had to change our plan from a fresh transfer to a frozen one because my progesterone rose to a level that he believed would hinder implantation. Once I had a decent number of large enough follicles(can't remember the size they had to be) we triggered and his colleague , Dr Conway, did my retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Frida)
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They are very good about returning calls in a timely manner and never got impatient with me, regardless of how many times I called or questions I asked. The only thing bad I would say is sometimes they would get too "technical" with terms and I had to ask them to explain. I think they're just so familiar with everything that they sometimes forget that this is all new to the patient.
I did all of my monitoring appointments first thing in the morning so I could head straight in to work after. They were very convenient and I never had to change my schedule around to accommodate them. They were very efficient with my time and I was always in and out in 30 mins or less.
Consultation was $150 total transfer fees after that were around $15,000. That is for egg retrieval medicines and frozen transfer.
We actually discussed this with him in detail and his feeling and findings were rhat there was no real increase in success rates with a multiple embryo transfer over a single but there were more risks involved in pregnancies with multiples so he prefers to only transfer one. There are exceptions he will make, for example if you're over 35 at time of retrieval or you've had multiple failed transfers.