6.5

7.2

John Wilcox works at

55 S. Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

I believe Dr. Wilcox is an exceptional, knowledgeable doctor with years of experience. ... We have had two failed transfers with pgs normal embryos and he only suggested one test (ERA) but does not believe in changing our protocol at all. ... I believe it is unconscionable that a doctor does not provide follow up care with failed treatments and that I had to demand follow up meetings.
I would NOT recommend HRC to any prospective patients. ... It seems they are most interested in generating profit rather than providing attentive care to people who are experiencing one of the most difficult things they can go through in their lives. ... HRC is completely overworked, overbooked, and overcrowded. ... The nurses are too busy, the doctors are busy and also too confident and cocky in their abilities ...
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
I believe Dr. Wilcox is an exceptional, knowledgeable doctor with years of experience. He has a calm, supportive and reassuring demeanor, however, he is a bit too confident in his abilities and unwilling to change or adjust his protocol. We have had two failed transfers with pgs normal embryos and he only suggested one test (ERA) but does not believe in changing our protocol at all. He also does not do follow up appointments and after two failed transfers, I had to push our clinic to demand a meeting with Dr. Wilcox. I believe it is unconscionable that a doctor does not provide follow up care with failed treatments and that I had to demand follow up meetings.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
I would not recommend HRC or Dr. Wilcox if you are seeking personalized, one-on-one care with a provider who has the time to respond to your concerns. However, if this is not a priority for you, then HRC and Dr. Wilcox are very capable and should hopefully get you success. They are not a good clinic for patients that have more difficult cases and need more specialized care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
HRC's clinic in Pasadena is completely overworked and understaffed. They have taken on too many patients, including a large number of foreign national patients. There have been many times where the waiting room is so crowded that patients have nowhere to sit. This in turn affects the level of care that the doctors and nurses provide us as patients. I have had very little interaction with Dr. Wilcox and he is so busy that he does not do follow up appointments with patients. I realize that we need to find a clinic and doctor that offers more personalized care.
Describe the protocols John Wilcox used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I did one egg retrieval with Dr. Wilcox which yielded 34 eggs, of which 28 were mature. All 28 were fertilized with ICSI and we ended up with 14 blastocysts. We sent the 14 embryos to be PGS tested and 6 came back PGS normal. He gave us a protocol of menopur and follistim and Lupron trigger. For FET #1, we did delestrogen injections every 3 days and then progesterone suppositories and sublingual progesterone 3 times a day. This resulted in a negative beta test (implantation failure) with our best PGS embryo. FET #2 I took 10mg daily of prednisone, delestrogen injections every 3 days and progesterone suppositories twice a day and progesterone injections once a day. This also resulted in a negative beta test (implantation failure) with our second best PGS embryo. Dr. Wilcox suggested ERA to determine if the timing is accurate but does not recommend any further immune testing or testing for endometritis or endometriosis. With each transfer, my lining has been perfect (10mm a week before the transfer, trilaminar stripe), my hysteroscopy showed a great uterine cavity. Dr Wilcox believes it is just a matter of time until we get pregnant and does not suggest any other testing so we will be switching doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette Villajoaquin)
Dr Wilcox's nursing staff is good and prompt in returning my calls and emails, however they do lack some compassion or empathy. For example, my nurse called with the negative beta results and did not say "I'm sorry" or any other words to provide comfort. I also think the nurses are completely overworked and understaffed.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC is completely overworked, overbooked, and overcrowded. It seems they are most interested in generating profit rather than providing attentive care to people who are experiencing one of the most difficult things they can go through in their lives. The nurses are too busy, the doctors are busy and also too confident and cocky in their abilities (which hasn't worked for us as we are not pregnant yet) and unwilling to change. They are more concerned with their foreign investments and their clinic is more about making a profit than providing personalized, attentive care. I would NOT recommend HRC to any prospective patients. They have good success rates but they treat you like a number. This is not worth it to me at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Wilcox at HRC Fertility.
We paid around $16,000 for egg retrieval, ICSI, and pgs testing on 14 embryos (including ultrasounds, blood tests, and one beta test and transfer). Our next FET cycle cost $3260 which includes a Kaiser discount. The medications were extra and varied in price.
Describe John Wilcox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I did not have any mismanagement of my case (e.g. protocol, medications, etc) but I was generally unhappy with how impersonal our care was. After one failed transfer, we did not get a follow up appointment with our doctor nor were we counseled on why things possibly failed and what we could do for our next transfer. There was also an assumption that we had unlimited funds to do all types of procedures that we could not afford. We were not explained WHY we were given certain medications over others, which comes back to a lack of personalized care and one-on-one interaction with our doctor.

2020, Unsuccessful
The doctor’s [Dr. Wilcox] approach is a one size fits all method. Throughout the 3 rounds of IVF, he did not bother changing the medication for any of those rounds. Even after 2 of the cycles resulted in identical failed outcomes that followed the same recipe, he chose to only slightly change the dosage on one of the medications...Throughout the treatment, he was dismissive of my questions and continued to use statistics to justify his dismissive attitude...
The staff [at HRC Fertility] was friendly and helpful. However, it was apparent that they were understaffed. There were a few times where I was left in a waiting room (or left in the hallway) after an exam for awhile before a nurse came to meet with me...During one IVF round, the nurse did not order one of my medications in time and I actually ran out of it...The billing department lost records of previous invoices....
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Summary: I would NOT recommend going to Dr Wilcox at HRC for your fertility treatment, as I had a disappointing and demoralizing experience with him. Note: This review is solely for Dr John Wilcox and does not reflect the other doctors at the HRC Fertility clinic. Background: I had 3 unsuccessful rounds of IVF (2 that went through an egg retrieval and 1 that did not even make it that far). I waited a year to write this review because I wanted to be absolutely sure that the disappointing experience was valid and not marred from the failed results. I wanted to wait and compare the behavior with my other doctor to be absolutely sure that this wasn’t behavior that was common or considered normal. I can assure you that it is not. I ended up going to another clinic, and am now pregnant. I just wish I didn’t have to go through the painful journey with Dr Wilcox beforehand. I hope this feedback will help others avoid my mistake, and save themselves heartache and a huge financial loss. Problem #1: One size fits all approach The doctor’s approach is a one size fits all method. Throughout the 3 rounds of IVF, he did not bother changing the medication for any of those rounds. Even after 2 of the cycles resulted in identical failed outcomes that followed the same recipe, he chose to only slightly change the dosage on one of the medications. I also asked him about changing the medication, which he dismissed and chose to stick to his [continued unsuccessful] method. By the way, the 2nd round didn’t even make it to the egg retrieval stage. One example of the unchanging and failed recipe: Dr Wilcox had me start every cycle with 2 weeks on birth control. Come to find (per my new doctor at a different fertility clinic) that birth control can actually slow down the growth of follicles too much for those who are sensitive to birth control AND that the birth control method is actually for the benefit of the doctor not the patient. It allows the doctor to control the timing of a woman’s cycle, rather than follow the natural cycle. (Dr Wilcox never explained this to me, btw) Problem #2: Poor bedside manner Throughout the treatment, the doctor was dismissive of my questions and continued to use statistics to justify his dismissive attitude. (I.e., when I asked him why the medications were not changed after the first and second failed attempt, he told me that his approach works for the ‘majority’ of his clients and if it failed for me then that must mean statistically I do not have a good chance of getting pregnant anyways.) His stance was that since my results were not successful based on his [one size fits all] treatment, the odds of me getting pregnant were slim to none. He told me straight up that I had <1% of getting pregnant by the 2nd cycle. He also mentioned to me after my first round, that HRC’s policy was to only allow 3 rounds per person before they stop treatment. (They would only continue treatment if the person opts for a donor egg.) Problem #3: Understaffed The staff was friendly and helpful. However, it was apparent that they were understaffed. There were a few times where I was left in a waiting room (or left in the hallway) after an exam for awhile before a nurse came to meet with me. During one IVF round, the nurse did not order one of my medications in time and I actually ran out of it. When I let the staff know that I ran out and I needed to get a refill ASAP, Dr Wilcox emailed me and said that it was ok that I skip a few days because it doesn’t really make much of a difference. Nice to know that they prescribed me medication (that was quite expensive) that ‘didn’t do much’. Problem #4: Runs like a business The office is really nice and comfortable. The waiting lounge feels spa-like and I know they recently moved into a new space since I left. HRC looks like a very profitable business, and Dr Wilcox manages that business very well. Throughout my IVF experience with him, I felt like he was handling my fertility treatment very much like a business. With the one size fits all treatment, the policy of no more than 3 rounds, and immediate referral to egg donor after the first round, I felt like he was churning me through the fertility factory and trying to get me out as soon as possible so the next customer can get in line. In my final IVF round with HRC, he confirmed that I only had one follicle that was mature enough to retrieve. (Yes, only ONE) He told me to go ahead with the egg retrieval surgery anyways. For those of you who are not familiar with that procedure, the patient undergoes general anesthesia and the procedure is invasive. Dr Wilcox had me go through that procedure for ONE follicle, which has a very low chance of success. I didn’t realize how unethical it was for him to do that, until I went to the new clinic and the multiple doctors there said that they would never recommend a patient to go through a retrieval with only one follicle. This just further confirmed that he does not treat patients like human beings. Conclusion: If you are looking to get fertility treatment, please go to another doctor. You will not get the experience you need nor deserve with Dr Wilcox. Luckily for me, my insurance covered majority of my treatments so I was financially able to continue with another doctor and now I am pregnant. However, I know for a fact that if I didn’t have insurance, I would have spent my savings on this horrendous experience.
Go to another doctor. If you've already committed, then do A LOT of research on your own. I would ask about alternative medication (especially to the birth control pills they prescribe) and alternative hormone medication. There are hormone medications that are covered by insurance and ones that are not. Ask your insurance and TELL (don't ask) him that is what you need.
Throughout my IVF experience with Dr Wilcox, I felt like he was handling my fertility treatment very much like a business. With the one size fits all treatment, the policy of no more than 3 rounds, and immediate referral to egg donor after the first round, I felt that he was churning me through the fertility factory and trying get me out as soon as possible, so the next customer can get in line. Throughout the treatment, he was dismissive of my questions and continued to use statistics to justify his dismissive attitude. (I.e., when I asked him why the medications were not changed after the first and second failed attempt, he told me that his approach works for the ‘majority’ of his clients and if it failed for me then that must mean statistically I do not have a good chance of getting pregnant anyways.)
Round 1: I started with birth control pill for 7 days. Then they had me take [daily] 25ml of Omnitrope injections, 300 IU of Gonal injections for first couple of days, then increased dosage to 450 IU, and Clomid pills for about a week and a half. Gonal dosage increased because the follicles were not growing quickly enough. (The # of days of hormone treatment also differed slightly for each round depending on the follicle growth each time.) Dr Wilcox was waiting until the follicles reached an average of 20-23 mm. I used Pregnyl as the trigger shot 2 days before the egg retrieval. Results were one egg retrieved with failed fertilization even though they were monitoring 3 eggs. Round 2: Same birth control for 7 days. Then 25ml of Omnitrope injections, 450 IU of Gonal injections and Clomid pills for only 4 days because my follicles were growing unevenly so they stopped treatment mid-way. Result: No egg retrieval. Round 3: Same birth control for 7 days. Then 25ml of Omnitrope, 450 IU of Gonal for first 4 days then increased to 525 IU, and Clomid. Again, the follicle were not growing quickly enough. Pregnyl for trigger then retrieval. Doctor continued to try to hit the 20-23 mm follicle size. Results: Retrieved one egg (doctor knew there was only one egg). Egg degenerated a couple of days after retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gladdys D. Caspellan)
The staff was friendly and helpful. However, it was apparent that they were understaffed. There were a few times where I was left in a waiting room (or left in the hallway) after an exam for awhile before a nurse came to meet with me. During one (of 3) of the IVF rounds, the nurse did not order one of my medications (omnitrope) in time and I actually ran out of it in the middle of treatment. When I let the staff know that I needed to get a refill ASAP, Dr Wilcox emailed me and said that it was ok that I skip a few days because it did not really make much of a difference. Nice to know that they prescribed me medication (that was quite expensive) that ‘didn’t do much’. My coordinator was sweet but she was not very responsive. She called me a couple of times in the beginning of my first round but then I never really heard from her afterwards. I mostly spoke or emailed with the nurses directly. And when I had billing questions, I had to work directly with the billing department.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths: The nurses who took my blood sample during every visit were pros at it. Seemingly painless and minimal bruising. Weaknesses: Clinic was super busy with understaffed nurses. Don't except to get a lot of attention here.
Thankfully, my insurance covered most of the services. There were a few medications that my insurance did not cover, like Omnitrope and Pregnyl.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
During one IVF round, the nurse did not order one of my medications in time and I actually ran out of it. When I let the staff know that I ran out and I needed to get a refill ASAP, Dr Wilcox emailed me and said that it was ok that I skip a few days because it doesn’t really make much of a difference. The billing department lost records of previous invoices. I got an invoice recently (in 2021) for services in 2020. Unfortunately, my FSA does not cover services from prior years so I had to pay out of pocket. They also double billed my insurance for the same services in 2020. Thankfully I researched each service (and kept track of them in my own excel spreadsheet) so I noticed it right away. The billing dept actually admitted that the prior team that handled the bills lost paperwork.
Pasadena

Dr. Wilcox is a great doctor with calm demeanor. He or his nurse practitioner did all of my ultrasounds, which is great. However, I never spoke to Dr. Wilcox after each failed transfer. Even just a quick phone call to show his support would have been nice....He may come off a little too calm, but that seems to be his personality and bedside manner....During the last ultrasound prior to my 3rd FET, I asked him a question and he gave me a single word response before leaving the room. I did not feel very supported/validated at that time.
Dr. Wilcox's [HRC] nurse team was amazing. From his nurse practitioner Tiffany, to my assigned IVF coordinator Teresa, to his awesome nurses Nanette, Ana, and Kat, I always felt that everyone knew where I was in my cycle and what the next steps were. I never felt that his team was confused as to which patient I was. i never felt like a number. My preferred mode of communication is email, and sometimes I would email a random question. If Teresa was not able to respond quickly, one of the other nurses was so quick to respond.
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Wilcox's strength is his very calm demeanor, which I equated to confidence. He was always cool and collected, and his tone of voice was very comforting. He answered every question I had (except with the last transfer) as if he had always known the answer. He never faltered in his responses, which made me feel at ease. Dr. Wilcox's weakness, as previously stated, is that he could be a bit more supportive. After each failed transfer, I never connected with him as far as the next steps. I always spoke to my IVF coordinator, who would speak on his behalf. After each failed transfer (I had 3), I would have liked to connect with him or even have him call me with the next steps. I think that adds the human factor; the idea that he's not just a busy doctor, but a human who actually cares about my progress. During the last ultrasound prior to my 3rd FET, I asked him a question and he gave me a single word response before leaving the room. I did not feel very supported/validated at that time. I would say that for the most part, though, Dr. Wilcox was professional and I was confident with my treatment plan. His protocol always worked for me because I responded well to medications. Everything looked picture perfect beforehand. He adjusted the treatment plan with each failed FET, and I had cervical dilations and an ERA to help diagnose possible issues with implantation at the cellular level. I am confident in his treatment plans for me for the future as well.
He may come off a little too calm, but that seems to be his personality and bedside manner. If you don't feel comfortable by that, I would go with another doctor. He was always consistently cool as a cucumber.
Dr. Wilcox is a great doctor with calm demeanor. He or his nurse practitioner did all of my ultrasounds, which is great. However, I never spoke to Dr. Wilcox after each failed transfer. Even just a quick phone call to show his support would have been nice. Maybe that is too much to ask, but this is an extremely emotional experience and sometimes the bad news/aftermath of bad news is better received when it comes from the doctor. His awesome nursing team called me by phone/email, and were always prompt. But that is the only thing I would have liked from Dr. Wilcox.
EGG RETRIEVAL IN JUNE 2017: Birth control pills started on 5/19/17-5/28/17. 5/30/17 appt for ultrasound/labs. 6/2/17: Started Gonal F 300 units, Menopur 75 units, Omnitrope 0.25 mL every night. 6/6/17: Appt for ultrasound/labs. Based on lab results, I continued all medications as ordered and increased Menopur to 100 units. 6/8/17: appt for labs/ultrasound. Follicles growing well, responding to meds well. 6/10/17: appt for labs/ultrasound. 6/11/17: trigger injection. 6/13/17: egg retrieval under general anesthesia. 19 eggs retrieved, 13 eggs mature, 11 fertilized via ICSI, 10 blasts, 5 PGS normal embryos (3 boys/2 girls). FET #1 IN AUGUST 2017: 7/1//17:take last birth control pill. 7/12/17 appt for ultrasound, labs for BHCG and estrogen. 7/16/17: Start Delestrogen 0.1mL every 3 days for 2 doses. Start prenatal vitamins, dha, and folic acid daily. 7/22/17: increase Delestrogen to 0.2mL every 3 days. 7/26/17: Appt for ultrasound/labs for progesterone and estrogen. 7/30/17: Started Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository 3 times daily and Progesterone 200mg lozenges sublingually 3 times daily. 8/4/17: FET with 1 male PGS embryo. Dr. Wilcox had difficulty accessing my uterus because my cervix is anatomically shaped differently. 8/16/17: Beta HCG negative. FET#2 IN OCTOBER 2017: 9/22/17: Dr. Wilcox completed a cervical dilation and endometrial scratch, because he had difficulty accessing my uterus during FET #1. 9/27/17 started Delestrogen 0.1 mL every 3 days for a total of 2 doses. Started prenatal vitamins, DHA, and folic acid daily. 10/3/17: increased Delestrogen to 0.2mL every 3 days. 10/6/17 appt for ultrasound/labs. 10/11/17 started Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository 3 times daily and Progesterone 200mg lozenge sublingually 3 times daily. 10/16/17: FET with 2 PGS normal embryos (1 male/1 female) under general anesthesia. 10/27/17: Beta negative. ERA CYCLE IN DECEMBER 2017: 11/2/17 started birth control. 11/11/17 last birth control pill today. 11/15/17 appt for ultrasound/labs. 11/16/17 started Delestrogen 0.1mL every 3 days for a total of 2 doses. 11/22/17 Increased Delestrogen to 0.2mL every 3 days. 11/27/17 appt for labs/ultrasounds. 11/30/17 started Progesterone 1mL IM daily and Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository 3 times daily. 12/5/17: ERA biopsy. Started back on birth control pills. FET#3 IN JANUARY 2018: 12/22/17 cervical dilation under general anesthesia. 12/28/17 took last birth control pill today. 1/2/18 appt for labs, ultrasound, and endometrial scratch. Started Delestrogen 0.1mL every 3 days for a total of 2 doses, and started prenatal vitamins, folic acid, and dha. 1/8/18 increased Delestrogen to 0.2mL every 3 days. 1/12/18 appt for labs and ultrasound. Dr. Wilcox saw what could have been hydrosalpinx on right side fallopian tube. 1/16/18 started Progesterone 1mL IM daily at 9am, and Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository 3 times daily. 1/22/18 FET #3 with 1 PGS male embryo under general anesthesia. 2/2/18 Beta negative. CURRENT PLAN OF CARE: referred back to OB for possible laparoscopy of right side pelvic area, or placement of Essure on right side fallopian tube.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Teresa Fontanilla)
Dr. Wilcox's nurse team was amazing. From his nurse practitioner Tiffany, to my assigned IVF coordinator Teresa, to his awesome nurses Nanette, Ana, and Kat, I always felt that everyone knew where I was in my cycle and what the next steps were. I never felt that his team was confused as to which patient I was. i never felt like a number. My preferred mode of communication is email, and sometimes I would email a random question. If Teresa was not able to respond quickly, one of the other nurses was so quick to respond. I never felt like I was waiting for an answer. When I came to my appointments, I always felt like they knew who i was. I really appreciated that!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Front staff was nice enough, but could have been a bit more welcoming of patients. I have spent a lot of time there, and they are consistently nice enough. This is a highly emotional experience, so I feel that the more smiles I see, the better the experience. It would be nice to be greeted to a warm, friendly, and understanding receptionist when I am going in for transfers, or going in for what I know is going to be a negative beta test. I will say that they are efficient and I am in and out as soon as possible. The entire facility is amazing and I can see that they value appearance. It is beautiful as soon as you walk out of the elevator. I love that it is always clean, and their coffee/tea station is fully stocked. There is always a place to sit, which is nice.
The cost for an IVF cycle (egg retrieval, 1st FET, PGS testing): $16,565. If I opted for no PGS testing, it would have been $12,110. Each FET $3150. General anesthesia $1500. Endometrial scratch $300. Cervical dilation $1100. ERA test $870. Biopsy $260.
My doctor felt that I would be successful with a singleton transfer, but ultimately left it up to me. He was willing to transfer 2 PGS embryos, though it was not his recommendation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I was picking up prescriptions for one of my upcoming transfers. My requested that my prescriptions be called in to a nearby pharmacy (I live quite far from the clinic), and my nurse responded that she will do that. i called the pharmacy to ensure that the prescriptions were ready before arriving, and they did not have a record of any prescriptions called in. I quickly called HRC, and they immediately called in the prescriptions. It worked out. That was the only time something like that happened.
Pasadena

[Dr. Wilcox] Never called even when we found out our cycle had failed and we had 0 embryos to transfer. He has no bedside manners. Wouldn't recommend him...We were treated as a business transaction throughout the whole cycle. He also didn't perform the proper tests needed before starting our cycle and only went based on our age (27/30) giving us false hopes. I never got to see him the day of the egg retrieval or after.
The clinic [HRC Pasadena] was very beautiful and clean. The phlebotomists were always very nice and welcoming. Front desk was okay (could improve). There is no waiting so that was great. The ladies from financial department were also great...My nurse coordinator always seem upset or bothered when I would ask for updates and for her to explain in detail what was going on with my eggs. She many times would forget to send me updates on my cycle during stims. For example when to start/stop a certain medication ect.
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
He has no bedside manners, he shows no compassion for his patients. The first consult is great but once you lock in the payment everything changes. I hardly saw him during my cycle and my follow up appt after failed cycle was only 5 minutes. He never explained to me about other alternatives.
To please not go based on yelp reviews. Dr. Wilcox treats many surrogates and that's a completely different scenario as surrogates never pay out of pocket. It's different when you are an actual infertility patient and you're only seen as a check.
We were treated as a business transaction throughout the whole cycle. He also didn't perform the proper tests needed before starting our cycle and only went based on our age (27/30) giving us false hopes. I never got to see him the day of the egg retrieval or after. Never called even when we found out our cycle had failed and we had 0 embryos to transfer. He has no bedside manners. Wouldn't recommend him or his team.
Apparently he doesn't do fresh transfers, I was under gonal and menapour during stims. I had to and extra 5 days of stims and it was pointless and doing extra days can mess up the quality of the eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was very beautiful and clean. The phlebotomists were always very nice and welcoming. Front desk was okay (could improve). There is no waiting so that was great. The ladies from financial department were also great.
I paid approximately $25,000 not including extra meds for pushing my egg retrieval and other basic blood tests needed in order to start cycle.
I didn't get to transfer.
Pasadena

[Dr. John Wilcox] Spent maybe 30 seconds assessing our case and deciding what to adjust, just kept pumping my wife with more and more meds and the results got worse and worse so he blamed us and tried to get us to use donor eggs (he is part owner of the egg donor agency)- we moved to another doctor afterward and got many blastocysts with our own eggs...Basically had us do every thing on the checklist, icsi (which was completely unnecessary), assisted hatching, genetic testing, etc. used massive amounts of follistim and kept increasing dosage resulting in OHSS
~20k per cycle [at HRC Pasadena]...They have wayyy too many patients. Their surgery staff was consistently rude. We once waited for over two hours to be seen for a scheduled appointment with no apologies on their end. The nurses don’t communicate well with each other or the doctor...Regularly received conflicting info from different nurses (one told us we were not candidates for IUI, then another called us to schedule an IUI- when we asked to talk directly to the doctor to confirm we were ghosted)
Go somewhere else
Was very cold in person and difficult to get ahold of for information. When things didn’t go exactly according to plan he left us hanging in the wind.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
~20k per cycle
2003 - 2010, Successful
They [the nursing staff at HRC] were informed and compassionate but I had to often follow up with them to get answers - rather than them reaching out to me....He [Dr. John Wilcox] was knowledgeable, concerned, compassionate. He made himself available for consults and seemed to care about helping us have a child. He is one of the smartest doctors out there and knows what is going on in the world of fertility...HE suggested we do an EFT test which came back with "no mag" and therefore he suggested we use a surrogate. We also tested my husband's sperm (which other REs said was fine because he already had a son) and he had a varicoceles and needed surgery. He looked where other doctors did not.
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
He was knowledgeable, concerned, compassionate. He made himself available for consults and seemed to care about helping us have a child. He is one of the smartest doctors out there and knows what is going on in the world of fertility .
Don't give up.
Dr Wilcox took the time to explain what we were doing, looked to solve problems, knew my case when we came in.
HE suggested we do an EFT test which came back with "no mag" and therefore he suggested we use a surrogate. We also tested my husband's sperm (which other REs said was fine because he already had a son) and he had a vericoceles and needed surgery. He looked where other doctors did not.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
They were informed and compassionate but I had to often follow up with them to get answers - rather than them reaching out to me.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This was a long time ago. about 15 years. So I don't think what I have to say is relevant any more.
I don't recall.