6.3

NYU
NYU

John Zhang works at

4 Columbus Circle

He [Dr. Zhang] seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case...[he]is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses
Even the nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses...$500 for first appointment. Retrieval process plus frozen egg transfer plus monitoring plus pgt testing for 2 embryos cost me more than $12 000.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
If you have other medical problems find doctors to take care of them or monitor you for them because at NH they only check the blood work that are at interest to them not other things that can be related to your fertility issues. Not testing your thyroid hormones or things like that and rose could be very important in your journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Doctor is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses. If he does make time to talk to you it will be on the hallway for 5 min. I don’t think he even has time to review your chart and lives that to God knows who. You’ll never know who takes care of your case you’re just told what to do and that’s it. You can’t trust the treatment or ask questions because you do not know who to ask since your doctor is not available and every time you are talking to a different nurse or different doctor.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He used a Mini IVF for 5 days :Clomid, Letrozole, Follistim and other 2 days of Letrozole and Follistim then retrieval. For transfer I was doing Progesterone Estrogen, Lovenox and Prednisone. Stimulation was minimal and still got 2 good embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of the nurses do not speak very good English and is hard to communicate with them. Even the nurses are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy so don’t expect for somebody to look closely at your case. They are just looking at your blood work and ultrasound and not any other impact of other disease that you might have. They have a very good embryology they even have a way to mature your eggs if they weren’t when they did the retrieval. Retrieval doctors and transfer doctors were very delicate and I did not need sedation. Be careful with what you pay and keep the receipts. From time to time ask for statements Otherwise they might surprise you with extra bills. Communication is very poor between doctors, nurses and patients. Very hard to get some answers because is hard to get to someone who listens to what you have to say and have the power to do something about it. Technicians sometimes will give you their opinion which is different from the doctors opinion so you will be put in doubt. You’ll never know if what is going on is good or bad you’ll just go with the wave... If I would have had Dr Zhang taking care of me and communicating with me all the time I would have been very pleased because I really trust that he could make a difference for me but since he didn’t and had to deal each time with a different person I am really confused with this clinic and not satisfied with the results as well.
Monitoring was ok they have 6 rooms for that. Some ultrasound equipment is better than other.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope Fertility Center

I saw him [Dr. Zhang] three times so far, most information gotten from the nurses and ultrasound techs around me. Things felt rushed with him, not much of a personal touch in my opinion... He's very knowledgeable and does cutting edge stuff. However he's not very present. I would like to be able to see my doctor more often or feel like I'm being heard. Most of my questions were answered by ultrasound techs.... We did an ultra mini IVF cycle which involved clomid and femara tabs only. I was able to produce 4 mature eggs which all got fertilized, however I ended up with one very good grade blastocyst.
Very clean and calming atmosphere. Things move very fast there [New Hope Fertility Center]. There's a whiteboard which flashes your name and also guides you on where to go. Everyone is courteous but it tends to feel very impersonal since they have so many patients. They also communicate mainly by email which can be a good thing. Questions are answered promptly. I would also say that costs are very reasonable there.... Reasonable. My ultra mini IVF so far has cost about 10k
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He's very knowledgeable and does cutting edge stuff. However he's not very present. I would like to be able to see my doctor more often or feel like I'm being heard. Most of my questions were answered by ultrasound techs. Also because I understood the plan for the day I have found myself asking for things I was told during the previous appointment, that the people I interacted with on the day of were not aware
Ask for a full explanation of the pros and cons of each step or procedure
I saw him three times so far, most information gotten from the nurses and ultrasound techs around me. Things felt rushed with him, not much of a personal touch in my opinion
We did an ultra mini IVF cycle which involved clomid and femara tabs only. I was able to produce 4 mature eggs which all got fertilized, however I ended up with one very good grade blastocyst. We also did PGS testing for aneuploidy which came back aneuploid. I think I shouldn't have done PGS testing on my only blastocyst especially since I have never had a miscarriage. I was able to get them to do a saline sonogram which showed i had a possible polyp and was then scheduled for hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very clean and calming atmosphere. Things move very fast there. There's a whiteboard which flashes your name and also guides you on where to go. Everyone is courteous but it tends to feel very impersonal since they have so many patients. They also communicate mainly by email which can be a good thing. Questions are answered promptly. I would also say that costs are very reasonable there.
Reasonable. My ultra mini IVF so far has cost about 10k
New Hope Fertility Center

I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding... is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Location [of New Hope Fertility Center] is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming...Aside from getting my blood drawn at the first consult, retrieval and transfer, the only interaction I had with the nurses was with email. During the stim cycle they are very responsive. During transfer and ongoing pregnancy the email communication isn't as responsive, could due to the number of patients, vacation time, patient priority. The nurses are all very professional in person and email.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Do your own research, bring your own questions and take a chance!
It is a very busy clinic, I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding.
Mini ivf using clomid, letrozol, cetrotide and very small doses of follistim.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Location is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming.
I think in total the cost was ~14k. The part that was annoying was since I was doing outside monitoring it cost me an additional 1k each month for NHFC to review the results.
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
No comment.
New Hope Fertility Center

The facility works very much like a mill. Your name pops up on a screen when you are supposed to go to one room or another and often when you arrive as directed, the nurses don't know why you're there.... The facility was clean and the staff was clearly competent. However, there were frequently billing errors so that's something patients should focus on. New Hope was not in my insurance carrier's Center of Excellence so I paid for all care out of pocket.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang did an excellent job of managing my expectations given my personal circumstances. He was even able to tell me (which he later substantiated via ultrasound) where my fibroids were located based on my description of my menstrual cycles since stopping birth control pills. The RE I saw after Dr. Zhang shared some things with me that suggested IUI was an irresponsible course of treatment for me given the placement of my fibroids. Having said that, I have no regrets about having tried the less invasive procedure because I always would have been curious if we'd gone straight to IVF.
We did three cycles of Clomid, only two of which we completed with IUI. A fill-in doctor convinced my husband that the risk of multiples was too great during our first cycle so we didn't do IUI. However, given my age, the chance of pregnancy was so low he needn't have worried we'd end up with multiples. The second cycle the dose of Clomid was lowered and we didn't get pregnant. The third cycle, the dose of Clomid was returned to the original and we didn't get pregnant. However, Dr. Zhang forewarned me that the placement of my fibroids made pregnancy very unlikely.
Approximately $800/IUI cycle
New Hope Fertility Center
Though he [Dr. Zhang] got me pregnant with normal pgs girl, I miscarried. And each cycle after that he refused to listen to me or change protocol. I noticed a trend with my labs during monitoring, which I was right about, but he just didn’t care...originally said it would be mini ivf. But it wound up being ultra mini ivf with clomid only (one cycle he used letrozole).... each cycle I only produced one follicle. And I pay out of pocket. I asked if we could stimulate me more, given I’m Paying for a retrieval for one egg, but he kept saying no
Strength [at New Hope Fertility Center]: they don’t give up on you and don’t tell you to go for donor egg. They have an amazing lab. Weakness: they too won’t change protocol and they treat you like a number. AWFUL nursing staff. No contact with anyone when you have questions. No one is accessible...While I was miscarrying in the ER, I’m hysterically crying, in my stretcher and I call them to let Dr Zhang know ... Liliana answered (the receptionist) and said “you are no longer a patient here”.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Though he got me pregnant with normal pgs girl, I miscarried. And each cycle after that he refused to listen to me or change protocol. I noticed a trend with my labs during monitoring, which I was right about, but he just didn’t care
Listen to their concerns
Never got to speak w the Zhang. Nurses wouldn’t even call you. They send you an email with your instructions. If you have questions it’s impossible to get in touch with them
Dr Zhang originally said it would be mini ivf. But it wound up being ultra mini ivf with clomid only (one cycle he used letrozole).... each cycle I only produced one follicle. And I pay out of pocket. I asked if we could stimulate me more, given I’m Paying for a retrieval for one egg, but he kept saying no
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: All of them )
Terrible!!! Awful!!!! I would expect the doctors to be cold, and nurses to be warm but frankly it was the opposite here. They send you a generic email with instructions. It’s a template. If you have questions they won’t answer you. And if you call them the receptionist (liliana) will never connect you. While I was miscarrying in the ER, I’m hysterically crying, in my stretcher and I call them to let Dr Zhang know ... Liliana answered (the receptionist) and said “you are no longer a patient here”. (I was 7 weeks and never discharged to my OB). As I’m crying in the phone, begging her to connect me to my dr she continues to passive aggressively tell me “I graduated” and was no longer a patient there. Long story short —- after that traumatic experience, I made a formal complaint the following week. The supervisor told me liliana had put in her resignation the week prior so “that’s probably why she was behaving that way” .... fast forward two months, Liliana is back. I speak with supervisor as to how she can work there with how she treated me and refused to connect me, a patient, to my dr while I’m in the ER miscarrying. The supervisor said “we gave her extra training afterwards” Terrible. Need I say more
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength: they don’t give up on you and don’t tell you to go for donor egg. They have an amazing lab. Weakness: they too won’t change protocol and they treat you like a number. AWFUL nursing staff. No contact with anyone when you have questions. No one is accessible.
affordable Retrieval $1250
N/a I only had one embryo
New Hope Fertility Center

They [New Hope] have really flexible hours for monitoring, between 7am-2pm, which is amazing compared to many other clinics. The retrievals/transfers are also done in the same facility so you dont have to pay an extra hospital fee of $1005 like over at Cornell and NYP. Hated the billing department! Took them 4 months to correct an insurance payment and apply the credit to my account...I believe dr zhang is very knowledgable in his field. But he is not for someone that wants a gentle bedside manner. He is to the point and will show you charts/graphs demonstrating where you land on % of success based on your age range. The only times I met with him was for the first consult and then at the end of the cycle for follow-ups. The clinic did mention that if I wanted to speak with him, that I should arrive in the office between 7-9am, otherwise the rest of his day is booked with new patient consults. It was also other drs that performed my retrievals. I had wondered if Dr Zhang was the one that was monitoring my ccle progress and adjusting dosage instructions, or if it were other doctors reviewing my case.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask all your questions, be straightforward, dont expect hand-holding
The nurses and techs working in the clinic were always professional and courteous. I understood the dr was very busy as the clinic was always quite busy and crowded, but I would have liked more face time with the dr since most emails and correspondence on next steps were always from nurses.
Mild IVF - started with estrace priming, then clomid, letrozole pills, and follistim injections starting at 75iu. Continued with a mix of clomid and letrozole pills, and varying dosages of follistim(from 75-150iu) up until lupron trigger and then retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nurses were very friendly and helpful in clinic, but were a little slower in response via email. One time they emailed me regarding medication dosage and I replied back to them and needed another refill and did not hear back until the next day, which was a problem because I needed the medications the night before
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strenth: everything is done in house so blood results and sonos are quick. They have really flexible hours for monitoring, between 7am-2pm, which is amazing compared to many other clinics. The retrievals/transfers are also done in the same facility so you dont have to pay an extra hospital fee of $1005 like over at Cornell and NYP. Hated the billing department! Took them 4 months to correct an insurance payment and apply the credit to my account.
The clinic had monitors on the walls that called your name up when it was your turn to get blood drawn or to go inside the the sonogram. I appreciated this aspect of their monitoring system, instead of relying on someone calling out my name. I was able to go to the appropriate station as I saw my name come up
I did not have insurance coverage so it was put of pocket. Mild ivf cost about$6,000 which included cost of medications. Luteal Phase retrieval cost $250. And PGS for one embryo clst $750
New Hope Fertility Center

I had hardly any face time with the doctor [Dr. Zhang] and was never given any explanation of my test results or prognosis...Dr. Zhang seemed disinterested in patient relations and had a formulaic approach to treatment planning...doctor missed one egg so had to bring me back from the recovery area and repeat the procedure...I did not have an AMH test, which would have helped me decide whether to proceed to IVF using my own eggs. I was also advised to do an egg retrieval (for $4,000) for just one egg.
The clinic [New Hope] itself is pleasant enough except the waiting area has a very strong perfume/air freshener that was hard to tolerate. Strength: everything is on site. Weaknesses: One size fits all treatment model, lack of transparency, genetic screening is not thorough, there is no personal attention, treatment is dragged out over many many weeks unnecessarily...One nurse, Gina, was quite attentive and compassionate. The rest were somewhat robotic.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang seemed disinterested in patient relations and had a formulaic approach to treatment planning. It was my first time seeking treatment and I didn't know what questions to ask. I took for granted that I would be directed toward the best course of treatment and unfortunately trusted his judgment. When I did ask questions based on my own research, responses from Dr. Zhang and most staff were often vague or evaded altogether. For example, I did not have an AMH test, which would have helped me decide whether to proceed to IVF using my own eggs. I was also advised to do an egg retrieval (for $4,000) for just one egg. When I asked questions about both of these things I was given either no answer or confusing information that left me feeling like I was worrying for no reason because this was how fertility treatment worked. When I switched to a different clinic I was advised that an egg retrieval for less than 6 eggs is not worthwhile. I was also told that the genetic testing I did at New Hope (for $200) only tested for 5 markers instead of the recommended 281 markers so I had to repeat it. At the new clinic I had an AMH test and an HSG (New Hope did not inform me about either of these tests) and was quickly able to make an informed decision about my next step.
I would not recommend this doctor.
I had hardly any face time with the doctor and was never given any explanation of my test results or prognosis.
Two months on BC pills with weekly monitoring (waste of time and money). Clomid and Femara. Lupron injection.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is pleasant enough except the waiting area has a very strong perfume/air freshener that was hard to tolerate. Strength: everything is on site. Weaknesses: One size fits all treatment model, lack of transparency, genetic screening is not thorough, there is no personal attention, treatment is dragged out over many many weeks unnecessarily.
Relatively fast and simple.
Genetic screening $199 (useless), monitoring flat monthly fee of $800, egg retrieval $4,000 (even one egg)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Egg retrieval- doctor missed one egg so had to bring me back from the recovery area and repeat the procedure, which was quite painful. Afterward I was left alone in a chair until I felt ok to leave. There was no nurse monitoring me, which was unfortunate because I felt quite ill after having the second retrieval.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang, was very upfront and blunt about what my expectations should be, in some ways, I as a patient appreciate that. He is very focused on his research side of his practice...After the first appointment with Dr. Zhang, I was basically put on auto-track for the 3 cycles I did with NHF. Never was there a change discussed after any cycle or summary/thoughts... I sought NHF because of there mini-IVF protocols for patients with PCOS
NHF's strength is their efficiency, you are not waiting for blood work-ultrasound more than 30mins ever, results from that days monitoring is emailed, with all vital information and instructions within 2 hrs of leaving the clinic...The weakness is the lack of contact with any direct person, you are talking to various nurses, doctors, and admin-financial staff....At one point my payment was put on someone else's account...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang, was very upfront and blunt about what my expectations should be, in some ways, I as a patient appreciate that. He is very focused on his research side of his practice, that I think he is too busy to really be focused on the everyday goings on in his clinic.
Be prepared for a very academic discussion, and don't expect any type of handholding. There is very little direct communication with this doctor, the rest of the team will be your main contacts.
After the first appointment with Dr. Zhang, I was basically put on auto-track for the 3 cycles I did with NHF. Never was there a change discussed after any cycle or summary/thoughts, unless I asked to do something different. The office is very streamlined, and efficient, so much so, there is a lack of personal interaction. Also, I had had a bad experience with the staff from my first clinic, without any thoughts to my feelings a doctor that treated me from that clinic should up at an egg retrieval at this clinic, since this procedure is timed, I felt I had no choice but to allow him to do the retrieval. I almost did not go back for the next cycle I was so distraught.
Because I had had several cysts with my first doctor, I sought NHF because of there mini-IVF protocols for patients with PCOS. I did 3 late luteal phase mini-ivf cycles using letrozole, clomid, and gonal-f, with lupron after the first retrieval to allow for a second retrieval in one cycle. The rationale was that we could stimulate the lagging follicles to get more eggs per cycle. I was able to get two embryos during the first 2 cycles, they were sent out for PGS testing and came back abnormal and per the labs protocols, they were discarded.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were all very pleasant and all had good beside manners. However, because you are not assigned to a particular nurse, there is no one to directly to talk to if an issue arises.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
NHF's strength is their efficiency, you are not waiting for blood work-ultrasound more than 30mins ever, results from that days monitoring is emailed, with all vital information and instructions within 2 hrs of leaving the clinic. The cost for mini-ivf is great if you have the time to go slow, (ie younger patients). The weakness is the lack of contact with any direct person, you are talking to various nurses, doctors, and admin-financial staff. At one point my payment was put on someone else's account, although I had just handed them my credit card with my name on it. I also had to fight to get balances removed for treatment that was not performed. I had by chance caught the mistake because I asked for a ledger with all treatment that I was charged for because the bill for the 2nd cycle was more than the 1st, even though I did the exact protocol.
Monitoring was very efficient and the window of time to go in was very reasonable.
Mini-IVF costs were very reasonable at nearly less than half the cost compared to conventional stimulation protocols. Also, out of pocket expenses such as PGS and ICSI were less than at institutional clinics.
New Hope Fertility Center

There was never a time that I could speak with the doctor [Dr. Zhang] and there were way too many patients at once...I only saw Dr Zhang once for the initial visit and then for about 10 minutes 1/2 way through my full treatment. Upon my initial visit I spoke with him about how i did not want to experience feeling like a number or that I was in an assembly line, and of course that was exactly what I experienced.
At times the nurses [at New Hope] weren't helpful; which led to the feeling of not being satisfied....strengths - his [Dr. Zhang] protocol is more rogue than most. Non-traditional and the costs are less. The phlebotomists are good. weaknesses ..The staff is not great, some of the nurses are inexperienced & do not know how to administer an ultrasound, et al.,..i had to ask repeatedly for my chart to be sent out; and when I first began instead of looking at my previous results from my other RE; they misplaced them and I had to resend.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Not to expect too much communication. That you will have to do a lot of your own research. Make sure that all of your tests are done and be your own advocate.
There was never a time that I could speak with the doctor and there were way too many patients at once. At times the nurses weren't helpful; which led to the feeling of not being satisfied.
I do not remember the name of the protocol that he put me on. The first round was more aggressive than the other ones; but I used the following medications Birth Control pills - - which I told him that I was nervous about, due to the fact that they can make fibroids grow...he (or the nurses) would tell me they weren't anything to worry about Clomid Ganirellex Follistim
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most were nice, and competent. There were a couple that were very responsive and got back to you quickly; while the others were more curt and I felt viewed me more as a box that they needed to check off by the end of their day.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
strengths - his protocol is more rogue than most. Non-traditional and the costs are less. The phlebotomists are good. weaknesses - You end up paying just as much, if not more, than you would at a traditional facility. The staff is not great, some of the nurses are inexperienced & do not know how to administer an ultrasound, et al.,
My monitoring was pretty simple. I did appreciate the large window of time that was allotted and I was able to usually be in/out within 45 mins.
A good portion was covered by my insurance. However, I spent roughly 10,000 OOP (between medications, costs of retrievals and the anesthesia)
I never got to the transfer stage with his facility, so I can't comment on that. Had I, I would have preferred to transfer more than one at a time.

2016, 5 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Zhang was difficult to communicate with. He missed a scheduled phone appointment and only called when I emailed him and his nurses about it. After my cycle, I emailed several times with questions and concerns and did not receive responses. In addition, I felt he only gave me information when I was informed and persistent enough to ask for it; if I hadn't been, I feel he would have happily proceeded with me being "in the dark" and therefore less able to hold him accountable for my clinical outcomes.
Strengths[of New Hope Fertility]: affordability, convenience (for those in NYC area) Weaknesses: lack of communication, lack of physician contact, physicians did not seem to care about me as a person (e.g., physician who did retrieval)...2K for procedure; 500 for anesthesia; 2K for monitoring and bloodwork. Medications were ~2-3K...Once I started my cycle, I had no routine physician interactions-- just interactions with the phlebotomists and ultrasound technicians. When I did interact with a doctor because I had questions or concerns, it was because I specifically asked and fought for it.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Make sure you understand the clinic's approach to egg freezing (i.e., low stim) and it aligns with your own expectations and priorities.
Birth control pills (Desogen, Apri, Reclipsen): HALF a tablet by mouth daily for about a week before the cycle began Letrozole 2.5mg tablet, 1 tablet. Clomid 50mg, 1 tablet. Both for 5 days. Follistim 150 units for four days At this point I discontinued the Letrozole and continued Clomid and Follistim for ~3 days nasal spray and Ovidrel the night before the retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had minimal interaction with nurses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: affordability, convenience (for those in NYC area) Weaknesses: lack of communication, lack of physician contact, physicians did not seem to care about me as a person (e.g., physician who did retrieval)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
My cycle yielded less than half the number of eggs and large follicles I had on the morning of the retrieval. In reviewing my situation with other fertility specialists the consensus seems to be that the procedure was mis-timed or the physician did not use the appropriate techniques to withdraw the eggs that were present.
New Hope Fertility Center

The ultrasound and blood work were okay [at New Hope]. The problem is that I was contacted by a different nurse every time when the communicated the ultrasound and egg retrieval results. One nurse did not write English well. It was hard to understand. During the egg retrieval day, there were no nurses to take care of patients. She just put on my patient bracelet and left me to wait for my procedure. They did not take my vital signs. No one took my blood pressure. Afterwards they did not give me any water or food. They just told me to leave. They did not ask if I came alone or if there was anyone to drive me home. There was minimal communication and it was all impersonal.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
In my first consultation, I saw Dr Zhang two and a half hours after waiting past my scheduled appointment time. I also did not like Dr Zhang's abrupt explanations to my questions. He said mini-IVF was the treatment for me and he was over zealous about my chances of success. I never saw him through the rest of the cycle. I always communicated with his nurses and assistants. The cycle was not successful. I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Zhang for explanations and answers. He explained that it might be the fault of the doctor or maybe they retrieved my eggs at the wrong time. Then he just told me to try again. It felt like they just wanted me as a customer.
Go somewhere else.
1) Waiting for an appoint with Dr Zhang always took a long time. 2) A different nurse contacted me after every ultrasound result to provide instructions. At other clinics, it was always the same person. New Hope felt impersonal. 3) The egg retrieval was impersonal. I was just told to take everything off from the waist down. In two other IVF clinics I attended, you took all your clothes off under the gown. 4) No anesthesiologist checked on me to ask about allergies or medical conditions. When it was my turn, they were running far behind schedule and they acted very rushed. It did not sound like they were going to be careful. 5) Dr Zhang was not the attending physician during egg retrieval. It was someone else. Dr Zhang never told me that it would be another doctor. I never saw Dr Zhang. This was a shock to me. I had never met this other doctor before, and he never introduced himself to me. He just asked me how many follicles I had and if I had IVF before. That was all. He never bothered to read my patient history. 6) No doctor came to talk to me after the retrieval. No one else told me what happened. I was told that I can go home. They never checked if there was someone to drive me home. They never gave me any water or food. That was a horrific experience.
He prescribed minimal stimulation IVF. I started on birth control pills: two pills a day for 2 days, then 1 pill a day for 3 days, then half a pill a day for 3 days. Seven days later, I started clomid: 50 mg/day for 5 days then 25 mg/day for 4 days. At the same time I started clomid, I took letrazole 2.5 mg/day for 6 days. One day after starting clomid and letrazole, I started follistim: 75 IU/day for 7 days. One the last day of follistim, I injected half a syringe of ganirelix. The trigger was 10 IU lupron and 150 IU ovidrel. The rational for the procedure was not explained, other than to say that this is the minimal stimulation protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The ultrasound and blood work were okay. The problem is that I was contacted by a different nurse every time when the communicated the ultrasound and egg retrieval results. One nurse did not write English well. It was hard to understand. During the egg retrieval day, there were no nurses to take care of patients. She just put on my patient bracelet and left me to wait for my procedure. They did not take my vital signs. No one took my blood pressure. Afterwards they did not give me any water or food. They just told me to leave. They did not ask if I came alone or if there was anyone to drive me home. There was minimal communication and it was all impersonal.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Scheduling time with Dr Zhang is hit and miss. Sometimes you get to see him soon, other times it is a long wait of up to 2.5 hours. The clinic is new and clean. Utrasound and bloodwork is efficient and the wait time is short. The problem is on egg retrieval day. It was the most horrific experience of my life. The assistant checking me in told me not to be scared about what I see in the waiting room. When I entered the waiting room, I saw the same room doubled as recovery and waiting rooms. There were no beds. A patient was sleeping on a sofa, recovering from her retrieval. Another woman was left to walk out of the room on her own with no help. She did not have anesthesia. Another woman was in so much pain, she had to be wheeled out in a rolling bed. It was so busy that I had to wait in the recovery area as patients came out of their retrieval. I saw patients coming out like this one after another and I can see every one was not feeling well. There was no privacy. I could see and hear the nurse telling every one about their retrieval results. I had to wait two hours for my turn. I was very upset and scared, sitting there watching all of this happening. I was just told to take everything off from the waist down. In two other IVF clinics I attended, you took all your clothes off under the gown. Here, they just wanted you to drop your pants for a quick retrieval. It was a rushed factory. No anesthesiologist checked on me to ask about allergies or medical conditions. When it was my turn, they were running far behind schedule and they acted very rushed. It did not sound like they were going to be careful. Dr Zhang was not the attending physician. It was someone else. Dr Zhang never told me that it would be another doctor. I never saw Dr Zhang. This was a shock to me. I had never met this other doctor before, and he never introduced himself to me. He just asked me how many follicles I had and if I had IVF before. That was all. He never bothered to read my patient history. He started working on me before the anesthesia took effect. I had to tell them to wait. They never put any blood pressure cuff on me. The room was dark. The operating room in two other IVF clinics I attended were brightly lit. How can they see in the dark? There were no nurses in the operating room. In other IVF clinics I attended, there was a whole team of people helping with egg retrieval. This made me worried about my treatment. Everything felt careless and dangerous. When I woke up, the nurse told me they could only retrieve 4 eggs. She also told me 2 of those 4 eggs were broken. I was devastated to hear this. No doctor came to talk to me. No one else told me what happened. I was told that I can go. They never checked if there was someone to drive me home. They never gave me any water or food. That was a horrific experience. It was traumatic to hear that they broke my eggs and then they just asked me to leave. Afterwards, I could not find any information anywhere about how eggs can be broken. I emailed the nurse to ask. She told me that this can happen when they use high pressure to aspirate the eggs. I contacted other clinics to find out if this can happen and they told me that they have never heard of eggs breaking. I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Zhang. He explained that it might be the fault of the doctor or maybe they retrieved my eggs at the wrong time. After the anesthesia, I felt nausea and dizziness. I never felt like this when I recovered from other procedures under anesthesia. I also had pain and inflammation for 1 week after the procedure. I never felt this bad with the other two retrievals I had in other clinics. It felt like they were not careful with the anesthesia and they were so rough during retrieval that there was probably scarring and that was how my eggs were broken. Since I don't have many eggs, every egg counts. I was devastated to hear that they broke 2 of my eggs. That IVF cycle was not a success. I will always wonder if those 2 eggs were not broken because of New Hope's carelessness, I would have had a successful procedure. I would not recommend anyone to go here. If this happened to you, you will always be left wondering if your broken eggs was a lost opportunity.
Monitoring was no problem. It was efficient and the wait time was short.
I did not get any bills yet, except the anesthesia bill for $500. I think the rest might be coming later. I also had to pay for the lupron trigger: $10 or $25 in cash, I don't remember. This was a lot of money for 10 IU in a syringe that they filled, considering that an entire 2.8 mL vial of luprion is $10 co-pay, which I know from my other IVF procedure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
1) No anesthesiologist checked on me to ask about allergies or medical conditions. They were running far behind schedule for retrievals and they acted very rushed. They never put any blood pressure cuff on me. They never gave me anti-nausea medication, while other clinics did this. After the anesthesia, I felt nausea and dizziness. I never felt like this when I recovered from other procedures under anesthesia. 2) I had five follicles. When I woke up from the retrieval , the nurse told me they could only retrieve 4 eggs. She also told me 2 of those 4 eggs were broken. I was devastated to hear this. No doctor came to talk to me. No one else told me what happened. Afterwards, I could not find any information anywhere about how eggs can be broken. I emailed the nurse to ask. She told me that this can happen when they use high pressure to aspirate the eggs. I contacted other clinics to find out if this can happen and they told me that they have never heard of eggs breaking. I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Zhang. He explained that it might be the fault of the doctor or maybe they retrieved my eggs at the wrong time. I also had pain and inflammation for 1 week after the procedure. I never felt this bad with the other two retrievals I had in other clinics. It felt like they were not careful. They were so rushed and rough during retrieval that there was probably scarring and that was how my eggs were broken. Since I don't have many eggs, every egg counts. I was devastated to hear that they broke 2 of my eggs. I will always wonder if those 2 eggs were not broken because of New Hope's carelessness, I would have had a successful procedure. I would not recommend anyone to go here.
New Hope Fertility Center

The doctor was unable to communicate clearly with me regarding my diagnosis, and best options, when I was able to actually speak with him directly. There was little explanation ever given for treatment choices recommended to me or discussion of how I should make decisions about what to do next after a failed cycle.
They are conveniently located and take many forms of insurance. They may work effectively with younger women, but do not seem to have any particular strength working with women who need more customized protocols....I was called and told that I had a positive pregnancy test, only to get my period the next day. They never attempted to explain or discuss the result, or apologize for what that experience was like.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Go somewhere else, if you are seeking treatment with doctors that can provide regular, and clear communication.
Once I had an initial consultation, it was almost impossible to have a conversation with a doctor about my treatment. I once waited three hours for an appt with a doctor after I repeatedly requested an appt and was finally given a time.
New Hope recommends a "natural" IVF approach that is low dosage and involves fewer injectables. They claim that this is equally/more successful than traditional approaches, but they do not take into account age or diagnosis in personalizing a protocol. I produced very few eggs, and none matured far enough for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
There are no assigned nurses, just a rotating group who will work with you when you arrive for monitoring, etc. They leave you emails with instructions and follow up, and if you try to ask a follow up question, you may not hear back from the same person.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It was very quick and efficient, but there was no interaction with doctors.
They creatively use insurance, to minimize uncovered costs. My out of pocket costs were probably about 5K.
New Hope Fertility Center

The Dr [Dr. John Zhang] was nice and very straight-forward... And the lack of seeing a dr was really irritating. I did mini-IVF and we were freezing eggs due to male infertility. They did not explain the importance to freezing embryos vs. eggs and i feel like I wasted a lot of time and money doing treatments and retrievals...Monitoring was easy. The hours were very expansive so you didnt have to rush to be in line like other clinics to be seen in a small window.
I found the technology at the practice [New Hope] from the waiting room to the email system, nice, but the billing department was a disaster. They overcharged me constantly and even once, held a payment over my head the day before a retrival, saying i couldnt have the procedure done unless I paid the bill. It was only submitted to my insurance a week beforehand and had not been processed. They made assumptions about my plan and charged me for things my insurance covered.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
The Dr was nice and very straight-forward. I found the technology at the practice from the waiting room to the email system, nice, but the billing department was a disaster. They overcharged me constantly and even once, held a payment over my head the day before a retrival, saying i couldnt have the procedure done unless I paid the bill. It was only submitted to my insurance a week beforehand and had not been processed. They made assumptions about my plan and charged me for things my insurance covered. It was extremely frustrating. And the lack of seeing a dr was really irritating. I did mini-IVF and we were freezing eggs due to male infertility. They did not explain the importance to freezing embryos vs. eggs and i feel like I wasted a lot of time and money doing treatments and retrievals.
Push for information and check your bills very carefully.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They do everything by email which is fine unless you have questions. often times questions go unanswered, i had meds not called in, and problems not addressed because you dont have a dedicated nurse. The volume is too high and they are not responsive via email and i have often called 3x to get someone on the phone to only be told they will call me back. I went into a procedure without having antibiotics or anxiety meds i requested more than 3x.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Pro- high tech, convenient location, smaller, more friendly than other clinics, sat hours for cyro and other appts Cons - Disorganized billing, no dedicated dr or nurse, you never see a dr, Waited 3 HOURS for a transfer once with little updates or sympathy
I have benefits via my employeer so I shouldnt have paid anything other than for meds. Every bill had to be scruntized with Blue Cross as this clinic made assumptions about my plan. They ended up cutting me a check for almost $1000.00 of which i was over charged. I'm pretty sure i still over-paid but was so annoyed with them, I moved on. Too stressful and they're so rude.
The mini-IVF was a waste of time for me. We only yielded 5-6 per round and had to cancel a few due to lack of stimulation. Was expensive and only one egg made it to blastocyst and was day 7. We were not told not to try and transfer it, but having spoken to other clinics now, i realize that was a waste of time and money.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Before a retrieval i was asked if i wanted anti-anxiety meds. I said yes, on a Wednesday, and followed up Thurs and Fri with clinic via email and voicemail. It was never filled. I then waited over 3 hours for a procedure and the meds were never called in.
New Hope Fertility Center

After my initial consultation I never saw the doctor [Dr. John Zhang] again...I am a very versed patient and he was my first RE, I was 35 and he tried to talk to me I’m a condescending way. All the other RE’s I have seen since were 100 times better at all medical conversations...He recommended mini IVF for me due to high FSH. They never even tested my AMH which was so weird, but I did 2 out cycles with him and he did clomid ok both. I saw a technician for follicle scans and they couldn’t talk to you and a different doctor for both iui procedures.
The waiting room [at New Hope] was a zoo and wait times even with an appointment were crazy. None of the receptionists or nurses knew me...when they tried to move me onto IVF I ran for my life. At the consult they explained how anesthesia wasn’t covered by insurance but also totally unnecessary and not recommended for egg retrieval and I thought that sounded crazy. Never stuck around to experience that...One nurse helped me with a trigger before the procedure because I became overwhelmed by the fact that they told me to do it but no one ever showed me how and I was standing in the office and actually started to cry because it was like being 100% alone yet surrounded by medical professional. .
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I felt Dr. Zhang was very arrogant in comparison to all the RE’s I have seen. I am a very versed patient and he was my first RE, I was 35 and he tried to talk to me I’m a condescending way. All the other RE’s I have seen since were 100 times better at all medical conversations. I just couldn’t get out of there quicker. I knew there had to be better doctors and better experiences and luckily when they tried to move me onto IVF I ran for my life. At the consult they explained how anesthesia wasn’t covered by insurance but also totally unnecessary and not recommended for egg retrieval and I thought that sounded crazy. Never stuck around to experience that.
Demand better and more personalized care.
After my initial consultation I never saw the doctor again. The waiting room was a zoo and wait times even with an appointment were crazy. None of the receptionists or nurses knew me.
He recommended mini IVF for me due to high FSH. They never even tested my AMH which was so weird, but I did 2 out cycles with him and he did clomid ok both. I saw a technician for follicle scans and they couldn’t talk to you and a different doctor for both iui procedures. One nurse helped me with a trigger before the procedure because I became overwhelmed by the fact that they told me to do it but no one ever showed me how and I was standing in the office and actually started to cry because it was like being 100% alone yet surrounded by medical professional. .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
This one. It’s did help me once when I began to cry because no one would tell me what to do with the needle the handed me and told me to give myself for trigger. She was so sweet. All the other nurses seemed cold
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They overbook so expect to wait a very very long time for iui procedures and other procedures. I can’t think of any strengths I was very unhappy at this clinic. They do have a communication portal but it was always someone new that I was talking with which felt very odd and impersonal. After 2 failed iui’s the random doctor who was there that day just asked if I wanted to skip the 3rd iui and just move onto IVF and I was like, yeah actually I do but I am 100% not doing IVF here. It seemed so weird how casually it was mentioned. Pretty traumatizing for a newbie. Now that I’m an IVF veteran I have no problem with a doctor speaking so bluntly but it wasn’t even my doctor!! And he was making that decision for me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The communication was generally very bad at this clinic. I had to really fight for instructions and information and track down nurses.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Zhang seemed to be sufficiently attentive, and receptive to my concerns (whether age, costs, immune issues etc). I actually think his idea of minimal stimulation works well for older women...I became worried by the end that they do not monitor closely enough and I think they don't. It might make sense to come a bit more frequently, especially in the beginning of the cycle, so they adjust the drugs better.
about 4K per retrieval + meds...Good location, easy monitoring, lighter protocol -- which i think is still effective. I liked many of the nurses, embryologists. Sometimes, nurses don't get back to you, or seem to be not be very knowledgeable or experienced -- that is troublesome, as it adds to stress...I became worried by the end that they do not monitor closely enough and I think they don't. It might make sense to come a bit more frequently, especially in the beginning of the cycle, so they adjust the drugs better.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang seemed compassionate and willing to be relatively flexible (immune issues etc). I felt somewhat stressed though, when asking for help to make a decision, he would not quite help saying it's an elective procedure...
He uses minimal stimulation estrase/chlomid/femara/fsh/ganorelix
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most of the nurses are very good and compassionate. However i had problems with nurses, 1) they would not give me clear answer about medication/consequences -- as a result i had unexpected reaction etc; 2) one of the nurses, who does not seem to work there any longer, advised me not to take a pain relief medication before procedure -- i came into the office for prescription. As a result i suffered great pain during a procedure and after the procedure, for about a year various pelvic floor problems
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
they have very wide monitoring window, so it is very convenient.
about 4K per retrieval + meds
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I was giving conflicting information about timing, ovulation, pain relief etc...
New Hope Fertility Center
[Dr. Zhang is a] Knowledgable and experienced doctor but overall care lack communication and interpersonal care...dont expect to be updated about course of treatment and explained why certain procedures are done...barely saw the doctor, only came into the clinic to do blood work and ultrasound and communicated with others such as RNs through email. Communication through email was not always responsive. I needed to know why after each cycle, I still haven't conceived yet and if there were any concerns in regards to my fertility health but was not communicated to me. Poor communication and not an interpersonal clinic.
barely saw the doctor [at New Hope Fertility Center] , only came into the clinic to do blood work and ultrasound and communicated with others such as RNs through email. Communication through email was not always responsive. I needed to know why after each cycle, I still haven't conceived yet and if there were any concerns in regards to my fertility health but was not communicated to me. Poor communication and not an interpersonal clinic.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
clinic with experienced doctors and nurses. they try to be professional and compassionate. the clinic site looks well maintained. But truly lacking in interpersonal communication and you will be left in the dark about the plan of treatment even if you are in the medical profession. The clinic feels like a 'baby mill'.
it was definitely expensive for just bloodwork and sonogram
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
i missed one dose of oral pills to stimulate ovulation multiple times because medication was not called in to my pharmacy and since the clinic closes early, I was not able to contact anyone to put in my time sensitive medications so I only took 4/5 oral pills.
New Hope Fertility Center

I saw doctor zhang for initial appt. Then I never saw him again, until I waited 2 hours one day to see him, even when I had an appt....Very impersonal. Never looked me in the eye when talking to me. Seemed like he was always delivering a scripted speech. He never felt warm or understanding. He made promises for follow up phone calls or check ins and never delivered on any of them...Not care of existing patients.
[New Hope] Strengths - innovation. Weakness - everything else. Go here if you want zero compassion and empathy and want to be treated like cattle. They dont treat patients like humans, but like a number or a bank account. No quality of care whatsoever......There would be 40 others in the waiting room. The wait was usually 90 minutes +...Always got a different nurse. Not one nurse knew who I was, even after 4 rounds.
Go somewhere else
I saw doctor zhang for initial appt. Then I never saw him again, until I waited 2 hours one day to see him, even when I had an appt. His focus is on getting new patients in the door. Not care of existing patients.
There would be 40 others in the waiting room. The wait was usually 90 minutes +
At first it seemed like costs were reasonable. Realized later, all the individual charges add up and end up being more than rounds at another popular clinic
New Hope Fertility Center

It was very hard to get any information to Dr. Zhang. He told us himself that it was like the waitresses (nurses) were not delivering the order to the chef (himself) correctly. Information kept getting lost and messed up in the process....We did Mini IVF protocols for both my wife and myself. We then did Reciprocal IVF.... My monitoring results got misread and it was very, very hard to get a nurse or doctor to respond to our emails or calls.
The strength of New Hope is that it is very clean. The weaknesses outway the strengths. It was unorganized, stressful to deal with staff, horrible communication, and the people were not trustworthy.... The nurses were very disorganized and made me feel like just another patient they had to shuffle through.... We had won a free cycle through New Hope. However, there were costs they did not let us know about until we arrived at the clinic and we now owe them over $10,000 and still have no baby....
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
It was very hard to get any information to Dr. Zhang. He told us himself that it was like the waitresses (nurses) were not delivering the order to the chef (himself) correctly. Information kept getting lost and messed up in the process. We had won a free cycle through New Hope. However, there were costs they did not let us know about until we arrived at the clinic and we now owe them over $10,000 and still have no baby.
Do your research!
We were just shuffled through the doctor’s office. My monitoring results got misread and it was very, very hard to get a nurse or doctor to respond to our emails or calls.
Cattle call
It was supposed to be a free cycle and we now owe over $10,000 dollars.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The whole process was a nightmare from beginning to end.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling that he is very busy though and I my biggest fear with New Hope is that I would get lost in the mix. However, Dr. Zhang is very personable, kind and seemed confident with his plan for me.... He recommended a mini IVF because of my age (39) with PGD testing and then eSET.... He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.... Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they [New Hope Fertility] have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.... I got the impression that New Hope is a very well run factory. I felt shuffled along and sort of lost along the way.... Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs and not the doctor very often.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They seemed very confident and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.
My insurance covered everything.
He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Zhang] does not look at every case thoroughly and adjust treatment accordingly. He changes treatment plan with high risk. In one of my cycles, he ignored a dominant follicle and gave me clomid to grow the other follicles. When the other follicles did not grow, he advised to retrieve the dominant one which was 30 mm and rotten... I’ve done mini Ivf and natural ivf. The procedures were good. However there were a lack of proper data analysis to customize and alter treatment
Each cycle is about 5550 without medication... Good condition, toilets are sometimes dirty, hygiene ...... Accounts [New Hope Fertility] are difficult to communicate with... laboratory is quick but they don’t process blood work after 2 pm in case of emergency. Bad communication between NHFC and genetic test labs... Well organized but not much of an emotional support... I’ve done mini Ivf and natural ivf. The procedures were good.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He does not look at every case thoroughly and adjust treatment accordingly. He changes treatment plan with high risk. In one of my cycles, he ignored a dominant follicle and gave me clomid to grow the other follicles. When the other follicles did not grow, he advised to retrieve the dominant one which was 30 mm and rotten
Don’t put lots of hope.
Not looking into each patient case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Well organized but not much of an emotional support
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Good condition, toilets are sometimes dirty, hygiene ...... Accounts are difficult to communicate with... laboratory is quick but they don’t process blood work after 2 pm in case of emergency. Bad communication between NHFC and genetic test labs
Each cycle is about 5550 without medication

2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Zhang and New Hope Fertility was the worst medical experience of my life. You wait endlessly. There's no compassion from the staff. They continually forgot about my medical conditions....Poor communicator. Zero compassion...When I did not respond to the trigger shot, no one called to tell me this, so one cycle was essentially ruined. There is zero communication, which if you have a complicated case can be extremely dangerous.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Poor communicator. Zero compassion.
Don't go.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic seems organized despite all of the other failures of New Hope.

2012, Unsuccessful
He has a very specific theory -- low dose meds for only retrieving a few eggs (what they say are "the best" eggs). May be a good place for poor responders... Find out your numbers (AMH, FSH) before deciding whether New Hope is for you because they won't deviate from their protocol.
He [Dr. Zhang] has a very specific theory -- low dose meds for only retrieving a few eggs (what they say are "the best" eggs). May be a good place for poor responders... Find out your numbers (AMH, FSH) before deciding whether New Hope is for you because they won't deviate from their protocol.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He doesn't speak English very well. And is very blunt nonetheless. He has a very specific theory -- low dose meds for only retrieving a few eggs (what they say are "the best" eggs). May be a good place for poor responders.
bedside manner, eh.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
very busy never had same nurse.