6.3

NYU

John Zhang works at

4 Columbus Circle

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity....The clinic [New Hope] and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity...
They [New Hope] are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions....You deal with multiple nurses [at New Hope] so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
They seem like a busy clinic so be your own advocate and don't let yourself fall through the cracks.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I felt like during the phone consult he spent time discussing my case. I felt he cared and had experience I was looking for.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The clinic and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You deal with multiple nurses so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
the prices are al la carte. The prices are pretty affordable
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic does a lot of PGS testing due to the low pricing of in house PGS testing and the advanced ages of the women. So they do many single embryo transfers in this case. They will transfer multiple embryos if not tested or if they are day 3 embryos.

2016 - 2019, Successful
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic [New Hope Fertility Center]. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. ... The clinic’s [New Hope Fertility Center] atmosphere is friendly and open. ... During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. ... The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
To always trust your gut feeling. Listen and ask millions of questions.
From all other fertility clinics we’ve been to, New Hope was friendly. Dr. Zhang and staff were friendly and organized. They saw me as a human being not an object of someone just coming in for treatments. They understand our frustration and our pain. We’ve also endured two stillbirths. They know the pain and heartache of losing two precious babies and trying again and not working. Dr. Zhang is there to questions that’s needing answers. He is always available to talk to without paying...he understands!
I was preparing for retrieval’s of my own eggs (one or two he sees), he uses minimal meds. Trigger shots when it’s time for retrieval in two days , I don’t remember the meds I had taken. For preparing egg donor transfers, I have been taking estradiol, promethium....depends on my blood work result if it needs some adjusting I had taken prednisone, progesterone shot on my butt, baby aspirin, enoxaparin injection on my stomach. Sometimes my lining needs to be thicker so they up my use to progesterone sometimes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
We started seeing Dr. Zhang back in 2016 and we are still doing that:) the staff are wonderful. When I come in they know me and don’t need to tell them my name. They input it on their computer and they know I’ve already arrived. During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. Nurse are available to talk to and few I’ve met and talked to. They are super nice, cordial and you ask them anything even if it’s embarrassing or disgusting. The sonographers I absolutely love. They know our loses and they are so sweet. They talk to me about how I’m doing and how my day is going. They always try to lift my spirits. Other doctors on site are fantastic. They are friendly and you can ask them anything and they are there to help you. Nurse after my transfers, super sweet. You feel comfortable and they don’t rush you to get up and leave. The staff during transfers, they give me instructions what to do and they are caring too. The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on. Doctors who performs the transfers are friendly and I can ask anything even though he is busy doing what he needs to do.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. There are more patients than ever. The clinic’s atmosphere is friendly and open. The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. They’ve asked me Numerous times and I keep being copies for them. Whoever scans the documents, they need scan better and put it in my file. At one time only, a nurse emailed me my blood work result and protocol. The meds she told me was to take clomid. But that’s for retrieval. I was doing transfers. So one nurse emailed me and corrected it. Also, I keep getting ask if I’m Allergic to medications. I did tell them so many times yes and gave them the name and still keeps asking me. It’s ok. I learn to answer each time:)
My monitoring experience is great. The ladies who gets my blood has no problem. Although I have small veins, they still manage to get it done. They always ask me if I’m doing ok. As for sonogram, I love the ladies there. So respectful. I get along well with them. They know how hard and how long and our loses. They’ve become my friends there. Always smiling. :) which I love. Makes my day.
We’ve been doing fertility for 9 and half long years. My husband and I have seen numerous doctors. The billing at the Dr. Zhang’s office is very organized. There’s always three there. They know your name and what needs to be paid. They even tell you what it’s for and if the insurance paid or not and explained why. They even have online service to pay online now too. They are friendly. My husband and I pay out of pocket fertility for nine and half long years. For donor eggs we have $13,200 for 6 eggs. Then they tell us how survived. For example, embryologist will email and tell me they get 5 out of 6 ready to be sent out for genetic testing. Before sending we have to pay $750 per embryo to be tested first before being sent out. Ones we do that we have 7-10 days to wait and they will email with results. Then they will email again and tell us how many survived and how many healthy with grades on them and explanation of their grades. So imagine having failed donor eggs many many times $13,200 x 5 times. We are financially medically in debt. We need help!
When we did our transfer in Cancun Mexico, the doctor there transferred four embryos all the time. Out of three cycles, I was pregnant but resulted in 10 week miscarriage. Dr. Zhang and his colleague transfers one embryo at a time per rules. He picks the best embryos for transfers.

2014, Successful
Investment Banker
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
My boyfriend and I arrived at Dr. Zhang's office armed with files from my three prior cycles (2 egg freezing, 1 embryo freezing) as well as notes we had taken from consultations with four other reproductive endocrinologists. Dr. Zhang seemed distracted - he jumped from his computer screen to our faces and glanced through my files. When he discussed his proposed approach, its tailored nature made it clear that he in fact had absorbed everything in my files and what I had told him. He had a hypothesis on how to optimize my cycle to increase the number of mature eggs as a percentage of eggs retrieved. We decided to give New Hope a go. My mini-IVF cycle yielded more mature eggs than the conventional cycles.
Advocate for yourself. If you have questions, keep calling and asking until you get a response. The nurses are extremely helpful. The office is digitized and nurses provide instructions via email. Email is not a good way to contact the office with questions though - call and keep calling if you aren't getting a response.
New Hope provides a typical big city medical experience. I wouldn't expect Dr. Zhang to recognize me in the waiting room - it's a busy place! His protocol was the most successful one for me, and that matters most to me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I got to know the nurses the best at all the fertility clinics. They are very skilled, knowledgable and professional and can answer most questions.
The clinic has monitoring every day from 7am-2pm. You just show up when convenient for you. This was a HUGE benefit in dealing with my work schedule. However, be prepared to wait as long for monitoring as you do at other places (budget an hour if you need bloodwork and ultrasound).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
Most women at New Hope are veteran IVF'ers - they have come here because results are other places were not optimal or because they are banking. This clinic does not handhold the way other clinics do. You need to stay on top of getting prescriptions filled - if you ask the nurses to call them in, of course they will. I did not have to attend orientation or injection training as at some other centers. The level of service New Hope provided in terms of what to expect and protocol was fine for me given.
2013, Successful
We only met and saw him [Dr. Zhang] for the initial consult. Everything else was done by nurses and other doctors. It's very clear he's a genius and we did t run into any setbacks so didn't really need to follow up with him. We were extremely lucky though and not sure how reachable he was if we needed him.
I had insanely generous Cigna insurance which New Hope accepted. Again - we were very lucky. Will never see insurance like that again....Nurses were great and skilled at blood draws. I have tough veins and they were good.... Our biggest challenge with the clinic was calling off hours to get info. Sometimes the nurse would leave a voicemail with instructions that I'd have questions about and it was seemingly impossible to get anyone live on the phone. Very stressful at times
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
We only met and saw him for the initial consult. Everything else was done by nurses and other doctors. It's very clear he's a genius and we did t run into any setbacks so didn't really need to follow up with him. We were extremely lucky though and not sure how reachable he was if we needed him.
Ask all your questions up front, do your research and come prepared.
We had success on our first try so hard to complain about anything but our biggest challenge with the clinic was calling off hours to get info. Sometimes the nurse would leave a voicemail with instructions that I'd have questions about and it was seemingly impossible to get anyone live on the phone. Very stressful at times
We did natural cycle IVF - no hormones, just the nasal spray trigger shot and a shot upon egg transfer. Rest was blood work and scans. Didn't use anesthesia for egg retrieval or live egg transfer. We did it all in same cycle, worked first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember name but she was great)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
It's a very organized, top notch, modern, Has latest technology (I watched on giant flat screen tv when they took egg out of me and again when they put it back in). Truly amazing. I trust these guys.
A bit of a cattle call - busy at early morning (pre-work) hours and lunchtime
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I underwent natural cycle IVF and did not want any drugs / hormones. I went to Florida and when I landed, nurse left me a voicemail on my cell saying to start my hormone meds ASAP and that they wanted to call in a prescription for me. Was like WTF and called for 3 hours, leaving multiple messages for someone to call me on a Sat morning and couldn't get anyone to return my message. Eventually found someone about 5 hours later who verified that I didn't need to take anything.
New Hope Fertility Center

I originally wanted to go with natural cycle IVF, but went with his recommendation to use the fertility medication because of my age. ... My treatment was catered to my need and everything was clearly explained. Not once did I feel like a number. I was treated like a person and my feelings were very much considered. ... I was going to fully cooperate and trust he knew what he was doing. I have absolutely no regrets. Dr. Zhang helped me create life in the very same body I thought was broken
Very clean and visually appealing facility [New Hope Fertility Center]. They always had coffee, tea and fresh fruits and snacks in the waiting area. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or disrespected. There was never a prolonged wait time. I was generally in and out which was great for me since I went before work. I never felt rushed or judged. ... [nursing staff] Always respectful and kind.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
After reading up about him I walked in there with my mind set. I was going to fully cooperate and trust he knew what he was doing. I have absolutely no regrets. Dr. Zhang helped me create life in the very same body I thought was broken. He is a God in my heart.
Trust he knows what he is doing. Never question and the instructions .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Always respectful and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very clean and visually appealing facility. They always had coffee, tea and fresh fruits and snacks in the waiting area. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or disrespected. There was never a prolonged wait time. I was generally in and out which was great for me since I went before work. I never felt rushed or judged.
Total costs were about 15k

2006 - 2012, Successful
Investment Banker
[Dr. John Zhang was] Very compasionate and caring Really wanted the treatment to work. Help me accomplish my dream of motherhood! Gave me free medications when I was unable to pay for it myself. I would really like to go back and try for baby number 2... The doctor and staff walk you to the entire process and helps you choose the best course of treatment...I was very happy with my doctor
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center were] Very nice and professional Made me feel very comfortable every time I had an appointment...He suggested only 2 [embryos] at the time...Very centrally located. Easy to find, friendly staff. Compassionate care, the cost of treatment is competitive and producing the best results. The doctor and staff walk you to the entire process and helps you choose the best course of treatment
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Listen to what he says. I know from personal experience that we don't want to hear the word no or it may take time, but the journey is long and you need to be prepared to deal with the setbacks
I was able to use donated medications after I was unable to pay for it myself. So grateful for all the support provided!
It was a long time ago, very I know for a fact I was very happy with my doctor
It was around 12-15,000
He suggested only 2at the time
New Hope Fertility Center

I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions... He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet...I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center]. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile...Excellent wait time. Even at it's most busiest hour, you are in and out in a timely manner. Clinic is extremely clean. Entire staff is beyond warm and friends. Everybody has a smile on their face. No weaknesses...I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is a medical genius. He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet.
Listen!
I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Costs were very economical.
Yes, 1 embryo.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Very cerebral approach- not a hand holder but able to produce results- differentiated process from other big treatment places in NYC... Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive IVF approach
Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive IVF approach. [The nursing staff was] compassionate, responsive and personable. They all knew my name, story etc. loved them all.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Very cerebral approach- not a hand holder but able to produce results- differentiated process from other big treatment places in nyc
Go here if you have an aversion to over medication or if you want to try a less aggressive ivf approach
They spent a good deal of time with me during the appointments and during follow up calls and emails I never waited very long to be seen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Compassionate, responsive and personable. They all knew my name, story etc. loved them all.
You sign in on a computer when you arrive- very pleasant room with nice music lots of light snacks etc always was seen fairly quickly less than 20 mins typically
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to the point...We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails...is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring...
They [doctors at New Hope Fertility Center] prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us...They do not sugar coat things, they say exactly what and why and how things are happening. They communicate mostly through email. Their are a few different departments but you mostly deal with the nursing department and the prescription department...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring.
He is straight to the point.
I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff answered each and every question I had. They were helpful with the entire process.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring was from 7am-1pm which was very convenient. I would go right before work and make it in time. Results of blood tests were given within 4-5 hours and clear instructions were always provided.
They prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us
New Hope Fertility Center

My doctor [Dr. Zhang] took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns. ... While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth. ... The egg freezing procedure costed me around 6k per cycle - much less than the 10k on average.
Nurses at New Hope went above and beyond in terms of communication and procedures. ... The clinic was very clean and had state of the art equipment and procedures were run with the utmost professional staff. I am completely satisfied and highly recommend this clinic to anyone that is looking for top quality service at an affordable price.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
There were certain costs i felt were unecessary, but NH worked with me to adjust the bill. While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth.
Clearly communicate with the doctor regarding short and longer-term fertility goals, and about any issues you might have. NH is flexible and can work with you.
My doctor took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns.
New Hope Fertility Center
My concerns were always addressed [with Dr. John Zhang]...The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring...I always knew what was going on with my cycle...Very honest with the outcome of our cycle...My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer.
My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer...Nursing staff work really well and extremely fast. I always received an email with instructions promptly.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
John Zhang was extremely informative. I always knew what was going on with my cycle. I had an amazing experience with this clinic. John Zhang was a very caring doctor. Very honest with the outcome of our cycle.
Go in with questions you have concerting your cycle.
My concerns were always addressed. The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and very calming environment. Staff are amazing. I always received important information regarding my cycle within hours of leaving the clinic. I always felt comfortable going to the clinic.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Zhang used Clomid with me for all of the cycles...recommended a single 5day embryo transfer and that is what we did...During initial consult, Dr. Zhang went over the treatment plan, which was just going with my natural cycles and using Clomid to control timing of ovulation. Dr. Zhang told us we’d be pregnant in 6 months. We went through 6 retrievals with 4 viable embryos. Had the first transfer with a 5day frozen embryo and got a BFP! I am now 33 weeks along with a baby girl and have 3 more embryos on ice. I call Dr. Zhang our miracle worker
Monitoring hours [at New Hope Fertility Center] are 7am-1 or 2pm. Was in and out every time I went in. You get the blood work done, go back into the waiting area and are called in for sono moments later...The clinic’s strengths are: 1. Convenient hours for monitoring 2. Cost - cost of IVF cycle is the same as cost of IUI cycle in other practices 3. Treatment plans are truly based on the patient 4. Clinic is very well organized (everyone is on the same page) 5. Easy access to doctors 6. Clear and concise treatment plan and instructions 7. Facility is clean and well maintained 8. All parts of the treatment, from consult to embryo transfers are in the same location No weaknesses
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
After being told by a different doctor that we would have to use donor eggs in order to get pregnant, despite me being 33 years old and having gotten pregnant with my 2 other children without a problem, we did more research and found New Hope and Dr. Zhang. During initial consult, Dr. Zhang went over the treatment plan, which was just going with my natural cycles and using Clomid to control timing of ovulation. Dr. Zhang told us we’d be pregnant in 6 months. We went through 6 retrievals with 4 viable embryos. Had the first transfer with a 5day frozen embryo and got a BFP! I am now 33 weeks along with a baby girl and have 3 more embryos on ice. I call Dr. Zhang our miracle worker
Be patient with the treatment plan
Dr. Zhang used Clomid with me for all of the cycles
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly, compassionate and responsive to questions and concerns
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring hours are 7am-1 or 2pm. Was in and out every time I went in. You get the blood work done, go back into the waiting area and are called in for sono moments later
The cost can’t be beat. Cost of an IVF cycle with Dr. Zhang is close to cost of IUI cycle at other practices
Dr. Zhang recommended a single 5day embryo transfer and that is what we did.
New Hope Fertility Center
I wanted twins but again Dr Zang wanted me to be a mother and focus on that by only putting one in. The risks are too high with 2 and he made sure to give me the pro and cons of it...He’s forward thinking and has the capacity to show empathy but also be truthful and weight out all options with you. He’s a man who doesn’t work on taking your money but giving you the results you both desire. A baby. I have nothing but praise and awe for Dr Zang. He is the future of IVF.
[New Hope Fertility Center is] Clean and comfortable. Its also great at not letting you wait too long for scans, bloods and results. I think a new patient should be ready to have several doctors see you as well as nurses. The care is brilliant but if you are looking for a clinic that will designate you one nurse and one doctor, then this is not the place for you. However every doctor at NH is exceptional and very experienced so you won’t mind if you end up seeing most of them.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zang is a realistic Dr. He’s forward thinking and has the capacity to show empathy but also be truthful and weight out all options with you. He’s a man who doesn’t work on taking your money but giving you the results you both desire. A baby. I have nothing but praise and awe for Dr Zang. He is the future of IVF.
Be prepared to hear what you may not want to hear. Dr Zang is a realistic and will only help you and give you solutions he can deliver. Not everyone wants to hear the truth but Dr Zang is about delivering just that.
The care and attention was phenomenal. Everyone was realistic and caring. I’m so thankful that we choose NH fertility
Mini no invasive cycles. Small doses of drugs. Dr Zang is about quality not quantity of egg reterivels.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Wonderful all of them. So much so i was scared to leave the clinic as i was sure other nurses wouldn't be so kind
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The costs are not cheap but get the results you require.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
My medication was not sent quick enough so I had to chase.
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to business. He's also incredibly intelligent. When we had complex issues with how to create a value proposition to my insurance, he was nuanced and sharp enough to help me do that...Trust the process but if something feels off then ask and ask until you get an answer...didn't say we'll use this protocol or that one (and honestly, I didn't ask) other than mini-IVF...I don't care if I'm a number or a human. I now have a baby. All I care (and cared about) were results. They could do a better job treating me like a human - but it didn't bother me.
They [staff at New Hope Fertility Center] told me the genders of the embryos by mistake when I had asked them not to tell me. I consider this a minor clinical error, but a major moral error...Everybody would wait in line based on clinic arrival time [during monitoring]...spacious, accommodating, great hours. Trust the process. Don't worry about seeing a doctor each time - it will take them away from what they are really good at, which is studying the data to determine the best course of action for your cycle.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
My doctor is the best there is, hands down. He is straight to business. He's also incredibly intelligent. When we had complex issues with how to create a value proposition to my insurance, he was nuanced and sharp enough to help me do that.
Zhang didn't say we'll use this protocol or that one (and honestly, I didn't ask) other than mini-IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They're great but understaffed.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Great - spacious, accommodating, great hours. Trust the process. Don't worry about seeing a doctor each time - it will take them away from what they are really good at, which is studying the data to determine the best course of action for your cycle.
Everybody would wait in line based on clinic arrival time.
~$20k all in
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They told me the genders of the embryos by mistake when I had asked them not to tell me. I consider this a minor clinical error, but a major moral error.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Zhang recommended a hysteroscopy and when it came back positive we found why my three other transfer at another clinic were not taking. After taking antibiotics we proceeded with our transfer ... Unlike my previous doctor, Dr. Zhang treated me as an individual and not like all other women. I liked that very much. ... I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!!
When I walked into New Hope I knew this was going to be different for me. I was treated like an individual and not like ALL the other women. ... I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!! ... The office is warm and inviting and a true positive space. I don’t have anything negative to say about this facility.... and I’ve recommended New Hope to many people and I will continue to do so!
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
When I walked into New Hope I knew this was going to be different for me. I was treated like an individual and not like ALL the other women. Dr. Zhang recommended a hysteroscopy and when it came back positive we found why my three other transfer at another clinic were not taking. After taking antibiotics we proceeded with our transfer and IT WORKED!!! I have a beautiful healthy and strong daughter and now pregnant with identical twins and I owe it ALL to Dr. Zhang and his amazing team!!!! I’m so glad I went for a second opinion and I’m so glad I joined New Hope!! Thank you for giving me my perfect family!
Trust him and his team!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses that I dealt with were very compassionate and kind. And great at their job!!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
I love how they treat us women as individuals. The office is warm and inviting and a true positive space. I don’t have anything negative to say about this facility.... and I’ve recommended New Hope to many people and I will continue to do so!
To be honest I do not remember
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] clearly told me and my husband what he can do or cannot do. He is very straightforward. He doesn't just say things to make you his patient.I would say although the procedure itself is painful and lengthy, you will spend the least time in Dr. Zhang's clinic compare with the others...I highly recommend... told us clearly that we will have higher possibility to succeed to transfer more embryos at one time however we may also end up with twins. We said we absolutely don't want twins so we choose to do single embryo transfer.
[The nurses at New Hope Fertility Center are] professional and friendly...clinic is running in a very efficient way. Professional and fast...I would say although the procedure itself is painful and lengthy no matter where you go, for the same thing, you will spend the least time in Dr. Zhang's clinic compare with the others. They are professional and have a efficient way to run their clinic as well. I highly recommend.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang's clinic is running in a very efficient way. Professional and fast. He clearly told me and my husband what he can do or cannot do. He is very straightforward. He doesn't just say things to make you his patient. I have tried the other "famous doctor" before I went to him. I would say although the procedure itself is painful and lengthy, you will spend the least time in Dr. Zhang's clinic compare with the others. They are professional and have a efficient way to run their clinic as well. I highly recommend.
professional and friendly
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Zhang's clinic is running in a very efficient way. Professional and fast. I have tried the other "famous doctor" before I went to him. I would say although the procedure itself is painful and lengthy no matter where you go, for the same thing, you will spend the least time in Dr. Zhang's clinic compare with the others. They are professional and have a efficient way to run their clinic as well. I highly recommend.
It has been over 2 years. I don't recall the cost. Our insurance covered most of it. We might have paid 6-7K out of our own pocket.
They told us clearly that we will have higher possibility to succeed to transfer more embryos at one time however we may also end up with twins. We said we absolutely don't want twins so we choose to do single embryo transfer.