6.3

NYU

John Zhang works at

4 Columbus Circle

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Zhang] is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity....The clinic [New Hope] and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity...
They [New Hope] are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions....You deal with multiple nurses [at New Hope] so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very experienced with mini IVF using oral medications mostly and/or low dose injectables and IVF for women over 40. He also experienced in doing ovarian PRP for women who struggle with egg quality and quantity.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
They seem like a busy clinic so be your own advocate and don't let yourself fall through the cracks.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I felt like during the phone consult he spent time discussing my case. I felt he cared and had experience I was looking for.
Describe the protocols John Zhang used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The clinic and he have a lot of experience doing mini IVF. So they use a combo of both letrozole and clomid together or separately as well as very low dose injectables. The rationale is having quality over quantity.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You deal with multiple nurses so that makes it harder. For example I had to ask each nurse each time to use a certain insurance code on my outside monitoring orders.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They are busy with many patients but the prices are affordable for people who do not have IVF coverage. They specialize in Mini IVF so that also makes meds cheaper since you don't take a lot of the expensive injectable meds. The in house PGS testing is affordable. Even if you start with a certain doctor, that doctor may not be the one giving your instructions so make sure you check in with your doctor during the cycle if you have questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center.
the prices are al la carte. The prices are pretty affordable
Describe John Zhang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic does a lot of PGS testing due to the low pricing of in house PGS testing and the advanced ages of the women. So they do many single embryo transfers in this case. They will transfer multiple embryos if not tested or if they are day 3 embryos.
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Zhang] seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case...[he]is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses
Even the nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses...$500 for first appointment. Retrieval process plus frozen egg transfer plus monitoring plus pgt testing for 2 embryos cost me more than $12 000.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor and I really love the fact that he is using the Mini IVF and doesn’t feed the patient a lot of medication. Unfortunately I didn’t get to talk to him a lot and can’t say if he was behind my treatment or somebody else even if he was in Charge of my case.
If you have other medical problems find doctors to take care of them or monitor you for them because at NH they only check the blood work that are at interest to them not other things that can be related to your fertility issues. Not testing your thyroid hormones or things like that and rose could be very important in your journey.
Doctor is so busy and has so many patients that he doesn’t have time to even talk to you he is there for the initial consult and after that you are only dealing with nurses. If he does make time to talk to you it will be on the hallway for 5 min. I don’t think he even has time to review your chart and lives that to God knows who. You’ll never know who takes care of your case you’re just told what to do and that’s it. You can’t trust the treatment or ask questions because you do not know who to ask since your doctor is not available and every time you are talking to a different nurse or different doctor.
He used a Mini IVF for 5 days :Clomid, Letrozole, Follistim and other 2 days of Letrozole and Follistim then retrieval. For transfer I was doing Progesterone Estrogen, Lovenox and Prednisone. Stimulation was minimal and still got 2 good embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The majority of the nurses do not speak very good English and is hard to communicate with them. Even the nurses are very busy so is hard to communicate trough them with a doctor. If you go to the clinic or write an email on the portal almost each time it is a different nurse who will answer or some times two of them will answer with different responses.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy so don’t expect for somebody to look closely at your case. They are just looking at your blood work and ultrasound and not any other impact of other disease that you might have. They have a very good embryology they even have a way to mature your eggs if they weren’t when they did the retrieval. Retrieval doctors and transfer doctors were very delicate and I did not need sedation. Be careful with what you pay and keep the receipts. From time to time ask for statements Otherwise they might surprise you with extra bills. Communication is very poor between doctors, nurses and patients. Very hard to get some answers because is hard to get to someone who listens to what you have to say and have the power to do something about it. Technicians sometimes will give you their opinion which is different from the doctors opinion so you will be put in doubt. You’ll never know if what is going on is good or bad you’ll just go with the wave... If I would have had Dr Zhang taking care of me and communicating with me all the time I would have been very pleased because I really trust that he could make a difference for me but since he didn’t and had to deal each time with a different person I am really confused with this clinic and not satisfied with the results as well.
Monitoring was ok they have 6 rooms for that. Some ultrasound equipment is better than other.
New Hope Fertility Center
My concerns were always addressed [with Dr. John Zhang]...The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring...I always knew what was going on with my cycle...Very honest with the outcome of our cycle...My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer.
My husband was diagnosed with male factor infertility. Semen analysis were performed at the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] the same day. Sperm retrieval procedure was done and sperm were frozen. I then did mini ivf. Minimal pills and injections followed by an egg retrieval. 14 embryos were created. One successful embryo transfer...Nursing staff work really well and extremely fast. I always received an email with instructions promptly.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
John Zhang was extremely informative. I always knew what was going on with my cycle. I had an amazing experience with this clinic. John Zhang was a very caring doctor. Very honest with the outcome of our cycle.
Go in with questions you have concerting your cycle.
My concerns were always addressed. The doctor was very informative. The doctor was very caring.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and very calming environment. Staff are amazing. I always received important information regarding my cycle within hours of leaving the clinic. I always felt comfortable going to the clinic.

2016 - 2019, Successful
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic [New Hope Fertility Center]. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. ... The clinic’s [New Hope Fertility Center] atmosphere is friendly and open. ... During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. ... The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
As a patient, it’s important for me to feel safe and understood. It’s important for me to feel comfortable with people in the clinic and it’s important for me to feel comfortable with doctors. All that I had just said described Dr. Zhang and his clinic. He listens to our frustration and how much impact it’s carrying us and also financially.
To always trust your gut feeling. Listen and ask millions of questions.
From all other fertility clinics we’ve been to, New Hope was friendly. Dr. Zhang and staff were friendly and organized. They saw me as a human being not an object of someone just coming in for treatments. They understand our frustration and our pain. We’ve also endured two stillbirths. They know the pain and heartache of losing two precious babies and trying again and not working. Dr. Zhang is there to questions that’s needing answers. He is always available to talk to without paying...he understands!
I was preparing for retrieval’s of my own eggs (one or two he sees), he uses minimal meds. Trigger shots when it’s time for retrieval in two days , I don’t remember the meds I had taken. For preparing egg donor transfers, I have been taking estradiol, promethium....depends on my blood work result if it needs some adjusting I had taken prednisone, progesterone shot on my butt, baby aspirin, enoxaparin injection on my stomach. Sometimes my lining needs to be thicker so they up my use to progesterone sometimes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
We started seeing Dr. Zhang back in 2016 and we are still doing that:) the staff are wonderful. When I come in they know me and don’t need to tell them my name. They input it on their computer and they know I’ve already arrived. During blood work monitoring, they know I have thin veins and they are careful. Nurse are available to talk to and few I’ve met and talked to. They are super nice, cordial and you ask them anything even if it’s embarrassing or disgusting. The sonographers I absolutely love. They know our loses and they are so sweet. They talk to me about how I’m doing and how my day is going. They always try to lift my spirits. Other doctors on site are fantastic. They are friendly and you can ask them anything and they are there to help you. Nurse after my transfers, super sweet. You feel comfortable and they don’t rush you to get up and leave. The staff during transfers, they give me instructions what to do and they are caring too. The embryologist I meet during transfers, super nice and friendly. They show me my embryo on the screen and they really check to make sure it is me and I understand exacting what is going on. Doctors who performs the transfers are friendly and I can ask anything even though he is busy doing what he needs to do.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. There are more patients than ever. The clinic’s atmosphere is friendly and open. The only weakness I have to say is to really be a bit more organize on some areas. For example, I had done bloodworks already and they kept asking me for particular blood work reports which I had given. They’ve asked me Numerous times and I keep being copies for them. Whoever scans the documents, they need scan better and put it in my file. At one time only, a nurse emailed me my blood work result and protocol. The meds she told me was to take clomid. But that’s for retrieval. I was doing transfers. So one nurse emailed me and corrected it. Also, I keep getting ask if I’m Allergic to medications. I did tell them so many times yes and gave them the name and still keeps asking me. It’s ok. I learn to answer each time:)
My monitoring experience is great. The ladies who gets my blood has no problem. Although I have small veins, they still manage to get it done. They always ask me if I’m doing ok. As for sonogram, I love the ladies there. So respectful. I get along well with them. They know how hard and how long and our loses. They’ve become my friends there. Always smiling. :) which I love. Makes my day.
We’ve been doing fertility for 9 and half long years. My husband and I have seen numerous doctors. The billing at the Dr. Zhang’s office is very organized. There’s always three there. They know your name and what needs to be paid. They even tell you what it’s for and if the insurance paid or not and explained why. They even have online service to pay online now too. They are friendly. My husband and I pay out of pocket fertility for nine and half long years. For donor eggs we have $13,200 for 6 eggs. Then they tell us how survived. For example, embryologist will email and tell me they get 5 out of 6 ready to be sent out for genetic testing. Before sending we have to pay $750 per embryo to be tested first before being sent out. Ones we do that we have 7-10 days to wait and they will email with results. Then they will email again and tell us how many survived and how many healthy with grades on them and explanation of their grades. So imagine having failed donor eggs many many times $13,200 x 5 times. We are financially medically in debt. We need help!
When we did our transfer in Cancun Mexico, the doctor there transferred four embryos all the time. Out of three cycles, I was pregnant but resulted in 10 week miscarriage. Dr. Zhang and his colleague transfers one embryo at a time per rules. He picks the best embryos for transfers.
New Hope Fertility Center

I saw him [Dr. Zhang] three times so far, most information gotten from the nurses and ultrasound techs around me. Things felt rushed with him, not much of a personal touch in my opinion... He's very knowledgeable and does cutting edge stuff. However he's not very present. I would like to be able to see my doctor more often or feel like I'm being heard. Most of my questions were answered by ultrasound techs.... We did an ultra mini IVF cycle which involved clomid and femara tabs only. I was able to produce 4 mature eggs which all got fertilized, however I ended up with one very good grade blastocyst.
Very clean and calming atmosphere. Things move very fast there [New Hope Fertility Center]. There's a whiteboard which flashes your name and also guides you on where to go. Everyone is courteous but it tends to feel very impersonal since they have so many patients. They also communicate mainly by email which can be a good thing. Questions are answered promptly. I would also say that costs are very reasonable there.... Reasonable. My ultra mini IVF so far has cost about 10k
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He's very knowledgeable and does cutting edge stuff. However he's not very present. I would like to be able to see my doctor more often or feel like I'm being heard. Most of my questions were answered by ultrasound techs. Also because I understood the plan for the day I have found myself asking for things I was told during the previous appointment, that the people I interacted with on the day of were not aware
Ask for a full explanation of the pros and cons of each step or procedure
I saw him three times so far, most information gotten from the nurses and ultrasound techs around me. Things felt rushed with him, not much of a personal touch in my opinion
We did an ultra mini IVF cycle which involved clomid and femara tabs only. I was able to produce 4 mature eggs which all got fertilized, however I ended up with one very good grade blastocyst. We also did PGS testing for aneuploidy which came back aneuploid. I think I shouldn't have done PGS testing on my only blastocyst especially since I have never had a miscarriage. I was able to get them to do a saline sonogram which showed i had a possible polyp and was then scheduled for hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Very clean and calming atmosphere. Things move very fast there. There's a whiteboard which flashes your name and also guides you on where to go. Everyone is courteous but it tends to feel very impersonal since they have so many patients. They also communicate mainly by email which can be a good thing. Questions are answered promptly. I would also say that costs are very reasonable there.
Reasonable. My ultra mini IVF so far has cost about 10k
New Hope Fertility Center

I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding... is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Location [of New Hope Fertility Center] is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming...Aside from getting my blood drawn at the first consult, retrieval and transfer, the only interaction I had with the nurses was with email. During the stim cycle they are very responsive. During transfer and ongoing pregnancy the email communication isn't as responsive, could due to the number of patients, vacation time, patient priority. The nurses are all very professional in person and email.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is an extremely smart and willing to think outside of the box. I am thrilled I found him when I did, only 1 cycle led to success!! Knowing that he is the owner/founder I understood he would be very busy but trusting a doctor of his caliber assured me to trust his staff.
Do your own research, bring your own questions and take a chance!
It is a very busy clinic, I met with Dr. Zhang once and did not develop any relationships with the staff. If this were my first clinic or cycle I would be put off but at this point I just wanted results I did not need hand holding.
Mini ivf using clomid, letrozol, cetrotide and very small doses of follistim.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Location is good however the first time I could not easily find the building. Also, the security needs to know the difference between floors 3 & 4, a few times I was directed to the wrong floor. Clinic itself is large and clean. Nice refreshment station and the best part is the salt water fish tank. The reception desk individuals are very welcoming.
I think in total the cost was ~14k. The part that was annoying was since I was doing outside monitoring it cost me an additional 1k each month for NHFC to review the results.
No comment.
New Hope Fertility Center
He is very knowledgeable and he doesn’t turn you away if you are over 40. In my case he told me egg freezing should be my number one priority.... Also he suggested MINI IVF based on my endometriosis in which I had surgery for and did a successful retrieval 7 days after my NYU surgery to remove 1 Fallopian tube 2 fibroids and polyp. Dr Zheng doesn’t give up on you and his office is innovative and high tech so they are current in the latest advancements in reproductive medicine.
Strengths. - they [New Hope Fertility Center] will work with women in their 40s using their own eggs, they have a smooth system during Registration and Monitoring, nice office, great refreshments, the staff working in egg retrieval are very supportive during egg retrieval. ... [Clinic Errors] Not calling in prescriptions ... Weakness- Billing is always done before a procedure giving you the feeling like they think you’re going to run off without paying, they prefer cash rather billing your insurance. It’s a business but they’re too money hungry.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and he doesn’t turn you away if you are over 40. In my case he told me egg freezing should be my number one priority. He said I can make you have a baby at 55 but at 55 I cannot retrieve eggs. Also he suggested MINI IVF based on my endometriosis in which I had surgery for and did a successful retrieval 7 days after my NYU surgery to remove 1 Fallopian tube 2 fibroids and polyp. Dr Zheng doesn’t give up on you and his office is innovative and high tech so they are current in the latest advancements in reproductive medicine.
Make sure you have the time to put into the process because right before egg retrieval you have to go to the office for daily monitoring which is time consuming. The office runs well like a well machine you can be in an out and they have great refreshments. It’s a very comfortable and nice office.
It’s a very busy clinic with a flat screen TV that you look for your name to get blood drawn, sonogram, and billing. They seem concerned about billing as they want you to pay first. If they made you pay last it would have a different vibe.
Low dose birth control pills (1/2 a pill for 14 days) 5 - 7 days of Clomid 50mg 1/2 a pill, lupron trigger shot then egg retrieval for MINI IVF. THIS PROTOCAL WILL ONLY YIELD 1 or 2 eggs for retrieval however as a more natural cycle it will yield quality over quantity
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
When ever I had questions they were always available to answer in person or via email
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths. - they will work with women in their 40s using their own eggs, they have a smooth system during Registration and Monitoring, nice office, great refreshments, the staff working in egg retrieval are very supportive during egg retrieval. Weakness- Billing is always done before a procedure giving you the feeling like they think you’re going to run off without paying, they prefer cash rather billing your insurance. It’s a business but they’re too money hungry.
Well oiled machine
$800 per month unlimited monitoring $1250 egg retrieval $800 for genetic testing $2700 for embryo testing
Not yet
Not calling in prescriptions
New Hope Fertility Center
[Dr. Zhang is a] Knowledgable and experienced doctor but overall care lack communication and interpersonal care...dont expect to be updated about course of treatment and explained why certain procedures are done...barely saw the doctor, only came into the clinic to do blood work and ultrasound and communicated with others such as RNs through email. Communication through email was not always responsive. I needed to know why after each cycle, I still haven't conceived yet and if there were any concerns in regards to my fertility health but was not communicated to me. Poor communication and not an interpersonal clinic.
barely saw the doctor [at New Hope Fertility Center] , only came into the clinic to do blood work and ultrasound and communicated with others such as RNs through email. Communication through email was not always responsive. I needed to know why after each cycle, I still haven't conceived yet and if there were any concerns in regards to my fertility health but was not communicated to me. Poor communication and not an interpersonal clinic.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
clinic with experienced doctors and nurses. they try to be professional and compassionate. the clinic site looks well maintained. But truly lacking in interpersonal communication and you will be left in the dark about the plan of treatment even if you are in the medical profession. The clinic feels like a 'baby mill'.
it was definitely expensive for just bloodwork and sonogram
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
i missed one dose of oral pills to stimulate ovulation multiple times because medication was not called in to my pharmacy and since the clinic closes early, I was not able to contact anyone to put in my time sensitive medications so I only took 4/5 oral pills.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling that he is very busy though and I my biggest fear with New Hope is that I would get lost in the mix. However, Dr. Zhang is very personable, kind and seemed confident with his plan for me.... He recommended a mini IVF because of my age (39) with PGD testing and then eSET.... He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.... Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they [New Hope Fertility] have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.... I got the impression that New Hope is a very well run factory. I felt shuffled along and sort of lost along the way.... Dr. Zhang was very friendly and extremely smart. I got the feeling
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Know that you will be seeing ultrasound techs and not the doctor very often.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They seemed very confident and kind.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The biggest strength I believe is their very reasonable pricing. Also, they have a strong belief in natural/low stim IVF cycles especially with older women as they believe it helps with egg quality. The weakness for me was the factory like feeling there.
My insurance covered everything.
He was very much in favor of eSET due to risks of multiples.
New Hope Fertility Center
He [Dr. Zhang] does not look at every case thoroughly and adjust treatment accordingly. He changes treatment plan with high risk. In one of my cycles, he ignored a dominant follicle and gave me clomid to grow the other follicles. When the other follicles did not grow, he advised to retrieve the dominant one which was 30 mm and rotten... I’ve done mini Ivf and natural ivf. The procedures were good. However there were a lack of proper data analysis to customize and alter treatment
Each cycle is about 5550 without medication... Good condition, toilets are sometimes dirty, hygiene ...... Accounts [New Hope Fertility] are difficult to communicate with... laboratory is quick but they don’t process blood work after 2 pm in case of emergency. Bad communication between NHFC and genetic test labs... Well organized but not much of an emotional support... I’ve done mini Ivf and natural ivf. The procedures were good.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
He does not look at every case thoroughly and adjust treatment accordingly. He changes treatment plan with high risk. In one of my cycles, he ignored a dominant follicle and gave me clomid to grow the other follicles. When the other follicles did not grow, he advised to retrieve the dominant one which was 30 mm and rotten
Don’t put lots of hope.
Not looking into each patient case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Well organized but not much of an emotional support
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Good condition, toilets are sometimes dirty, hygiene ...... Accounts are difficult to communicate with... laboratory is quick but they don’t process blood work after 2 pm in case of emergency. Bad communication between NHFC and genetic test labs
Each cycle is about 5550 without medication
New Hope Fertility Center
Don’t expect to see him [Dr. John Zhang] on your visits...I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer...he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him...I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or someone else...[protocol included] Birth control pills, clomid, Ganirelix injection...They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made
[Nurses at New Hope Fertility Center are] Very professional and answer as much as they can...They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made...They have no remorse for self paying patients. They want their money upfront and charge for everything. They refuse to use insurance for blood work or ultrasound for insurances that don’t cover fertility...Don’t expect to see him [Dr. John Zhang] on your visits...I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer...he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him...I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or som
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang came highly recommended by my GYN. However I hardly see him and he talks really fast, at times it’s hard to understand him. I put my trust in him through my GYN. I mostly see NP and ultrasound tech. They ensure me that Dr Zhang goes over my chart but then again I don’t know if it’s him or someone else.
Don’t expect to see him on your visits
I hardly ever saw him only in the beginning and plan for transfer
Birth control pills, clomid, Ganirelix injection.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Very professional and answer as much as they can
I spent over $25,000 already
I only have one normal Pgs tested embroyo
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They don’t explain why they chose a protocol or explain why changes were made
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to the point...We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails...is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring...
They [doctors at New Hope Fertility Center] prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us...They do not sugar coat things, they say exactly what and why and how things are happening. They communicate mostly through email. Their are a few different departments but you mostly deal with the nursing department and the prescription department...I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang is very knowledgeable and did not push any extra procedures. He was straight to the point. He explained everything that was going to happen. If i needed to speak to him in person he was usually around in the morning when I was having monitoring.
He is straight to the point.
I felt like a human because I always had my questions answered through emails.
We did Mini IVF and ICSI because of male factor infertility
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff answered each and every question I had. They were helpful with the entire process.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring was from 7am-1pm which was very convenient. I would go right before work and make it in time. Results of blood tests were given within 4-5 hours and clear instructions were always provided.
They prefer one embryo at a time but we chose two and they let us
New Hope Fertility Center

My doctor [Dr. Zhang] took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns. ... While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth. ... The egg freezing procedure costed me around 6k per cycle - much less than the 10k on average.
Nurses at New Hope went above and beyond in terms of communication and procedures. ... The clinic was very clean and had state of the art equipment and procedures were run with the utmost professional staff. I am completely satisfied and highly recommend this clinic to anyone that is looking for top quality service at an affordable price.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
There were certain costs i felt were unecessary, but NH worked with me to adjust the bill. While my plan at the time was to freeze my eggs, I would have liked time for a one on one discussion on my infertility issues in depth.
Clearly communicate with the doctor regarding short and longer-term fertility goals, and about any issues you might have. NH is flexible and can work with you.
My doctor took time to sit down with me and address any concerns i had, and followed up with a direct phone call to see how i was doing and If I had further questions or concerns.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Zhang used Clomid with me for all of the cycles...recommended a single 5day embryo transfer and that is what we did...During initial consult, Dr. Zhang went over the treatment plan, which was just going with my natural cycles and using Clomid to control timing of ovulation. Dr. Zhang told us we’d be pregnant in 6 months. We went through 6 retrievals with 4 viable embryos. Had the first transfer with a 5day frozen embryo and got a BFP! I am now 33 weeks along with a baby girl and have 3 more embryos on ice. I call Dr. Zhang our miracle worker
Monitoring hours [at New Hope Fertility Center] are 7am-1 or 2pm. Was in and out every time I went in. You get the blood work done, go back into the waiting area and are called in for sono moments later...The clinic’s strengths are: 1. Convenient hours for monitoring 2. Cost - cost of IVF cycle is the same as cost of IUI cycle in other practices 3. Treatment plans are truly based on the patient 4. Clinic is very well organized (everyone is on the same page) 5. Easy access to doctors 6. Clear and concise treatment plan and instructions 7. Facility is clean and well maintained 8. All parts of the treatment, from consult to embryo transfers are in the same location No weaknesses
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
After being told by a different doctor that we would have to use donor eggs in order to get pregnant, despite me being 33 years old and having gotten pregnant with my 2 other children without a problem, we did more research and found New Hope and Dr. Zhang. During initial consult, Dr. Zhang went over the treatment plan, which was just going with my natural cycles and using Clomid to control timing of ovulation. Dr. Zhang told us we’d be pregnant in 6 months. We went through 6 retrievals with 4 viable embryos. Had the first transfer with a 5day frozen embryo and got a BFP! I am now 33 weeks along with a baby girl and have 3 more embryos on ice. I call Dr. Zhang our miracle worker
Be patient with the treatment plan
Dr. Zhang used Clomid with me for all of the cycles
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly, compassionate and responsive to questions and concerns
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Monitoring hours are 7am-1 or 2pm. Was in and out every time I went in. You get the blood work done, go back into the waiting area and are called in for sono moments later
The cost can’t be beat. Cost of an IVF cycle with Dr. Zhang is close to cost of IUI cycle at other practices
Dr. Zhang recommended a single 5day embryo transfer and that is what we did.
New Hope Fertility Center
I wanted twins but again Dr Zang wanted me to be a mother and focus on that by only putting one in. The risks are too high with 2 and he made sure to give me the pro and cons of it...He’s forward thinking and has the capacity to show empathy but also be truthful and weight out all options with you. He’s a man who doesn’t work on taking your money but giving you the results you both desire. A baby. I have nothing but praise and awe for Dr Zang. He is the future of IVF.
[New Hope Fertility Center is] Clean and comfortable. Its also great at not letting you wait too long for scans, bloods and results. I think a new patient should be ready to have several doctors see you as well as nurses. The care is brilliant but if you are looking for a clinic that will designate you one nurse and one doctor, then this is not the place for you. However every doctor at NH is exceptional and very experienced so you won’t mind if you end up seeing most of them.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zang is a realistic Dr. He’s forward thinking and has the capacity to show empathy but also be truthful and weight out all options with you. He’s a man who doesn’t work on taking your money but giving you the results you both desire. A baby. I have nothing but praise and awe for Dr Zang. He is the future of IVF.
Be prepared to hear what you may not want to hear. Dr Zang is a realistic and will only help you and give you solutions he can deliver. Not everyone wants to hear the truth but Dr Zang is about delivering just that.
The care and attention was phenomenal. Everyone was realistic and caring. I’m so thankful that we choose NH fertility
Mini no invasive cycles. Small doses of drugs. Dr Zang is about quality not quantity of egg reterivels.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Wonderful all of them. So much so i was scared to leave the clinic as i was sure other nurses wouldn't be so kind
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The costs are not cheap but get the results you require.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
My medication was not sent quick enough so I had to chase.
New Hope Fertility Center

This clinic [New Hope] is open seven days a week for monitoring, which is great. Unfortunately they only do egg retrievals before about 11:30 so that means doing a natural retrieval is impossible and you have to use a trigger. ...The embryology department did not always keep us informed about how many embryos were still surviving. They seem to be extremely busy...The nursing staff seems very busy. Some of them are nice but a couple are uncaring and downright rude;
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
I think he is kind and has a good personality. He does not have the massive ego that a lot of doctors have. However, he is very busy so you won't see him much. Although you can request to see him sometimes and you can pay another fee to get follow up consultations. I really do not know how good he is because he does not explain why he is doing things in this way instead of that way so I can't evaluate the why of what he does or evaluate his thinking skills. I am a person who likes to understand the reasons that decisions are being made so this is not the best style for me. But I'm not sure that any ivf doctors really explain much about their decisions to the patients.
This is a busy clinic. It can be frustrating sometimes as a patient because you can feel like a widget on an assembly line. On the other hand, there are some ways that they automatically personalize the service in ways that other clinics do not. For example, you get to decide for yourself whether you want to use sedation for egg retrieval or not. I prefer not, which saves us $500 each time. I also do not like sedation so I am happy I can choose not to use it. Most ivf clinics will not allow you this choice. I have inquired at many clinics and 99% force you to use sedation even if you are only retrieving one to three eggs. I do not think that is a reasonable approach and I think it is disrespectful to the patient to take away their right to make medical decisions about things that are not truly a necessary part of a procedure. I think allowing the patient this choice is part of the general approach of respecting the patient so this is one of the things I love about New Hope.
This is a very busy clinic, which allows them to keep their costs low. They are much cheaper than any other clinic I have contacted in America and I have called many. Because of their high volume, I don't think they really have time for a lot of very individualized attention but they do their best. Dr. Zhang is really very nice. All their doctors are very nice. The nurses are hit or miss.
I mostly did natural cycles with mini or ultra mini ivf a couple times. This is because I am at an age where I don't have many eggs to conventional just would not do anything beneficial for me and would have some negatives. We have two five day blasts frozen. We did not pgs test them so we do not know if they are aneuploidy. We were told that at my age, the likelihood is that they will not have normal chromosomes. The clinic let us decide whether to test them and did not pressure us either way. We are trying to collect and freeze several five day blastocysts while we can and implant later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nursing staff seems very busy. Some of them are nice but a couple are uncaring and downright rude; these ones may not have much empathy for the amount of money the patients are spending or the mental stress of being infertile. In our case, we have spent all of our savings and then had to stop making attempts and then saved again for almost a year to try again because for us it will be a numbers game. The doctors said that my fertility is unusually good for my age but our chances of a baby are better if we can freeze several embryos. We will never regret using all our savings for this and all future savings. However, it is a big sacrifice and it is an all day round trip drive for us every time we go there. I also suffer from extreme motion sickness so when we arrive at the clinic, I am always feeling very ill. Everything about undergoing ivf on a budget is extremely difficult. The doctors seem to understand this but some of the nurses often seem to lack the maturity to understand what the patients are experiencing.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic is open seven days a week for monitoring, which is great. Unfortunately they only do egg retrievals before about 11:30 so that means doing a natural retrieval is impossible and you have to use a trigger. I think this is common for most clinics. At least they are open seven days a week. Many clinics close on Saturdays and/or Sundays. As I mentioned, they allow you to do retrievals without sedation if you want, which also saves you $500 and in my opinion is healthier for your brain. They have an in house lab for the standard monitoring bloodwork. They get good prices on outside lab work. Monitoring is much cheaper there than at other clinics I have researched. I don't like the smell they pump in to the clinic. We call it the New Hope smell and our clothes/coats/hair reek of it after being there. We are both very smell sensitive so we wish they would not use any fragrances in the clinic. I have not done any cycles at other clinics so I do not know what the differences are in how much individual attention you get.
Monitoring is very efficient. You go when you can get there and the wait is usually not that long.
It depends on what you do. It is much cheaper than most clinics if you are paying for your own cycles. We have never had insurance which covers ivf so I have no idea how that would work.
It seems that the doctor and clinic overall prefer to implant one embryo because they feel this gives the overall highest chance for success. But I think they allow the patient to decide this within reason.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
The embryology department did not always keep us informed about how many embryos were still surviving. They seem to be extremely busy. It feels like torture a little bit to wonder day after day whether our embryos were still growing or had been disposed of. Usually they email you to tell you that but not always. One cycle when we did not get any news, I kept calling trying to find out. I left messages and emails but did not hear anything. When I finally asked the receptionist about it, she was a bit nasty about telling me that the embryology department is very busy taking care of embryos and do not have time for me. I told her that all i wanted to know is whether our embryos from nearly a week before were still living or had been disposed of. I can guess the embryology department might be overwhelmed. I can only hope that they are at least taking good care of the embryos. The doctors seem to be conscientious so I do believe that they are doing a good job behind the scenes.
New Hope Fertility Center

DR. Zhang's mini IVF strategy uses less medication, more regular monitoring and a less invasive procedure. This procedures were done to adjust to our egg reserve and quality which have resulted in positive retrievals however no quality fertilization...has regular personal check ins and provides adjusted treatment practices to make sure we are being treated personally and in a sensitive way.
The strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center] are definitely the gentle treatment option and the efficiency of the practice operations. The only weakness I would say is that any of the doctors can provide input on your protocol and the treatment could be inconsistent. You can request to have consistency and limit your response to a couple doctors which has made a huge difference for us.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang and Dr. Lipkin have been amazing during this process and have made every attempt to customize treatment to our needs. The monitoring experience reequires regular blood work and sonograms which have been difficult however we have been able to adjust the schedule to meet our needs and sync up to the staff that we prefer. The office staff and billing department are very transparent and accessible
The mini IVF process is a more gentile process than standard ivf and can take more cycles however it is less intense. I would suggest patients visit New Hope Fertility Center first before they go for a full IVF round at another clinic.
Dr. Zhang has regular personal check ins and provides adjusted treatment practices to make sure we are being treated personally and in a sensitive way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses are available to discuss treatment and review directions or protocols.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The strengths are definitely the gentle treatment option and the efficiency of the practice operations. The only weakness I would say is that any of the doctors can provide input on your protocol and the treatment could be inconsistent. You can request to have consistency and limit your response to a couple doctors which has made a huge difference for us.
The office is open 7 days a week including holidays and the monitor lists your name after you check in to see where you should go. We have a condition which requires the phlebotomist be very sensitive and they definitely comply with that. The sonograms techs are always up front with results and will sometimes bring in a team leader if more information is needed.
Monitoring was about $600, retrievals and testing would be about $7k
We have not experienced this as of yet
New Hope Fertility Center

The facility works very much like a mill. Your name pops up on a screen when you are supposed to go to one room or another and often when you arrive as directed, the nurses don't know why you're there.... The facility was clean and the staff was clearly competent. However, there were frequently billing errors so that's something patients should focus on. New Hope was not in my insurance carrier's Center of Excellence so I paid for all care out of pocket.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang did an excellent job of managing my expectations given my personal circumstances. He was even able to tell me (which he later substantiated via ultrasound) where my fibroids were located based on my description of my menstrual cycles since stopping birth control pills. The RE I saw after Dr. Zhang shared some things with me that suggested IUI was an irresponsible course of treatment for me given the placement of my fibroids. Having said that, I have no regrets about having tried the less invasive procedure because I always would have been curious if we'd gone straight to IVF.
We did three cycles of Clomid, only two of which we completed with IUI. A fill-in doctor convinced my husband that the risk of multiples was too great during our first cycle so we didn't do IUI. However, given my age, the chance of pregnancy was so low he needn't have worried we'd end up with multiples. The second cycle the dose of Clomid was lowered and we didn't get pregnant. The third cycle, the dose of Clomid was returned to the original and we didn't get pregnant. However, Dr. Zhang forewarned me that the placement of my fibroids made pregnancy very unlikely.
Approximately $800/IUI cycle
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. Zhang] explained I had advanced low egg reserve for a woman my age, but that would not be a barrier. I remember him stating that all we needed was one good egg. He managed our expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to use minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal.... When we first met Dr. Zhang, he stated they preferred to do single embryo transfer. However, we were given an option to do up to 2 embryo transfers, but we agreed the single was the best for us.
When we first came to New Hope, we had already been told by a previous and hospital affiliated clinic that the chances of us naturally having a family were slim, and to start considering other options, which we were open to. However, as one last effort, my husband found New Hope Fertility and we were uplifted after our first consultation with Dr. Zhang.... Strengths: - Throughout our journey, the nurses were great at answering all our questions, and were accessible via their email portal. The staff we met were patient and understanding, especially during the multiple appointments for bloodwork/sono, and doctor check-ins
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
When we first came to New Hope, we had already been told by a previous and hospital affiliated clinic that the chances of us naturally having a family were slim, and to start considering other options, which we were open to. However, as one last effort, my husband found New Hope Fertility and we were uplifted after our first consultation with Dr. Zhang. He explained I had advanced low egg reserve for a woman my age, but that would not be a barrier. I remember him stating that all we needed was one good egg. He managed our expectations by explaining the process, how it takes time, their philosophy and approach to use minimal drugs, and their team would work with us to accomplish our goal.
I've learned the entire process takes patience: between waiting for your cycle to start, bloodwork, sonogram, egg retrieval, success of fertilization, success of embryo going to Day 3/5, the ups and downs during any of those steps mentioned, patience & perseverance is necessary; surround yourself with the best possible support team - from Dr. Zhang and team of doctors and those in your personal life to support you during this journey.
- adjusted pills/hormones based on cycle prior to egg retrieval - hormones/pills in preparation for egg transfer - hormones/pills after transfer (successful transfer and pregnancy prior to being released to regular OB)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
When we were ready to try for our second child, the doctors and nurses were helpful at helping my body re-adjust, as I had just finished breastfeeding and was not consistently in a menstrual cycle. I trusted their advice. Also, seeing the same nurses from our first time, and the fact that some of them remembered us, we could sense how invested they were in our journey as well.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: - Throughout our journey, the nurses were great at answering all our questions, and were accessible via their email portal. The staff we met were patient and understanding, especially during the multiple appointments for bloodwork/sono, and doctor check-ins. - Very clean, open, bright facility Weaknesses: - On very busy days for bloodwork/sono, wait times can be extended. We always tried to get their very early 7:30am/8:00am to avoid long wait times.
- Best to go in early (7:30am/8:00am) to avoid extended wait times during busy morning cycle. - Nurses and tech staff for blood/sono were great; I was always seen by a doctor afterwards
- We were lucky that my husband's insurance assisted us with cost. - We had a co-pay that we always paid upon check-in
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I selected "Failed to call with results" b/c there was only one instance where I needed to request the results from a nurse for my day's bloodwork. The nurse apologized and got back to me by the end of the day.

2012 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Zhang has a very warm caring personality and he works tirelessly. I do wish he would be open to trying different things when I would for example as for different estrace they would not switch it. ... He was a strong believer in less is more which I get and agree with ... Dr Zhang really likes to implant only 1 embryo at a time he wants that embryo to have the best chance. he will implant mosaics too.
They [New Hope Fertility] seemed to have a certain protocol and they often made mistakes. I would have to call in and they would agree it was an error then give me another protocol. I also had about 18 mos of waiting in between cycles because they did not do FDA paperwork correctly on my donor eggs so they were unable to transfer my embryos until the FDA did their audit ... They can get you in and out quickly for routine monitoring. easy check in system and billing. ...
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Zhang has a very warm caring personality and he works tirelessly. I do wish he would be open to trying different things when I would for example as for different estrace they would not switch it. I feel like if they did I could have had more sucess.
write everything down keep track of what is working and not working and compare what protocols they give each cycle so you can make sure you are getting the best result.
They seemed to have a certain protocol and they often made mistakes. I would have to call in and they would agree it was an error then give me another protocol. also they were resistent to try different that what they do. for example I was not responding to oral or vaginal estarce. i was desperate to try the patch. they would not prescribe it. I awitched clinics and now my lining is perfect with the patch. I just need a good egg, still in process with new clinic.
He was a strong believer in less is more which I get and agree with. But I had a specific issue of thin lining that did not respond well to the estrace they were giving me and we did cycle after cycle where I had to cancel because of poor lining. when I told them I had met people who had great success with using the patch they were not receptive to that so after years of trying with them Left and that was good because now my lining is perfect and I just need to get the right eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They are very compassionate and kind. but the disconnect was waiting f or your protocol instructions it always took way longer than they said it would sometimes the next day. it was frustrating, sometimes they gave me a protocol that I felt was off. I would have to call in and every time I did they did say they made an error and would correct it. It was difficult because I felt like I should be able to trust them but it was maybe too many patients. I don't know.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
They can get you in and out quickly for routine monitoring. easy check in system and billing. clean and beautiful spacious office. The nurses are all kind and will try to give you any suggestions they can to help with your success. Dr are not always available but you can wait to see them or ask a question just need to be patient.
monitoring was the easiest and best part. no stress in and out within 30 mins and they really watched out for you if it was taking more than 15 minutes they were back there moving things along. it was the results and protocol that took til the end of the day or next day to get the info.
it was very expensive and the prices kept getting higher and higher. when i first started a transfer was 1200 when i left it was 2500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I often felt like the ball was being dropped and had to stay on them to get the information and then call back again to confirm only to find out I was given wrong information. I really feel like they had too many clients otherwise why did this happen so often. I also had about 18 mos of waiting in between cycles because they did not do FDA paperwork correctly on my donor eggs so they were unable to transfer my embryos until the FDA did their audit, it probably exactly why I have not had a 2nd child. infuriating.
2013 - 2018, Successful
Embryo Freezing
He has a lot of patients so it’s hard to get personalized attention from dr. Zhang. He is also always traveling but he is a great doctor. Very knowledable and positive. When others told me I will need donor eggs he never gave up on me having a baby with my own eggs...Very smart, very knowledgeable. Not easily accessible though...Since I have low amh levels dr zhang didn’t force a lot of stims. We did a lot of natural cycles. This is one clinic who is okay with taking out only one egg at a time.
New Hope is very flexible with protocol and listening to what you want. i have on numerous occasion requested less of a dosage, questioned when they were triggering and even changed freezing embryos into an IUI which resulted in my first son's conception. They are open to suggestions which is a big plus....they are friendly and helpful but can take a while to answer your questions because they are so busy...I had issues with billing in the past. They failed to to a prior authorization through my insurance.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Very positive. Didn’t give up on me while others were directing me towards donor eggs he instituted I would have my own babies and I did. Twice!!! Very smart, very knowledgeable. Not easily accessible though. Recently he has been traveling a lot.
Don’t be afraid to tell them you disagree with their protocols or if you feel uncomfortable with a dosage you can tell them to adjust it. They listen to what the patient wants. They are flexible and they have an amazing lab!!
He has a lot of patients so it’s hard to get personalized attention from dr. Zhang. He is also always traveling but he is a great doctor. Very knowledable and positive. When others told me I will need donor eggs he never gave up on me having a baby with my own eggs. And it happened twice!
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
pricey but not exorbitant.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I had issues with billing in the past. They failed to to a prior authorization through my insurance. They also once failed to run the procedure through my insurance. It took a long time to get everything resolved but in the end they took off some charges which was nice of them.
New Hope Fertility Center
Though he [Dr. Zhang] got me pregnant with normal pgs girl, I miscarried. And each cycle after that he refused to listen to me or change protocol. I noticed a trend with my labs during monitoring, which I was right about, but he just didn’t care...originally said it would be mini ivf. But it wound up being ultra mini ivf with clomid only (one cycle he used letrozole).... each cycle I only produced one follicle. And I pay out of pocket. I asked if we could stimulate me more, given I’m Paying for a retrieval for one egg, but he kept saying no
Strength [at New Hope Fertility Center]: they don’t give up on you and don’t tell you to go for donor egg. They have an amazing lab. Weakness: they too won’t change protocol and they treat you like a number. AWFUL nursing staff. No contact with anyone when you have questions. No one is accessible...While I was miscarrying in the ER, I’m hysterically crying, in my stretcher and I call them to let Dr Zhang know ... Liliana answered (the receptionist) and said “you are no longer a patient here”.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Though he got me pregnant with normal pgs girl, I miscarried. And each cycle after that he refused to listen to me or change protocol. I noticed a trend with my labs during monitoring, which I was right about, but he just didn’t care
Listen to their concerns
Never got to speak w the Zhang. Nurses wouldn’t even call you. They send you an email with your instructions. If you have questions it’s impossible to get in touch with them
Dr Zhang originally said it would be mini ivf. But it wound up being ultra mini ivf with clomid only (one cycle he used letrozole).... each cycle I only produced one follicle. And I pay out of pocket. I asked if we could stimulate me more, given I’m Paying for a retrieval for one egg, but he kept saying no
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: All of them )
Terrible!!! Awful!!!! I would expect the doctors to be cold, and nurses to be warm but frankly it was the opposite here. They send you a generic email with instructions. It’s a template. If you have questions they won’t answer you. And if you call them the receptionist (liliana) will never connect you. While I was miscarrying in the ER, I’m hysterically crying, in my stretcher and I call them to let Dr Zhang know ... Liliana answered (the receptionist) and said “you are no longer a patient here”. (I was 7 weeks and never discharged to my OB). As I’m crying in the phone, begging her to connect me to my dr she continues to passive aggressively tell me “I graduated” and was no longer a patient there. Long story short —- after that traumatic experience, I made a formal complaint the following week. The supervisor told me liliana had put in her resignation the week prior so “that’s probably why she was behaving that way” .... fast forward two months, Liliana is back. I speak with supervisor as to how she can work there with how she treated me and refused to connect me, a patient, to my dr while I’m in the ER miscarrying. The supervisor said “we gave her extra training afterwards” Terrible. Need I say more
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength: they don’t give up on you and don’t tell you to go for donor egg. They have an amazing lab. Weakness: they too won’t change protocol and they treat you like a number. AWFUL nursing staff. No contact with anyone when you have questions. No one is accessible.
affordable Retrieval $1250
N/a I only had one embryo
New Hope Fertility Center

I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions... He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet...I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff [at New Hope Fertility Center]. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile...Excellent wait time. Even at it's most busiest hour, you are in and out in a timely manner. Clinic is extremely clean. Entire staff is beyond warm and friends. Everybody has a smile on their face. No weaknesses...I felt like a human because Doctor Zhang and entire staff cared, listened and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Zhang is a medical genius. He is beyond experienced and knowledgeable in everything he does. He explained things to me that made so much sense and able to understand everything in detail. I put all my trust on him from the first meet.
Listen!
I did the mini ivf. Less medication and better results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the entire nursing staff. Any questions I had (and I had many) they answered it with a smile.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Costs were very economical.
Yes, 1 embryo.
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. John Zhang] is straight to business. He's also incredibly intelligent. When we had complex issues with how to create a value proposition to my insurance, he was nuanced and sharp enough to help me do that...Trust the process but if something feels off then ask and ask until you get an answer...didn't say we'll use this protocol or that one (and honestly, I didn't ask) other than mini-IVF...I don't care if I'm a number or a human. I now have a baby. All I care (and cared about) were results. They could do a better job treating me like a human - but it didn't bother me.
They [staff at New Hope Fertility Center] told me the genders of the embryos by mistake when I had asked them not to tell me. I consider this a minor clinical error, but a major moral error...Everybody would wait in line based on clinic arrival time [during monitoring]...spacious, accommodating, great hours. Trust the process. Don't worry about seeing a doctor each time - it will take them away from what they are really good at, which is studying the data to determine the best course of action for your cycle.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
My doctor is the best there is, hands down. He is straight to business. He's also incredibly intelligent. When we had complex issues with how to create a value proposition to my insurance, he was nuanced and sharp enough to help me do that.
Zhang didn't say we'll use this protocol or that one (and honestly, I didn't ask) other than mini-IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
They're great but understaffed.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Great - spacious, accommodating, great hours. Trust the process. Don't worry about seeing a doctor each time - it will take them away from what they are really good at, which is studying the data to determine the best course of action for your cycle.
Everybody would wait in line based on clinic arrival time.
~$20k all in
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
They told me the genders of the embryos by mistake when I had asked them not to tell me. I consider this a minor clinical error, but a major moral error.
New Hope Fertility Center

They [New Hope] have really flexible hours for monitoring, between 7am-2pm, which is amazing compared to many other clinics. The retrievals/transfers are also done in the same facility so you dont have to pay an extra hospital fee of $1005 like over at Cornell and NYP. Hated the billing department! Took them 4 months to correct an insurance payment and apply the credit to my account...I believe dr zhang is very knowledgable in his field. But he is not for someone that wants a gentle bedside manner. He is to the point and will show you charts/graphs demonstrating where you land on % of success based on your age range. The only times I met with him was for the first consult and then at the end of the cycle for follow-ups. The clinic did mention that if I wanted to speak with him, that I should arrive in the office between 7-9am, otherwise the rest of his day is booked with new patient consults. It was also other drs that performed my retrievals. I had wondered if Dr Zhang was the one that was monitoring my ccle progress and adjusting dosage instructions, or if it were other doctors reviewing my case.
How was your experience with John Zhang at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask all your questions, be straightforward, dont expect hand-holding
The nurses and techs working in the clinic were always professional and courteous. I understood the dr was very busy as the clinic was always quite busy and crowded, but I would have liked more face time with the dr since most emails and correspondence on next steps were always from nurses.
Mild IVF - started with estrace priming, then clomid, letrozole pills, and follistim injections starting at 75iu. Continued with a mix of clomid and letrozole pills, and varying dosages of follistim(from 75-150iu) up until lupron trigger and then retrieval
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nurses were very friendly and helpful in clinic, but were a little slower in response via email. One time they emailed me regarding medication dosage and I replied back to them and needed another refill and did not hear back until the next day, which was a problem because I needed the medications the night before
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strenth: everything is done in house so blood results and sonos are quick. They have really flexible hours for monitoring, between 7am-2pm, which is amazing compared to many other clinics. The retrievals/transfers are also done in the same facility so you dont have to pay an extra hospital fee of $1005 like over at Cornell and NYP. Hated the billing department! Took them 4 months to correct an insurance payment and apply the credit to my account.
The clinic had monitors on the walls that called your name up when it was your turn to get blood drawn or to go inside the the sonogram. I appreciated this aspect of their monitoring system, instead of relying on someone calling out my name. I was able to go to the appropriate station as I saw my name come up
I did not have insurance coverage so it was put of pocket. Mild ivf cost about$6,000 which included cost of medications. Luteal Phase retrieval cost $250. And PGS for one embryo clst $750