Available by cell phone
Silicon Valley
1900 University Ave.
E. Palo Alto, CA 94303
415-603-6999
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jonathan Kort to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9

Excellent

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California to a friend?
We used an agonist protocol, utlizing menopur and Gonal F, followed by Cetrotide [with Dr. Jonathan Kort]. This resulted in an easy egg retrieval of 31 (!) eggs, 25 of which were mature, 21 fertilized and 9 made it to blast stage for freeze...deeply cared about my personal story, things I'd gone through before I met him and assured me that he'd take good care of me - and did!...He is able to take a joke (super important to me) and knew when to be serious as well. His only opportunity to improve is that during my HSG I felt he was almost TOO candid and then walked it back and 'wanted to double check' with his partner what I think he knew all along, that my remaining tube was blocked. Sometimes I wished that he would wait to be sure to communicate something with me but overall I appreciated his openness.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Dr. Kort's strengths include his candid and caring nature. He is able to take a joke (super important to me) and knew when to be serious as well. His only opportunity to improve is that during my HSG I felt he was almost TOO candid and then walked it back and 'wanted to double check' with his partner what I think he knew all along, that my remaining tube was blocked. Sometimes I wished that he would wait to be sure to communicate something with me but overall I appreciated his openness.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Be ready to hear everything and anything in an honest and caring fashion. Expect quick responses and clarity of options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California?
Dr. Kort deeply cared about my personal story, things I'd gone through before I met him and assured me that he'd take good care of me - and did!
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kort used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California and their degree of success.
We used an agonist protocol, utlizing menopur and Gonal F, followed by Cetrotide. This resulted in an easy egg retrieval of 31 (!) eggs, 25 of which were mature, 21 fertilized and 9 made it to blast stage for freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana )
Luciana and the rest of the staff at RMA Norcal (Special shout out to Halle!!) are amazing. From being greeted at the front desk, to blood draws and Ultrasounds, I was always treated with the utmost respect and care. Everyone knew my name and seemed to be invested in my success. I love them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
The operating hours (blood draws and ultrasounds from 7:30-8:30a) and ease of getting to RMA Norcal were AMAZING. I could get in and out super easily well before any am meetings. Parking can be a bit tricky in the area but there are a few garages nearby. The clinic is brand spanking new and is state of the art. The rooms are outfitted with tv's and the whole place feels really high end.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
Very little wait times with easy to get to early morning monitoring hours. I was typically in and out in less than 30 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
Egg retrieval was about $12k, and FET was about $4k.
Describe Jonathan Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.
I appreciated that Dr. Kort and Dr. Morin at RMANorcal always start with eSET, which seemed like the right thing for me.
San Francisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jonathan Kort at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California.

IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Jonathan Kort] was very patient, showed extreme care, and found the right solutions to our many problems along the way...Here are some treatment strategies and protocols he used: - Complete genetic screening of egg donor and father - Estrogen patches and extra medication for mother's lining development - Surgery to remove polyp - ERA test to detect lining receptiveness - Multiple screenings...
European, Latino
IVF, Donor Eggs
Our experience as Dr. Kort’s patients couldn’t have been better. We met with multiple doctors in our journey to get pregnant and he was by far the most dedicated, compassionate, and competent. Our case was complicated and involved many processes, situations, and procedures: egg donation, genetic incompatibility, polyp removal, lining under-development, pre-receptiveness. He was very patient, showed extreme care, and found the right solutions to our many problems along the way.
He is the best and will take great care of you.
Dr. Kort and his staff were always extremely empathetic and treated us with great warm and care. He was always available to discuss our situation and took us step by step through this complicated process. We had a direct line with him and he made us feel like we were his only patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana Svilpa)
The nursing staff at RMA is excellent across the board. We felt extremely well supported the entire time.
Of all the clinics we visited and worked with in the Bay Area (a total of 4), RMA was absolutely the best. They cared for us like nobody else. They were always available, in constant contact, and very attentive to our situation and needs. Their care is extremely customized to the patient’s situation and you feel like you are their top priority all the time. They quickly became part of our extended family, which is very important given how sensitive fertility problems can be.
Dr. Kort explained well the tradeoffs of transferring one versus two embryos and suggested the former, as it would be safer for the baby and the mother.
San Francisco

Dr. Kort knew my Cancer condition well before I came in for our initial consultation. He was very thorough and detail oriented. He went over best case scenarios and was gentle with worst case scenarios - he proceeded with much caution. Exceptional bedside manner. Dr. Kort is amazing at communication even when I am not in the office - he uses Spruce to communicate results and updates.
Go ready to fall in love with his practice. Be ready for an in depth conversation about your condition.
Dr. Kort and his entire staff made me feel safe, validated and heard. Dr. Kort spent a generous amount of time during my initial consultation and Sonogram. He went into details about my condition, was kind and very thorough. His team of Nurses, phlebotomist s and administrative assistants never minimized me or treated me like a number.
Since I will be using an egg donor there were several different protocols. One for me and One for my Egg Donor. I am to undergo several rounds of medication mock cycles - Since I am on HRT - via estrogen patch - this will look somewhat different for me. We are finishing up the legal agreement with our family attorney - once that is finished - we will begin medicated cycles for my Egg donor
Excellent and real time communication - those words best describe the staff. The staff is somewhat small - but are definitely patient centered in their care. Every time I have called, they are cautious as to how I am feeling and to what I need. If I am calling in cheerful and excited, their energy meets me there. If I am calling and sound concerned, they meet me with concern and don't minimize my concern. They are knowledgeable and, if the staff doesn't know they are transparent and give me the confidence that they can get an answer for me. They always let me know at what steps they are and set real time patient expectations
The staff is a small staff but they are mighty, I know that sounds cliche. They have this Savvyness about them that you know they will do everything in their power to meet your needs. They are knowledgeable yet make you feel like family. Their strength is that they are caring, and go through lengths to make a connection and establish sound care. One weakness is that some of them are not well versed about their pricing. My husband and I went in to meet with their financial navigator and they were not well versed about the egg donor process.
My care under Doctor Jonathan Kort was several thousand dollars cheaper in comparison to my previous IVF Fertility facility. about $7,000- $10,000 Cheaper.
I am on board and believe that Dr. Kort and his entire staff has our best interest in mind when stating that they only will assist and undergo Elective Single Embryo Transfer. Given my medical history, and to give us a best chance at a healthy, full term pregnancy.

IUI, Donor Sperm
Dr. Kort is superb and is so available for all of his patients. He really takes his time to make sure you understand all your options and why he recommends certain treatments over others. He has called me after hours numerous times to queel my anxieties. ... There is no sense of being treated like a number or "just another case" when it comes to working with him. He knows about your case individually and treats you as such.
IUI, Donor Sperm
Dr. Kort is calm, kind, and human. There is no sense of being treated like a number or "just another case" when it comes to working with him. He knows about your case individually and treats you as such.
See Dr. Kort! I trust him implicitly after working with him.
I originally started with doing unmedicated IUI (gay, no access to free sperm), but shortly after found out I have a rare and fatal genetic disease. This news was traumatic in and of itself, but Dr. Kort was right alongside me, clearly and kindly explaining my options for IVF with PGD and making sure I understood what the new plan would be.
The entire team at RMA norcal is easy to talk to and empathetic. Every time I go in I feel comfortable and at ease immediately.
The clinic is located in downtown SF right by a BART station, which is great unless you drive there. There is basically no parking, so don't try. Other than that I've seen nothing but strengths so far with this clinic. Easy to schedule, easy to communicate, easy to get more information - basically everything I could ask for.
Because I am doing IVF with PGD there are many extra costs compared to a typical IVF cycle. I have no insurance coverage, so a single cycle (PGD probe creation, egg retrieval, meds, ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo biopsy, PGS, PGD, more meds, and FET) will likely be around 20k-25k
Strong preference for single embryo transfer. Will transfer two if you very much want him to, but will never transfer more than two (in my case). I came in thinking I wanted two transferred and he gave me clear and logical information as to why a single transfer may be preferable. We will be going with a single transfer

17 Eggs Frozen
He had no hesitation in setting up frequent phone conversations and answering questions, and wasn't billing me for this time. ... I felt so reassured and cared for throughout the whole process and never felt like if any point I needed help, that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Dr. Kort or his partner, Dr. Morin. ... He explained every part of the process, listened to all of my concerns, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly.
17 Eggs Frozen
This was the best patient experience I have ever had. It was not hard to get a hold of Dr. Kort with questions, including when I was doing my injections late at night. He had no hesitation in setting up frequent phone conversations and answering questions, and wasn't billing me for this time. I was hoping to go through the process fairly quickly for insurance reasons and Dr. Kort made sure that he helped with that, as I called to set up a consultation and he was able to get me in that same week. He was respectful and kind in his approach, and would even remember things about me and ask me about them at our next appointment. I felt so reassured and cared for throughout the whole process and never felt like if any point I needed help, that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Dr. Kort or his partner, Dr. Morin.
I would highly recommend going to RMA to see Dr. Kort if you want to have a seamless process where the doctors treat you with kindness and respect. They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible.
Dr Kort was so willing to help me through every part of the process. He explained every part of the process, listened to all of my concerns, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly. We gave me his personal cell phone in case I needed to reach him and wasn't able to otherwise. He would call/text and check in on me throughout the process, and was willing to work around my schedule to make appointments. I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Kort.
The medications I used were Follistim and Menopur for about 11 days. My dosage of Follistim and Menopur increased throughout the treatment, because I had a lot of follicles that were just under the size that they needed to be and they wanted them to grow into the 15-22mm range. I used Ganirelix for the last 5 days or so, so that I wouldn't ovulate early, paired with the Follistim and Menopur. I used Novarel and Leuprolide as my trigger shots 36 hours before my procedure. Dr. Kort was able to retreive 20 eggs, and 17 were mature and could be frozen
The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process. I went in for quite a few appointments at the end to get blood work and ultrasounds and saw the same 4 or 5 nurses throughout that time. They were all extremely kind and calm and helped me to feel calm and reassured. Luciana was the nurse who I worked with primarily, and she trained me to give myself the injections and help explain/train me on any changes to my treatment throughout the process. She was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. She was quick to respond when I had questions and she made sure I completely understood all parts of the treatment. She also helped me on the day of the procedure by talking me through how the morning would go, helping me get settled and setting up my IV, and answering all my questions. She was warm and helpful and I felt like I was in good hands.
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. They go above and beyond to make their patients feel safe and cared for. The doctors know that many people are going through a difficult situation and want to make this part of the process as easy as possible so that the fertility treatment doesn't add to the stress. The clinic had two locations, one in San Francisco and one in Palo Alto. This was extremely helpful for me, since I live in San Francisco and commute down to the South Bay, and I could go to either clinic on any given day. This made the whole process so easy for me. I don't have any negative things to say about the clinic.
San Francisco

Dr. Kort is extremely personable, friendly, helpful, an insightful. He's always available to answer questions and is quick to respond with thorough and clear explanations. He's thoughtful, empathetic and by far the most supportive doctor we've worked with throughout this process. ... He's been extremely informative in counseling us through the process, acting as an invaluable educator and sounding board for each decision along the way. He's friendly, warm, personable, and extremely knowledgeable about his practice.
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Kort. He's been extremely informative in counseling us through the process, acting as an invaluable educator and sounding board for each decision along the way. He's friendly, warm, personable, and extremely knowledgeable about his practice. My wife and I trust him immensely and would recommend him and his practice highly.
Be open and honest, you're in great hands!
Luciana is wonderful. She's kind, quickly responsive, compassionate and great at explaining the process. We were in great hands with Luciana.
I absolutely loved the attentiveness and warmth of care at RMA. Having done our prior cycles at UCSF, it was an amazing shift going from what felt like one of thousands of patients in a machine to a clinic that was extremely focused on our experience. It was amazing how much time we had with Dr. Kort, who was constantly in contact with us and available for questions. The whole staff was impressively accessible, informative, and compassionate.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Kort sat down with me for almost an hour and reviewed my treatment plan and answered all the questions in the world. It was amazing. He was thoughtful, incredibly smart, and kind...It was so easy to schedule, he made himself available for personal contact and questions after the consult, and I can't wait to work with him more. (And seriously, who can say that about IVF?)...Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I've recommended him already to my other three friends doing IVF right now. It was so easy to schedule, he made himself available for personal contact and questions after the consult, and I can't wait to work with him more. (And seriously, who can say that about IVF?)
You're so lucky! Relax and he'll take care of the rest!
Nurses were very kind and engaging. I loved visiting with them. Blood draws were quick, painless, and timely.
Scheduling is very easy. Front desk is very responsive and helpful. Parking is easy. Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email. No weaknesses come to mind! Everyone has been very kind, and I look forward to working with them more.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He has been very informative and understanding. Dr. Kort has communicated extremely well with me even after our consultation. He has never sugar coated information to tell me what I want to hear, but was able to talk about options that could realistically help us to conceive through IVF. ... Dr. Kort was very kind and compassionate. He took the time to answer all of our questions during the consultation, and made us feel heard.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I was seen in the Palo Alto Clinic for our consultation. It was a very clean and welcoming environment. The Palo Alto location has more limited hours compared the SF clinic. They do monitoring at both locations, however to my understanding all procedures are done at the SF location.
Egg retrieval costs (including ICSI): $14,000 without medication
Silicon Valley

Dr. Kort is an amazing professional. We felt extremely well taken care off by him...empathetic, and extremely communicative. All the qualities you want in your fertility doctor...is accommodating and is invested in the success of each patient. I always felt like I was the most important person in his care, even though he has seen many many patients on a daily basis. I really appreciate the transparency and ability to have 24/7 access to him and his staff. No questions were left unanswered during the time we were in his care.
Dr. Kort is accommodating and is invested in the success of each patient. I always felt like I was the most important person in his care, even though he has seen many many patients on a daily basis. I really appreciate the transparency and ability to have 24/7 access to him and his staff. No questions were left unanswered during the time we were in his care.
Trust the process and don’t hesitate to ask questions.
Dr. Kort is an amazing professional. We felt extremely well taken care off by him and clinic’s staff. He is carrying, empathetic, and extremely communicative. All the qualities you want in your fertility doctor.
Standard protocol with egg retrieval. I went on vacation 3-days after retrieval with almost no down-time. We did pre-transfer ultrasound that resulted in extra procedure that pushed back transfer day by a week. Standard pre-transfer treatment with subsequent regime after confirmed pregnancy.
Amazing!!! Such an outstanding team - the best I’ve ever encountered in the medical field. Very empathetic and compassionate.
Amazing location if you live in SF. Superb access to public transportation and very convenient ultrasound hours (6-8am). Staff is very accommodating and I almost never waited for more than 20m. The clinic is new with modern design and amenities.