Medical SchoolAutonomous U of Mex
FellowshipHosp U Pa
302 University Blvd.
Round Rock, TX 78665
512-509-0200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jose F. Pliego to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 52%Neutral: 48%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Scott & White to a friend?
2013
[Dr. Jose Pliego's] protocol was clomid and times intercourse. When that failed, we did the Hsg after 3 cycles. Once I was pregnant on the fourth cycle, he monitored my levels and added progesterone... was such a warm and friendly doctor. I always understood everything I was to do and he never made me feel dumb...If I had a worry or question, Dr. Pliego would make sure I got my answers and eliminated any fear I had. He even related his personal experiences with his wife to mine which gave me great comfort
2013
How was your experience with Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
I was treated as a patient who needed kind care. If I had a worry or question, Dr. Pliego would make sure I got my answers and eliminated any fear I had. He even related his personal experiences with his wife to mine which gave me great comfort
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
You've picked the right doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
Dr. Pliego was such a warm and friendly doctor. I always understood everything I was to do and he never made me feel dumb
Describe the protocols Jose F. Pliego used in your cycles at Scott & White and their degree of success.
It's been several years but if I remember correctly, his protocol was clomid and times intercourse. When that failed, we did the Hsg after 3 cycles. Once I was pregnant on the fourth cycle, he monitored my levels and added progesterone.
The main nurse was amazing! She was pregnant, but never made me feel uncomfortable or sad that I wasn't yet
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
I never waited long to get in, I got appointments when I needed and the clinic was always clean. It's a beautiful facility. I love how it's connected to the hospital, so even if your doctor is delivering a baby, your appt shouldn't need to be cancelled
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White.
My care was covered under just a copay. Myeds were only $5 too
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I have had a mostly good experience with [Dr. Jose Pliego]. I see him in the Round Rock office of BSW, and he also practices at the Temple BSW. I feel he listens to me and is always willing to take my ideas and wants into account for treatment...Clomid 50mg, 3 cycles Clomid 50mg, 3 cycles Femara 5mg, 3 cycles Currently prepping for mini IVF cycle
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
I have had a mostly good experience with Dr. Pliego. I see him in the Round Rock office of BSW, and he also practices at the Temple BSW. I feel he listens to me and is always willing to take my ideas and wants into account for treatment.
Ask for what you want
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White.
I love the nurses at the Round Rock office, and Kimberly who answers the MyChart messages.
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
Great clinic! The only downside is it’s a primarily ObGyn clinic with one fertility doc (RE), so mostly you’re sitting in the waiting room with pregnant women. I’ve never been to a strictly fertility clinic, so I don’t have a good comparison.
Inexpensive with insurance, until we got to ART. Then the clinic offered reasonable cash rates for ART procedures.
What specific things went wrong at Scott & White?
Temple
He [Dr. Pliego] helped us decide what next steps to take (while leaving the final decisions up to us). He answered our questions and was very knowledgeable. He adjusted the treatment plans when needed. I felt confident that I could trust his judgment...Great bedside manner. I felt like he really cared about our situation...Trust Dr Pliego. Always insist that the nurses and staff ask his opinion when calling with questions...
How was your experience with Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
He helped us decide what next steps to take (while leaving the final decisions up to us). He answered our questions and was very knowledgeable. He adjusted the treatment plans when needed. I felt confident that I could trust his judgment.
Great bedside manner. I felt like he really cared about our situation.
I did not trust the nurse who handled the messages. Several times, her answers to my questions did not seem right, so I asked her to please ask the Dr. His answer was completely different than hers. This happened on more than one occasion.
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
Scheduling was pretty easy most times. Wait times were not long. Communication (calling me back with important information) was not their strong suit.
Initial consult including ultrasound and blood tests -$500 Follow up consult- $175 Semen analysis -$140 Clomid/Femara cycle with 1 ultrasound -$500 IUI with 1 monitoring appt -$800
What specific things went wrong at Scott & White?