Nurse available by email
FellowshipMass Gen Hosp
9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joseph Doyle to a friend?

5.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
2017 - 2019
7 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
As we transitioned from iui to ivf to reciprocal ivf we got to know him [Dr. Jospeh Doyle] more. He tries to do our procedures when possible. Says hi and comments on our cycle when we see him in the hallway.... Natural iui, 3 cycles. Medicated iui with clomid 3 cycles upping dose each time. 1 iui with clomid and gonal f. One ivf microdose lupron, had 6 embryos, but nothing made it to blast. 2nd ivf did estrogen priming. Had 16 eggs retrieved nothing made it to blastocyst, but transferred 2 that were almost blastocysts. 3rd ivf did lupron stop protocol. Had best response yet. 18 eggs retrieved. 2 made it to blastocyst. Had freeze all due to higher prpgesterone. Switched to reciprocal ivf. First retrieval for my wife was estrogen priming. Had 8 eggs retrieved. 3 fertilized and 3 made it to blastocyst. Preparing for my wife’s second retrieval in the coming months. Planning lupron stop.
2017 - 2019
7 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is very personable and knows us as patients. He is kind and compassionate. Serious, but also has a sense of humor. We appreciate that he has done many of our procedures. He calls after procedures and after big tests like beta tests.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Let him know what youbare thinking. Ask for his opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Felt like numbers in the beginning. As we transitioned from iui to ivf to reciprocal ivf we got to know him more. He tries to do our procedures when possible. Says hi and comments on our cycle when we see him in the hallway. He really treats us as humans.
Describe the protocols Joseph Doyle used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Efrat “Effie” Inbar)
Effie is a wonderful nurse and great communicator. We started with her on our 9th cycle of treatment. Our first nurse was Alana. Her comminication was lacking.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It is a large clinic. Sometimes it feels like a factory, however the staff knows you and interacts with you pn a human level. No one talks in the waiting room. The medical assistants are very personable. The nurse practitioners in monitoring are great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe Joseph Doyle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He discussed eset in the beginning. After nothing made it to blast in first and second cycles transferred 2 in 2nd and 3rd cycles-because they weren’t blasts on 2nd and because I was 38 for the 3rd cycle.
Rockville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
I honestly cant rave enough about Dr Doyle. He is the only reason i'll more than likely try again with Shady Grove. one our first try, i barely responded to the meds, eventually i showed about 3 -5 eggs and while most doctors wouldve cancelled, he believed that my age and my physical condition would result in two or three great embryos and Alas! we ended up getting 3 eggs and two made it to day 5. Unfortunately i had to have an emergency C section to save my little boy at 25 weeks and he stayed with us a day before getting called to heaven. Dr Doyle was as affected by it as we were, two years later and he still calls to check in on us. He really is the best!
Be Open, discuss as much as you can. Ask questions when you dont know. He goes out of his way to explain everything and will whip out a pen and draw on a pad if need be! utilize his time and expertise.
My first time using the practice the staff was great , however i changed nurses twice and that made things somewat sensitive. i had to do alot of follow ups with the new Nurse , she might have been a newbie in the business. Dr Doyle however, is a true gem, straightforward, optimistic and empathetic. My second go around from start to end i felt like a number, my details were getting mixed up, call ins, scheduling, dr visits , everything was very clinical and this is on the staff side NOT Dr Doyle. towards the end of my second go Doyle called not just to apologize for the frustrations i'd gone through with miscommunication from the front desk on insurance coverage, he occasionally called also just to check in.
Memory fails me but if i remember correctly it was - Birth control Pills - Gonal F 150 then increased to 300 because i was a low responder - Menopur 25 or 50 and HCG. Both times were same protocol. However he would prefer to try something different when i go back because my LH levels are very high and he doesnt think starting with birth controls will be ideal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Efrat Inbar)
My Last primary Nurse Effie was great, responsive and detailed. I got the feeling they were on top of things. The Nurse before her - i forget her name wasnt soo great and it was a relief when she eventually left the practice- she was terribly forgetful, couldnt remember my name to save her life! - not that it matters to me - i like results not pleasantries, but IVF is such a sensitive time i think every bit of being personable helps
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths - The Best in the area! top notch , great facility Weakness - You do eventually start to feel like a number. If you care about being cuddles somewhat it'll irk you. if like me you just want the best results, you'll remind yourself its only for a little bit of time
Well oiled machine for the most part I preferred to go very early because of work , but i believe they are flexible
It was fairly reasonable with insurance coverage. There was an initial deposit of about 3500 and majority of the procedure was covered at the time- Out of pocket i want to say in total was about 5000 -6000 for IVF, Medications, HSG tests, ICSI(about $1200 or so ), Transfer. Embryo storage was 1600 initial deposit and 800 Yearly!
Doyle's preference is single embryo transfer, he will not only lecture you oon the perils of multiples, but will have you sign a disclosure that you were educated on the potential issues. Since eqq quality for me is not an issue, ive not yet needed to ask for more than one transfer.

How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Doyle is the most caring and attentive doctor I have ever met, not just fertility wise. His knowledge and compassion are so greatly valued during this difficult time. Dr.Doyle makes my husband and me feel respected, heard, and cared for. He is honest and proactive. I truly feel that he is able to help us and that he is rooting for us.
Infertility is so hard. Ask questions and kindly address your concerns. Dr. Doyle is a very good communicator and he will talk through any concern you might have. Speak up.
Dr. Doyle is our end-game. We have male factor infertility and were referred to Shady Grove's reproductive urologist. After Dr. Doyle identified that our issue was male factor and referred us, it was unfortunately made clear that we would be on the long road. My husband's treatment will be about a year long from start until finish, and only then will Dr. Doyle and IVF/ICSI be on the table, but what makes Dr. Doyle so great is that he is on board for every milestone we go through with the RU. In fact, during my husband's treatment often the RU will leave voicemails for my husband and will not try to contact me (grrr) and Dr. Doyle will follow up with me when he sees the results even though he was not involved in the treatment. It makes me so confident that once we are eligible for IVF Dr. Doyle will be our champion. We are so thankful to have him be a part of this whole journey, and we are lucky that he is dedicated enough to care about our treatment even when he is not directly involved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alana)
Informative, thorough, good communicator, caring, effective, teammate
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Great facility. It is clean and new-looking. I have never once gotten the medical heeby-jeebies from any of our treatments. They even have a pharmacy on location. The services they offer are all able to be handled in one place. It is great that both my care and my husband's care is able to be addressed in one location. It works like a well oiled machine without having the mass produced factory vibe.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Doyle was very caring, however the practice was so large that I often felt like a number when interacting with everyone else there, which was more often than not... knowledgeable. I wish I’d seen him for every appointment...Definitely do not hesitate to work with him if you’ve already decided to go with Shady Grove Fertility...The first HSG that they did, they pushed the dye too hard and my right tube spasmed shut, making it look like a blockage. As a result we canceled two cycles because they thought I was ovulating on the side with a blockage. Even though there wasn’t one. They still made me pay the full amount for both cycles.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Doyle was wonderful! He was very caring and knowledgeable. I wish I’d seen him for every appointment. I actually know several women with “Docor Doyle babies!” Definitely do not hesitate to work with him if you’ve already decided to go with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The final nurse I worked with, Effie, Was really amazing. She was very compassionate and organized. The reason for the low readings in this area, though, or that I worked with about eight different nurses in the course of my treatment with Dr. Doyle. Some were very good at their jobs, others were not, but there was always a lot of turnover and often they were issues with the handoffs.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They have a lot of resources, great office hours, and a large staff so that you don’t run into issues with appointment availability or service. However, they can make you feel like a number given the size of the operation. They also often forgot about my tubal blockage diagnosis, and told me to go ahead with cycles that should’ve been canceled because I was ovulating on the wrong side. I was also very frustrated that The team who performed my first HSG pushed the die so hard that it caused one of my tubes to spasm shots, mimicking a tube of blockage when they’re actually wasn’t one. I wish the clinic had offered a refund for the two cycles that should not have been canceled as a result of their error.
$1,800 per IUI.
Rockville

I then moved on to a medicated protocol [with Dr. Joseph Doyle] with a low dose of clomid, ovidrel trigger shot and progesterone support after IUI. I really liked this approach as it was aggressive by using the progesterone support, but used a low dose of clomid to reduce the chance of multiples. I only ovulated 2 eggs during that cycle and one was fertilized! I was able to have a healthy pregnancy. I also really liked that there were two ultrasounds early on at 5.5 and 7.5 weeks where I saw a heartbeat and could relax as the risk of miscarriage went down.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
I felt Dr. Doyle really listened to what I wanted and tailored my care to what I was comfortable with. I wanted a semi-conservative approach seeing as I was over 35 but not diagnosed with any fertility problems. We worked together to come up with a plan that we were both comfortable with and were confident would get me pregnant.
Be honest about what you want and your timeline. Make sure you explain your worries so he can give you the best information to set your mind at ease.
Dr. Doyle remembered me every time I went in, listened to my concerns carefully and addressed each one. We even exchanged hiking trail information because we had a common interest.
I did not want to be too aggressive with my treatment as I was seeking to get pregnant as a single woman over 35 with no known fertility problems. We had screening of hormones an antral follicle count and HSG to confirm everything was looking good. With that confirmation we decided on 2-3 natural IUI cycles and if that didn't work we would move on to a medicated cycle. I did three natural IUI cycles (the last two where my ovulation was confirmed at the lab with blood tests) but they were unsuccessful. I then moved on to a medicated protocol with a low dose of clomid, ovidrel trigger shot and progesterone support after IUI. I really liked this approach as it was aggressive by using the progesterone support, but used a low dose of clomid to reduce the chance of multiples. I only ovulated 2 eggs during that cycle and one was fertilized! I was able to have a healthy pregnancy. I also really liked that there were two ultrasounds early on at 5.5 and 7.5 weeks where I saw a heartbeat and could relax as the risk of miscarriage went down.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Effie)
I found having a care nurse who was responsive was very important. She communicated with me very clearly and was usually very prompt in returning emails within a day and phone calls as well. She was friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I think the clinic's strength is that they have everything on site. It is a one stop shop for all screening and procedures. Because it is a busy place it can kind of feel like a factory a bit since there are so many people moving through the same procedures as you. However I found all of the nurses and doctors to be extremely friendly when it came time for a test or procedure. Just be prepared to not feel like the one and only client at the clinic.
Each unmedicated IUI cycle was about 300-800$ depending on ovulation monitoring. The medicated cycle was a flat fee of $1800 plus medication.
Rockville

Dr. [Joseph] Doyle is great and explains things well but in the end you speak to his nurse more than him. I would still return to him because he had a great sense of humor and when he felt that we were losing hope he did personally do one of the IUI procedures. I would and will be more insistent in communicating with him directly....Sheila and Jessica were Dr. Doyle's nurse and assistant. Both were on top of my treatment and would always be compassionate when they had to deliver bad news. I appreciated that.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
My husband and I attended a seminar held by Dr. Doyle. He was so nice and explained IUI and IVF clearly. We had 2 appointments with him and he did one of the IUI procedures. I felt completely comfortable with him but unfortunately there has been no success. He did warn us that nothing was guaranteed. We are now taking a break from treatment just to clear our heads. My only real issue with the facility were some of the nurses. Dr. Doyle's nurse Sheila was great but some of the others were cold and not as friendly.
Dr. Doyle is great and explains things well but in the end you speak to his nurse more than him. I would still return to him because he had a great sense of humor and when he felt that we were losing hope he did personally do one of the IUI procedures. I would and will be more insistent in communicating with him directly.
I loved Dr. Doyle and his nurse Sheila. Some of the other nurses and staff were just cold and not always friendly.
All of our tests were negative. We had unexplained infertility. Since we had nothing diagnosed as being "wrong" Dr. Doyle suggested we try IUI first since my insurance covered six cycles. Even though they were not successful I'm glad we tried it so we can be prepared for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sheila O.)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strength was the amount of success stories and their reputation. I never had to wait too long for an appointment and they were very responsive to emails and calls. A weakness was that it did, at times, feel like a factory.
Rockville

He’s [Dr. Doyle] very involved with your care. There was a time he even called me late in the evening to discuss my upcoming transfer. He truly cares about you and your overall health. ... Every experience I’ve had from the consult to fresh transfer to as recent of my FET this past June has been great. ... He’s great at communicating and answering any questions you may have.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
I honestly have no complaints of Dr. Doyle! Every experience I’ve had from the consult to fresh transfer to as recent of my FET this past June has been great. I would recommend him to anyone. He’s great at communicating and answering any questions you may have.
Go in with an open mind!
He’s very involved with your care. There was a time he even called me late in the evening to discuss my upcoming transfer. He truly cares about you and your overall health.
For my stims prior to egg retrieval I was on Menopur, Follistim and Ganarelix all subucanious injections. After I was on Estrace and Endometrin. I had a 5 day transfer and once my beta came back positive I had to continue the progesterone until 10 weeks. For my FET cycle it was less medication. I was on Estrace and Endmetrin but also had to do an intramuscular injection of progesterone in oil. Which all medication continued until my beta. Once my beta came back negative I stopped all medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Concetta)
I really only had communication with my nurse to discuss my protocol or any changes.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The only thing I felt as though was an issue is there seemed to be a high turnover of my nurses. I could start with one and have 2 more by the time I’m done my cycle. For what reason I don’t know. I think it would be a better experience if you had the same nurse during your whole cycle.
He prefers to transfer a single embryo instead of multiples to ensure an overall healthy pregnancy and safe embryo.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Doyle had a good beside manner and has been responsive to our concerns and questions. ... He has made changes to our protocol from another clinic based on our input and results ... using autoimmune protocol, injectable progesterone. using known donor eggs. ... He was optimistic about our chances, provided updates to our protocol and was reassuring. ... Be candid and ask as many questions as you can when you see him
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Doyle had a good beside manner and has been responsive to our concerns and questions. We hope to have good results under his care. He has made changes to our protocol from another clinic based on our input and results
Be candid and ask as many questions as you can when you see him
He was optimistic about our chances, provided updates to our protocol and was reassuring. His clinical staff has been responsive to our concerns and questions, explaining reasoning for medical decision making.
using autoimmune protocol, injectable progesterone. using known donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vivian Oseni)
Our nurse and care coordinator have been very responsive. they are attentive to our scheduling and financial concerns and have been accommodating. they have helped us when we have issues with financial staff and helped coordinate all of our appointments and payments.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is a leader in the field, but there are times where you are not an individual, but a client. they have so many patients under their care that they can deliver results and use science based protocols, yet can be lacking in personal touches smaller clinics can provide.
we are using a shared risk model, which increases costs but provides us with money back guarantee

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Doyle took a lot of time to meet with my husband and I prior to us selecting the clinic. He has also met with me and called me to answer additional questions....Dr. Doyle is a good and clear communicator. He backed up his recommendations and plans with data and research to explain what he was thinking and why. He took time to call me when I had additional questions. He ensure we were comfortable with the plan.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be prepared and come with a lot of questions in mind.
Dr. Doyle has recommended a my use of estradiol and injectable progesterone to prepare for transfer. I will also use an autoimmune protocol with prednisone.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
SG is a power house in the world of fertility. They do a lot of research and have many patients. Because of this results-oriented approach, you do not get the same level of personalization and attention as you would at a smaller clinic. We decided to proceed with SG because of their results and also because of their shared risk program, which is very unique.
We paid to complete a shared risk with donor eggs program which costs about $30,000 not including medications but comes with a guarantee.

1 IUI, Donor Eggs
Dr Doyle is absolutely amazing as a doctor and a person!!!! He really cares about his patients and he was always there for me when I needed him!... Dr Doyle is mild-mannered, friendly, carrying, informative, accomadating and more... He is always there for me! If I was not sure about something! ... I don't remember the first one but the second is called the Antagonist-Vivelle Protocol.
1 IUI, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Doyle is mild-mannered, friendly, carrying, informative, accomadating and more.... :) He is always there for me! If I was not sure about something! If I was unhappy with the nurse because she wasn't responding to my voicemails & emails! If I was too scared!
Trust him! He's absolutely amazing!!!
Dr Doyle is absolutely amazing as a doctor and a person!!!! He really cares about his patients and he was always there for me when I needed him! :) Now the nurses & staff on the other hand are not so friendly & flexible... We are all just a number in a very busy day for most people working at Shady Grove, Rockville!!! It's so upsetting to be going through all the stress & hormonal shots and to be dealing with inconsiderate people... :(
I don't remember the first one but the second is called the Antagonist-Vivelle Protocol. It's slightly different from the first one
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I've had 5 different nurses since last year! Non of them worth remembering!! :()
I was just a number for most of them! They were professionally kind of polite but too busy to really pay enough attention to my case or me!!! :(
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Nice, clean and modern building with state of the art medical equipment!
Around $35,000 for two IVF cycles or a pregnancy
For my age he strongly recommended a single transfer!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Doyle was straight forward, explained my diagnosis, treatment options, which to try in what orders, and what to expect if one didn't work versus the time frame of when to move to the next. He was very compassionate and knowledgeable....He loved having all my records to review and is definitely a provider who like to review everything in detail to ensure all basic workup has been done....Communication was awesome between all departments...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Bring or have medical records sent in advance! He loved having all my records to review and is definitely a provider who like to review everything in detail to ensure all basic workup has been done.
Communication was awesome between all departments, I received a follow up call to ask if I received everything I needed, and had a nurse I could communicate with via email when needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Very responsive to emails and communicated well. Called me multiple times to check on me and make sure I was okay or needed follow up appointments. Was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions effectively.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
VERY ORGANIZED. I received folders from the nurse with my treatment plan and schedules and a folder from the financial counselors with price estimates and also a point of contact to email with questions in regards to treatments and policies to review my insurance. Fair wait times and very clean and organized facilities.
Did not seek this option with this physician.
Rockville

Dr. Doyle is very personable. He is kind and cares about his patients. He made a point to call when I had a chemical pregnancy and when I got pregnant came to every ultrasound until I was discharged to my OB. He has great energy and is very positive.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
I have recommended Dr. Doyle to a friend and would absolutely return to him if needed. Our experience with Dr. Doyle was great. He is compassionate and has empathy for his patients. He is determined to get his patients pregnant as soon and safely as possible. I think very highly of Dr. Doyle and am so glad that he was my doctor.
You are in good hands with Dr. Doyle.
We did 3 rounds of timed intercourse starting with Letrazole and ended with Follistim. I had previously taken Clomid for 2 cycles with my gynecologist. I did not ovulate on my own. My lining was thin on Letrazole so we switched to Follistim for the third cycle which greatly improved my lining. I also used an Ovidrel trigger, progesterone and estradiol suppositories each cycle.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove was very efficient. I was impressed with how organized they were and helped you through every aspect from financial to nursing to pharmacy for medications.
I paid a copay each visit and paid for most of my medications out of pocket.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Doyle] was unable to do our egg retrieval and was very apologetic and disappointed to not be able to perform this procedure on his patient. He called and followed up with us that same day. He is a very up-beat individual.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Doyle was very personable. He was patient, answering all of our questions in a way we could understand. He also took time to call us with our results and answer our questions. He was unable to do our egg retrieval and was very apologetic and disappointed to not be able to perform this procedure on his patient. He called and followed up with us that same day. He is a very up-beat individual.
Everyone was very nice and genuinely cared about every patient that was there. We were all greeted promptly and with a smile. Staff would say hi, and make small talk.