Strongly recommend: 68%Neutral: 32%9

9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. [Joseph] Doyle is great and explains things well but in the end you speak to his nurse more than him. I would still return to him because he had a great sense of humor and when he felt that we were losing hope he did personally do one of the IUI procedures. I would and will be more insistent in communicating with him directly....Sheila and Jessica were Dr. Doyle's nurse and assistant. Both were on top of my treatment and would always be compassionate when they had to deliver bad news. I appreciated that.
Strength was the amount of success stories and their reputation. I never had to wait too long for an appointment and they were very responsive to emails and calls. A weakness was that it did, at times, feel like a factory.We are now taking a break from treatment just to clear our heads. My only real issue with the facility were some of the nurses. Dr. Doyle's nurse Sheila was great but some of the others were cold and not as friendly.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
My husband and I attended a seminar held by Dr. Doyle. He was so nice and explained IUI and IVF clearly. We had 2 appointments with him and he did one of the IUI procedures. I felt completely comfortable with him but unfortunately there has been no success. He did warn us that nothing was guaranteed. We are now taking a break from treatment just to clear our heads. My only real issue with the facility were some of the nurses. Dr. Doyle's nurse Sheila was great but some of the others were cold and not as friendly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Doyle is great and explains things well but in the end you speak to his nurse more than him. I would still return to him because he had a great sense of humor and when he felt that we were losing hope he did personally do one of the IUI procedures. I would and will be more insistent in communicating with him directly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
I loved Dr. Doyle and his nurse Sheila. Some of the other nurses and staff were just cold and not always friendly.
Describe the protocols Joseph Doyle used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
All of our tests were negative. We had unexplained infertility. Since we had nothing diagnosed as being "wrong" Dr. Doyle suggested we try IUI first since my insurance covered six cycles. Even though they were not successful I'm glad we tried it so we can be prepared for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sheila O.)
Rockville

Dr. Doyle had a good beside manner and has been responsive to our concerns and questions. ... He has made changes to our protocol from another clinic based on our input and results ... using autoimmune protocol, injectable progesterone. using known donor eggs. ... He was optimistic about our chances, provided updates to our protocol and was reassuring. ... Be candid and ask as many questions as you can when you see him
Our nurse and care coordinator [Shady Grove Fertility] have been very responsive. they are attentive to our scheduling and financial concerns and have been accommodating. they have helped us when we have issues with financial staff and helped coordinate all of our appointments and payments. ... The financial staff has been slow to respond to our concerns. ... they have so many patients under their care that they can deliver results and use science based protocols, yet can be lacking in personal touches smaller clinics can provide.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Doyle had a good beside manner and has been responsive to our concerns and questions. We hope to have good results under his care. He has made changes to our protocol from another clinic based on our input and results
Be candid and ask as many questions as you can when you see him
He was optimistic about our chances, provided updates to our protocol and was reassuring. His clinical staff has been responsive to our concerns and questions, explaining reasoning for medical decision making.
using autoimmune protocol, injectable progesterone. using known donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vivian Oseni)
Our nurse and care coordinator have been very responsive. they are attentive to our scheduling and financial concerns and have been accommodating. they have helped us when we have issues with financial staff and helped coordinate all of our appointments and payments.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is a leader in the field, but there are times where you are not an individual, but a client. they have so many patients under their care that they can deliver results and use science based protocols, yet can be lacking in personal touches smaller clinics can provide.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility.
we are using a shared risk model, which increases costs but provides us with money back guarantee
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The financial staff has been slow to respond to our concerns. They have failed to provide us with timelines of when payment will be due, making it hard to financially plan.
Rockville
Dr. Doyle took a lot of time to meet with my husband and I prior to us selecting the clinic. He has also met with me and called me to answer additional questions....Dr. Doyle is a good and clear communicator. He backed up his recommendations and plans with data and research to explain what he was thinking and why. He took time to call me when I had additional questions. He ensure we were comfortable with the plan.
SG [Shady Grove] is a power house in the world of fertility....Really, all concerns relate to the financial department and a lack of communication there...We decided to proceed with SG because of their results and also because of their shared risk program, which is very unique...Because of this results-oriented approach, you do not get the same level of personalization and attention as you would at a smaller clinic.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be prepared and come with a lot of questions in mind.
Dr. Doyle has recommended a my use of estradiol and injectable progesterone to prepare for transfer. I will also use an autoimmune protocol with prednisone.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
SG is a power house in the world of fertility. They do a lot of research and have many patients. Because of this results-oriented approach, you do not get the same level of personalization and attention as you would at a smaller clinic. We decided to proceed with SG because of their results and also because of their shared risk program, which is very unique.
We paid to complete a shared risk with donor eggs program which costs about $30,000 not including medications but comes with a guarantee.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Really, all concerns relate to the financial department and a lack of communication there. I felt like we had to be really on top of them in order to give them a lot of money. This shouldn't be the feeling and primary stressor during this process.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr.Doyle was open to feedback and was very kind and supportive. I enjoy working with him and his team, they work well together and make sure that I have everything that I need...He is communicative, would call me personally to check in...asks for my opinions/feedback...If you're not sure, ask questions, he will answer them. Advocate for yourself and do your own research...I also think that they sometimes thought I knew or understood terms during the beginning, so I would encourage people to ask questions and do your own research. I ended up working with a number of doctors, which can be off putting; so again make sure you ask them questions so you know what is going on.
Sometimes the wait is extremely long [at Shady Grove Fertility]. I also think that they sometimes thought I knew or understood terms during the beginning, so I would encourage people to ask questions and do your own research. I ended up working with a number of doctors, which can be off putting; so again make sure you ask them questions so you know what is going on...Dr.Doyle was open to feedback and was very kind and supportive. I enjoy working with him and his team, they work well together and make sure that I have everything that I need...He is communicative, would call me personally to check in...asks for my opinions/feedback...If you're not sure, ask questions, he will answer them. Advocate for yourself and do your own research...I also thi
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is communicative, would call me personally to check in. Dr.Doyle was open to feedback and was very kind and supportive. I enjoy working with him and his team, they work well together and make sure that I have everything that I need.
He is very communicative and asks for my opinions/feedback.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Sometimes the wait is extremely long. I also think that they sometimes thought I knew or understood terms during the beginning, so I would encourage people to ask questions and do your own research. I ended up working with a number of doctors, which can be off putting; so again make sure you ask them questions so you know what is going on.
Copays and out of pocket for egg freezing.