6.9

Joseph Garza works at

18707 Hardy Oak
San Antonio, TX 78258

2017, Unknown Success
Dr Garza has been doing this a long time. It shows in his knowledge. He can sometimes be soft spoken but always makes me feel comfortable. What I like best is his willingness to try the next thing when I didn't respond to treatments.... I did 3 rounds of clomid. The first round I missed my progresterone test to tell if I ovulated. When I went in they did an ultrasound and found a few cysts. They recommended a month of birth control to clear the cysts. The next month I had to redo the loswest dosage of clomid Because it hadn't been confirmed with the day 21 test that I had ovulated. I got a 7.5 on my progresterone test that month. I was told it was ovulation but they wanted to see stronger number. They doubled the dosage (100mg) but my test showed a 0so absolutely no ovulation. My scan showed a very large (7cm) cyst on my left ovary and they became more concerned about a smallish fibroid on my uterus. Again another month of birth control and awaiting laparoscopic surgery to remove the problems and give a better idea of the next steps.
The whole nursing staff [at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio] is awesome. They are understanding and helpful. They don't do unnecessary treatments and are helpful when it comes to financial situations.... Everyone in the clinic seemed to remember you from visit to visit. They remembered details not pertaining to treatment and always answer any questions I have...and it's a lot!
How was your experience with Joseph Garza at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Dr Garza has been doing this a long time. It shows in his knowledge. He can sometimes be soft spoken but always makes me feel comfortable. What I like best is his willingness to try the next thing when I didn't respond to treatments. I am awaiting a surgery to remove a cyst and fibrosis. Dr. Garza feels it is important to do this step and find out if there could be another reason I have not responding to treatments. Whenever I have questions he answers them in detail and without making me feel stupid.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Garza at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Ask lots of questions. He tends to state the fact and be ready to move on. If you ask questions he will answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Garza at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Describe the protocols Joseph Garza used in your cycles at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Pricilla )
The whole nursing staff is awesome. They are understanding and helpful. They don't do unnecessary treatments and are helpful when it comes to financial situations.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The clinic is in a very nice facility. Easy to get to and very near the stone oak medical center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Garza at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Insurance did not cover any of our treatments after diagnosis. I felt it was more affordable than I imagined, around $150-200 per visit depending on if I had an ultasound or not. I felt they were very aware of the cost and did not do testing or labs if there was a more affordable way to do it. I have not yet gotten passed the clomid stage of treatment.
Describe Joseph Garza's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
None
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
He laid out a clear plan and what should be expected. The only complaint is that I wish I could see him more often but I know he has a lot of patients to take care of. Overall, Dr. Garza has been amazing! Dr. Garza has a great bed side manner, he is caring, he takes his time, he gives plenty of opportunities to ask questions, he doesn't pressure me into expensive procedures, he talks to my husband and I like a friend, and is very kind and patient.
...It can be very frustrating. If you have an appointment [at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio] and have to see a nurse they are not good at explaining things and expect you to know everything they know. They have gotten frustrated with my persistence to have things explained but if you are paying them this much money you expect answers. I have left the nurses frustrated and in tears.
Always bring prepared questions with you to the appointments so you don't forget anything. You will probably only see him about once a month in the beginning and he explains things way better than the nurses. Your experience could be different depending on your course of treatment.
Before coming to Dr. Garza I had gone through 2 miscarriages and my OBGYN did not have an explanation. I was already 35 and knew a friend who had success with Dr. Garza. He started off with lots of blood work, for both me and my husband, and tests just to see if everything was okay with us and what he was dealing with. I was diagnosed a month ago with PCOD which is apparently just like PCOS. Two months ago I was given Clomid to raise my Progesterone levels and this past month was Metformin and Clomid. The hormones have affected me some and the Metfomin makes me sick to my stomach and dizzy. I'm supposed to take 2000mg of Metformin a day but I've only been able to work up to 1500mg so far. He advised me to start using an ovulation kit even though ovulation kits say that they don't work for people with PCOS. So after two months of trying we are about to start another month with no luck but I know my body has to adjust to the medication.. Right now I'm scared I won't be able to conceive without using more expensive treatments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The nurses prefer to have all patients use the "patient portal" to communicate and get results. The problem is that they take a really long time to enter test results, medication that has been called in, and to answer questions. The receptionist will urge you to use the portal first before letting you speak to a nurse. Your cycle is so time sensitive and the nurses get to you when they can I suppose. It can be very frustrating. If you have an appointment and have to see a nurse they are not good at explaining things and expect you to know everything they know. They have gotten frustrated with my persistence to have things explained but if you are paying them this much money you expect answers. I have left the nurses frustrated and in tears.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The clinic is very clean, neat, and in a very nice area of town. You can get blood work done in the clinic which is very convenient.
This depends on your insurance and course of treatment. Personally we have spent a little over a thousand dollars. They do have financing options available for expensive treatments.
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
I know blood work results should be in within 24 hours but since they have to enter the information into each patients "portal" it takes about a week to get results. I would just advise you to be persistent about getting the information you need.

2012 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Garza was very nice and experienced. He might not have been as forthcoming as I would have liked. He told me wrong results one time but he made me feel comfortable most of the time. He should have canceled my cycle but didn’t so we got poor results. He does a lot of surgeries or procedures on patients. He was good at answering questions.... My first IUI has nothing but clomid. I had too many follicles so we cancelled cycle, cut it in half, then did the next cycle.
Dr Garza was good but the nursing staff [Advanced Fertility of Center of San Antonio] was terrible. As a patient, you need a warm environment who welcome questions.... One nurse, Cristina, was great. The other nurses were very cold and didn’t smile much.... The nurses gave me conflicting results and information than the doctor. I was having to constantly follow up to verify. They also didn’t put down my appointment one time.
Ask many questions
Dr Garza was very nice and a nurse who is no longer there was very sweet. The rest of the office staff made you feel bad for asking questions and were cold. They told me wrong information on several occasions.
My first IUI has nothing but clomid. I had too many follicles so we cancelled cycle, cut it in half, then did the next cycle. I resulted in an ovarian ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage. My next iui cycle was with clomid and resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The third iui resulted in no pregnancy. My Ivf we used bravelle and menopur. I wasn’t responding to the meds so the cycle should have been cancelled. It wasn’t so we only got 4 eggs and two bad quality embryos.
One nurse, Cristina, was great. The other nurses were very cold and didn’t smile much. They made it uncomfortable for you to ask questions and would actually make me leave holding back tears.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Dr Garza was good but the nursing staff was terrible. As a patient, you need a warm environment who welcome questions. I would try other doctors and see where you find comfort while going through this difficult process. I moved to a different clinic and got a baby boy my first round with them. I felt free to email the doctor directly and she went out of her way to help us.
30k for ivf 2500 for each iui