6.9

Joseph Garza works at

18707 Hardy Oak
San Antonio, TX 78258

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
I felt like a human because Dr Garza sat down and listened to my concerns and answered my questions thoroughly. ... Dr Garza is an intelligent physician with years of experience in RE. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and answer them to the best of his ability. He has a great way of making the situation as comfortable as possible, light-hearted, and has a great sense of humor. At times, he does seem a little rushed, but as a person who also works in medicine, I know where he is coming from.
Weaknesses: long wait times; if you call and ask a question, sometimes they [The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio] don’t respond or respond 1-2 weeks later. ... Strengths: friendly staff, great doctor, nice facilities, free coffee/water while you wait, great ultrasound tech, nice lab ... I sent a message to the nurse to make sure my medication was sent that day as I had called the pharmacy two hours after I left the clinic and it still had not been received.
How was your experience with Joseph Garza at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Garza at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Write your questions down and don’t be afraid to ask!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Garza at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Describe the protocols Joseph Garza used in your cycles at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio and their degree of success.
Dr Garza put me on Clomid days 5-10 for the first cycle to induce ovulation and instructed us to have timed intercourse during our ovulation week. The result was that the medication made me ovulate, but in the end we received a negative pregnancy test. I am currently on my second round of Clomid, cycle day 8 and will be taking my fourth day of Clomid today. Will have an IUI this coming week with Ovidrel as a trigger shot before the procedure.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Nice people, seem rushed at times.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Strengths: friendly staff, great doctor, nice facilities, free coffee/water while you wait, great ultrasound tech, nice lab Weaknesses: long wait times; if you call and ask a question, sometimes they don’t respond or respond 1-2 weeks later.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Garza at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Each visit ranges from $150- $250 as my insurance does not cover fertility. A cycle of IUI costs around $1200.
Describe Joseph Garza's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
I have not discussed this with Dr Garza
What specific things went wrong at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
I sent a message to the nurse to make sure my medication was sent that day as I had called the pharmacy two hours after I left the clinic and it still had not been received. The nurse didn’t respond until almost two weeks later! Luckily, the medication had been sent that day and I was able to start it on the day I was supposed to.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Constantly present for your treatment and excellent bedside manner! Love the way he [Dr. Garza] explains everything to you in detail and will fun and funny jokes! Participates in all aspect of the procedure and care! I would recommend to anyone!... Used a artificial FET and a artificial with cetrotide FET to increase my chances the second transfer. Waited about 2 months after retrieval for first FET
They [Advanced Fertility Ctr] planned everything around my demanding work schedule, that helped me communicate better with both side to make sure everything stayed on target and track for the retrieval or transfer! I appreciate their flexible and weekend hours once you are already going through IVF treatment... We had an early appointment each day scheduled and it was quick, in and out. Sonogram, medications/weight check, blood work, and then call by 3 pm with results otherwise it was all according to your calendar.
Constantly present for your treatment and excellent bedside manner! Love the way he explains everything to you in detail and will fun and funny jokes! Participates in all aspect of the procedure and care! I would recommend to anyone!
Stay calm and follow all the directions! If you don't then that is on you! They guide you through every step!
I know the staff and Dr. very well now and know that they will answer any questions. Any time of the day, I am able to get a hold of them!
Describe your experience with The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
They planned everything around my demanding work schedule, that helped me communicate better with both side to make sure everything stayed on target and track for the retrieval or transfer! I appreciate their flexible and weekend hours once you are already going through IVF treatment
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
There were 3-4 facilities that received payment for your treatment and several part to the treatment plan as well. I was not aware that there were separate parts to consider. I thought the IVF cost included everything but price quoted was just the retrieval at the time. I had no idea that there were additional prices for transfer.
San Antonio
Dr. Garza's first words were there is no vanilla- each pt requires personalized stimulations to supplement their needs...He's the most caring and well informed, compassionate and honestly took time to discuss results until we understood. Spoke with us after clinic hours when we needed it. I've seen other Dr fir fertility fir over 3 years and maybe saw the dr 2-3 times over 8 months of treatment and testing. Dr. Garza was a part of our treatment and was very available if we wanted to discuss our progress.
I felt like I had a connection with Dr Garza and all of his staff. I never felt like a number, my case was very complicated but I always felt like they all were invested as much as I was to be successful....Great communication Compassionate Dr and staff Not treated like a number Longer visits.. but worth it...They're [nurses] the best. Great communication skills , followed through every time- found programs to help that I had never even heard of - considering I had been at other clinics.
Your consult may take time but the amount of information and history he personally takes with you is so eye opening it's incredible. His staff is absolutely outstanding!!
I previously had seen a provider who made it seem as my treatment was cookie cutter and the same fir all patients. Dr. Garza's first words were there is no vanilla- each pt requires personalized stimulations to supplement their needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Arena and michelle )
They're the best. Great communication skills , followed through every time- found programs to help that I had never even heard of - considering I had been at other clinics.
I did 1 iui cycle and 1 IVF cycle. IVF was approx 11,000 plus meds and my PGS
It was a scary thought but the information provided made us completely comfortable with our decision.
San Antonio

Dr. Garza is a very experienced physician in his specialty. He takes the time to explain procedures and the plan of care. When my husband was very skeptical about I've, he came in and sat with him and answered allof his questions and reassure ld him regarding the procedure. He was honest about the statistics regarding ivf.... He recommended ivf with clomid 50mg after an unsuccessful round of clomid with relations. It was unsuccessful, but I did produce two large follicles, which was promising. The next recommendation was IUI with injectables, which was 3,000, and out of our budget.
The clinic [Advanced Fert Ctr] overall is normally very nice and helpful. The sonographer, Veronica was always very sweet and encouraging!... The iui bundle with clomid was 1100 including costs of ultrasounds and associated labs.... Many of the nurses were very nice, sympathetic to my situation, and were able to answer some of my questions. Every once and awhile, I felt like I was just a number with them, but my experiences were mostly good ones overall.
The wait can be long in the office, but he really does take care of his patients when he is in the room.
He was very personal and took time explaining questions that I had thoroughly.
He recommended ivf with clomid 50mg after an unsuccessful round of clomid with relations. It was unsuccessful, but I did produce two large follicles, which was promising. The next recommendation was IUI with injectables, which was 3,000, and out of our budget. We opted to try relations again with clomid 50mg, which was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
I fell that Dr. Garza is a very good and experienced physician, and although there may be a wait to see him, it is worth it. The clinic overall is normally very nice and helpful. The sonographer, Veronica was always very sweet and encouraging!
2012 - 2016, Successful
dr. garza was very thorough and explained everything to me in detail. never seemed rushed, had a sense of humor. Always gave me benefit of the doubt and made sure I was always ok. Dr. Garza was very sensitive when it came to letting me know the side effects or risks...suggested we do one embryo but we decided on 2. He said they were good quality eggs but we just wanted to make sure at least one stuck.
Advanced Fertility if very organized, clean, pretty quiet. Sometimes its very busy but they don't rush you. They are very friendly and care for their patients. I enjoy their office just wish they would have more comfortable chairs...they always referred to me by my first name not last name and always friendly and laughed with me...All the nurses were very organized. During the time of my IVF journey I was in and out of my 7am appt in 30 mins. They were always well prepared, fast and efficient. I came to know everyone really well.
Be patient and it will be worth it in the end. Dr. Garza is one of the best at what he does and glad I didn't give up on him just like he didn't give up on me.
i do not remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Describe your experience with The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Dr. Garza suggested we do one embryo but we decided on 2. He said they were good quality eggs but we just wanted to make sure at least one stuck.
2006 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr.Joseph Garza said he would only implant 2-3 embryos at most per cycle due to high possibility of multiples...took the time to get to know our situation and has been honest with us from the beginning. He has compassion for me & has been trying to help us conceive...always asks about what’s going on in our lives not just about treatments...He’s not only an amazing & caring physician he’s like a friend of ours...
The clinic [The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio] is always clean & feels inviting. Nurses explain thoroughly every detail of each process. We also never wait too long in waiting room to be seen. Everything is there in the office like bloodwork, semen analysis, sonograms etc...We have done many treatments with clomid & ttc naturally in the beginning but Dr. Joseph Garza learned then that I don’t produce the chemical to pop the follicles in order to release the eggs. They turned into cysts & that’s when he realized I needed Ovidrel every cycle in order to be successful in conceiving.
Dr. Joseph Garza always asks about what’s going on in our lives not just about treatments. He’s always asking about our only child & how she’s doing in school. He gives us parental advice on what he’s gone through with his own children. He’s not only an amazing & caring physician he’s like a friend of ours.
Be honest with him & he will in return be completely honest with you even if he has to tell you bad news.
Dr.Joseph took the time to get to know our situation and has been honest with us from the beginning. He has compassion for me & has been trying to help us conceive but our insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatments so it’s been difficult.
The nurses are very caring & compassionate. I feel I’m among friends & family and not just a patient. They know our situation & are always trying to help us in every way they can.
Describe your experience with The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The clinic is always clean & feels inviting. Nurses explain thoroughly every detail of each process. We also never wait too long in waiting room to be seen. Everything is there in the office like bloodwork, semen analysis, sonograms etc.
Our iui was around $1000 dollars, the ovidrel injection was $100 out of pocket. Semen analysis was $140. Our sonogram was $250.

2018, Consult
He [Dr. Joseph Garza] listens to you...is very respectful and listens all my worries about pregnancy loss. This year he recommended IVF as the best treatment to me...Very professional and compassionate about my loss history and recommended a treatment for me. He listens and has realized several tests to determine what is the best course of treatment. I have decided to go to IVF and I'm very positive that we will have a successful outcome under Dr. Garza treatment.
[The nurses at The Advanced Fertility Center of San Antonio are] Very educated and explain very well about treatment...IVF treatment costs would be about $23,000...Very professional and compassionate about my loss history and recommended a treatment for me. He [Dr. Garza] listens and has realized several tests to determine what is the best course of treatment. I have decided to go to IVF and I'm very positive that we will have a successful outcome under Dr. Garza treatment.
He listens to you
Dr. Garza is very respectful and listens all my worries about pregnancy loss. This year he recommended IVF as the best treatment to me. His staff has provided me all the information to decide going through treatment.
I'm scheduled to start treatment on April 2018. Sorry.
Very educated and explain very well about treatment.
IVF treatment costs would be about $23,000