Medical SchoolOhio St
ResidencyU. of Virginia
FellowshipOhio St
3533 Southern Blvd
Kettering, OH 45429
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joseph Karnitis to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kettering Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
2014 - 2018
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Karnitis] always provides positive feedback and information on what he feels we should do next. Always positive and always asked me how I feel on next steps. Very sensitive to my needs and knowing how long I have been trying I can tell he wants this just as bad as we do.... He changed me from Clomid to Femara and the results for me produced a lot of eggs. He said my egg quantity was good it was the quality of them.
2014 - 2018
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine?
He is very personable and very caring. He’s not only just doing his job as a doctor but he makes you feel like more than just a patient. He is also very detailed in everything he does. Of course there were times I felt down during the process especially when a cycle failed but once I left that office I had a smile on my face because of his words of encouragement.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine?
Write down any questions or concerns you have throughout your process and he will for sure answer each and everything for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine?
He always provides positive feedback and information on what he feels we should do next. Always positive and always asked me how I feel on next steps. Very sensitive to my needs and knowing how long I have been trying I can tell he wants this just as bad as we do.
Describe the protocols Joseph Karnitis used in your cycles at Kettering Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
He changed me from Clomid to Femara and the results for me produced a lot of eggs. He said my egg quantity was good it was the quality of them. But with Femara I produced so many eggs we just couldn’t figure out even with the iui why it wasn’t working.
The Nursing staff here have become really good friends to me Like I said earlier there were down times but when I left the office they were hugging me just hoping for the best and that the cycle would work always show compassion and full of love very very friendly group of nurses.
Describe your experience with Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
The only weakness I can talk about is there was one time the ultrasound was way more painful then even. Other than that their strengths are way above this. From their compassion to them being very personable. They really care about you here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
Iui our of pocket for us totaled about $300-400. Oral meds about $20.00 Femara Injections $500-600 Ivf we have not started because all of that would be out of pocket ranging from $8,000-10,000 I believe.
Kettering
Dr. Karnitis has always said we could try more IUI's if I wanted but ultimately I saw saving the money more important than having more IUI's that may not work...He has been very informative and open about when and why we should start IVF... He talks to me like he would his own children which I really appreciate. He is very open with me and my husband as far as, what is going to be in our best interest. He tells me why he thinks one procedure will be better and when we should take a break
Dr. Karnitis is a great doctor. When he was referred to us he was highly recommended and everyone I talked to had nothing but wonderful things to say. Dr. Karnitis is very good at explaining situations, gives the perfect examples to we understand what's going on and he is very open about our situation. He does not sugar coat things, which I don't like when doctors try to dance around a topic. Dr. Karnitis and his team have been so supportive in whatever decision we want to make. Dr. Karnitis also has a ton of experience in his field and I trust him more than any other doctor in this area. Each visit Dr. Karnitis would ask how I'm feeling and would see what either worked or didn't. Then he'll come up with the treatment plan that best suits us. He never pushed us or made me feel forced into making a decision about treatment. I would recommend his office to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
When you get to Dr. Karnitis' office be ready for all your questions to be answered in full detail. Meetings are thorough and his staff explains next steps extremely well. Be prepared to work with a true professional.
During Dr. Karnitis' care I feel very much like a human. He talks to me like he would his own children which I really appreciate. He is very open with me and my husband as far as, what is going to be in our best interest. He tells me why he thinks one procedure will be better and when we should take a break. He has been so great to us throughout our process of trying to have a baby. He has been very informative and open about when and why we should start IVF.
I have been seeing Dr. Karnitis since last year. He was recommended by my OBGYN. During the first visit things seemed grim. Our situation wasn't great but we started at the bottom. We started with Clomid injections with timed intercourse. When that didn't work after 2 rounds, we did Clomid injections with IUI. We did two rounds of that treatment before going back to timed intercourse for two rounds. We are now gearing up for my second round of Lupron and then followed by IVF treatment. The reason we are going in these steps is to help us save money for treatment and also to see what my body could handle. After doing the first few Clomid injections we realized my body was reacting really well to simple treatment. Dr. Karnitis has always said we could try more IUI's if I wanted but ultimately I saw saving the money more important than having more IUI's that may not work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kettering Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Colleen)
Colleen has been wonderful to us during our time at Kettering. She has been incredibly helpful answering all my questions. She takes the time to sit down and talk about what our next steps are. She tells me what Dr. Karnitis seems as the best fit and we make decisions together. I think Colleen is an integral part of why I love Kettering Reproductive Medicine so much.
Describe your experience with Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
I love my clinic is in the building next to Kettering Hospital. This eases my mind that if anything were to go wrong or I needed to seek immediate treatment I could go next door. During one of my IUI's I had some complications and needed to go to the ER. Dr. Karnitis had already called in what was going on and by the time I got there the nurses were ready for me. I think this is a huge benefit to being at the same facility. The facilities waiting room isn't fancy and updated like some newer modern facilities. But I don't look to what a waiting room looks like when I'm seeking treatment.
The cost of treatment is average to what other locations are charging. Each IUI was about $1000. The clomid shots were around $100. My Lupron injections are covered by insurance. IVF treatment is going to be around $15,000.
Describe Joseph Karnitis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
We haven't began IVF treatment yet but he believes if we test our embryo's before we implant them we will have a higher chance of conceiving. He also thinks implanting two embryos, at most, is also a good idea since we are spending so much money we might as well try to guarantee a pregnancy as much as we can.
Kettering
I thought Dr. Karnitits did a great job explaining things and even when things didn’t go as we had hoped he did a great job explaining things on why they didn’t work and what we would do next. I thought his bed side manners were wonderful.... We did clomid for our first round Second round was clomid and iui Third was femara,orvidul shot and iui And fourth was femara,orvidul shot and iui. All resulted in negative pregnancy test
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand something.
The nurses were always simpathetic towards my cycles not working. They always gave me hope that someday it would.
Describe your experience with Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
I thought the clinic was a nice clean place. Everyone was always nice and was always there when I had questions. The clinic was easy to get to and I loved that they had a separate parking lot instead of the parking garage.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
[Dr. Joseph Karnitis is] Very down to earth and explained the best plan of care for my husband and i. Gave us the layout and what the whole process would entail. I am a nurse but he talked to me like a normal patient and explained everything thoroughly...We have been using Clomid and it was stopped due to chocolate cysts I was developing. We were referred to Dr Russel for my husband and have been collaborating for the best treatment
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Would recommend him to my family and friends.
Describe your experience with Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
Left messages on the nurse line and didn’t receive a call back until almost a week later. It wasn’t pertinent but to me it was for the next action in our plan of care. I sent an email and received a response from the practitioner the same day.