Nurse available by email
ResidencyU. of Virginia
FellowshipOhio St
3533 Southern Blvd
Kettering, OH 45429
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joseph Karnitis to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kettering Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Karnitis was the first RE I saw. I had been married a short time, 2 months, however, I have already had my left tube and ovary removed and stage 4 endo. He said my case was going to be on the fast track due to health reasons....To help with my eggs and having the most when we were ready I went on Lupron (which I wouldn't recommend but it saved my eggs so I can't complain too much) and 3 months later we were prepping for our 1st IUI. He told me everything I'd need to do and how this process worked.
Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Joseph Karnitis at SpringCreek Fertility?
Dr. Karnitis was the first RE I saw. I had been married a short time, 2 months, however, I have already had my left tube and ovary removed and stage 4 endo. He said my case was going to be on the fast track due to health reasons. We tried to conceive on our own for 6 months but no results. To help with my eggs and having the most when we were ready I went on Lupron (which I wouldn't recommend but it saved my eggs so I can't complain too much) and 3 months later we were prepping for our 1st IUI. He told me everything I'd need to do and how this process worked. He said I wouldn't feel much but I would know when things were going on. I am really sensitive and Dr. Karnitis is very gentle to make sure I'm not tense during ultrasounds or procedures. After the TWW during this time I was going insane. I genuinely thought I was pregnant and I was so excited. I had symptoms and really got my hopes up, only to be let down. I went back to Dr. K and he said he had a new plan. This was great with me! We did another IUI only this time we didn't do the shot at home we did it at the office with a nurse. I went home and we went back the next morning for round 2. TWW and nothing, just one line and lots of heartbreak. Once we went in again he told me that we'd be wasting money continuing to do IUI's. We stopped treatment in hopes of gathering our thoughts together and having more conversations with Dr. Karnitis. Every time we see him he asks how we're doing and what my thoughts are. We are planning on IVF hopefully by the end of the year.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Karnitis at SpringCreek Fertility?
Be ready to have an initial consult last 2 hours or longer. Dr. Karnitis goes over every detail and answers any and all questions you and your spouse may have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Karnitis at SpringCreek Fertility?
Dr. Karnitis is the one person I trust with my fertility care. I have been with him since hew as at Kettering. Late 2018 I found out he was leaving the practice because it was bough out by UC West Chester. I was not happy because Dr. Karnitis talks to you like you were his own child. He is generally pretty lenient when it comes to patient care and what the couple would like to do. He has never made me feel like I was wasting my time or money on treatment. At times its been hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but he's always reassured me that he won't give up on me. He will be there with me throughout this process and he is very positive that he can help us conceive and carry a child to term! He has never swayed from his positive attitude and I appreciate that a lot!
Describe the protocols Joseph Karnitis used in your cycles at SpringCreek Fertility and their degree of success.
My first protocol was to get an ultrasound to see how things were looking. Next we did clomid 2x with IUI and trying on our own. Break Next Lupron for three months Off to reassess our options and goals Follow Dr. K to Springcreek Ultrasound IVF packet and payment info
The nursing staff is amazing at Springcreek. They talk with you and ask you questions about where you are in your journey. They also ask you for any thoughts or feelings before they get started. The last few times I've gone in the nursing staff has hugged me and consoled me when I found out I didn't have many eggs left. They are so wonderful and i can't wait to continue to work with them further .
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
I love that this clinic has been in our area for 20+ years and their successes and pregnancies are show in their work. I think its important for a couple to know that the staff and the clinic are successful. Given that it's a private clinic be prepared for ultrasounds that are not covered under insurance. I was shocked to know all ultrasounds are $200+, but also relieved when I found out the money goes towards IVF so we really aren't losing anything, just slowing adding money onto our account that goes towards our end goal of having a baby. I love that you can contact them via email to ask questions and a nurse will follow up with you within 24 hours. I think communication between the nurses and the doctors with the patients is another key factor when going through fertility treatment. I think it gets overlooked when communication is good because we tend to focus on the negatives.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Karnitis at SpringCreek Fertility.
So far we've spent a total of $5,000. Our IVF bill is anywhere from $15,000-$25,000 for one round. No guarantees. No refunds.
SpringCreek Fertility
Dayton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joseph Karnitis at SpringCreek Fertility.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He takes care of each patient to the full extent. He makes sure he knows what is going on with each patient and gives them a real idea of what the expectations should be moving forward with treatment. ... He takes the time out of his schedule to explain every question I have or my husband has. ... He is very open about what treatment plan he believes will work best for you as a couple, and I really value that honesty.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
As a patient, I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Karnitis. He takes care of each patient to the full extent. He makes sure he knows what is going on with each patient and gives them a real idea of what the expectations should be moving forward with treatment. Going through the process to get to IVF and now that we are on that path he has been anything short of amazing. He takes the time out of his schedule to explain every question I have or my husband has. He is compassionate and he really pulls for each of his patients to get pregnant on their first try with IVF. He is very open about what treatment plan he believes will work best for you as a couple, and I really value that honesty. His staff is next level great and I am thankful to have them with us as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
Listen to everything he is telling you. This man is wise beyond his years. He knows what to expect in a patient and what could go wrong. He tells you exactly what he thinks is best and he definitely gives you the best care he sees fit. He would not steer a patient wrong and I fully believe in him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
Dr. Karnitis is one of the best, if not the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He goes over every question you have and wants to know what concerns are popping up. He gives accurate, fair and detailed examples of several different scenarios that could happen in a couples cycle. He is the only person I trust with our treatment.
Describe the protocols Joseph Karnitis used in your cycles at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN and their degree of success.
When we first met Dr. Karnitis he wanted to do some ultrasounds and go over my chart to see what he would be working with. He saw my AMH levels were pretty low but wanted to pump my body with Clomid to see if I could create follicles and eggs. We saw a huge increase in production over just one month and decided it would be best to do an IUI. The first and second IUI we did with Dr. Karnitis failed. My tubes are too damaged for the sperm to travel through. The second IUI he changed the way we did my medication a little bit to try to better the outcome of the procedure. Then, after we found out the second IUI didn't work I went on 3 months of Lupron to think about what the next steps would be. I went off Lupron for 3 months to give my body a break and just recently finished my longest streak of Lupron at 6 months. This will hopefully give us the best chance of conceiving a child. I have stage 4 endometriosis and Dr. Karnitis was admimant that I go on Lupron for 6 months to help my system fight the endometriosis and then go into an IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN. (Assigned nurse: Colleen Gedeon)
Colleen has been my favorite nurse to work with. She calls me back the same day I call. She gives us the good and bad news but she also explains why Dr. Karnitis has high expectations. Colleen has been working with my husband and I for two and half years and I couldn't be more grateful for her. She has mapped out everything. Been a shoulder to cry on when the IUI's didn't work and has been our cheerleader as we begin our IVF journey.
Describe your experience with Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
The clinic's strength is the staff. The staff at Kettering Reproductive Medicine are wonderful, friendly and become part of your family. They know exactly what each couple is hoping for and knows that each couple is wanting a child so they do everything in their power to help make that happen. I can't think of any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
The cost associated with Kettering Reproductive Medicine is average from what I've seen. Our IUI's were about $1,200 each not including the clomid. The Clomid was $50-$100. We did two of those. Then we got the cost breakdown for our IVF cycle which estimates that the cost of the IVF cycle would be $9,183 and our medication would be anywhere from $4,000-$6,000.
Describe Joseph Karnitis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
Dr. Karnitis leaves the decision up to the couple but does give his opinion on what he thinks will work best. For us a multiple embryo transfer would be the best route.
Wright State Physicians OB/GYN
Dayton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.

2014 - 2018
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Karnitis] always provides positive feedback and information on what he feels we should do next. Always positive and always asked me how I feel on next steps. Very sensitive to my needs and knowing how long I have been trying I can tell he wants this just as bad as we do.... He changed me from Clomid to Femara and the results for me produced a lot of eggs. He said my egg quantity was good it was the quality of them.
2014 - 2018
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine?
He is very personable and very caring. He’s not only just doing his job as a doctor but he makes you feel like more than just a patient. He is also very detailed in everything he does. Of course there were times I felt down during the process especially when a cycle failed but once I left that office I had a smile on my face because of his words of encouragement.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine?
Write down any questions or concerns you have throughout your process and he will for sure answer each and everything for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine?
He always provides positive feedback and information on what he feels we should do next. Always positive and always asked me how I feel on next steps. Very sensitive to my needs and knowing how long I have been trying I can tell he wants this just as bad as we do.
Describe the protocols Joseph Karnitis used in your cycles at Kettering Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
He changed me from Clomid to Femara and the results for me produced a lot of eggs. He said my egg quantity was good it was the quality of them. But with Femara I produced so many eggs we just couldn’t figure out even with the iui why it wasn’t working.
The Nursing staff here have become really good friends to me Like I said earlier there were down times but when I left the office they were hugging me just hoping for the best and that the cycle would work always show compassion and full of love very very friendly group of nurses.
Describe your experience with Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
The only weakness I can talk about is there was one time the ultrasound was way more painful then even. Other than that their strengths are way above this. From their compassion to them being very personable. They really care about you here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
Iui our of pocket for us totaled about $300-400. Oral meds about $20.00 Femara Injections $500-600 Ivf we have not started because all of that would be out of pocket ranging from $8,000-10,000 I believe.
Kettering

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joseph Karnitis at Kettering Reproductive Medicine.

He [Dr. Karnitis] was very kind and direct however jumped straight to ivf and didn’t give any alternate options. I felt like he just wanted to do ivf because it cost more rather than exploring other options. However, overall my experience was positive with him. He was very informative and went over every little detail of my health and the tests he had done...I’d already done 8 rounds of clomid so he had me do a saline ultrasound to check my tubes and well as a full blood work up. The saline ultrasound showed that my tubes were most likely severely blocked.
How was your experience with Joseph Karnitis at SpringCreek Fertility?
He was very kind and direct however jumped straight to ivf and didn’t give any alternate options. I felt like he just wanted to do ivf because it cost more rather than exploring other options. However, overall my experience was positive with him. He was very informative and went over every little detail of my health and the tests he had done b
Everyone at the office was very kind. It was only until I told them my decision to move forward with IVF or not was dependent on the cost that they stopped being so warm and kind.
By the time I got to Dr. Karnitis I’d already done 8 rounds of clomid so he had me do a saline ultrasound to check my tubes and well as a full blood work up. The saline ultrasound showed that my tubes were most likely severely blocked.
They were all very warm and encouraging. The nurse that was there during my saline ultrasound was especially nice and held my hand during the procedure.
Describe your experience with SpringCreek Fertility.
The staff is great from the receptionist to the nurses to the lab team to the financial advisors. They’re all very encouraging and will answer every question you have. They can be hard to get into so expect at least a month before your first appointment.
I paid about $400 for initial consultation, blood work, and saline ultrasound. I was quoted about $13,000 for ivf with an additional $2000-$5000 in meds.
SpringCreek Fertility
Dayton

I thought Dr. Karnitits did a great job explaining things and even when things didn’t go as we had hoped he did a great job explaining things on why they didn’t work and what we would do next. I thought his bed side manners were wonderful.... We did clomid for our first round Second round was clomid and iui Third was femara,orvidul shot and iui And fourth was femara,orvidul shot and iui. All resulted in negative pregnancy test
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand something.
The nurses were always simpathetic towards my cycles not working. They always gave me hope that someday it would.
Describe your experience with Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
I thought the clinic was a nice clean place. Everyone was always nice and was always there when I had questions. The clinic was easy to get to and I loved that they had a separate parking lot instead of the parking garage.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
[Dr. Joseph Karnitis is] Very down to earth and explained the best plan of care for my husband and i. Gave us the layout and what the whole process would entail. I am a nurse but he talked to me like a normal patient and explained everything thoroughly...We have been using Clomid and it was stopped due to chocolate cysts I was developing. We were referred to Dr Russel for my husband and have been collaborating for the best treatment
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Would recommend him to my family and friends.
Describe your experience with Kettering Reproductive Medicine.
Left messages on the nurse line and didn’t receive a call back until almost a week later. It wasn’t pertinent but to me it was for the next action in our plan of care. I sent an email and received a response from the practitioner the same day.