Doctor available by email
FellowshipUniversity of California
675 Arapeen Way
SLC, UT 84108
(801) 581‑3834
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joseph Letourneau to a friend?
9.9

9.9

2.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Utah to a friend?
he [Dr. Joseph Letourneau] was ready to answer any questions we had and did a great job of explaining what was expected...He was very nice, he reviewed all of the facts...We really only had a few short minutes with him, but he didn't seem rushed. He re-explained everything clearly and his manner was very warm and confident...my treatment plan is to start with Metformin and Femara to see if I can ovulate on a more regular basis and if we can time ovulation better. From there they suggested having my husband tested and then having my tubes tested if we are unsuccessful in gettting a pregnancy within 3-4 months. I have tried a similar treatment in the past with my OBGYN, so they would like to start there and then go forward.
entire team [at The University of Utah] was very caring. They had a great bedside manner...nurse practitioner explained everything to us, even drew pictures to help us understand the "why" behind the treatment...They set up lab work to eliminate any other underlying health issues I might have to determine if I have PCOS. From there, my treatment plan is to start with Metformin and Femara to see if I can ovulate on a more regular basis and if we can time ovulation better.
How was your experience with Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
Today was our first consultation appointment. He was very nice, he reviewed all of the facts and agreed with the treats the nurse practitioner had just suggested to us. We really only had a few short minutes with him, but he didn't seem rushed. He re-explained everything clearly and his manner was very warm and confident.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
Ask questions! If you have a question he will answer it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
His entire team was very caring. They had a great bedside manner. His nurse practitioner explained everything to us, even drew pictures to help us understand the "why" behind the treatment. We had our first consultation with Joseph M Letourneau, MD, and he was ready to answer any questions we had and did a great job of explaining what was expected.
Describe the protocols Joseph Letourneau used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
He set up a treatment plan for me after they diagnosed me with anovulation. They set up lab work to eliminate any other underlying health issues I might have to determine if I have PCOS. From there, my treatment plan is to start with Metformin and Femara to see if I can ovulate on a more regular basis and if we can time ovulation better. From there they suggested having my husband tested and then having my tubes tested if we are unsuccessful in gettting a pregnancy within 3-4 months. I have tried a similar treatment in the past with my OBGYN, so they would like to start there and then go forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Molly)
We really liked the nurse coordinator. She explained everything, so much so that when she asked us what questions we had at the end of our visit, we couldn't think of anything. She even drew pictures for us to describe our situation. She was very kind, helpful and funny!
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Pros for this clinic - they have several doctors to choose from. Working with the University of Utah health is really convenient. The myChart app is simple to use and easily connects you with your doctor. If you have any followup questions, they can easily see your message and get back to you within the same day sometimes. Cons for this clinic - Nothing so far. We have appreciated the level of care that we recieve.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah.
Trigger Shot - $100 UltraSound - $200 Office Visit - $200
Describe Joseph Letourneau's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
We have not discussed this yet.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah.

Dr Letourneau emailed me Saturday morning, saying he forgot to tell me something, and adding more instructions. It shocked me that he cares enough about my care that he remembered that and sent me a message over his time off to make sure he told me. I think that level of care from a doctor is really rare...listened to me, answered my questions, and was kind and respectful. He also made me feel like getting pregnant will be surmountable and like I have support if I have questions or concerns along the way. I wish all of my doctors could be as knowledgeable and compassionate as he was.
They [nurses at the University of Utah] were courteous, respectful, and friendly. They thoroughly reviewed my medical history and concerns, and passed all of that information on to the doctor...It was clean, everyone was friendly, and we didn't have to wait long. It was running really smoothly, and the team all seemed to work together really well... I left feeling like I had a solid plan and a great support team of people to help me along the way. He [Dr. Letourneau] also gave me a really comprehensive printout that he typed up of our plan, and things to remember and keep track of. He was helpful, encouraging, and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
He was on time, and respectful and thorough. He answered my questions, and my boyfriend's questions. He was compassionate at listening to me tell him what I've been dealing with and worrying about, and had a lot of options to discuss. He took the time to explain the pros and cons of each, the risks of each, what I could expect, what kind of timeline to plan on, etc. I left feeling like I had a solid plan and a great support team of people to help me along the way. He also gave me a really comprehensive printout that he typed up of our plan, and things to remember and keep track of. He was helpful, encouraging, and knowledgeable.
Go to him, and don't be afraid to ask him any questions, because he will answer them and will make it a point to make sure you understand everything.
Dr Letourneau listened to me, answered my questions, and was kind and respectful. He also made me feel like getting pregnant will be surmountable and like I have support if I have questions or concerns along the way. I wish all of my doctors could be as knowledgeable and compassionate as he was.
They were courteous, respectful, and friendly. They thoroughly reviewed my medical history and concerns, and passed all of that information on to the doctor.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
It was clean, everyone was friendly, and we didn't have to wait long. It was running really smoothly, and the team all seemed to work together really well. Also, Dr Letourneau emailed me Saturday morning, saying he forgot to tell me something, and adding more instructions. It shocked me that he cares enough about my care that he remembered that and sent me a message over his time off to make sure he told me. I think that level of care from a doctor is really rare.
+ Read more- Read less