2.4

675 Arapeen Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
(801) 581‑3834

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Letourneau has great bedside manner, he is kind and listens to his patients concerns. He is empathetic...He is concerned about how medical treatments for reproduction can feel clinical and tried to make my husband and I feel like we were making informed decisions for our family but did not feel overtly medical and cold.
The [University of Utah] clinic was undergoing some remodeling when I was receiving treatment. It was older but clean. The waiting room was small and felt smaller during COVID with chairs blocked off. It would have been nice to have a place to get water or snacks after blood draws...The nurses pointed us to online trainings for injections. They answered or questions and were kind. Our nurse was not as warm as I would have expected but in the end she was helpful in getting test results validated.
How was your experience with Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
Dr Letourneau has great bedside manner, he is kind and listens to his patients concerns. He is empathetic, when I told him that I didn't like needles he told me about his similar dislike and talked me through how long the treatment would be and how he had confidence that I could concor my fear for my greatest wish to become a mom. He is great at explaining female anatomy and hormones and reproduction. He even sketched diagrams to help illustrate what needed to happen for a positive pregnancy. He is concerned about how medical treatments for reproduction can feel clinical and tried to make my husband and I feel like we were making informed decisions for our family but did not feel overtly medical and cold.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
Be open. Let him guide you. Ask a million questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
Dr. Letourneau took the time to get to know my husband and I. He asked us about our personal life's, professions, hobbies relationship and really got to know us as a couple. He took the time to explain the procedures to us.
Describe the protocols Joseph Letourneau used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
I believe it was an angonist protocol but can't remember for sure. I was giving injectables for about two weeks with blood tests and follicle checks weekly then daily the second week. I reacted well to the lowest level of drugs. I had hyper stimulation and had to recover from that before I could transfer an embryo. I did a frozen transfer with potocine suppository.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The clinic was undergoing some remodeling when I was receiving treatment. It was older but clean. The waiting room was small and felt smaller during COVID with chairs blocked off. It would have been nice to have a place to get water or snacks after blood draws.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah.
The overall cost was between $25,000 to $30,000 including prescription costs. The transfer was around $5,000.
Describe Joseph Letourneau's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
He recommended single for the best chance of conception and a healthy pregnancy but was willing to transfer two embryos if we choose to do so. We transferred one upon his recommendation.
What specific things went wrong at University of Utah?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Utah.
We had a wrong blood test result in a critical time during our treatment.
Salt Lake City
[Dr. Letourneau] was very knowledgeable, kind and honest...told us all of the risks, chances of pregnancy and the issues we were having...gave us options and always left it up to us to decide...I was put on fertility meds in efforts to increase my testosterone and my sperm counts. My wife was prescribed Clomid and then letrozole to increase egg production...4 IUI’s and 2 natural attempts...Negative results.
No complaints about the clinic [University of Utah] at all. The staff are great. The facility is modern and clean. They have discretion and compassion...All of the nurses were amazing. They explained everything and detailed the processes even after we had been there multiple times...if they didn’t know an answer to our questions they found it...[Dr. Letourneau] gave us options and always left it up to us to decide. He never pushed us one way or another.
How was your experience with Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
Dr Latorneau was very knowledgeable, kind and honest. He told us all of the risks, chances of pregnancy and the issues we were having. He gave us options and always left it up to us to decide. He never pushed us one way or another.
Be open and tell him everything you are looking for with fertility treatment.
He was very kind and explained everything to us in a way we could understand. He was honest as well, all while maintaining good manners and demeanor.
I was put on fertility meds in efforts to increase my testosterone and my sperm counts. My wife was prescribed Clomid and then letrozole to increase egg production. We used the meds for 6 attempts. 4 IUI’s and 2 natural attempts to conceive. Negative results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University of Utah.
All of the nurses were amazing. They explained everything and detailed the processes even after we had been there multiple times. They were compassionate and kind and if they didn’t know an answer to our questions they found it.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The clinics strength and weaknesses would go hand in hand with the Doctors and nurses. No complaints about the clinic at all. The staff are great. The facility is modern and clean. They have discretion and compassion.
360 bucks a visit for each IUI
He did a great job explaining the pros and cons of each method.
Salt Lake City
Dr Letourneau emailed me Saturday morning, saying he forgot to tell me something, and adding more instructions. It shocked me that he cares enough about my care that he remembered that and sent me a message over his time off to make sure he told me. I think that level of care from a doctor is really rare...listened to me, answered my questions, and was kind and respectful. He also made me feel like getting pregnant will be surmountable and like I have support if I have questions or concerns along the way. I wish all of my doctors could be as knowledgeable and compassionate as he was.
They [nurses at the University of Utah] were courteous, respectful, and friendly. They thoroughly reviewed my medical history and concerns, and passed all of that information on to the doctor...It was clean, everyone was friendly, and we didn't have to wait long. It was running really smoothly, and the team all seemed to work together really well... I left feeling like I had a solid plan and a great support team of people to help me along the way. He [Dr. Letourneau] also gave me a really comprehensive printout that he typed up of our plan, and things to remember and keep track of. He was helpful, encouraging, and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Joseph Letourneau at University of Utah?
He was on time, and respectful and thorough. He answered my questions, and my boyfriend's questions. He was compassionate at listening to me tell him what I've been dealing with and worrying about, and had a lot of options to discuss. He took the time to explain the pros and cons of each, the risks of each, what I could expect, what kind of timeline to plan on, etc. I left feeling like I had a solid plan and a great support team of people to help me along the way. He also gave me a really comprehensive printout that he typed up of our plan, and things to remember and keep track of. He was helpful, encouraging, and knowledgeable.
Go to him, and don't be afraid to ask him any questions, because he will answer them and will make it a point to make sure you understand everything.
Dr Letourneau listened to me, answered my questions, and was kind and respectful. He also made me feel like getting pregnant will be surmountable and like I have support if I have questions or concerns along the way. I wish all of my doctors could be as knowledgeable and compassionate as he was.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University of Utah.
They were courteous, respectful, and friendly. They thoroughly reviewed my medical history and concerns, and passed all of that information on to the doctor.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
It was clean, everyone was friendly, and we didn't have to wait long. It was running really smoothly, and the team all seemed to work together really well. Also, Dr Letourneau emailed me Saturday morning, saying he forgot to tell me something, and adding more instructions. It shocked me that he cares enough about my care that he remembered that and sent me a message over his time off to make sure he told me. I think that level of care from a doctor is really rare.