Nurse available by email
Medical SchoolU. of Texas
ResidencyParkland Memorial
4499 Medical Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joseph Martin to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of San Antonio to a friend?
Dr. Martin held my initial phone consultation. He worked with me, long distance, every step of the way. He was patient, kind, knowledgeable, warm, and reassuring. They never made promises to me about the results and let me know that they were always there to help...After the first 7 day, they lowered my dose of follistim because I was reacting too well. After retrial, I was on estradiol patches and crinone.
The entire nursing staff at FCSA is WONDERFUL. Kris set my schedule, however, I worked with a lot of different nurses during my treatment. They were all warm, compassionate, knowledgeable individuals! You can tell that they really care about their patients and that the team has been together a long time. It feels like walking into a living room...The price of the IVF was $9,975. Medications were about $4000. We had ICSI and that was $1050 for up to 10 eggs.
How was your experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
If I could advise every struggling women in San Antonio to go to a clinic, it would be this one!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
At FCSA, they really care about you. From check-in, they address you by name, ask about your day, the doctors take time to sit down with you regularly and are available for questions. These guys are, truly, awesome.
Describe the protocols Joseph Martin used in your cycles at Fertility Center of San Antonio and their degree of success.
My protocol was menopur (75 unit the morning) and follistim (175 units in the evening). After the first 7 day, they lowered my dose of follistim because I was reacting too well. After retrial, I was on estradiol patches and crinone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Kris)
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Everything from blood draws to retrieval is done at the clinic. You don't have to go to other locations because everything is on site. The clinic staff is awesome! The only real downside is that you have to pay for parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Describe Joseph Martin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of San Antonio.
At the time of my transfer, the lab was not sure how many embryos we would be able to freeze. Because of their uncertainty, we elected to transfer 2.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio.

IUI, 3 IVF
When discussing transferring 2 in my next FET, he [Dr. Martin] gave me facts and support for both positions of transferring 2 or 1. Overall supports what my husband and I decide...I can’t tell you how many hour-long meetings I have had to get a better understanding of my diagnosis...He is a very caring person and it shows in how he treats me and all in his clinic. My husband and I have appreciated his kindness and expertise in our time there. After receiving an upsetting diagnosis, He provided me with a cell phone number I can contact him at if I have questions out of office hours.
Dr. Martin, and all doctors in his practice [Fertility Center of San Antonio], never hesitated to take time to explain procedures, treatments, and options to me. I can’t tell you how many hour-long meetings I have had to get a better understanding of my diagnosis. On the financial stand point, I have been given an array of options in treatment to help me make an informed financial decision. The doctors have all taken time to invest in me, my process, and my situation. They remember me and have genuinely connected with me on a personal level.
IUI, 3 IVF
How was your experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Dr. Martin is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. He is thorough to explain procedures and treatments and does his very best to ensure that I have an understanding of my options. He is a very caring person and it shows in how he treats me and all in his clinic. My husband and I have appreciated his kindness and expertise in our time there. After receiving an upsetting diagnosis, He provided me with a cell phone number I can contact him at if I have questions out of office hours. He has invested in my “story” and truly exhibits care and concern. I would recommend his care and his clinic 1000 times over.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or mention something you don’t understand. Dr. Martin is extremely thorough and does not make you feel dumb for asking questions you don’t have an understanding of. Unlike most doctors, he is “like you” when consulting with you or regrouping for options. He is extremely knowledgeable and gives you facts and information clearly. Ask what’s on your heart and mind!
Dr. Martin, and all doctors in his practice, never hesitated to take time to explain procedures, treatments, and options to me. I can’t tell you how many hour-long meetings I have had to get a better understanding of my diagnosis. On the financial stand point, I have been given an array of options in treatment to help me make an informed financial decision. The doctors have all taken time to invest in me, my process, and my situation. They remember me and have genuinely connected with me on a personal level.
I started my fertility treatments at a different clinic. My first consultation with Dr. Martin was different than most because I had already come with 5 clomid cycles and surgery in my history. We were shopping for the best IVF doctor and landed in Dr. Martin’s Office. Because our intention was to try IVF next, we specifically began working towards that. After a very successful first fresh cycle, we decided to continue with a fresh transfer. Unfortunately the transfer did not result in pregnancy, but with 5 frozen embryos left over, it was easy to keep moving forward. In our re-consultation after my first failed transfer, Dr. Martin recommended genetic testing and chromosome karyotype as next tests to run. My husband and I had been very against genetic testing and through a 2 hour consultation, Dr. Martin gave us a perspective that we hadn’t considered. I never thought these genetic tests would tell me why I wasn’t conceiving. A few weeks after receiving our results, I found out that I am a Balanced Translocation carrier. When I received the call, Dr. Martin informed me that he was not comfortable proceeding with my FET hat was to occur in 3 days. He wanted another reconsult with him and the clinics embryologist so we could know what our options were. In our next Re-consult, we discussed the need for PGT. My husband and I agreed that a fresh cycle and PGT on fresh eggs would be more worthwhile for the overall cost of the genetic test. Because of the time frame to receive genetic results on embryos we did not plan a transfer for the second fresh cycle. Our genetic results on 9 embryos came back and only 1 was normal. At our next Re-consult, We decided to try one last fresh cycle with PGT. We agreed to send fresh eggs from cycle 3 and our 5 frozen from cycle 1. After the treatment, we decided to transfer my 1 normal from cycle 2 as well. In the end, we sent 12 blasts for genetic testing and had 2 normal embryos. Unfortunately, this transfer was not a positive pregnancy. At another re-consult, Dr. Martin gave us the information to consider an ERA, biopsy of the endometrial lining, to test chemistry and window of implantation so we can best predict the transfer window. Currently I am working towards an ERA cycle that mimics FET stimulation and hormones.
All the nurses are amazing. They are knowledgeable and friendly. I have enjoyed the empathy they demonstrate and the information they all take the time to share. They always put together very informative calendars and directions that make it easy for me to step out of the clinic and remember what to do.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Strengths - everything!!! What I love most is that everything is done in the office. I get blood drawn, sonograms performed, retrievals done, and transfer completed in the same place. The embryos do not leave the facility until you receive positive test and the only material that leaves is genetic testing that is done in different lab. They are extremely tech friendly and allow you to access all records, communication, and lab results on their online system. Weakness - something they cannot control, I drive over an hour to get to their clinic! Location is not a fault of theirs, but the drive is WELL worth it for the care I have received.
My insurance covered my first fresh cycle. Each fresh cycle after that costs $7500 with my insurance maximum. FET was $3000. The medications were most costly expense, but was processed through out of office pharmacy. Same with genetic testing.
My doctor has been supportive of our decisions to transfer our embryos - we have not had the opportunity to transfer more than 1 at a time. When discussing transferring 2 in my next FET, he gave me facts and support for both positions of transferring 2 or 1. Overall supports what my husband and I decide.
+ Read more- Read less

I am an ICU nurse so I wanted straight medical answers and he was able and willing to talk straight with me....He allowed me to express frustration and then laid out a plan to move forward with my infertility journey. He was honest about treatment especially during transplantation of the embryo, he was willing to have honest candid conversation about the quality (not good) of my one surviving 3day embryo. He was very knowledgeable in his practice.
Strengths [of Fertility Center of San Antonio] are the patient portal which allows patients to look at lab results and get out of town orders, the process to get labs and ultrasounds then talk with a nurse or physician in a private room after labs and ultrasound seems to work rather well. Weakness is response time on the nurses call line can be a little while which can be difficult with time sensitive questions. Wait times in the office aren't too long.
How was your experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Multiple doctors work in conjunction in this clinic so be prepared to see multiple doctors.
I am an ICU nurse so I wanted straight medical answers and he was able and willing to talk straight with me. Other patients may not appreciate all the medical information but I needed it and received it from him.
Used 2weeks birth control to suppress the natural cycle and allow ovaries to get as small as they can, then started injectable medications twice per day to create multiple dominate follicles. This continued for two weeks with frequent lab draws and ultrasounds. Once lab levels got high enough a third injectable was started to delay ovulation. Two weeks and two days after stopping birth control I went in for retrieval. They retrieved 6 follicles. 3 fertilized with ICSI. Only 1 embryo made it to day 3 to be reimplanted. The embryo was a five cell and not of a high grade. Negative pregnancy text two weeks post transfer.
Very helpful, positive, compassionate, knowledgeable. Realistic.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Strengths are the patient portal which allows patients to look at lab results and get out of town orders, the process to get labs and ultrasounds then talk with a nurse or physician in a private room after labs and ultrasound seems to work rather well. Weakness is response time on the nurses call line can be a little while which can be difficult with time sensitive questions. Wait times in the office aren't too long.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. J. Martin is a very knowledgeable doctor who reviewed my medical charts with his team and explained in detail my risks. He explained to my husband and I our options due to my situation and once we decided the route we would be taking Dr. Martin prepared us for all turnouts. He always made us feel safe and explained in detail or a different way if we didn't seem to understand the results of my tests...The staff is friendly and have great attitudes, makes the nervous situation much more pleasant and you feel safe.
The clinic [Fertility Center of San Antonio] is clean, organized and go by appointment. Waiting time is minimal. The offices are private and so are the rooms where you talk about your situation or one is getting a procedure...All the nurses were very friendly, everyone was always happy and willing to answer any questions...For every appointment, I knew what I was expecting and weather I was getting a sonogram or drawing blood, the nurses would ask how I was doing.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Always stay positive and have an open mind to receive your results.
All the nurses were very friendly, everyone was always happy and willing to answer any questions. For every appointment, I knew what I was expecting and weather I was getting a sonogram or drawing blood, the nurses would ask how I was doing.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The clinic is clean, organized and go by appointment. Waiting time is minimal. The offices are private and so are the rooms where you talk about your situation or one is getting a procedure.
I must have spent $3,000. Due to that the insurances covered the IUI procedure, sonograms and my lab work.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Martin is an extremely experienced, compassionate Reproductive Endocrinologist. He takes the time to speak with you and explain the process and the reasons why he is recommending a particular protocol or medication. He does not treat you like a number and seems invested in your outcome.... Stephanie [at Fertility Center of San Antonio] is a God send. She is a fantastic nurse and amazing person.... $9000 for one round of IVF with fresh transfer
Stephanie [at Fertility Center of San Antonio] is a God send. She is a fantastic nurse and amazing person.... $9000 for one round of IVF with fresh transfer.... Dr. Martin is an extremely experienced, compassionate Reproductive Endocrinologist. He takes the time to speak with you and explain the process and the reasons why he is recommending a particular protocol or medication. He does not treat you like a number and seems invested in your outcome
Go see him first.
Dr. Martin explains things in a very simple, easy to understand manner with compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie is a God send. She is a fantastic nurse and amazing person.
$9000 for one round of IVF with fresh transfer
With day 3 fresh embryos, he recommended transferring 2 embryos.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Being a military wife and seen by multiple fertility doctors. My expectations of being a new patient is pretty high because I understand the procedures . The strength of the clinic [Fertility Center of SA] that everyone is very friendly . The weakness of the clinic is over scheduling patients back to back and not having the time to spend with the patient especially one that has multiple questions.... It was 300+ for first consultation and also depends on your insurance price for consultation.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
This was my first consultation . Dr. Martin was very good and listening .He has looked over my previous records. Take the time to answer my question. Did a exam and said everything looked fine. He was very optimistic that this transfer would be a good one for me. Hopefully this time at the festival he was very optimistic that this transfer would be a good one for me. Hopefully this time at the successful full-term birth.
Dr. Martin is very thorough and listen and patient with this patient . Do not allow his staff to rush you due to other patients. Your first visit should be a three hour consultation .
Listen very carefully what I had to say . Was very optimistic about this transfer
This was only a consultation so no strategy at this time
This was my first consultation with Dr. Martin Had to asked the nurse to come in twice to explain certain procedures due to I am using gifted embryo. Needed to know what paperwork was needed. Need to know when to schedule for my transfer. They did not run any test or do a three hour interview. I was a little disappointed on how the nurse was in a rush to see other patients. I explain I paid my money and was not leaving until all my questions with answers. The nurse apologize.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Being a military wife and seen by multiple fertility doctors. My expectations of being a new patient is pretty high because I understand the procedures . The strength of the clinic that everyone is very friendly . The weakness of the clinic is over scheduling patients back to back and not having the time to spend with the patient especially one that has multiple questions.