Medical SchoolU. of Texas
ResidencyParkland Memorial
4499 Medical Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joseph Martin to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of San Antonio to a friend?
Dr. Martin held my initial phone consultation. He worked with me, long distance, every step of the way. He was patient, kind, knowledgeable, warm, and reassuring. They never made promises to me about the results and let me know that they were always there to help...After the first 7 day, they lowered my dose of follistim because I was reacting too well. After retrial, I was on estradiol patches and crinone.
How was your experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
If I could advise every struggling women in San Antonio to go to a clinic, it would be this one!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
At FCSA, they really care about you. From check-in, they address you by name, ask about your day, the doctors take time to sit down with you regularly and are available for questions. These guys are, truly, awesome.
Describe the protocols Joseph Martin used in your cycles at Fertility Center of San Antonio and their degree of success.
My protocol was menopur (75 unit the morning) and follistim (175 units in the evening). After the first 7 day, they lowered my dose of follistim because I was reacting too well. After retrial, I was on estradiol patches and crinone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Kris)
The entire nursing staff at FCSA is WONDERFUL. Kris set my schedule, however, I worked with a lot of different nurses during my treatment. They were all warm, compassionate, knowledgeable individuals! You can tell that they really care about their patients and that the team has been together a long time. It feels like walking into a living room.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Everything from blood draws to retrieval is done at the clinic. You don't have to go to other locations because everything is on site. The clinic staff is awesome! The only real downside is that you have to pay for parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The price of the IVF was $9,975. Medications were about $4000. We had ICSI and that was $1050 for up to 10 eggs.
Describe Joseph Martin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of San Antonio.
At the time of my transfer, the lab was not sure how many embryos we would be able to freeze. Because of their uncertainty, we elected to transfer 2.
San Antonio
I am an ICU nurse so I wanted straight medical answers and he was able and willing to talk straight with me....He allowed me to express frustration and then laid out a plan to move forward with my infertility journey. He was honest about treatment especially during transplantation of the embryo, he was willing to have honest candid conversation about the quality (not good) of my one surviving 3day embryo. He was very knowledgeable in his practice.
How was your experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Multiple doctors work in conjunction in this clinic so be prepared to see multiple doctors.
I am an ICU nurse so I wanted straight medical answers and he was able and willing to talk straight with me. Other patients may not appreciate all the medical information but I needed it and received it from him.
Used 2weeks birth control to suppress the natural cycle and allow ovaries to get as small as they can, then started injectable medications twice per day to create multiple dominate follicles. This continued for two weeks with frequent lab draws and ultrasounds. Once lab levels got high enough a third injectable was started to delay ovulation. Two weeks and two days after stopping birth control I went in for retrieval. They retrieved 6 follicles. 3 fertilized with ICSI. Only 1 embryo made it to day 3 to be reimplanted. The embryo was a five cell and not of a high grade. Negative pregnancy text two weeks post transfer.
Very helpful, positive, compassionate, knowledgeable. Realistic.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Strengths are the patient portal which allows patients to look at lab results and get out of town orders, the process to get labs and ultrasounds then talk with a nurse or physician in a private room after labs and ultrasound seems to work rather well. Weakness is response time on the nurses call line can be a little while which can be difficult with time sensitive questions. Wait times in the office aren't too long.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. J. Martin is a very knowledgeable doctor who reviewed my medical charts with his team and explained in detail my risks. He explained to my husband and I our options due to my situation and once we decided the route we would be taking Dr. Martin prepared us for all turnouts. He always made us feel safe and explained in detail or a different way if we didn't seem to understand the results of my tests...The staff is friendly and have great attitudes, makes the nervous situation much more pleasant and you feel safe.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Joseph Martin at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Always stay positive and have an open mind to receive your results.
All the nurses were very friendly, everyone was always happy and willing to answer any questions. For every appointment, I knew what I was expecting and weather I was getting a sonogram or drawing blood, the nurses would ask how I was doing.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The clinic is clean, organized and go by appointment. Waiting time is minimal. The offices are private and so are the rooms where you talk about your situation or one is getting a procedure.
I must have spent $3,000. Due to that the insurances covered the IUI procedure, sonograms and my lab work.
San Antonio
Dr. Martin is an extremely experienced, compassionate Reproductive Endocrinologist. He takes the time to speak with you and explain the process and the reasons why he is recommending a particular protocol or medication. He does not treat you like a number and seems invested in your outcome.... Stephanie [at Fertility Center of San Antonio] is a God send. She is a fantastic nurse and amazing person.... $9000 for one round of IVF with fresh transfer
Go see him first.
Dr. Martin explains things in a very simple, easy to understand manner with compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie is a God send. She is a fantastic nurse and amazing person.
$9000 for one round of IVF with fresh transfer
With day 3 fresh embryos, he recommended transferring 2 embryos.