6.3

Joseph Osheroff works at

10630 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
410.997.6999

Dr. Osheroff did not really do any of my procedures or monitoring. We only saw him when it came to an office visit and he did do my last IUI...I wish it was a little more personal and heartfelt, but Dr. Osheroff is very intelligent when explaining different things...Dr. suggested we transfer one or two embryos, but no more because a risk for multiple pregnancies. ...Dr. explains very by the book on how the treatment should work 'statistically'.
I have been to 3 different branches of the shady grove and all the woman we have come in contact with were very sweet and happy to help us. From the faces at the front- to taking blood- even the doctors monitoring the follicles! The only weakness I've noticed is how hard it is to get a phone call in to them...Kim has been very helpful. She has given all the information on what is to come and what to expect after.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Osheroff did not really do any of my procedures or monitoring. We only saw him when it came to an office visit and he did do my last IUI. Part of me believes he did the third IUI to basically say he believed it was done right since they have all failed. It is very discouraging when you get the negatives. I wish it was a little more personal and heartfelt, but Dr. Osheroff is very intelligent when explaining different things.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Osheroff gives the negative or positive when it comes to results/ next steps. Other than that just depend on your nurse to give you the information you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. explains very by the book on how the treatment should work 'statistically'. " 'Statistically' you should have no reason why you shouldn't get pregnant. " Not very warm or really want to hear when you have had three IUIs that haven't worked.
Describe the protocols Joseph Osheroff used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I have been prescribed clomid because I am an insulin resistant PCOS, I do not ovulate on my own. First approach was 4 months of clomid with intercourse, all unsuccessful. The IUIs were thought to work because my husband has only a 3% morphology, after the wash he has about 7-10 million usable sperm. We tried 3 months clomid with IUI, all unsuccessful. Dr. said we could continue doing a few more IUIs, but doesn't suggest it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim Blackwell)
Kim has been very helpful. She has given all the information on what is to come and what to expect after. Even when we were getting discouraged she had called me and told me what she had gone through and gave us different outlooks on the treatments given.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I have been to 3 different branches of the shady grove and all the woman we have come in contact with were very sweet and happy to help us. From the faces at the front- to taking blood- even the doctors monitoring the follicles! The only weakness I've noticed is how hard it is to get a phone call in to them, but if you saw the line at the 7 am open, you would understand!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance doesn't pay for anything infertility. Had to pay for all testing/ medications (don't remember costs- maybe over $1,000?) IUI was about $2,000 each with medications. ($6,000 total) If we do an IVF it is $15,000 for one procedure and that does not include any storing/ extras.
Describe Joseph Osheroff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. suggested we transfer one or two embryos, but no more because a risk for multiple pregnancies. If we have the option, the more the better-- two would be what we would want for a greater risk to have babies. Growing up you never think to yourself that you would love to have multiples, until you have infertility issues and then you think you can handle anything that is thrown your way!!!!
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
One of the IUIs my nurse was out of town and the backup nurse/ who ever was assigned to make her calls forgot to call me about my NEGATIVE pregnancy test. Longest day of our lives!! All my husband and I could think about was maybe this is it?! Maybe we could be pregnant because we didn't get our usual No. But nope!

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr Osheroff knows his stuff and tells it to you straight up in a more scientific way. So I felt in the middle of number and human. He made sure you understand but wasn't warm, friendly, or comforting...Dr Osheroff was straight forward and to the point. He didn't have great bedside manner but made sure you understood everything going on from every angle. He was happy to answer questions and didn't make you feel rushed.
I liked this clinic [Shady Grove]. It was convenient to my house. They had many locations with different hours for monitoring appointments. I liked that I could go anywhere I needed to. They also had a support group lead by a psychologist where I met some great friends...My nurse was fine when she was there, she was out of the office alot. I talked to other nurses during those times who I liked as well.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
He said the best thing anyone ever said, "I can't tell you when, but I can tell you it will happen." I actually told a friend this right before she saw Dr o and he said the same thing.
I did 3 rounds of clomid by themselves. Then 2 rounds of clomid and IUI. All clomid rounds I took pills from days 3 to 7. All were negative. IUI #3 was injectibles, also negative. IVF #1 was the antagonist protocol. My progesterone was too high the day before transfer so that cycle became freeze all. 11 retrieved, 2 made it to freeze. IVF #2 was long lupron protocol. 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 1 transfered and 4 frozen. This resulted in 1 live birth. Then FET #1 was estradiol and pio, 1 embryo transfered from IVF 1 batch, that resulted in live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I liked this clinic. It was convenient to my house. They had many locations with different hours for monitoring appointments. I liked that I could go anywhere I needed to. They also had a support group lead by a psychologist where I met some great friends.
I paid out of pocket for 2 clomid IUI. For IUI with injectibles I purchased secondary insurance. After IUI 3 and IVF 1, we met out of pocket max, so IVF 2 was 100% covered plus my monthly premium.
I really wanted to transfer 2 embryos during my first transfer (2nd retreival), even though my husband was against it. Drs protocol is under 38 and no negatives or miscarriages, then 1 is transfered. It is not just caring for multiples, but added risk to mom and babies. We transfered one and discussed that of it didn't work, we would look into multiple.

2011 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Osheroff was detailed and supportive of us. He is not overly emotional but was very informational. ... Shady Grove and Dr. Osheroff are strongly committed to the eSET philosophy, but ultimately it was our decision. ... Don’t expect him to be super emotional and listen to his advise. ... your contact with your doctor is limited by having to see other physicians when you are required to do most of the IVF procedures at the main clinic. ...
In my opinion Shady Grove is a numbers oriented practice, but you should not let that discourage you from seeking treatment as the standard of care is high. Every step of our treatment was ultimately our decision and we were respected. ... The entire staff in Columbia were warm and supportive. ... Shady Grove and Dr. Osheroff are strongly committed to the eSET philosophy, but ultimately it was our decision.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Osheroff was detailed and supportive of us. He is not overly emotional but was very informational. The worst part of the process at Shady Grove is that your contact with your doctor is limited by having to see other physicians when you are required to do most of the IVF procedures at the main clinic.
Don’t expect him to be super emotional and listen to his advise.
The entire staff in Columbia were warm and supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff is the best part of the Columbia office, and frankly they are the ones you have the most contact with due to your daily monitoring.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Fresh IVF cycle was around $19,000. Our yearly cryo for the 7 extra embryos we froze is $650/year.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?