6.3

Joseph Osheroff works at

10630 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
410.997.6999

He [Dr. Osheroff] always called to follow up during treatment and explained everything in detail...is a good communicator....He did not give false hope, but was compassionate at the same time. I was always well-informed every step of the way during our last IVF cycle....I was given the lowest doses, which were slowly increased based off of the results of my blood tests and ultrasounds. My body did not react quickly and they were only able to retrieve two eggs, one of which was transferred. It was not a successful cycle.
I paid a little less than $8,000 for one IVF cycle [at Shady Grove Fertility] that included a military discount...Appointments are readily available and you have access to a nurse 24/7 via phone. It is easy to get in touch with the nurses. The clinic is in convenient locations. The financial counselors could be a little bit more quick to respond though...[nurse] Responded quickly and was always available to answer any questions I had. Always organized and efficient, yet kind
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Osheroff is a good communicator. He always explains things in detail. He did not give false hope, but was compassionate at the same time. I was always well-informed every step of the way during our last IVF cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or take breaks from treatment if you need it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
He always called to follow up during treatment and explained everything in detail.
Describe the protocols Joseph Osheroff used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I started off on birth control for a month and then started injections. I was given the lowest doses, which were slowly increased based off of the results of my blood tests and ultrasounds. My body did not react quickly and they were only able to retrieve two eggs, one of which was transferred. It was not a successful cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim B.)
Responded quickly and was always available to answer any questions I had. Always organized and efficient, yet kind.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility.
I paid a little less than $8,000 for one IVF cycle that included a military discount. My insurance did not cover any of the treatment.
2018 - 2019, Consult
[Dr. Joseph Osheroff] was very honest and explained a lot about my diagnosis and about our treatment options. Very compassionate. He was very informative. Explained so my husband and I both could understand...He answered all my questions and made me feel at ease with a very difficult situation.
[nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] was very organized and sympathetic to our situation...Treatment costs were not covered by insurance. Only testing...They are very upfront about their practices and very informative of the process. The clinic is very clean and organized.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was very honest and explained a lot about my diagnosis and about our treatment options. Very compassionate. He was very informative. Explained so my husband and I both could understand. Neither of us have children so it's a new experience for both of us.
Check to see if treatment is covered by insurance.
We were both only tested. No treatments done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
She was very organized and sympathetic to our situation.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Cost of treatments are expensive so check to see what's covered by your insurance. They are very upfront about their practices and very informative of the process. The clinic is very clean and organized.
Treatment costs were not covered by insurance. Only testing.
Columbia

Dr. O [Joseph Osheroff] made sure my treatments would not cause more damage to my body or fertility after i experienced a molar pregnancy. He always gave the good news with the bad which helped my husband and i to make the hard decisions. Dr. O is very positive, but made sure we always understood the risks.... With my two iui cycles with clomid i had trouble with uterine lining being thick enough, the doctor gave me additional hormones to take to help. Now on my third iui cycle, we are switching up medicines so this problem does not happen this cycle.
My only issue [with Shady Grove-Columbia] is the weekend nurses called and left a message you were unable to return the call and ask questions. You had to wait until monday to ask questions and that would interfere with work or other life scheduling.... Natalie was great. Always called with my plan, answered all questions i had. She was very helpful and calming.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. O made sure my treatments would not cause more damage to my body or fertility after i experienced a molar pregnancy. He always gave the good news with the bad which helped my husband and i to make the hard decisions. Dr. O is very positive, but made sure we always understood the risks.
Just relax, allow the dr to talk and give you his adivse. I found i didnt need to ask questions with him cause he made sure to cover everything wheile explaining each step to us.
The doctor took the time to explain to me not only the positive outcomes but also the risky side of things. He knew my case was complicated after a molar pregnancy and made sure i was cleared by multiple doctors before we started treatements.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My only issue is the weekend nurses called and left a message you were unable to return the call and ask questions. You had to wait until monday to ask questions and that would interfere with work or other life scheduling.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?

2017, Unknown Success
So far very organized and friendly and kind. I'm still pretty new in the process..[Nurse at Shady Grove is] Friendly, kind, honest. She gave me feedback fast, responded quickly to all my emails and always have test results when she said she would...He's [Dr.Joseph Osheroff] cordial. He knows his stuff and explains it all. He can be very direct but I liked how much knowledge he had and shared it all. He answers your questions. He uses your name. He has a solid education and is experienced. I believe in him and I think he will help us have our baby...If you want a very warm doctor he may not be the right fit. But if you want knowledge and experience I'd highly recommend him.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
He's cordial. He knows his stuff and explains it all. He can be very direct but I liked how much knowledge he had and shared it all. He answers your questions. He uses your name. He has a solid education and is experienced. I believe in him and I think he will help us have our baby.
Always said hi, knows my name and always uses it, and answers all my questions. I am able to be seen often.
Just starting my first stimulated iui cycle. I'm on clomid then a shot then will trigger and do iui. He thinks it'll give us best chance to fertilize with my husbands mild MFI. If post wash numbers don't look good we will move onto ivf. If they're ok, then will do a few cycles and see what happens. He gave us great reasons and facts and I am happy to go with this plan
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim B and a few others )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Not sure. All has been covered by my insurance. They do have financial counselors who explains n everything
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
They did forget once to call about husband's sperm analysis but I emailed my nurse asking about them and she called me later in the day and gave me the results and apologized about it. I was fine. It turned out doctor said he saw everything and signed off but somehow she missed it. It's ok! They're human. I appreciated the quick phone call.