9.8

18220 State Highway 249
Houston, TX 77070
832-237-1434

Treated 2013 - 2017
While I did feel like I was treated with grace & dignity during my first encounter with Dr Skorupski & his office back in 2013 when I came back to his office & staff I was treated cordially but felt like I was being fat shamed because I’m overweight...He was thorough when explaining problems or what he believed were our problems conceiving as well as my multiple miscarriages but I never felt like we had a real plan besides the constant comment of “I need to lose weight”.
When I first became a patient [at Houston Fertility Institute] with Dr Skorupski (in 2013) I loved his nurses & staff. Heather was my nurse & she was so kind & helpful, even the receptionist/office manager was amazing. Always so kind & helpful. When I returned in 2017 the staff left something to be desired. They came off as cold & unwelcoming, like I was a nuisance. The on site phlebotomist was always kind & the one time I had a nurse do an ultrasound she was pleasant but overall it wasn’t a great experience going into the office. I hope maybe they were just having a bad day when I happened to be there but who knows.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like he did care about the well-being of my overall health as well as my husband but still felt like all of my problems were being blamed on my weight rather than doing more testing. He is a very kind doctor & I believe he wants the best for his patients but I just couldn’t get over the fat shaming I felt. He was thorough when explaining problems or what he believed were our problems conceiving as well as my multiple miscarriages but I never felt like we had a real plan besides the constant comment of “I need to lose weight”.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be prepared before going in to your appointments. Write down questions, concerns, anything you can think of, that way you don’t get flustered & forget in the moment. Bring someone to advocate for you if you need. It can help tremendously.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
When I first became a patient with Dr Skorupski (in 2013) I loved his nurses & staff. Heather was my nurse & she was so kind & helpful, even the receptionist/office manager was amazing. Always so kind & helpful. When I returned in 2017 the staff left something to be desired. They came off as cold & unwelcoming, like I was a nuisance. The on site phlebotomist was always kind & the one time I had a nurse do an ultrasound she was pleasant but overall it wasn’t a great experience going into the office. I hope maybe they were just having a bad day when I happened to be there but who knows.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The Beaumont office is basically brand new. Location is easily accessible. Office was always clean & nice. They do have an onset phlebotomists but she’s only their on certain days. It was difficult at time for my husband to go in because they only do sperm samples or testing on certain days. Same with Dr Skorupski. He was only available on certain days because he works both in Houston & Beaumont offices.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.
Most of my testing was done out of pocket. I can’t remember if insurance covered anything specific.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I would have trouble getting results. I would have to call or check my email daily to see if things would come in. They do have an app set up to help with getting results & testing but I always had trouble getting my information.
Treated 2017
Dr Skorupski is amazing. He will get the job done no problem. You always see him every visit. He will tell you that your infertility is not your burden anymore and that he will handle it. That is such a relief ... Dr Skorupski is very honest and sincere. He will take on your burden and leave you at peace..... Make sure you go in there being aggressive and not passive. Know what you want and have your finances in order and ready to go.
The nurse [at Houston Fertility Institute] failed to call in a prescription. We were the last patients of the day. I had to email to remind the medical assistant. She didn't do it right away had to wait a few hours. Made me think if you can't call out a simple birth control pill how are you going to handle my injections.... Not organized at all, forgetful. A positive is they will respond to email very quickly.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Skorupski is amazing. He will get the job done no problem. You always see him every visit. He will tell you that your infertility is not your burden anymore and that he will handle it. That is such a relief Staff in the beaumont office needs better training and the financial department you literally have to stay on them. But the doctors can not be held responsible for the lack of a good staff it falls on the administrator. I'm not there for the staff just the great doctors they have .
Describe the protocols Josh Skorupski used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We are still starting our process. We have done lab work and a hysteroscopy. One thing I like is Dr Skorupski leaves no stone unturned.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Each clinic is different. The offices in Houston tend to have better staff with more experience.
Very expensive but all the clinics in the area are pricey .
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nurse failed to call in a prescription. We were the last patients of the day. I had to email to remind the medical assistant. She didn't do it right away had to wait a few hours. Made me think if you can't call out a simple birth control pill how are you going to handle my injections.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Skorupski] were available for all my questions. Very informative. He took the time to explain my results after my HSG. The only thing I wish was other payment options so that the less fortunate can afford treatment.... Have questions you want answered ready at consultation. That way you can take full advantage of your time with him... They [Houston Fertility Institute] were caring clean and well prepared. They were available for all my questions. Patient with all my needs during my HSG appointment.
They [Houston Fertility Institute] were caring clean and well prepared. They were available for all my questions. Patient with all my needs during my HSG appointment. They were the best clinic for my time there. They were just expensive.... [Cost Of Treatment] The started at $12k but a suggested $30k package was preferred not including medications... I wish was other payment options so that the less fortunate can afford treatment.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
He were available for all my questions. Very informative. He took the time to explain my results after my HSG. The only thing I wish was other payment options so that the less fortunate can afford treatment.
They were available for all my questions.
The strategy was to do IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Excellent and informative
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They were caring clean and well prepared. They were available for all my questions. Patient with all my needs during my HSG appointment. They were the best clinic for my time there. They were just expensive.
Describe Josh Skorupski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Na