Available by cell phone
Stamford, CT 06905
115 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
Fishkill
600 Westage Bus. Ctr. Dr.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joshua Hurwitz to a friend?

9.7

6.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Connecticut to a friend?
[Dr. Hurwitz is] compassionate and truthful and logical - which in my mind is exactly what you need when going through this. Everything is laid out really effectively and there are no gaps or surprises in treatment...I have undetectable levels for AMH and extremely high FSH...was the first doctor to tell me “I’m sorry you are going through this” - he has compassion and while he didn’t give me the news I was hoping for (less than 5 % chance I’ll conceive with my own eggs) he did tell me he would fight and that’s what him and his staff have done
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
As mentioned above, he’s compassionate and truthful and logical - which in my mind is exactly what you need when going through this. Everything is laid out really effectively and there are no gaps or surprises in treatment
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
You will be taken care of and not feel like you are just another number
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Hurwitz was the first doctor to tell me “I’m sorry you are going through this” - he has compassion and while he didn’t give me the news I was hoping for (less than 5 % chance I’ll conceive with my own eggs) he did tell me he would fight and that’s what him and his staff have done
Describe the protocols Joshua Hurwitz used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
I have undetectable levels for AMH and extremely high FSH. Clinics have repeatedly told me they wouldn’t perform IVF because my body wouldn’t respond. We did an IUI cycle with ivf injectables (450 of Gonal) once a day for 18 days. I’d have an ultrasound every other day and there was a tiny follicle on my left ovary growing slowly but surely. They didn’t give up, when insurance wouldn’t send the refills fast enough, the staff would give me samples to take home to not miss a night. Finally the follicle grew to 17 and I triggered with ovidrel and they did back to back IUIs on Sunday and Monday. In my TWW now, I am meeting with them to discuss donor eggs next because I feel if this didn’t work we did everything we could have
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Pat Jones)
Everyone just really has their shit together here, which if you’ve been to other clinics you know is rare. They always respond to email and phone calls and are on top of the insurance agencies
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I’ve had nothing but positive experiences here. They are smart and compassionate and organized. You will be in good hands at RMA. If you can get Dr Hurwitz great, but every doctor who saw me was the same and I never felt like a number
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut.
Luckily it is covered by our insurance
Trumbull

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He was the best cheerleader I could ask for going through a process like this. ... I think what really separates Dr. Hurwitz from the rest is the fact he cared so much that he called me the day before the retrieval AND transfer to provide encouraging words. ... I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation so we began IUI from the start. ... Dr. Hurwitz adjusted protocol immediately and put me on Femara.
Investment Banker
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
My experience with Dr. Hurwitz was nothing less than a 10. I was fortunate enough to be seen by Dr. Hurwitz for most of my visits. He made me feel very comfortable as a patient, and did what he could to lighten the mood in the most stressful times. I appreciated how straight forward he was. I did not leave one appointment without feeling fully informed of the next steps. Dr. Hurwitz explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand, and anything that we needed further clarification of he would take the time to ensure we fully understood. Dr. Hurwitz gave his advice and opinions, but never made us feel pressure to choose one option over another. He supported every decision we made and let us have control over the process. We didn't feel like we were being treated as patients, but more like long time friends.
Have the expectation you may not always see Dr. Hurwitz at your appointments. You may work with different doctors though out your visits, but Dr. Hurwitz will always check in with you. Dr. Hurwitz gets to the point. If you have any questions come prepared with them. He will take the time to answer all of them, but come prepared.
From the first consultation Dr. Hurwitz made myself and husband feel very comfortable. He took the time to get to know us personally, and share information about himself. He was the best cheerleader I could ask for going through a process like this. At every appointment my husband couldn't attend he would ask for him and how he was doing. I think what really separates Dr. Hurwitz from the rest is the fact he cared so much that he called me the day before the retrieval AND transfer to provide encouraging words. I have never had a doctor go above and beyond like that, it was a very pleasant surprise. Dr. Hurwitz truly made me feel part of the RMA family.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation so we began IUI from the start. First cycle I was put on Clomid, and was unfortunate enough to be the small population to respond negatively. I ended up with a cyst and had to cancel the cycle. Dr. Hurwitz adjusted protocol immediately and put me on Femara. I used Femara and the trigger shot ( I cant remember the name at this time) for 2 additional cycles with no issues, but no positive results either. The third cycle Dr. Hurwitz added ovidrel into the mix along with the femara and trigger shot. Still no success. After the 4th failed IUI we met with Dr. Hurwitz for the IVF consult. We decided at that time it would be best for us to move forward with IVF considering my diagnoses. Before the retrieval I was on a cocktail of injectable, which I cannot remember specific names at this time. By cycle day 10 I was ready for my retrieval, however my Estrogen levels were a little high so I was unable to complete a fresh transfer. Dr. Hurwitz explained that I was at risk of OHSS because of PCOS so we agreed on a frozen embryo cycle. Not even a month later I began my frozen embryo cycle. I was on 2mg Estrace twice a day, Progesterone in Oil, and Progesterone Suppositories before the transfer. The day of transfer I chose to participate in the laser acupuncture which was performed immediately before and after transfer. I continued with the Estrace, PIO, and suppositories after the transfer and 2 weeks later I was blessed with a positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa)
Vanessa was incredible! She was so compassionate and very helpful. I practically had her on speed dial. Any questions I had along the way, or any needs she was able to assist me with. She was a strong advocate for me, and even assisted when the fertility pharmacy was giving me a little difficulty filling a prescription. She responded promptly and was always very pleasant. I feel so lucky to have had Vanessa on my side.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic was very very clean. The clinic never felt like a typical doctor's office. I visited the Danbury and Norwalk locations and both are well maintained. The staff in both locations are very pleasant and knowledgeable. every visit was very enjoyable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Connecticut.
Never an issue. Mondays seemed to be more chaotic, but otherwise never more than a 15 minute wait.
Most was covered by insurance however out of cost with all medications about $2000
Describe Joshua Hurwitz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
Dr. Hurwitz was only comfortable with a single embryo transfer because of my age and infertility factors. I am still young, and didn't have any other fertility issues besides ovulation issues. The risks that come with multiples was not worth it in my case.

2015 - 2019
Dr. Hurwitz utilized a few different protocols throughout my IVF cycles. We used the Antagonist protocol, Lupron Micro dose flare, and Estrace/Microdose Lupron. Dr. Hurwitz always explained his rationale for switching up protocols. I had one canceled cycle, but the other 5 cycles produced mature eggs that became blastocysts. We finally decided to utilize PGS and have two normal embryos. I am in the process of the ERA test to determine the best time to transfer.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz is extremely knowledgeable and he cares about his patients. He would call randomly to check on me and was genuinely sad for us when we had our early miscarriages and failed cycles. He is a clear communicator and seems to have our best interest at heart.
Expect quality care and someone who will tell you exactly what is going on.
Dr. Hurwitz greeted me by name, seemed genuinely happy to see me each time, and genuinely cares about me as a person. He is genuinely excited with any good results and sad when results are not what we hoped. He continues to work with us to help us create our family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn Crespo)
Jocelyn is an amazing nurse...she is a great communicator, even answering phone calls and emails when out of the office. She is very organized and knew enough about me as a person and a patient to respond to calls and emails when not in the office, even if it was to tell me that she would check my chart when she returned. Jocelyn is a top-notch nurse and we are blessed to have her.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
RMA CT is an excellent clinic and I would highly recommend that anyone go there. They are organized, caring, personal, and supportive from the beginning of your care and they will continue to follow up with you!
The morning monitoring was a well-oiled machine. We were treated with privacy and respect and acknowledged in a pleasant manner each time.
My health insurance covered $50,000 at 100%.
Dr. Hurwitz prefers single embryo transfer with PGS, however, he will consider the patient’s wishes and reasons, as well as other factors, for transferring two embryos.
Danbury

My experience with dr Herwitz has always been wonderful. He always explains treatment options, which he would recommend most, but is behind you 100% whichever you decide. He was supportive through our miscarriage...Dr Herwitz and my nurse know me by name, are interested in your personal life and hobbies outside of being their patient, have called me later after office hours to let me know important information or ask how I am doing, and are always welcoming
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
My experience with dr Herwitz has always been wonderful. He always explains treatment options, which he would recommend most, but is behind you 100% whichever you decide. He was supportive through our miscarriage but continued to keep me thinking positive and understanding that he was going to do whatever it took to help us have a baby.
Trust the process. It can be a process, and I’m still in the middle of it, but it’s all worth it.
Dr Herwitz and my nurse know me by name, are interested in your personal life and hobbies outside of being their patient, have called me later after office hours to let me know important information or ask how I am doing, and are always welcoming, kind and willing to have any conversations to answer any of my questions and keep me calm throughout stressful situations.
-Clomid (no response) so added femara: IUI 1: negative test -Femara and follistim: IUI 2: positive test, miscarriage at 9 weeks (chromosome abnormality) -Femara and follistim: negative test - IVF with menopur, other injectables (names?) 19 eggs retrieved 7 normal embryos after PGS testing that are frozen Transferring one TOMORROW!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Pat Jones )
Every single nurse I have met in this practice has been wonderful. My specific nurse is so sweet, will answer all of my crazy questions (which happens often!) and sincerely wants the best for us.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
You never expect to be in this position, but RMACT does a great job at making you feel comfortable and hopeful in making a family. I really don’t have anything negative to say about the practice except I wish they were located in my town! Lots of very early mornings gets tough, but I remind myself it’s worth it.
First come, first serve between 7-8 am. I always tried to be there first!
I wouldn’t mind transferring two embryos, however the office will only transfer one at a time due to success rates and high risk pregnancy.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hurwitz is very compassionate and aware of the details of our situation. He’s honest and warm. He gives you all of his attention when you meet with him.... He’s thorough and takes time to answer your questions in sit down appointments. He only did one of my IUI’s which was disappointing. The other doctors were great but I felt more secure knowing that he knew all the details of our situation.... I have one blocked tube due to unknown causes.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz is warm and compassionate. He’s thorough and takes time to answer your questions in sit down appointments. He only did one of my IUI’s which was disappointing. The other doctors were great but I felt more secure knowing that he knew all the details of our situation. They are very busy so he let me know he most likely wouldn’t be able to do all of our IUIs.
Be prepared with all of your questions because he will address them. Write them down in advance.
I have one blocked tube due to unknown causes. 1st IUI, Letrozole followed by 75 IUs of Gonal-F completed with the trigger shot. I tested low for progesterone and estrogen and began supplements two days after IUI. IUI’s two and three followed the same protocol except Gonal F was increased to 100 IUs. One egg on each side for IUI Number one. Three on the open side for IUI numbers two and three and two eggs on closed side. The hope was to have matured eggs on the open side. All IUIs resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
My nurse was very good with calling me with pregnancy results and was compassionate. Her emails are short and brief and sometimes confusing. Once I ask for clarif
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic is clean, welcoming and efficient. It’s rare to have to wait a long time even during the busy monitoring hours in the morning. A weakness is that not all blood tests results are communicated.
$6,000 for three IUIs due to no fertility coverage through my insurance. IVF runs between $15,000-$20,000 for one out of pocket cycle. All blood tests covered under my health insurance except for genetic screening.

2013 - 2017
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I did two clomid cycles, one injectable IUI cycle, two egg retrievals (both with ICSI and CCS) and two embryo transfers [with Dr. Joshua Hurwitz]. I had two transfers cancelled due to thin lining (which is probably part of my issue related to my recurrent pregnancy loss). It only took one embryo transfer into our gestational carrier for her to become pregnant.... I've had several miscarriages, which i no one expected, but he never allowed my husband and I to give up hope, even after each loss and surgery that he had to perform. He always said we would be walking out of RMA with a baby, and we are...even if it's not the way we had pictured it to be!
2013 - 2017
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz patiently answered all of my endless questions, as crazy as they could be. He also very frequently called to check in to see how i was feeling after receiving both good and bad news. He would call at night and even on his days off and weekends. I always felt amazingly supported and well taken care of by him. I've had several miscarriages, which i no one expected, but he never allowed my husband and I to give up hope, even after each loss and surgery that he had to perform. He always said we would be walking out of RMA with a baby, and we are...even if it's not the way we had pictured it to be!
Don't be afraid to ask him questions and be honest with him about how you're feeling. Always remember that he is an expert and he's there to help you. I've never met a doctor who cares about his patients as much as he does.
Dr. Hurwitz consistently went above and beyond for me time after time to make sure that was actively engaged in my care and was emotionally and physically doing OK and taken care of. I have had a very rocky road over the past 5 years and truly couldn't have made it through all of the ups and downs without him.
I did two clomid cycles, one injectable IUI cycle, two egg retrievals (both with ICSI and CCS) and two embryo transfers. I had two transfers cancelled due to thin lining (which is probably part of my issue related to my recurrent pregnancy loss). It only took one embryo transfer into our gestational carrier for her to become pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen and then Nora)
I started off with Kathleen as my nurse (she's no longer there), who was wonderful. Once we decided to go the gestational carrier route, I was transferred to the Third Party team. Being a long standing patient for years, I was nervous about changing teams and getting a new nurse, but my nurse Nora and I couldn't have been a better match! She is awesome - super organized, compassionate, responsive, knows her stuff and funny!
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
RMA CT is a well-oiled machine. Wait times are short, they are organized and their use of iPads makes it easy to go to different offices for monitoring and appointments, as I often did. The only weakness I can say is that their Finance department can use some work. There was a few times that my finance coordinator gave me incorrect information that caused a lot of back and forth and wasted time. For the most part, they were OK though.
Morning monitoring is run very efficiently. I would get there at 6:40 in order to hopefully be one of the first ultrasounds of the day as I had to directly to work afterwards.
My personal treatment was covered by my insurance, but all costs associated with using our gestational carrier were not (which is typical).
We transferred two embryos into me each of the two times and transferred one embryo into our gestational carrier (due to her preference). He was supportive of both but did clearly explain the risks of becoming pregnant with twins.

How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Hurwitz made a great first impression. He also called us personally before and after the first IVF cycle to say he thought things looked great. It was nice to get that personal touch but we didn't hear from him much during our second round. i actually feel more connected to one of the other doctors who I see for about 95% of my monitoring appointments and who did my retrieval and transfer for this last cycle.
Don't take it personally if you never hear from or see him after your initial consult.
When we first met Dr. Hurwitz, we thought he was the greatest in terms of personality, demeanor, etc. After that initial appointment, however, we had a few experiences where we weren't sure if he was the same doctor with whom we had spoken. He was curt, seemed annoyed, and when my husband couldn't make an appointment, Dr. Hurwitz wouldn't "tie up a phone line" and call him. And while he is my doctor, I have never seen him for any procedure and have only happened to get him on a monitoring appointment twice. Maybe we caught him on some "off days".
For our first round of IVF, the protocol was similar if not identical to the one we had done at another clinic. When that cycle only resulted in one good embryo, Dr Hurwitz completely changed the protocol in hopes of yielding more. The new protocol seemed much longer but it did give us 9 embryos (4 of which were normal).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Linda is fantastic. I was even able to go to her when my financial coordinator dropped the ball and she made sure it got taken care of.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
At the end of the day, they really need to evaluate their staff. The clinic wants to portray themselves as a warm and friendly place, but it really is just a well polished factory. I've had nurses who couldn't place IVs or left me with tremendous bruises. When I said something to another nurse about my bad experiences her response was "you must have been here on a weekend" (she was right). On the day of my first retrieval (a Sunday), I was called back and told to undress from the waist down and the doctor would be in with my specimen. She brought me back for an IUI instead of a retrieval. That same day, a nurse was about to get my IV ready, stopped because she forgot gloves, then couldn't place it (I don't have tricky veins). While that was going on, another woman in the bay next to me fell out of the bed and onto the floor - the whole morning was a total nightmare. When I went for the transfer, I checked in and was given financial papers to sign. After 30 minutes in the waiting room, I got a call from the nurses asking where I was since I was supposed to be there 20 minutes ago. The receptionist never actually checked me in. My second retrieval and transfer were much better, but I've had more bad experiences than good with the staff.
I go for monitoring at their Trumbull office which only has two ultrasound rooms. I've found that if I'm not one of the first ones there at 7am, I could be waiting for an hour if not longer to get into a room.
Thankfully our insurance fully covered all of our treatments except the PGD testing which was just under $4,000. We are responsible for meeting our deductible and coinsurance
We only did an eSET because we only had one embryo at the time.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Connecticut?
Norwalk

Dr. Hurwitz was very kind and also used humor appropriately. He explained all our options and was honest about our expectations. He was very honest in helping me to stay focused and understand that fertility treatments take time and always explained the statistics to help us be realistic about our expectations. He also called us personally when we had questions.... Tried Clomid first, I did not have good results and it took weeks to see any growth in follicles. He said Clomid was not a good fit for me, and that we would move on to injectibles next. It took months for my hormone levels to level out after Clomid, and then we started injectibles and they worked great.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Make your appointments in advance, he books up fast!
Tried Clomid first, I did not have good results and it took weeks to see any growth in follicles. He said Clomid was not a good fit for me, and that we would move on to injectibles next. It took months for my hormone levels to level out after Clomid, and then we started injectibles and they worked great. I saw growth in follicles right away, and we scheduled my IUI. Because the Follistim worked so well he said if we did no get a positive test from the first IUI we would stick with the Follistim for future cylces since my body responded so favorably to it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Erika Lee)
My nurse was wonderful, she was patient and kind and very compassionate. She took the time to listen to my worries and always helped me understand options and procedures. She explained things in a way that made sense and was extremely supportive. I'm just sad that she wont be there if I return because she moved! All the techs were also very supportive and kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic was very organized, I liked that you had a patient navigator to help coordinate things, felt like I had very personalized care. I also LOVED that they provided Fertile Yoga and support groups. I probably got the most help from Lisa Rosenthal who led the support groups and the Fertile Yoga, she is absolutely amazing. The only thing that I thought they could improve is to have more training for the techs who do blood draw. I can't even count how many times I had multiple techs sticking me. I always tried to go for blood draw when the one tech that could always successfully draw my blood was present.
Insurance covered much, but the injectible drugs were not covered and we had a high deductible plan. Between injections and our deductible it was around $6,000
na
Danbury

Though I wasn’t the kind of patient who needed constant calling or support or hand holding, the one time I didn’t feel like a number was when the doctor [Dr. Joshua Hurwitz] called me personally after a negative pregnancy result after a failed 3rd IUI. It was unexpected and on a weekend and I was surprised and touched that he called to check in with me...I appreciated his transparency about the treatment and success rates. I also appreciated his sense of humor which may not be for everyone. I
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
I appreciated his transparency about the treatment and success rates. I also appreciated his sense of humor which may not be for everyone. I also felt his enthusiasm to help me try to get pregnant was genuine. I did not feel judged about trying to get pregnant at a later age. He is direct and maybe for some it may be abrupt or non caring which may not work for every patient. If you are able to advocate for yourself then this should not be a problem.
If you aren’t feeling you are getting the kind of treatment you want, ask questions. Express your concerns.
Though I wasn’t the kind of patient who needed constant calling or support or hand holding, the one time I didn’t feel like a number was when the doctor called me personally after a negative pregnancy result after a failed 3rd IUI. It was unexpected and on a weekend and I was surprised and touched that he called to check in with me.
Femara, follistim, ovidrel trigger shot, and IUI. His first suggestion was IVF given the ages of me and my spouse. However our insurance did not cover it. He felt that the above protocol with femara and injections and IUI would help us improve our chances, as our diagnosis was unexplained fertility. (Though I wasn’t actually told this and thought to ask - actually another doctor who had done one of my IUIs - after the 2nd failed IUI attempt.) Despite that slightly annoying factor of having to ask, he was honest about our success rate. Though it was lower than IVF, we were still hopeful. We had 5 IUIs but no positive pregnancy result ever. We had hoped we would have been lucky...because when it comes down to it, even with as much science and technology, there is still a big amount that is chance. We were disappointed of course but we had never been “deceived” about our chances. Our expectations were managed well but I can’t say for sure that was all Dr. hurwitz or if it also has to do with the realistic perspective that my spouse and I had when we started this journey.
My nurse was great. Again, I don’t feel I was the type of patient that required a lot of communication or even a lot of support or “cheerleading” (a lot of reviews - the good ones - I have read about my doctor and the clinic in general have mentioned how attentive and how much communication with the team was.). However I suppose if I was the type of patient who needed that level of support AND asked for it, I would get it. My nurse always promptly answered my emails (that was the way most convenient to communicate.). Even when she was out of the office, which I was impressed with. I really appreciated that.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths - clean facilities, seem to have most recent technology, seem to be well-staffed. Also seem to integrate services that complement the medical treatment like support groups and yoga and acupuncture. There are also informational events that they offer via social media. Early monitoring hours were appreciated. Weaknesses - in my experience, after all the preliminary testing, my IUI schedule started and I didn’t quite know what to expect - should my husband be at every scan, how often are the ultrasounds , how much time would I have to take off in the mornings from work for bloodwork and ultrasounds. I suppose I could’ve asked upfront but, being new to this process, I didn’t even know WHAT to ask. I feel like an orientation session would’ve been nice because the beginning part moved so fast as we started my first IUI cycle. I think they have info available on their social media to serve this purpose but I am not on Facebook or twitter or Instagram. At the time I was starting, this kind of info was not on their website either. I had to google a few things. And obviously by my 2nd and 3rd IUI, I knew what to expect. Another weakness is they say they have a Poughkeepsie office but I really think that’s misleading. While I went there only once for the initial consultation, I never went back and had all my treatment in CT. I believe they do very limited things in the NY office. Traveling out of state (although it wasn’t too far)added some stress for me which I hadn’t anticipated that I would feel, which I’m sure didn’t help my overall well being. Before I knew anything about the clinic, I had hoped most of my treatment would’ve been in NY. Though there are many reasons I didn’t get pregnant, I can’t help but wonder if this factor (traveling) played even a little part. In other words, if they don’t do treatment in their NY office, they should be more transparent about it.
My insurance covered the IUI procedures and meds. No issues for me in this department.
2014 - 2017
He [Dr. Joshua Hurwitz] is a very nice and caring guy...We discussed all of my options and together we decided IVF with elective single embryo transfer and PGS was our best option. My first round of IVF was very successful and the number of bags that I produced however quality was not good and none of them were transferred after PGS. For my next cycle we decided to do Lupron to downreg and hopefully get even more eggs. We did get more eggs. More of them fertilized. I am waiting for PGS results right now.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Very positive and upbeat. Talks to me like he's my coach and our team is going to win. Very sensitive to my loss. Set backs are treated like a learning experience and we find the right next steps together.
He is a very nice and caring guy. You are in good hands!
I always see a dr, and he calls me personally to discuss results the moment he gets them.
I had iui previously and my third resulted in a twin pregnancy. I carried to term and had a planned c section at 38 weeks. On day three in the hospital something went wrong and my son stopped breathing. It was a long and agonizing ordeal to watch my son die over the next 2 1/2 weeks. I came back to Rma CT to have another child, but hopefully with a better outcome. We discussed all of my options and together we decided IVF with elective single embryo transfer and PGS was our best option. My first round of IVF was very successful and the number of bags that I produced however quality was not good and none of them were transferred after PGS. For my next cycle we decided to do Lupron to downreg and hopefully get even more eggs. We did get more eggs. More of them fertilized. I am waiting for PGS results right now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy F)
They have done a great job of answering any questions that I have by phone and email. I also get printed sheets with all of my medications and the times and dosages.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I think some of the biggest strengths of Rma CT are their out reach programs. In the past I have taken advantage of ladies night in peer support as well as fertile yoga. These have been a great outlet for me as well as allowing me to find others who are in the same circumstances and allowing me to de-stress.
I like to be the first person in for morning monitoring so that I can get out and get to work on time. They were always very respectful of my time. I also enjoyed the tea in the waiting room.
I was able to sit down with the finance person who reviewed my insurance coverage and gave me a realistic idea of what everything was going to cost. There were no huge surprises.
Given my unique circumstance of having twins via Iui and the subsequent loss of my son, the doctor did not want to put me through another twin pregnancy nor did I want to take a chance of another twin pregnancy.
Danbury

Dr Hurwitz never made my husband or I feel rushed during morning monitoring, scheduled appointments, or phone calls delivering results. He always called the evening after we received results from our nurse during the day; no matter good or bad he always called to check in, see how we were, and inform us of next steps.... Our goal was to produce 10-15 eggs. My husband had a Mesa done and his vials were frozen at RMA. We were fortunate to retrieve 10 eggs.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr H always made us feel welcomed the second he walked into the patient room or even just passing in the hallway. We always felt he knew who we are and what we needed without looking at our medical chart. Dr H took into account our diagnosis and treated us exactly how he thought we would get the pregnancy result we were striving for while also keeping me safe and not forcing my body to over produce eggs. We were sad to leave RMA on our “graduation day” when our care was being transferred back to my OBGYN
Have patience. Fertility treatments is a long calculated process that drives around your cycle. You will have frustrating months where you need to wait another 4 weeks to cycle again. Fertility treatments are not quick.
Our goal was to produce 10-15 eggs. My husband had a Mesa done and his vials were frozen at RMA. We were fortunate to retrieve 10 eggs. Unfortunately due to my husbands male factor infertility we do not have the strongest sperm to fertilize which caused us to only end up with 2 embryos. If we are lucky enough to go through this process again, Dr H said we will need to change my protocol from moderate to slightly higher in order to increase our chances for 2 or more embryos due to the sperm we will need to use to fertilize.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn)
Jocelyn my nurse would answer my emails at all hours of the night. Sometimes I would email her with a question at 7 pm expecting an answer in the morning and by 8:30 that night she would be responding to me. The girls in the morning that took care of morning monitoring are Absolutely top notch. They make you feel as though you are the only patient in the practice even though the waiting room is full. They are companionate, motivating, sympathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I had never been to a fertility clinic before so I was surprised to find that I would have an assigned nurse, patient coordinator, and a financial advisor. Having direct contact with people who could answer my questions and help me was truly a blessing. I didn’t need to call 800 numbers and be transferred around to whomever could get to the phone. RMA makes you feel like a person and not just another patient. They have beautiful welcoming waiting rooms. The examining rooms and bathrooms have motivational quotes on the wall to empower and lift your spirit.
Morning monitoring took place between 7-830. Appointments are first come, first serve. Blood work moves pretty quickly and then you will go back into the waiting room if the examining room was still in use by another patient. I was usually one of the first patients in the morning so I rarely waited.
The upfront IVF package we had to pay for was $19,500. Our insurance does not cover IVF treatments. We did need to buy more meds at one point and some freezing/unfreezing of the sperm. We ended up spending about $25,000
We were told we had the option to implant 1 or 2 embryos. We went through all of the pros and cons with Dr H to each transfer. My husband and I decided to transfer both embryos that we had. At the day of transfer Dr H went through all of the grading for each of our embryos and explained if we had chosen to implant only 1 it would have been embryo A due to the grading.
Danbury

Dr. H [Hurwitz] found a cyst on my right ovary. He wasn't initially concerned but as he watched it grow over the first few weeks, he recommended an MRI & blood work. Sure enough, it was a large benign tumor that had to be removed...I could not have asked for a better experience throughout this ordeal. Dr.H has been so informative, kind & encouraging. After every procedure, he's called from home just to check up on me. I know I am not the only patient he's done this with. He has a way of gently breaking the not so good news, but always ending it on a positive note filled with hope.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Be open, be hopeful, do not have any expectations. Let the team guide you & have trust in them to take care of you.
Dr. Hurwitz & the rest of the RMA staff has become the strongest source of support throughout our infertility journey. From day 1, Dr. H has been honest & gentle. Each procedure was mutually decided upon by him and us. He was never too pushy about the appropriate next step but did guide us in the right direction. It has been a series of trial and error and I am somewhat of a tricky case but I have never lost faith or trust in him or the entire RMA team. I arrive to warm hugs & greetings. I attend the support groups, fertile yoga, nutritionist & acupuncture. The comprehensive approach takes my entire being into account, not just my medical issues.
When I arrived at RMA (June 2014) Dr. H found a cyst on my right ovary. He wasn't initially concerned but as he watched it grow over the first few weeks, he recommended an MRI & blood work. Sure enough, it was a large benign tumor that had to be removed. He referred me back to my regular OB for surgery. Unfortunately, my entire ovary had to be removed. 2 weeks after surgery, I got pregnant naturally but miscarried at 9 weeks. From here is where I started treatments with Dr. H. We did a bunch of IUIs, started with Clomid, then Femara, all with HCG trigger shots. We took a little break and decided to try "naturally" but still working with Dr. H. I thought that if I got pregnant once naturally, that it could happen again but we maybe needed help with the timing. So Dr. H agreed & we did 2 timed intercourse cycles, only with HCG trigger shots. Thus far, all treatment courses were resulting in negative pregnancy tests. We finally took the plunge to IVF in Feb 2016. Dr. H was very concerned about my weight so I worked hard to get that down since he does require pt's to be below a certain BMI to qualify for IVF. We used BCP, Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix & HCG shot for our Feb 2016 cycle. It only resulted in 4 eggs being retrieved and only 2 fertilizing. We unfortunately lost both on Day 5, the morning of the transfer. I am starting my next cycle this weekend, and he switched my protocol to be a bit more aggressive. This time I have been on Estrace instead of BCP, since I was too suppressed last time. We are starting Microdose Lupron, Menopur & Follistim on Monday. I love that Dr. H is recognizing the issue, we have been on the same page throughout this whole process & he is very open about his rationale.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
Kathleen & the rest of the nurses & lab techs have been amazing. I am greeted with smiles and warm hugs every time. I am only getting words of encouragement from them and they all know me by name. Kathleen is so informative, she always leaves clear & concise messages via VM or email so that I know what the next steps might be. Protocols are emailed which makes remembering meds very easy. She is so compassionate and really cares about what happens to me.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
RMA has only brought us comfort, guidance, support & hope throughout the worst time in our life. The "extras" they offer, like fertile yoga, social workers, support groups, nutritional counseling, acupuncture & even an online forum for patients to connect.. has made me feel like my infertility matters. This has been a lonely ride in terms of family & friend support, so having RMA be there for us has meant the world. I hope for a good outcome of course, but no matter what, RMA has more than fulfilled my expectations.
Monitoring is between 7am & 8:15am which makes it easy to get to work on time. I've never had an issue with monitoring.
We used insurance.

2010 - 2012
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I produced a lot of eggs, and had a very high fertilization rate, but the quality the embryos was poor. We went through four cycles with Dr. Hurwitz, and he tried different strategies. He always explained his reasoning, and he was always willing to answer my questions...I had a good experience with him. He was quite knowledgeable, and treated me with respect. I felt like he understood me. Explain the details of the treatment, and even a bit of the science behind it when I asked. I also felt like I had a good bit of personal attention from him, and even though they had many setbacks along the way, I was always satisfied with the quality of my treatment.
2010 - 2012
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
I always felt that I was treated with respect, that he was willing to answer my questions, and he surpassed my expectations for the amount of personal attention I received.
I don't remember the details anymore, I produced a lot of eggs, and had a very high fertilization rate, but the quality the embryos was poor. We went through four cycles with Dr. Hurwitz, and he tried different strategies. He always explained his reasoning, and he was always willing to answer my questions.
I thought Kathleen my nurse was great. She answered questions, was very organized, and a source of support.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I think the clinic as a whole put a great effort into giving top-notch medical care, but they also recognized this was emotionally difficult experience for their patients. They tried to show support in numerous ways, and I always felt that I was respected. All members of the team showed compassion and empathy.
I think the morning monitoring was run efficiently. The doctors rotated, so I got to meet the other doctors at the practice. Even when I didn't see my primary doctor for morning monitoring, I always felt that the other doctors were knowledgeable about my case, and they always answered my questions.

2016 - 2019
Dr. Hurwitz is great, he explains every step in detail and is energetic most of the time except those times when he needs to be sympathetic as how attempts have been negative. From the beginning when I initially when for my PCOS diagnosis, he has been great in explaining the how’s and why’s of what my body is doing and what we need it do.... My first two attempts with IUI were with oral and injectable hormones. Although my body responded positively the IUIs were unsuccessful. This third attempt IUI, we are only using injectable hormones at a higher dosage.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Listen and have patience with the process.
Care and time taken and support team provided
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Emily )
My nurse and the whole nursing staff are great. They are easily accessible for any questions or follow up I may have. They always greet you with a smile and helping hand and ear to listen when things may not be going as expected or wanted.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Easy to get to as I travel from NY to CT. The staff is friendly and Michelle, the reception, makes every effort to remember all patients names, which impresses me. The waiting room is clean and comfortable as are the patient rooms. All staff are very accommodating with a team of nurses, financial advisors, care navigators and someone that can assist you with insurance questions.
Unsure of specific costs associated. I have deductibles and co-insurance to pay.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Hurwitz] treats me like he would his own family member. He has been there for us every step of the way, during all the ups and downs that come with infertility. He remains positive we will get the outcome we desire. ... He has always taken his time to make sure I understand all options available to me. He is always ready and willing to answer any questions I have. He has held our hand and cried with us during our losses and has been a constant support during this difficult process.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He is amazing. I wish all my doctors were like him. He treats me like he would his own family member. He has been there for us every step of the way, during all the ups and downs that come with infertility. He remains positive we will get the outcome we desire.
Don't think twice about if you should see him. I only wish I had heard of him sooner and started working with him earlier in our journey towards having a family.
Dr. Hurwitz is an amazing doctor. He has always taken his time to make sure I understand all options available to me. He is always ready and willing to answer any questions I have. He has held our hand and cried with us during our losses and has been a constant support during this difficult process. We are currently taking a break after our last loss but look forward to continuing the process with him when we're ready. I only wish I had met him sooner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kirsten)
The nursing staff, in general, is amazing. They are super supportive and are always waiting with a hug and smile to cheer you on in your journey.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Everything RMA does is to make the patient experience the best it can be during such a stressful journey. From the start, you are provided with an entire team of people whose primary goal is to support you and help you the best way they possibly can. Whether it's to answer your question on how to mix your medication to a supportive hug before drawing blood.
His primary concern was that we have a healthy pregnancy which resulted in a live birth of a healthy baby and mother. He always leaned towards a single embryo transfer but was supportive of our choice to put 2 back.
Norwalk

Dr hurwitz is an amazing doctor he treats you as if he has known you for years. He is very supportive to each individual concern. He makes you feel at ease no matter what your situation is... I went for a consultation after I had two ectopic pregnancies and both tubes were removed. I felt very helpless going into my appointment but dr hurwitz assured me that everything will be okay. I left the office feeling so much better. He explained everything to me from beginning to end
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
My experience with Dr Hurwitz was incredible. I went in there feeling very down and he brought light to my situation and when I left there I definitely felt better about everything when it came to doing IVF
There is nothing to worry about. Dr hurwitz is an amazing doctor in every aspect
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut.
The staff are very helpful after my consultation I told the office that I was not going to proceed with IVF because of financial situations but they still check on me and keep me updated with grants and any other information possible
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I don't believe that the clinic has any weaknesses as crazy as that sounds. They are definitely an amazing group of people that love what they do and want to make sure that everyone is able to take a bundle of joy home. They are very generous and caring to every patient
The cost for IVF is about 15,000 including medications
I didn't get to the point where we spoke about the number of embryo transfers because my insurance doesn't cover IVF
Danbury

Dr. Hurwitz, was very good about making me feel comfortable.... He explained the whole process in a simple and clear way and was very honest. I did IUI and after a few negative results he recommend IVF. I was nervous about it but he made me feel confident. I always remember how he made sure he was the doctor to do our last ultrasound at the clinic. To our surprise he gave us the news that we were having identical twins.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Hurwitz, was very good about making me feel comfortable. We happen to had a friend in common and at no point I felt uncomfortable with him keeping my information confidential. He explained the whole process in a simple and clear way and was very honest. I did IUI and after a few negative results he recommend IVF. I was nervous about it but he made me feel confident. I always remember how he made sure he was the doctor to do our last ultrasound at the clinic. To our surprise he gave us the news that we were having identical twins. He congratulated us and reminded us that multiples are not a walked in the park staring with the pregnancy. They are now 3 and he was right!
Trust him and have patience
Dr. Hurwitz always remember our last conversation it was like having a friend.
He always suggested the less invasive procedure first, he is looking for the best option.
The nursing staff was outstanding! They treated me like family and made feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I have no negative to say, it was a comfortable environment. The waiting room is big in case you want your space. They have plenty of reading material and coffee, tea for your enjoyment. Your privacy is very important for them. The decor makes you feel like you are at a fancy hotel. They offer many resources from yoga, acupuncture, group meeting. There is calendar with all the events going on for their patients. Also the place is really clean.
Insurance cover most of it
He was open to our plan get 2 embryo transfer, at the end only one took and split!
Norwalk

He [Dr Hurwitz] was very positive and energetic. He was very focused on our choices and a good cheerleader. At first I didn't understand why he wanted us to understand the science, but I appreciated it later. It felt like he really cared about what happened to us...We did an egg retrieval that resulted in hyperstimulation. Then we did two frozen transfers of 5 day old embryos. I don't know the specifics of the drugs anymore.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He was very positive and energetic. He was very focused on our choices and a good cheerleader. At first I didn't understand why he wanted us to understand the science, but I appreciated it later. It felt like he really cared about what happened to us.
Try to absorb as much information in the beginning as you can.
I felt that the whole organization took the time to explain things to us and guide us through tough decisions. I felt like there was a general feeling of kindness and focus on the patient rather than just results. I was very pleased with the whole experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Christina Dias)
We switched nurses in the middle, because our first nurse left. Both were very responsive to all of our questions, and no nonsense but kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I think that their strength is that they have such kind people working there that seem focused on the mental well-being of their patients. I have never felt more supported or listened to in a medical environment.
It was always early in the morning, which was tough because we were an hour drive away. But a few times when we couldn't make it, they did make a window later in the day for us.
We had insurance, but we had to pay about 2 or 3 thousand out of pocket because of a high deductible.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Joshua Hurwitz] is a very thorough dr, explains everything down to the detail so you clearly understand every possible thing that is going on , very very nice as well. Every consult and appointment I had he made sure I understood everything and that I wasn’t confused on any little detail , we makes sure all his patients go in knowing 100% what’s going on...We went straight to ivf with him so we did saline sonograms , ultrasounds and bloodwork to start. Then started off with follistim and menopur , then adding in ganirelix a few days later
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
He is a very thorough dr, explains everything down to the detail so you clearly understand every possible thing that is going on , very very nice as well. Every consult and appointment I had he made sure I understood everything and that I wasn’t confused on any little detail , we makes sure all his patients go in knowing 100% what’s going on
Be open to all the possibilities
His office is so heartfelt they all are warm and caring , remember your face and treat you as a friend not just a patient , I have had nothing but the best from them all
His whole team is awesome, you get assigned a nurse, patient advocate and financial advisor so if I ever have any questions I contact them directly instead of having to call the office and ask for them
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I’ve been to 3 of their clinics so far and they are all amazing , clean, bright , encouraging . Doesn’t feel like a dark doctors office, it feels like you’re walking into a meeting environment insteas
My insurance pretty much covered 100% just some copays here and there

2012 - 2013
I thought that I would feel uncomfortable with a male doctor, but Dr. Hurwitz really is one of the best doctors in the practice. He is sensitive, but honest, and very supportive... He seemed almost as upset about my miscarriage as I was... The only negative is that sometimes I felt they were not aggressive enough with my treatments.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at RMA of Connecticut?
I thought that I would feel uncomfortable with a male doctor, but Dr. Hurwitz really is one of the best doctors in the practice. He is sensitive, but honest, and very supportive. The only negative is that sometimes I felt they were not aggressive enough with my treatments.
He is a great doctor. Very supportive and takes time to explain the process to you
Dr. Hurwitz is especially sensitive. He seemed almost as upset about my miscarriage as I was. He also was very excited for my success
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jean)
I only had one bad nurse at the practice. Otherwise I was happy with the staff. However, I've found turnover is frequent and I lost many of the nurses I bonded with. It was one of the biggest negatives
Most times, I was in and out. You would see whoever was on duty that day.
Very little as it was covered by insurance
Danbury

Dr Hurwitz took the time to explain every process and remain optimistic throughout the process. He is very personable and knowledgeable. He took time to answer questions and to provide information that he felt we would benefit from without us asking. He had our best interests in mind and provided a give and take throughout treatment ...took the time to get to know us, our interests and concerns. Our first IUI he has a mindful moment with us. Also, has called off hours on several occasions to check in
to trust in the process
Dr.Hurwitz took the time to get to know us, our interests and concerns. Our first IUI he has a mindful moment with us. Also, has called off hours on several occasions to check in
Can’t recall specifics
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn )
Jocelyn has been an excellent resource, she is compassionate and knowledgeable. She follows up on questions even if outside her realm
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Very welcoming atmosphere, always clean and staff remain upbeat. They get to know your name and you feel like a human rather than a number. They have several offices and at times procedures are not performed at the most convenient location
Not sure