5.3

2828 Chicago Ave. S. Suite #400
Minneapolis, MN 55407

1 patient review filtered by:

2020, Unsuccessful
I saw Dr. K for a consult and then continued on with a couple IUI cycles. Although they failed, Dr. K never reached out or told me what we were going to do differently. I never saw him besides the initial consult. He also was dismissive toward my opinion on what my fertility issues were. Although I have read books about my hormones and fertility issues, he made it seem as though all of the information I ever read was false and laughable. He wasn't rude about it, but it was a little demeaning.
Overall, the [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] staff is hit or miss. Some of the front desk employees are sweet and welcoming, others are cold. I found the lack of communication from my doctor throughout the process very disappointing. It felt like they didn't care about whether my cycle was successful or not. It felt like they were going to push through any cycle regardless if everything looked good or not.
How was your experience with Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I chose Dr. K because I had heard lots of people love him. They said he was compassionate and had a warm bedside manner. My consult with him went ok, but I didn't feel like my opinion or my questions were fully welcomed. I may have caught him on an off day, but I haven't seen or heard from him since I had my consult with him almost 5 months ago. I'm sure he is busy with IVF patients, but it felt like since I was "only doing IUI" I wasn't important enough to keep up with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Make sure you're fully onboard with a minimal treatment plan and basically having the nurses as your doctor instead of Dr. K.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Joshua Kapfhamer used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
First IUI cycle I was on 2.5 of femara with a trigger shot. It only resulted in one mature follicle. The nurse told me to trigger that night (right away without consulting with Dr. K, even though he told me that he wanted 2-3). The trigger shot was scheduled to be taken between 6-8pm that night before the IUI was even scheduled, so the timing was not the typical "36 hours." I was told by the nurses that the timing didn't matter. This cycle didn't work and I believe they missed ovulation. Second cycle the nurses bumped me up to 5mg of femara and a trigger shot. It resulted in 3 follicles, and once again the nurse told me to trigger that night between 6-8pm before even knowing when the IUI would be scheduled. This also resulted in a negative test. I never had blood work drawn once. I was also told progesterone wasn't proven to help women sustain pregnancy, so it was not recommended for me to take it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My first cycle I didn't care for my nursing staff. They were very cold and didn't seem to be happy to work there. The second round I had fantastic, sweet, and caring nurses!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Overall, the staff is hit or miss. Some of the front desk employees are sweet and welcoming, others are cold. I found the lack of communication from my doctor throughout the process very disappointing. It felt like they didn't care about whether my cycle was successful or not. It felt like they were going to push through any cycle regardless if everything looked good or not.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My IUIs were around 1,250, not including medication.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My doctor initially told me they would run some bloodwork throughout my cycle, but it was never ordered. I asked about it and they said it wasn't necessary. I was also told by my doctor that my IUI would be 36 hours after my trigger shot, and was told that the timing wasn't important. This was disappointing especially since they weren't confirming that I was ovulating with bloodwork or more ultrasounds.
Joshua Kapfhamer