Medical SchoolHarvard
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipColumbia
200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joshua Klein to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Extend Fertility to a friend?
13 Eggs Frozen
HE [Dr. Klein] took the time to explain everything very well in our intro meeting, while i did not see him a lot during the cycle, he was available if I needed to speak with him and was very nice...He was knowledgable, kind, and was willing to explain every detail and possible outcome. I appreciated his candor and felt very comfortable speaking with him. And that I was in good care. My procedure went as expected and I felt like he was honest about my odds of retrieving healthy eggs. Which turned out even better than i expected. I was very comfortable in his care.
13 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
You won't see him too much, but i was not too concerned about that. Overall the clinic sets a style of working with patients that I appreciated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
HE took the time to explain everything very well in our intro meeting, while i did not see him a lot during the cycle, he was available if I needed to speak with him and was very nice.
I loved the nursing staff. They are kind, compassionate, and thorough. Especially the doctors assistants who do the blood work and the vaginal ultra sounds. They gave me as much info as they were able to and were very sweet.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I love that the clinic is specifically geared towards women freezing eggs and not IVF. Since none of the patience are necessarily ready to have kids, they truly understand the needs of working professional women who are freezing eggs for later. They really kept focused on the fact we are planning for something in the future and likely have very busy lives right now. They are great at scheduling everything in a way that gets you in and out as quickly as possible. There can be personal embarrassment about freezing your eggs and they do such an amazing job of making you feel confident in your decision.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
It was well under the rates at other clinics.
21 Eggs Frozen
I only saw him [Dr. Klein] once or twice for each of my two cycles but always made me feel comfortable and told me everything I needed to know- answering all questions. He did my second retrieval and made me feel at ease...Follistim 375 iu Menopur 2-3 vials/day cetrotide 4-5 shots, and ovidril trigger shot.... The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me.
21 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I only saw him once or twice for each of my two cycles but always made me feel comfortable and told me everything I needed to know- answering all questions. He did my second retrieval and made me feel at ease.
Ask him any questions you have to make sure you understand all steps and feel comfortable about the procedure
Everyone knew my name and remembered me between cycles
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Steinle)
Sarah was my fertility advisor and was amazing-I would email her with any questions or concerns and she always responded quickly. I saw Ana the sonographer for most of my ultrasound-she was the best! So caring and informative. All the medical assistants were great- never had someone take my blood with such ease and barely any pain. All the nurses who called with medication information were so helpful with any questions. So thankful for Tania and Angela who went out of their way to help me!
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me. I just got lucky and mainly saw the ones I felt the most comfortable with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They were very flexible with appointment times- able to go in really early (7am) when needed to go to work. But was also able to do later around 9 when didn’t have to rush in. Appointments were quick and usually less than 30 minutes. I would get my blood taken then have an ultrasound then would be done.
They had plans based on your blood work and age. I paid $8050 for 3 cycles or 15 eggs whichever came first. I then had to pay $450 for storage and for medications. I got lucky and only had to pay for copays since my insurance covered most of the meds. My total medication cost for 2 cycles was $900
23 Eggs Frozen
Take advantage of the free consultation! Ask him [Dr. Joshua Klein] every question that crosses your mind...Our consultation lasted over an hour. It never felt rushed, and I received much more information and guidance than I expected...Dr. Klein participated in every single office visit... He made it personal and applicable to me, my age, my current situation... No complaints. He had a very high level of engagement which I couldn't be happier about.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Joshua Klein did a wonderful job of making me feel like a human, instead of a number. I live in Chicago, but after our initial consultation, it was a no-brainer that I needed to fly to New York to have him do the procedure. I am so happy I did. He participated in every office visit. He took the time to educate me on each decision (timing, medication, etc.) and each step. One day, a nurse forgot to call me with dosage instructions. Dr. Klein called me, himself, to give the proper dosage info. No complaints. He had a very high level of engagement which I couldn't be happier about.
Take advantage of the free consultation! Ask him every question that crosses your mind.
Dr. Klein's consultation was very extensive and detailed. He made it personal and applicable to me, my age, my current situation. Our consultation lasted over an hour. It never felt rushed, and I received much more information and guidance than I expected. I have heard that with many other clinics, the nurses handle the office visits and the doctor is only seen at the time of egg extraction. This was not the case at Extend Fertility, as Dr. Klein participated in every single office visit.
Stimulation occurred over 9 days, with extraction on the 10th day. 1 vial of menupur throughout stimulation. I started with 225 units of Follistim, but it was reduced, as my follicles were growing quite quickly. Can't remember which trigger shot was used. There was logic to which one he wanted me to take, but I can't recall what it was.
Overall the nursing staff was great. I did not have a specific nurse I worked with, but they were all great, responsive, communicative, etc. There was only 1 day where they didn't call me at the designated time to provide dosage instructions. I left a message with them and Dr. Klein called me within 30 min with instructions. I will say, they aren't the best with drawing blood. One nurse poked me a few times before I asked for a different nurse.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is great in that it doesn't feel clinic-y at all. The lobby is warm and comfortable. I never saw more than 4 patients waiting in the lobby at one time. I have been to other clinics that felt cold, uncomfortable, and had farms of patients waiting to be called.
Stimulation - $4990 Medication - $3052
23 Eggs Frozen
One thing I feel kind of unsure about is that when I told him [Dr. Joshua Klein] that I knew that the success rate of freezing and thawing eggs was not as high as freezing and thawing embryos, he disagreed with me and said otherwise. I am pretty sure that it is a known fact, but since his entire clinics business model is freezing eggs, I'm sure he feels that he has to believe this.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I did not see Dr. Klein very much through the process, once at consultation and then again at the retrieval, but I did not really feel like I needed to see him that often, given that I was only doing an egg retrieval. He was very pleasant and kind when I did see him though. One thing I feel kind of unsure about is that when I told him that I knew that the success rate of freezing and thawing eggs was not as high as freezing and thawing embryos, he disagreed with me and said otherwise. I am pretty sure that it is a known fact, but since his entire clinics business model is freezing eggs, I'm sure he feels that he has to believe this.
Extend is mainly for people who want to freeze eggs, so you will not have as many interactions with him as you might if you were going through the full process of IVF, etc. I thought he was fine for the purposes of egg freezing, patient and answered questions throughout the process, but it was really the staff and the educational materials on Extend's website that were the standout for me.
I liked the Extend Fertility, the nurses were very sweet and kind and the clinic was never full. I never had to wait very long for my appointments, and the staff was very kind and understanding.
I have PCOS so I wasn't on the shots for very long - maybe a week and a half before they triggered with Lupron.
As I said, the staff was really the standout here. They were really compassionate, always available, and very pleasant.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is really nice, and there was never a long wait. I felt like I was going to a spa every time I visited. Very new, sterile, and modern. The educational materials they have available on their website are awesome. Everyone going through the IVF process should read those materials b/c they do such a good job of explaining it in a way that you can understand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It was really easy to make appointments, always available before work, and never had to wait long to get seen.
W extend, you pay around $5K. When I shopped around, it would have cost me at least $2K more to do it at a "normal" clinic.
PCOS, Unexplained
...he [Dr Joshua Klein] absolutely treats each patient as a human being. Every appointment when he's in the room you feel you have his undivided attention - and he's not just being courteous. He actually is giving you his attention, and thinks about what you're saying or asking. Eventhough when I would email him I would try to be brief and matter of fact so as not to take his time, he always responded very kindly. He goes out of his way for his patients, with a no-big-deal kind of attitude, really special doctor to have.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is absolutely everything I could want in a doctor. Of course I'd be even happier if we never had to cross paths for this, but considering the circumstances, I feel so blessed to have him as my doctor. Having a doctor that you can trust is looking out for you and is reachable, explains things clearly really put my mind at ease throughout all the appointments. I didn't dread the visits or worry what would be - I felt like I was in the hands of the best doctor that I could be. He is really exceptional. He is a genuinely kind person, not out of fluff or diplomacy. And from what I understand, every patient feels that he is completely focused on them and creating the best outcome.
Just become his patient. You don't need any other advice.
This question best sums up where Dr. Klein stands out - he absolutely treats each patient as a human being. Every appointment when he's in the room you feel you have his undivided attention - and he's not just being courteous. He actually is giving you his attention, and thinks about what you're saying or asking. Eventhough when I would email him I would try to be brief and matter of fact so as not to take his time, he always responded very kindly. He goes out of his way for his patients, with a no-big-deal kind of attitude, really special doctor to have.
I prefer not to get into specifics. But one thing i knew is that he always remembered everything of my history and every strategy he used was carefully thought about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toby)
Excellent! I think it says something about Dr. Klein that everyone who works in his office is kind and caring. I haven't found one exception. The value there is not on how much money they can rake in, but rather on caring for their patients - and it's across the board.
2013 - 2017
PCOS, Unexplained
I wish every physician in every field of medicine was as good as dr klein was as a Dr, both medically as well as emotionally for the patient going through a tough time. He was outstanding. He spent a tremendous amount of time from my very first consult until we had a successful pregnancy and I was discharged, explaining every scenario and walking me and my husband through the process and what to expect. As well as what our options would be moving forward.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
To be prepared to have an amazing experience with him and his staff. Just to keep in mind that some days there will be a long wait time.
I have never experienced the care and compassion Dr Klein showed with any dr I’ve ever been to before him.
One thing that stands out is how I was not responding well to injectables and had to continue taking them longer than the expected time. Dr Klein kept a close watch every step of the way to ensure that we scheduled the IUI at the most optimal time, and not have too many viable eggs available, which he warned could result in a higher chance of multiples.
Nursing staff on blood draw days were amazing. Toby was blunt, said things like they were and always clear with directions and good with call backs.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I was seen in 2 different locations depending on the day of the week for monitoring and/or IUIs. Parking in Brooklyn was surprisingly good. And the city was ok but it was only on the weekends. I preferred the office in the city from an aesthetic point.
Dr Klein did not accept insurance when I was a patient. But my insurance had zero infertility coverage. Since I had to pay out of pocket regardless of who I saw, he was my first choice and priced well compared to other doctors.
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
I very much wanted twins when we discussed IVF as a possibility, and Dr Klein explained the downsides very well and after his explanation I do not believe it is something I’d opt for moving forward.
Extend
The thing I liked most about him [Dr. Joshua Klein], was his friendly, easy demeanor and the fact that he was so easy to talk to. He was very honest, and didn't sugar coat anything, but did so with so much sensitivity, and warmth, which made all the difference for me. The few other times that I saw his partner, Dr.Cort, he was also really patient and warm. Both doctors were very knowledgable and didn't try to pressure me in any way. They very much included me in the decisions, and after giving me the facts about each stage, let me make decisions if I wanted to. My impression is that both Dr. Klein and Dr. Cort really know their field, and are really smart, and I definitely felt like I was in good hands while they treated me.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I found Dr. Klein to be very empathetic and supportive. My situation was unique for many reasons (as are so many situations). He was understanding, never forgot my details, and explained everything in the context of my situation. The thing I liked most about him, was his friendly, easy demeanor and the fact that he was so easy to talk to. He was very honest, and didn't sugar coat anything, but did so with so much sensitivity, and warmth, which made all the difference for me. The few other times that I saw his partner, Dr.Cort, he was also really patient and warm. Both doctors were very knowledgable and didn't try to pressure me in any way. They very much included me in the decisions, and after giving me the facts about each stage, let me make decisions if I wanted to. My impression is that both Dr. Klein and Dr. Cort really know their field, and are really smart, and I definitely felt like I was in good hands while they treated me.
Don't let his boyish looks fool you! He might look young, but he is extremely capable.
The staff were trained to be extra sensitive to each patients personal, and cultural situation. At both locations of this clinic the staff was very careful not to call my name when it was my turn if there were other patients present. The staff were extremely attentive and patient before and during the retrieval. Because this is a smaller clinic, I felt like was an important member of their clinic. Questions, submitted by email or by phone, were answered promptly (usually within an hour) by the doctor or head nurse, no matter what time of day it was. Although the doctor had many patients to see, I never felt rushed when he was with me. He answered all my questions no matter how repetitive they might have been, he was reassuring but honest and realistic with me, which really helped lower my anxiety. The level of sensitivity was really outstanding.
I took Gonal F and medipur for the first 12 days of my cycle, and then two more drugs to help with ovulation before my eggs were retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alla Khamermesh)
All of the staff members showed extreme sensitivity to me and my personal situation. The nurses not only made sure I was comfortable, but were also culturally sensitive to my religious and cultural background. For example, at their boro park location in brooklyn, the nurses never ask u to say your name out loud. Instead, they will ask u to write it down. They also won't use your name to get your attention or call you in, and instead will either walk over to you or make eye contact and nod when it is your turn. This tiny show of sensitivity demonstrated to me that the staff understood and respected the fact that the community is very close knit, that everyone knows each other and that this is a very private personal journey for each woman there. Alla especially was considerate of my personal circumstances, and went to lengths to ensure that I didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable, for example by having me wait in a different area to a woman who was trying to have a baby, as I wasn't able to do that due to my difficult relationship status. Her patience and compassion were touching. This combined with her fast and efficient response to all my queries really made me feel like she was by my side the whole way through.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I understand that the clinic has moved from the location they were in while I was a patient there, to a different location, so I can't say much about the new Manhattan location. The location in Brooklyn, is discreet, and comfortable. Come early to avoid a wait, as the doctor likes to give each patient as much time as they need. Patients should remember to check the parking signs on the street, and park on the side streets. The avenue has street cleaning every morning between 8-9 am!!!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I paid $4990 for the cycle. This includes everything except, lab work, storage and medications.
10 Eggs Frozen
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
His [Dr. Klein's] knowledge, patience, kindness and empathy are unsurpassed. After having multiple miscarriages and an unexplained infertility diagnosis, Dr. Klein gave me hope that I could still conceive a healthy child someday. He and the Extend Fertility team made this stressful process easier with their personalized care, organizational procedures and clear communication. During every step of the process, I was in contact with either a nurse or Dr. Klein, who reassured me of my progress. Dr. Klein, as busy as he was, never failed to answer my questions in great detail and in a manner that I could easily understand. He is a gem of a doctor and one in whom I have great confidence...
10 Eggs Frozen
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is super kind, patient, brilliant and detail oriented. He has a way of exuding confidence in his care and expertise, and his approach, especially open communication and detailed responses, put me at ease. His upbeat, positive personality also made the monitoring visits more bearable.
If you are considering Extend Fertility, a consultation with Dr. Klein will convince you that you will be placed under great care and reassure you that you are doing the best thing for yourself by proactively preserving your fertility.
Dr. Klein is by far the best doctor I have ever had. His knowledge, patience, kindness and empathy are unsurpassed. After having multiple miscarriages and an unexplained infertility diagnosis, Dr. Klein gave me hope that I could still conceive a healthy child someday. He and the Extend Fertility team made this stressful process easier with their personalized care, organizational procedures and clear communication. During every step of the process, I was in contact with either a nurse or Dr. Klein, who reassured me of my progress. Dr. Klein, as busy as he was, never failed to answer my questions in great detail and in a manner that I could easily understand. He is a gem of a doctor and one in whom I have great confidence.
Antagonist protocol. 225 Follistim + 150 Menopur + Ganirelix + Lupron trigger. I think I over responded to the medication as my estrogen levels rose very quickly and very high. Dr. Klein adjusted my original trigger from Ovidrel to Lupron to prevent OHSS. The shots were a bit uncomfortable for me, probably because I am on the thinner side. 12 eggs were retrieved and 10 mature eggs were frozen. I was informed this was a great result for my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dayna)
Dayna and Alla were my primary nurses. They were both diligent in their care and clearly communicated my daily instructions via phone and email. They were also available during the visits and during the evenings whenever I had questions about the injections.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Finding and learning about Extend Fertility was a life changer for me. I've looked into other clinics and either 1) found their prices inexplicably high, given that I knew I would have to do multiple cycles because of my age, or 2) I didn't like the factory feel. Extend is a specialized clinic so it is smaller and is able to provide personalized and individualized care. Because of its focus, the pricing for egg freezing makes a lot more sense and makes the financial aspect more manageable. Be aware that the lab isn't fully complete yet but should be by Dec 2016. In the meantime, the retrievals are done in a surgical clinic in the UES.
$4990 for a minimum of 12 eggs and up to four egg freezing cycles, depending on your AMH level. About $3500 for meds.
Extend
When I had my miscarriage after my first iui cycle that morning I was rushed into his [Dr. Joshua Klein's] office and he sat with us as the clots passed and made sure we were able to understand what was going on. Although this process is taking way longer then expected I believe he's doing everything cautiously. The last cycle he's been more aggressive, and he makes sure we have a plan if this iui cycle doesn't work ivf is our next try
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I'm still undergoing treatment although he really is an amazing doctor. When I had my miscarriage after my first iui cycle that morning I was rushed into his office and he sat with us as the clots passed and made sure we were able to understand what was going on. Although this process is taking way longer then expected I believe he's doing everything cautiously. The last cycle he's been more aggressive, and he makes sure we have a plan if this iui cycle doesn't work ivf is our next try... we found out the end of this week if it worked.
To have patience, and to be optimistic... and to make sure to ask a million questions :)
He is extremely patient, kind, he sits with you and makes sure you understand everything completly and feel comfortable before getting started. Makes sure we know exactly what we are getting into. Never rushes. Always happy and cheerful
So before we started iui we were put on 2 rounds of clomid from my obgyn... once those 2 cycles failed we started seeing dr klein Iui #1- clomid 100 mg - ovidrell we got pregnant and had a miscarriage at 6 weeks- 3 follicles Iui #2 clomid 100 mg- day 3-7 ovidrell failed cycle- 2 follicles Iui #3 clomid 100 mg days 3-7-ovidrell failed cycle - 2 follicles Iui #4 letrozol 100mg days 3-7 ovidrell,failed cycle- 3 follicles Iui #5 letrozole 150 mg days 3-7 , ovidrell-failed iui- 2 follicles Iui #6 injectables gonal f 75 units monitoring, ovidrell ,failed iui 3follicles Iui #7 gonal f 85 units monitoring ovidrell- 4 follicles- waiting for results My husbands sperm count was lower in the beginning and the mortality wasn't too great... the last 2 cycles has improved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tobi)
She always makes sure to call you with results right away, has compassion towards you, and is friendly... definetly makes you feel comfortable and always try's to make you feel better when you don't get the results you want to hear
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Communication, appearance, compassionate, does what's right for you. Never fails to answer questions Weakness I would say since they just moved the office isn't so nice although it's worth it
Each cycle I believe is $1200... although to some ppl this doesn't sound like much but after 7 iuis it really adds up, and this doesn't include the cost for the medication... gonal f, ovidrell( $100) and tovthink of ivf is scary knowing the price. Although our dr is definetly good he works with us when it comes to payments
We have not started the ivf process so I am not sure
Extend
He was fine. He seemed honest and open and nice. But he wasn't involved much in my care that I could see. The facility is so big that he was a very small part of my care. I was always told that he was "reviewing" my data, but I never heard from him...Dr. Klein was fine. But he was a very small part of my experience at RMA.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Ask how many times you'll have contact with him during the course of your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was fine. But he was a very small part of my experience at RMA. I only saw him at the very beginning and the very end of my treatment. Everything in between was a new person or a nurse or a rotating doctor. I never felt like there was continuity of care or any attention to detail with my case. The main RMA office in midtown Manhattan is horrible. The waiting room is HUGE and it really feels like a cattle call of patients. My egg retrieval experience with RMA was absolutely one of the worst medical experiences of my life. I asked to meet the doctor before the procedure and was told I couldn't unless it was an emergency of some sort. When I was ushered into the operating room, loud rock and roll was playing and no one greeted me or made me feel like I was a human being. I truly felt like a piece of meat on an assembly line. I got to meet exactly zero people involved with my care -- did not get to meet the anesthesiologist or the embryologist or the primary doctor. When I was put on the table in the operating room and started weeping because I felt vulnerable and exposed, no one acknowledged me or how I was doing. In short, no one spoke to me. I was truly just a piece of meat. Horrific.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Can't remember exact protocols. But it was pretty standard IVF stuff.
They were different every time. The phlebotomists were the WORST and I had bruises all the time. The nursing staff did not seem to want to get involved in continuity of care. I asked if I could see the same person and was told that it was "whoever is on call." They all seemed young and disengaged.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The second (and successful) clinic I went to was Madison Women's Health on the UES. They are AMAZING. They are exactly what anyone would want -- individualized attention, specific nurses helping & calling everyday, great attention to detail, great bedside manner. I felt so confident and happy with this clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Ugh. Different person every time. Phlebotomists were truly awful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at RMA of New York.
Covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Brooklyn
Dr. Klein is very knowledgeable, has a great bedside manner. He is responsible, professional, and kind. I had a great experience with Dr Klein and his team. My treatment and procedure were handled professionally, worry- and pain-free...Dr Klein and his team make all the important information easily accessible but if you are unsure about something, just shoot them a quick email or give them a call...
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Klein is very knowledgeable, has a great bedside manner. He is responsible, professional, and kind. I had a great experience with Dr Klein and his team. My treatment and procedure were handled professionally, worry- and pain-free. Special kudos goes out to his team.
Making sure that you understand every step of the treatment is very important. Dr Klein and his team make all the important information easily accessible but if you are unsure about something, just shoot them a quick email or give them a call.
I have had an incredible experience with Extend Fertility. The process that led to the procedure lasted for about 10 days and during that period of time I felt really well taken care of. The procedure itself was a breeze. I would like to thank Dr. Klein, Dayna, Ilaina, Leslie, Jordana, the procedure room nurse Daniella and the entire incredible team for being so positive, welcoming, flexible, professional, organized, hard-working and nice. I recommend Extend Fertility and Dr Klein to everyone, who would like an "insurance policy" for having children later in life.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility.
I had two nurses assigned to me and both of them were excellent. I felt well taken care of at all times.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
What I liked most about Extend Fertility was their personalized approach to every patient. It felt like they genuinely care about their patients, one patient at a time. Great service and great results made me happy.
5 Eggs Frozen
If I can only can sum up my experience with Dr. Klein with one word, it would be "positive." When the cup was half full, it was half full, not half empty. That was the most important to me. As a bonus he was also kind, compassionate and sensitive. Going through this can never be easy, and I faced some challenges. I so appreciated his mild manners and easy touch...[Nurses at Extend were] Awesome! They seriously were my support team. From training to phone calls they were patient and caring. Alla held my hand until i was able to do it on my own, i really felt that they were rooting for me to succeed. During the egg retrieval i was treated like royalty...They were very professional, yet they didn't treat me like a number. Everyone was always friendly and smiling. I believe that freezing my eggs is probably the most important thing I have done for myself and would recommend anyone considering it to just do it and not wait. The biological clock is a real thing.
5 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
You are in a good place and in good hands.
Dr. Klein always took the time to put me at ease, he was very sensitive to my specific circumstances, and patiently answered all my questions. He was always cautiously optimistic and positive. This had a tremendous impact on my mental well-being going through the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alla and Dayna)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They were very easy-going with the times i could show up, making sure to schedule them on days that would be convenient for me.
Extend
Strengths [of Dr. Klein]: very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, made me feel optimistic while still being realistic about the expected outcome. Weaknesses: wouldn’t review my record before we spoke and would ask me questions that he could find in my records from previous visits...He is very busy, so be ready to be seen by other doctors in the practice. He has a lot of experience so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Strengths: very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, made me feel optimistic while still being realistic about the expected outcome. Weaknesses: wouldn’t review my record before we spoke and would ask me questions that he could find in my records from previous visits.
The doctor made jokes and had great bedside manner.
Menopur, follastim, ganireix, pregnyl. Side effects: bloating and injection site tenderness. I produced 9 mature eggs, of which 7 were considered apt for freezing.
Courteous, compassionate, knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Very organized and able to see me on time for my appointments. Space is very nice and welcoming. Staff is very professional. Website is great and they offer good online educational resources. Centrally located in midtown. Able to offer discounts at certain pharmacies.
$5000 for the egg retrieval. Medication was $3000 at the pharmacy.
23 Eggs Frozen
Dr Klein was very thorough through out the whole process...he explained everything to me in detail...was very patient with me and is very knowledgeable...made going through this process much easier then I expected...Your in good hands...The process entailed many blood tests and ultrasounds to insure the optimum outcome and my well being... I was monitored very closely dr Klein and his staff were always available for me through email or a phone call
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Klein was very thorough through out the whole process he explained everything to me in detail was very patient with me and is very knowledgeable and made going through this process much easier then I expected
Your in good hands
Dr. Klein and his staff are amazing! While being very professional they were caring and reassuring through the whole process! What they accomplish is truly miraculous!
The process entailed many blood tests and ultrasounds to insure the optimum outcome and my well being I injected myself with hormones and I was monitored very closely dr Klein and his staff were always available for me through email or a phone call
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jordana Feinklestein)
Jordana was my adviser and is amazing! She showed me a lot of compassion was always there for me! Any time I email her, which was often she got back to me right away!
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I had total trust in them and they made me feel like I was the only patient even though they had a full waiting room! They are professional and really kind and I looked forward to going to my appointments there!
19 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Klein is honest but in a gentle way. He does an excellent job of setting realistic expectations without trying to romanticize an arduous journey. He is also more accessible than most doctors I surveyed which provides an additional layer of comfort... My initial exam results were a bit unexpected and shocking but his team reassured me every step of the way, and given the initial diagnosis I couldn't be happier with my results.
19 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Be patient.
Dr. Klein and his staff were incredible through my journey. My initial exam results were a bit unexpected and shocking but his team reassured me every step of the way, and given the initial diagnosis I couldn't be happier with my results.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is relatively new and aesthetically pleasing. It feels more like a spa rather than a doctors waiting room. However, they have become really popular in NYC so waiting times may be a bit longer on busy days.
Egg retrieval about $5k and medications averaged between $3k-$7k. Storage is $475 per year.
Extend
[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly....Genuinely nice guy and really seemed to take control of my treatment to get my desired results...3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle. Reaulted in chemical pregnancy Frozen transfer resulted in twin pregnancy (carried out by different doctor because Joshua Klein left the practice)
Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan.
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Yes. I am a SMC and because my embryos were of good quality the first transfer was an eSET.
2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Klein is just an amazing, compassionate, caring human and he always made us feel like we were humans, not a number or even a patient. He always spent a lot of time with us and listened and answered our questions carefully. He was by far the best doctor I've had in any setting in my life...He was a perfect doctor. He spent a lot of time with us from the hours long first meeting to the monitoring visits when he would discuss results, what to expect, and answer all of our questions. He was thoughtful about treatment options and recommendations.
2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
He's the best doctor you'll ever have (now at Extend Fertility).
The major change was from a regular gonal f+menopur cycle to estrogen priming + gonal f + menopur
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were all great -- very accessible, clear and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: It's a smoothly run, large operation with lots of experience and data. Weaknesses: The size can make it feel like a factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call -- wait wasn't too bad at Brooklyn.
Covered by insurance
Once we did PGD he strongly counseled against transferring more than one embryo.
5 IUI, Surrogacy
Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive...Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
5 IUI, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor at Cornell Weill, who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive. After just one round of gonal f injections, careful monitoring and IUI I became pregnant with twins. Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
Brooklyn
He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Kind and patient, answered all questions.
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor with a great bedside manner. Kind and patient, answered all questions.
Go see him, he's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Amalie)
Kind and friendly.