Available by cell phone
ResidencyHarvard
FellowshipColumbia
200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joshua Klein to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Extend Fertility to a friend?
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
In 2017, I went through 2 egg freezing cycles [with Extend Fertility] which I had a total of 16 eggs frozen. In 2019, I started the IUI process. After 4 failed IUI attempts we decided to try for IVF cycle. My body didn’t take to the IVF medication so we fertilized my frozen eggs. 5 embryos were created using ICSI and then PGS tested. We transferred one which didn’t result in a pregnancy. I tried another round of IVF which this time my body took to the medications. Dr. Klein retrieved 10 eggs and 5 embryos were created using ICSI. I did not get PGS testing done. He transferred 2 and now I’m pregnant with twins.
Investment Banker
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is a great communicator. As I mentioned before, it’s necessary to provide the patient with statistics; however, he never left me without hope. I had my frozen eggs fertilized and it resulted in 5 embryos. I sent it out for PGS testing with 4 coming back abnormal and 1 inconclusive. He was willing to transfer the inconclusive as that is what I wanted- which did not lead to pregnancy. I then went through an IVF cycle and he was able to retrieve 10 eggs. Again, we had 5 embryos. This time I did not want to have PGS testing done- which Dr. Klein respected. He transferred two and now I’m pregnant with twins!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Have your questions ready because Dr. Klein is very thorough and ready to answer any questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Where do I start? It's been such a long journey for me. It started off in 2017 when I went through two rounds of egg freezing cycles at Extend. In 2019, I became an Expect Fertility client, as I was ready to begin my road to motherhood. Through it all, Dr. Klein has been extremely patient with my numerous questions. He has the best bedside manners and always thoughtful as he explains everything that he's doing. I'm a very detail oriented person and he was great with providing information without my having to ask. He's also very open minded to hear about my findings on the internet and discuss the subject matter. I never felt like he was condescending and he never scoffed at what I had to say. He truly listens to his patients. And he always had hope. I understand that in this industry, the doctor has to be data and statistics driven. As a patient, it's always nice when after given all of the ratios and numbers (which is a huge dream zapper), the doctor ends it with- it only takes one! It allowed me to keep the faith and stay optimistic.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
In 2017, I went through 2 egg freezing cycles which I had a total of 16 eggs frozen. In 2019, I started the IUI process. After 4 failed IUI attempts we decided to try for IVF cycle. My body didn’t take to the IVF medication so we fertilized my frozen eggs. 5 embryos were created using ICSI and then PGS tested. We transferred one which didn’t result in a pregnancy. I tried another round of IVF which this time my body took to the medications. Dr. Klein retrieved 10 eggs and 5 embryos were created using ICSI. I did not get PGS testing done. He transferred 2 and now I’m pregnant with twins.
Molly, Stephanie and Valerie. They had the most patience with me. I had SO many questions. They never seem exasperated with me. They made me feel like all of my questions and concerns were valid to them. When I had a situation happen- Valerie was calm while I was frantic. She said that she would call me in 30 minutes to check on my symptoms- and she called in exactly 30 min. She followed up a couple of more times afterwards. She truly cared.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The staff truly cares and treats you like a human. They call you by name and will cheer you on. If you get there first thing in the morning for monitoring, it’s easy to get in and out. It tends to get more crowded later in the morning.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
Early mornings when they first open would result in less patients in the waiting room. They would be more women as it got later in the morning. Though, even with a lot of women waiting- the staff were very efficient. They would get your blood work and shortly after you would have your ultrasound.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
I remember $5k for 2 egg freezing cycles (doesn’t include medications). I can’t remember IUI or IVF.
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.

22 Eggs Frozen
I had an excellent experience with [Dr.Joshua Klein] ...treated me like a person throughout the 3-years it took me to bank 22 eggs. I am 35 and have low ovarian reserve and am a poor performer...actually there for me...available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important...I traveled from the west coast 5 times to freeze eggs
During the lows, both the nurses and the doctor's were actually there for me, and made themselves available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important. Because of this, I'd recommend Extend Fertility to anyone...Dayna [nurse] became my biggest supporter throughout the three years I spent freezing eggs at Extend. As an out-of-state patient, she worked closely with me to schedule appointments, fax in orders to facilities in my home city, get questions answered quickly and responded to emails in less than 8 hours (and usually within the hour). Logistically, she is amazing-- and personally she is incredible. She is THE reason my experience at Extend has been so positive.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Klein and Extend Fertility. Even as a low performer and a low AMH, they were able to provide affordable rates that allowed me to meet my egg banking goals. I traveled from the west coast 5 times to freeze eggs at this clicic because of the affordable and comprehensive fertility care.
Your business is growing so fast! Add a phlebotomist to decrease morning wait times, or schedule actual appointment instead of a window. (This last trip, I waited over an hour for every monitoring visit).
Dr. Klein and all of his staff treated me like a person throughout the 3-years it took me to bank 22 eggs. I am 35 and have low ovarian reserve and am a poor performer. During the lows, both the nurses and the doctor's were actually there for me, and made themselves available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important. Because of this, I'd recommend Extend Fertility to anyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dayna Hennessy )
Dayna became my biggest supporter throughout the three years I spent freezing eggs at Extend. As an out-of-state patient, she worked closely with me to schedule appointments, fax in orders to facilities in my home city, get questions answered quickly and responded to emails in less than 8 hours (and usually within the hour). Logistically, she is amazing-- and personally she is incredible. She is THE reason my experience at Extend has been so positive.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend has some of the best rates in the country-- financially and scientifically. They offer affordable egg freezing without cutting corners or reducing the quality bar. Conservatively estimating, I saved $50k over the course of five freezing cycles by choosing Extend instead of local options.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
The monitoring experience has changed over time. As the business is growing, there are more women in the waiting room, so you should plan to be there for an hour. The front desk is extremely kind and helpful and the appointments are quick and informative. If you have a question or want to talk to a doctor instead of an ultrasound technician, you can.
The most affordable I could find, without reducing quality. Conservatively estimating, I saved $10k per cycle, or $50k over the course of five cycles compared to my local options.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Klein's practice [Extend Fertility] is staffed with warm nurses who greet you on those early morning blood test/ultra sound runs. They are careful and sensitive paying much attention to making you feel comfortable and under the greatest care.... Dr. Klein's Manhattan and new Brooklyn are beautiful airy and clean. There's a team of nurses and Dr's who are driven to help you achieve results. They also give you space to decide how you would like to move forward and are there to advise you on the best protocol. Trust them.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr.Klein has much experience in the field of RE and is highly regarded in the world of medicine. We chose him to assist us in our dream to become parents and are confident that will happen soon. His practice makes takes special care to understand religious and cultural restrictions in the world of assisted reproductive technology, adjusting timing of cycles accordingly. Each time we got to be seen by Dr. Klein we felt cared for and he was generally upbeat and more than willing to answer any of our Questions or concerns. Each cycle of ours was unique and there was always an attempt to make this one the best yet. We were advised to continue with ivf after 1 year of trying various other treatments. We will be doing so soon.
Come early to your appointments because you will be seen based on your arrival time!
Dr. Klein's practice is staffed with warm nurses who greet you on those early morning blood test/ultra sound runs. They are careful and sensitive paying much attention to making you feel comfortable and under the greatest care. Understandably results lie in G-d's hands but they are super positive and hopeful always wishing you well and to hear good news.
Most of our cycles went as planned. For some reason clomid and injectibles only got us 1 egg follicle each time which was a bummer. Twice we needed to slow down ovulation with ganirelex due to cultural restrictions. With unexplained infertility and no male factor issues we haven't gotten pregnant yet. Dr. Klein suggested ivf for our case but we pushed off a little bit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toby)
Toby is straightforward yet kind and compassionate always wishing for good news. Clear with instructions too.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
695 clomid/letrozol cycle (not including meds) 1350 injectible cycle ( not including meds) 200 iui
Haven't done ivf yet but I know Dr. Klein is not one for multiples as he's made it clear many times.

13 Eggs Frozen
HE [Dr. Klein] took the time to explain everything very well in our intro meeting, while i did not see him a lot during the cycle, he was available if I needed to speak with him and was very nice...He was knowledgable, kind, and was willing to explain every detail and possible outcome. I appreciated his candor and felt very comfortable speaking with him. And that I was in good care. My procedure went as expected and I felt like he was honest about my odds of retrieving healthy eggs. Which turned out even better than i expected. I was very comfortable in his care.
I loved the nursing staff [at Extend Fertility]. They are kind, compassionate, and thorough. Especially the doctors assistants who do the blood work and the vaginal ultra sounds. They gave me as much info as they were able to and were very sweet...Very few things went wrong, but just once or twice felt like we got down to the wire on getting results to adjust medication in time. But it only happened 1 time and otherwise were extremely on top of it.
13 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
You won't see him too much, but i was not too concerned about that. Overall the clinic sets a style of working with patients that I appreciated.
HE took the time to explain everything very well in our intro meeting, while i did not see him a lot during the cycle, he was available if I needed to speak with him and was very nice.
I loved the nursing staff. They are kind, compassionate, and thorough. Especially the doctors assistants who do the blood work and the vaginal ultra sounds. They gave me as much info as they were able to and were very sweet.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I love that the clinic is specifically geared towards women freezing eggs and not IVF. Since none of the patience are necessarily ready to have kids, they truly understand the needs of working professional women who are freezing eggs for later. They really kept focused on the fact we are planning for something in the future and likely have very busy lives right now. They are great at scheduling everything in a way that gets you in and out as quickly as possible. There can be personal embarrassment about freezing your eggs and they do such an amazing job of making you feel confident in your decision.
It was well under the rates at other clinics.

21 Eggs Frozen
I only saw him [Dr. Klein] once or twice for each of my two cycles but always made me feel comfortable and told me everything I needed to know- answering all questions. He did my second retrieval and made me feel at ease...Follistim 375 iu Menopur 2-3 vials/day cetrotide 4-5 shots, and ovidril trigger shot.... The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me.
Everyone [Extend Fertility] was so friendly and willing to help. The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me....They were very flexible with appointment times...Everyone knew my name and remembered me between cycles...Sarah was my fertility advisor and was amazing-I would email her with any questions or concerns and she always responded quickly.
21 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I only saw him once or twice for each of my two cycles but always made me feel comfortable and told me everything I needed to know- answering all questions. He did my second retrieval and made me feel at ease.
Ask him any questions you have to make sure you understand all steps and feel comfortable about the procedure
Everyone knew my name and remembered me between cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Steinle)
Sarah was my fertility advisor and was amazing-I would email her with any questions or concerns and she always responded quickly. I saw Ana the sonographer for most of my ultrasound-she was the best! So caring and informative. All the medical assistants were great- never had someone take my blood with such ease and barely any pain. All the nurses who called with medication information were so helpful with any questions. So thankful for Tania and Angela who went out of their way to help me!
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me. I just got lucky and mainly saw the ones I felt the most comfortable with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They were very flexible with appointment times- able to go in really early (7am) when needed to go to work. But was also able to do later around 9 when didn’t have to rush in. Appointments were quick and usually less than 30 minutes. I would get my blood taken then have an ultrasound then would be done.
They had plans based on your blood work and age. I paid $8050 for 3 cycles or 15 eggs whichever came first. I then had to pay $450 for storage and for medications. I got lucky and only had to pay for copays since my insurance covered most of the meds. My total medication cost for 2 cycles was $900

23 Eggs Frozen
Take advantage of the free consultation! Ask him [Dr. Joshua Klein] every question that crosses your mind...Our consultation lasted over an hour. It never felt rushed, and I received much more information and guidance than I expected...Dr. Klein participated in every single office visit... He made it personal and applicable to me, my age, my current situation... No complaints. He had a very high level of engagement which I couldn't be happier about.
There was only 1 day where they [nurses at Extend Fertility] didn't call me at the designated time to provide dosage instructions. I left a message with them and Dr. Klein called me within 30 min with instructions. I will say, they aren't the best with drawing blood. One nurse poked me a few times before I asked for a different nurse...Stimulation - $4990 Medication - $3052...The clinic is great in that it doesn't feel clinic-y at all. The lobby is warm and comfortable. I never saw more than 4 patients waiting in the lobby at one time. I have been to other clinics that felt cold, uncomfortable, and had farms of patients waiting to be called.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Joshua Klein did a wonderful job of making me feel like a human, instead of a number. I live in Chicago, but after our initial consultation, it was a no-brainer that I needed to fly to New York to have him do the procedure. I am so happy I did. He participated in every office visit. He took the time to educate me on each decision (timing, medication, etc.) and each step. One day, a nurse forgot to call me with dosage instructions. Dr. Klein called me, himself, to give the proper dosage info. No complaints. He had a very high level of engagement which I couldn't be happier about.
Take advantage of the free consultation! Ask him every question that crosses your mind.
Dr. Klein's consultation was very extensive and detailed. He made it personal and applicable to me, my age, my current situation. Our consultation lasted over an hour. It never felt rushed, and I received much more information and guidance than I expected. I have heard that with many other clinics, the nurses handle the office visits and the doctor is only seen at the time of egg extraction. This was not the case at Extend Fertility, as Dr. Klein participated in every single office visit.
Stimulation occurred over 9 days, with extraction on the 10th day. 1 vial of menupur throughout stimulation. I started with 225 units of Follistim, but it was reduced, as my follicles were growing quite quickly. Can't remember which trigger shot was used. There was logic to which one he wanted me to take, but I can't recall what it was.
Overall the nursing staff was great. I did not have a specific nurse I worked with, but they were all great, responsive, communicative, etc. There was only 1 day where they didn't call me at the designated time to provide dosage instructions. I left a message with them and Dr. Klein called me within 30 min with instructions. I will say, they aren't the best with drawing blood. One nurse poked me a few times before I asked for a different nurse.
Stimulation - $4990 Medication - $3052

23 Eggs Frozen
One thing I feel kind of unsure about is that when I told him [Dr. Joshua Klein] that I knew that the success rate of freezing and thawing eggs was not as high as freezing and thawing embryos, he disagreed with me and said otherwise. I am pretty sure that it is a known fact, but since his entire clinics business model is freezing eggs, I'm sure he feels that he has to believe this.
Extend is mainly for people who want to freeze eggs, so you will not have as many interactions with him [Dr. Klein] as you might if you were going through the full process of IVF, etc. I thought he was fine for the purposes of egg freezing, patient and answered questions throughout the process, but it was really the staff and the educational materials on Extend's website that were the standout for me.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I did not see Dr. Klein very much through the process, once at consultation and then again at the retrieval, but I did not really feel like I needed to see him that often, given that I was only doing an egg retrieval. He was very pleasant and kind when I did see him though. One thing I feel kind of unsure about is that when I told him that I knew that the success rate of freezing and thawing eggs was not as high as freezing and thawing embryos, he disagreed with me and said otherwise. I am pretty sure that it is a known fact, but since his entire clinics business model is freezing eggs, I'm sure he feels that he has to believe this.
Extend is mainly for people who want to freeze eggs, so you will not have as many interactions with him as you might if you were going through the full process of IVF, etc. I thought he was fine for the purposes of egg freezing, patient and answered questions throughout the process, but it was really the staff and the educational materials on Extend's website that were the standout for me.
I liked the Extend Fertility, the nurses were very sweet and kind and the clinic was never full. I never had to wait very long for my appointments, and the staff was very kind and understanding.
I have PCOS so I wasn't on the shots for very long - maybe a week and a half before they triggered with Lupron.
As I said, the staff was really the standout here. They were really compassionate, always available, and very pleasant.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is really nice, and there was never a long wait. I felt like I was going to a spa every time I visited. Very new, sterile, and modern. The educational materials they have available on their website are awesome. Everyone going through the IVF process should read those materials b/c they do such a good job of explaining it in a way that you can understand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It was really easy to make appointments, always available before work, and never had to wait long to get seen.
W extend, you pay around $5K. When I shopped around, it would have cost me at least $2K more to do it at a "normal" clinic.

PCOS, Unexplained
...he [Dr Joshua Klein] absolutely treats each patient as a human being. Every appointment when he's in the room you feel you have his undivided attention - and he's not just being courteous. He actually is giving you his attention, and thinks about what you're saying or asking. Eventhough when I would email him I would try to be brief and matter of fact so as not to take his time, he always responded very kindly. He goes out of his way for his patients, with a no-big-deal kind of attitude, really special doctor to have.
Excellent! I think it says something about Dr. Klein that everyone who works in his office [Extend Fertility] is kind and caring. I haven't found one exception. The value there is not on how much money they can rake in, but rather on caring for their patients - and it's across the board...I prefer not to get into specifics. But one thing i knew is that he [Dr. Joshua Klein] always remembered everything of my history and every strategy he used was carefully thought about.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is absolutely everything I could want in a doctor. Of course I'd be even happier if we never had to cross paths for this, but considering the circumstances, I feel so blessed to have him as my doctor. Having a doctor that you can trust is looking out for you and is reachable, explains things clearly really put my mind at ease throughout all the appointments. I didn't dread the visits or worry what would be - I felt like I was in the hands of the best doctor that I could be. He is really exceptional. He is a genuinely kind person, not out of fluff or diplomacy. And from what I understand, every patient feels that he is completely focused on them and creating the best outcome.
Just become his patient. You don't need any other advice.
This question best sums up where Dr. Klein stands out - he absolutely treats each patient as a human being. Every appointment when he's in the room you feel you have his undivided attention - and he's not just being courteous. He actually is giving you his attention, and thinks about what you're saying or asking. Eventhough when I would email him I would try to be brief and matter of fact so as not to take his time, he always responded very kindly. He goes out of his way for his patients, with a no-big-deal kind of attitude, really special doctor to have.
I prefer not to get into specifics. But one thing i knew is that he always remembered everything of my history and every strategy he used was carefully thought about.
Excellent! I think it says something about Dr. Klein that everyone who works in his office is kind and caring. I haven't found one exception. The value there is not on how much money they can rake in, but rather on caring for their patients - and it's across the board.

2013 - 2017
PCOS, Unexplained
I wish every physician in every field of medicine was as good as dr klein was as a Dr, both medically as well as emotionally for the patient going through a tough time. He was outstanding. He spent a tremendous amount of time from my very first consult until we had a successful pregnancy and I was discharged, explaining every scenario and walking me and my husband through the process and what to expect. As well as what our options would be moving forward.
I was seen in 2 different locations [at Extend Fertility] depending on the day of the week for monitoring and/or IUIs. Parking in Brooklyn was surprisingly good. And the city was ok but it was only on the weekends. I preferred the office in the city from an aesthetic point.... Nursing staff on blood draw days were amazing. Toby was blunt, said things like they were and always clear with directions and good with call backs.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
To be prepared to have an amazing experience with him and his staff. Just to keep in mind that some days there will be a long wait time.
I have never experienced the care and compassion Dr Klein showed with any dr I’ve ever been to before him.
One thing that stands out is how I was not responding well to injectables and had to continue taking them longer than the expected time. Dr Klein kept a close watch every step of the way to ensure that we scheduled the IUI at the most optimal time, and not have too many viable eggs available, which he warned could result in a higher chance of multiples.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I was seen in 2 different locations depending on the day of the week for monitoring and/or IUIs. Parking in Brooklyn was surprisingly good. And the city was ok but it was only on the weekends. I preferred the office in the city from an aesthetic point.
Dr Klein did not accept insurance when I was a patient. But my insurance had zero infertility coverage. Since I had to pay out of pocket regardless of who I saw, he was my first choice and priced well compared to other doctors.
I very much wanted twins when we discussed IVF as a possibility, and Dr Klein explained the downsides very well and after his explanation I do not believe it is something I’d opt for moving forward.
+ Read more- Read less
The thing I liked most about him [Dr. Joshua Klein], was his friendly, easy demeanor and the fact that he was so easy to talk to. He was very honest, and didn't sugar coat anything, but did so with so much sensitivity, and warmth, which made all the difference for me. The few other times that I saw his partner, Dr.Cort, he was also really patient and warm. Both doctors were very knowledgable and didn't try to pressure me in any way. They very much included me in the decisions, and after giving me the facts about each stage, let me make decisions if I wanted to. My impression is that both Dr. Klein and Dr. Cort really know their field, and are really smart, and I definitely felt like I was in good hands while they treated me.
He [Dr. Joshua Klein] was very honest, and didn't sugar coat anything, but did so with so much sensitivity, and warmth, which made all the difference for me. The few other times that I saw his partner [at Extend Fertility], Dr.Cort, he was also really patient and warm. Both doctors were very knowledgable and didn't try to pressure me in any way. They very much included me in the decisions, and after giving me the facts about each stage, let me make decisions if I wanted to. My impression is that both Dr. Klein and Dr. Cort really know their field, and are really smart, and I definitely felt like I was in good hands while they treated me.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I found Dr. Klein to be very empathetic and supportive. My situation was unique for many reasons (as are so many situations). He was understanding, never forgot my details, and explained everything in the context of my situation. The thing I liked most about him, was his friendly, easy demeanor and the fact that he was so easy to talk to. He was very honest, and didn't sugar coat anything, but did so with so much sensitivity, and warmth, which made all the difference for me. The few other times that I saw his partner, Dr.Cort, he was also really patient and warm. Both doctors were very knowledgable and didn't try to pressure me in any way. They very much included me in the decisions, and after giving me the facts about each stage, let me make decisions if I wanted to. My impression is that both Dr. Klein and Dr. Cort really know their field, and are really smart, and I definitely felt like I was in good hands while they treated me.
Don't let his boyish looks fool you! He might look young, but he is extremely capable.
The staff were trained to be extra sensitive to each patients personal, and cultural situation. At both locations of this clinic the staff was very careful not to call my name when it was my turn if there were other patients present. The staff were extremely attentive and patient before and during the retrieval. Because this is a smaller clinic, I felt like was an important member of their clinic. Questions, submitted by email or by phone, were answered promptly (usually within an hour) by the doctor or head nurse, no matter what time of day it was. Although the doctor had many patients to see, I never felt rushed when he was with me. He answered all my questions no matter how repetitive they might have been, he was reassuring but honest and realistic with me, which really helped lower my anxiety. The level of sensitivity was really outstanding.
I took Gonal F and medipur for the first 12 days of my cycle, and then two more drugs to help with ovulation before my eggs were retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alla Khamermesh)
All of the staff members showed extreme sensitivity to me and my personal situation. The nurses not only made sure I was comfortable, but were also culturally sensitive to my religious and cultural background. For example, at their boro park location in brooklyn, the nurses never ask u to say your name out loud. Instead, they will ask u to write it down. They also won't use your name to get your attention or call you in, and instead will either walk over to you or make eye contact and nod when it is your turn. This tiny show of sensitivity demonstrated to me that the staff understood and respected the fact that the community is very close knit, that everyone knows each other and that this is a very private personal journey for each woman there. Alla especially was considerate of my personal circumstances, and went to lengths to ensure that I didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable, for example by having me wait in a different area to a woman who was trying to have a baby, as I wasn't able to do that due to my difficult relationship status. Her patience and compassion were touching. This combined with her fast and efficient response to all my queries really made me feel like she was by my side the whole way through.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I understand that the clinic has moved from the location they were in while I was a patient there, to a different location, so I can't say much about the new Manhattan location. The location in Brooklyn, is discreet, and comfortable. Come early to avoid a wait, as the doctor likes to give each patient as much time as they need. Patients should remember to check the parking signs on the street, and park on the side streets. The avenue has street cleaning every morning between 8-9 am!!!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I paid $4990 for the cycle. This includes everything except, lab work, storage and medications.

10 Eggs Frozen
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
His [Dr. Klein's] knowledge, patience, kindness and empathy are unsurpassed. After having multiple miscarriages and an unexplained infertility diagnosis, Dr. Klein gave me hope that I could still conceive a healthy child someday. He and the Extend Fertility team made this stressful process easier with their personalized care, organizational procedures and clear communication. During every step of the process, I was in contact with either a nurse or Dr. Klein, who reassured me of my progress. Dr. Klein, as busy as he was, never failed to answer my questions in great detail and in a manner that I could easily understand. He is a gem of a doctor and one in whom I have great confidence...
Finding and learning about Extend Fertility was a life changer for me. I've looked into other clinics and either 1) found their prices inexplicably high, given that I knew I would have to do multiple cycles because of my age, or 2) I didn't like the factory feel. Extend is a specialized clinic so it is smaller and is able to provide personalized and individualized care. Because of its focus, the pricing for egg freezing makes a lot more sense and makes the financial aspect more manageable. Be aware that the lab isn't fully complete yet but should be by Dec 2016. In the meantime, the retrievals are done in a surgical clinic in the UES...
10 Eggs Frozen
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is super kind, patient, brilliant and detail oriented. He has a way of exuding confidence in his care and expertise, and his approach, especially open communication and detailed responses, put me at ease. His upbeat, positive personality also made the monitoring visits more bearable.
If you are considering Extend Fertility, a consultation with Dr. Klein will convince you that you will be placed under great care and reassure you that you are doing the best thing for yourself by proactively preserving your fertility.
Dr. Klein is by far the best doctor I have ever had. His knowledge, patience, kindness and empathy are unsurpassed. After having multiple miscarriages and an unexplained infertility diagnosis, Dr. Klein gave me hope that I could still conceive a healthy child someday. He and the Extend Fertility team made this stressful process easier with their personalized care, organizational procedures and clear communication. During every step of the process, I was in contact with either a nurse or Dr. Klein, who reassured me of my progress. Dr. Klein, as busy as he was, never failed to answer my questions in great detail and in a manner that I could easily understand. He is a gem of a doctor and one in whom I have great confidence.
Antagonist protocol. 225 Follistim + 150 Menopur + Ganirelix + Lupron trigger. I think I over responded to the medication as my estrogen levels rose very quickly and very high. Dr. Klein adjusted my original trigger from Ovidrel to Lupron to prevent OHSS. The shots were a bit uncomfortable for me, probably because I am on the thinner side. 12 eggs were retrieved and 10 mature eggs were frozen. I was informed this was a great result for my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dayna)
Dayna and Alla were my primary nurses. They were both diligent in their care and clearly communicated my daily instructions via phone and email. They were also available during the visits and during the evenings whenever I had questions about the injections.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
$4990 for a minimum of 12 eggs and up to four egg freezing cycles, depending on your AMH level. About $3500 for meds.
+ Read more- Read less

When I had my miscarriage after my first iui cycle that morning I was rushed into his [Dr. Joshua Klein's] office and he sat with us as the clots passed and made sure we were able to understand what was going on. Although this process is taking way longer then expected I believe he's doing everything cautiously. The last cycle he's been more aggressive, and he makes sure we have a plan if this iui cycle doesn't work ivf is our next try
She [the nurse at Extend Fertility] always makes sure to call you with results right away, has compassion towards you, and is friendly... definetly makes you feel comfortable and always try's to make you feel better when you don't get the results you want to hear... Each cycle I believe is $1200.... Although our dr is definetly good he works with us when it comes to payments.... He is extremely patient, kind, he sits with you and makes sure you understand everything completly and feel comfortable before getting started. Makes sure we know exactly what we are getting into. Never rushes. Always happy and cheerful
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I'm still undergoing treatment although he really is an amazing doctor. When I had my miscarriage after my first iui cycle that morning I was rushed into his office and he sat with us as the clots passed and made sure we were able to understand what was going on. Although this process is taking way longer then expected I believe he's doing everything cautiously. The last cycle he's been more aggressive, and he makes sure we have a plan if this iui cycle doesn't work ivf is our next try... we found out the end of this week if it worked.
To have patience, and to be optimistic... and to make sure to ask a million questions :)
So before we started iui we were put on 2 rounds of clomid from my obgyn... once those 2 cycles failed we started seeing dr klein Iui #1- clomid 100 mg - ovidrell we got pregnant and had a miscarriage at 6 weeks- 3 follicles Iui #2 clomid 100 mg- day 3-7 ovidrell failed cycle- 2 follicles Iui #3 clomid 100 mg days 3-7-ovidrell failed cycle - 2 follicles Iui #4 letrozol 100mg days 3-7 ovidrell,failed cycle- 3 follicles Iui #5 letrozole 150 mg days 3-7 , ovidrell-failed iui- 2 follicles Iui #6 injectables gonal f 75 units monitoring, ovidrell ,failed iui 3follicles Iui #7 gonal f 85 units monitoring ovidrell- 4 follicles- waiting for results My husbands sperm count was lower in the beginning and the mortality wasn't too great... the last 2 cycles has improved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tobi)
She always makes sure to call you with results right away, has compassion towards you, and is friendly... definetly makes you feel comfortable and always try's to make you feel better when you don't get the results you want to hear
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Communication, appearance, compassionate, does what's right for you. Never fails to answer questions Weakness I would say since they just moved the office isn't so nice although it's worth it
Each cycle I believe is $1200... although to some ppl this doesn't sound like much but after 7 iuis it really adds up, and this doesn't include the cost for the medication... gonal f, ovidrell( $100) and tovthink of ivf is scary knowing the price. Although our dr is definetly good he works with us when it comes to payments
We have not started the ivf process so I am not sure
+ Read more- Read less

He was fine. He seemed honest and open and nice. But he wasn't involved much in my care that I could see. The facility is so big that he was a very small part of my care. I was always told that he was "reviewing" my data, but I never heard from him...Dr. Klein was fine. But he was a very small part of my experience at RMA.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Ask how many times you'll have contact with him during the course of your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was fine. But he was a very small part of my experience at RMA. I only saw him at the very beginning and the very end of my treatment. Everything in between was a new person or a nurse or a rotating doctor. I never felt like there was continuity of care or any attention to detail with my case. The main RMA office in midtown Manhattan is horrible. The waiting room is HUGE and it really feels like a cattle call of patients. My egg retrieval experience with RMA was absolutely one of the worst medical experiences of my life. I asked to meet the doctor before the procedure and was told I couldn't unless it was an emergency of some sort. When I was ushered into the operating room, loud rock and roll was playing and no one greeted me or made me feel like I was a human being. I truly felt like a piece of meat on an assembly line. I got to meet exactly zero people involved with my care -- did not get to meet the anesthesiologist or the embryologist or the primary doctor. When I was put on the table in the operating room and started weeping because I felt vulnerable and exposed, no one acknowledged me or how I was doing. In short, no one spoke to me. I was truly just a piece of meat. Horrific.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Can't remember exact protocols. But it was pretty standard IVF stuff.
They were different every time. The phlebotomists were the WORST and I had bruises all the time. The nursing staff did not seem to want to get involved in continuity of care. I asked if I could see the same person and was told that it was "whoever is on call." They all seemed young and disengaged.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The second (and successful) clinic I went to was Madison Women's Health on the UES. They are AMAZING. They are exactly what anyone would want -- individualized attention, specific nurses helping & calling everyday, great attention to detail, great bedside manner. I felt so confident and happy with this clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Ugh. Different person every time. Phlebotomists were truly awful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at RMA of New York.
Covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Joshua Klein] is very knowledgeable and patiently explains the process and everything about it...does lean towards single embryo transfer since there is always the chance it may split and result in twins he rather not take the chance of then possibly having triplets or more...he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval...is fully present by each appointment and really listens to his patients and their concerns. He takes the time to explain all the information and answer any questions to make his patients as comfortable with the process as possible
Overall I have been really happy at expect fertility [Extend Fertility]. The staff are all nice and the atmosphere is pleasant... One example that stands out is the day of my egg retrieval the Dr. On call was not Dr. Klein who did my initial consultation and on his own he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval. Also the nurses are all so sweet and helpful...They [nurses] are all super helpful and aiming to please. They really were instrumental in making the ivf process as stress free as can be
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is fully present by each appointment and really listens to his patients and their concerns. He takes the time to explain all the information and answer any questions to make his patients as comfortable with the process as possible
Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like. Dr. Klein is very knowledgeable and patiently explains the process and everything about it
So far I’ve had a really great experience at Expect Fertility. One example that stands out is the day of my egg retrieval the Dr. On call was not Dr. Klein who did my initial consultation and on his own he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval. Also the nurses are all so sweet and helpful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Fertility advisor Jordana )
The nursing staff at expect fertility are the nicest group of women I’ve ever experienced. They are all super helpful and aiming to please. They really were instrumental in making the ivf process as stress free as can be
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Overall I have been really happy at expect fertility. The staff are all nice and the atmosphere is pleasant. They have a state of the art lab which is super important for treatments to yield positive results
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
Their monitoring window was for a couple of hours in the morning. I was able to go in and still be at work on time. It is a first come first serve basis yet they were quick and professional. This method worked well for me since there was no pressure for a specific appointment time and there was a lower wait time as well since they took you in as you came
Dr. Klein does lean towards single embryo transfer since there is always the chance it may split and result in twins he rather not take the chance of then possibly having triplets or more
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Klein is very knowledgeable, has a great bedside manner. He is responsible, professional, and kind. I had a great experience with Dr Klein and his team. My treatment and procedure were handled professionally, worry- and pain-free...Dr Klein and his team make all the important information easily accessible but if you are unsure about something, just shoot them a quick email or give them a call...
I had two nurses assigned to me [at Extend Fertility] and both of them were excellent. I felt well taken care of at all times...What I liked most about Extend Fertility was their personalized approach to every patient. It felt like they genuinely care about their patients, one patient at a time. Great service and great results made me happy...The process that led to the procedure lasted for about 10 days and during that period of time I felt really well taken care of. The procedure itself was a breeze. I would like to thank Dr. Klein, Dayna, Ilaina, Leslie, Jordana, the procedure room nurse Daniella and the entire incredible team for being so positive, welcoming, flexible, professional, organized, hard-working and nice.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Klein is very knowledgeable, has a great bedside manner. He is responsible, professional, and kind. I had a great experience with Dr Klein and his team. My treatment and procedure were handled professionally, worry- and pain-free. Special kudos goes out to his team.
Making sure that you understand every step of the treatment is very important. Dr Klein and his team make all the important information easily accessible but if you are unsure about something, just shoot them a quick email or give them a call.
I have had an incredible experience with Extend Fertility. The process that led to the procedure lasted for about 10 days and during that period of time I felt really well taken care of. The procedure itself was a breeze. I would like to thank Dr. Klein, Dayna, Ilaina, Leslie, Jordana, the procedure room nurse Daniella and the entire incredible team for being so positive, welcoming, flexible, professional, organized, hard-working and nice. I recommend Extend Fertility and Dr Klein to everyone, who would like an "insurance policy" for having children later in life.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility.
I had two nurses assigned to me and both of them were excellent. I felt well taken care of at all times.

5 Eggs Frozen
If I can only can sum up my experience with Dr. Klein with one word, it would be "positive." When the cup was half full, it was half full, not half empty. That was the most important to me. As a bonus he was also kind, compassionate and sensitive. Going through this can never be easy, and I faced some challenges. I so appreciated his mild manners and easy touch...[Nurses at Extend were] Awesome! They seriously were my support team. From training to phone calls they were patient and caring. Alla held my hand until i was able to do it on my own, i really felt that they were rooting for me to succeed. During the egg retrieval i was treated like royalty...They were very professional, yet they didn't treat me like a number. Everyone was always friendly and smiling. I believe that freezing my eggs is probably the most important thing I have done for myself and would recommend anyone considering it to just do it and not wait. The biological clock is a real thing.
5 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
You are in a good place and in good hands.
Dr. Klein always took the time to put me at ease, he was very sensitive to my specific circumstances, and patiently answered all my questions. He was always cautiously optimistic and positive. This had a tremendous impact on my mental well-being going through the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alla and Dayna)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They were very easy-going with the times i could show up, making sure to schedule them on days that would be convenient for me.

22 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Joshua Klein] spent a lot of time with me in the consultation (over 45 minutes) going through lots of details about the process and answering all my questions. Dr. Klein also made himself available via email for any follow-up questions and he answered right away...he went through the process in detail with me and answered all my questions. This gave me comfort...as my decision to go through the egg freezing process. Dr. Klein is also very kind.
Strengths are good location [of Extend Fertility] on 57th and 7th in Manhattan, clean and bright office, friendly staff, and they generally get you in and out of appointments quickly. The weakness is that the waiting area is fairly small, so at times they had to use an extra conference room for waiting seating. On one or two of my visits for blood work and an ultrasound, I waited for longer than I would have liked to be seen.
Investor
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein was very responsive to email communications, he went through the process in detail with me and answered all my questions. This gave me comfort in choosing Extend Fertility as well as my decision to go through the egg freezing process. Dr. Klein is also very kind.
Ask him as many questions as you need!
He spent a lot of time with me in the consultation (over 45 minutes) going through lots of details about the process and answering all my questions. Dr. Klein also made himself available via email for any follow-up questions and he answered right away.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Strengths are good location on 57th and 7th in Manhattan, clean and bright office, friendly staff, and they generally get you in and out of appointments quickly. The weakness is that the waiting area is fairly small, so at times they had to use an extra conference room for waiting seating. On one or two of my visits for blood work and an ultrasound, I waited for longer than I would have liked to be seen.
The cost of the office portion was $5,500 for the egg freezing cycle and the medications were extra.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Klein] was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.... I only have one embryo to transfer, but he said he did not like to risk losing multiple embryos in one shot, along with the risk of multiples.
Because much of this new practice is still entwined with the egg freezing practice (Extend), there is a high volume of patients, but Dr. Klein and his team ensured that there was a personal quality to visits and treatment.... It's busy, and I did feel like I had to follow up with certain aspects of treatment (e.g., making sure the pharmacy had my medication orders, etc.). I think this may have been because I began my cycle on a holiday, however.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
He was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.
Expect to see a wide variety of doctors and nurses in the course of your treatment.
IVF -- Menopur & Follistim.
They were very warm and made sure to follow up every day.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
They are about half as much as other clinics, and they are also very clear in advance. I previously did IUI cycles at another clinic and they ended up costing about three times what I was told to expect. There were no surprises with Expect.
+ Read more- Read less

Strengths [of Dr. Klein]: very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, made me feel optimistic while still being realistic about the expected outcome. Weaknesses: wouldn’t review my record before we spoke and would ask me questions that he could find in my records from previous visits...He is very busy, so be ready to be seen by other doctors in the practice. He has a lot of experience so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
[Nurses at Extend Fertility are ] Courteous, compassionate, knowledgeable...$5000 for the egg retrieval. Medication was $3000 at the pharmacy...Very organized and able to see me on time for my appointments. Space is very nice and welcoming. Staff is very professional. Website is great and they offer good online educational resources. Centrally located in midtown. Able to offer discounts at certain pharmacies.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Strengths: very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, made me feel optimistic while still being realistic about the expected outcome. Weaknesses: wouldn’t review my record before we spoke and would ask me questions that he could find in my records from previous visits.
The doctor made jokes and had great bedside manner.
Menopur, follastim, ganireix, pregnyl. Side effects: bloating and injection site tenderness. I produced 9 mature eggs, of which 7 were considered apt for freezing.
Courteous, compassionate, knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
$5000 for the egg retrieval. Medication was $3000 at the pharmacy.

23 Eggs Frozen
Dr Klein was very thorough through out the whole process...he explained everything to me in detail...was very patient with me and is very knowledgeable...made going through this process much easier then I expected...Your in good hands...The process entailed many blood tests and ultrasounds to insure the optimum outcome and my well being... I was monitored very closely dr Klein and his staff were always available for me through email or a phone call
I had total trust in them [Extend Fertility] and they made me feel like I was the only patient even though they had a full waiting room! They are professional and really kind and I looked forward to going to my appointments there!...staff are amazing! While being very professional they were caring and reassuring through the whole process! What they accomplish is truly miraculous!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Klein was very thorough through out the whole process he explained everything to me in detail was very patient with me and is very knowledgeable and made going through this process much easier then I expected
Your in good hands
Dr. Klein and his staff are amazing! While being very professional they were caring and reassuring through the whole process! What they accomplish is truly miraculous!
The process entailed many blood tests and ultrasounds to insure the optimum outcome and my well being I injected myself with hormones and I was monitored very closely dr Klein and his staff were always available for me through email or a phone call
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jordana Feinklestein)
Jordana was my adviser and is amazing! She showed me a lot of compassion was always there for me! Any time I email her, which was often she got back to me right away!
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I had total trust in them and they made me feel like I was the only patient even though they had a full waiting room! They are professional and really kind and I looked forward to going to my appointments there!
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Joshua Klein] always made sure to be on call for my procedures He always helped me stay positive and hopeful he showed true compassion and interest in my care/needs even after success. He is always available by email and phone if needed...first IVF protocol was "micro- flare" which resulted in "funky" egg behavior. The next cycle was antagonist with high dosage of Gonal- F and 3rd and most successful cycle was antagonist with lower dosage of Gonal- F which resulted in better egg quality.
The office [of Extend Fertility] is a nice and warm environment...Feels very welcoming...Nurses are always smiling and compassionate...They could work on communication skills...like calling back and getting questions answered more efficiently...very fairly priced (compared to other clinics)...Dr. Klein was not a fan of transferring multiple embryos but would have agreed if I begged enough...first IVF protocol was "micro- flare" which resulted in "funky" egg behavior. The next cycle was antagonist with high dosage of Gonal- F and 3rd and most successful cycle was antagonist with lower dosage of Gonal- F which resulted in better egg quality.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein always made sure to be on call for my procedures He always helped me stay positive and hopeful he showed true compassion and interest in my care/needs even after success. He is always available by email and phone if needed.
dont be afraid to ask questions
Dr Klein is always available by email He always takes the time to respond in detail and made sure to be on call for all my procedures
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The office is a nice and warm environment Feels very welcoming Nurses are always smiling and compassionate They could work on communication skills...like calling back and getting questions answered more efficiently
very fairly priced (compared to other clinics)

19 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Klein is honest but in a gentle way. He does an excellent job of setting realistic expectations without trying to romanticize an arduous journey. He is also more accessible than most doctors I surveyed which provides an additional layer of comfort... My initial exam results were a bit unexpected and shocking but his team reassured me every step of the way, and given the initial diagnosis I couldn't be happier with my results.
Egg retrieval [at Extend Fertility is] about $5k and medications averaged between $3k-$7k. Storage is $475 per year...The clinic is relatively new and aesthetically pleasing. It feels more like a spa rather than a doctors waiting room. However, they have become really popular in NYC so waiting times may be a bit longer on busy days...Dr. Klein is honest but in a gentle way. He does an excellent job of setting realistic expectations without trying to romanticize an arduous journey. He is also more accessible than most doctors I surveyed which provides an additional layer of comfort.
19 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Be patient.
Dr. Klein and his staff were incredible through my journey. My initial exam results were a bit unexpected and shocking but his team reassured me every step of the way, and given the initial diagnosis I couldn't be happier with my results.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Egg retrieval about $5k and medications averaged between $3k-$7k. Storage is $475 per year.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly....Genuinely nice guy and really seemed to take control of my treatment to get my desired results...3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They [RMA] had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan....[Nursing Staff] Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information...[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle. Reaulted in chemical pregnancy Frozen transfer resulted in twin pregnancy (carried out by different doctor because Joshua Klein left the practice)
Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan.
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Yes. I am a SMC and because my embryos were of good quality the first transfer was an eSET.

2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Klein is just an amazing, compassionate, caring human and he always made us feel like we were humans, not a number or even a patient. He always spent a lot of time with us and listened and answered our questions carefully. He was by far the best doctor I've had in any setting in my life...He was a perfect doctor. He spent a lot of time with us from the hours long first meeting to the monitoring visits when he would discuss results, what to expect, and answer all of our questions. He was thoughtful about treatment options and recommendations.
[RMA of New York] Strengths: It's a smoothly run, large operation with lots of experience and data. Weaknesses: The size can make it feel like a factory...[Nursing staff] They were all great -- very accessible, clear and helpful...[monitoring appointments] Cattle call -- wait wasn't too bad at Brooklyn....Dr. Klein is just an amazing, compassionate, caring human and he always made us feel like we were humans, not a number or even a patient.
2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
He's the best doctor you'll ever have (now at Extend Fertility).
The major change was from a regular gonal f+menopur cycle to estrogen priming + gonal f + menopur
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were all great -- very accessible, clear and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call -- wait wasn't too bad at Brooklyn.
Covered by insurance
Once we did PGD he strongly counseled against transferring more than one embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York.

5 IUI, Surrogacy
Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive...Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor...who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein [of RMA New York] was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive.
5 IUI, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor at Cornell Weill, who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive. After just one round of gonal f injections, careful monitoring and IUI I became pregnant with twins. Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
The welcoming staff [at RMA of New York] weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could...You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!...Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.

3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Kind and patient, answered all questions.
[Nurses are] kind and friendly.
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor with a great bedside manner. Kind and patient, answered all questions.
Go see him, he's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Amalie)
Kind and friendly.

8 Eggs Frozen
Dr Klein is very nice...But the methods they use are so aggressive and ineffective. They are very rigid with statics, and treat every patient like how a textbook would instruct. They try to pump as much medication into you as possible, hoping to get the best results. But it turned out to be very counterproductive and I am afraid its harmful to my body in the long run. And the results are so poor. I only got 50% of mature eggs the first time, and the second time half of the eggs magically disappeared ( I think they ovulated earlier because the doctor was late!)
8 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I wish someone had shared their experiences with Extend, so I could have skipped my 2 cycles with them, and saved my ovaries Dont take me wrong, Dr Klein is very nice. The clinic is pretty well organized. (Dr G is a different story. Very rude and impatient ) But the methods they use are so aggressive and ineffective. They are very rigid with statics, and treat every patient like how a textbook would instruct. They try to pump as much medication into you as possible, hoping to get the best results. But it turned out to be very counterproductive and I am afraid its harmful to my body in the long run. And the results are so poor. I only got 50% of mature eggs the first time, and the second time half of the eggs magically disappeared ( I think they ovulated earlier because the doctor was late!) They use manupor unnecessarily. They ask you to inject full dose of ganerilx every shot. They don't time well the ovulation Window. They just rigidly go by the 36 hours rule. (I strongly suspect in the second cycle, the missed the ovulation window, and lost half counts of my eggs. Because the count of eggs was only half of what the unltrasound indicated. But the doctor was not willing to tell me why. They tried to hide the reasons. I even got yelled by doctor G for asking about the reason ) I only found out how these things are wrong after I went to New Hope for my third cycle this month. I was pretty skeptical about them at the beginning, and even wanted to go back to the extend. The extend sells them well for all the charts and statistic based result predication But at New Hope, they customize the medication for you. I didn't have to use manupor. They minimize both the ganerilx and trigger shots. I felt less influenced by the drug during the whole cycle. And the result was better. New hope is not the best. For example, they could have given me the wrong trigger shot medication if I didn't triple check with the nurse. just for a full disclosure But if I could have done it again, I wouldn't have gone to the extend at all. I feel really regretted, not for the money, but worried about how all the cycles might have impacted my health. But it's my fault that I didn't do a thorough research first. So I just want to share the experience here. I hope it will help someone who is going through the same situation-- egg freezing
Don’t go to that clinic