6.7

Joshua Klein works at

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

2017, 23 Eggs Frozen
One thing I feel kind of unsure about is that when I told him [Dr. Joshua Klein] that I knew that the success rate of freezing and thawing eggs was not as high as freezing and thawing embryos, he disagreed with me and said otherwise. I am pretty sure that it is a known fact, but since his entire clinics business model is freezing eggs, I'm sure he feels that he has to believe this.
Extend is mainly for people who want to freeze eggs, so you will not have as many interactions with him [Dr. Klein] as you might if you were going through the full process of IVF, etc. I thought he was fine for the purposes of egg freezing, patient and answered questions throughout the process, but it was really the staff and the educational materials on Extend's website that were the standout for me.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I did not see Dr. Klein very much through the process, once at consultation and then again at the retrieval, but I did not really feel like I needed to see him that often, given that I was only doing an egg retrieval. He was very pleasant and kind when I did see him though. One thing I feel kind of unsure about is that when I told him that I knew that the success rate of freezing and thawing eggs was not as high as freezing and thawing embryos, he disagreed with me and said otherwise. I am pretty sure that it is a known fact, but since his entire clinics business model is freezing eggs, I'm sure he feels that he has to believe this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Extend is mainly for people who want to freeze eggs, so you will not have as many interactions with him as you might if you were going through the full process of IVF, etc. I thought he was fine for the purposes of egg freezing, patient and answered questions throughout the process, but it was really the staff and the educational materials on Extend's website that were the standout for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I liked the Extend Fertility, the nurses were very sweet and kind and the clinic was never full. I never had to wait very long for my appointments, and the staff was very kind and understanding.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
I have PCOS so I wasn't on the shots for very long - maybe a week and a half before they triggered with Lupron.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
As I said, the staff was really the standout here. They were really compassionate, always available, and very pleasant.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is really nice, and there was never a long wait. I felt like I was going to a spa every time I visited. Very new, sterile, and modern. The educational materials they have available on their website are awesome. Everyone going through the IVF process should read those materials b/c they do such a good job of explaining it in a way that you can understand.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It was really easy to make appointments, always available before work, and never had to wait long to get seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
W extend, you pay around $5K. When I shopped around, it would have cost me at least $2K more to do it at a "normal" clinic.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
The only thing I wish that they did was send me paperwork to confirm the number of eggs retrieved. But when I called and asked for it, they sent it right away.

2015, Unsuccessful
He was fine. He seemed honest and open and nice. But he wasn't involved much in my care that I could see. The facility is so big that he was a very small part of my care. I was always told that he was "reviewing" my data, but I never heard from him...Dr. Klein was fine. But he was a very small part of my experience at RMA.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Ask how many times you'll have contact with him during the course of your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was fine. But he was a very small part of my experience at RMA. I only saw him at the very beginning and the very end of my treatment. Everything in between was a new person or a nurse or a rotating doctor. I never felt like there was continuity of care or any attention to detail with my case. The main RMA office in midtown Manhattan is horrible. The waiting room is HUGE and it really feels like a cattle call of patients. My egg retrieval experience with RMA was absolutely one of the worst medical experiences of my life. I asked to meet the doctor before the procedure and was told I couldn't unless it was an emergency of some sort. When I was ushered into the operating room, loud rock and roll was playing and no one greeted me or made me feel like I was a human being. I truly felt like a piece of meat on an assembly line. I got to meet exactly zero people involved with my care -- did not get to meet the anesthesiologist or the embryologist or the primary doctor. When I was put on the table in the operating room and started weeping because I felt vulnerable and exposed, no one acknowledged me or how I was doing. In short, no one spoke to me. I was truly just a piece of meat. Horrific.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Can't remember exact protocols. But it was pretty standard IVF stuff.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were different every time. The phlebotomists were the WORST and I had bruises all the time. The nursing staff did not seem to want to get involved in continuity of care. I asked if I could see the same person and was told that it was "whoever is on call." They all seemed young and disengaged.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The second (and successful) clinic I went to was Madison Women's Health on the UES. They are AMAZING. They are exactly what anyone would want -- individualized attention, specific nurses helping & calling everyday, great attention to detail, great bedside manner. I felt so confident and happy with this clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Ugh. Different person every time. Phlebotomists were truly awful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at RMA of New York.
Covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
RMA sucks. Don't ever go there.
RMA of New York
Brooklyn

2018, 8 Eggs Frozen
Dr Klein is very nice...But the methods they use are so aggressive and ineffective. They are very rigid with statics, and treat every patient like how a textbook would instruct. They try to pump as much medication into you as possible, hoping to get the best results. But it turned out to be very counterproductive and I am afraid its harmful to my body in the long run. And the results are so poor. I only got 50% of mature eggs the first time, and the second time half of the eggs magically disappeared ( I think they ovulated earlier because the doctor was late!)
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I wish someone had shared their experiences with Extend, so I could have skipped my 2 cycles with them, and saved my ovaries Dont take me wrong, Dr Klein is very nice. The clinic is pretty well organized. (Dr G is a different story. Very rude and impatient ) But the methods they use are so aggressive and ineffective. They are very rigid with statics, and treat every patient like how a textbook would instruct. They try to pump as much medication into you as possible, hoping to get the best results. But it turned out to be very counterproductive and I am afraid its harmful to my body in the long run. And the results are so poor. I only got 50% of mature eggs the first time, and the second time half of the eggs magically disappeared ( I think they ovulated earlier because the doctor was late!) They use manupor unnecessarily. They ask you to inject full dose of ganerilx every shot. They don't time well the ovulation Window. They just rigidly go by the 36 hours rule. (I strongly suspect in the second cycle, the missed the ovulation window, and lost half counts of my eggs. Because the count of eggs was only half of what the unltrasound indicated. But the doctor was not willing to tell me why. They tried to hide the reasons. I even got yelled by doctor G for asking about the reason ) I only found out how these things are wrong after I went to New Hope for my third cycle this month. I was pretty skeptical about them at the beginning, and even wanted to go back to the extend. The extend sells them well for all the charts and statistic based result predication But at New Hope, they customize the medication for you. I didn't have to use manupor. They minimize both the ganerilx and trigger shots. I felt less influenced by the drug during the whole cycle. And the result was better. New hope is not the best. For example, they could have given me the wrong trigger shot medication if I didn't triple check with the nurse. just for a full disclosure But if I could have done it again, I wouldn't have gone to the extend at all. I feel really regretted, not for the money, but worried about how all the cycles might have impacted my health. But it's my fault that I didn't do a thorough research first. So I just want to share the experience here. I hope it will help someone who is going through the same situation-- egg freezing
Don’t go to that clinic
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.