6.7

Columbia

Joshua Klein works at

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

He [Dr. Klein] was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.... I only have one embryo to transfer, but he said he did not like to risk losing multiple embryos in one shot, along with the risk of multiples.
Because much of this new practice is still entwined with the egg freezing practice (Extend), there is a high volume of patients, but Dr. Klein and his team ensured that there was a personal quality to visits and treatment.... It's busy, and I did feel like I had to follow up with certain aspects of treatment (e.g., making sure the pharmacy had my medication orders, etc.). I think this may have been because I began my cycle on a holiday, however.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
He was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Expect to see a wide variety of doctors and nurses in the course of your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
IVF -- Menopur & Follistim.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
They were very warm and made sure to follow up every day.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
They are about half as much as other clinics, and they are also very clear in advance. I previously did IUI cycles at another clinic and they ended up costing about three times what I was told to expect. There were no surprises with Expect.
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
I started the day after New Year's Day, so the pharmacy did not have my order, and they also kept thinking that labs that I had previously submitted were missing. It is early stages for this branch of the clinic.

2017 - 2018, 21 Eggs Frozen
I only saw him [Dr. Klein] once or twice for each of my two cycles but always made me feel comfortable and told me everything I needed to know- answering all questions. He did my second retrieval and made me feel at ease...Follistim 375 iu Menopur 2-3 vials/day cetrotide 4-5 shots, and ovidril trigger shot.... The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me.
Everyone [Extend Fertility] was so friendly and willing to help. The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me....They were very flexible with appointment times...Everyone knew my name and remembered me between cycles...Sarah was my fertility advisor and was amazing-I would email her with any questions or concerns and she always responded quickly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I only saw him once or twice for each of my two cycles but always made me feel comfortable and told me everything I needed to know- answering all questions. He did my second retrieval and made me feel at ease.
Ask him any questions you have to make sure you understand all steps and feel comfortable about the procedure
Everyone knew my name and remembered me between cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Steinle)
Sarah was my fertility advisor and was amazing-I would email her with any questions or concerns and she always responded quickly. I saw Ana the sonographer for most of my ultrasound-she was the best! So caring and informative. All the medical assistants were great- never had someone take my blood with such ease and barely any pain. All the nurses who called with medication information were so helpful with any questions. So thankful for Tania and Angela who went out of their way to help me!
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me. I just got lucky and mainly saw the ones I felt the most comfortable with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They were very flexible with appointment times- able to go in really early (7am) when needed to go to work. But was also able to do later around 9 when didn’t have to rush in. Appointments were quick and usually less than 30 minutes. I would get my blood taken then have an ultrasound then would be done.
They had plans based on your blood work and age. I paid $8050 for 3 cycles or 15 eggs whichever came first. I then had to pay $450 for storage and for medications. I got lucky and only had to pay for copays since my insurance covered most of the meds. My total medication cost for 2 cycles was $900

2018, 2 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Klein's] demeanor is compassionate... Very nice, good listener, explains thoroughly. Only bad experience that doctor “forgot” a gauze inside me. It was not him though but the doctor performing the procedure which was his colleague at the clinic...Insist that he does the procedure himself... It [Extend] is much more affordable than other clinics. It is friendly and doesn’t feel like a hospital which was nice. Waiting times can be very long on some days
It [Extend] is much more affordable than other clinics. It is friendly and doesn’t feel like a hospital which was nice. Waiting times can be very long on some days... [Dr. Klein is] Very nice, good listener, explains thoroughly. Only bad experience that doctor “forgot” a gauze inside me. It was not him though but the doctor performing the procedure which was his colleague at the clinic
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Insist that he does the procedure himself
His demeanor is compassionate
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
They were really bad as drawing blood
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic was extend fertility, which is not in the list of clinics given here. It is much more affordable than other clinics. It is friendly and doesn’t feel like a hospital which was nice. Waiting times can be very long on some days