9.7

Joshua Klein works at

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

2014, Successful
Kind and patient, answered all questions.
[Nurses are] kind and friendly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor with a great bedside manner. Kind and patient, answered all questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Go see him, he's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Amalie)
Kind and friendly.
Joshua Klein

He [Dr. Klein] gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend).
Everyone [at Extend Fertility] was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success...Strengths are the intelligence and compassion of the doctors, the kindness and attention to detail of the staff, in-house procedures (vs. having to go to a hospital), ability to email and check results on the site.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I loved working with Josh Klein. He gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend). Before launching into other tests, he wanted to check in on that to see if it had come back. We did a hysteroscopy and he removed some scarring. My next transfer (#5!) was successful. Even with a 5.9 lining. He didn't just apply the rule book on what next but really thought about the situation and it paid off. I'm so grateful that I went to him. Also- the only reason I didn't see Josh Klein on every visit was because of restrictions related to COVID-19
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Trust him! and the other doctors are great too. Dr. G did my transfer (because of COVID restrictions) and he was great!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I briefly went to RMA NY (didn't count in my # of docs) and spent about year at Cornell. I can't stress enough about how much better the smaller clinics are. You see your doctor check-ups, you can reach out and easily reach the doctor or a nurse who knows your case, and when you walk in, you're not surrounded by a dozen other girls, waiting like cattle. The person at the front desk knows your name, and dealing with Rx's and billing is SO much easier!! Lastly but most importantly, I received customized care. At Cornell, I just went through the standard process and when it didn't work, I was told to look into surrogacy. I cannot stress enough how much better the experience is at Extend than those other larger clinics.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
Hysteroscopy to diagnose and remove scarring. Letrozole and Estrogen to bulk up my lining. PIO, oral & vaginal progesterone before and after FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ana, she was the ultrasound technician, but loved her. all the nurses were great!)
Everyone was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
I was fortunate enough to have the vast majority covered by insurance (united & cigna)
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
never discussed multiple

2019, 16 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Joshua Klein] was kind and helpful. He was honest with all the possible outcomes and made sure I understood what was happening. When I had concerns he made sure to explain options in-depth to make sure I felt comfortable to make a decision...took the time to explain everything to me and answer all my questions. He also took the time to make sure I understood. Whenever I had concerns, he made sure to put me at ease.
Extend Fertility knows exactly what they are doing! The logistics class, where they teach you how to inject yourself, was so helpful! I don't know what I would have done without that. They also call you every day during your cycle to make sure you know what you're supposed to do that evening and when to come back in. Every person I came in contact with was kind and helpful...Some days were less crowded, but the later you go in, the more crowded it will be. There were some days where they had to put people in conference rooms, but they made sure everyone had a seat and they're always offering water!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Klein was kind and helpful. He was honest with all the possible outcomes and made sure I understood what was happening. When I had concerns he made sure to explain options in-depth to make sure I felt comfortable to make a decision.
Dr Klein took the time to explain everything to me and answer all my questions. He also took the time to make sure I understood. Whenever I had concerns, he made sure to put me at ease.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Every nurse I came in contact with was kind and knowledgable. They all asked how I was doing and kept my spirits up when things were getting a bit rough.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It depended on the day and time I showed up. Some days were less crowded, but the later you go in, the more crowded it will be. There were some days where they had to put people in conference rooms, but they made sure everyone had a seat and they're always offering water!
I got lucky and they were doing a special discount for the month that I was going to begin so I got $1,000 off for all of the stuff associated with retrieval, except for medication and storage.

2018 - 2019, 27 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Joshua Klein] sees so many patients that he didn’t remember me when I went in for ultrasounds or for the egg retrieval procedure. However, he did have very good bedside manner and explained everything clearly and in detail...expect to be seen by other doctors and nurses, but to know they will still be in good hands...it felt rushed moving from one patient on to the next to get through everyone
Strengths [of Extend Fertility]: organized and timely Weaknesses: not enough seating for the large volume of patients (and their partners) You will feel like the clinic is a well-oiled machine working efficiently to get though a ton of patients quickly so that you can get to work ok time every morning...expect to be seen by other doctors and nurses, but to know they will still be in good hands
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
The doctor sees so many patients that he didn’t remember me when I went in for ultrasounds or for the egg retrieval procedure. However, he did have very good bedside manner and explained everything clearly and in detail.
To expect to be seen by other doctors and nurses, but to know they will still be in good hands.
There were a ton of patients waiting to be seen at the same time I was (every morning) and it felt rushed moving from one patient on to the next to get through everyone.
Follastim 375 units, Menopur 225 IU (between 2- 3 vials), Ganirelix Acetate 250 mcg, Pregnyl 10,000 units
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cara Stefanacci)
They were all always very warm and gentle and it was comforting to have them care for me.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Strengths: organized and timely Weaknesses: not enough seating for the large volume of patients (and their partners) You will feel like the clinic is a well-oiled machine working efficiently to get though a ton of patients quickly so that you can get to work ok time every morning.
$6000 and the medications were separate and variable each cycle (between $3500 and 4,500)
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
I was waiting for instructions on the medications and dosage for that evening and was supposed to get them during a specific window of time and did not. I had to call in a couple of times to request them myself.
2014 - 2020, Successful
Joshua Klein is an amazing Dr. I've used 4 Dr before i got to him. we couldn't imagine how we have ever used any other Dr. before. The patience, the clarity he always provided. He was always always there for us. there was no such a thing as not receiving a response on an email or phone call before the end of the day...- the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing...
Nurses [at Extend Fertility] are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -...This clinic is one i would recommend everyone to use - ive used multiple clinics before this one and i can not compare it at all to any other one. People going thru infertility have more than enough on their plate. at least they have the warmth and professionalism they deserve...the Bedside manners of him [Dr. Klein] and his whole staff are amazing
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
This Dr has an exceptional nature - the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Nurses there are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -
Consult
Dr Klein makes his patience feel like he has all the time in the world for them and answers all of their questions/concerns in a professional and genuine manner...His professionalism and expertise puts him above all and allowed me to be at ease throughout my procedures...Ask as many questions as possible, stay informed and understand the process
[Extended Fertility is a] Great environment, always peaceful and pleasant experience. Easy to reach, all questions answered in a timely manner. Organized and helpful, happy to help attitude. The only weakness - It would be nice to have a larger waiting room with more space...Great team, always smiling and happy to answer an questions...
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Joshua Klein provided a seamless experience for me. His professionalism and expertise puts him above all and allowed me to be at ease throughout my procedures. I highly recommend Dr Klein and Extend Fertility.
Ask as many questions as possible, stay informed and understand the process
Clear description for all medication, dosage amounts and how to take each.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Great team, always smiling and happy to answer an questions
Appx $10,000

2019, 22 Eggs Frozen
Investor
He [Dr. Joshua Klein] spent a lot of time with me in the consultation (over 45 minutes) going through lots of details about the process and answering all my questions. Dr. Klein also made himself available via email for any follow-up questions and he answered right away...he went through the process in detail with me and answered all my questions. This gave me comfort...as my decision to go through the egg freezing process. Dr. Klein is also very kind.
Strengths are good location [of Extend Fertility] on 57th and 7th in Manhattan, clean and bright office, friendly staff, and they generally get you in and out of appointments quickly. The weakness is that the waiting area is fairly small, so at times they had to use an extra conference room for waiting seating. On one or two of my visits for blood work and an ultrasound, I waited for longer than I would have liked to be seen.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein was very responsive to email communications, he went through the process in detail with me and answered all my questions. This gave me comfort in choosing Extend Fertility as well as my decision to go through the egg freezing process. Dr. Klein is also very kind.
Ask him as many questions as you need!
He spent a lot of time with me in the consultation (over 45 minutes) going through lots of details about the process and answering all my questions. Dr. Klein also made himself available via email for any follow-up questions and he answered right away.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Strengths are good location on 57th and 7th in Manhattan, clean and bright office, friendly staff, and they generally get you in and out of appointments quickly. The weakness is that the waiting area is fairly small, so at times they had to use an extra conference room for waiting seating. On one or two of my visits for blood work and an ultrasound, I waited for longer than I would have liked to be seen.
The cost of the office portion was $5,500 for the egg freezing cycle and the medications were extra.