6.7

Joshua Klein works at

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Klein is just an amazing, compassionate, caring human and he always made us feel like we were humans, not a number or even a patient. He always spent a lot of time with us and listened and answered our questions carefully. He was by far the best doctor I've had in any setting in my life...He was a perfect doctor. He spent a lot of time with us from the hours long first meeting to the monitoring visits when he would discuss results, what to expect, and answer all of our questions. He was thoughtful about treatment options and recommendations.
[RMA of New York] Strengths: It's a smoothly run, large operation with lots of experience and data. Weaknesses: The size can make it feel like a factory...[Nursing staff] They were all great -- very accessible, clear and helpful...[monitoring appointments] Cattle call -- wait wasn't too bad at Brooklyn....Dr. Klein is just an amazing, compassionate, caring human and he always made us feel like we were humans, not a number or even a patient.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
He's the best doctor you'll ever have (now at Extend Fertility).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
The major change was from a regular gonal f+menopur cycle to estrogen priming + gonal f + menopur
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
They were all great -- very accessible, clear and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call -- wait wasn't too bad at Brooklyn.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at RMA of New York.
Covered by insurance
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Once we did PGD he strongly counseled against transferring more than one embryo.
2018, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klein is honest but in a gentle way. He does an excellent job of setting realistic expectations without trying to romanticize an arduous journey. He is also more accessible than most doctors I surveyed which provides an additional layer of comfort... My initial exam results were a bit unexpected and shocking but his team reassured me every step of the way, and given the initial diagnosis I couldn't be happier with my results.
Egg retrieval [at Extend Fertility is] about $5k and medications averaged between $3k-$7k. Storage is $475 per year...The clinic is relatively new and aesthetically pleasing. It feels more like a spa rather than a doctors waiting room. However, they have become really popular in NYC so waiting times may be a bit longer on busy days...Dr. Klein is honest but in a gentle way. He does an excellent job of setting realistic expectations without trying to romanticize an arduous journey. He is also more accessible than most doctors I surveyed which provides an additional layer of comfort.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Be patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein and his staff were incredible through my journey. My initial exam results were a bit unexpected and shocking but his team reassured me every step of the way, and given the initial diagnosis I couldn't be happier with my results.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
Egg retrieval about $5k and medications averaged between $3k-$7k. Storage is $475 per year.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?

2014 - 2015, Successful
[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly....Genuinely nice guy and really seemed to take control of my treatment to get my desired results...3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They [RMA] had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan....[Nursing Staff] Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information...[Dr. Klein] Very smart, non judgemental and did a great job of achieving the results I wanted from my IVF treatment. Great bedside manner Very communicative Adjusted treatmebt accordingly and discussed all options clearly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
3 x no medication IUIs - unsuccessful 3x medicated back to back IUIs 1x IVF eset- resulted in 6 x 5 day embryos. Transferred 1 for fresh cycle. Reaulted in chemical pregnancy Frozen transfer resulted in twin pregnancy (carried out by different doctor because Joshua Klein left the practice)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Always very warm and chatty and were great at passing on information
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Modern offices, always rannon time. They had very good hours for monitoring which fit in well with work. They weren’t able to do procedurea in this office ao they were always done at the main offices in Manhattan.
Yes. I am a SMC and because my embryos were of good quality the first transfer was an eSET.

2015, Successful
Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive...Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor...who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein [of RMA New York] was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
The whole fertility process feels fairly mechanical especially if your condition is unexplained infertility. But unlike my previous fertility doctor at Cornell Weill, who was clearly going through the motions and very rushed, Dr. Klein was kind, patient and took the time to clearly explain things so I didn't feel like just another one of the thousands of women in New York in her late 30s trying to conceive. After just one round of gonal f injections, careful monitoring and IUI I became pregnant with twins. Dr Klein was extremely aware of avoiding this and unpleasantly surprised but not shocked - to be clear, this was certainly not his or my desired outcome as he measures success by singleton pregnancies. Whether this is an indication of his ability is subjective - I was not pleased but ultimately delivered 2 healthy babies. Just something to be aware of with any fertility measures.
2014, Successful
He [Dr. Klein] was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!...compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
The welcoming staff [at RMA of New York] weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could...You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!...Dr. Klein was kind, patient, compassionate and understanding. He knew the sensitivity of the whole situation and didn't try to give me other options that would delay the process for no reason. He was always reachable and I cannot thank him enough!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
You'll feel so comfortable there, don't worry about a thing!
He was patient and took time to explain everything to me. I was able to email him and he responded both professionally and in a warm manner. He was fabulous!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The welcoming staff weren't has warm as the doctor but that did not worry me. They were very nice, professional, quick and communicated well. I was able to call the front desk with questions and they would respond as soon as they could.

2014, Successful
Kind and patient, answered all questions.
[Nurses are] kind and friendly.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at RMA of New York?
Amazing doctor with a great bedside manner. Kind and patient, answered all questions.
Go see him, he's great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Amalie)
Kind and friendly.
Joshua Klein

He [Dr. Klein] gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend).
Everyone [at Extend Fertility] was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success...Strengths are the intelligence and compassion of the doctors, the kindness and attention to detail of the staff, in-house procedures (vs. having to go to a hospital), ability to email and check results on the site.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I loved working with Josh Klein. He gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend). Before launching into other tests, he wanted to check in on that to see if it had come back. We did a hysteroscopy and he removed some scarring. My next transfer (#5!) was successful. Even with a 5.9 lining. He didn't just apply the rule book on what next but really thought about the situation and it paid off. I'm so grateful that I went to him. Also- the only reason I didn't see Josh Klein on every visit was because of restrictions related to COVID-19
Trust him! and the other doctors are great too. Dr. G did my transfer (because of COVID restrictions) and he was great!!
I briefly went to RMA NY (didn't count in my # of docs) and spent about year at Cornell. I can't stress enough about how much better the smaller clinics are. You see your doctor check-ups, you can reach out and easily reach the doctor or a nurse who knows your case, and when you walk in, you're not surrounded by a dozen other girls, waiting like cattle. The person at the front desk knows your name, and dealing with Rx's and billing is SO much easier!! Lastly but most importantly, I received customized care. At Cornell, I just went through the standard process and when it didn't work, I was told to look into surrogacy. I cannot stress enough how much better the experience is at Extend than those other larger clinics.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
Hysteroscopy to diagnose and remove scarring. Letrozole and Estrogen to bulk up my lining. PIO, oral & vaginal progesterone before and after FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ana, she was the ultrasound technician, but loved her. all the nurses were great!)
Everyone was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I was fortunate enough to have the vast majority covered by insurance (united & cigna)
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
never discussed multiple

2018, 8 Eggs Frozen
Dr Klein is very nice...But the methods they use are so aggressive and ineffective. They are very rigid with statics, and treat every patient like how a textbook would instruct. They try to pump as much medication into you as possible, hoping to get the best results. But it turned out to be very counterproductive and I am afraid its harmful to my body in the long run. And the results are so poor. I only got 50% of mature eggs the first time, and the second time half of the eggs magically disappeared ( I think they ovulated earlier because the doctor was late!)
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I wish someone had shared their experiences with Extend, so I could have skipped my 2 cycles with them, and saved my ovaries Dont take me wrong, Dr Klein is very nice. The clinic is pretty well organized. (Dr G is a different story. Very rude and impatient ) But the methods they use are so aggressive and ineffective. They are very rigid with statics, and treat every patient like how a textbook would instruct. They try to pump as much medication into you as possible, hoping to get the best results. But it turned out to be very counterproductive and I am afraid its harmful to my body in the long run. And the results are so poor. I only got 50% of mature eggs the first time, and the second time half of the eggs magically disappeared ( I think they ovulated earlier because the doctor was late!) They use manupor unnecessarily. They ask you to inject full dose of ganerilx every shot. They don't time well the ovulation Window. They just rigidly go by the 36 hours rule. (I strongly suspect in the second cycle, the missed the ovulation window, and lost half counts of my eggs. Because the count of eggs was only half of what the unltrasound indicated. But the doctor was not willing to tell me why. They tried to hide the reasons. I even got yelled by doctor G for asking about the reason ) I only found out how these things are wrong after I went to New Hope for my third cycle this month. I was pretty skeptical about them at the beginning, and even wanted to go back to the extend. The extend sells them well for all the charts and statistic based result predication But at New Hope, they customize the medication for you. I didn't have to use manupor. They minimize both the ganerilx and trigger shots. I felt less influenced by the drug during the whole cycle. And the result was better. New hope is not the best. For example, they could have given me the wrong trigger shot medication if I didn't triple check with the nurse. just for a full disclosure But if I could have done it again, I wouldn't have gone to the extend at all. I feel really regretted, not for the money, but worried about how all the cycles might have impacted my health. But it's my fault that I didn't do a thorough research first. So I just want to share the experience here. I hope it will help someone who is going through the same situation-- egg freezing
Don’t go to that clinic

2019, 16 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Joshua Klein] was kind and helpful. He was honest with all the possible outcomes and made sure I understood what was happening. When I had concerns he made sure to explain options in-depth to make sure I felt comfortable to make a decision...took the time to explain everything to me and answer all my questions. He also took the time to make sure I understood. Whenever I had concerns, he made sure to put me at ease.
Extend Fertility knows exactly what they are doing! The logistics class, where they teach you how to inject yourself, was so helpful! I don't know what I would have done without that. They also call you every day during your cycle to make sure you know what you're supposed to do that evening and when to come back in. Every person I came in contact with was kind and helpful...Some days were less crowded, but the later you go in, the more crowded it will be. There were some days where they had to put people in conference rooms, but they made sure everyone had a seat and they're always offering water!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Klein was kind and helpful. He was honest with all the possible outcomes and made sure I understood what was happening. When I had concerns he made sure to explain options in-depth to make sure I felt comfortable to make a decision.
Dr Klein took the time to explain everything to me and answer all my questions. He also took the time to make sure I understood. Whenever I had concerns, he made sure to put me at ease.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Every nurse I came in contact with was kind and knowledgable. They all asked how I was doing and kept my spirits up when things were getting a bit rough.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It depended on the day and time I showed up. Some days were less crowded, but the later you go in, the more crowded it will be. There were some days where they had to put people in conference rooms, but they made sure everyone had a seat and they're always offering water!
I got lucky and they were doing a special discount for the month that I was going to begin so I got $1,000 off for all of the stuff associated with retrieval, except for medication and storage.
2014 - 2020, Successful
Joshua Klein is an amazing Dr. I've used 4 Dr before i got to him. we couldn't imagine how we have ever used any other Dr. before. The patience, the clarity he always provided. He was always always there for us. there was no such a thing as not receiving a response on an email or phone call before the end of the day...- the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing...
Nurses [at Extend Fertility] are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -...This clinic is one i would recommend everyone to use - ive used multiple clinics before this one and i can not compare it at all to any other one. People going thru infertility have more than enough on their plate. at least they have the warmth and professionalism they deserve...the Bedside manners of him [Dr. Klein] and his whole staff are amazing
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
This Dr has an exceptional nature - the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Nurses there are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -

2018, 2 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Klein's] demeanor is compassionate... Very nice, good listener, explains thoroughly. Only bad experience that doctor “forgot” a gauze inside me. It was not him though but the doctor performing the procedure which was his colleague at the clinic...Insist that he does the procedure himself... It [Extend] is much more affordable than other clinics. It is friendly and doesn’t feel like a hospital which was nice. Waiting times can be very long on some days
It [Extend] is much more affordable than other clinics. It is friendly and doesn’t feel like a hospital which was nice. Waiting times can be very long on some days... [Dr. Klein is] Very nice, good listener, explains thoroughly. Only bad experience that doctor “forgot” a gauze inside me. It was not him though but the doctor performing the procedure which was his colleague at the clinic
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Insist that he does the procedure himself
His demeanor is compassionate
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
They were really bad as drawing blood
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic was extend fertility, which is not in the list of clinics given here. It is much more affordable than other clinics. It is friendly and doesn’t feel like a hospital which was nice. Waiting times can be very long on some days
Consult
Dr Klein makes his patience feel like he has all the time in the world for them and answers all of their questions/concerns in a professional and genuine manner...His professionalism and expertise puts him above all and allowed me to be at ease throughout my procedures...Ask as many questions as possible, stay informed and understand the process
[Extended Fertility is a] Great environment, always peaceful and pleasant experience. Easy to reach, all questions answered in a timely manner. Organized and helpful, happy to help attitude. The only weakness - It would be nice to have a larger waiting room with more space...Great team, always smiling and happy to answer an questions...
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Joshua Klein provided a seamless experience for me. His professionalism and expertise puts him above all and allowed me to be at ease throughout my procedures. I highly recommend Dr Klein and Extend Fertility.
Ask as many questions as possible, stay informed and understand the process
Clear description for all medication, dosage amounts and how to take each.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Great team, always smiling and happy to answer an questions
Appx $10,000

2019, 22 Eggs Frozen
Investor
He [Dr. Joshua Klein] spent a lot of time with me in the consultation (over 45 minutes) going through lots of details about the process and answering all my questions. Dr. Klein also made himself available via email for any follow-up questions and he answered right away...he went through the process in detail with me and answered all my questions. This gave me comfort...as my decision to go through the egg freezing process. Dr. Klein is also very kind.
Strengths are good location [of Extend Fertility] on 57th and 7th in Manhattan, clean and bright office, friendly staff, and they generally get you in and out of appointments quickly. The weakness is that the waiting area is fairly small, so at times they had to use an extra conference room for waiting seating. On one or two of my visits for blood work and an ultrasound, I waited for longer than I would have liked to be seen.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein was very responsive to email communications, he went through the process in detail with me and answered all my questions. This gave me comfort in choosing Extend Fertility as well as my decision to go through the egg freezing process. Dr. Klein is also very kind.
Ask him as many questions as you need!
He spent a lot of time with me in the consultation (over 45 minutes) going through lots of details about the process and answering all my questions. Dr. Klein also made himself available via email for any follow-up questions and he answered right away.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Strengths are good location on 57th and 7th in Manhattan, clean and bright office, friendly staff, and they generally get you in and out of appointments quickly. The weakness is that the waiting area is fairly small, so at times they had to use an extra conference room for waiting seating. On one or two of my visits for blood work and an ultrasound, I waited for longer than I would have liked to be seen.
The cost of the office portion was $5,500 for the egg freezing cycle and the medications were extra.