Good

Joshua Stewart works at

186 Joralemon Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11201
646-962-3868

I loved that Dr. Stewart saw me for every visit and made time to sit down and actually talk/answer any questions I had...was wonderful from the first visit. I was honestly not expecting someone so kind, patient and approachable. From the beginning, he took the time to explain every procedure, treatment, and next step with patience and kindness. I can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and never worried that I would not get the care and/or answers I needed. I wish he could be my OB beyond fertility treatment!
The nurses (Sarah and Molly) [at Weill Cornell Medical College] always got back to me as soon as my test results were in and were great at communicating...The clinic itself is clean, spacious and beautiful. All of the staff members are kind and compassionate. Sherrell, at the front desk, was always so nice, easy to talk to and prompt in getting me and my husband scheduled for any procedures or appointments...Protocols I started with ovulation monitoring due to secondary infertility (12 months TTC, with a 2 year old that was not difficult to conceive). This monitoring involved bloodwork and ultrasound around the time of ovulation to predict timing and schedule timed intercourse. Dr. Stewart saw a small calcification on my uterus that may have been a remnant from my first pregnancy. I went for a hysteroscopy (D&C) to have this area removed as it was possible it was preventing successful implantation. Dr. Stewart told me many times that this was not 100%, that this may not have been causing any issues with implantation but that it couldn't be ruled out as an issue. He made sure that I was in full agreement on proceeding with this as a next step. I actually pushed for this to be done. After this, I did one cycle of Letrozole with a trigger injection. This was to ensure ovulation was actually occurring and also time intercourse even more accurately.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart was wonderful from the first visit. I was honestly not expecting someone so kind, patient and approachable. From the beginning, he took the time to explain every procedure, treatment, and next step with patience and kindness. I can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and never worried that I would not get the care and/or answers I needed. I wish he could be my OB beyond fertility treatment!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
With Dr. Stewart, you are in great hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Joshua Stewart used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nurses (Sarah and Molly) always got back to me as soon as my test results were in and were great at communicating.
2019, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Stewart called me several times throughout the process to review medications and next steps. I also saw him for the majority of my monitoring appointments, which very meaningful for me...I was initially intimidated by the egg freezing process - it is obviously a highly emotional decision. Dr. Stewart and his team simplified the process and gave me all of the information that I needed, allowing me to feel empowered by the decision I was making. I felt supported by Dr. Stewart; he is not only approachable, but also reachable.
When I did my egg freezing cycle, I was living in Brooklyn and working in Manhattan. I was so pleased that Cornell has locations in both places, making it super easy and convenient for me to get to various appointments throughout the process...From initial visit to the daily monitoring / calls with medication instructions, the nurses were super straightforward and clear...I felt very lucky to get to see my own doctor for the majority of my monitoring appointments. While the practice is busy, I always felt individually attended to and cared for.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Feel comfortable asking all the questions you have. Dr. Stewart will answer them honestly and quickly.
I started injections on day two of my period. I took two daily injections for the first five / six days and then three daily injections for the remainder of the cycle. My last day of injections was a lupron 'trigger' shot.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My initial appointment and the majority of my cycle/medications were covered by insurance provided by my employer; my out of pocket expense was around $1000. I now pay $300/quarter for storage.
Describe Joshua Stewart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Brooklyn

Because we did multiple cycles, Dr. Stewart adjusted and adapted our IVF plan based on previous results and how my body responded to the medications -- and each time we ended up with more eggs retrieved than the previous cycle. He also pushed to help me do a naturally timed transfer-- saving me from unnecessary medications and injections, which I was very grateful for...was very attentive, patient and ready to answer any and all questions from our very first consultation through my last appointment with him a month after my frozen embryo transfer. He was honest about our obstacles, but hopeful and optimistic throughout a long year with some ups and downs. We are so appreciative of Dr. Stewart and always felt like we were in the best hands in terms our IVF journey.
nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] were very helpful and informative. They were available by phone or email to answer questions about medications, side effects and appointments...I was very happy with Weill Cornell -- they have a team of excellent doctors and nurses. Each doctor I had for my retrievals and transfer made me feel comfortable and at ease. My only slight critique would be how busy the UES office got on the weekends --as it was the only location open for monitoring on Saturdays and Sundays.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart was always very supportive and helpful at our many appointments. He often called with results himself-- even on holidays -- and was always happy to hop on the phone to discuss options and game plans.
Dr. Stewart is great option, especially if you live in Brooklyn. His office is brand new and appointments were always quick and efficient -- I never spent too much time waiting.
Dr. Stewart was very attentive, patient and ready to answer any and all questions from our very first consultation through my last appointment with him a month after my frozen embryo transfer. He was honest about our obstacles, but hopeful and optimistic throughout a long year with some ups and downs. We are so appreciative of Dr. Stewart and always felt like we were in the best hands in terms our IVF journey.
Dr. Stewart's nurses were very helpful and informative. They were available by phone or email to answer questions about medications, side effects and appointments.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We were lucky to have insurance cover a lot of the expenses associated with our care.
Brooklyn

I have newly diagnosed PCOS, so treatment initially [with Dr. Joshua Stewart] was just natural cycle monitoring with bloodwork and ultrasound...Dr. Stewart always spends time with you during appointments, is patient, reassuring, optimistic, and genuinely just SO KIND. He takes his time to explain things, makes sure all your questions are answered, and I never felt rushed. In addition to him, all the other staff in the office are wonderful. From the front desk, the nurses, phlebotomists, etc.
Molly [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was incredible. She was very detailed, helpful, warm, encouraging, and served as a great therapist in addition to being a great nurse! Helped me coordinate prescription issues, and always relayed information effectively. She also was so supportive when I would end up crying to her on the phone! Really found her to be wonderful...The Brooklyn office is not the "main" office, so the one downside is that for any procedures, you have to go to the main office in Manhattan. But that being said, the Brooklyn office is brand new, gorgeous, high tech, and the staff there are wonderful! It's primarily for monitoring appointments, bloodwork, and consultations.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is warm, reassuring, and patient. He really takes his time with you and is very understanding of your concerns and anxieties. I trusted him wholeheartedly. He explained things thoroughly, always gave you the truth, but somehow also maintained an optimism that was really comforting. You never feel rushed with him, and he always makes sure to answer any questions you may have.
Do it! Don't hesitate! He is great.
I have newly diagnosed PCOS, so treatment initially was just natural cycle monitoring with bloodwork and ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Molly Spilka)
Molly was incredible. She was very detailed, helpful, warm, encouraging, and served as a great therapist in addition to being a great nurse! Helped me coordinate prescription issues, and always relayed information effectively. She also was so supportive when I would end up crying to her on the phone! Really found her to be wonderful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am lucky that the large majority of costs were covered by my insurance. But they give you very detailed billing documentation during your first appointment so nothing is a "surprise." They also give scripts of what to ask your insurance company, etc. Also have a dedicated billing number to call with any questions or concerns.
Brooklyn

Dr. Stewart is a wonderful physician who uses his expertise to build a fertility plan for his patients designed specifically for them. He thoroughly discussed my diagnosis with me and was extremely empathetic and compassionate while delivering my care. During our last IUI cycle, he was able to work around the death of my uncle. He cares about you as a person and your quality of life...I was diagnosed with PCOS and did 4 IUIs. Once I was diagnosed with PCOS, I started Metformin. During the preparation for the first IUI, I happened to be ovulating on my own so no additional medications were taken for this IUI. My husband was also diagnosed with a varicocele and Dr. Stewart referred him to an excellent surgeon. For the last 3 IUIs, I took letrozole for ovulation and Ovidrel as the trigger injection. We were successful on our 4th IUI and are currently expecting twins.
The care from Dr. Stewart and his team [at Weill Cornell Medical College] is extremely personal. His care is exceptional from the moment you begin working with him...Sarah [nurrse] was fabulous. She was always available for any questions, and would promptly follow up same day post labs. She was compassionate and connected with me on a personal level. She works wonderfully with Dr. Stewart as they both connect with you to deliver your care plan.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
You are in excellent care with Dr. Stewart. Trust the process and his expertise and don't be afraid to ask any questions or reach out.
The care from Dr. Stewart and his team is extremely personal. His care is exceptional from the moment you begin working with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was fabulous. She was always available for any questions, and would promptly follow up same day post labs. She was compassionate and connected with me on a personal level. She works wonderfully with Dr. Stewart as they both connect with you to deliver your care plan.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Weill Cornell clinic is exceptional. All the staff I encountered were kind and provided excellent care. Different NPs performed 3 of my IUIs and each one explained each part of the process and made sure I was comfortable the entire time.
I was fortunate enough to have insurance coverage for my care with Dr. Stewart. I paid a $35 copay for each appointment and IUI and $30 for each trigger injection.
Brooklyn

From our first consultation, Dr. Stewart wanted to get to know us as a couple and individually. He expressed the fertility journey can be tough and he would be here for us all along the way - after every blood test or result, he would call us....not just his nurses. He took extra steps to ensure we knew he was one call away for any questions or concerns. He’s the most attentive and engaged doctor I’ve ever had...We did have a chemical pregnancy / miscarriage and he was there for us emotionally as a doctor and helped us navigate what to do next. I cannot say better things about him as a doctor (and fertility support coach)!
Both nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] were warm and welcoming every time I saw them or heard from them...Brooklyn office is great particularly with COVID, you aren’t at a hospital with multiple floors and patient rooms - it’s just 1 floor and you can go in and out. All IUIs are done uptown but day to day appointments are in Brooklyn...We went with IUI from the beginning so it was only one strategy. After 3 attempts he still felt confident we would conceive given my results previously had continued to show growth in a positive way - 4th time, we conceived!
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is attentive and truly deeply cares about his patients. Throughout our fertility journey together it felt as if I was his only patient - that’s how much he connected with us and made the time (however long) to see or speak to us. Coming into fertility as a complete unknown to us, he explained absolutely everything in detail and made sure we felt clear and confident about each of the steps. He is welcoming and attentive when you first meet him and that did not change from the time I moved on once I got pregnant. We did have a chemical pregnancy / miscarriage and he was there for us emotionally as a doctor and helped us navigate what to do next. I cannot say better things about him as a doctor (and fertility support coach)!
No question is too dumb, ask whatever questions you have...as many times as you need to! He’s patient and will make things as clear as possible for you
Both nurses were warm and welcoming every time I saw them or heard from them.
~ $250 per IUI with insurance covering majority of it
Brooklyn
I had one mature follicle 2 cycles of IUI with clomid...Both cycles [with Dr. Stewart] I had 2 mature follicles...I was going to try to fit in an IVF cycle prior but we were waiting on some male fertility test results when I was due to start and Dr. Stewart encouraged me to wait until we had all of the information. My partner had surgery for varicocele in March and we conceived naturally in May...he has his opinions and shares them freely but I always felt that he understood that I wanted to take an approach with as little intervention as possible. He helped me to understand each option and to take my time and not rush. He often asked how I was feeling or how I was doing. Th
The Brooklyn location of Cornell is wonderful. It has the feeling of a small clinic, not a baby farm, the staff is very friendly and compassionate, and it has the power of the hospital behind it. The waiting room is always quiet and clean. I was always seen very quickly and the team was efficient when that was called for...Dr. Stewart really sees his patients, he has his opinions and shares them freely but I always felt that he understood that I wanted to take an approach with as little intervention as possible. He helped me to understand each option and to take my time and not rush. He often asked how I was feeling or how I was doing. Th
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart listened to me and understood that I was eager but that I wanted to explore options before IVF. He ensured that we did not rush into treatments without all the data and information to make informed decisions. He went above and beyond, calling to give me results when he could, meeting us in the office for a consult after hours, staying at the hospital so he could do an insemination for me. He really believes in a very high standard of care, but has a strong understanding of the science behind every decision.
Be open and honest about what is most important for you in the process, he will listen to what you want to do and help guide you based on his experience and expertise.
Dr. Stewart really sees his patients, he has his opinions and shares them freely but I always felt that he understood that I wanted to take an approach with as little intervention as possible. He helped me to understand each option and to take my time and not rush. He often asked how I was feeling or how I was doing. The staff in his office are kind and got to know me. The Brooklyn office is great because it feels like a small intimate clinic but with the power of a great research institute and labs behind it.
1 cycle unmedicated IUI with monitoring. I had one mature follicle 2 cycles of IUI with clomid (don't remember the dosage) with monitoring and trigger shot. Both cycles I had 2 mature follicles I was going to try to fit in an IVF cycle prior but we were waiting on some male fertility test results when I was due to start and Dr. Stewart encouraged me to wait until we had all of the information. My partner had surgery for varicocele in March and we conceived naturally in May
Brooklyn

He [Dr. Joshua Stewart] takes the time to listen completely and thoroughly explains every aspect of care and treatment. He also values patients opinions and comments about their care...the best doctor I have ever worked with. He is very thorough, compassionate, and has a fantastic bedside manner. It was also great that he addresses every concern on the first visit, from the consultation to the full evaluation. You leave his office knowing exactly what is going on and what the plan is to proceed. I would 100% recommended him to anyone I know and have in fact already done so to several people.
All of Dr. Stewart’s staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are extremely friendly and helpful. My questions were always answered promptly...The clinic is very bright and welcoming from the moment you walk in the door. The reception staff greet you quickly and the wait is never long. Appointments are also easily scheduled at the front desk. It is truly a good experience from start to finish...As someone with PCOS who does not ovulate regularly, Dr. Stewart came up with a quick and easy plan that fit my needs and wants perfectly. Luckily for us, getting pregnant was as easy as some synthroid and metformin.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is the best doctor I have ever worked with. He is very thorough, compassionate, and has a fantastic bedside manner. It was also great that he addresses every concern on the first visit, from the consultation to the full evaluation. You leave his office knowing exactly what is going on and what the plan is to proceed. I would 100% recommended him to anyone I know and have in fact already done so to several people.
He takes the time to listen completely and thoroughly explains every aspect of care and treatment. He also values patients opinions and comments about their care.
All of Dr. Stewart’s staff are extremely friendly and helpful. My questions were always answered promptly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Only a small copay from my insurance.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Stewart always took the time to answer all of our questions and would give us a game plan that we could understand and would put our minds at ease that there were other options available to us despite our having had two failed transfers prior to switching to him...When things were not going well or it was bad news, Dr. Stewart would always personally call and thoroughly explain things, as well as provide us with additional options so we would not lose hope. Dr. Stewart and his staff make you feel like they are on your journey with you. Could not recommend more.
Molly, [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] called every day with the test results and was always very caring and would answer any questions I had, sometimes spending more than ten-fifteen minutes on the phone with me to explain things...staff's caring and attentive nature is the clinic's greatest strength... Dr. Stewart and his staff make you feel like they are on your journey with you. Could not recommend more....
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart was phenomenal. My husband and I switched to Dr. Stewart after having a terrible experience at another clinic where the doctor was unresponsive and uninvolved in our treatment. Dr. Stewart always took the time to answer all of our questions and would give us a game plan that we could understand and would put our minds at ease that there were other options available to us despite our having had two failed transfers prior to switching to him. His nurse, Molly, called every day with the test results and was always very caring and would answer any questions I had, sometimes spending more than ten-fifteen minutes on the phone with me to explain things. When things were not going well or it was bad news, Dr. Stewart would always personally call and thoroughly explain things, as well as provide us with additional options so we would not lose hope. Dr. Stewart and his staff make you feel like they are on your journey with you. Could not recommend more.
Dr. Stewart is one of the most caring physicians I have ever come across. Infertility can be a very lonely and daunting process and throughout our time together he often was the one keeping hope alive for my husband and I. He always reached out to follow up and was always the one who called if there was bad news.
I had two failed frozen embryo transfers prior to seeing Dr. Stewart, both were medicated cycles. On my first cycle with Dr. Stewart, we tried an unmedicated cycle which was not successful. Dr. Stewart then suggested an ERA which showed that my implantation window was slightly off from the norm. The next cycle we did another frozen, unmedicated cycle, which unfortunately resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Stewart then suggested we try another round of IVF with a fresh transfer, which was successful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Stewart and his staff's caring and attentive nature is the clinic's greatest strength. Beyond that, Dr. Stewart is also an extremely knowledgeable physician who is on top of the most recent studies in his field, so you know that you can trust him and his plan for your treatment.

2019, 31 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Joshua Stewart] is an extremely caring and knowledgeable doctor. I felt like I was in the best hands while going through this process and would recommend him to anyone considering fertility procedures. He is truly amazing!...was very attentive and informative every step of the way, making me feel completely comfortable physically and emotionally throughout the entire process...
This clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College] seemed very clean and organized regarding appointment scheduling and documentation. Everyone I encountered had a welcoming demeanor and was ready to answer any questions or respond to any concerns...Dr. Stewart was very attentive and informative every step of the way, making me feel completely comfortable physically and emotionally throughout the entire process.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is an extremely caring and knowledgeable doctor. I felt like I was in the best hands while going through this process and would recommend him to anyone considering fertility procedures. He is truly amazing!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This clinic seemed very clean and organized regarding appointment scheduling and documentation. Everyone I encountered had a welcoming demeanor and was ready to answer any questions or respond to any concerns.