RMA of New York

Doctor available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolUniversity of Belgrade, Serbia
212-756-5777
26 Court St.
Brooklyn, NY 11242
718-532-8700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jovana Lekovich to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Jovana Lekovich] checked in, followed up, and kept me informed throughout the process. During one cycle of retrieval I barely saw her and she made sure to reach out...Email is a good way to get ahold of her - the nurse can always connect you as well. She is forthright and will not sugar coat it - but does it warmly and with compassion...was warm, interested, and responsive.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
The doctor's strength and weaknesses cannot be conflated with the weaknesses of the clinic. The Doctor checked in, followed up, and kept me informed throughout the process. During one cycle of retrieval I barely saw her and she made sure to reach out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
While the clinic is definitely a 'by the number' clinic - Dr. Lekovich herself was warm, interested, and responsive.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I used Gonal F, Menopure and Cetrocide towards the end of the retrieval. I was also on Lovonox 60mg to prevent blood clots due to Factor 5. I can try to look back and provide more information but it was approx 2 menopure vials at night, 300mg gonal f in the mornings and that increased towards the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alissa)
While there was some lapses in communication, overall they were responsive, fast to respond to inquiry - and if they needed to check with the doctor they got back to me as soon as possible. This is at the RMA of BK. The staff and nursing staff at the main RMA - were less helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Brooklyn office is warm, faster, and generally smaller - making it a more ideal location. The main office on Madision Ave of RMA is a giant cog machine that routes people through as numbers not faces and it is a factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was morningtime before work. I was lucky enough to live walkable to the location. The phlebotomist at this location was the BEST - pain free, didn't leave marks, always quick. It took longer for the ultrasounds depending on what time you arrived, but never TOO long. The weekend hours were at the Madision Avenue location were a cluster and cattle call. Jam packed, call out your name large system. It was disappointing there were no hours at the BK location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
This is tricky, insurance initially denied. So the costs of that were 15,000 for the first round of retrieval. 6,000 for PGD/PGS. But then that got discounted because I did not do transfer, so the second round cost less. With insurance finally being fought and won. The PGD was not covered, but the co-insurance was only 1,500 per retrieval round. So for three rounds 4,500.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Brooklyn
Dr. Lekovich was able to answer questions that I had in a kind and professional way . I love that she seems to know her patients by name even when she’s not in the examining room . My only gripe would be that she doesn’t answer emails when it’s sent . I ended up asking my question in person but it works have been nice to get a reply via email .... The antagonist protocal was used for my treatment . I used Gonal F, Menopur , Cetrotide along with trigger shots Lupton and Oviidrel. The idea was to increase the amount of eggs for a successful cycle . It worked ! Just hoping that a healthy embryo will be the result .
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Have your questions ready to ask her . She is very quick to answer questions .
Dr. Lekovich was friendly and answered questions that I had regarding my care .
Warm , compassionate and caring are some words that come to mind when thinking of the nursing staff . I was told at the last minute that I needed another medication exhausted od my bloodwork and I was panicking because I didn’t k ow how I’d get it in such a short space of time . Unfortunately , I don’t recall her name but she ended up giving me the medication and tried to calm me down . I was so appreciative of the kind gesture that was shown to me .
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is run efficiently . There are several locations in Manhattan , Brooklyn and Westchester so it’s convenient for people in various locations in the city . However the monitoring hours should be a bit more flexible . The strict monitoring hours makes it difficult to rearrange your schedule depending on the type of job you have .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were a pain because of my work schedule . I wished that the monitoring hours were more flexible .
My insurance covered some of my costs . The outstanding costs were mostly the ICSI ,PGS anesthesia and genetic testing .
Brooklyn
She [Dr. Lekovich] is friendly and understanding. She took her time with my husband and I and gave us thorough explanations. She is excellent at putting me at ease, which I experienced when doing the saline sonogram...This cycle she upped the menopur, isnt doing lupron, and is doing cetrotide. She started this cycle earlier (I was on the pill for less time) This is the second IVF cycle I have done with her.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She is friendly and understanding. She took her time with my husband and I and gave us thorough explanations. She is excellent at putting me at ease, which I experienced when doing the saline sonogram. Years ago I had a terrible experience with the hsg and was nervous. She is good at making conversation and is pleasant all around. I had Dr. Copperman before, she is a million times better.
Nothing in particular
Very understanding, she explains well and has a great bedside manner.
She has used gonal f, menopur, lupron. This cycle she upped the menopur, isnt doing lupron, and is doing cetrotide. She started this cycle earlier (I was on the pill for less time) This is the second IVF cycle I have done with her.
Nice but do not always explain everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Office was not completely on top of beginning the first cycle. They are fairly receptive. Every sonogram during monitoring I get a different doctor, most are fine but one is not gentle. Dr. Letterman - try not to get him.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Pretty efficient. It is from 7 - 8:30 in the morning, which has been difficult as I live in queens.
Costs are very expensive, over 15,000 per cycle, not including medications and the anesthesiologist. I have gotten a discount through using Bonei Olam, but it is still very expensive.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No comments
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
NY - Eastside
Dr. Lekovich took over my case from another doctor. She was very easy to talk to and made me feel at easy since I didn’t start this process with her....r. Lekovich was very understanding and knowledgeable. As a patient she was realistic about the process and took the time to explain and answer any questions I had. Being that I was only in health care for a short time I still think we will continue this journey with her as our doctor.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lekovich was very understanding and knowledgeable. As a patient she was realistic about the process and took the time to explain and answer any questions I had. Being that I was only in health care for a short time I still think we will continue this journey with her as our doctor.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She will always be willing to answer them.
Antagonist Gonal F Menopur Cetrotide HcG Leuprolide Azithromycin (2) after retrieval
The Brooklyn staff were very caring and called with updates throughout my Ivf process. If I had questions about medication I was able to contact the clinic and someone would call back usually within 30-1hr.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I liked that RMA had different clinics for me to do my blood work, ultrasound, but only one specific clinic for IUIs, Retrieval, sperm sample, etc. It made it so much more convenient for me and my hubby for our daily routines.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were pretty easy. Some days were busier than others but I usually didn’t find that I had to wait long.
My insurance paid for my IVF cycle except for Anesthesiologist PGS Shipping and return