6.8

Cornell

Jovana Lekovich works in 1 office at

430 Albee Square
Brooklyn, NY 11242

She’s [RMA of NY] very detailed during the paid visits. However, IVF Cycle for us was more of a disappointment since we didn’t get much of details of what is going on and what to expect next. Retrieved egg count was pretty low compared to the follicles were counted in the last visits.... Explicitly have her tell you the amount of eggs to be retrieved at every visit so you can have a chance to cancel before going in for retrieval.
Nurses are the best thing of RMA of NY.... [Monitoring Appointments] First in first out. You dont know which doctor is on duty. Somewhat rushed.... Expect bills sent months later. Finance team is working weird imo. Coordinator was not too sharp in my case, there were lots of wrong info passed by her that i had to dig in and get corrected....Such as telling me that there’re some procedures i need to get done ( which was already done) and i had to convince her through back and forth emailing.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She’s very detailed during the paid visits. However, IVF Cycle for us was more of a disappointment since we didn’t get much of details of what is going on and what to expect next. Retrieved egg count was pretty low compared to the follicles were counted in the last visits.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Mostly rushed during daily checks and not given too much info as in how I’m progressing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Caring and nice. Responsive at all times.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Expect bills sent months later. Finance team is working weird imo. Coordinator was not too sharp in my case, there were lots of wrong info passed by her that i had to dig in and get corrected. So, good luck with that. Clinic in general -except Brooklyn location- is clean and nice. Nurses are the best thing of RMA of NY.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
First in first out. You dont know which doctor is on duty. Somewhat rushed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
More than 20K
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Coordinator of my doctor had provided some wrong information. To us, it told she was either not listening to people properly or not getting things properly. Such as telling me that there’re some procedures i need to get done ( which was already done) and i had to convince her through back and forth emailing. Also, at one point she said doctor needs to perform cyst removal surgery in between retrieval and transfer cycle which was not correct since the doctor at RMA doesn’t perform that kind of surgery. This was corrected by doctor herself as well. So it’s more like passing wrong info to the patient.
NY - Eastside

[Dr. Lekovich] was not pushy with the options and let us make the decision. She is a firm believer about having 1 embryo implanted and voiced her concerns about twins. she was also open about adjusting medication according to reactions and what not. she is very forward and will let you know if she agrees with some things or not. I like that she is up to date on research and current treatment options. I do like that she does not do duplication of testing if it came back normal/out dated.
I personally thought that i would meet with MD herself [at RMA of New York]. When entering the room, she introduced us to a medical student. I was not informed about her and it honestly made the visit awkward and the student looked bored and made faces during the consult. I wish they would allow the patient to consent prior to the visit. I found it insensitive...I requested a nurse to contact me, she called on a private number and did not leave contact information. I called back and left her a message and never heard back. I was informed 3 weeks later that she was on maternity leave and "never received my message" (blood work done pre-procedure). I was then contacted by a nurse who was kind and answered all my questions
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
During the consultation she provided research information on the two options which she has provided us. She also referred us to a specialist for additional surgery/ second opinion and also provided us with research about treatment with out without the surgery. she was not pushy with the options and let us make the decision. She is a firm believer about having 1 embryo implanted and voiced her concerns about twins. she was also open about adjusting medication according to reactions and what not. she is very forward and will let you know if she agrees with some things or not. I like that she is up to date on research and current treatment options. I do like that she does not do duplication of testing if it came back normal/out dated.
I personally thought that i would meet with MD herself. When entering the room, she introduced us to a medical student. I was not informed about her and it honestly made the visit awkward and the student looked bored and made faces during the consult. I wish they would allow the patient to consent prior to the visit. I found it insensitive.
When i met with the Dr. she was kind and knowledgeable. During the consultation she has moments where she looked down and did not make eye contact, looked like she was trying to formulate her thoughts and was kind of distracted. So it was hard to see where she was going with non verbal body language. I thought she was checked out from our visit and wanted the visit to somewhat end earlier than expected. I was happy with the answers which she provided us, i just felt that eye contact would have made me feel more confident in her answer and knowing that took this visit just as seriously as we did.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I requested a nurse to contact me, she called on a private number and did not leave contact information. I called back and left her a message and never heard back. I was informed 3 weeks later that she was on maternity leave and "never received my message" (blood work done pre-procedure). I was then contacted by a nurse who was kind and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I went to the Brooklyn clinic as it is smaller compared to the other locations and that is primary location for the MD. I liked that its a smaller office and staff and it doesn't make you feel like you're another number.
I had medical insurance and had an office visit and some testing done in the office. I did not do any treatment.
Describe Jovana Lekovich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
MD wanted 1 embryo transferred and i was inquiring about multiple. I explained why multiple and she dismissed it and explained her reasoning. She also reported that I am young and dont need to worry about doing treatment.... I wish she would have explained reasoning for 1 embryo vs.2 and to explain it deeper (in regards to my previous treatments/diagnosis). I felt it was very one sided on that decision and i was uncomfortable with her approach to that.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
During visit, I discussed with MD particular medications and the side affects of them. We discussed in length about which medications would be used. when meeting with coordinator, she did not receive the list of medication which we have agreed on. It took about several weeks for coordinator to confirm which medication would be used. Wrong medication was also faxed over to Pharmacy. I continued to receive conflicting information (which at no fault to MD) which left me uncomfortable. I also kept getting responses days/weeks later. due to the lack of responsiveness/several errors, I am uncomfortable continuing with the clinic for treatment. Every phone call or email left me second guessing/ with doubt. I wish i can trust the nurses/coordinators of this clinic but i have to do what works for me. I cannot start this process with conflicting information and its only the beginning stages.
NY - Westside

2022, Consult
Absolutely horrible experience with this doctor [Dr. Jovana Lekovich]. Fertility treatments are very sensitive and she was horrible to me. Am in shock a medical professional spoke to me the way she did. She was rude, condescending, dismissive, and weirdly diagnosed me with a disorder completely outside her area of expertise just to put me down and make me feel bad
N/a the [RMA of New York] clinic was fine but I was so traumatized by this doctor that I can’t really ever go back. Such a horrible experience. As a patient, I feel like I can at least expect basic kindness and social skills from my doctor [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] and I did not get that from this one at all...Absolutely horrible experience with this doctor. Fertility treatments are very sensitive and she was horrible to me. Am in shock a medical professional spoke to me the way she did. She was rude, condescending, dismissive, and weirdly diagnosed me with a disorder completely outside her area of expertise just to put me down and make me feel bad
Avoid at all costs
Horrible horrible bedside manner
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
N/a the clinic was fine but I was so traumatized by this doctor that I can’t really ever go back. Such a horrible experience. As a patient, I feel like I can at least expect basic kindness and social skills from my doctor and I did not get that from this one at all
Brooklyn
Although she [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] was super nice and informative I was disappointed with my treatment...new information was introduce and my course of treatment didn’t change...I struggled with getting healthy eggs. I expected that my treatment should of been adjusted to fit my current situation...I never felt like a number but hardly saw her for all my checkups.
[Nurse at RMA of New York] Always stayed in contact with me and was available to answer any questions or if I had an issue with medication delivery...there to provide and alternative or help with any other issues I had...Lack of space on monitoring days and lengthy wait times...lack of privacy for blood drawing...always clean and so where the exam rooms. They weren’t too cold either which is nice.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Although she was super nice and informative I was disappointed with my treatment after new information was introduce and my course of treatment didn’t change. Being that I struggled with getting healthy eggs. I expected that my treatment should of been adjusted to fit my current situation. And this didn’t happen and I ended up having a negative pregnancy test.
This is not only for this doctor but for all fertility doctors. As a patient do your home work. If you feel that you need to do further testing or you’ve gotten results that maybe slightly hamper your outcome. Don’t rush into the transfer cycle until you have all the facts or the issue has been rectified.
I never felt like a number but hardly saw her for all my checkups.
Anatagonist protocol. No birth control. Call with first flow of m’entras cycle. Started on day 3 Gonal F and monitoring every 3 days. Day 5 nurse instructions for meds. Cetrotide depending on how my body reacted to Gonal F and Menopur. Lupron/HCG shot before egg retrieval date.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Always stayed in contact with me and was available to answer any questions or if I had an issue with medication delivery. She was there to provide and alternative or help with any other issues I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lack of space on monitoring days and lengthy wait times. Due to this patients Seoul’s either be in the hallway or standing in the office. Also lack of privacy for blood drawing. Didn’t bother me but some people it might have. The clinic was always clean and so where the exam rooms. They weren’t too cold either which is nice.
My insurance covered the first and only cycle (1 in a lifetime). Didn’t make it to transfer. So had to pay for everything else until the transfer on my second cycle. Can’t remember the exact cost.