Joy Hasseler

Twin Cities-Edina
6405 France Avenue Suite W400
Edina, Minnesota 55435
952-920-2730
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joy Hasseler to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility to a friend?
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
We did 4 IUI's with Dr. Hasseler. For IUI you get a baseline on day three, and come back in fro another Follicle Ultrasound on day 12 to check lining and eggs. I presented "textbook" cycles and was able to do a trigger shot on day 12, and come in on day 14 for the insemination for each cycle we completed. First IUI I only used clomid for days 3-7. The second IUI was clomid plus estradiol 1/day . They explained they wanted to make the lining more "sticky" with the estradiol. The third was clomid, plus estradiol 2/day and vaginally and I developed a cyst. The fourth was clomid plus estradiol 2/day vaginally, I did not develop a cyst this time.
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
She is knowledgeable and understanding of infertility. I believe she is very skilled, and when she did my endometriosis surgery, I felt like she was very thorough and wanted to get answers. Again, I just had a few times where I felt like I was just another patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
She knows her stuff, but she might not always be warm or the most caring doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
Dr. Hasseler is very knowledgeable on the basics of infertility. While she is my primary care Gyno, I felt on a few occasions that my questions might be unexpected or a slowing her down from other patients.
Describe the protocols Joy Hasseler used in your cycles at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility and their degree of success.
My biggest criticism of OGI is the nursing staff at the Maple Grove office. I've been a patient in Edina for years, but the MG office is different. They don't communicate the next steps in IUI very well, you always have to ask or just know what you need to do next. While the nurses who did the insemination are good, we did have one IUI where my husband's sperm showed zero motility... and they told us that when I called to say I had my period and needed to schedule the next IUI. Had they told us that after running his sample, we would have asked to submit another sample, not bothered with the IUI that month, or just gone home and had sex. It was incredibly frustrating that they didn't think about telling us that information ahead of time. After that, we asked what his results were before even going in for the insemination appointment. I also had an HCG test there after my first IVF FET that was the worst blood draw I've ever had. First, they dind't have the orders and wanted to do a FSH test on me instead. Second, I've never had a problem with getting blood drawn, but the first nurse couldn't get the needle in my vein at all. She tried my other arm and same problem. A second nurse struggled as well and was ready to go back to the first arm before she finally was able to get the blood drawn.
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
OGI is big, with lots of options for doctors, and consistently rated one of the best clinics in the state. For my annual exam and endometriosis diagnosis, it was great. For IUI's, so-so. They do not do IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
We initially had to pay out of pocket for IUIs, and it was around $1,000 total. When we changed insurance, they covered up to three IUIs and it dropped to about $200-$400.
Describe Joy Hasseler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
What specific things went wrong at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
Joy Hasseler