Medical SchoolU of Minnesota
ResidencyU of Minnesota
6405 France Avenue Suite W400
Edina, Minnesota 55435
952-920-2730
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joy Hasseler to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility to a friend?
I only met with her [Dr. Joy Hassler] one time during the 3 cycles of IUI we did. That was disappointing however she had really done her homework on me and seemed to know her stuff... I really enjoyed dr hasseler. The only reasons we switched MDs is their clinic did not do IVF and we were ready to move forward with that. I felt like she truly listened to our needs and explained things in terms we could understand. She took her Time with us. I felt like in that moment we were her only patients and her sole focus was on us. We only saw her for our consultation appointment. All the US and IUIs were don’t by NPs- who were amazing! I know she directed he care from the background and reviewed labs but i wish should would’ve been a little more present during treatment.
How was your experience with Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
My advice is the same despite who your doctor is... advocate for yourself! You are in charge of your care! If you don’t like something say it, if it is taking to long to Scheudle things or whatever keep pushing, keep calling until it is done the right way!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
I only met with her one time during the 3 cycles of IUI we did. That was disappointing however she had really done her homework on me and seemed to know her stuff
Describe the protocols Joy Hasseler used in your cycles at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility and their degree of success.
We used oral clomid and ovidrel injections for our first IUI. Then I developed cysts and I requested to switch medications. We then used letrizole and ovidrel for the next two IUIs
The NPs did all of my US and IUIs. They were amazing! They were super friendly and able to answer all of my questions. I was so grateful for them
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
Clinic ran in time. I was able to go on my lunch break for labs and an insem and I didn’t have any problems with them running late. They weren’t necessarily “open” on weekends but they did do IUIs in the morning-you couldn’t get labs drawn or see providers. It was clean and quiet. Staff were friendly.
Describe Joy Hasseler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
Twin Cities-Edina

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.

3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
We did 4 IUI's with Dr. Hasseler. For IUI you get a baseline on day three, and come back in fro another Follicle Ultrasound on day 12 to check lining and eggs. I presented "textbook" cycles and was able to do a trigger shot on day 12, and come in on day 14 for the insemination for each cycle we completed. First IUI I only used clomid for days 3-7. The second IUI was clomid plus estradiol 1/day . They explained they wanted to make the lining more "sticky" with the estradiol. The third was clomid, plus estradiol 2/day and vaginally and I developed a cyst. The fourth was clomid plus estradiol 2/day vaginally, I did not develop a cyst this time.
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
She is knowledgeable and understanding of infertility. I believe she is very skilled, and when she did my endometriosis surgery, I felt like she was very thorough and wanted to get answers. Again, I just had a few times where I felt like I was just another patient.
She knows her stuff, but she might not always be warm or the most caring doctor.
Dr. Hasseler is very knowledgeable on the basics of infertility. While she is my primary care Gyno, I felt on a few occasions that my questions might be unexpected or a slowing her down from other patients.
My biggest criticism of OGI is the nursing staff at the Maple Grove office. I've been a patient in Edina for years, but the MG office is different. They don't communicate the next steps in IUI very well, you always have to ask or just know what you need to do next. While the nurses who did the insemination are good, we did have one IUI where my husband's sperm showed zero motility... and they told us that when I called to say I had my period and needed to schedule the next IUI. Had they told us that after running his sample, we would have asked to submit another sample, not bothered with the IUI that month, or just gone home and had sex. It was incredibly frustrating that they didn't think about telling us that information ahead of time. After that, we asked what his results were before even going in for the insemination appointment. I also had an HCG test there after my first IVF FET that was the worst blood draw I've ever had. First, they dind't have the orders and wanted to do a FSH test on me instead. Second, I've never had a problem with getting blood drawn, but the first nurse couldn't get the needle in my vein at all. She tried my other arm and same problem. A second nurse struggled as well and was ready to go back to the first arm before she finally was able to get the blood drawn.
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
OGI is big, with lots of options for doctors, and consistently rated one of the best clinics in the state. For my annual exam and endometriosis diagnosis, it was great. For IUI's, so-so. They do not do IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
We initially had to pay out of pocket for IUIs, and it was around $1,000 total. When we changed insurance, they covered up to three IUIs and it dropped to about $200-$400.
What specific things went wrong at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?