Joyce Vargyas (Deceased)

Los Angeles
11818 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-828-4008
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Joyce Vargyas (Deceased) to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend California Fertility Partners to a friend?
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
My doctor was actually Dr. Joyce Vargas approx. 1994-1997 when my daughter was born through egg donor. Dr. Vargas passed away a few years later. I chose Bronte Stone because he was in charge of all the technical stuff at CFA and he was the one who gave me my results over the phone...We used donor eggs because I was 45 and my eggs were old, even though I was very healthy. We also had to "immunize" me against my husband's DNA because I had a miscarriage through natural means
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Joyce Vargyas (Deceased) at California Fertility Partners?
See prior answer. Bronte was in charge of the lab and all the mixing of embryos, etc. But he was the guy who gave me the good news the IVF with our egg donor worked!!! Other people who worked with him were a phlebotomoist I had to see every week for blood tests. My husband and I also had to have a treatment with Bronte where they took my husband's blood, spun it down and then injected me with the white blood cells so I wouldn't reject his DNA. Bronte was in charge of that and so good with my husband who was a very reluctant participant in going to the great measures we did to have our baby (he had 3 other grown kids).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joyce Vargyas (Deceased) at California Fertility Partners?
Don't get your hopes up. Find out about every procedure--Bronte was very good about explaining everything in laymen's terms. So was Dr. Vargyas. That's why I switched clinics from from one in Torrance to CFA in Santa Monica, even though Torrance was closer to my home and work. The Torrance doctor was supposed to be top of the line professionally but I hated his bedside manner. Very cold, not empathetic. In my case, chemistry with my doctor was so important, going through this very emotional process. I wanted the medical expertise, but also some warmth and compassion, which is what we got at CFA
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joyce Vargyas (Deceased) at California Fertility Partners?
My doctor was actually Dr. Joyce Vargas approx. 1994-1997 when my daughter was born through egg donor. Dr. Vargas passed away a few years later. I chose Bronte Stone because he was in charge of all the technical stuff at CFA and he was the one who gave me my results over the phone---I have never been so happy to receive a phone call in my life---I cried and I think he almost cried. He got great joy over his patient's success. My daughter just celebrated her 22nd birthday yesterday and I will never forget him.
Describe the protocols Joyce Vargyas (Deceased) used in your cycles at California Fertility Partners and their degree of success.
This was a long time ago. We used donor eggs because I was 45 and my eggs were old, even though I was very healthy. We also had to "immunize" me against my husband's DNA because I had a miscarriage through natural means and found out I was rejecting his DNA...Can't remember the name of that protocol. I had tried Insemination and a couple rounds of Clomid before we decided to do egg donor and we were so lucky to have it work the first time!
Describe your experience with your nurse at California Fertility Partners. (Assigned nurse: Yes, two nurses. One was Terri)
I had to give myself Heprin injections to prevent blood clots in the placenta for the first three months and that was a big deal---I hate shots--and twice a day in my tummy!!! I remember the day they told me I had to do that for the health of the baby and the pregnancy---I was very reluctant, but the nurse and Dr. Vargyas explained it was like giving myself insulin shots to live, if I had diabetes. They were always so empathetic and had a sense of humor. They even came to visit me in the hospital after I had my baby.
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
Hard to remember but they were very good overall; much better than the clinic in Torrance. Great nurses and doctors. And Myrna Navas, the person in charge of matching donors was spectacular. Their questionnaire was so complete, getting into extensive family history. She was also wonderful to talk to and helped make picking a donor and easier process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joyce Vargyas (Deceased) at California Fertility Partners.
can't remember
Describe Joyce Vargyas (Deceased)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California Fertility Partners.
This was a long time ago when they put in more eggs. It resulted in 2 embryos, one which split into identical twins. For my health and having a healthy singleton, I had to have selective reduction.
Joyce Vargyas (Deceased)
California Fertility Partners
Los Angeles

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joyce Vargyas (Deceased) at California Fertility Partners.