Medical SchoolU. of Cincinnati
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
419 Rodi Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-731-8000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Judith Albert to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Health Specialists to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Albert makes me feel like she’s studying my case and thinking of new ways to make it work and bringing in colleagues to help me. She appears to be very knowledgeable and resourceful. She is very straight with us and is honest when we strategize.... We started with an IUI even though it hadn’t worked at our previous doctor....We jumped right into ivf...Retrieved 23 eggs. 13 became embryos. We had a frozen transfer because we worried about OHSS.
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Trust her. She’s got a lot of experience with this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I feel like I’m their most important and favorite patient.
Describe the protocols Judith Albert used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
We started with an IUI even though it hadn’t worked at our previous doctor. It didn’t work. We jumped right into ivf and had our first retrieval on thanksgiving. Retrieved 23 eggs. 13 became embryos. We had a frozen transfer because we worried about OHSS. The first transfer resulted negative. We continued with several more FETs. And all were negative. On Memorial Day we had our first fresh transfer (I like a good holiday). I went gluten free for the months before, we only transferred one instead of two, and I ended up pregnant. I lost the pregnancy when I went in to see the heartbeat at 8 weeks. I had a D&C a few days later bc I didn’t want to waste time waiting for it to pass. I needed the closure. We had a ton of tests done to check for various factors. I didn’t not react to gluten so I’m no longer gluten free, though I’d consider doing it again because I feel like it might have been the key. We had a few more FETs after the recovery from D&C. We decided we might need a fresh batch of embryos. We did a retrieval on Feb 22 and transferred one again on Feb 27 but we just found out it was negative. On this cycle, I had what we feel was a period 3dp5dt. I highly recommend the cost sharing plan. We couldn’t have done it without the shared risk. We refinanced our house and made it work. We are going to consider genetic testing on the embryos next.
The nursing staff is so kind and they make you feel that they truly care. I’ve been there so long I’ve seen Medical assistants come and go. I absolutely trust all of them and they all know me by name.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I feel so comfortable there. You spend ALOT of time there so it’s very important to feel comfortable. I’m greeted by my name which always makes me feel good. I love when I walk up to the receptionist to check in and she greets me by name. Makes me smile every time. While I’m walking through the halls the techs all smile at me or address me by name or follow up from a frivolous conversation we’ve had while they’re drawing my blood or scanning me. The phlebotomist recalled why my husband does and where he works and it was just amazing to me. They see so many people and they remember me!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists.
We paid separate for our first IUI. I cannot remember the cost. We enrolled in the shared risk plan. We paid $25,000 for a 100% money back guarantee. Either we’d have a baby or get our money back. Best decision we made. You get four retrieval’s and all of the frozen embryos that those can make. Once you take home a living baby, you’re contract is terminated. If after 2 years or 4 fresh cycles and the embryos are used up, you still have no baby, then you get your money back. You have to qualify for the program based on your health history.
Describe Judith Albert's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Their view is different than mine. They see the risks of a multiples pregnancy. I see it as this is my only chance. I’m tapped out on money when this is said and done and if I could get two babies at once it would be worth the risk. Ultimately they let me make the choice but they are very convincing.
Pittsburgh
Dr. Albert never appears rushed and is always willing to answer questions completely....She is also very knowledgable and willing to modify testing and treatment based on my personal concerns. She isn't a very warm personality, but that's not necessary for me personally. She is also thorough and great with answering questions.... She isn't harsh/rude/insensitive, just not very warm and fuzzy. However, she is very good at what she does and will give you quality and individualized care.
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Albert comes highly recommended by another MD that I truly respect. She is also very knowledgable and willing to modify testing and treatment based on my personal concerns. She isn't a very warm personality, but that's not necessary for me personally. She is also thorough and great with answering questions.
Specifically to Dr. Albert, don't expect a lot of personal relationship. She isn't harsh/rude/insensitive, just not very warm and fuzzy. However, she is very good at what she does and will give you quality and individualized care. Come with all your concerns written down so you don't forget b/c she is very good at answering questions and I sometimes forgot all I wanted to talk about.
The clinic is always friendly and engaging. Dr. Albert never appears rushed and is always willing to answer questions completely.
I started on clomid b/c I had some signs of PCOS. 3 cycles of clomid were unsuccessful so we moved to Letrazole for a monitored cycle. I had some rectal bleeding on my first cycle with it, so all Tx was placed on hold until I had a colonoscopy which was normal except for hemorrhoids. Now I am on my second cycle of letrozole and am anticipating my first IUI on this medication. The Letrozol is strictly to help me predict when I ovulate. My cycles are inconsistent and this way I can plan my work schedule for IUIs. If two IUI cycles don't result in live birth, our plan is to progress to IVF.
Informative, helpful, kind/
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Take a deep breath. They're all really kind and welcoming. The clinic is very zen, too. Allow yourself about 1 to 1.5 hrs for a MD visit b/c it can take a while b/n different parts of the visit. But ultrasound and lab is pretty fast.
Ultrasounds are somewhere around 150-250. Lab usually runs me b/n 13 and 50. All semen work and the procedure for IUI isn't supposed to be more than $400.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I do like Dr. Albert though I think she does not seem to look in depth into what some other clinics are doing as far as researching effects of other disorders on IVF outcomes (immune/MTHFR/etc). It seems like she is hesitant to think outside of the box. She is compassionate and really does care about her patients; but I feel maybe not as forward thinking or experimental as other doctors perhaps. She does take into account your thoughts and feelings towards your treatment however.
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Though she appears very clinical and black and white, she has a huge heart. Be prepared to advocate for yourself though, just as anywhere else.
Dr. Albert truly has a heart. She can come off clinical but I felt that she cared when we had our losses. She even offered to speak with me at my convenience. She does really care.
We began with IUI and clomid, hormonal support in the form of vaginal progesterone suppositories. I'm glad she didn't waste time on those, they gave us negative results. In my IVF cycle we used birth control, Menopur, Lupron, Follistim that I can remember as well as progesterone in oil, estradiol tabs orally, and doxycycline and medrol. I had to be a freeze all cycle as my hormonal levels were high and they were afraid to risk OHSS. So we got 28 eggs and I was pleased. 9 made it to day 5 blast, and all but two were graded 4 or above (two 2's). First eSET, positive beta, great second beta, ultrasound appointment we had no heartbeat, but fetal pole and yolk sac. Missed miscarriage at 7w (had to have a D&C as I would not miscarry even 3-4 weeks later). Second we transferred two, positive result, great second beta, baby/babies could not be found on ultrasound. Miscarried at home around 4-5 weeks. Third we transferred two, chemical pregnancy, fourth we transferred two and another chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Antanina Perricone)
I love Nina. She became a friend to me. She cares so much about her patients and I have nothing but good positive things to say about her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
The portal system is buggy. On important days it felt like it would crash on me (beta days!). Also, when we first started treatment there we would get results quickly, and then (as current as now) results seem to take all day which is nerve wracking. It's better than having to wait the next day, but still from what we started with to now it is a bit frustrating.
We had to pay an ambulatory and surgical fee for retrieval since we were at a private clinic (over $1000 I believe). We paid for freezing out of pocket as well, and ICSI. A small amount was covered for our initial IVF cycle through old insurance we had but it didn't cover a whole cycle, I can't remember exactly but ICSI may have been around $1500, and freezing for the first 18 months $1500 (two years ago). If my estimates are remembered correctly. An FET costs roughly $3400 each time, and freezing (after the first 18 months that we already paid for) about $60 per month.
She strongly recommends eSET. She will try to move you to eSET if you are young. But due to our situation she let us try two at successive transfers.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Pittsburgh
I feel as though Dr. Albert had taken the time to throughly go over our history and diagnosis and developed a personalized plan of care for us.... She thoroughly reviewed our past medical history and current diagnosis of MFI and made sure everything was in line before starting the process of IVF. She reviewed all of our options with us and once the plan for IVF was in place everything seem to go smoothly and as planned. Dr. Albert was very kind, compassionate and listened to all of our concerns....
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I feel as though Dr. Judith Albert was a great RE. She thoroughly reviewed our past medical history and current diagnosis of MFI and made sure everything was in line before starting the process of IVF. She reviewed all of our options with us and once the plan for IVF was in place everything seem to go smoothly and as planned. Dr. Albert was very kind, compassionate and listened to all of our concerns.
Try to stay as calm as possible throughout the process, trust Dr. Judith Albert and her team, and lean on friends and family for support!
I feel as though Dr. Albert had taken the time to throughly go over our history and diagnosis and developed a personalized plan of care for us. She took the time to answer all of our questions and I never felt rushed and never felt like I was just a number.
I honestly forget the majority of the medications/protocol. I know started on birth control and then possibly Gonal-F, Menopur, and Lupron. (but it's been awhile) I also was on the progesterone IM shots daily. They retrieved 9 eggs and then went through the process of ICSI. We only had 2 embryos make it to day 5 for the transfer and because of quality of the embryos we decided to transfer both. We had a successful outcome and now have a healthy baby boy!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Our nurse/coordinator was very well educated and explained the plan of care very well. She and all the other nurses we came in contact with were very compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I feel like overall the clinic was very organized and the staff members were all very knowledgeable and compassionate. They took the time to listen to my questions and concerns and overall would recommend this clinic to others.
It was approximately 15,000 for the IVF and ICSI.
We originally had planned to just transfer on embryo, but on the day of the transfer we spoke with Dr. Albert and because we had one ok embryo and one that was not as good and would not make it to freeze she discussed options to transfer 2 embryos. She reviewed the risks involved etc and the final decision came down to my husband and I, and we decided to transfer 2 embryos.
Pittsburgh
We loved Dr. Albert! She was thorough, straight to the point, patient, and remembered details about our personal lives. She was confident that we would conceive, and gave us all of the necessary information needed to make the choice on whether we should pay for numerous transfers upfront or one at a time...We tried one cycle of IUI. We did one retrieval, but had to cancel and freeze all due to being overstimulated.
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
You have to be alright with hearing Information straight up without sugar coating!
She was straight to the point, but kind, and laid out all the information we could possibly need.
We tried one cycle of IUI. We did one retrieval, but had to cancel and freeze all due to being overstimulated. The next cycle we transferred one frozen and it didn’t take. The following cycle we transferred one embryo and it took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Nina)
She was rude, demanding and threatened to cancel our cycle because I couldn’t make one appointment
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
This clinic is professional, clean, well respected and a great place to start a family! We were unhappy with our nurse ivf coordinator, but luckily the other staff provided a warm welcoming place for us during a very difficult time in our life!
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Health Specialists?
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Dr Albert was very thorough and organized. She explained everything we asked and told us about any risks. She was compassionate and would personally call if something was needed to be explained and the nurses were not able to...She is very to the point and comes across as having no bedside manner, but she is very good...Dr Albert used different strategies than my other doctors have. She did the procedure before the transfer to scratch my lining. She also adjusted my medications from my previous doctor.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
They were compassionate
The nursing staff worked well together, but sometimes it was confusing talking strictly through the patient portal.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Most communication is done via online portal. Earliest appointments are 7am, which to some that may not be ideal. They are always running on time.
Roughly $15k for full fresh IVF cycle with ICSI. $3700 for a frozen transfer cycle. Roughly $1000 for storage costs to freeze embryos.
Dr Albert explained the risks with transferring multiple embryos but was willing to do it since we've had 3 failed transfers in the past.
2011 - 2015
3 IUI, IVF
Dr. Albert was always willing to listen to my concerns and answer any questions I had. But the nurses are what make this practice...
2011 - 2015
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I loved this practice. Everyone was friendly and caring. I felt like I was important to them and that they truly cared about me and helping me. Dr Albert was always willing to listen to my concerns and answer any questions I had. But the nurses are what make this practice, they are who you interact with daily and depending on what type of treatments you are undergoing determines who your nurse is and that's great because you have one person to touch base with and you know they know your case and history inside and out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
My nurse was amazing, she was there for me when I had questions concerns and fears. She had a great personality and was easy to talk to.
Pittsburgh
Judith [Albert] is straight to the point. There was no sugar coating things and I liked that. She effectively communicated our results and treatment plans and listened to our concerns and provide us with advice and how to proceed
How was your experience with Judith Albert at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Judith is straight to the point. There was no sugar coating things and I liked that. She effectively communicated our results and treatment plans and listened to our concerns and provide us with advice and how to proceed
Be respectful of your patients time. She occasionally runs behind.
She spent a lot of time reviewing our history and talking to us
Quick and effective communication, kind and understanding