Judith McBean

Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Fertility Center

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Vermont
Brattleboro
21 Belmont Avenue, Gannett Building
Brattleboro, VA 05301
802-251-9965
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Judith McBean to a friend?
Dr McBean has been incredible- very responsive, patient, compassionate, even when we’ve taken a lot of her time for questions. She made me and my husband feel like we could ask any question and that she understood how difficult the process can be to struggle with one’s fertility. I have been very impressed by her knowledge of research and data, as well...Dr McBean and her fellow doctors and nurses have been knowledgeable, patient, supportive, and accessible.
How was your experience with Judith McBean at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Ob-Gyn?
We have had an excellent experience with this practice. Dr McBean and her fellow doctors and nurses have been knowledgeable, patient, supportive, and accessible. The nurse always returns calls/questions within a few hours, and Dr McBean herself has been very generous with her time during our appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Judith McBean at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Ob-Gyn?
Be ready to ask questions; she is happy to explain procedures or next steps, and help make informed choices about fertility matters.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Judith McBean at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Ob-Gyn?
Describe the protocols Judith McBean used in your cycles at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Ob-Gyn and their degree of success.
After four months of trying to conceive, we had success last fall, but due to genetic abnormalities we had a D&C. We have now been trying again for another year, and since I am 40, we have been anxious to conceive. My husband and I have both been tested, and all results (sperm, hormones, genetics) have been positive, so the likely cause of our difficulty is my age. We have attempted three IUIs with clomid, with no success. Soon we will move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Ob-Gyn.
The clinic is a standard Ob-Gyn clinic; the waiting room is calm, and generally not too busy. The wait times have been very minimal on every visit, and all experiences with IUIs and ultrasounds have taken place here, including on weekends due to my cycle timing. The staff is very accessible and responsive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Judith McBean at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital Ob-Gyn.
$290 for IUI