Medical SchoolLudwig Maximilian
FellowshipWash U. St. Louis
15955 SW 96th St
Miami, FL 33196
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Juergen Eisermann to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Eisermann and his team are very professional. When you interact with him you can immediately tell that he is well versed in his field. His level of knowledge is evident. I felt that because he explains this every day, multiple times a day, he sometimes goes too fast and can be confusing. He reassures you when you ask a question but left me feeling unclear with his final answer. What I do love about him is that after our failed attempt he told me that he would work with me to identify why we did not get pregnant. He set me up for a few tests and immediately identified a possible caused. He addressed it and within a few months we were pregnant with twins.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Follow his instructions to the letter. Rely on his team to offer the additional support you will need. When in doubt of ask him for further details, if still not sure, contact another individual from his team who can help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Eisermann and his team are very professional. After our first failed attempt they were all very reassuring and caring. Dr. Eisermann worked on identifying the issue of our first attempt and within a few short months we were trying again, this time we had 2 frozen embryos transferred which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. We are expecting twins (boy & girl) in early 2018. His supporting team is beyond amazing. My coordinator was Yosi, she communicated with me on an ongoing basis, answered all and any of my questions with honesty and care. She always made me feel like she cared about my process and outcome. Highly recommend this team!
Describe the protocols Juergen Eisermann used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
One of the things I remember is that after my first failed attempt, the doctor wanted to identify why my embryo didn't attach. After running some tests he set me up for intralipid transfusions which allowed my body to be receptive and not reject my second transfer. I needed a total of three intralipid transfusions, two were administered in the doctor's office and the last one was conveniently set to be done in my home (same cost).
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yoselyn Diaz)
Yoselyn Diaz, affectionately known as "Yosi" was beyond amazing. Yosi was always there to answer my questions and address my concerns. She was caring and compassionate and made me feel as though she was invested in my process. She was helpful and resourceful. Honestly, the best!
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has a dedicated team of individuals. They are professional and knowledgeable in the field. One of my observations would be that I had instances when I would like voicemail messages and wouldn't get a timely response. In terms of aesthetics, the clinic's lobby is tastefully decorated and everything is clean and organized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
I invested over $30K in the process (two attempts)
Describe Juergen Eisermann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Eisermann really left it up to my husband and I to chose. We didn't have that many available to begin with, so on our first attempt we decided on one embryo (didn't attach). Second attempt, we opted for two embryos which resulted in a twin pregnancy. We are expecting a boy and a girl.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Eisermann has great bedside manner and will give you the time needed to answer all questions you might have. His statistics are some of the best in the area. The only negative is that due to him being in high demand, it can be difficult to get an appointment specifically with him. Usually they will try to give you an appointment with a nurse rather than with him. I always ask for him specifically when scheduling an appointment and am able to get him about 50% of the time. I also do not like the fact that he does not perform the IUIs himself.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Eisermann has great bedside manner and will give you the time needed to answer all questions you might have. The only negative is that due to him being in high demand, it can be difficult to get an appointment specifically with him. Usually they will try to give you an appointment with a nurse rather than with him. I always ask for him specifically when scheduling an appointment and am able to get him about 50% of the time.
IUI: femara 5mg on days 3-7, ovidrel around day 14 depending on ultrasound, IUI approximately 24 hours later. IVF: About to start the process so cannot comment yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Suselle but also worked with others)
Sasha, Leslie and Karla are amazing! Jeksy is also excellent at drawing blood and is very patient if you are squeamish. She has never had to stick me more than once, which I greatly appreciate! All of the nurses are very helpful and understanding and have a good bedside manner. If they are not comfortable performing a procedure or don't know how to answer a question they will ASK the doctor and will never wing it or give you the wrong answer. The weekend nurse Ashley is my least favorite of the staff. She contradicts the dr and at one point even told me that the dr's protocol was wrong. I never felt comfortable with her. Her bedside manner is average, not great.
Strengths: -Great, knowledgeable nurses and medical assistants -Helpful, knowledgeable billing/insurance coordinators -The ladies at the checkout desk are wonderful (especially Darilis & Rosie) -Dr. Eisermann is understanding and explains things clearly and in layman's terms -Although procedures are expensive, they are comparable or better than other clinics I have researched. Weaknesses: -Can't always see the dr. directly due to his schedule and/or vacations
IUIs were covered by insurance, so I paid a $65 copay for each visit. Visits for bloodwork only were fully covered by my insurance (no copay). Intralipid treatment was not covered by insurance and was $170 out of pocket per IV treatment. Bloodwork for natural killer (NK) cells was not covered by insurance and was about $350 out of pocket. My IVF cycle will cost about $12,000 plus medications. They offer several packages depending on your specific medical needs. They also offer different discounts to these packages at times.
About to start the IVF process so cannot comment yet.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
From the 1st day we met with Dr. Eiserman he reviewed our file and was very confident he could help us conceive a positive pregnancy. His strong recommendations were for a donor egg versus my own due to my age and having a positive outcome therefore this was the only avenue I was not too content with but we followed his recommendations. He led my care with much dignity and respect for our concerns and always was direct on what needed to be addressed in order to have a positive pregnancy as my main reason for IVF assistance was maternal age after no other medical issues were we against us conceiving. He made sure to include us in all our test and discussed with us what were the best options to address and was open to answering our concerns never feeling rushed nor just another number for his clinic. We are very grateful and blessed he was able to help us conceive our newest addition to our family.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
I must say there has been a long process for us and if you are in a rush this is just not the mindset to keep. Patience and following medical advise is key. It is not easy though. With this said I must say that I never saw myself utilizing an IVF specialist as I had 3 live births in my life 2 from my 1st marriage and 1 from my current marriage which afterwards we were having a tough time conceiving again therefore were open to have this help. Are there any regrets? Yes and No as I wish I would have educated myself to save my own embryo as using a donor one took a bit to accept, but once done I could not look back and am very happy I did. Dr. Eiserman was a key proponent in discussing many of our concerns and helped us get educated on the IVF world and process of how he was confident he could help us after reviewing our medical records. I am in the medical field and understood much of his process yet had questions as this was an uncharted territory for me. We felt his demeanor and professionalism helped us make the decision to move forward and embark in this process. Since the day we said yes to proceed Dr. Eiserman was a man of his word, very attentive and displayed much patience to address any concerns we may have had. My husband and or myself. our meetings were thorough never rushed and he made sure to help us feel we were engaged and educated. We did have a setback upon our 1st expected FET (frozen egg) where it never happened due to internal issues with the embryo and this was devastating to us all. As much all time was spent in preparation and the waiting was unbearable ( this is why I mentioned previously, patience is a virtue) It was very difficult and disappointing as we were lost and for a moment felt we needed to walk away. Fortunately Dr. Eiserman sat with us reviewed the issues at hand and knew that he had to do the right thing being he was a man of his word and after his own internal review he was able to make this process a reality again for us making sure to take full ownership, therefore a new cycle was started in preparation for a new FET with a fresh embryo. Once he was able to immediately address this issue we were back on track to start the stim cycle again in line to perform FET. 2 months later (which felt like another year) we were able to do our FET and 6 weeks later we tested positive. After the monitoring and following his plan of care we were discharged with a positive pregnancy past our 12 weeks and we welcome our son 7 weeks early this March 2017. We are blessed and could never be more thankful of Dr. Eiserman he knew and knows this filed and is one of the many blessings that helped us and crossed our path allowing us to experience this blessing one more time in our lives. Forever we are thankful!
Patience, be informed, ask questions but educate yourself that you are able to have a dialogue with a physician that knows his field. Allow yourself to be open for options as what you may think is the only avenue you need or want to experience with today's technology you have other options that can and may help you conceive.
Birth Control to start off Lupron 5units daily Pelvic Ultrasounds Estrace 2mg Vivelle Patches .1mg x2 Antibiotics (Doxycycline 100mg) for myself and husband prior to FET Progesterone capsules 200mg Progesterone oil 50mg Prenatal Vitamins Baby Aspirin 80mg Medrol 4 mg Husbands sperm donation for fertilization process Progestrone injections
Front desk staff were very friendly and made your visits very welcoming. Calling office was a bit of a challenge (weakness) as the main line directs you to general call box which then prompts you to select the office you are trying to call which then a receptionist answers and then has to manually transfers you to the clinic you are trying to reach. It was a bit time consuming when trying to reach the office. Once you are in the transfer process the direct line they provide you for a mail box for your treatment plan progress and messages I find it very helpful and makes retrieving your plan of care very productive for the office.
22k + out of pocket
Miami
He's [Dr. Eisermann is] the absolute best! He makes my husband and I feel comfortable and explains everything thoroughly. He's patient and always gives me undivided attention. And best of all, in just a few months, he made our dreams come true, after struggling with infertility for 4 years! I am beyond grateful for him and that God lead me to him...
My favorite doctors' office - from the staff, to the nurses, to my doc (Dr. Eisermann), and even the doctors on call! Nurses were always personable and nice. My calls were usually returned in a timely manner. I didn't like that there was no direct connection to a nurse; you always had to leave a message. However, I had an emergency one time and the operator/front desk was able to get me answers right away. I honestly have no complaints, only gratefulness for this office. God lead us to Dr. Eisermann and I am forever grateful. He's the absolute best! He makes my husband and I feel comfortable and explains everything thoroughly. He's patient and always gives me undivided attention. And best of all, in just a few months, he made our dreams come true, after struggling with infertility for 4 years! I am beyond grateful for him and that God lead me to him. Keep doing what you guys do - you do it best! THANK YOU for everything!
GO FOR IT! He's the best.
Miami
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Even though I had little contact with Dr Eisermann, he was informative and had great bedside manners...talked very well about my case and my chances of getting pregnant. He gave us good odds from the beginning. My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. In the days leading up to my first ultrasound, I had very low bchg levels but the doctor never implied nor assumed it was ectopic. I guess that is the only thing I would criticize, that never informed us that it could be a possibility.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
We had a case of male infertility due to cancer. The Doctor was informative, talked very well about my case and my chances of getting pregnant. He gave us good odds from the beginning. My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. In the days leading up to my first ultrasound, I had very low bchg levels but the doctor never implied nor assumed it was ectopic. I guess that is the only thing I would criticize, that never informed us that it could be a possibility. However, during my second transfer, he was positive that it would be successful and made sure to do things differently. I ended up getting pregnant and having a baby.
Ask away. Make sure to ask what will better your odds, what things to avoid and ask for direct numbers to his nurses and staff.
While I had very little contact with The doctor, his staff took the time to know me and answered all my questions. They were nice, encouraging and helped me work around treatments and through my miscarriage. Even though I had little contact with Dr Eisermann, he was informative and had great bedside manners.
My husbands very low sperm count disqualified us from IUI. IVF was our option from the get go.I had a pretty regular procedure. I had very regular periods so they started me on decadron, gonal, and some other drugs I can’t remember now. Egg retrieval went well, 12 eggs and 8 fertilized. First transfer consisted of two embryos, but resulted in ectopic pregnancy and tube removal. Second time I was on Estrace, vivelle patches, and Lupron. After the embryo transfer I was on progesterone oil and estrace or estradiol. This continued until I was about 3 months along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Gladys Lopez)
I believe Gladys wasn’t my nurse but she is the one I had the most contact with. I had no contact with my assigned nurse and wasn’t ever able to reach her. However, Gladys and the rest of the nurses/staff were always nice and friendly. Gladys was always within reach and would always answer my questions and concerns. I owe my son to her, she was wonderful
Very long waiting times. Getting anyone to answer their phone/extension is a game of cat and mouse. However, once in there, the clinic is clean and tidy, the nurses and staff are friendly and informative.
It was an entire package that included a number of tests, ultrasounds and vistos. Without medication, the entire ivf process was 6,000. The second time since it was only a transfer, it was 4,000
My doctor recommended eSET from the first time we met. I was 30, healthy and a single embryo transfer would increase my chances. However, right before we had the embryo transfer, the doctor informed us that we had various type A quality embryos and that going for multiple (2) embryos would have good chances. The second time I went in for a transfer, I was Adamant about just having eSET so as not to decrease the amount of embryos I had left at that point.
Miami
With Dr. Eisermann we felt respected and that our case was important- actually it felt it was his only case. Dr. Eisermann cared about our journey, balancing humanity with transparency....Dr. Eisermann is a great professional with high ethical sense, he is very transparent and has very warm bed manners. He committed to our journey always keep us grounded in reality. Dr. Eisermann always made us feel as if we were his only patients.- I am grateful to have found him and for his support with our cycles.
Ask a lot of questions, the doctor is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and very open to share- understanding the process helps to go through the journey. It helps to manage the emotional component of it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Adriana Ballestas)
Adriana is excellent , she was there by us all the way and participated emotionally of our milestones as we were achieving them. I travel a lot for work and she worked around my agenda to make everything work. I just love her!
IVF MD is very organized, the staff is friendly and warm. You can sense how they work as a team and personally we always felt that each of the team members were with us...excited and happy as we progress through the process. The cycle is a roller coaster, but having people around that cheers up for you makes it so much easier. We are very thankful with every single member of this team for supporting us during the two cycles.
Each cycle was around $15k
Dr. Eisermann is convervative; meaning he will do what is needed to achieve pregnancy, taking in consideration the mom and baby health. He also understood our moral stands and respected them.
Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Eisermann's style is very honest and candid. He did not try to sugar coat the challenges of fertility, but that being said, I knew that he was completely trustworthy. He told us the pros and cons of different treatments, but gave us his best recommendation - which ended up working very well. I got pregnant on the first attempt with his practice, after repeated failures with another practice. Most of all, he gave us hope and a successful pregnancy!
Endometriosis, Other
Trust his recommendations and don't second guess the treatment plan, Dr. Eisermann knows what he is doing!
Dr. Eisermann gave me individualized care based on my specific needs and challenges. In contrast to other practices were it felt like a everyone had the same treatment plan, Dr. Eisermann designed a specific treatment protocol just for me.
The nurses were very compassionate and sweet. They were also attentive to my needs and requests. They were good communicators - getting back to me with answers to my questions right away.
It's a small clinic but is right next to S. Miami Hospital, which is helpful if you have to schedule a surgery there. Limited weekend hours, but the nurses/doctors will call you back on weekends.
The costs were somewhat higher at this practice than the prior practice I visited, but the results were much for effective (better treatment plan and I got pregnant the first time). I wish I had gone here first and not wasted money at the other place.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I have nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Eirsermann and his team. At all time they showed legitimate concern for my well being, they listened to me, and were warm and personable...He is a very ethic and professional practitioner. He really provided a good and easy to understand explanations for a difficult and stressful process. When you are in his hands you really feel safe and that they are doing what is best for you...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Rest assure that you are in good hands. Ask all the questions that you have and listen to the doctor.
1- Fibroid removal 2-Stimulation with Gonal-F, Ovidrell, and HCG 3-Retrieval of eggs 4-Embryo transfer after 5 days 5-Follow-up controls It was a successful cycle and and I am pregnant with twins
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susel Sanchez)
There are so many that you see in this process. In my experience they were all great, professional, understanding, and personable. They answered every question that I had, which were a lot!
-Strengths: Clean, well located, all samples are taken in place with no need to go to a lab. They provided all information about costs and expenses Weaknesses: parking is not great. Invoicing and check-out process can take long at times
Fibroid removal surgery: ~31,000, of which the insurance paid about 26,000 IVF: ~17,000 Medications and miscellaneous: ~1,000
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He was truly heaven sent. Dr. Eisermann never allowed his ego to cloud his judgement as other doctors might have. When it was determined that I had a tubal blockage he would not agree to undergo the surgery until he was sure my insurance would cover it because he could not ensure a positive result and did not want us to incur the cost of an unsuccessful surgery. He always did what was right for my husband and I.
He is one of a kind
He explained every procedure step by step. He even called me personally to thank me for a small gift we gave him around Christmas time.
They were very personable. They also never made me feel like I was bothering them with my overwhelming amount of questions. I could actually feel their empathy when they had to deliver the news that I did not achieve pregnancy that cycle.
Clean, organized, professional and flexible! They are open on weekends and open at 7am on weekdays. A great clinic choice for a full-time employee. I never waited longer than 15 minutes even when I arrived early for my appointment.
None, Unexplained
Dr. Eisermann makes us feel very comfortable due to his positive outlook. We have been to other fertility doctors and he makes us feel confident. This is a very emotional experience and even though one has to be realistic it is always good to have someone that transmits positivity....Dr. Eisermann dedicated the time needed for us to feel comfortable with the process and procedures ahead of us....He is a funny guy and makes you feel comfortable and relaxed.
None, Unexplained
He is a funny guy and makes you feel comfortable and relaxed.
Due to our history we were recommended to move on with IVF. We are currently in the process and looking forward to a great outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Mendieta)
The first visit with our nurse which will be walking us through this process was great. Very detailed and available for questions. Did not seem to rush us through the coaching process.
The location is great but the parking is hard to find at times. Ether pay to park in the streets or pay for Valet. The office is very modern and clean. The have plenty of fertility doctors around so its hard at times to know which nurse is assigned to you. I would recommend to ask from day who will be the nurse assigned so that way you can contact that person for any questions.
Our complete IVF process $12,500. Not including meds.
Miami
Dr. Eisermann listened to our concerns, explained our options in great detail and made us feel very comfortable. He was balanced in his approach, showing us the risk but also success rates. After 2 failed attempts with other providers we were scared and almost hopeless, Dr. Eisermann's commitment and professionalism put us at ease and we were successful in our first treatment.
We had a great experience with Dr. Eisermann and the entire staff, he was caring, compassionate, professional and meticulous. The staff explained every step, provided plenty of resources and were always available to answer any questions.
I love the messaging system, information online and prompt response after hours. They are extremely busy and sometimes it takes a little longer to see the nurse, so plan accordingly, at the same time they are very accommodating with busy schedules
Miami
Dr. EIsermann is very honest, professional and knowledgeable. I couldn't be in better hands. He studied our case and offer solutions that work at the end. He make me feel comfortable and was very clear with the information...He's the best! You can trust him...The doctor and the staff is very caring...
He's the best! You can trust him. Let him do his work.
The doctor and the staff is very caring. The nurses were all great, profesional and understanding.
I don't remember the names of the medicines. But we follow all the instructions as the doctor and nurses recommend and everything went great.
The nurses were all great, profesional and understanding.
The clinic is very comfortable. The valet parking is convenient and very efficient. It's very easy to get there. The staff is great. They use a lot technology so they make life simple and easy. I love this office!
Miami
Dr. Eisermann is just a wonderful person, he really cares for you and helps you through all the emotional challenges me and my husband faced during my treatment... After 3 IVF unsuccessful treatments in my home country we had almost given up hope, but his empathy and honest kindness always kept me positive and now I am on my 7th month of a very happy and serene pregnancy...Never give up hope, there are really knowledgeable who can help you.
Dr. Eisermann is just a wonderful person, he really cares for you and helps you through all the emotional challenges me and my husband faced during my treatment. After 3 IVF unsuccessful treatments in my home country we had almost given up hope, but his empathy and honest kindness always kept me positive and now I am on my 7th month of a very happy and serene pregnancy.
Never give up hope, there are really knowledgeable who can help you.
Care coordinator: the best posible. Nursing staff: one day they forget about me in the ultra sound room. It was a busy day and not really a serious issue, other than that one always fees nurses could be a little warmer: they were nice but could be better.
All very good, waiting time a little long some times, and help during off business hours was sometimes not easy
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Dr. Eisermann knows very well what he is doing. He tried different things until we got the results expected. He was caring, made sure we understood the process, the risk and the different options. He helped me feel better and not loose my hope when things did not go as expected. After some work, he made our dream a reality!!!...Firts we tried IUI, 5 times. After that 3 IVF. After the second IVF the Dr. wanted to do some additional test and discover and immunologic problem which he treated during the 3rd IVF. That work and I am having twins!
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Always have faith
Dr. Eisermann was extremely caring. He cared for me and helped me believe it was possible, that I was next.
Detailed, good communicator of the process, caring.
Best ever. The staff helps you in the process and gets very personal. They make a difference.
$60K for the whole treatment
He recommended multiple given the statistics of the treatment.
Miami
I think he's [Juergen Eisermann]very capable and intelligent and very knowledgeable in the subject of infertility. I am happy with him thus far despite the setbacks....Request to see him and make sure he's involved because some of the nurses were not very good. My first cycle should have probably been cancelled.
I think he's very capable and intelligent and very knowledgeable in the subject of infertility. I am happy with him thus far despite the setbacks.
We would get different nurses everytime & it wasn't until we were in our second retrieval that we were able to interact constantly with Esserman.
Follistim Ganirelix Menopur HCG Retrieval PGS ICSI Transfer with Progesterone & Estrogen Transferred two PGS normal Mitoscore A embryos. Negative results Awaiting blood results from immunology
I saw a different nurse every time and was very confused about results sometimes
I think the lab is at fault for damaging embryos during PGS testing. My embryos only have a 50% thaw survival rate and the two that survived did not hatch fully and never implanted.
Competitive
Miami
The most important for me as a patient is to have a professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy Doctor to count on for my treatment. I have found much more than I was looking for. Dr Eisermann made us feel from the first visit, our treatment was going to be a success, and it was!!!...My nurse coordinator [at IVFMD] was always on top of my needs. Making sure I was going in the right path, step by step... she was always available for questions!!
Always follow his directions, do what he says and trust him.
Dr. Eisermann is very professional. He was very clear, very positive. Dr Eisermann made me feel that my procedure was going to be a success from the beginning. It has been an awesome experience. I will come back!!
My nurse coordinator was always on top of my needs. Making sure I was going in the right path, step by step... she was always available for questions!!
Miami
[Dr Juergen Eisermann] knew who i was every time he saw me in the lobby. questioned if everything was okay and never hesitated in making me feel welcomed....listen he offers a lot of information...friendly staff [at IVFMD in Miami] but tight on space. i liked that i could go to my primary location 7 days a week. other facilities i went to only had one location open on the weekends.
listen he offers a lot of information.
very personable
friendly staff but tight on space. i liked that i could go to my primary location 7 days a week. other facilities i went to only had one location open on the weekends.