5.5

Juergen Eisermann works at

15955 SW 96th St
Miami, FL 33196

2020, Unsuccessful
Many things would go wrong or were not smooth [at IVFMD]. For example, about a half of the time the clinic would misplace me in their paperwork, and not know where I physically was...don't expect there to be any coordination or competence among the billing staff. You will have to ask multiple people the same question over and over again for them to do simple things like, check your insurance eligibility. They will stick you twice with needles because they can't get it right the first time. They will lose track of you in the office. They will lose your papers. I had multiple ultrasounds at this clinic and it wasn't until a doctor did an ultrasound that they found a fibroid - and for that I am thankful. But it makes you wonder - what did they miss in all the prior visits? What quality care am I receiving?
How was your experience with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The first time I met Dr. Eisermann, I was in the stirrups covered with a paper blanket awaiting a biopsy of my uterine lining. Dr. Eisermann strolled in and started asking questions about who had referred me to his practice, since I was doing outside monitoring with IVFMD. When he heard who my primary IVF physician was, at a competing practice, he immediately said, "When you have nothing good to say, better not to say anything at all." I felt shamed as I respect my previous doctor, and I felt myself becoming defensive. While half un-clothed. He also warned me that the course of action I was taking was not what he would have done for me - in fact, he made me feel like I was making the wrong decision. He was negative about whether I should do a transfer. On a separate occasion, I asked Dr. Eisermann if he would be interested in lobbying the government for expanded fertility benefits. He gave me an emphatic no, because opening IVF to more coverage and more physicians would dilute the quality of care he would be able to give because he would have more competition. In my book, more competition drives quality, because then you have to start comparing clinics based on their results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would strongly recommend against it. I would go in with eyes wide open and attempt to see what the incentives are at play for him. He is not in this business to help you grow your family. He's in this business to grow his bank account, and it shows.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
This office is terribly run. The balls are dropped left and right, and customer service is non-existent. This practice couldn't recognize when I was in the office -they would call me to ask me to come up when I am sitting in the waiting room.
Describe the protocols Juergen Eisermann used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did not do a cycle with this physician. I did outside monitoring here.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have been to this clinic about 12 times for outside monitoring. Each time except once it was a terrible experience. Many things would go wrong or were not smooth. For example, about a half of the time the clinic would misplace me in their paperwork, and not know where I physically was. This typically happened when the front desk staff didn't tell the nurses that I was there, and the nurses wouldn't bother to walk 5 feet (or call out) to me in the waiting area behind the admin desk that I was there. Multiple times the nurses would have trouble finding a vein, call my veins "wiggly" or "weak". In my previous IVF clinic this NEVER happened, and I have been there 100+ times for blood. Moreover, and this might just be one thing, every single person working in this clinic has inch-long plastic, decorated fingernails. How is it even possible to put on gloves when this is the case? Also, the nurses would only inconsistently checked my identity when drawing blood. This clinic under-hires and under-pays its nursing staff, so you don't get the best in class service that your dollar should buy. IVF MD does this because the owners take home more at the end of the day.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The only strength is the location in South Miami. Every other aspect of this experience is terrible. Let's start at the beginning. You have to pay for valet parking but they don't park your car (covid). The space is small and cramped and decorated with paisleys from the 80s. This does not bother me, but it does make you wonder - I spend more money on this clinic than I spend at Disney World. Why is this tiny space so terribly maintained? Makes you wonder where all the money goes. Next, don't expect there to be any coordination or competence among the billing staff. You will have to ask multiple people the same question over and over again for them to do simple things like, check your insurance eligibility. They will stick you twice with needles because they can't get it right the first time. They will lose track of you in the office. They will lose your papers. I had multiple ultrasounds at this clinic and it wasn't until a doctor did an ultrasound that they found a fibroid - and for that I am thankful. But it makes you wonder - what did they miss in all the prior visits? What quality care am I receiving?
Describe the costs associated with your care under Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic bills $600 for a simple blood draw and ultrasound. I didn't do a cycle here but can't imagine a the full price. Suffice to say that the copay for a fibroid removal surgery was more than my egg retrieval in NYC.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I had most ultrasounds go smoothly and a fibroid was missed week over week. I was informed after blood was drawn that I would receive the results the next day because my "appointment was too late." This clinic could have afforded a blood processing machine decades ago. They didn't prioritize patient experience because they had little competition, and few patients can actually go to different clinics and compare service. As a Miami native, I wish Miami could do better here.
Juergen Eisermann
Miami
I think he's [Juergen Eisermann]very capable and intelligent and very knowledgeable in the subject of infertility. I am happy with him thus far despite the setbacks....Request to see him and make sure he's involved because some of the nurses were not very good. My first cycle should have probably been cancelled.
We would get different nurses every time & it wasn't until we were in our second retrieval that we were able to interact constantly with Esserman....I think the lab [at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine] is at fault for damaging embryos during PGS testing. My embryos only have a 50% thaw survival rate and the two that survived did not hatch fully and never implanted....I am still under treatment so as of now the jury is still out on what went wrong.
I think he's very capable and intelligent and very knowledgeable in the subject of infertility. I am happy with him thus far despite the setbacks.
We would get different nurses everytime & it wasn't until we were in our second retrieval that we were able to interact constantly with Esserman.
Follistim Ganirelix Menopur HCG Retrieval PGS ICSI Transfer with Progesterone & Estrogen Transferred two PGS normal Mitoscore A embryos. Negative results Awaiting blood results from immunology
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Adriana Ballestas)
I saw a different nurse every time and was very confused about results sometimes
I think the lab is at fault for damaging embryos during PGS testing. My embryos only have a 50% thaw survival rate and the two that survived did not hatch fully and never implanted.
Competitive