UMass Memorial

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolMed Coll of GA
ResidencyMed Coll of GA
FellowshipU Tex HSC
Belmont
119 Belmont Street
Worcester, MA 01605
508-334-1345
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Julia Johnson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UMass Memorial to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
She [Dr. Julia Johnson] knew us by name, knew our story and history and knew more about than just our struggle history... is knowledgeable and compassionate. She worked hard to put my partner at ease and she understood my need to know every single detail. She would check in and she made sure we left feeling prepared for what was next...has a comfortable attitude and she is confident in her ability to care for her patients.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Julia Johnson at Boston IVF?
Dr. Johnson is knowledgeable and compassionate. She worked hard to put my partner at ease and she understood my need to know every single detail. She would check in and she made sure we left feeling prepared for what was next.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julia Johnson at Boston IVF?
Dr. Johnson has a comfortable attitude and she is confident in her ability to care for her patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julia Johnson at Boston IVF?
She knew us by name, knew our story and history and knew more about than just our struggle history.
Describe the protocols Julia Johnson used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We began with testing. We had reoccurring pregnancy loss and we discovered that we also had male factor issues due to low motility and count. We began with IUI because of insurance and we did 3 unsuccessful cycles. Dr. Johnson was honest with one cycle as we had very few quality sperm to use. She then researched our insurance and suggested that we move to the ICSI IVF cycle. The first cycle I began to show signs of OHSS and the meds prescribed to slow it down ended up killing the eggs. The next cycle my meds were adjusted and we went all the way. We had 3 embryos, did a 5 day transfer and froze 2. Two years later we did a frozen transfer with our second son. We are still paying for the one embryo we have frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Laura Jean )
Laura Jean will forever be our miracle worker! She got to know me, responded to me based on what she learned about me and was 100% compassionate.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It’s clean, well run, organized and comfortable. The staff is caring and you know you can count on them. It’s a comfortable place. My partner said he felt happy about the way they ran it, especially with what was required of him while there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julia Johnson at Boston IVF.
Co payments for visits
Describe Julia Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
They were very clear about doing just one, especially given the quality of the embryos. They were more concerned with the outcome and the resulting pregnancy. They were not about putting in as many as possible just to reach a pregnancy. I felt this was the right approach because it showed they were confident in their care and knowing what a risk multiple pregnancies are.
Boston IVF
Worcester
She [Dr. Johnson] has a great bedside manner. She takes the time to talk with you and call you...She does all consults but IUI and ultrasound are performed by staff. She did the HSG though...
How was your experience with Julia Johnson at UMass Memorial?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julia Johnson at UMass Memorial?
She has a great bedside manner. She takes the time to talk with you and call you.
Describe the protocols Julia Johnson used in your cycles at UMass Memorial and their degree of success.
I have a blocked tube. She did not think unblocking would necessarily solve the problem. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just done the procedure anyway because I felt I lost a few months trying while I waited for new insurance to kick in that would cover IUI. She said I only had a small chance the tube would stay open.
I have only spoken with them on the phone. They once called and said I was good to go on an IUI only to call back and say there was a mistake bc they didn't see that the egg was on the side that was blocked. That was frustrating as I feel care should always be taken to read the chart first.
Describe your experience with UMass Memorial.
Go for an early morning apt. The lab is kind of hit or miss.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julia Johnson at UMass Memorial.
I live in mass and have insurance that covers my procedures. I pay for my insurance out of pocket. It is $440/mo.
What specific things went wrong at UMass Memorial?
UMass Memorial