7.3

Julia Kim works at

1 Daniel Burnham Court
San Francisco, CA 94109

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Kim is] extremely well-trained, smart, communicative, and warm...Dr. Kim is efficient (she has many patients), and if you don't have questions, she will be out the door before you know it. On the contrary, if you have questions, she will slow down and answer your questions thoroughly. She is extremely patient, so don't be afraid to ask her to repeat things if you don't understand, or feel confused....
my nurse Bridget [at Spring Fertility] was extremely responsive (via email and phone), and answered all my questions and concerns, and was with me every single step of the way. Truly the patient coordinators and nurses are probably what makes Spring really special and unique – it's VERY high-touch. They run the clinic like CLOCK-WORK which means you will be seen ON TIME...they over-communicate and tell you what to expect every step of the way...
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Kim, who has come from top medical schools on the East Coast was EXCELLENT, extremely well-trained, smart, communicative, and warm. The thing to know about Spring – they are the most scientifically rigorous which means they will err on the side of being conservative, and really increase all possible chances for you to have a successful IVF cycle. They do not employ practices unless they have been extremely well reviewed and replicated (for example, I wanted to do a blood test to see if I had endometriosis, and Dr. Kim said this specific diagnostic test was simply not reliable enough, even though other Dr.'s I had seen at other clinics suggested doing the test). I trusted her opinion and could see that the standards at Spring were much more elevated than other places (which is reflected in their success outcomes, as documented by the CDC). More importantly, after our first egg retrieval, Dr. Kim felt the results were OK (long story short, the embryos developed a little slowly), but not as great as they could be , and offered two tangible, scientifically reliable ways to tweak the protocol on the second round (surely enough, they worked and we ended up with higher quality embryos including an AA which we subsequently transferred and is now the baby in my womb!). Dr. Kim also consults with Dr. Tran (one of the founding docs, who multiple acupuncturists have told me is the best RE in the Bay Area, and has 20-30+ years of experience) about her cases. I loved this collaborative spirit at Spring, as having the eyes and expertise of multiple doctors on your case is a great added benefit. In a nutshell, I can't recommend Dr. Kim enough!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
Come prepared with questions ahead of time. Dr. Kim is efficient (she has many patients), and if you don't have questions, she will be out the door before you know it. On the contrary, if you have questions, she will slow down and answer your questions thoroughly. She is extremely patient, so don't be afraid to ask her to repeat things if you don't understand, or feel confused.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Julia Kim was warm, friendly, communicative, and took the time to explain things thoroughly and answer all our questions. She was patient and kind.
Describe the protocols Julia Kim used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
My husband and I (both 35) tried to get pregnant for over a year, and it wasn't happening. Spring Fertility diagnosed us with tubal factor. After two egg retrievals, and one transfer, we now have six embryos including one that that has made us PREGNANT (yay!). As mentioned earlier, we started off with a basic baseline protocol (mid-follicular), which yielded good results. We yielded three BB euploids, but they had each developed slowly over 7 days instead of 5-6, which isn't ideal and we wanted to feel a little more cushion just in case, so we signed up for a second round. Dr. Kim tweaked the second round: (1) We did a mid-luteal protocol instead and (2) We dipped the eggs in calcium after retrieval, and as a result, we yielded three higher-quality euploids (AA, AB, BB) that developed in a more timely manner (5-6 days). Ultimately, we transferred the AA and I'm now pregnant! I'm also relieved to know I have five embroyos frozen for second baby in the future. Dr. Kim felt the results were OK , but not as great as they could be , and offered two tangible, scientifically reliable ways to tweak the protocol on the second round (surely enough, they worked and we ended up with higher quality embryos including an AA which we subsequently transferred and is now the baby in my womb!)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bridget)
Besides the scientific rigor (which will lead to better outcomes), I've NEVER had such a smooth and seamless patient care experience in my life with engaging with the medical system. Obviously, this is a private fertility clinic, but they really have service design down, and my nurse Bridget was extremely responsive (via email and phone), and answered all my questions and concerns, and was with me every single step of the way. Truly the patient coordinators and nurses are probably what makes Spring really special and unique – it's VERY high-touch. They run the clinic like CLOCK-WORK which means you will be seen ON TIME. An extremely punctual and organized place. I think this is because they have cracked having multiple teams (patient coordination vs. finance vs. medical record vs. doctors vs. nurses) and there is less overlap between these teams as there are in other clinics (where a receptionist is also the nurse, and also the person giving you financial quotes). There were so many nice touches during my egg retrieval, a warm blanket, a massage chair, and some chocolates at the end, I felt like I was at a spa! Another really great aspect of their service design is how they over-communicate and tell you what to expect every step of the way. It's not vague, like we'll get you the results in a "few days" - No, they give you a specific breakdown, Day 1, you will know how many mature eggs, Day 2, you will see fertilization rate, etc. coupled with daily calls from nurses so you understand your progress, and you're not dying of anxiety.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinics strengths: organized, efficient, clean, punctual, high-touch, great service design, separate teams that work together, take in feedback, and delightful touches (warm blanket, chocolates, etc.) Clinic's weaknesses: Spring is slightly more premium than other clinics, in terms of pricing, so that may make it less accessible to others.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julia Kim at Spring Fertility.
$50,000 for everything (two retrievals + a transfer)

2021 - 2022, 6 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Kim was warm, addressed both me and my partner during the initial consultation, recognized my life context during the egg freezing process and asked about / worked with my scheduling constraints...easy to get in contact with throughout my treatment. When things did not go as planned, she explained the adjustments she recommended and the rationale for them. She has a great bedside manner...
Communication from the care team [at Spring Fertility] was always very clear, whether over email or over the phone. They were also very helpful when I had question...Nice clinic, spacious rooms, exam rooms all have a large screen in front of the exam table that projects the ultrasound so that you can see what the doctor sees. The clinic is well organized and well run.
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility?
My experience with Dr. Kim was great. She took the time to answer all my questions thoughtfully, and was easy to get in contact with throughout my treatment. When things did not go as planned, she explained the adjustments she recommended and the rationale for them. She has a great bedside manner, and addressed both me and my partner during my initial consultation, which I appreciated. When I had questions about family planning with a same sex partner, she was very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable asking her these questions. She did all but one of my ultrasounds and came in on her weekend off to do my retrieval. Overall a great experience!
Your care team can help answer questions you might have, and you can always let them know you would like to speak with Dr. Kim if you have additional questions so they can book you a phone visit with her.
Had a luteal phase, progesterone priming, then down regulation cycle with an agonist. Each time there was a change in approach, Dr. Kim discussed the rationale and why she recommended it, which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bridget )
Communication from the care team was always very clear, whether over email or over the phone. They were also very helpful when I had question. I once sent an email after hours with a question about medications, expecting it wouldn't be answered right away, and my patient navigator Catherine sent me a reply because she was still in the office and wanted to make sure I was informed before taking my medication that night!
$8,750 for an egg freezing cycle

2022, Successful
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Kim was warm, knowledgeable, and an incredible partner through this process...I would send anyone I loved to her. She fully understood our goals, did not gaslight nor belittle me, spent time answering every single question I had. I loved her. I even asked her questions on behalf of friends going through similar treatments!
The [Spring Fertility] clinic is GORGEOUS and they are VERY efficient. All my appointments started on time and I never had to wait for a nurse or blood draw. The only hard thing was getting the first appointment. I had to call a few times to get them to call me back...[nursing staff] emails were very clear and they were quick to reply to any questions/concerns I had.
Keep it up!
I do not
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
Their emails were very clear and they were quick to reply to any questions/concerns I had.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is GORGEOUS and they are VERY efficient. All my appointments started on time and I never had to wait for a nurse or blood draw. The only hard thing was getting the first appointment. I had to call a few times to get them to call me back.
I have progony to the costs were minimal.