Medical SchoolU. of Pittsburgh
Rockwall, TX 75032
Tyler
7925 S. Broadway Ave
Tyler, TX 75703
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Julian Escobar to a friend?
Neutral: 33%Don't recommend: 67%4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Repromed Fertility Center to a friend?
2012 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
2012 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center?
Overall, although we didn't end up with the result we wanted, I was happy with Dr. Escobar and the clinic in Dallas. I don't think he's at that clinic anymore though. Our treatment was a few years ago and I don't remember all the details, but I do remember that Dr. Escobar was very kind, understanding and direct. We understood the process and the next steps all the way through our treatments. I saw him every time I had an appointment. He has a very casual bedside manner and is easily relatable. After my 1st or 2nd failed IUI, I had the uncomfortable dye test and he was great during the procedure. It was painful and he kept me calm throughout.
I also don't remember much about the nursing staff. I don't think I had a designated nurse or coordinator. I did receive adequate instructions from a nurse in a private office within the clinic, on the home injections, and felt comfortable during that process. Overall, I don't have any complaints about the nurses but I also don't have any outstanding moments that I can recall being thrilled.
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
I suppose a disconnect between a doctor's care and the billing department is relatively normal. In no way do we resent Dr. Escobar for the shock we felt when told about the cost of proceeding with IVF (which we opted not to do). Our insurance plan was from New Jersey so compared to plans from Texas, our coverage was generally excellent. Families in north Dallas suburbs are notoriously affluent, and there seemed to be a sentiment that $6K should be an easy check to write. We simply weren't that liquid! To be fair, I never followed up with the clinic about alternative payment options, other than to tell them we wouldn't be proceeding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center.
Our insurance covered the meds and IUI treatments. It would have covered the IVF cycle, but the clinic's lab was not approved/covered by our carrier. The lab costs for the IVF cycle were going to be $6K.
What specific things went wrong at Repromed Fertility Center?
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The first time I met him [Dr. Escobar], for an HSG it was very quick and just to the point...was nice and friendly. He fully explained to me what he thought I needed as far as treatment went. He discussed a plan of action and possible risks and complications. I told him my fears and concerns and he seemed to recognize those...He believed I had a hydrosalpinx due to endometriosis and recommended a laparoscopy. I went ahead with the procedure and he was correct. My left tube had a hydrosalpinx and was damaged.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center?
Dr. Escobar was nice and friendly. He fully explained to me what he thought I needed as far as treatment went. He discussed a plan of action and possible risks and complications. I told him my fears and concerns and he seemed to recognize those.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask him any questions you have!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julian Escobar at Repromed Fertility Center?
The first time I met him, for an HSG it was very quick and just to the point.
Describe the protocols Julian Escobar used in your cycles at Repromed Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I could never get answers from them. They would never return my calls. They were not friendly AT ALL. This is the main reason I would advise against this clinic.
Describe your experience with Repromed Fertility Center.
The office staff makes this clinic TERRIBLE! Not friendly at all. They have horrible follow through. They don't return calls, they don't do simple things like fax, email , etc. I don't recommend this clinic simply based on the office staff.
I had to prepay him 3000 before he would do the laparoscopy. The HSG test was 375. My sonohysterogram was 350.
Describe Julian Escobar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Repromed Fertility Center.
What specific things went wrong at Repromed Fertility Center?