Medical SchoolNorthwestern
751 NE Blakely Drive
Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St.
Seattle, WA 98104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Julie Lamb to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pacific NW Fertility to a friend?
Dr Lamb has always been very forth-coming with the level of detail we were looking for in terms of understanding the science of what is (and is not) happening, AND she does it in a very compassionate and empathetic manner.... We really felt like to only patients in the clinic when she was sitting in front of us—she was never rushing off to another clinic appointment, never seemed annoyed by our questions—even when we had a half dozen of them!
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
We initially chose to see Dr Lamb (as opposed to the another clinic provider) because her bio on the clinic website seemed like the best initial fit. As a lesbian couple who (initially) was “only needing IUI,” we were worried about feeling like “less of a priority” because we weren’t seeking IVF or something else complicated. But from our very first visit with Dr Lamb, it felt very clear that she was going to dedicate whatever time and attention our treatment plan required. We really felt like to only patients in the clinic when she was sitting in front of us—she was never rushing off to another clinic appointment, never seemed annoyed by our questions—even when we had a half dozen of them! She has always been very compassionate in her demeanor and is easy to talk to about very intimate details of our lives.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask the “hard questions” that you really want answers to or are wondering about — it might be scary to hear the answer, but hearing it from Dr Lamb really does make it a little easier!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Lamb has always been very forth-coming with the level of detail we were looking for in terms of understanding the science of what is (and is not) happening, AND she does it in a very compassionate and empathetic manner. She reads people (at least she reads us!) very well, and seems to truly understand that even when we are struggling to understand the science, we are still in the midst of a very emotional process. She responds to our emotional display in slowing down a bit, asking if we need a break, etc—but never witholding or “sugar-coating” the information we are seeking.
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with a very basic protocol because all labs, u/s, and hysterosalpingogram were normal. For our first 5 cycles, I took letrozole days 3-7, had a day 12 u/s, then timed ovulation trigger based on u/s results. For the 6th cycle, we tried a ten-day course of letrozole, but because of thin ing of the uterine lining, we didn’t continue that in cycle 7. Cycle 7 we did letrozole days 3-7 + injectables, with day 12 u/s. We used letrozole instead of clinic per Dr Lamb’s recommendation to lower the risk of multiples.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Peterson)
Ms Peterson was assigned to us a bit later in our treatment course—Dr Lamb’s primary medical assistant had had a couple of health-related leaves of absence, and while the clinic was trying to provide coverage, things just weren’t going as smoothly as we expected. When we raised this concern to Dr Lamb, she immediately asked Ms Peterson to follow-up and address our MA-RN related concerns. Tim’s Peterson exceeded our expectations for timely and thoughtful communication, and was clearly invested in preventing any further communication-related frustration.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Front desk staff is friendly, compassionate, and very responsive—both when we are standing in front of them and on the phone. The andrology lab seems to run really smoothly. When we come in for procedures, the rooms are prepared appropriately. We don’t have much experience with the on-site lab for blood draws. The clinic seems to always be running on time, which is pretty amazing. There was only one occasion when they were about ten minutes behind schedule, and we were informed at check-in, and an MA came out to give us an updated timeline so we knew what to expect (again, for just a ten minute delay).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
We were provided with a price sheet at the very first appointment, and while we did not expect our insurance to cover any of our fertility-related care, the clinic agreed to bill insurance prior to collecting payment from us. Our insurance ended up covering some components of the care, and it was super convenient to us that hey had been willing to bill.
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb was very kind and honest as she reviewed our history. She pointed out that ivf was the next best step for us (given many months of failed Clomid, Femara, and injectable Follistim cycles) but was willing to help us with more injectable cycles and iui if we preferred. She was very thorough, most importantly! She found things my last RE missed: low sperm morphology, uterine septum, and Ashermans syndrome when she went in to remove the septum via hysteroscopy. We valued her attention to detail immensely. She has also been very kind and a good cheerleader when I've felt low. We did do ivf and had a great retrieval -- many eggs and good fertilization with icsi. Many embryos were made and 4 were normal on PGS. I have had 1 fet that didn't take but am looking forward to doing another asap -- hopefully with success this time!
I think treatment at her clinic is more expensive but the quality and attention to detail are worth it! Definitely have a consult with her and come prepared with your records!
She listened to our concerns and didn't rush us. Dr. Lamb even gave us advice on a cycle she wasn't managing, the first time we met her. She reviewed our records thoroughly and found 3 major things our previous RE missed.
I have PCOS and a high afc. History of ohss on an injectable cycle with ti with another provider. She watched me very closely because of this due to risk for ohss again and was able to avoid it! I believe it was an antagonist protocol -- Follistim 225 and low dose hcg daily to start with. Follistim decreased to 150 after first ultrasound. Ganirelex to suppress premature ovulation. Dual trigger with hcg and Lupron. Yield was 26 eggs, 21 fertilized with icsi,14 embryos frozen by day 5-6. 4 of these were pgs normal. I am 38.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: There have been 2 of them since we started. Yvette has been awesome!)
The first coordinator and fill in staff were much less helpful than the coordinator that we have now. Yvette is our current coordinator and I value her help!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It takes a while to get in for your first appointment. Make sure to get all of your records sent asap. They might cancel your appt if not! The front desk signed for and lost my records that I overnighted them, but I was able to upload them to the patient portal last minute, thankfully! I really like my current coordinator but some of the other coordinators or nurses there were not as patient or helpful. Previously, I felt a bit patronized when I asked questions via email, which is annoying because I am a highly educated person working in healthcare myself. Neither Dr. Lamb nor Yvette have caused me to feel this way, though! Repeat your SA at this clinic. They do a more in depth analysis, and we learned that we have both female and male factor fertility issues! I believe that this clinic has one of the best embryology labs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
We live out of the area and primarily had outside monitoring. The clinic worked nicely with our local radiology clinic. Monitoring done in the days prior to retrieval at PNWF was smooth -- no excessuve waiting. I was happy with it.
I can't remember because we had so many medical costs lately. I think ivf was around 15k with outside monitoring. Icsi was extra. Biopsy of embryos was extra. Medications were extra. Fet with outside monitoring is over 3k, not including meds.
Dr. Lamb prefers ESET with pgs tested embryos. Her rationale was sound!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Lamb seems to "know her stuff" very well and I felt like our treatment plan was tailored to our medical situation and results. I felt like she was genuinely rooting for us and in tune with the emotional side of going through these treatments and procedures. I am a numbers person and at times would have liked more precise percentages from her (e.g. likelihood of x happening) but I also know that data isn't always available.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Take your time and come prepared with questions!
Dr. Lamb took her time during our appointments to answer all of the questions we had and was always empathetic, even at our first appointment when things got emotional.
I have DOR and we used an estrace lead in with no birth control suppression, followed by Follistim and miniHCG with Ganirelix added in just prior to expected retrieval. We had one canceled IVF cycle due to a dominant follicle (converted to IUI, which was unsuccessful) and our second cycle resulted in three eggs retrieved and fertilized. By day 5, only one remained and we did a fresh transfer that was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Rudolf)
All of the nurses were great - Emily, our IVF coordinator was fabulous!!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are very organized and always professional. When this much was at stake, it was worth it to have a team of people who were warm, reliable, and incredibly competent. The only downside for me was that parking gets pricey!
We did a multicycle IVF plan that was $21,000 plus the cost of medications for two retrievals and as many transfers as we needed. I think IUIs were $750-1000 altogether.
My doctor did not have a strong opinion on one versus two embryo transfer, and was comfortable holding off on the decision until 1-2 days before transfer. She did talk with me about the pros and cons and provided information on the risks of multiples. We only had three embryos and just one made it to transfer on day 5, so the decision was made for us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Lamb was cooperative in her approach, listening and integrating the recommendations of another doctor I had consulted with in another state. She was willing to order tests she normally does not and prescribed medication she normally does not because of the additional input I had brought to the table. This was essential for me. But I am not confident that if I had not received the out-of-state consultation, I would have been successful with just Dr. Lamb's recommendations.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask a lot of questions and be your own advocate, realizing that no one can help you as much as you can help yourself.
Dr. Lamb was warm, caring and understanding. She always referred to me by my preferred (nick) name and took the time to respond to all my questions.
IUIs with partner or donor sperm, following Letrozole on cycle days 3-7, ultrasound to confirm mature follicles, and ovulation-stimulating shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Julie's medical assistant at the time was Mary. She was somewhat erratic - very responsive at times and not very responsive at other times. She was always well-meaning and kind in person.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Friendly and professional front-desk staff; a clean and bright atmosphere; a generally warm attitude from all I interacted with. I had to be on top of my billing and regularly review charges as there were a couple of times when charges were done in error and one time when a test was done (and I was charged for it) when I explicitly asked that it not be done.
Costs at the clinic change at least annually and staff is good about sharing the current cost sheet. The clinic was good about referring me to a pharmacy where the drugs I needed were lower cost that typical.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Lamb customized her plan to my body. For every setback we had, she had a new idea for something to try. This made me feel like she was taking care of me and not just following a standard formula for fertility care...Dr. Lamb is an exceptional physician. She is honest, compassionate, and extremely bright. My situation was somewhat unique, and she continued to correct the course of treatment to try to improve outcomes. She is blunt, which I really appreciated.
European, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is an exceptional physician. She is honest, compassionate, and extremely bright. My situation was somewhat unique, and she continued to correct the course of treatment to try to improve outcomes. She is blunt, which I really appreciated. I think the number one rule to survive years of fertility treatments is to manage expectations. Dr. Lamb does that beautifully.
Prepare for honesty. She does not sugar coat. Do your homework and come prepared with questions.
We started with a "standard" IVF (although she had to adjust my dose of Follistim mid-course to higher levels). She retrieved 25 eggs but only 3 were mature and fertilized (only 1 grew to 5 days and was chromosomally normal). To increase the number of mature eggs the second IVF, she modified the protocol to change the timing of my trigger shot and start with a higher Follistim dose. That resulted in fewer total eggs retrieved but 12 were mature and fertilized (resulting in 6 that grew out to 5 days and were chromosomally normal). I have done a total of 5 FETs. We started with a standard FET cycle which didn't work. The second time she modified the dose of estrogen. Then we took a break (I did a uterine biopsy which showed evidence of endometriosis; my sample was sent to Bruce Lessy and I am lacking some receptor (beta-something...it's been a while so I forgot the name). I then did 3 months of once monthly Lupron injections to "re-set". I had 2 FETs after that which did not work, even though we did adjust a few things along the way. Finally my fifth FET we did a "natural" cycle where I ovulated via letrozole. I ended up pregnant with the FET embryo and a new one because we did not listen to Dr. Lamb and had sex during the FET cycle. So I had twins (it was an eSET so they knew that the second one was because I had ovulated and had sex. Oops). Joke was on us because I miscarried at 9 weeks. Because I had gotten pregnant on my own, Dr. Lamb wanted to preserve the last two frozen embryos I had and instead go back to basics: Letrozole and timed intercourse. The first month that didn't work but the second month it work. And I had a healthy baby boy in Sept 2016. Long story short...2 IVFs and 5 embryo transfers over the course of 4 years and I got pregnant with Letrozole and old fashioned sex. But I have no doubt that all the things Dr. Lamb did along the way primed my body for pregnancy. Even though I don't remember everything we did, she adjusted the course every single FET to try something new.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melinda Lloyd)
Melinda, who has since retired, was amazing. She was prompt and always returned my calls. She set up calls with Dr. Lamb as needed or when she couldn't answer my questions. I felt so well cared for with Melinda as my point person.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic runs as a well-oiled machine. If you're there long enough, you get to know the flow pretty well. New patients should know that the physicians do the IVF's for the most part and not the IUI's. I think some women want the docs to do everything, but that's not a sustainable model. My one criticism is that once you get a positive pregnancy test, the every-other-day HCG checks are excessive and can lead women to go crazy.
For each IVF, I think the procedures were about $12,000 and the meds were about $6,000. The FET's were somewhere in the range of $4,000-5,000 with an addition $500 or so for medications. Anesthesia was billed separately and was usually in the range of $700.
This is one of the reasons I love Dr. Lamb. She feels pretty strongly about eSET which I agree with. My sister did fertility treatments in NYC and those docs are like cowboys. They love pushing multiple embryo transfers. And why? Twins are hard on the mom and the fetuses. It's so risky!! Dr. Lamb feels this way as well. She is concerned about a patient's health in addition to fertility desires.
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Lamb was very informative on my first visit letting me know what to expect; however, on subsequent visits her answers were not always consistent. She did not always recall my past history or family planning goals we had previously discussed. With that being said, she was very friendly and appointments never felt rushed. And really, I cannot complain because in the end the IVF was successful on my first attempt.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Be your own advocate. Ask questions on each visit and be prepared to gently remind her/staff of your history and goals.
While they were very friendly most of the time, there were moments when I had to remind them of my history details and things/wishes we had discussed at prior appointments.
Eek-I can't recall this. A lot of meds-it is all kept me of a blur now. They did make me a calendar to give me specific instructions and keep me organized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie)
Kallie was was extremely friendly and easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Loved this clinic! The clinic itself is very clean, modern, and everything is done on site (except genetic testing). All of the doctors are very knowledgeable and highly active in contributing more to the field through research, community outreach/education, etc. They keep up with their training to stay on top of the latest and greatest. While I liked my doctor, there was another MD in the practice that did my retrieval that I really loved. I hope to switch to her for baby #2 since we just seemed to have a better connection.
Total cost for everything including meds, one IVF freeze all cycle, embryo transfer cycle, genetic testing of both my husband and I, embryo genetic testing, etc. totaled about $35,000.
PNWFertility places emphasis on ONE and I am behind this philosophy. They did ask me if I would like to transfer 2, giving me the option based on my specific circumstances. However, they still highly recommended just transferringnone which is what I decided.
Seattle
She [Dr. Lamb] gave me the choice to do a natural FET instead of medicated, but also provided full pros/cons of each. I never questioned my treatment protocol with her and after PGS we ended up with 2 healthy embryos. First FET and we got the good news we were pregnant! Although we were really hoping for more embryos, this was actually exactly what Dr. Lamb had predicted for me (hence the earlier recommendation for multiple cycles).
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb was very honest with me about my chances to conceive through IVF. She was up front and suggesting we do a freeze all and multiple IVF cycles to try and get all my embryos now due to our goal of a large family and already being 35. Unfortunately, however, we just didn’t have the finances to do more than one cycle. This was a tough realization and she showed compassion when it brought me to tears that we had to cross our fingers and pray for the best with this one cycle. She gave me the choice to do a natural FET instead of medicated, but also provided full pros/cons of each. I never questioned my treatment protocol with her and after PGS we ended up with 2 healthy embryos. First FET and we got the good news we were pregnant! Although we were really hoping for more embryos, this was actually exactly what Dr. Lamb had predicted for me (hence the earlier recommendation for multiple cycles).
Be direct and go prepared with questions.
Dr. Lamb and Kallie were very personable and made attempts to get know me. I am naturally introverted, but they made it easy to open up about our family planning goals and the goal of having a large family despite starting at age 35
I don’t recall
Kallie was great! There were a couple times she was a bit disorganized, but she was very easy to talk to and ask questions when something needed clarification.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic is run like a well oiled machine-from the scheduling, to the lab draws in the same office, finer desk, back desk, financial coordinator, nurses, doctors-they know what they’re doing and it shows. Excellent communication between everyone on staff to keep visits running seamlessly and minimize the time you spend waiting.
We did a freeze all cycle, ICSI, PGS, and then a FET. Total cost for everything including meds was just under $30K
Dr. Lamb and the entire PNW fertility clinic very much advocate for single embryo transfers. They gave me the choice to do 2, but provided a very educated pros/cons of 1 vs 2.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
She [Dr. Lamb] asked all the right questions and was very thorough in her questions, diagnosis and recommendation of treatment...I was very honest in letting her know I was going to get a 2nd opinion, not because of anything she did or didn't do, but because I needed to make sure I was doing all of my research and advocating for myself. Her response was extremely positive and supportive. I will never forget her words to me which were "I encourage you to do that. All I want for you is a baby and I do not care how that baby comes to you. Please let me know what I can do to help as you move forward." This shows her amazing character as a Dr. and individual...
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Julie Lamb at first was very professional and clinical. She asked all the right questions and was very thorough in her questions, diagnosis and recommendation of treatment. As time went on and we continued to work with her, her bedside manner became a lot more personable, as any normal relationship would the more time you spend with someone. In our last follow up appointment with Dr. Julie Lamb, after our last failed cycle with her, I was very honest in letting her know I was going to get a 2nd opinion, not because of anything she did or didn't do, but because I needed to make sure I was doing all of my research and advocating for myself. Her response was extremely positive and supportive. I will never forget her words to me which were "I encourage you to do that. All I want for you is a baby and I do not care how that baby comes to you. Please let me know what I can do to help as you move forward." This shows her amazing character as a Dr. and individual.
Give her time. At first she is very clinical, but as she gets to know you and you her, the walls break down a bit. She is amazing, passionate and extremely knowledgeable and caring.
Dr Lamb was very personable. Although we didn't leave with a take-home baby, we did feel very well taken care of and supported by her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie Flarhety )
Kallie was also extremely amazing. She was personable and dependable. During the IVF process, Kallie would make patients a priority and at times I would get email responses late into the evenings, just to ease my mind. She stayed very professional, while still considerate and amazing all at the same time.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic treats each patient individually, putting everyone on different schedules unique to their cycle. They are located in downtown seattle, which is nice for anyone who works downtown - it makes appointments easy to get to. The staff is friendly. Pacific NW is one of the most expensive clinics in the area though and include certain items into their packages without giving any other option, including ICSI and assisted hatching, which added on an additional $3,000 or so. I would say this is a downside, as if we would have known better, we would not have done ICSI, as we didn't actually need it. You do have a primary Doctor at the clinic, but know that they do not perform IUI's or work that closely with you on clomid cycles, which is normal. There are 3 other Dr's that work at that clinic and help each other out when needed. This means that Dr. Lamb only performed 1/3 actual transfers and sometimes I would have other Dr's doing my ultrasounds during the stim cycle. I wasn't phased by this too much, but I do know that some patients want the same Dr. the entire time.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Julie Lamb from the first appointment was wonderful. She spent more than what I felt was probably our allotted time during our first appointment explaining everything and answering every single one of our questions. My partner and I are different and I wanted scientific answer and she wanted emotional answer and Dr. Lamb adjusted to us both giving each of us what we needed. It always felt like she cared about our outcome, our feelings, and us. We had full trust in her throughout the entire process.
European, East Asian
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb makes you feel comfortable right away. I would recommend that they come prepared with questions because Dr. Lamb is fantastic at answering them, which is refreshing compared to my experience with other medical appointments and the feeling of being rushed.
Dr. Lamb was always kind, she took the time to get to know me and my partner, so it felt like we were talking to a friend with a lot of medical knowledge rather than a doctor that was just doing their job. I always felt like she genuinely cared about the outcome of our treatment.
I was the egg donor in our care and we used a sperm bank for fertilization. My partner was the embryo recipient, so we went through the whole cycle with Dr. Lamb. We had only one slight hiccup in that my partner happened to ovulate even on the medications prompting us to delay treatment implantation one month. Dose was adjusted and we tried again. Dr. Lamb was compassionate and explained what occurred throughout.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie Flaherty)
Kallie was so great. She was extremely responsive to use via email or phone anytime we had questions. We had some abnormal bleeding early in the pregnancy and Kallie was on top of getting us in right away and calling to check-in. The nursing staff and Dr. Lamb seem to work seamlessly. The clinic functions like a well-oiled machine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
One of the things I love so much about Pacific Northwest Fertility was how organized the office was. At each appointment, especially early on, you're meeting with the doctor, nurse, financial coordinator, and blood draw. One might think that would take hours, but there is little to no wait time there. They function like a well-oiled machine. If you're in the waiting room waiting for the doctor, they'll go ahead and do your blood draw really quick. If there is a back-up, they'll shift the order of your appointment to make most efficient use of your time. As a person that works during the day, I was extremely appreciative of this aspect of the clinic.
For the egg retrieval, storage, and embryo transfer, our loan was $22,000. Fertility medication and donor sperm on top of that was around $5,000.
IUI, 1 IVF
during my initial consultation, dr lamb took 45mins-1hr to sit and talk with me. we discussed my concerns over being unable to conceive in detail. she displayed a high level of empathy, and i felt she intently listened and responded with specifics....dr lamb was a pleasure to work with. she communicated clearly in terms i understood. she was gentle, and i felt like she understood the emotional stress i was experiencing. i had easy access to her, and tho visits were frequent, i never felt like my time was being wasted.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
expect her to be direct but gentle, and leave you with reasonable expectations about treatment.
during my initial consultation, dr lamb took 45mins-1hr to sit and talk with me. we discussed my concerns over being unable to conceive in detail. she displayed a high level of empathy, and i felt she intently listened and responded with specifics. i appreciated that she didn't give me unreasonable expectations, but left me feeling hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: emily rudolf)
emily was/is incredible. she handled all of my medication scheduling, which can get complicated with a busy work schedule. she was responsive to emails, knowledgable about all the steps of treatment, and professional.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
strengths: good candy at counter, professional and friendly front desk staff and lab techs. huge bonus was primarily female staff. weaknesses: paid parking. hardly a weakness worth mentioning.
i believe the total cost of care ended up around 29k. huge bonus was putting it on amex and getting pointsssssssss.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Dr. Lamb was very patient with us and answered many questions. She was also humorous and personable. She always stayed positive and offered many smiles when we needed them.... We worked on egg retrievals for three years before implanting because of my age (37-39) and diminished reserves. We were able to get enough eggs for a successful transfer and freezing and have three left to try for a second child.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is very professional and nice to work with plus she is incredibly talented with fertility issues and treatments. I’m so glad our family found her- we are now seven weeks away from a baby girl thanks to Dr. Lamb!
Don’t be afraid to ask her all of your questions.
We worked with two nurses that were assigned to Dr. Lamb and liked them both. Nurse Schilling is an incredible nurse practitioner who also worked with us.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Strengths- good staff, professional, good results and efficiency Weaknesses- the billing office has been very helpful working with us but if you are using insurance at all Beware... it is very time consuming and tedious to get the payments applied.
We used two insurance companies and only paid the remainder which was around $400 for drugs after two cycles and $1500 Per cycle. I think it would have been $20-30k Per cycle without insurance.
My doctor recommended we try two - which we did- one was viable.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I started treatment at 39 and was diagnosed with endometriosis causing blocked tubes. I also was thought to have slightly diminished egg quality. Dr. Lamb recommended laparoscopic surgery prior to proceeding with an embryo transfer. She also recommended that we complete PGD testing. We took both of those steps, which I believe were critical. We completed two rounds of IVF resulting in only one normal embryo. That embryo resulted in pregnancy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I could not have asked for more as a patient of Dr. Lamb. She always took as much time as needed to answer all of our questions and concerns. She was optimistic, but also very clear about chances of success and obstacles we may face.
Don't be afraid to ask questions about your treatment or to express concerns. I am one of those people that needs to know what the next steps will be regardless of outcome. Dr. Lamb was very patient in addressing my need to discuss various options and outcomes.
Dr. Lamb and her staff were always kind and generous with their time. I always felt well taken care of and that they were truly invested in my treatment.
The nursing staff was great, particularly our IVF coordinator who was awesome and really on top of my treatment.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Everyone I encountered at PNW Fertility was kind, encouraging and knowledgeable. We always felt well taken care of. They go out of there way to make numerous required visits as easy as possible
Julie Lamb
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Lamb is an amazing doctor and was really thorough and listened to me and my concerns. I never felt like she was in a rush and I felt she was always so compassionate and caring.... Dr. Lamb is a mother herself who complately understands her patients desire to become parents. She was always very straight forward and thorough.... She had to up my medication dosage a few different times to get my follicles to grow and be where she wanted them to be at the right time. I
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is a mother herself who complately understands her patients desire to become parents. She was always very straight forward and thorough. She has a great team working for her and I would highly recommend her to any family or friends.
I would tell them that she is very straight forward in a caring and compassionate way. She is very sweet and relates to her patients as humans and their desire to become a mom and dad.
She had to up my medication dosage a few different times to get my follicles to grow and be where she wanted them to be at the right time. I took Lupron, follistim, birth control, menopur, as well as the patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie flaherty)
My nurse Kallie was available to always answer my question and she was very thorough and never made me feel like I was bugging her. She was always super sweet.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Everyone at PNWF in Seattle were so kind toward every patient. They didn’t make you feel like just another nobody, they all seemed genuine and sweet and very helpful. If I ever needed a last minute appointment they would not hesitate to get me in to be seen.
Ivf with Dr. Lamb was $16,000 but after all the testing and medication I spent closer to $30,000.
Dr. Lamb preferred a single embryo transfer for me, before we found out I only had one PGS normal embryo to transfer anyway. She prefers a healthy Singleton pregnancy over a high risk twin pregnancy. I respected her decision of what was best for me.
2010 - 2017
5 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Julie Lamb] is excellent. Her staff is excellent. She always explains everything and entertains all questions no matter how small or trivial. She has personally called me just to check in especially after bad news.... She cares about me and is sad when we are sad and happy when we are happy.... We started down this path because of my husband's sperm count issues. It's been a long road of 8 years. We went IVF route to try and speed up the process but as I get older it gets harder.
2010 - 2017
5 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
She's excellent. Her staff is excellent. She always explains everything and entertains all questions no matter how small or trivial. She has personally called me just to check in especially after bad news.
Nothing. She's excellent.
She cares about me and is sad when we are sad and happy when we are happy.
I'm not sure I can answer this well. We started down this path because of my husband's sperm count issues. It's been a long road of 8 years. We went IVF route to try and speed up the process but as I get older it gets harder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie Fleharty )
There are definitely people on staff that are better than others but I have a special bond with Kallie and she goes out of her way to help me.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Although the financial counselor is helpful I still find the payment process stressful and confusing. I also feel like I was not always given all the pricing info I needed and was not offered discounts for multiple IVF cycles that I should've been. The coordination between the clinic and the genetics testing is not 100% either. I had a miscarriage and my collected tissue wasn't sent in time so the genetics lab was not able to properly evaluate the embryo.
$25,000 per IVF cycle. That's $15k for doctor/clinic, $5k for meds and $5k for genetic testing.
I don't have any comments. Just lots of questions.
2012 - 2016
We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lamb. This was a really difficult time in my life and I felt supported and respected. They walked us through each step so the process wasn't daunting at all. Dr. Lamb is caring and responsive and she has a great team. Our experience was truly wonderful and we have a beautiful little girl and another baby on the way thanks to our team at PNWF.
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I felt Dr. Lamb really got to know me. It felt like visiting a friend who happened to know how to help me conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina and then Kallie )
Wonderful. Provided directions, calendars and was available by email or phone.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Great hours, responsive and very friendly.
iui with both the procedure and sperm collection/spin were about $500. Our IVF total after insurance was about $12,000. Our frozen embryo transfer after insurance was about $300.
2012
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr Lamb was friendly, but I think that she was overly optimistic in her diagnosis. Lots of unknowns along the fertility journey, but I think she could have been a bit more realistic....Research two or three clinics before making a decision and spend time briefly interviewing each doctor before deciding which clinic to use.
2012
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb was quite personable, as was her nursing staff. The nurse I was assigned to, while very nice and compassionate, tended to be a bit rushed and scattered at times.
I was 37 and took 75iu Menopur & 300iu Follistim. I had 11 (or 12?) eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 decent embryos on day 3. All three were implanted on day 3, resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Cripe)
I remember it being somewhat chaotic - getting information or answers to me last minute or only after a few requests.
Base price of $9,951.30 plus $400 for anesthesia, $2,000 for ICSI, $1,230 for embryo cryopreservation and $600 for blast culture for a total of $14,181.30. Plus medications.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Would recommend her [Dr Julie Lamb]without hesitation...I felt her approach was very data driven but balanced with a bedside manner that is very compassionate and upbeat. She was also organized and consistent. I previously saw another dr at the u of WA that seemed a bit scattered and didn't inspire confidence.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Would recommend her without hesitation.
Perfect bedside manner for my needs. Supportive and positive, not overly emotional.
Kallie was very sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
No weaknesses, everything in one location is ideal.