6.9

Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Lamb was very informative on my first visit letting me know what to expect; however, on subsequent visits her answers were not always consistent. She did not always recall my past history or family planning goals we had previously discussed. With that being said, she was very friendly and appointments never felt rushed. And really, I cannot complain because in the end the IVF was successful on my first attempt.
Loved this clinic [Pacific NW Fertility]! The clinic itself is very clean, modern, and everything is done on site (except genetic testing). All of the doctors are very knowledgeable and highly active in contributing more to the field through research, community outreach/education, etc. They keep up with their training to stay on top of the latest and greatest. While I liked my doctor, there was another MD in the practice that did my retrieval that I really loved. I hope to switch to her for baby #2 since we just seemed to have a better connection.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Be your own advocate. Ask questions on each visit and be prepared to gently remind her/staff of your history and goals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
While they were very friendly most of the time, there were moments when I had to remind them of my history details and things/wishes we had discussed at prior appointments.
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Eek-I can't recall this. A lot of meds-it is all kept me of a blur now. They did make me a calendar to give me specific instructions and keep me organized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie)
Kallie was was extremely friendly and easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Loved this clinic! The clinic itself is very clean, modern, and everything is done on site (except genetic testing). All of the doctors are very knowledgeable and highly active in contributing more to the field through research, community outreach/education, etc. They keep up with their training to stay on top of the latest and greatest. While I liked my doctor, there was another MD in the practice that did my retrieval that I really loved. I hope to switch to her for baby #2 since we just seemed to have a better connection.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
Total cost for everything including meds, one IVF freeze all cycle, embryo transfer cycle, genetic testing of both my husband and I, embryo genetic testing, etc. totaled about $35,000.
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWFertility places emphasis on ONE and I am behind this philosophy. They did ask me if I would like to transfer 2, giving me the option based on my specific circumstances. However, they still highly recommended just transferringnone which is what I decided.
Julie Lamb

2012, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr Lamb was friendly, but I think that she was overly optimistic in her diagnosis. Lots of unknowns along the fertility journey, but I think she could have been a bit more realistic....Research two or three clinics before making a decision and spend time briefly interviewing each doctor before deciding which clinic to use.
The nurse I was assigned to [at Pacific NW Fertility] , while very nice and compassionate, tended to be a bit rushed and scattered at times....In our initial consultation with the clinic, they advised I would qualify for the 'two cycle' plan....In March that we were told that I didn't qualify due to my FSH & AMH levels being too high. We were extremely disappointed that this wasn't communicated earlier in the process and made a point to challenge the decision and speak with the clinic manager. They listened to our complaint, but I'm not sure that anything was done to fix the gap in their process.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb was quite personable, as was her nursing staff. The nurse I was assigned to, while very nice and compassionate, tended to be a bit rushed and scattered at times.
I was 37 and took 75iu Menopur & 300iu Follistim. I had 11 (or 12?) eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 decent embryos on day 3. All three were implanted on day 3, resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Cripe)
I remember it being somewhat chaotic - getting information or answers to me last minute or only after a few requests.
Base price of $9,951.30 plus $400 for anesthesia, $2,000 for ICSI, $1,230 for embryo cryopreservation and $600 for blast culture for a total of $14,181.30. Plus medications.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
In our initial consultation with the clinic, they advised I would qualify for the 'two cycle' plan. We returned to the clinic in January after trying to conceive on our own to initiate an IVF cycle with the understanding we would be able to enroll in the two cycle plan. They re-drew my labs to check my levels (a qualifier for the plan) two months prior to the start of our IVF cycle. It wasn't until after we had committed to the process and ordered our meds in March that we were told that I didn't qualify due to my FSH & AMH levels being too high. We were extremely disappointed that this wasn't communicated earlier in the process and made a point to challenge the decision and speak with the clinic manager. They listened to our complaint, but I'm not sure that anything was done to fix the gap in their process. There was some communication through email with the nurse who said Dr. Lamb thought we would have good success and likely be able to freeze some embryos. We only had three decent day-3 embryos to implant.
Julie Lamb